3,498 reviews

Nazmul H.
  • Industry: Media Production

Best Project Management for Small Business

Reviewed on 2020-11-06

If you ask me for a rating, I would give 8 out of 10. With a huge amount of features like invoicing, Client Portal, Contact Management, Expense Tracking, Project Management make your business easy to manage. For people who are trying to start a new business, I would recommend the FreshBooks at first.

Pros

FreshBooks is very easy to use and has so many features that help you manage your business in a short time. They have excellent customer services. The most fascinating thing about FreshBooks is it has also mobile app and the UI design is so eye-catching. They create attractive invoices for clients. Another coolest feature of FreshBooks is "Proposal". This feature allows you to show the work and writing space and attach your customize pictures.

Cons

Although you can hardly find cons in FreshBooks. But sometimes something grabs notice. I think the least likable thing about FreshBooks is limiting users. Only one user can use FreshBooks. And the other one is the price. I think as a small business management tool, it is a little expensive than others.

Steve S.

Not for everyone, or even most...

Reviewed on 2015-02-24

I've been using Freshbooks for the last couple of years, and at first it was a breath of fresh air after getting away from Quickbooks (both online and desktop version prior to that). If you don't have a proficiency for accounting, systems like Freshbooks are great, so I enjoyed the simplicity of it. The problem is - it's just way too simple and there are some major gaps in functionality. Additionally, it's a stagnant system. Very little improvements or features were tweaked or added in the system during the entire time I used it which is pretty unusual for a web based service.

Freshbooks shouldn't even call themselves accounting, because their forte really is in time tracking and invoicing. I now use Freeagent and wish I'd switched sooner.

If you don't care about tracking profit margins on projects or really tracking expenses accurately at all, then Freshbooks might work for you.

Pros

Freshbooks gets plenty right. Tracking billable time against customers or customer projects is a breeze, and their invoicing and methods for collecting payments is really hard to beat. Plus, they integrate with so many other services, it makes it really easy to get addicted to.

The things I love most - and the main reasons I'm glad that I left Quickbooks for Freshbooks is:

Automated invoice reminders, which are totally flexible. This alone saved me a lot of time chasing down late payers.

Your customers get a really nice interface for viewing all their invoices online - although I will say I think I only have one or two clients who ever even used the client portal for doing that. Most of them just go to their email to retrieve the links for invoices or statements, but it is still a really nice feature.

Cons

No connections to your banking / credit card accounts. You can do this with expenses to some extent, but it's just awful to work with, when compared to Quickbooks, Xero, FreeAgent - pretty much anyone else. In order to use Freshbooks, you have to have some other software or service for managing the accounting aspects of your business. This ended up being a bad thing for me. I like having it all connected, and there are plenty of great alternatives for that, and some even charge less than Freshbooks.

My reasons for leaving Freshbooks? Freshbooks is downright awful at expenses...

You can't record non-billable expenses against a customer or project. If you want to record the expense without billing the customer for it, you cannot assign it to the customer or project. No easy way around that without messing up your accounting records.

And with expenses that you DO want to rebill the customer for, there's no easy, intuitive way to handle marking up those expenses for goods or services to make a profit on. In order to do that, you must first add the expenses to the customer invoice, and then modify each line item expense amount up to the amount you want the customer to pay.

You cannot record bills as you receive them your vendors. Say for example, you get an invoice from a programmer who did work for you on 4 different projects in a given time period. Most vendors will just send you an itemized invoice with all the billable time across the various projects. Well, you can't record it that way in Freshbooks. Each line item on your bill must be entered into freshbooks one line item at a time, and you cannot correlate them easily to know that they are all part of one bill/invoice. Freshbooks also can't help you with managing when your bills are due. That's accounting, which Freshbooks doesn't do.

Freshbooks solutions to their shortcomings with expenses is all handled with hacks and workarounds for how their system is currently built. They are not easy or intuitive and they also throw things off with your accounting reports.

Chris S.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

• Customer Support Software

Improvements need to keep coming ....

Reviewed on 2018-12-27

I've been a FreshBooks customer for YEARS and I do like them. I've ridden it out through all the changes and just dealt with how interfaces change and prices change. In the past few years there have been a lot more freelancer payment management systems that have come along. I've looked around, but I find myself staying with what is comfortable even though something else may be better. Fear of the unknown I guess, and not wanting to learn a new system while I'm busy working. I just think there could be some improvements made since the last major interface update. It was like a whole OS upgrade and then no new updates for the past few years -- other than pricing tier changes. There is no sense that FreshBooks is looking to improve and listen to their customers about what features they need or would like to see. Just my opinion and view. I could be very wrong. Thanks.

Pros

Over the years, FreshBooks has made efforts to improve its service and update the levels of programs. The latest change they made to the interface has improved some things but other parts have been left behind and I've personally not seen any updates or changes in the past few years. What I like MOST is what they started with years ago -- the ability to remind clients at the 30, 60, 90 day marks to pay their bills. However, the interface to set that feature up changed a few years ago with their major update and it's not as intuitive now.

Cons

I do NOT like the timer starting off before you even choose what project you are working on. This is a SIMPLE FIX. I asked about it years ago and was told that -- yah, basically you launch the timer and then click the pause button while you work out what project you are on -- then start the timer again. Not a good design.

I do NOT like setting up a new project and having a ton of task all added to this new project that I have to deselect -- about 20 or so that I have to remove each time -- and then add in the correct task for that project.

I do NOT like having to deal with setting default payment settings and reminders for each client I set-up. Can't that just be a universal default setting to turn on?

I do NOT like having service tiers change and being told the level I was previously on is changing and this new level will cost more -- and that's what I have to accept now. I'm a independent contractor and I have few clients -- I don't need the next level. But ... whatever.

Subhojit S.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Fresh Book Cloud Computing

Reviewed on 2020-08-08

Fresh Book is easy to use accounting software. It has smart features that take charge of all the accounting applications. It is comparatively cheaper to other software. The small entrepreneurs gets immense satisfaction from the use of FreshBooks despite few constraints.

Pros

It is one of the most popular world wide cloud computing application. It is helpful to small categories of entreprenuers. It has smart features of Accounting having comprehensive applications of Invoices, Expenses, Time Tracking, Mobile, Projects, Estimates, Payments and Reports. It set the business in Autopilot. It keep the client focussed and first by producing correct billing within the timeline.It gives stable cash flow along with the upcoming workload and income Any changes in the project is highlighted which may cause any impact on the business along with the new budget. Generate regular summary reports to keep the client first and updated. It is the one easy tool that keep tracks to invoices and expenses and reports without any fail.

Cons

The biggest drawbacks of Fresh Books are the term section of the invoice. It is not user-based. Any change in the terms of a particular invoice leads to change all the future invoices. The term amendment is client-based. Manual operation is always needed to keep the term of the invoice on track.
When the number of clients increases, the user look for more add-in option which becomes costlier.
The mobile App needs more updating as some of the features do not work well.
The reporting of data is not adequate as it does not have hyperlinks.
The application needs more options for the late fees which are not adequate.
Need addition of projects to make it smoother for the clients.

Melissa B.

• Customer Support Software

Super easy to use; I would love a few additions

Reviewed on 2018-12-19

Compared with the prior bookkeeping system I used, I've saved a lot of time with FreshBooks, in training (as noted above) and in actual entries. I can generate CSV/Excel sheets that allow me to do some customized reporting. My clients like the easy online payment process for credit card.

Pros

A professional colleagues introduced me to FreshBooks about 4 years ago. Since then I've had four different part-time assistants (they leave for full-time work!) and each has mastered FBs in a few days, not weeks as was the case with a competing product that I used previously. It is very comprehensive and also customizable for tasks, clients, projects, and expense categories. It interfaces cleanly with a payment system, so that my clients who prefer to pay by credit card can do so with no hassles. I also like the APIs that pull expense info from my bank account transactions and business credit card charges.

Cons

I am based in the US, so there are a few things I would like to help complete our tax returns more easily: 1) a way to track the actual miles driven on the expense side. I do it now in a note but it is cumbersome. 2) a way to track expenses associated with a project but not billable to that project. I do it now by setting up two project titles, but I can only link those manually (actually, offline completely). An example would be some of my assistant's time that I can't bill the client for but that I would like to track so I can better estimate future project expenses, because it fits into "cost of goods sold" (when the "good" is our service).

Hana P.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Freshbooks is Worth the Money Spent, Could Use Some Improvements

Reviewed on 2020-09-17

Overall, I am satisfied with Freshbooks. It is helpful to have contractors track their time in an efficient way, as well as invoice and bill clients. There are also 3rd party platforms that integrate with Freshbooks to make workflows easier (Basecamp, Mailform, Hubspot).

Pros

Invoicing and billing is easy with Freshbooks. I like the recurring billing feature, automatic payments for clients, and the ability to track time against projects.

Cons

I have been using this platform for a long time and like it better than others, like Harvest. However, I dislike the following:
-That when a project is archived by an administrator, contractors assigned to the projects can still access it and track time on it. Since the project does not come up on the administrator's end, this can go on for months without the administrator realizing. This causes inaccurate time tracking and has led us to go over hours on several projects
-There is not a more simple way to merge contacts. Sometimes duplicates happen when Freshbooks integrates with another platform, like Hubspot. Also, sometimes more than one contact is saved for the same company. There is not a simple way to merge them without entering and deleting manually.
-For recurring invoices, you have to select how many invoices are "remaining," which gets confusing. If you want to send 5 monthly invoices, does the first invoice count as a "remaining" invoice or should you select that you are sending 4 "remaining" invoices? There should be a way to just choose an end date

Yogendra kumar S.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Freshbook is a world best finacial and accounting software with highest customer satisfaction.

Reviewed on 2017-11-08

The most important thing with this software is time saving.I love everything about FreshBooks. It is an excellent app for freelancers and small companies. I have been using it for the past few years and rate it the best software in the market. Whenever I had issues, the support team helped me to resolve them quickly with effective solutions.

Many reason to love Freshbooks software- COST EFFICENCY, EASE OF USE, CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Pros

Freshbook is fast and reliable suite for accounting.It's award wining software at many accasion.FreshBooks is an award-winning finance & accounting software and one of the best cloud solutions for small business owners. It is the current holder of FinancesOnline's Best Accounting Software Award for 2016 as well as the Supreme Software Award for 2016, and has the highest customer satisfaction rates of all similar apps in this category. As you will find out in this review, there is a long list of reasons why our experts considered FreshBooks for these prestigious acknowledgments.

We can enables all these products Google Checkout, PayPal, and credit card payments in Freshbooks and integrates with a long list of business systems and applications that can streamline this process. With it, odds are good that you will unite financial control in a single system, and stop paying for the maintenance of complex software infrastructure.

Freshbooks have these functions Excellent invoice to payment features, Saves billing time like no other app, Mobile-friendly and accessible, Tracking expenses with handy snaps.

Cons

Most of things are too good but some drawbacks like not store credit card infomation. Customer interface is excellent and ability to not store credit card information locally is key to PCI compliance. We love the recurring profile concept for recurring billing and find the web portal very intuitive. We also appreciate the branding we can do for our clients so they feel this billing platform is an extension of our service and that they are in the right place. This also gives our customers the peace of mind of knowing their transactions and billing information is secure.

Gina S.

• Customer Support Software

Perfect for all of your accounting

Reviewed on 2019-09-20

Definitely fantastic for time tracking and billing your customers. Nice invoices and easy for the client to pay on the other end. Overall I have stuck with it for a good long time and I like it enough that I haven't even looked to change it.

Pros

I have had this software since it was a free program. I use it for time tracking and invoicing my real estate clients. It works seamlessly with Stripe which moves my credit card payments to my bank for a small fee. The cost is very reasonable and if I had a staff of any kind I could give them some access to be able to bill for their hours etc. I now use the extension on chrome to login and track my hours which is incredibly handy and I dont have to have a window open just for that, it works in the background of all the open tabs. Overall I very much like it.

Cons

As I mentioned I have had the program since it started as a free account and I now pay for the lowest paid account as it is just me. I would love to be able to have some of the other accounting features and add my other business to it but that costs more. My biggest wish would be that they might include a few of them into the cheaper account as I am sure most people need the ones like account balancing etc. Also, it would be helpful if you did not also have to pay for another system like Stripe to get the money from your account to your bank.

Kaylene W.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

FreshBooks is a true blessing.

Reviewed on 2016-01-14

I work in a college and print/design for faculty/staff and students. Because of the high volume of jobs it was easy to miss paperwork when jobs were being given to me by email, phone, and walk-ins. Also, my office was not able to accept cash which was difficult for students. Several years ago I started using Wufoo for creating job request forms. It was working well with PayPal integration, but invoices would go out immediately so if they were entered incorrectly or the job changed, it caused confusion when alterations had to be made. FreshBooks was the integration that enabled me to have invoices only go out when the job was fully completed. It also helped me to keep track of what invoices were getting paid and which ones weren't. I love the reports that totally help me at the end of the fiscal year.

Pros

Ability to see all the jobs for each client.
Ability to add contacts to the clients - in my case, to add secretaries names to the faculty accounts.
Ability to have my student workers be able to assist with the outgoing invoices to ease up my time for other matters.
Can add expenses to see exactly what's coming in and going out.
Automatic 30, 60, and 90 day overdue notices.
Integration with PayPal so invoices can be paid that way if preferred.
Would love to use the ability where FreshBooks can keep track of your inventory, but since some of my jobs are paid ahead of time through Wufoo and never have to get transferred over to FreshBooks, it wouldn't be accurate.

Cons

Clients names are always listed by the business name - in my case, by departments or offices. I would prefer that I actually see the person's name. I wish it would give the option of which you'd like to see.
Only certain information is sent from the Wufoo form to FreshBooks - I would've liked even just one more box of information to move from one to the other. I couldn't get a clear answer on which one (Wufoo or FreshBooks) was the one that created that code. There is nothing from Wufoo (like an invoice #) that shows up on the FreshBooks invoice to connect the two.

Sandile N.

Fresh of the FreshBooks!

Reviewed on 2020-10-26

Awesome for independent companies and consultants. At the point when your business needs increasingly more customization and mass bookkeeping, I figure FreshBooks probably won't be a solid match yet at the same time sensible. It is additionally an extraordinary device for overseeing costs, particularly for organizations with various groups chipping away at different tasks, guaranteeing these groups don't surpass the spending roof.

Pros

-Offers a few highlights, for example, online installment entryway and cloud-based invoicing.
-It has hearty detailing functionalities that empower clients to settle on educated choices.
-Permits clients to move their timesheet information to receipt and get installments rapidly.
-Gives easy to use, excellent solicitations
-Inherent highlights like receipt updates, repeating solicitations, stores, and programmed late expenses applied
-Various installment alternatives — including Stripe (which is an unquestionable requirement have for my industry)

Cons

-Has a greater number of highlights than what I need, yet I simply don't stress over it.
-I didn't care for the new form. When I overhauled, I returned to the exemplary version...it was simpler and had a couple of highlights I didn't care for.
-Might want to have the option to send out clients out of FreshBooks. I don't figure you can do that at this moment.
-There are two variant of FreshBooks. The fresher ones do a few things well that the exemplary rendition doesn't, for instance, permit singular installment terms instead of worldwide installment terms. In any case, the fresher rendition doesn't do all that the exemplary variant does.

Sinoun C.

• Customer Support Software

Great tool - a bit expensive

Reviewed on 2018-12-18

Pros

FreshBooks is a great solution for small businesses like me. It allows you to professionally accept credit cards and you get the payments ASAP. It also tracks clients, invoices, hours, etc. in a very convenient way. For a long time, FreshBooks was pretty dated with their interface, but they recently just came out with a new interface that is much better - but it's very different so it's still taking me some time to get used to. FreshBooks is probably one of the better solutions out there available - but I'm not 100% sure because I've used this for so long that I haven't tried anything else. I guess if I've stuck with it that long then it must be good for me! :)

Also, customer service is one of the best. Every time I email support, I get very quick and professional responses. I appreciate that!

Cons

Unfortunately, I'm kind of stuck with it because I've used it for so long that it would be very difficult to get out. Why would I want to get out? The only reason is because of the pricing. It's a bit expensive. The pricing have gone up since I've used it many years ago. They don't grandfather you in like a lot of other solutions if they make changes and it makes me a bit frustrated.

Luis fernando M.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

A good application, however, has a series of functional limits that affect me as a user.

Reviewed on 2018-07-31

I obtained a good management of my personal accounting in terms of billing and collection of my professional services, in the same way, I learned to manage my income very well in the best way.

Pros

Not everything in an application that facilitates the processes of accounting is bad, that's why FreshBooks presents many positive functions, in my individual perception this software I like because it is clearly a solution for billing and accounting of companies
and freelancers and entrepreneurs of small businesses based on a model of Web Hosting (cloud), as well as offering a free version that helps in some way to save those people who are starting and working only for a single client as they grow, Clear in particular, my person helped me to favor some calculations while I was trying to start an accounting business but by my own decision I decided to abandon it for dedicating myself to my telecommunications engineering responsibilities. A part of it is very easy to use and at a certain point if you have any inconvenience customer service apart from being free helps you without any inconvenience only works as well as any service desk. Finally, I really like its interface and its multi-currency transactions.

Cons

The application has many positive things but what I like the least is that the limits to the number of clients that can be invoiced with the free version generate problems in terms of the personal growth processes of my personal businesses and lack many functions of Accounting, such as inventory management and payroll, which are essential for companies with multiple employees so I can not recommend it, These are often offered in competing packages

Prerit S.

Fresh books

Reviewed on 2020-08-20

For me Fresh books is must .it helps me to be without any stress regarding the accounting of my business & I am using it for 4 years it is very straight and easy to use. It doest requires you to be very skillfully to get master in it

Pros

As in the current market Fresh books offers less expensive service then its most of the competitors in the market.other cloud based accounting software are expensive in comparison of Fresh books.Fresh books is very essay to use by small and medium business.

Cons

Fresh books doesnot allow us to access reports in its mobile application. it is not build for complex business and as it is less expensive it's lacks in the features which are offered by its competitors in market.

Heather marie S.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

Sometimes I log in on my day off just to look at it.

Reviewed on 2018-12-18

I was using Excel to track expenses and create invoices. I have to track down receipts and call on clients who were late to pay. It was up to me to remember to invoice clients each month. It was pretty overwhelming for me. Freshbooks basically made me a more efficient person by sending invoices automatically, importing expenses and chasing down clients who are late to pay.

Pros

Not only is the design pleasing, but it's super easy to use and integrate with just about any other platform you use. My favorite features are the automations. I have the ability to integrate this with my email list so that new clients added to my email list automatically. I also love how easy the reports are to use. Creating recurring invoices it's the bomb and I love that some of my clients have saved they're credit cards and their invoices get paid automatically!! I spend less time entering payments and managing expenses and more time doing the stuff I want to do.

Cons

I would like a simpler way to manage tasks. This feature still feels clunky to me. It's also like to back to search within deleted clients and projects. Overall I'm just being picky because I can't think of anything else I need this to do.

Jennifer S.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Changed my life

Reviewed on 2020-10-12

Overall, it's changed my life. As a sole proprietor, I don't have time to do lots of accounting, and FreshBooks really does it all for me. I absolutely love this software and find the price to be entirely reasonable given all the things it does for me.

Pros

It manages my projects, automatically generates invoices, keeps my time management on track, and imports expenses from my business credit card, automatically categorizing them for tax purposes.

Cons

I can't access project pages from the mobile app; the time tracker used to have a pause feature and now it doesn't; when I end the time tracker I have to click on it again to type in the work I did, unlike before when it had the pause feature; and I can't attach a document (such as a vendor contract) to an invoice when I send it through the FreshBooks system.

• Used Other for 2+ years

Freshbooks Review by Non Profit Food Distribution Organization

Reviewed on 2019-12-05

We used freshbooks for accounting and for invoicing, for keeping track of our donors and all the donations they gave. We give out food items and donors pay for specific distributions, so sometimes we would send an invoice for the distribution they were sponsoring, asking the donor to submit payment. It was nice that they were able to pay with credit card directly through freshbooks

Pros

It was a great beginners accounting software with an invoicing option that I made good use of. It was pretty intuitive and user friendly.

Cons

The price kept on going up. As a non-profit we wanted more donors obviously but every time we added more contacts we were switching to higher pricing points, and it became too expensive for our organization to stay with the software.

James D.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Excellent program to organize everything in the company

Reviewed on 2020-07-27

The best piece of Freshbooks is the means by which sorted out everything is. I do not forget about receipts. I can decide how my business is getting along, and getting paid is simple. It's extremely incredible programming better than then the one I adventure to use before I strongly prescribe this product to everybody. Working with the Freshbooks programming bundle unquestionably made my life tons simpler and along these lines the experience of the product bundle was astounding.

Pros

I truly like how great it genuine to figure on the product for example basic utilization of the interface. The topic is modestly preferring to the surface since it's a huge environment thereto. What I enjoyed is that the product and along these lines the arrangement were easy to understand. it had been extremely simple to highlight and remove outsider applications since it made my experience superb to utilize this product.

Cons

To be straightforward it's an impeccable application and an extraordinary item. I even have no issue with it at all and that I will unquestionably utilize this product bundle for an all-inclusive time. when I just had two or three customers, it had been excessively moderate, however as my organization developed.

Bree E.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

Perfect for a freelancer or sole-proprietor too!

Reviewed on 2016-11-22

I love how easy the interface is to use both in the browser and on the mobile app. Setting up clients, invoices, terms, payments/expenses and downloading reports is a breeze.
Most importantly, giving your accountant access so that they have everything they need come tax time, is worthy of a cheers.

Pros

I have saved so much time since switching over to Freshbooks both with the ease of use and automation of certain requirements for my business.

Cons

I haven't been able to find a way to denote certain invoices who have deposits paid not to apply the system's late-fee penalty after a certain date, so I have to manually remove that line when it's added to an invoice.

Laura W.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

It helped me transition from Word/ Excel notes made here and there, to a one-stop-for-all...

Reviewed on 2018-03-10

Better time management
More confident in giving time estimates on new proposals
Takes the headache of organizing expenses away
Smooth communication with clients on the delicate topic of money and chasing invoices

Pros

As a freelancer with a small load of projects, I didn't need anything too fancy; it helps me manage efficiently what otherwise kept bugging me; mainly helps with keeping an organised track of expenses/receipts, time management, invoicing
1. Mobility / easy to use on the go: due to this software operating in the cloud, it's easy to use it on the go when I have a free moment here and there - this makes me feel as if I'm gaining time; big bonus for me.
2. Time tracking + calculating pro-rata + automatically adjusting the invoice: what won me over is the thought that as a freelancer it could help me fine-tune my time management by readily tracking the time spent for each client and getting a helicopter view on how I can spend my time better, as well as a better sense of how much time certain projects actually, speeding up my process of generating realistic and more accurate estimates on new proposals.
3. Keeping a neat track of my expenses by taking pictures of receipts and organising them under the appropriate projects. That's one of the parts of bookkeeping I like least as I tend to have receipts in the pockets of each of my coats until the dreaded day of searching for the receipts to book in. Having pictured them and organised them efficiently on the spot, takes a big chunk of stress off.
4. Integrated payment methods within the invoice.
5. Reminders for when invoices are due/have been paid as well as notification for when the clients read the invoices - that's super.

Cons

As a freelancer it suits ad hoc projects with unique entries. However, if I were working on projects with rather similar outputs, I'd be a bit irritated that it doesn't have more intuitive automated fill-in entries.

Chima O.

• Customer Support Software

FreshBooks is functionally flawless, with inspiring support to spare

Reviewed on 2019-01-07

FreshBooks helps me invoice my clients quickly and get paid on time. It is simple to use, with no confusing accounting terminology, and FreshBooks Support is simply extraordinary.

Pros

FreshBooks delivers flawless functionality matched only by customer support that is second to none. I have no interest in book-keeping or accounting and love the simplicity of the invoicing tool with easy online payment options. I’m thrilled that the product has evolved into a full-blown accounting platform over the years; and that’s the icing on the cake.

Just as importantly, a product or service is only as good as the support team behind it. FreshBooks Support is simply out of this world. In the rare event that I need help with a specific feature, my calls are always answered on the first ring by FreshBooks Support Rockstars who really know their stuff. And no matter who takes my call in the more than seven (7) years I've been using FreshBooks, my experience has been consistent — my issue is quickly resolved in no time with encyclopedic precision. That's what I call inspiring support.

Cons

While I am completely satisfied with FreshBooks, the ability to customize my Invoice and/or Estimate template(s) would make it even better.

Samantha D.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

• Customer Support Software

Online Accounting made easy!

Reviewed on 2017-06-16

It makes everything easy to use in one-click. There is a vertical panel to the left of the dashboard displays that is easy to navigate for certain areas of the site such as estimates, clients, expenses, projects, etc. It makes it easier than having to go through menus and find everything like other programs!

Pros

It's like Quickbooks made for online! In my opinion, its similar to paypal (which i also love!). For as little as bucks a month, you can bill up to 5 clients - but since we are a little bit of a larger firm, we opt in for a month plan which lets us bill up to 500 clients!! It makes invoicing easier and is much better to keep track of payments! I also enjoy that once you first open up the program, you get a quick overview of the company's financial status. This is the 1st thing I enjoy seeing when opening up to see how our accounts are looking.

Cons

The only thing I dislike is the 30 day trial. Although we love the program at our office, I feel that 30 days isn't enough to provide a successful understanding of how the program works for other people who are interested.

Mark S.

• Customer Support Software

Freshbooks has simplified my monthly invoicing so much, that I no longer dread the 1st of the...

Reviewed on 2017-12-05

Fast invoicing and "at a glance" dashboard of my monthly sales are the things I like most.

Pros

I love the tracking. I can instantly check to see if clients have viewed their invoice or not.

Also love sending invoices via email.

It is so easy to whip up an invoice and email it to a client in a snap.

My customers can pay their invoice online through their special link or mail me a check.

The home dashboard shows me instantly how much I have invoiced for each month and how much I have and have not collected.

You can set up reoccurring payments for clients and reoccurring invoices which are automatically sent out on the day of the month you specify.

Using Freshbooks also saves me money as I was paying a monthly fee to my bank just to have an active merchant account.

If you are looking for a solution to your monthly invoicing needs, I highly suggest looking at Freshbooks.

Cons

They made a new software interface that I have not adjusted to yet. Other than that, I like everything else.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Essential Tool

Reviewed on 2019-11-18

They have been fantastic! Support almost always answers by the second ring. Been very impressed top to bottom with their product and support.

Pros

Freshbooks has from the very beginning been easy to use, reliable and affordable. When I did the invoicing out of a spreadsheet I had to keep tracking of recurring invoices, and was almost always late. With Freshbooks I was never late sending them again. Time is easy to track, it's easy to organize projects and send estimates and collaborate with others as well. Plus they give good reporting and summaries.

Cons

I would love to see more payment gateway integrations and more third party integrations for tracking time/expenses.

• Industry: Telecommunications

My Payroll, Expenses, and Tax Platform of Choice

Reviewed on 2020-03-21

I like it a lot and I have been very happy with it.

Pros

I am very happy with Freshbooks, it has removed my need for a full-time payroll manager and allows me to run everything straight through my CPA ever quarter.

Cons

Very well thought out platform, I can not think of any cons, other the maybe better training when rolling out new features.

Sofia C.

• Customer Support Software

Charge your customers, keep your expenses up to date, keep your books fresh

Reviewed on 2018-03-28

Have a tool that is responsible for accounting and payments in a precise way, correct and pleasing to customers, because with their bills templates you have personalization, and give the touch to your service.

Pros

Nothing like not having to waste time with the collection to customers, be aware of the expenses when you work on your own and you are starting your small business, there are currently several applications that help you with this, but of which I have tried freshbooks is among of the first three, it has vital tools such as charging your customers, generating invoices, the tool for monitoring expenses is great, helping you to keep up-to-date the payments of services and not exceed your expenses according to your earnings, really a helping hand at the start of your business.

Cons

There are two main disadvantages for me, the first is that you must be connected to the internet whenever you want to use it, I know that this should not be considered a disadvantage today, but there are faults and not being able to enter your accounting for this its delicate, the second is that it does not allow the quarterly calculation of taxes, which forces you to do it yourself and takes a lot of time.