ProWorkflow

Project Management & Time Tracking For Teams Of Any Size.

4.5 /5 (246 reviews) Write a Review!

Leah D.

Out of the Box Solution for Creatives

Reviewed on 2021-02-09

Favorite things: Job numbers, Messaging, Custom task templates, expense and notes feature. Private notes feature.

Pros

I've been using ProWorkflow for over a decade. The time tracking, custom task templates, messaging and client interface make it a critical part of my business. The few times I have had to contact customer service they have been responsive and exceptionally helpful. ProWorkflow is the administrative backbone of my business. At a glance I can see where a project is, how much time has been spent on it, what tasks have been completed and which ones are outstanding. I can add documents, notes and information specific to each project. When a project completes, it is archived and very easy to pull up should I ever need to reference it again. If you are looking to for a way to EASILY manage your projects and workflow - this is the software for you.

Cons

I dislike the fact that contractors cannot track time in the software. So if I have 10 contractors I use, I have to buy full account access for each of them, even though they may only use the software 2-6 times a year. This has always been my biggest complaint.
Add time tracking to the contractor designation and charge 1/2 of the employee rate.

Hayley N.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

QA Graphics-Pro Work Flow Review

Reviewed on 2021-03-02

Overall Pro Work Flow has been a great experience. Their online chat and help service always helps when I'm stuck trying to update something or do something specific in a report. My customers have found it very easy to use as well which is a huge plus for me as we deal with hundreds of clients a month and multiple clients per project. The ability for me to be the administrator and to see everything for messaging, time reporting, time auditing, etc has also been a great tool for our business as well for my team.

Pros

I like the ease of functionality on this software. I love being able to toggle between my work and my users and the ability to categorize projects, tasks, etc. The archive function is amazing and very easy to use. The ability to communicate between customers and my staff with the software is very smooth as well. Also, the ability of my customers to respond directly in their email inbox was a game changer. In the world where everyone has a million sites and passwords to remember, they don't necessarily have to remember this one in order to do business with us. My [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I also really like the reporting that is available for staff time reporting, monthly project updates, etc.

Cons

I feel like the app could use work. Honestly I don't use it and my clients tend not to use it as well. It's a bit hard to navigate to specific projects and the view is a lot different than the website so it's hard to communicate with them where they need to go.

Sarah C.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

• Customer Support Software

ProWorkflow is the best task management tool

Easy to customise
Easy to track time and projects
Connects seamlessly with xero

I love it, I tested many demos, it has an attractive interface, accuracy, great support - this task management system gets a 9.8/10 from me :)

Cons

Sadly there is no pause button on the timer

When invoices transfer to xero they keep the hourly rate - so I can't activate auto invoice reminder in xero otherwise i have to remove that rate off each task (no time for that)

Large scale project management and team communication tools could have improvements made

Straight to the point solution

Reviewed on 2019-07-25

Overall, a great solution that cuts through the noise for you in the already-crazy world of project management with great value for money as well.

Pros

- Great support for Agile sprints, you can tell that the Agile methodology was thought of in the product's design, offering so many tools and features that enable working on sprints and other fast-paced projects.

- Nice Milestone and Kanban visualisation as well. As I said earlier, points your attention to the most important thing to note; straight to the point.

- Great value for money too.

Cons

- Not great support for all invoicing scenarios; that would be useful to integrate into some projects that perhaps require follow-on funding or fractional and/or incremental payments.

- It doesn't have great support for extra-platform communication with colleagues and third parties that are outside the platform, this could be useful when interfacing with clients who may not be registered users

Well-priced Intuitive Platform with Excellent Support

Reviewed on 2016-01-26

Our marketing agency had evaluated time tracking tools in the past and ended up scrapping the tool shortly after installation due to lack of support from the vendor. It was a significant time and money investment that was essentially wasted. With that history, we approached a new tool with great caution and extreme due diligence. Unless you are going to hire developers and build your own solution, there will always be compromises and a constant state of development and upgrades. We started with a list of 50 vendors, whittled it down to 5, and ultimately went with ProWorkflow.

The PWF team is stellar. Beyond stellar really. From the get go, our contact Ivan was incredibly patient with our extreme due diligence. He was readily available to understand our needs and answer questions. Besides being impressed with the platform, we were very drawn to the lack of implementation fee or contract. Highly unusual compared to the other vendors we evaluated. We loved this commitment to happy customers and they have more than proven that they are interested in happy customers. Our Implementation Specialist Dena has been super helpful in getting everything set up correctly. Our Support Specialist Jack is easily accessible and often answers questions with a quick screencast which is super helpful.

The platform itself is easy to use and the internal team has migrated to it well. We have set up over 20 project templates which has aided our project team tremendously saving time creating schedules and making the steps relatively consistent between projects. The design team loves having fully built out schedules with clear expectations and deadlines.

One compromise we did have to make is in regards to reporting. Due to client agreements, we cannot give financial visibility of projects to all team members and the advanced plan didn't work for us as we have resources that span multiple clients. This has left some managers without the ability to pull their own reports which took some getting used to but they are adjusting.

Pros

• Support. The PWF team is the gold standard of customer service!!
• Value
• Ease-of-use
• Using the platform has broadened awareness of what it really takes to complete a project (both from a time and budget perspective)
• Ability to estimate jobs prior to work commencing
• Project templates
• Organization-wide project visibility
• Project and task visibility increases accountability because resources and deadlines are clearly articulated.
• Scalable platform

Cons

• Unfortunately we cannot give all team members visibility to the reporting features due to client confidentiality reasons. It puts an extra burden on the admins to provide reports (which is totally manageable at this time) but ideally you could set reporting permissions on a client level.

Rik M.

Fantastic

Reviewed on 2021-02-09

We use it to organize and monitor the progress of every project.

Pros

Projects. Tasks. Task Templates. Categories. Built-in Gantt chart (customers love it). Customer tracking. Build-your-own reports. Multiple ways to track time are built-in. Integration with Zapier is smooth.

Cons

It integrates with Quickbooks desktop, but I didn't like how it moved over hours and rates. PWF uses a lot of hover menus to keep the interface clean, but if you don't know where to click, you'll miss functionality. The color contrast is very light for older eyes.

Mark D.

Powerful Once You Look Under The Hood

Reviewed on 2018-07-23

Overall we have been pleased with ProWorkFlow, particularly as we've learned the "hidden/not so obvious" features that are difficult to find without digging deep. Customer service has always been outstanding, with responses to emailed questions being answered promptly.

Pros

I really like the fact that ProWorkFlow integrates basic project management tools such as time tracking and resource allocation, along with accounting tools such as quotation generation and invoicing. We looked at many other solutions which had great accounting or project management tools, but did not combine them into a single solution. Being able to turn an approved quotation into a project with a few simple clicks of the mouse has been a huge efficiency boost.

Cons

ProWorkFlow is very powerful, but some tools are not all that easy to locate or utilize, and are sometimes counter intuitive. As an example, when logging project time and project expenses one would expect to be able to do this from the same window/screen/menu, but requires the user to enter one and then go to a different part of the application to enter the other.

One of my Favorite Project Management Software

Reviewed on 2018-02-15

Once I decide to purchase this software, my business would improve efficiency for scale.

Pros

I was excited to try Proworkflow's free trial. After trying so many different products, proworkflow suits most of my business needs. I like the features such as a user friendly dashboard *a must* (plus it feels & looks professional and can be brand personalized). Next in line is the actual functionality - Project Management includes agility timelines, timesheets, budget tracking & tasks. Has a ton of tools which are easily accessible, projects have a great layout with customizable templates for seamless workflows. I especially like the Client/Vendor Collaboration portal. I can upload files, organize and set privacy. Reports have a clean and easy to read layout and are pretty much a one click to print. Lastly, the integrations are useful - google docs, drive and quickbooks are my favorites. Overall, ProWorkFlow could be a great investment, The Solo price is $10/m w/out plugins such as Quotes Manager and Invoices Manager. The Advanced price is $30/m includes plugins such as Quotes Manager and Invoices Manager (which is reasonable).

Cons

What makes me sad is the time it has taken me to finally discover this software. During my trial, I was not able to test drive the Quotes Manager or Invoice Manager. Otherwise, not sure exactly what the Advanced level offers that Solo doesn't. To completely setup the software without help would probably add an extra 20+ hours to my workload. I am definitely considering to make the switch to Proworkflow. A major bonus would be added features such as the ability to send project contracts and project questionnaires.

Response from ProActive Software

Thank you for the review!

Easy to Use Program for Projects

Reviewed on 2021-02-09

Pros

Setting up a project template for repeated action items and milestones helps save time on each new project's set up.

Cons

It would be nice if the Gantt Chart could print into a readable PDF showing the timeline properly.

Kim H.

• Customer Support Software

Helped us maintain and increase our business expedentially

Reviewed on 2021-02-09

We were able to increase the amount projects we can take on and manage, which is a win win for our business.

Pros

Being able to maintain our projects and increase our business. We are able to know the status and history of any project at any time.

Cons

Currently the feature that is not working optimally for us, is in the task section. When we want to add a task, there are only two options - one is duplicate task and the other is add task template. There used to be an option to just add one task. Can you bring that feature back?

Olivier L.

• Customer Support Software

Proworkflow, easy and all editable items.

Reviewed on 2019-02-13

In general, I would say everything about ProworkFlow is great.
It is cheap compared to others but ive tried 15 project management software and I would say this one is the best and easier to work with.
Had no issue to learn it. Went pretty fast for me to master the software.
Great customer service has they provide good feedback and Skype or Zoom support!

Pros

- Easy to use interface
- Fast learning
- Able to manage pretty mutch every aspect of your company
- Everything is editable
- Custom Task
- Custom project templates
- User management
- Contact management
- Easy editing and modifications for project
- Organising timeline and workflow with team
- Admin panel is great for access to everything
- Great support!

Cons

- Ugly looking interface ( They are working on making it look better )
- Apps ( not all of them are currently working )
- No IOS or Android App ( still have a section for toutch screen edition )
- Can't create a customer without having a company.
- Have a better notification system.

Brian T.

A Flighty Employee's Dream

Reviewed on 2021-03-02

The ability to track the progress of every project from start to completion has increased our output and limited error in ways I might never have predicted.

Pros

While learning the software initially was somewhat taxing, once the basics are achieved, ProWorkflow improves the work process immeasurably. My entire team is hitting deadlines at a record rate thanks to the prioritizing of tasks and easy access to documents and team messages. It's a one-stop portal for the department to give direction, upload content, and post queries.

Cons

As stated above, ProWorkflow seems overly detailed initially and was a bit overwhelming to learn. A large part of this, though, was making the transition from the far-too-simplistic and far-too-limited software we'd been using for years.

Emily P.

So many great features!

Reviewed on 2021-03-02

As an agency, we've tried a couple of products to manage our clients, projects and expenses. This is by far the best one we've come across.

Pros

I like the functionality and how intuitive it is to use. This product is robust but not overwhelming.

Cons

I feel like if reports could be sent in emails automatically. Or say, when a project is 75% complete, the project manager is notified by email, that would be helpful!

Selena P.

ProWorkflow Review

Reviewed on 2018-08-06

I'm not solving any real problems, this works just as good as my previous project management software. Honestly, I'd prob stop using it all together if it wasn't for all my projects being archived here for the last 3 years & it's a pain (speaking from experience) to transfer to something that works better for my needs.

Pros

The ease of entering projects and assigning to employees.

Cons

Inability to easily search for old project – the name or job number has to be exact, otherwise you're just scrolling through hundreds of files. I also don't like the ability to duplicate jobs if there's a duplicate order.

Alex M.

The complete package

Reviewed on 2010-04-08

The best management software at the time of looking and recently we embarked on a look top see if this was still the fact, an in my opinion it is. Love that it hosted (only once in three years did it not work...and that was in the night for us) as you get modification automatically. We didn't need to purchase expensive software (one quote we had for $4,000) and it would NOT meet our needs today.

Pros

After looking at many online hosted solutions we chose this as it manages the Project/opportunity from the Quoting stage right to invoicing, it even dovetails nicely with our accounting software and has eliminated 90% of the need to duplicate data from a proposal / quote to the job in a management system to our accounting program. They have now a messaging system which means that we have ALL the relevant data and info in ONE place. The widget that sits on your desktop and tracks time is SOOO good and easy. Their customer service team is fast to respond to issues and seem genuine in wanting to solve things quickly. Run on any browser no need to find systems that have to run on differing platforms

Cons

Have found the odd we bug from time to time (but they did fix them up ASAP) There is still (but is happening apparently) no integration with a calendar which would make the scheduling of jobs easier for creative's and consultants to see and plan their day. Could have a more comprehensive CRM system...

Response from ProActive Software

Thanks for the awesome comments. Regarding calender integration - we're about to start that next week, so we'll soon have that one knocked off ;-)

Michelle L.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Great Software

Reviewed on 2021-02-09

We have had very little issues with this software, and when we do the software company is on it to get it fixed. This software has met ALL our needs thus far.

Pros

This software does so much more than people realize, it is great for the entire company to use for reports, time management, billing, employee tracking.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to reach someone for support, since this company is based in another country

Sheila K.

• Customer Support Software

PWF has made scheduling many products very easy. It is easy to use and the calendar view is...

Reviewed on 2017-10-27

Pros

It is very understandable & logical to use. The information can be archived. The calendar view is a plus.

Cons

This is a small thing - when I create a template and copy it to a new project, I still have to plug in the dates. They don't automatically populate, but that's probably ok.

Response from ProActive Software

Hi Sheila! Thanks for the review, Tim will be in touch shortly to discuss template dates to show you how you can achieve this.

Philip M.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Good for SME

Reviewed on 2018-07-18

Very very good. For simple work flows as in my business it has proven to be an excellent tool

Pros

Very easy to use
API with call
Intuitive
Flexible

Cons

The ability to copy jobs
Certain issues around invoicing e.g.from a quote the invoice sometimes doesn't appear in the job
Lack of customised reports (even if a higher monthly cost)
Lack of centralized "storage" e.g. For documents that need to be emailed out with every job

Charity S.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Proworkflow saves time!

Reviewed on 2018-07-19

Support is really great I once had a rep stay on the phone with me for over an hour trying to find a solution for us with an integrating software... not even their issue.

Pros

Everything seemlessly flow thru your work flow process eliminating double enrty work.

Cons

I wish it had a way for clients to sign off on quotes digitally. It would great if it had invoice templates as well, mirroring how the project and quote templates work.

John J.

• Customer Support Software

ProWorkFlow is easily my favorite PM software.

Reviewed on 2017-12-29

Pros

PWF is intuitive in its setup. On-boarding users is very simple. The VERY detailed way that admins can build templates for business procedures is great. This function doesn't require any real technical skill and can be implemented across all channels easily.

Cons

Customer Service is lacking. PWF is easy to trouble shoot, but the devs are not in North American time zone. Response is by email mostly. This shouldn't be a deal breaker. I would very much recommend it. I've only ever had one issue that did get resolved in 24hrs.

Mike K.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Easy To Use & Excellent Integrations

Reviewed on 2017-08-01

Being able to integrate my financials and the tool was excellent and easy to use.

Pros

The application is a terrific and excellent tool for my time management and also integrates with my financial packaging which makes it so easy for me!

Cons

Not really, the only thing is sometimes when I adjust invoice have to scrap everything can't reproduce it.

Response from ProActive Software

Thanks Mike, much appreciated. Will show the team...

Arthur S.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

EXELLENT PRODUCT FOR OFFICE MANGEMENT AND TASK MANAGEMENT

OVERALL SATISFIED.

Pros

EASY TO USE, YOU CAN NAVIGATE WITH EASE. I ENJOY THE TAG FEATURES.

Cons

REPORTING COULD USE IMPROVEMENT. COMMUNICATION AND POSSIBLY MORE MOBILE FREINDLY USE SUCH AS AN APP SHOULD BE CONSIDERED.

Alberic B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

An easy tool to support Project Management and communication

Reviewed on 2016-07-14

PWF has helped us in supporting the Projects we have conduction with our customers. communication has been easier, and the project follow up is easy. tasks are easy to manage but drawback is they are too simple some times to get a good view on some activities.

Pros

Projects info container is good enough for a closed project
managing projects in PWF is not extra work but embedded in the workflow so reporting is accurate
resource management gives some indications about the availability of staff
easy to use, on boarding users is simple.
videos / support are very efficient

Cons

Tasks are too simple and need to be adapted to incorporate more options

Response from ProActive Software

Thanks heaps for the review!

Chuck P.

SOME FEATURES THAT ARE CRITICAL

Reviewed on 2021-02-09

Good. It is not perfect and has gone through growing pains, but is stable and generally usable.

Pros

THE VISUAL TIME SHEET VIEW OF THE DAY IS CRITICAL FOR TIME TRACKING AND MANAGEMENT.

Cons

I wish the gant chart system was usable and able to export to share.

Yaniv T.
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Delivers consistently but has room for improvement

Reviewed on 2021-03-27

Pros

Being able to breakdown projects both by time and by the necessary tasks is extremely useful . The Dashboard is fluid and allows you to follow the progress of multiple things at the same time .

Cons

Exporting the reports can be made easier and less time-consuming .Generally accessing data is too rigid for my liking and I feel that a lot of the steps are made unnecessarily complicated .