Mailchimp

4.5 (16,896)
Write a Review!
Email and advertising marketing automation platform

(16,896)
Customer Support Software
4.2/5

Evelyn
Evelyn
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

Best option for mailing automatization

Reviewed on 2020-11-08

I started using Mailchimp a few years ago for my wedding photography business, we were two users and found it very easy to work both on the software, plan marketing campaigns, client following mail and newsletters, it let us know if the mails were open with a certain time and if not we were given the option to resend them. Now I'm also using mailchimp for my personal blog and it makes the process very easy as I have my subscribers list already there and I just add up while it grows.

Pros

Mailchimp is very easy to use and has a free option for freelance or people starting their business or community. I tried other mailing software but mailchimp is the one that gives more options on free and starter account. It offers segmentation options, automatization and what I love the most are the templates for any kind of mailing campaign. It helps a lot with newsletter to easily send them, track the reading and opening and growing the subscribers.

Cons

It is easy to use but not so intuitive in the beginning, it takes a little bit of time to understand the interface and how it works. The mobile app do not offer a lot of options, yet is a very nice mailing option.

Zoho Mail and Bitrix24

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Mailchimp is much more friendly and easy tu use.

GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

It has free options for my personal projects, and I find it easy to use specially with the email templates.
Stephanie
Stephanie

• Customer Support Software

My journey with Mailchimp automating email campaigns

Reviewed on 2023-11-27

My overall experience with Mailchimp has been overwhelmingly positive. It has been our go-to solution for email marketing, and its impact on our campaigns has been substantial. The ease of use, coupled with powerful automation features, has not only saved us time but has also allowed us to create more targeted and personalized campaigns.

Pros

Mailchimp's best feature, in my view, is its user-friendly interface coupled with robust automation capabilities. The drag-and-drop email builder simplifies the process of creating visually appealing campaigns, while the automation features empower us to engage with our audience seamlessly.

Cons

Mailchimp is a powerful tool, the pricing structure can become a drawback as the subscriber list grows. The transition between pricing tiers, especially for small to medium-sized businesses, could be more flexible.

Kenyon

• Customer Support Software

Don't Sleep on the Monkey, its Bananas!!!

Reviewed on 2019-11-25

We are able to reach more customers with less legwork

We were also able to change how people view...

We are able to reach more customers with less legwork

We were also able to change how people view our company as a whole. Mail chimp makes our 5 to 10 person group seem like and Army.

Pros

Mail Chimp is very flexible and gives you a wide variety of easily customizable options. I use it for everything from Turkey Drives and fundraiser registrations to Album release contests. I hired 2 new people that have almost no graphic design experience and they were both able to learn the platform in a short time and implement what they knew in a real-world environment. Furthermore. The templates aren't cookie-cutter and are easily customizable. They update someone signs up for your product or offer. Its a low key way to get alot more customers and sell alot more products without texting 100 people1 at a time. in the end its definitely worth trying out

Cons

I wish Mail chimp had a desktop app that was downloadable and cloud-connected. I also wish that you could integrate it with other software like Google Drive or other Cloud-based services.

Jami
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Good for minimal use

Reviewed on 2024-03-27

I needed a simple CRM and this fills the very bare minimum.

I needed a simple CRM and this fills the very bare minimum.

Pros

It is very easy to use for email marketing (natch) and contact management. We don't need very robust features in our CRM anymore, and this basically fits the bill. As an email platform it's great, especially if you don't want any customization or have special needs.

Cons

There are several places on the website that are very misleading about the feature set. In fact, there have been three different articles I've called support to implement, and none of them are available. Also, it's a subsidiary of Intuit, so you would think it would be a nice integration with Quickbooks Online. It really offers nothing in the way of a helpful integration, and it doesn't offer any way to collect payments or keep track of customers buying patterns.

Scott
Scott

Mailchimp Review 1 Year of Use

Reviewed on 2023-09-12

My overall experience with it was quite good i would rate it a 8/10 and many things can be added

Pros

The CRM, Data Analytics and how you can Store all your Data in one place and access it whenever needed, Run Multiple Campaigns

Cons

I love Mailchimp but the one thing I would like to change is sometimes the server goes down and somethings dont lead up if you can fix that then its one of the best softwares out there

Pam
Pam
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

• Customer Support Software

MailChimp is a great product!

Reviewed on 2024-01-14

My overall experience with this software has been very good and am pleased with its intuitive nature.

Pros

MailChimp is very intuitive and easy to use. Create your design/campaign piece, and then move to the campaign scheduler for the next steps. It's easy to use and once you have the hang of uploading images, you can do a lot within the design piece. Additionally, using templates is a great option to ensure that your branding is set for all users.

Cons

I think the cleaning of the database prior to dissemination can be a problem if the agency has been a long-time user because people's tastes change over time. Just because someone has unsubscribed, doesn't mean that they want to be unsubscribed from all emails. Because our agency has just gone back to MailChimp in full force, the historical "cleaned emails" remain in our history and our team is working to refine the unsubscribe piece so that customers have more options and so that formerly unsubscribed folks have a chance to either fully unsubscribe again or edit their options to that they may receive event invites but not funding requests, as an example.

Paul
Paul
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Hits All The Chords

Reviewed on 2023-09-13

I have enjoyed using MailChimp as it is universal to all the email providers and has minimal friction when it comes to changing things.

Pros

Mailchimp allows a novice or professional to handle all of their Newsletter needs. It is easy, simple and does not require a PhD!

Cons

I feel that more contacts should be allowed at the free level.

Sender

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

The easier ability to incorporate my WordPress posts into the newsletter.
Giacomo
Giacomo
  • Industry: Online Media

• Customer Support Software

The best product for email marketing

Reviewed on 2023-09-13

Pros

Mailchimp offers all the main tools to manage marketing campaigns, design emails and manage contacts in a dynamic and flexible way

Cons

The cost model is inflexible and you risk spending too much for a single campaign with many users

MailUp

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Many more tools available and better documentation
Annasia
Annasia
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Best E-mail Marketing Solution for Startups

Reviewed on 2023-09-16

Overall, I suggest starting MailChimp after doing a bit a strategic planning and scoping for your business. This combined with marketing strategy research will assist in optimizing this application.

Pros

Mailchimp is an easy alternative to the legwork of email marketing and lead generation. Within a few taps, I can upload contacts right from my contact list and schedule hot leads for a specific customer journey!

Cons

I am hoping to see more aesthetically pleasing landing page designs, as well as more app functionalities.

Tyrus
Tyrus
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

• Customer Support Software

A good solution for email marketing

Reviewed on 2023-11-26

Pros

I like the strictness is safeguarding user data. I am yet to hear a data leak from Mailchimp. This alone makes me feel safe and secure.

Cons

I find that their compliance requirement can be a little bit too strict sometimes. But I guess, that's a me problem. I shall adjust. Maybe.

Lisandro
Lisandro

• Customer Support Software

Mailchimp is behind the competition

Reviewed on 2019-10-27

MailChimp came as a free alternative to our email list when things got ugly in our business. We could say it saved our subscribers list (and business). Even though things have got better, we still use it for certain campaigns where MailChimp shines. Being it a free alternative, we cannot complain. But we wished it was easier to use and had more features (if so, we would easily go for the paid plan).

Pros

I liked the templates a lot. They are beautiful and well done. Very useful if you are into template use. Also, the free plan saved our business when we were out of money. It got all the basics for a business just getting started. Finally, the brand is beautiful. The UI is beautiful.

Cons

It's frustrating to use. The user experience is, I would say, quirky. It's really hard to find an option/feature. A lot of them are hidden in places that don't make sense. For example, I was looking for the landing page editor, I could find the landing page REPORTS under REPORTS but no editor at all. I gave up. The metrics it tracks are very limited compared to the competition that delivers way more useful and detailed metrics overall. Also, it lacks some of the most useful features like a robust tag system and marketing automation.

SendPulse

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

ConvertKit ended up being too expensive for us. So, we couldn't afford it anymore when our business revenue decreased. MailChimp's free plan has everything we needed to restart and be back to life from the ashes. It's a great alternative to any business just getting started!

ConvertKit

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

We got SendPulse "for free" in an AppSumo promotion. But SendPulse was even harder to set up and understand than MailChimp for us. MailChimp was easier and had way more features.
Jeremiah
Jeremiah
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

My Go-to for email marketing

Reviewed on 2020-01-24

Mailchimp has been my go-to for 5+ years and I see no reason to change that now. It's simple, easy-to-use, and affordable.

I also care about who I work with. From what I can see as an outsider looking in, they have a great company culture. I once found a mistake in their API documentation and they sent me a free t-shirt! Most companies aren't willing to spend money just to say thanks, and I think that says something about the culture and character of the company.

Pros

Easy to setup: I've used Mailchimp in the launch of dozens of brands and digital products. Mailchimp is so easy to setup; I can literally have an account up and running, collecting email addresses within 20 minutes.

Great free option: One of my favorite things about Mailchimp is the fact that you get up to 2,000 contacts for free. Having that as an option (particularly for new businesses) is absolutely critical in making sure you can measure ROI from the platform before you start investing a lot of money.

Easy to use: Mailchimp's forms, email templates, list management, etc. is all so simple. In the rare case you can't do something you want via the Mailchimp admin, it can probably be done via the API. Mailchimp has also done an exceptional job of integrating with 3rd party platforms to make sure you can easily maximize your email collection.

More than just email marketing: In the last few years Mailchimp has started offering additional features outside of email campaigns, like Facebook ads and card mailing services. I personally don't think they're as good as Mailchimp's email service, but I am sure they'll improve over time.

Cons

In the last couple of years Mailchimp has made some changes to their pricing structure that I don't particularly love:

1) Pay as you go features have become more limited compared to their monthly plans.
2) Monthly rates have increased (although that's bound to happen at some point).
3) They now include some social platform contacts in your allotted contacts (i.e. you pay for them like they're email contacts).

As well, Mailchimp automatically increases your bill when you cross over your plan subscriber threshold. I'm not a huge fan of that, but I suppose I prefer it to them just disabling collection of new contacts.

Constant Contact, WordPress and AWeber

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Ultimately it was the free plan that made me choose Mailchimp. None of the other platforms gave me lifetime free usage for a smaller number of subscribers.
Ian
Ian

• Customer Support Software

Good, but could be great.

Reviewed on 2020-03-17

Overall this is a good beginner Email Marketing Platform.

Overall this is a good beginner Email Marketing Platform.

Pros

What I like most about Mailchimp are its easy-to-use features. Mailchimp is a little more expensive than other Email Marketing Platforms (they charge based on the size of your list) so that's something to consider. The automation and segmentation features are rather basic, so if you plan to implement a more robust automated campaign or you're looking for ways to incorporate other marketing channels like social media or PPC than Mailchimp falls short.

Cons

Mailchimp offers pretty limited and basic training or tutorial videos. What they do offer isn't really much help to Digital Marketing professionals. Additionally, Mailchimp's support is HORRIBLE!

Constant Contact, ActiveCampaign and Klaviyo

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Klaviyo offers significantly more features, options, and automation.

Klaviyo

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Price and easy-to-use. We have since grown out of Mailchimp.

• Customer Support Software

It's ubiquitous because it's pretty good at sending emails

Reviewed on 2020-07-15

I like Mailchimp's corporate social responsibility, I've had a good experience the one time I called their customer service, and it's pretty bug-free for the most part. I don't think it is the future of communication, so I'll be curious to see how the product evolves, but we're sticking to it for now at my work.

Pros

I appreciate that Mailchimp has the functionality to build an email based on templates, or based on HTML. I find it easy to import email addresses as needed, I think there's a healthy emphasis on preventing spam, and I like the tagging and group features. I also like the demographics that it displays, the emphasis on A/B testing, and the predictions about the best time at which to send the email. I have very rarely made mistakes in my sends, and that I can attribute to the great testing features.

Cons

I wish it weren't so challenging to navigate between sections for multivariate emails and the old version of the website. I have run into issues setting up automated series such as for a welcome series of emails. I wish it were easier to export the data I myself put into Mailchimp without having administrator status. Finally, I dislike being warned about the possible cost of importing new data every time I do so, as that's not my responsibility to worry about in my role. Instead, I want to be celebrating our list growth!

Jonathan

• Customer Support Software

Robust feature set, but overly expensive for startups and developers

Reviewed on 2020-08-24

Overall, Mailchimp is still one of the best mailing list providers out there. Its broad feature set and ease of use are an amazing help to a new company just getting started. If you're not looking for custom integration or transactional emails, this product is one of the best.

Pros

This is probably the easiest mailing list platform out there. It takes minutes to set up your account and get started sending emails to a list. For developers, the Mailchimp API is a dream. It's incredibly well documented and there are dozens of integrations already built in almost every platform and language to make integration into your software even easier. Contact management is simple with access to things like custom fields in a user's profile. Groups and segments are also easy to manage, though it can be confusing at first since there are multiple ways to segment an audience. There's also an option to do transactional emails through mandrill...but this actually turns out to be an issue when you look at the cost.

Cons

The cost of the product is its main issue. For starters, Mailchimp recently changed its cost structure to include unsubscribed customers as part of the total customers you pay for. That means for a small company with a low customer adoption rate, you either end up spending way more than you want for a small list, or you have to spend way too much time pruning your list constantly to save money. It's a huge waste of time and/or money. The second main issue, and actually the larger issue to me as a developer, is the cost of sending transactional emails. If you want to send your customers a password reset email or a account verification email (both very common in almost all applications) you have to have a paid account AND you have to pay for a chunk of transactional emails. It ends up costing a small company over $30/mth just to send password reset emails through Mailchimp. The cost makes more sense at scale, but this software seems built to get the small guys started. It's really a deal breaker for me.

Campaign Monitor by Marigold and Brevo

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Ease of use and a great developer API are the primary reasons I choose this product.
Jeff
Jeff
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

• Customer Support Software

A great platform that keeps growing to suit our needs

Reviewed on 2020-10-16

It simplifies what could be a complicated aspect of business - email marketing & drip campaigns. Highly recommend this software to anybody who wants a flexible, easy, and robust solution but does not want to have email marketing tied to a specific umbrella-style CRM! We have a separate CRM Mailchimp, as you can probably tell.

Pros

The ease of use and deliverability of our email newsletters was why we chose Mailchimp many years ago as our go-to email newsletter and ongoing engagement platform.

The new functionalities added over the years such as agency delegation from client accounts, better segmenting targets within a list, ability to re-hit those who didn't open a campaign, the better-flowing automations (drip campaigns) are great - it's all easy to use & understand and are great improvements we utilize more and more every year.

Cons

Implementing a custom template and the HTML code was painful - but then, that's the case with any email template design with custom code so I cannot even fault Mailchimp for it. Perhaps they could have had more dynamic layouts for desktop & mobile friendly newsletters right off the bat. The early templates were quite hideous and we'd buy theme from Themeforest, brand/re-skin and upload the assets.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Self-hosted solutions are just awful - too much security & maintenance, server tweaks etc. - always use a subscription and pay the monthly fees to best leverage the know-how of those who do it full time. As soon as SaaS solutions became available (Mailchimp, Constant Contact) we sought new options and tried Mailchimp, and was very happy.

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Ease of interface - much simpler and minimalist interface that non-coding staff on my team can use easily.
Melissa

Great for Beginners

Reviewed on 2021-01-30

Overall we have had a great experience with Mailchimp. We plan to grow and implement and use more of the features as we learn how to use them and as our organization grows. I regularly recommend mailchimp to others.

Pros

We started using Mailchimp for our non profit so we could move from text only emails to pretty designed emails. I love the Mailchimp email templates and we were able to personalize it to reflect the branding of our organization. To be honest we only use a small part of what Mailchimp is actually capable of. Every few months as we have time to investigate we test out new features. Many areas that scared us at first (A/B testing, segmentation, etc.) were actually very easy to implement and the basic instructions provided by Mailchimp were all I needed. If I wanted more information, I found that the internet was full of great video tutorials as well.

Cons

I don't love the reporting....but I have't taken time to see if there are better ways to customize our reporting either. So that might be user problems. I also wish it was easier to adjust the template areas from 1 to 2 or 3 columns without needing to create a whole new template.

Squarespace and Emma by Marigold

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

We wanted to be able to design our emails to be more visually appealing.

Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

In the end we chose Mailchimp because everyone we know is using it.
Pedro
Pedro

• Customer Support Software

Automation of emails necessary for companies and for those who are starting to market

Reviewed on 2021-08-06

Overall experience with the tool is very good, it was helpful in all aspects I needed.

Of course,...

Of course, a free plan always has limitations, but the paid plan also presented some points that in my work model were essential.

But it is still an extraordinary and well-recognized tool.

I know a lot of people who use it and don't give up.

I still recommend it to many entrepreneurs who are starting out in online sales.

Mailchimp is worth it. If you need, make a quote and call the service and you will be very well attended.

Pros

MailChimp appeared to me by chance,

And I chose to use it for my work.

A great option for those just starting out or for small, medium or large companies that need to automate contact with their customers.

Pluses: It's totally intuitive and has a top-notch layout.

It caught my attention when I created some Landing Pages and came across several models. Totally free.

Totally accurate and timely email sequence.

Another positive point is the number of users that we can store in the free plan, up to 2ooo contacts, this for those starting out is even too much.

The tools are multi-channel, essential for any service.

In other words, a complete and articulated tool to meet any and all online ventures, whether affiliated companies or e-commerce.

Whether consulting a plan or making a budget, support and service are accurate and attentive.

intuitive tool;

excellent usability;

great cost / benefit;

very good delivery rate;

lots of free features (A/B testing, email automation and integrations)

good educational content.

Cons

It really is great marketing software though, even
there is automation,

The features are basic;

tool all in English and
it is not possible to create landing pages optimized for a higher return.

You don't have the ability to manage a sales funnel, just trigger a broadcast if you need to send an offer.

However, it is still useful for any service or company.

Brittany
  • Industry: Online Media

A Great EMS To Streamline A Complex Content Marketing Funnel/Lifecycle

Reviewed on 2022-08-06

Pros

What I like most about Mailchimp is its ability to use in scale for businesses/missions of all sizes. I have worked on it for my own personal brand and upwards of deploying at 118 locations while also utilizing internally as a head of a marketing and creative design team. It integrates pretty easily with sooooo many other apps, which makes it a yes for me in a world where you need to build socials and your customer contact database simultaneously to getting the word out about whatever marketing need you send via email.

Cons

Sometimes the automation features can flub... as in an older version of a saved draft may send (rare occasion, sometimes user error but sometimes not) or specifically timed out emails for a time zone may send earlier/later than desired.

ActiveCampaign and Drip

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

We wanted a less cumbersome, user friendly option that had a good reputation and didn't skimp on the features.
Mashudu Hilary

• Customer Support Software

Excellent Email marketing tool which gets a bit complicated at times.

Reviewed on 2022-08-27

Mailchimp has been a great boost for my small business. It has really great features which makes it really easy to stay in touch with clients while marketing brands, conducting research or sending an occasional newsletter. It is however quite difficult to navigate sometimes and can be a challenge for some users.

Pros

I started using MailChimp a while ago and I love all the ways it helps my small business. Firstly, I love how it is a nifty tool for keeping an eye on clients and effectively engaging with them. I like how it can be easily consolidated with many other software and the variety of languages it comes in. I think it's really nice and convinient that the software can be easily deployed from different types of gadgets and operating systems. I very much appreciate the auto responder option because it cuts out the manual labour that I would otherwise go through if I had to spend hours sending emails one by one. The survey builder is really great, market research can be done effortlessly so that new business strategies can be adopted after analyzing responses. I love the creative assistant feature because it makes some work easier and leads to better marketing which in turn grows sales. Lastly, as a small business owner, I found the pricing plans to be appealing and I was able to choose one which suits the needs of my business.

Cons

Mailchimp can get very complicated, I found the user interface to be really tricky for an ordinary user such as myself. Its easy to get lost in the confusing, esoteric jargon and customer service in my expirience isn't always quick to respond when you need their help. In as much as the automation feature is great, the way in which it is setup is very tricky. Lastly, the data management and manipulation features are a bit too limited.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

It had the features which I needed for a particular task.
Shayne
Shayne

• Customer Support Software

Expensive but Effective! The first Newsletter tool that comes to mind.

Reviewed on 2019-02-18

MailChimp is quite a popular tool that is frequently used by budding enterprises because of it's generous Freemium model. I started using MailChimp around 3 years ago and I've never been happier. This tool helped me understand where I went wrong with my campaigns, improve them and made me save a LOT of money by deciding not to hire a separate design team. After using it for a few months, I realized that switching to one of MailChimp's paid models would benefit me way more.

Pros

1) Template Compatibility: The templates that you choose in MailChimp are optimized to fit on all screen sizes. Whether the recipient has a smartphone, a desktop, a laptop or even a tablet, your content will be delivered to him/her the way you want it to be.
2) Scope for better future campaigns: What I mean by this is - MailChimp gives you an edge or an insight into how your campaigns are doing. Based on the statistic report, you can refine and optimize your campaigns and make them more effective.
3) Engendering Interaction: Creating a Survey or a User Form has never been easier.
4) No HTML knowledge required: As I mentioned earlier, MailChimp has a myriad of optimized templates to choose from which helps you become much more creative with your campaigns. There is no need for a separate Design Team unless you don't already like the templates that are available.

Cons

1) User Interface: MailChimp does have a user-friendly interface(s). However, the problem is that they change the User Interface every time they roll in a new update. Yes, this will be easy to master in a short while, but that still requires a NewsLetter team to get accustomed to the new interface. This wastes a lot of time.
2) Zero Tolerance to Affiliate Marketers: If you're an affiliate marketer and you've just stumbled upon MailChimp, turn the other way. I'm not sure what the penalties are but I know they're quite severe.
3) Expensive: Though the Freemium version of MailChimp is rather generous, the paid subscriptions can surely burn a hole in your pocket when you find yourself wanting to send more emails and build your subscription list.

Munema

• Customer Support Software

A very good platform to get started with email marketing

Reviewed on 2021-09-07

Pros

I think that if you are new to email marketing and are not sure which platform to start with, you should look into Mailchimp.

First of all, it is free to use until 2,000 contacts (true, you won't have access to all the features but still). This means that you don't need to try it for a few days and see but you can actually use it for a longer period of time so that you have solid data to see whether what you are doing email marketing-wise is working or not.

If you are new to this world, you will be happy to hear that each plan of Mailchimp comes with an email builder, as well as templates for both forms and landing pages – this is one of my favorite features because not only it saves you time but it gives you access to some "battle-tested" templates that work.

The mobile app is good for keep track of things while you are on the go, while the subject line helper and 1-step automations will help you ensure that your emails get open and read.

Cons

The main issue I have with Mailchimp is the fact that, depending on what you are planning on doing from an email marketing standpoint, you are probably going to end up outgrowing the platform.

This may not sound like a big thing when you are just getting started but it could become an issue if you have to look for a different platform and migrate thousands of people, as well as landing pages, forms and email content, to it.

Biswajit
Biswajit
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

"Mailchimp: A Comprehensive Email Marketing Tool for Businesses of All Sizes"

Reviewed on 2023-03-23

Pros

Users may develop, send, and track marketing emails, newsletters, and campaigns using the well-known email marketing platform Mailchimp. Its user-friendly interface makes creating and sending email campaigns simple for even non-technical users. Here are some features of Mailchimp that consumers particularly enjoy:Simple to use UI: Users can effortlessly develop email campaigns with Mailchimp's drag-and-drop tools and user-friendly, intuitive interface.Templates that can be customised: Users can choose from a variety of configurable templates provided by Mailchimp to build their email campaigns. These templates are simple to alter so that they correspond with the user's branding and messaging.Automation: With Mailchimp's automation tools, users may create automated email campaigns depending on events like the addition of a new member to a mailing list or the completion of a purchase.Analytics: Mailchimp offers in-depth analytics so users may monitor the effectiveness of their email campaigns. Data on open rates, click-through rates, and other statistics are included.

Cons

Despite being a well-liked email marketing software, Mailchimp might use some work. The following are some aspects of Mailchimp that people have complained about:Pricing: Those who need sophisticated capabilities like automation or those who have larger mailing lists may find Mailchimp's pricing to be prohibitively expensive.Restricted Automation: Users have noted that while Mailchimp does include automation options, they are fairly constrained when compared to competing email marketing solutions. The automation procedures may be more versatile and adaptable, according to some users.Restricted email design possibilities: Although offering a large selection of editable templates, some customers believe that Mailchimp should provide greater freedom and design options when it comes to producing and modifying emails.Customer support: Some customers of Mailchimp have complained about poor response times or unhelpful support workers.

Angelica
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Drive Customer Engagement and Growth with Mailchimp's Integrated Marketing Tools

Reviewed on 2023-06-12

I had the chance to use Mailchimp for email correspondence with business people and research participants during my internship in the university's pharmaceutical product development and research department. We were able to produce aesthetically appealing newsletters and send crucial updates to our stakeholders thanks to the program. The segmentation tools in Mailchimp were especially useful because they allowed us to customize our messages according to the traits and preferences of the recipients. The open rates and click-through rates were revealed by the analytics and reporting tools, which let us evaluate the efficacy of our communication tactics. Overall, Mailchimp was extremely important in helping us maintain efficient communication channels and streamline our email marketing activities.

Pros

Numerous tools are available in Mailchimp that can be used to streamline and improve email marketing campaigns. Users may easily generate aesthetically stunning emails and newsletters using its user-friendly interface and customized templates. The program offers sophisticated segmentation and targeting capabilities, allowing for individualized and focused customer communication. The automation tools provided by Mailchimp, such as drip campaigns and triggered emails, assist companies in providing their audience with timely and pertinent material. In-depth analytics and reporting tools are also provided by the platform, enabling customers to monitor the effectiveness of their campaigns and take data-driven decisions. Additionally, Mailchimp readily connects with a variety of third-party programs, increasing its capabilities and streamlining workflow.

Cons

One drawback of Mailchimp is its price structure, which can get expensive as the number of subscribers rises. Users of lower-tier plans are restricted access to some complex capabilities because they are only offered in higher-tier subscriptions, such as multivariate testing. Although Mailchimp offers a wide range of email marketing options, its automation capabilities might not be as advanced as those of other specialized marketing automation solutions. Users occasionally may encounter deliverability problems or difficulties with spam filters, necessitating proactive management.

Miguel
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Marketing Automation Done Right

Reviewed on 2018-06-24

MailChimp is a great way to introduce users to marketing automation without a high level of risk. Competitors have steep pricing structures that tend to not allow smaller websites with limited budgets test out their features like MailChimp does. It is amazingly easy to setup and use and it has also become my brand of choice for marketing automation across my websites. MailChimp has amazing integrations with many platforms and are easy to use and setup with little or no development experience.

Pros

MailChimp is one of the largest marketing automation platforms in use today. And one of the reasons it has taken off so quickly includes the fact that they offer an entry level subscription that costs nothing. Literally, nothing. While limited, it still provides much of the features you will find with their paid subscription levels, it just has limits in the number of contacts and the number of emails you can send per month. Still, a great deal to test its features and functionalities.

MailChimp is very easy to use and provides a host of features to help you market your site. All subscription levels, including the free entry level, lets you email campaigns, create amazing custom landing pages, pop-up forms, and create Ads with platforms such as Google, Facebook and Instagram. IN addition to these creation and publishing features, MailChimp provides automation features that allow you to create automated responses based on user behaviors. Manage cart abandonment and recommend products as well as receive notifications to all the activities taking place on your site.

You can even customize your target audience through segmentation and groups, send times, time zones, demographics and other advanced features. But remember that not all are available in the free version.

And what good is a marketing tool if you cannot see the results or track them. This, too, is another MailChimp strength. You get your basic set of reports and can perform A/B testing to see what works and what does not.

One of my favorite features is MailChimp's integrations. I use it extensively with WordPress websites and not only use the plug ins created by MailChimp, but those from a multitude of third party developers who have done amazing things with integrations and features.

Cons

Although part of their marketing and not necessarily a Con, it is still fair to say that it would be nice to have some features with limitations available to the entry level for users to give it a run. Maybe a sampling of those would help in making a decision. But because of their affordable pricing structure, it is fair to say that their pricing levels are just about right.