ProWorkflow

Project Management & Time Tracking For Teams Of Any Size.

4.4/5
4.2/5
4.3/5
Customer Support Software
4.6/5

Jessica rose M.

Bring on tick Friday - Love ProWorkFlow

Reviewed on 2018-07-25

Our team are able to collaborate more. We have a greater transparency with clients & are overall much productive.

Pros

Our team are able to collaborate & we are able to manage both projects (development/design) as well as monthly recurring tasks (agency social media posting/community management). ProWorkflow weekly workload app is a life saver & the team proactively have a "tick Friday" were we go home early if all boards are cleared and completed. Our business is able to see where the profitability lies within our services & where we can make improvements. Highly recommend this tool due to its ease of use & flexibility.

Cons

For recurring tasks / monthly repetitive services of an agency you cannot just duplicate a current "project" and rename it. This would be an awesome time saving feature to have.

• Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

An impressive software at last

Reviewed on 2021-10-09

Our organization had more collaboration and transparency with clients since we opted to this software and productivity increased as projected. Thumbs up for a seamless operation.

Pros

This software has a perfect team integration, custom field addition and also the integration of other financial softwares. Aside from the appealing interface, I love the fact that it easily connects with zero with an excellent tracking tool.

Cons

Its almost impossible to duplicate a recurrent project,I believe such should be possible knowing fully well this is a monthly project. Another issue i have which must be considered is on the purchase of full account access on each of our contractors, its not economical if we have to purchase account access for 25 contractors who seldom use the software except when needed.

Susan M.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

ProWorkflow - 4 year user

Reviewed on 2021-02-09

Our firm continues to utilize ProWorkflow in new and effective ways after 4 years. The company has released several upgrades that have been great. One of our favorites is the Project Board.

Pros

The main reason we selected ProWorkflow was to track project estimated hours to actual hours and see those results in a clear graphic format. PWF has exceeded our expectations. As our workload has increased, along with the number of projects, PWF has allowed us to stay very organized and work more efficiently. The customer service is outstanding. The PWF account representative is readily available for quick questions and training at any time. This is all inclusive of the overall cost of the software.

Cons

The profitability reports can be a bit time consuming to set up. Also, an earlier feature, the ability to show project locations on a map, is no longer available.

Justin P.
  • Industry: Market Research Software

• Customer Support Software

ProWorkflow has powerful features yet is still very intuitive for Project Managers and Team...

Reviewed on 2017-09-15

Introducing Project Management in a Marketing environment is very difficult. This is a group of people that don't typically like to be dictated timelines and held accountable for documenting their hours and progress on projects.

ProWorkflow was the only Project Management software I found that had the robust features I needed to effectively document projects and manage resources, while providing an intuitive interface that creative team members would embrace.

Pros

I started using ProWorkflow as a project management tool for marketing teams. They liked that it was well designed and extremely easy to use. There is so much flexibility -- such as entering Time Spent -- that users have options in finding what workflow suits them best.

What I personally like most is how quick and easy it is to navigate between the different screens. Practically everything is a link, so it's very efficient moving around within, and between, projects.

Cons

If I HAVE to identify a shortcoming with ProWorkflow, based solely on my own preferences, it would be the reporting tools. They are very robust, even including a custom report builder, but it's never been as intuitive as the rest of the software.

Response from ProActive Software

It's great to hear that you're loving ProWorkflow Justin! Thank you for the brilliant review.

Daniel T.

So Far - Really Good.

Reviewed on 2016-08-29

Work are a growing, highly productive print studio / communications department that services both internal clients in our large organisation and many external clients. It is hard to find a Production Management System that is 'one size fits all'. But, for the most part, ProWorkflow is very diverse and adaptable. After researching and comparing ProWorkflow with other PMS's, this was the most comprehensive and adaptable to our needs.

We implemented ProWorkflow about 1 month ago and have not looked back. With the ease of an all-in-one space for us and our clients to lodge jobs and interact with projects and accounts, tracking, quotes and invoices and CRM. It makes our very heavy work load so much more manageable and accurate. Nothing can fall into the cracks of our frantically busy schedule and be missed with all deadline tracked. Clients no longer have a long delay to be invoiced via combersome manual processes between us and our accounts department, as this is now all integrated as part on our professional work flow using this system. Over all, it has fixed a lot of work flow issues for our very time poor, small team.

The support is great. The training, general customer service and support, and follow up (yes - actual follow up) well surpasses my expectation of online software - in fact any interaction I can think of to do with software or online service.

They are always taking on board my input to better the software to make it more flexible and adaptable as best they can, and are often updating and bettering the system.

So far - really good.

Pros

- Comprehensive, adaptable all-in-one PMS.
- Easy and quick to use.
- Great Support.

Cons

- Lack of integration between project / project request data and quote/invoice data.
- Unable to have multiple companies for the one contact.

Response from ProActive Software

Thanks Daniel! We appreciate the review ;-)

Dustin B.

• Customer Support Software

Choosing To Use ProWorkFlow Was A No-Brainer!

Reviewed on 2021-03-02

I chose ProWorkFlow when I was with a previous company. I knew when I started my own company that THIS was going to be the software I was going to use. No doubt in my mind.

Pros

ProWorkFlow keeps me organized. It helps me to track the progress of a project and the time spent on that project.

Cons

I don't really have anything that I don't like. I feel like there is so much functionality that it can do that I don't utilize. I wish I knew more about how the product works. Maybe offer some more tutorials?

FunctionFox and Time Tracker

Reasons for Switching to ProWorkflow

I've used it before and the ease of use.
Nikita P.

Happy User Since 2011

Reviewed on 2021-02-09

The business problem that ProWorkFlow solves is making our project management successful and efficient. It helps us look good in front of our clients because we are able to efficiently manage large jobs and thousands of tasks.

Pros

ProWorkFlow has been essential for our business. It is so easy to use and keeps our projects and tasks organized and easy to manage. Our clients are onboarded easily and they like it because they can always see where their projects are at. Our employees love it because it makes it clear what they need to work on each day. We can organize tasks by priority and by the deadline. The software is so versatile and as our business processes morph over the years, ProWorkFlow morphs along with us.

Cons

One thing that could be improved are adding an option to create auto-generated reports. This way we could send an automatic monthly report to our clients on all tasks/jobs completed and they can easily see what was worked on for them over the month.

Georgina P.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

Great option for sole traders with diverse businesses

Reviewed on 2021-03-02

Great company, great product and really nice support staff.

Pros

It's quick and efficient to track time (can even do it from the app on my phone) and create invoices, even for low-value projects.

Cons

Because it's so powerful and has so many features, it can be a bit overwhelming working through the parts and learning how to use it for your own needs. But customer service is second-to-none and they're always available to assist.

Steve L.

Best PM Software Hands-Down

Reviewed on 2021-02-10

I've used PWF for nearly 10 years. Along the way I've entertained others here and there, and PWF has consistently been the best value and features.

Pros

Super easy to use; great customer support; great training videos and on-boarding; robust features at a reasonable price

Cons

Specifically for marketing/advertising agency...a client proofing/review feature would be great, along with better asset management specific to a project/client. A more robust client portal would be great, too.

inMotion ignite and Basecamp
Tyler B.

• Customer Support Software

ProWorkflow is the staple of our agency

Reviewed on 2021-02-09

I have been using ProWorkflow for almost 3 years now and it has made my job much, much more efficient. When I was hired at the agency I'm currently at, my first task was to learn the system and then train our staff on how to use the software. I would strongly recommend ProWorkflow to everyone.

Pros

The thing I like most about PWF is the ease of use. It's really easy to learn and I can train new employees on how to track projects and log their time in a matter of minutes. An additional feature that I like most about PWF is the billing. The ability to track and pull billable hours is second to none.

Cons

One feature that I least like is the Summary page. It's the first thing you see when you first open the website and can be intimidating if you see that you have 24 tasks overdue.

Jordan P.

• Customer Support Software

Couldn't do business without it

Reviewed on 2018-07-18

We have found that with PWF we are.more efficient, more accountable, and have more time to care for our clients.

Pros

We've transitioned into using PWF as just information tracking to full customer profiles, work flow, time tracking, and complete information hub. Every time we've called and asked for slight changes to the software they've responded in remarkable timelines.
Recommend this for medium to large businesses with lots of information to keep tracked, accessible and organized.
Great way to communicate too.

Cons

There could be an app instead of just a mobile site, and with such allow messaging to operate outside of email as an app for staff and clients alike. Also, I think some of the API integration could be a little more robust for a smoother user experience for those users trying to use PWF to it's full capacity.

Paul S.
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

The best online system we've ever used

Reviewed on 2018-07-19

It helps is keep track of our jobs, where we are at with them, hours worked - there's a few things we'd love to customise for our business in particular, but it's been our best friend in business for the last 6 years !

Pros

We used to use an in-house/server only program with Filemaker Pro that never had external access - now I can log in anywhere to send scripts to our voice over talent and keep on top of jobs, quotes and invoices - plus we use Xero, so it's great to have that integration with invoices.

Cons

There's a couple of quirks in the manner of it being web based, and I'd love to see templates for font sizes in messages and emails out of the system, and occasionally we have issues (not ProWorflow's issue) that some government departments reject the emails out of the PWF system and we have to double check they got them !

Heather J.

• Customer Support Software

ProWorkflow is a MUST HAVE for any businesses managing multiple, people, tasks and projects.

Reviewed on 2018-04-20

Saves time, reduces unnecessary calls, keeps everything organised and reduces stress and helps manage project budgets and time on projects.

Pros

I have returned yet again to use PWF as I have started designing. The features have improved tremendously, certainly more user-friendly, great project templates to apply to make it easier to set up which I love! You can even make your own Project templates, which is a bonus.

I came straight back to ProWorkflow because it helped me so much I am now a returning customer and a happy one at that!

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that one important social media link field is missing in the contacts section, which I have put a request in for with IT.

Response from ProActive Software

Thank you for the awesome feedback Heather! We're glad you love ProWorkflow!

Todd W.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

• Customer Support Software

Does what it says on the packet - and does it well.

Reviewed on 2021-02-10

We compare PWF with other solutions on the market on an annual basis (every year for 10 years!) and still continue to find ways that OPWF comes out on top.

Pros

We have used Proworkflow for around 10 years and heavily use it for time tracking, resource scheduling, budget management and cost tracking. We run a marketing agency with a team of 13 people and all users rely on PWF for daily management of their billable. The reporting features are strong and customisable. The interface continues to improve and periodic upgrades that always seem o add another level of improvement and usability.

Cons

We have seen other more feature rich software options on the market that would improve our client collaboration.

• Customer Support Software

ProWorkflo is a good value

Reviewed on 2018-07-19

Early on, PWF was ideal for our production system and really advanced our internal efficiency. But as we grew and our projects became more complex and diverse, PWF had a hard time keeping up. The templates - for what we are doing - became very unwieldy, and the dashboard feature really did not have the capacity to give us the snapshots of our many projects that we needed. I truly like PWF, but it may be that we simply outgrew it. New features to answer our concerns - storage, dashboard, snapshots especially, along with the ability to streamline templates, could easily bring us back to the fold.

Pros

Flexibility of template creation, internal team communication.

Cons

Will not connect with our NAS. Connection through Dropbox is awkward. Does not have nearly enough storage on its own servers for our purposes.

Jennifer R.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Pro Work Flow Review

Reviewed on 2018-07-26

PWF has been invaluable to our team but workflow organization, project management and ultimately file saving and sharing. Having our job numbers automatically created in sequence with our customized pre-fixes has been extremely helpful.

Pros

Pro Work Flow is very easy to use. Very little admin time is needed to train new users. It's been very reliable and only has ever had very minor issues in the past. The customer service has been excellent, even with the time difference.

Cons

There's really not much I don't like about Pro Work Flow. The one thing that can be improved is it's reporting functions, especially on the MAC operating system. It's very user friendly to get what you need from it.

Karen K.
  • Industry: Automotive

It's Got Everything!

Reviewed on 2017-08-08

Pros

It's got all the functionality we need! Min Lee is great, answers all our questions and fast. For anyone that wants to manage multiple projects, ProWorkflow is definitely a multi-functional tool. We love how transparent it is and has a great reporting functionality.
I'm currently training a new staff on it and it's so easy to learn It's fantastic, we love it, our clients love it and we couldn't be happier. We are ProWorkflow's biggest fan!

Cons

Not all the reporting capabilities for part of our industry. So we needed something to be made! This isn't even a criticism but adapted very well!

Response from ProActive Software

Thanks heaps Karen!

• Industry: Broadcast Media

Project Management for Video production

Reviewed on 2018-07-26

ProWorkflow enables us to track our projects from where ever we are in the world. Enabling us to appear super organised to our clients - letting them trust that their projects are in safe hands.

Pros

ProWorkFlow allows our diverse video production projects to retain a calm organised structure and enable our small team to deliver complex productions on time and on budget. Starting with the quotation module it allows us to develop a production from initial contact through to delivered films.

Cons

The software can't read minds - it can only keep record on the information we give it. The more we give it the more it gives back.

Ryan W.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Excellent Workflow system

Reviewed on 2019-03-13

The system allowed me to keep track of our clients documents and keep timeframes so I know where we are with each of our clients to make sure we follow and stick to our deadlines.

Pros

The software is so easy to use and integrates to my Gmail account easily so that when me and my resume writer share documents back n forth between it alerts each of us to check the system. I would definitely recommend this system for any small or large business. If you need to track where you're in the process with clients this system really does the job well.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints. The system is amazing!

Isaac M.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

ProWorkflow does it all.

Reviewed on 2018-07-18

Thanks to it's tracking, reporting and project management features, we estimate it saves each person up to 15 minutes per day. Multiply that by a large user base over the duration of the year and you've got yourself some pretty significant ROI.

Pros

The ability to customize for my team's very specific functions is the best part of ProWorflow. We have different divisions and teams serving varied company needs, all with their own unique workflow needs. ProWorkflow solved for them all.

Cons

It has so many options it would be great if you could turn those off you don't need (like invoice and billing, for instance).

Sally-anne P.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Excellent timke tracking software with Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021-03-02

Excellent. It has been a game changer for us in terms of managing staff time.

Pros

Proworkflow is simple to use and the customer service is excellent. It enables us to readily manage client engagements and individual tasks and is a great tool for recording and billing time.

Cons

I think the only way of recording expected hours worked for part time and casual staff is to set any days they don't work as "out of office" or "vacation". This makes it challenging for forward managing projects against available staff time.

Joshua L.
  • Industry: Design

Excellent tool for keeping track of jobs I am working on and time used.

Reviewed on 2021-03-02

Pros

This is a simple way to keep track of multiple jobs I am working on simultaneously and track my hours in those jobs. It is also a helpful central resource when needing to dig up information from jobs that I worked on years ago.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like there are connectivity issues, where I have to switch over to VPN to re-establish a connection with the software, but I'm not sure if that's on your end or mine.

Justine P.

• Customer Support Software

Brilliant Customer Support and Proactive!

Reviewed on 2017-09-07

Pros

ProWorkflow ticks all the boxes and we have had a look at a few different Project Management systems and ProWorkflow met all our requirement; it was able to put everything we need in one place and in detail and without being overwhelming but very compressive at the same time.

Cons

Pricing because I have such a big team using ProWorkflow! Would also love it if you had a CRM module with it.

Response from ProActive Software

Thank you for the brilliant review Justine!

Kelsey S.
  • Industry: Media Production

Kelsey's Review

Reviewed on 2018-07-24

ProWorkflow has been useful in tracking timeline/due dates for all of our projects, notifying all necessary team members at the start of a project, and helping us keep track of when it's time to invoice.

Pros

The ability to divide projects into categories and the activity timeline on the home page.

Cons

When you make a change to a project, I wish it did a better job of identifying the change in the update that's sent out to the team assigned to the project.

Louise D.
  • Industry: Executive Office

ProWorkFlow Review

Reviewed on 2018-07-19

I have tried out many different project management software and I have to say that ProWorkFlow is the best one that fits what we needed. It's so easy to see what tasks we have coming up, what we are overdue on and how many hours have been worked vs how many hours are allocated to a project.

Pros

One of the features that really drew me to ProWorkFlow is the ability to send messages to users and have the message attached to a task or project. The inbuilt timer is one of the best I have used. As a virtual assistant company, tracking time and conversations is really important.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like about ProWorkFlow is you don't have the ability to set custom available hours to staff. This makes it tricky to ensure we are not overloading our team.