Shared Groups Reviews

Shared Groups

Contact sharing solution with GMail integration

4.3/5 (49 reviews)
Alev A.

Gmail is the best for sharing contacts as well as saving passwords or history

Reviewed on 5/20/2019

At first, I didn't understand why none is saved on the phone just my email. Well, what if I don't have my phone I can log into any device and bc I'm on shared emails I can have everything updated in one click and I love everything Google.

Pros

the format is very easy to learn and with just one click you will be forever in sync with all your shared devices and emails. It's set up to where what u are looking for is right at your fingertips. If you have Gmail then you have it all together synced in your email. Life is better with simple things. Google has become the number one smartest fastest most current updated maps and information that is used the most in your daily routine.

Cons

I have no complaints about Gmail but one thing Yahoo had was less security login or 2 step verification sign-ins. It's very easy to recover a yahoo forgotten account but Gmail has extra security that can be annoying.

John B.

Great for sharing contacts

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

Pros

Simply create a "Global Shared" group for your contact and the system automatically shares the contact with others in the organization!

Cons

Sometimes the system is a little slow with respect to seeing an updated contact for others in the organization (usually 10 minutes or less)

Response from Gapps Experts

Hi John,
We're happy to know that the app has helped you to share your contacts and that the overall experience has been good :)

Regarding the synchronization time (if automatic), this one might take sometimes a while if you're sharing a big group. Remember that you can always access the app and hit on the sync button if you want for the changes to appear faster.

If you have the Enterprise Plan on the other hand, you can also add our Sync Booster Chrome extension.

Don't hesitate to message us if you have any questions or need assistance!

Chris S.

Perfect solution for Google apps users

Reviewed on 10/9/2018

Fantastic, if we ever had technical issues they were quickly resolved by the support staff.

Pros

Easily shares select contacts across Google apps accounts

Cons

There is a short sync delay, usually about 15 minutes.

Response from Gapps Experts

Hey Chris,
Thanks for your feedback!
We're glad that your support experience was good.

Regarding the synchronization time, we understand that sometimes depending on how many contacts you share, might take a bit. But also remember that you can always access the app and hit on the sync button manually for more immediate changes.

Also if you're in our enterprise plan you can use our Sync Booster Extension for even faster results!
Here's a note on the extension:

If you experience any other delays, feel free to message us at any time :)

Good Option

Reviewed on 12/8/2018

This allows me to have multiple accounts and keep lists updated for me and my team.

Pros

This solution does what it advertises, allows sharing of contact information. It works across many Gmail and Gsuite accounts.

Cons

It is a bit challenging to configure and a bit pricey. Items shared seem to keep dropping off "My Contacts" but that is sort of minor

Response from Gapps Experts

Hi,
Thanks for your review!
Could you please indicate what exactly was unpractical to set up?
We would like to improve the service and give you a better experience.

Perhaps it has been difficult to get around the new Google Contact Manager?
This isn't one of our in-house made products, but we created a guide that could perhaps help you :)

Let us know if you have any questions!

Paul B.

One Set Of Contacts

Reviewed on 10/9/2018

It has solved our problem with global contacts and overall we are happy with it, except for the little problem as described above.

Pros

We really like this as it's a seamless way to have a common database of all the business contacts across all our users, but we can also choose to have certain contact groups not shared with everyone.

Cons

When a user who's got access to add, edit or delete contacts in the shared group makes changes, the changes sometimes do not appear in the group owners contacts. We often have to go into the contacts sharing online and switch on and off sharing for it to work properly.

Response from Gapps Experts

Hey Paul,
Thanks for your feedback!

Sometimes changes could take some time to appear to all of your users, but you can always hit on the sync button to see changes faster.

Also if you're one of our enterprise users, you could use our Chrome Extension for faster results!

Here's a note about it:

Don't hesitate to message us again if you need further assistance :)

Tim C.

Great product

Reviewed on 10/15/2019

We use this software to allow contacts to be shared across multiples devices. It’s super easy you and simply to explain

Pros

Love how easy it is to use this software. It allows me to keep contacts regardless of what unit I am using.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of anything I didn’t like about this software. It really does what you need it to and is kept up very well

Eric S.

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

Pros

Allowed us to keep our staff up to date with email lists

Cons

It doesn't tell you when you don't have enough subscriptions, it just doesn't share the lists with the staff member.

Response from Gapps Experts

Hi Eric,
Thank you so much for your review.
And now that you mention it, I'm pleased to inform you that we're currently working on those notifications!
You'll have them very soon and will be informed about them as well, briefly. Thanks for always letting us know how we could improve your experience. I can tell you that it has become a priority to integrate the notifications feature.

7.0/10
Cliff L.

Great Tool To Share Contacts Across Your Organization

Reviewed on 10/14/2018

Love it! Well done team!

Pros

It's is clean simple and has not messed up my 18,000 contacts like some other tools have.

Cons

There are no cons that I have experienced so far.

Response from Gapps Experts

Hey Cliff,
We're really happy to know that you like our solution :) thanks for taking the time to review us and for staying with us all this time.
You rock!

Jimmy A.

Great G Suite Add-On

Reviewed on 12/13/2018

Bottom line, Shared Contacts for Google works flawless and is a great value overall.

Pros

Hands down the best way to share your gmail contacts in a g suite organization. Price is great.

Cons

I would not change a thing not being able to share contacts as an organization is crazy. ... this solves the problem.

James S.

Essential addon for Gmail

Reviewed on 10/9/2018

We share several address books within our company and it's great knowing they are always up to date for all users

Pros

This app is very easy to use and does exactly what we needed!

Cons

Not being able to share an email group with all users at once makes sharing with more than 5 people a little time consuming. Although it is something you only need to once.

Response from Gapps Experts

Hi James,
Thanks for your feedback! It makes us really happy to know that the app was able to address your needs.

Regarding the possibility of sharing a group with more than 5 contacts at the same time without feeling like your time is being consumed, I'm glad to inform you that it is possible!!!

Just check out this article we wrote about it and you won't have to spend so much time doing it anymore:

Hope this helps! Don't hesitate to let us know how it goes

Tiffany m G.

It helps so much when your schedule is so full and can share it all with everyone!

Reviewed on 2/22/2018

Pros

It is so helpful when your schedule is full to the max and you have 10 people who need to know where you are and at what time. It's so simple to invite everyone to my calendar to view my schedule instead of contacting each person individually.

Cristiano D.

Very good tool

Reviewed on 9/28/2018

Pros

It's easy to share contacts between multiple accounts
Synchronizations works very well

Cons

The user interface should be improved. At the moment it is somewhat lacking

Response from Gapps Experts

Hi Cristiano,
Thanks for your feedback!

Could you tell us what exactly you think should be improved in the user interface so we can work on it and make your experience better? It is precisely feedback like yours that help us to take the solution to a higher quality every time :)

Jesusa D.

Great App

Reviewed on 12/18/2018

This App allows us to have our contacts wherever we go and it flows through our mobile device nicely.

Pros

The software seems easy and intuitive. It also has a nice feature to sort for clients and types of clients

Cons

I prefer that is did not cost money. It should be included in the G Suite monthly subscription. Office 365 includes this feature in their service.

Kim B.

Fire the Techie!

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

Easy peasie lemon squeezy!

Pros

Who needs a techie when it is so easy.

It just works and all the staff pick it up instantly.

Cons

What isn't to like. It just works with no fuss.

Aidah M.

Gmail contacts share

Reviewed on 8/12/2019

Its not possible to loose contacts since they are easily shared

Pros

The ease at which you can get contacts without having to type

Cons

getting contacts that you barely want to keep

Phillip P.

Great solution for sharing controlled contact lists in gmail

Reviewed on 12/16/2018

We were using another product that was too glitchy. Shared Contacts has worked seamlessly and provided us with the ability to share contact groups across the team and control the quality of the lists.

Pros

Easy to set up and maintain with no bugs.

Cons

The cost. This feature should be built into gmail.

Evelyn A.

It does what it says it does

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Great product. Does what it says it does.

Pros

You set it up once and you are good to go.

Cons

A little difficult to find the location to add users.

Response from Gapps Experts

Hey Evelyn,
Thanks for taking the time to review the solution.
Do you need any guidance with the app? Please don't hesitate to contact us and we'll be more than happy to help!

Regarding the location to add users, feel free to message me directly. Is it because of the new Contacts Manager design?

Thanks again :)

David H.

Shared Contacts

Reviewed on 10/9/2018

Pros

We can share our contacts effortlessly across users and devices.

Cons

There was nothing that we don't like about this software. It provides the capability that G-Suite doesn't.

Shared Contacts is simple to use and serves as a solid alternative for a CRM

Reviewed on 12/9/2018

Sometimes you only need an easy way to share contacts but most CRMs are overhead and offer to much and not necessary functionality.

Pros

Does what it should and promises.
Easy to use CRM alternative.

Cons

The UI is a partially a little confusing and - even though it is build on Material UI components - seems a little outdated.

Response from Gapps Experts

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback!
We're always trying to improve our product and we would like to hear more of what thinks you would change to our UI.
Perhaps I could send your observations to our designer :)
Feel free to message us at any time!

Ifitumi barnabas S.

Excellent Gmail Contact Sharing Software.

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 12/13/2018

Pros

The software gives room sharing of contacts.
It is easy to use.
Has great functionalities.
It is user friendly.
The contact can be shared across device.

Cons

Gmail contact cannot be shared across other email platform.

Response from Gapps Experts

Hi Samuel,
Thanks for your feedback!
We're glad to know that you're making a good use of our solution to share contacts in Gmail.
In case you wanted to share your contacts with another email platform like Outlook, you can do it!
For more information, just check this article on the topic :)

We're currently working so you can share your contacts with more platforms .
Once again thanks for trusting us and feel free to contact out support team in case you have any question.

Dyllan A.

Easy to view new Contact!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017

Pros

I enjoyed using this when I had to convert all my contacts to my new email. Fast and easy and very user friendly!

Cons

It could take up to about an hour depending on how many contacts you are rolling over or sending to another account.

Response from Gapps Experts

Hi Dyllan,
Thanks for reviewing our product!
It certainly make us very happy to know that the solution helped you to convert all of your contacts and share in an easier way.

Regarding the sync time, have you tried our sync booster Chrome extension? This one is available to all the Enterprise Shared Contacts for Gmail® users and will detect any change in your shared contact groups to trigger the sync process in the Shared Contacts for Gmail® App faster!
Here's an article about it: http://blog.gmailsharedcontacts.com/2017/12/waiting-is-out-instant-synchronization.html

Also, remember that if you're not in the Enterprise plan, you can always hit on the sync button manually for faster results :)

Great product... heartily recommend

Reviewed on 9/29/2018

Pros

We needed shared contacts at the office and this product is easy to use and seamless in background operations.

Cons

The documentation could have been a little more clear at a couple of points but overall we were able to get up and running very quickly.

Response from Gapps Experts

Hi Arthur,
Thanks for your review!
Feel free to send your suggestions at any time, including if something isn't clear. We will always be happy to help you for any inquiry :)

Good Colleagues or Family Contact Connecting, Gmail Does it Free

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 10/24/2019

I was able to share my contacts with my colleagues and family for a low price, but in the end I ended up just assigning a few assistants to my gmail contact for free.

Pros

I've had the need to share my personal contacts with both my family members and my coworkers and with Shared Contacts for Gmail, I can now do just that! I don't have to wait for my husband to get home to get an address only he knows, and my associates can reach out to my contacts without waiting for me to see their e-mail request or land on one of my frequent business trips.

Cons

You have to be sure your groups are set up correctly or you can end up sharing the wrong contacts or far too many contacts. You don't need your boss to have your Aunt Cindy's birthday, address, and favorite dessert. It's inexpensive, but gmail allows you to add an "assistant" who can manage and access your contacts for free - but they have more access to your personal account than this would provide.

Shared contacts

Reviewed on 12/28/2018

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use that is provided daily when I use this application

Cons

I do not have any negative comments at this time

7.0/10
Stephanie D.

Contacts disappear

Reviewed on 10/4/2019

Frustrating. Nobody at the helpdesk advises us of problems.

Pros

Promise to share contacts between all company users on different devices : a centralised company address book

Cons

Regularly, contacts disappear of our lists, we don't know why. Also, it generate duplicate addresses all the time. Erratic!
Impossible