Doug S.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

We find iContact always exceeds our expectations, really! Friendly folks, easy to use,...

Reviewed on 2018-04-10

It makes my life loads easier. I can use my graphic design abilities to make eye catching emails and that intrigues people which leads them to want more information about our church. I can whip up an email in less than half the time it took prior to contracting with iContact. Also, being able to call customer support and rarely have to be on hold is a benefit along with the support coming from people who are easy to talk to, who converse as real people rather sounding mawkish.

Pros

The flexibility and ease involved to create stunning emails - in our case, weekly church eNews; monthly newsletter and special announcements. The new web site was a major thrust forward in our ability to look loads more professional and that draws visitors to our doors.

The customer support team are friendly, down-to-earth and never sound like they are reading from a script. They listen well, explain what the problem may be, find solutions and even work-arounds to achieve what we want to produce. They welcome suggestions to improve the site.

As with any shift in process, it took a bit to grasp the new site, but it was well worth it, especially that we knew we could reach out for support where truly no question was too dumb. The features are easy to manipulate, and the ease to populate our emails on social media was a real benefit for us.

Congregations, by definition, need to be thrifty with funds and iContact still remains our best value for what we get, and we do comparison pricing on an annual basis. Result? We've been with iContact for 8 years and they still are our choice.

Cons

We would welcome and make use of a larger variety of templates if they were available. Currently templates favor clients who are in the sales market. This challenges us to be creative in modifying a beautiful template from sales to event promotion. More templates for the non-profit and religious clients would, frankly, be a blessing.

Response from iContact

Hello Doug. We are so excited that you have been an iContact customer over the last 8 years. It makes us happy to hear that you have been able to create more professional emails with iContact in half the time! Thank you for your feedback about adding more templates as well. As you mentioned we are always open to suggestions for improvement, and will pass your comments along to our Product Management team for possible updates in a future release.

Brent C.

• Customer Support Software

Our organization has been with I-Contact for 8 years-we love the impact of the communications!

Reviewed on 2018-04-10

Pros

We LOVE the new Dashboard, updated templates, and the functionality/features during message composition. During the last several years, I-Contact updated the above features, but before doing so asked the CUSTOMER how they could improve their systems. This feedback was definitely taken into consideration as you could so them reflected in the updates. Since then, I-Contact continues to improve the platform with new templates/functions that add to the impact of each individual message.

They are a SOLID email marketing solution for companies big and small. There price is in some cases lower than their competitors while offering the majority of the same features.

Third, we have been extremely impressed with the level of customer service provided by their team. If you ever have an issue, they are quick to address and provide a solution!

Cons

Only 2 areas where we would like to see improvement. More connectivity options with other services/websites in order to be able to export/upload new contact information. Also, a more seamless mobile app that would allow for managing of content/messages.

Also, consistent, new email templates added to reflect more types of communications: SAVE THE DATE, EVENT ANNOUNCEMENTS, NEWS UPDATES, etc.

Response from iContact

Hi Brent. Thank you so much for being a long time iContact customer of 8 years! We are so pleased to hear that you love the upgrades we've made over the last few years. We believe that customer feedback is an extremely important tool in creating a better product, and will continue to reflect this feedback in future releases. Speaking of which, the feedback you provided is absolutely something that we will pass along to the Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for potential changes. The good news is that we are currently looking into integrating with other services and sites that will allow our customers even more options for bringing data into their iContact accounts.

Nichole K.

• Customer Support Software

A great platform to engage with customers and plays a key role in any marketing strategy

Reviewed on 2017-12-28

Pros

The software has come a long way from its earlier stages. The editor is VERY user friendly, but of course has its quirks just like any email software. iContact has worked the best for us, and given us the ability to create an email marketing strategy that is fine tuned to our audience and what they respond to. There is a lot of flexibility and functions that make this product easily tailored to your specific needs as a brand or business. One of our favorite things though, is the support team and specifically our own specialist that has an answer for every problem. He has gone above and beyond to make our experience as smooth and effective as possible.

Cons

As we mentioned, there are quirks with any email software. In particular there are some design/layout functionalities in the new editor that sometimes don't line up just right - or at least don't give us the full access to configure the email certain ways. But we always find an alternative way to make it work.

Response from iContact

Hi Nichole!

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled to hear that you're liking the new email editor and we have so much more to come in 2018. As you mentioned, we have a fantastic support and services team who are always eager to help in any way they can, including taking any feedback on quirks or enhancement requests and passing it along to the product and development team. Please feel free to reach out to your specialist with specifics - we're always doing our best to improve based on customer feedback.

Rhiannon N.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

• Customer Support Software

I love iContact and the support I receive from my advisor.

Reviewed on 2018-04-03

Easy to use and the peace of mind that all of our communications are responsive and beautiful in our readers' inboxes.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and teach to my colleagues. iContact is always looking to improve their products and roll out new features so it grows as our email marketing plans do. They're also open to feedback and value the input of their users.

Cons

I wish there was a summary at the end riiiiight before you send a message where you can see what lists you're sending to and what lists you've excluded. Would make the "Scheduled Messages" feature *that much more* functional for us.

Response from iContact

Thanks for your review, Rhiannon. Delivering an exceptional customer experience is a top priority for our team, so we're happy to hear that we're meeting your needs. We also appreciate your suggestion for a scheduling summary. As you mentioned, we're constantly growing our platform, so we'll keep your feedback in mind as we continue to evolve. Thanks for being such a loyal customer!

Amara C.

• Customer Support Software

I've used iContact 8+ years. It's a great cost effective solution to keep our residents...

Reviewed on 2018-04-10

Pros

The software is easy to use and offers enough flexibility to get our messaging out to our residents.

Cons

I would like it if the search function was more robust. In addition, there are times that what I see on my screen is not how it looks when I send it to myself to Q.C. I tend to keep layouts simple to avoid this challenge.

Response from iContact

Hi Amara. Thank you so much for being a loyal iContact customer of over 8 years! We are glad to hear that you find the software both easy to use and flexible. Our goal is to ensure iContact is easy for new customers to pick up on, while remaining flexible enough to give our more experienced customers room to grow. We appreciate the feedback about messages looking different after they are sent. Different email providers can display the same content in their own unique ways. Ideally we would love to offer a design that remains consistent across all email platforms, and we will take your feedback into account as we work to make iContact even better!

Chloe B.

Review of iContact

Reviewed on 2018-09-05

I hold iContact in very high regard, particularly because of it's customer service. The strategic advisors are very helpful and attentive; they always respond quickly and helpfully.

Pros

I love the template builder functionality and that it's still an option to use the HTML Template builder. Our CRM is very particular about the types of email templates we can send out of it and iContact has helped us navigate this issue. It's very easy to train people in and to build eye-catching templates.

Cons

I would prefer to have larger subscriber limits and I would prefer to be able to do functional HTML file exports for certain templates. I also think the reporting data has a lot of blindspots. I would also like to be able to make template copies across user folders without having to enlist my strategic advisor's help.

Will C.

• Customer Support Software

Robust yet simple to use

Reviewed on 2018-03-30

Salesforce sync and better ways to manage lists.

Pros

Clean reports- easy to read and understand.
Salesforce sync both ways. It's easy to set up and works nicely.
Good customer support. They offer great strategic support as well as help on technical issues. They are also easily accessible. You're assigned a rep, which often works better than getting a random person at any time. You can really develop a good working relationship.

Cons

List management can be confusing. There are both lists and segments to be managed in the software, and it can get confusing to figure out what's a list, what's a segment. But once you get the hang of it, it can be handy. I can't say I use those features as often as I just resort back to Salesforce to generate a fresh list.

Response from iContact

Hi Will. Thank you for your review! We're excited to hear that you're finding our Salesforce sync useful. Also, thanks for the kind words about our customer support. Making sure our customers are happy is our top priority! We also appreciate your feedback on the list management. We're currently working on some enhancements to our user experience, so we'll definitely take your suggestions into consideration. Thanks!

Shannon S.

• Customer Support Software

iContact is the least stressful part of my job.

Reviewed on 2018-04-05

Pros

iContact is super intuitive and easy to use, and with every update, more. I rarely have issues with the software, but when I do, my advisor is always available and is quick to help with solutions. He also has helped us increase our opens and clicks exponentially.

Cons

The only con I have is that there isn't a way to export Survey reports as a pdf. There's a workaround, but that would make my life just a little easier.

Response from iContact

Hi Shannon. We're so happy to hear that we're able to provide such a "stress-free" experience for you! The team strives to provide the best user experience in the industry, so we're glad that we're delivering so much value in the form of increased opens and clicks. We love hearing success stories like that. We also appreciate your feedback about exporting surveys. As we continue to evolve the platform, we'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Calley P.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

• Customer Support Software

Great email marketing platform and amazing customer service!

Reviewed on 2017-12-20

Ability to reach our customers in a professional manner and it's super easy to use!

Pros

iContact is very user friendly and doesn't require a designer or software engineer to use. Even the most basic WYSIWYG editor will allow you to customize emails your clients will want to read. Their design services are speedy and professional. Using their premium platform includes monthly customer support calls and services. The ROI is measurable and positive for our business.

Cons

I wish we were able to integrate iContact with our shopping cart (3dcart) but it's not a friendly API. Otherwise we've been very happy with iContact.

Response from iContact

Thank you for reviewing iContact. We're glad to hear that you're seeing measurable ROI from engaging with our Premium Services team.  Last year, iContact Premier clients saw, on average, 41% higher open rates and 63% higher click-through rates than similar-sized clients without services ¿ while also seeing a marked improvement in deliverability and inbox placement. It pays to have the help! And we appreciate the feedback re our API - we've passed it along to our product team, and wanted to let you know that we have integration enhancements as a key component of our 2018 roadmap.

Paul M.

Mostly a positive experience

Reviewed on 2018-04-10

Excellent for producing our email alerts.

Pros

Relatively easy to use, not too many quirks, etc. Easy to bring in text, heads and pix. Especially easy to work off prior templates, which is very important for me considering the big con below.

Cons

It was redesigned about a year ago and I absolutely hate it. I continue to use older templates because when I've tried to use the new ones, even with Live Chat help, I can't make heads or tails out of it. Maybe it's me? Maybe not. But I realize iContact was trying to get more "with the times," and update the SW, but it's just not in the least big user friendly.

Response from iContact

Hello Paul. We are very glad to hear that you find iContact easy to use, and particularly working off of prior templates. Anytime we make a major change to the platform we allow customers to remain on the previous version for a period of time so that they can take their time to get used to the changes. Thank you for your feedback regarding difficulty learning to use the new email editor. We would love a chance to help you get more familiar with it. Please reach out to our support team via phone at 877-968-3996.

Henry R.

• Customer Support Software

A feature rich email marketing site.

Reviewed on 2017-12-20

Pros

The site is very simple to use for the beginning email marketer but has plenty of flexibility for a more experienced user. Having the ability to use my own HTML for emails was key, as was having the ability to see who clicked links and what pages of my website they went to.

Cons

I have found that the landing page editor was difficult to learn and didn't have the flexibility I wanted. I did however use the embedded frame feature to get around that.

Response from iContact

Hello Henry,

Thank you so much for this feedback. Our site is designed to be as easy as possible for new users to pick up, while allowing experienced users the ability to perform more advanced functions. Customers can work with our pre-designed themes and layouts to create emails or use their own HTML code like you!

I see that you are on our iContact Pro platform which allows you to create Landing Pages. The learning curve for this feature is a bit steep, but the good news is that we are always looking at ways to improve upon it. I am happy to hear you were able to work around the issues you encountered, but we hope to make this process even smoother in the future.

Brian H.

• Customer Support Software

Be sure to cancel -- they auto-renew

Reviewed on 2019-09-27

There are other more-integrated models that make work more efficient. I would recommend those models instead of iContact. The features all work, but applications like Network for Good make things easier, faster, more efficient for me.

Pros

Things worked fine. If you don't use the software frequently, it can be hard to master. I wish the layout was a bit easier to work with, but it is not terrible. The platform does what it says it can do in the advertising.

Cons

I had to double enter a lot of info with my fundraising software and then to i-contact. There was a lack of integration that I found frustrating.

Leaving iContact was a pain also. My organization signed a contract for annual subscription, so I assumed we would have to re-upp at the end of each year. That is pretty typical. It turned out though, the fine print of the contract says that customers must specifically put in a cancellation in writing. Even though the charity I worked with started using another service, iContact demanded payment for a period of time after we had made the switch. I personally found that in poor taste. Other subscription models I am familiar with don't do that. Be better than that, iContact.

Response from iContact

Hello Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback for us, we will most definitely have an in depth review of the items that you raised here.

All the best,

Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Judy C.

• Customer Support Software

I truly loved the OLD IContact. But now it is much more complicated.

Reviewed on 2018-04-10

I used to get the ease of having templates already created and we just filled them in. Now I do not see as many benefits.

Pros

That it is easy to add new contacts and tells us when a contact no longer wants our emails. This is a great plus

Cons

That all the pre made sheets have been deleted. I used those all the time. And the old emails that I did have aren't all there. It is very frustrating for me to have to create a completely new newsletter each and every time I want to send out an email. We have sent out far less emails since this was all changed. We were sending out one a week, most of the time. Now we are lucky to send out one a month.

Response from iContact

Hello Judy. Thank you for being a long time customer! It is great to hear that you have been utilizing our notification system so that iContact can tell you when contacts no longer want your emails. Getting this information in real time can be so helpful to your business, and allows you to keep any internal records up to date. Thank you as well for the feedback about templates. We did recently update our platform removing the previous templates, and replacing them with different theme and layout options. Once you choose a theme and layout that you really like, we recommend saving that combination as a custom template within your account. That way you can quickly choose your custom template and just fill in the blanks when you are ready to send. This feedback has also been passed along to our Product Managers so that it can be reviewed for possible updates in a future release.

Susan K.

• Customer Support Software

We are a quilt guild of over 200 members who use IContact to track members and send...

Reviewed on 2018-04-10

Keeps track of guild members information and enables us to easily communicate with them. Forgot to mention that it would be nice if we could put attachments into the email.

Pros

Once the software is set up, it is very easy for our membership chair to update and track our members. We send 2 to 3 emails per month which are not difficult to create. We also use the survey feature and are quite happy with how easy that is.

Cons

Not totally intuitive for our members who are not computer savvy to set up new fields so must be done by someone with more knowledge about how databases work. Not really a *con*, just a comment.

Response from iContact

Hi Susan! We appreciate you using iContact for your member tracking and email needs. We are excited to hear that you find updating and tracking your members so easy. Thank you for the feedback about some members having difficulty setting up new fields. The good news is that we are actively working on a re-design for our Contacts page, including the process for setting up new fields. Hopefully this helps to clear up any confusion for even our not computer savvy users!

Sandra H.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Love iContact. Their Strategic Advisors are super responsive, helpful and understanding.

Reviewed on 2018-04-04

Pros

I love the clean look of the dashboard. Like the send list as it helps me see at a glance what I've sent the last several months.

Cons

This is not a huge issue now but it freaked me out when I first began using iContact. When uploading a list of about 300K customers, iContact kicked me out (and contines to do it). I typically x out and start over again. I know this happens and don't worry too much about it now, but for newer customers, it might be a frustration, (and yes, it was in CSV format). Don't worry about it now because it seems to be on your end. :)

Response from iContact

Thanks, Sandra. It's great to hear that our Strategic Advisors have been so responsive and helpful. We're also glad that you're enjoying using the dashboard. You'll be excited to learn we'll be adding even more features to it in the near future. We also appreciate your feedback around the list upload experience. We're always trying to enhance the user experience, so we'll keep this in mind as we continue to evolve the platform. Thanks for being such a loyal customer!

Catherine P.

Reviewed on 2018-04-09

Pros

Easy to use, Fun to create, simple analytics and nice reporting, incredible import/export abilities.

Cons

Wish it integrated with google analytics a bit more and had better analytics on screen for each email.

Response from iContact

Hi Catherine. Thank you for being a loyal iContact customer! We love hearing that message creation has been fun for you. If we can make any aspect of your daily routine more fun, we count that as a win. We appreciate your feedback about Google Analytics as well. We are in the process of evaluating new and current integrations to see where we can best focus our efforts for our customers. We will certainly take your feedback into account during this process.

• Industry: Hospitality

Email Creation Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019-01-21

Pros

Building an email through iContact is extremely easy and intuitive. Their creation tools are quick to access and the templates they have created are also a great option. We really utilize the segments tool as this allows us to retarget our lists through different messages and campaigns. Their chat support is also always available and they are quick to help you through any problem you may be facing.

Cons

There are a few features which iContact does not have which other email marketing programs do. For instance, there is no way to include a survey in iContact since it does not support Javascript. Also, readers are not able to subscribe to additional email lists through an initial email.

Response from iContact

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that iContact is meeting your needs so well.

All the best,

Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Karen G.
  • Industry: Public Policy

• Customer Support Software

I love this product and my strategic advisor is awesome.

analytics, member engagement

Pros

I love my strategic advisor and how she is able to help me make the most of the product. I truly appreciate the access to the analytics.

Cons

Sometimes the templates are hard to use but I always figure them out and the help desk is always there to solve my problems.

Response from iContact

We appreciate your feedback, Karen! Your enthusiasm for our software and support team is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your patience with our templates. The new editor does take some time to learn and we¿re glad you can rely on the help desk for support. Have a wonderful day!

• Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

We have an email list of around 200,000 addresses. We use iContact for weekly emails to this...

Reviewed on 2017-12-20

iContact takes care of the services we need, including handling our large email list. We also use iContact for an autoresponder that works great.

Pros

We use iContact to maintain the email list, and to send targeted emails to the list on a weekly basis. iContact does everything - manage the list, handle adds/unsubscribes, provide useful reports and stats, and more. We also have a second need for an autoresponder to handle a smaller list of a couple thousand emails. This autoresonder contains around 100 messages and lasts around three years. We set up the autoresponder mechanics - everything else runs automatically.

Response from iContact

Many thanks for the nice review! Hearing we¿re doing a solid job for a high-volume email sender, such as yourself, warms our heart because we know just how important email is to your marketing ROI. Thanks again for your comments about the autoresponder feature, we agree it's a real time-saver.

Rich H.

• Customer Support Software

Great firm to work with. Service is polished and the support team in exceptional

Reviewed on 2018-03-20

Manage all our of clients email campaigns and can offer extensive reporting and tools to keep the lists in perfect shape.

Pros

The service is easy to use. Intuitive. Extensive tool set. Smart upgrades. Great support team, both technical and strategic.

Response from iContact

Thank you Rich, we truly appreciate your glowing review! An easy to use, smart, and polished service is exactly what we intend to offer our customers. The exceptional support team is a fantastic bonus, and something we are very proud of. We hope to work with you for many years to come!

Diane B.

Great!

Reviewed on 2018-04-10

Pros

Constantly improving what they offer users including new templates (great) and many other cool features.

Cons

Occasionally small hiccups - but customer service always works with me to fix it. Appreciate them a lot!

Response from iContact

Hi Diane! We are thrilled to hear that you have been enjoying our new templates. We will regularly add more as time goes on, so keep your eyes peeled. Thank you for the feedback about small hiccups. We will continue to work towards a completely seamless interaction with iContact.

Wendy D.

• Customer Support Software

It is easy to learn and use with a user friendly interface with many options to create custom...

Reviewed on 2018-04-10

Pros

I schedule a month of emails at a time and can customize the email and send to the different email lists that I have set up. I like the new drag and drop feature to insert graphics or text or the social media links.

Cons

I love the new templates to create emails from, but would like to see more. Sometimes it is difficult to cut and paste the text and have it formatted properly.

Response from iContact

Hi Wendy! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using the new drag and drop editor. It makes inserting text, social media, and images easier than ever before. Thank you so much for your feedback about templates as well. We continue to add new templates, and would love your thoughts on what kind of templates you would like to see next. Feel free to let any of our support agents know, or drop a quick like to [email protected] with your feedback. Thank you for being an iContact customer!

Charlie B.

• Customer Support Software

I have been using iContact since 2008 and it has been great. Easy to use with great...

Reviewed on 2017-12-15

Pros

I am an agency with iContact and do lots of email blasts for my customers. iContact is very easy to use and setup for my different clients. I especially like the ability to manage the databases.

Cons

The social media posting needs some work but there isn't much that I don't like about iContact. Also, I would like to be able to add multiple single addresses to a list at one time.

Arlin G.

• Customer Support Software

Increased customer engagement enabled by excellent technical support

Reviewed on 2017-12-20

Pros

We've been assigned a personal rep who is more than happy to just on the phone with us to troubleshoot the platform, but more importantly strategize with us the best ways to implement it for our purposes

Cons

The user interface is not the most intuitive, nor are the analytics, but it's ok once you get your head around it.

Response from iContact

Dear Arlin, We're grateful for your comments! Your increased customer engagement is our whole thing, as is ensuring that the iContact application is equally engaging for OUR customers. Our refreshed product interface aims to be as intuitive as possible. We are always open to integrating the ideas of our customers into our upcoming development and improvement cycles. If you have the time, please share how you would improve your interface and analytics issues at [email protected] Thanks again for being an iContact customer!

• Industry: Consumer Electronics

• Customer Support Software

icontact works good. I use it every week to send emails to customers.

Reviewed on 2018-04-10

We send emails weekly with important information to our customers.

Pros

The WYSIWYG feature is very easy to use. I like the preloaded templates that they offered, and I believe they are coming out with more features.

Cons

The website is a little buggy. But since I first started using iContact, they have improve so much and its easier to use.

Response from iContact

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review! It's excellent to hear that you are enjoying the preloaded templates that we offer. We are continuing to add more templates all the time. Thank you for the feedback about the website being buggy, though it is great to hear that you are seeing big improvements. Please report bugs that you notice to any support agent that you talk to, or by using our feedback form here: https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/en-us/contact.