Pardot

4.0/5
3.8/5
Customer Support Software
3.8/5

Good but lags behind other marketing automation platforms

Reviewed on 2021-09-17

Pros

As Pardot is designed to work with Salesforce, it is easy to run campaigns from and ensure that all of the appropriate lead information is captured. Email marketing campaigns are easy to set up and it is an important part of our marketing stack.

Cons

Pardot does not really have the functionality of other marketing automation platforms that we've used in the past. Engagement studio programs are not dynamic, meaning you have to stop and start them if you need to make changes. There is also no option for operational emails (emails without unsubscribe links), meaning you can only use Pardot for marketing purposes.

Charu M.

Power-packed Marketing Automation Tool

Reviewed on 2020-04-04

A powerful marketing automation tool but expensive. Good for people who are looking for imapctful insights, lead nurturing and tracking down customer activities with ease. Pardot could be a good fit if you need good Salesforce CRM integration and have the budget for $1,000/month or more.

Pros

We get real time activity updates of our prospects from the lead deck functionality

Awesome customer support

Ease of usage, is highly customisable

As it's a Salesforce product now the ease of integration with the CRM is mind blowing

Cons

I would say the makers of this product are a little money minded.

A lot of functionalities are only available for the PRO users like API access and A/B testing

Also, not many integrations are possible using this product

Todd S.
  • Industry: Plastics
  • Used for 1-5 months

Pardot for beginners

Reviewed on 2021-05-14

Allowed us to efficiently market to individuals and companies that we already had in our system without using direct mail.

Pros

Pardot is a natural fit for Salesforce users. The functionality of Pardot and the analytics are awesome. This software is a great way to successfully streamline marketing efforts to your customers.

Cons

Pardot is definitely not intuitive. There is a learning curve for sure. It is not something that someone can jump into and just figure it out. Assistance from tutorials and our Pardot technical help is needed.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Pardot

Needed something much more robust with advanced features.

Reasons for Switching to Pardot

Pardot seemed to work more seamlessly with Salesforce and we liked the ideal of trying to learn and implement products from the same company.
Andy K.

Powerful Marketing Automation Platform

Reviewed on 2019-05-13

As our admin and a daily user, I have found that the tool is relatively easy to learn basic and intermediate functionality. However, as you get more advanced, the ability to find "official" Salesforce resources becomes more difficult. Thankfully, the community of users has proven to be really valuable and knowledgeable even with various updates.
I think Pardot has been a really strong tool for us to advance our marketing automation and email marketing practices and really drive growth in our marketing efforts.

Pros

The biggest Pro for our organization is the tie-in to Salesforce. Adding Pardot as our bolt-on marketing automation platform allows us to connect seamlessly to our Salesforce CRM and utilize most all of the data that we're already capturing there. Developing detailed email logic, engagement programs and drip campaigns has really improved our growth marketing practice.

Cons

At times, the tool can be challenging to find the correct solution for what you're trying to accomplish. I've spent many hours in Salesforce's help section and the Pardot user community (as well as searching other areas of the web) to find answers to specific questions. That said, the questions that I've had, usually have been answered already by other users or I can collaborate with other users outside our org to find a solution.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Easy to use , great UI and powerful

Reviewed on 2020-01-29

the experience of using pardot was great. it's highly intuitive and powerful which makes the learning curve for less technical yet more visual users really short.

Pros

1) it's a really robust marketing automation platform with lots of capabilities but wrapped around a super easy UI
2) deep integration within the salesforce CRM and echo system (you can also use 3rd party salesforce tools from the app exchange to trigger things such as SMS via the SFDC campaign function )
3) slick customer journey canvas that is highly visual
4) fairly priced (in comparison with the other MA vendors)

Cons

1) only works with Salesforce (professional edition and above ) so if you're using a different CRM that wont really work for you, or rather be a standalone
2) it would be great if there were more native connectors to it.

Marketo Engage and HubSpot Marketing Hub
Kristina A.

Great if You Also Have Salesforce and a Sales Team

Reviewed on 2020-08-14

Overall I really like Pardot because it syncs with Salesforce and allows us to automate tasks that help the sales team make timely follow ups specific to the actions a recipient takes. For example, if a recipient opens an email and downloads a specific guide we can automatically let the sales person know that person downloaded that specific guide and to follow up on it.

Pros

Pardot is perfect for companies that use Salesforce and also have a multiple person sales team. It has advanced automation features, and allows you to send emails from sales reps and insert dynamic content to make that email from the rep seem personalized. Dyamic content can be anything from the typical first name, company name, to custom dynamic content that's unique to whatever your needs are. Because Pardot syncs with Salesforce it also allows you to assign sales members tasks based on behaviors the recipients of the emails are taking which is great for strategic and timely sales follow up.

Cons

The email editor could be better and easier to use. There isn't an undo button which is very frustrating. If you need to undo something you pretty much have to start over.

• Industry: Consumer Electronics

Pardot marketing tool

Reviewed on 2018-11-02

Overall, I am really happy we went with Pardot it has been a great marketing tool and allowed our company to create content and reach an audience we could not have even come close to without it.

Pros

I love the ability to have insight into customer activity and to create marketing campaigns. From a marketing perspective Pardot is an amazing tool. However my role is in more of a sales role so I tend to lean on the features of Salesforce much more. I appreciate the tie into sales force and how I am able to create reports and customer lists very easily in Pardot. It has greatly expanded the communication that I am able to have with customers. I work closely with the marketing team to delivery targeted messages which we were unable to do in the past.

Cons

My biggest frustration comes from the Salesforce/Pardot relationship. I wish that the terms in salesforce were the same used in Pardot, it is a bit of a learning curve especially when you are getting up to speed and working within two different departments. For example campaigns in salesforce are completely different than campaigns in Pardot.

Pardot Admin - heavy usage

Reviewed on 2021-02-13

Overall i would give it a B+ meets all most all of our needs, there were some pleasant surprises, but nothing is perfect. We are very happy with the production is has create d for us.

Pros

it was mostly plug and play, the price was right for our company (package deal with salesforce) and it effectively has automated our email marketing.

Cons

there are a few little things that we have encountered that due to our industry that would not really apply to every industry. but we have found that there is flexibility in pardot.

Tom N.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The best B2B Marketing Automation tool

Reviewed on 2017-10-25

Overall excellent.

Pros

Way more than just email. Pardot is a full force marketing automation tool. Everything from page tracking to form building to file downloads, It is by far the easiest to use tool I've experienced. In addition to the above, it's an excellent email tool, complete with record assignment, auto responder, integration capabilities.

Cons

Too frequently there is system down time that impacts message sending and performance. To date, this has been simply in convenient and has not crippled any critical operation.

Emily F.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Pardot Review -

Reviewed on 2018-09-27

Pros

I like the programs ability to link with Sales Force, and the management aspects of the software. At times, Pardot enhances the overall workflow of the day.

Cons

Pardot doesn't offer the ability to go back at certain stages, so if you do hit back on your browser, or hit pardots back button it will either time you out or delete your previous steps. Also the program doesn't seem to be entirely compatible with our companies server, as it is extremely slow. If you populate something in Salesforce, it will take up to several hours to show in Pardot, despite restarting the page and the whole computer. Lastly, building out emails is extremely difficult as there is a delay in the editor box and the email overview box. Also things like formatting pictures, text etc. are extremely frustrating in comparison to some of the other email platforms I've used in the past.

Good product

Reviewed on 2018-09-19

I have had a good enough experience with Pardot in terms of onboarding and free ongoing training.

Pros

I like the user interface and free office hours.

Cons

There's no ability to easily update a custom funnel retroactively, but I think this is a limitation for all of the marketing automation tools. Often times, our MQLs, SALs criteria change, and we want to see how our marketing progress has changed retroactively. Lacks a lot of integration with other third party tools.

Vijay S.
  • Industry: Information Services

ARCHITECT REVIEW

Reviewed on 2016-10-05

Really Nice thing to work on It was intuitive, useful, efficient. It helped me improve our operations significantly. I'd definitely give it further consideration.It was intuitive, useful, efficient. It helped me improve our operations significantly. I'd definitely give it further consideration.

Ben L.

• Customer Support Software

Great automation tool for companies looking to scale email marketing and nurture programs

Reviewed on 2017-08-29

Overall great product. Excellent value for the money.

Pros

Ease of use, lots of functionality (nurture campaigns, social posting, salesforce integration, lots of automation opportunities)

Cons

Customer support is still strong but not as good as it once was (used to have customer support chat feature but recently got rid of it). Better integration of Pardot campaigns with Salesforce campaigns would be great. More integrations with other tools.

• Customer Support Software

Pardot is a great marketing automation tool

Reviewed on 2018-12-19

I had utilized Pardot in an administrator position, and I really enjoyed using the platform. The system was easy to maintain, and they are making continuing improvements to it as time goes on.

Pros

Pardot is extremely easy to use and navigate through. It's pretty intuitive and the user interface is mostly appealing. It's native integration with Salesforce is also a huge plus.

Cons

The Engagement Studio is great, however, it is lacking more of the intricacies (specifically around flow logic) that other marketing automation platforms allow for.

Amanda M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Maybe not the best tool for OUR specific use case

Reviewed on 2020-11-16

I prefer a competitor to Pardot from a UX standpoint, however, we had to custom build a LOT of functionality with that tool and salesforce to get the integration we wanted. It is great now, but was painful to get set up.

Pardot allows for most of the integration functionality we wanted, especially with SFDC campaigns, right out of the box.

Pros

The close, tight integration with salesforce. There are a significant number of benefits for a demand generation engine to use pardot if they use salesforce CRM.

Cons

The UX isn't great. Adding a hyperlink to a file within an email takes multiple steps within different sections of the tool. Versus other tools I have used, where it can all be executed on the same email editor screen.

Contact Records are called prospects, which is fine, but we use the tool for customer communications and this confused a few people at first.

The test emails take FOREVER to arrive, although that might have something to do with our SPAM filter.

The overall navigation within the tool is not as user friendly.

Bryson E.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Leading the Way with Leads

Reviewed on 2018-03-12

Pardot helps you benefit from the huge system of Saleforce behind the scenes while creating amazing marketing segments. This software streamlines the once tedious process of finding the right segments with its intuitive features and user-interface. With the tedious parts automated, there is a better chance you will get results from your leads.

Pros

Pardot offers a user-friendly interface with a great system for nurturing prioritized leads. This software helps to streamline a once complex series of logging in and out of multiple platforms just to achieve one results. A great time saver overall.

Cons

I do not like the payment plan set-up. I feel like there are ways to further incentivize this process.

• Customer Support Software

Good for those who are already using Salesforce

Reviewed on 2018-06-15

Pros

I like how the connection with Salesforce works; I have all my Salesforce leads and campaigns in Pardot so there is little to no need to export or import anything. I also like the Engagement Studio - it is a pretty visual and simple way to set up marketing automation.

Cons

The interface is sometimes unnecessarily complex; the social sharing feature could be improved - especially when a social network changes something, it takes a while to appear on Pardot.

Mithil P.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

• Customer Support Software

A useful tool with a big learning curve

Reviewed on 2019-07-16

I have used Pardot while using Salesforce.com and had an active sales team at my organization. I feel this tool is better utilized by agencies or organizations that have a dedicated sales team. There is just so much the tool does as a whole which a smaller business would not find useful.

Pros

The in-depth integrations across teams and features available for teams to streamline communications.

Cons

The time it takes to learn the tool. It has a long learning curve to equip yourself with enough knowledge about how to use it.

Andy M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Effective Marketing Automation once you get the hang of it

Reviewed on 2016-03-09

Pros

It is a very robust tool that has been able to do accommodate everything we've asked of it. I like that if the functionality of a certain part of the tool can't exactly do what I need it to, there are work-around ways and other functionalities that can be creatively configured or strung together to achieve my goals.

I really like the way the drip campaign logic is laid out. Very easy and intuitive. The email editor is also very easy to use. I like that there's always something new to learn. I've been using the tool for almost a year and I'm still finding new functionalities to use.

Cons

It had somewhat of a high learning curve when you first start. But I think that's the case with Marketing Automation platforms in general. I still don't fully understand how to generate value from certain reports.

Ben L.

• Customer Support Software

Must have tool for any marketing team

Reviewed on 2017-02-08

The ability to scale a marketing team's effort has never been made easier with Pardot. Super easy to use and totally worth the investment.

Pros

Tracking ability
Implementation of nurture campaigns
Automation rules that remove the manual steps of "what happens next" after a lead are generated.

Jill K.

Pros and cons of Pardot

Reviewed on 2019-07-24

Better than mail chimp for professional businesses, but can be overly complex at times.

Pros

I like that you can create renderings and very interactively build emails.

Cons

It can be very complex to do little tasks, like adding in a photo. Not to mention if you want to change the template, you need to have CSS/HTML background.

• Customer Support Software

Helpful for sales but not for marketers

Reviewed on 2019-08-19

Pros

Wonderful tracking for leads and creation of drip campaigns. Any company who’s expanding their lead generation efforts and looking to hasten the velocity of closing prospects will definitely find this useful, especially since it is connected to Salesforce.

Cons

Interface and usability needs a lot of improvement. Functionalities for creatives and marketers can become too time-consuming and limiting, especially in terms of customisation of drip emails.

Intercom

Administrative decision.
Marvin F.

Great for startups 1

Reviewed on 2016-10-06

We use the product to distribute food to the homeless and the needy. The Product has been very helpful in directing our need base as well as following product distribution during the year as our needs change with respect to the financial climate that our clients are experiencing.

Pros

Easy to sue

Cons

expensive for startups

Mark R.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Loved This Software!

Reviewed on 2018-09-10

Pros

I was using Hubspot before I switched over to Pardot. The best thing about the change was the incredible integration with Google Adwords. It was able to completely integrate with Adwords and helped give advice for better ways to improve.

Cons

This was super costly. That is my biggest complaint. I worked with the sales rep, he was awesome, and was able to get a good discount, but it was still very expensive.

Marvin U.

• Customer Support Software

Pardot integrates nicely with Salesforce, and provides a lot of additional insight.

Reviewed on 2018-02-26

Pros

Lead Deck Pardot's Lead Deck gives you real-time activity updates of prospect's activity. If a prospect visits your services page, you can receive an update on your screen, and send them an email in one-click.

Cons

Not many integrations While Pardot does have native integration with most of the popular CRMs, they only have 32 third-party apps, which is significantly less than other tools, such as Marketo.