Function Point

Customer Support Software
4.6/5

Nathan S.

• Customer Support Software

Function Point is an essential part of our agency workflow forming the backbone of our process.

Reviewed on 2018-05-08

Pros

Depth of information and availability of data. The amount of information can be intimidating to a new user, but with experience, the ability to not simply keep track of projects, but to be able to monitor the health of your agency is essential. Function Point's robust reporting tools make that possible.

Cons

Lack of ability to customize and support workflow options that are outside of established understandings within the system. Additional client portal functionality for example.

Response from Function Point Productivity Software

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us, Nathan. We're so glad to hear how FP is helping monitor the health of Zipie!

In terms of project management systems for agencies, it's pretty good.

Reviewed on 2018-10-28

Pros

Handles everything in one system -- setting up clients, creating jobs, allocating time to projects and tracking due dates. It's also nice that it allows customization and can handle POs and invoices.

Cons

This isn't a great CMS and definitely doesn't include the features that a sales team desires. It also won't allow you to see the difference between hours budgeted and hours actually spent as you have to reconcile the "estimated" and "actual" hours spent.

Response from Function Point Productivity Software

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We are glad to hear that Function Point is helping you manage your entire workflow in one place.

You can definitely look for the difference in estimated and actual hours with the following steps.

1. Click on Find Jobs
2. Click on manage columns
3. Select checkboxes for estimated, actual hours and variance(hrs)
4. Save Columns

We also have a new Business Intelligence reports release coming out this month that will help you:

1. Analyze data from across your entire FP system in one place
2. Customize reports and save the ones you use most as templates
3. Choose how you want to visualize your data ¿ from tables to pivots grids

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me in case you want to try out the beta version of new reports or discuss improvements in our CMS module.

Best,
Saurabh

Amy G.

Function Point Creative Agency software: great help for workflow

Reviewed on 2016-10-31

We have been using Function Point for two years. Overall, it has been a terrific upgrade for us. Our time keeping and job management are all in one place, whereas previously we managed those two things separately.
Onboarding was very smooth and easy. We felt we had adequate training and that the software is very intuitive for new users. I like that it is customizable for each user and that different level employees have different permissions/views.
Being a creative shop, some employees long for something more visual like Trello for project management. However, Trello and the like do not have all of the back-end time tracking and accounting that Function Point does.
Overall, we really like Function Point. It has been a time saver for time tracking, estimating, invoicing, and workflow management. We do not have a client portal and do not plan to in the near future. We are just beginning the process of linking to Quickbooks and look forward to the benefits that will bring.
Customer Support is super responsive and helpful for troubleshooting, every time.

Pros

Time tracking, Job Management from Estimate to Invoicing.

Cons

Lack of visual interest (i.e. would be great to look for like Trello cards /boards at a glance to see all project status at once) - also would be nice to have a thumbnail of the project (i.e. of the ad, brochure, etc.) next to the job name on all dashboards.

Response from Function Point Productivity Software

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here, Amy. Please reach out if you have any other suggestions for how we can make fp. even better!

Erica L.

I'm an accountant

Reviewed on 2016-11-02

From my perspective, I can see where the project management tools can be functional for the rest of the office. My views however, could use some more controls. Examples: 1) When something is deleted, it is gone forever, I can't tell who did it or why, just that it's gone. 2) Why can shipping be entered as an internal expense. This is never the case, but everyone in the office has the ability to select it (after several attempts to remove the feature), and we will never pay ourselves for shipping; we pay FedEx for that. 3) There is no way to easily track open POs, and once an invoice is received for a portion of the PO, I have to create a copy and edit what is remaining so an additional invoice can be entered against the job, then go back to the original PO and make notes as to where the new information needs to end up (example: we order 10 pieces of furniture for a project-5 are ready to ship today invoice#1, 3 pieces ship next January invoice#2, and the last 2 ship in March invoice#3). There is no easy way to tell me which parts of the PO are complete and what I am still waiting for. I find this extremely time consuming and it can delay billing. 4) Generally, I have 4 open Function Point windows working at the same time. Because we export to QuickBooks, and the export feature takes longer than 1 minute, I am entering vendor invoices, exporting, opening another window, exporting another invoice, etc... Once I have all 4 windows completed, I go back to the beginning, 'stop QB sync' the invoice so it can be classified in QB for our two different sides of the company (for financial reporting) and then begin the process again. I have developed a system over the last 10 months, but find that this can be confusing and if I asked anyone else to try and do this 'data entry', steps would get skipped and un-syncing may not occur (5))which caused a huge back up of information and stopped allowing export to QB period).
Please call if you have any questions about anything written, I realize it may be quite jumbled here.

Response from Function Point Productivity Software

Hi Erica - thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Your Customer Success Manager will be reaching out to you for a quick chat to see how we can help you out with this.

Matt A.

Great System for Creative Agencies

Reviewed on 2016-09-14

Function Point has been a major asset for our Creative Agency over the past 8 plus years of use. With a ton of easy to use features and reporting, it's allowed our firm to estimate, create, track, and bill out thousands of past and ongoing projects. The up to date time tracking and reporting has been fantastic for us and given us a true pulse on the business, as we track and communicate project progress with our clients and team.

With major benefits and ease of use, we've now added it into another one of our businesses to provide the same successes. To me the system provides a ton of features and value at an affordable rate.

Pros

Great value for a ton of functionality

Cons

The only issue that I have with the system relates to the tasking, as it's different then our agency workflow.

Response from Function Point Productivity Software

Hi Matt - I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts here. Having KEEN Group with us for the past 8 years is the greatest of compliments, and we're committed to making sure we continue to work for your trust. If you ever have suggestions as to how we can make Function Point even better, we're always ready to listen.

Roger S.

• Customer Support Software

Overall my experience has been good.

Reviewed on 2018-06-18

Pros

It is cloud based, easy to search, and simple interface for inputting time by task, or in the week;y view

Cons

No way to schedule a task or automatically assigning a task upon completion of a previous task. In other words a need for dependency task.
Currently we use a single note for our developers, and designers to put there needs in. this note gets copied and sent to the client once a week. Since the same note is being edited by different people it sometime would get over written when saved. it would be nice to have an area where they could add a need to a list that has either a date or checkbox to indicate it has been fullfiled. and that need is saved as an individual item in a database.

Response from Function Point Productivity Software

Hi Roger, thanks for your feedback. Your Customer Success Manager will be reaching out to dig into your concerns and show you some ways to solve them, so keep an eye on your inbox!

Alicia W.

My Function Point Experience

Reviewed on 2018-09-07

Overall we have enjoyed it, we are about to get our quickbooks integrated, so that will be nice - hope that it works great.

Pros

I like that it is easy to navigate and find things quickly. I like how the interface is branded and the some of the reporting is great.

Cons

I wish you had better options on estimate sending- like tracking to see if they opened the email and housing the email in the job that you sent for estimate approval. you see your email when you have to send an invoice, but should be the same on estimating. -- I wish you had a better setup for jobs/estimate on annual budgets - with trying to keep the team on their monthly hours and then having monthly jobs... it gets boggled down with that many jobs.... I wish we could see how other agencies of our size have their function point organized....

Response from Function Point Productivity Software

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Alicia! Keep an eye on your inbox -- your Customer Success Manager will be reaching out to you.

Princess M.

• Customer Support Software

Software we use daily that keeps on improving

Reviewed on 2017-12-05

Pros

Function Point's Quickbooks Integration is one of the main reasons we chose to go with Function Point. It has been very helpful for our client services and accounting teams when exporting and sending invoices. Although it's not perfect, Function Point's integration with our accounting software makes our invoice delivery system much easier.

Cons

We are not aware of other integrations that Function Point offers for other software systems that we use, such as Slack, Google Calendar, Grow, Fathom, DocuSign/Adobe Sign, etc. Also, the reporting feature is under-utilized by our users because some reports require a program that can read XML files. Upgrading and adding new features would make FP even better, and because we've seen the software evolve, we wouldn't be surprised if new features are already in the works.

Response from Function Point Productivity Software

Thanks so much for your kind words here, Princess. Stay tuned for what's to come!

Jessica B.

• Customer Support Software

Lots of pros, but also lots of cons

Reviewed on 2018-08-13

It works for us, but the sun doesn't rise and set with it. Function Point lets us log a lot of information and communicate tasks with people who are out of the office well. But there is a steep learning curve, we've never been super happy with the billing integration for retainer clients, and the reporting is subpar.

It works great for people who exclusively work on a project-by-project basis. But their "Retainer" integration leaves a lot wanting. It works, but it's not seamless.

Pros

It's really great for projects. The structure for setting up estimates and Jobs and Tasks works great when you're focusing on individual projects.

And creating Tasks are straightforward, we love that you can pass tasks back-and-forth between team members.

We can pretty easily communicate new tasks and jobs/projects to people who don't work in the office. Between Job description, Tasks descriptions and comments on tasks, Notes and comments on notes, and the ability to upload files, there's a lot of power there. Nice to have a track record of things.

And when you're billing for an individual project, the billing function is great.

Cons

Billing for retainer clients is not simple or easy. Integrated billing was a big reason we went with Function Point, and it works great for individual projects, but I think the retainer function was added on as an after thought, and is very clunky. To the point that we're thinking about only using the FP billing feature for projects, and just billing Retainer clients straight out of QuickBooks.

Also, the Reports are fairly worthless. They are so complicated to interpret, and confusing to create. Most of the reports don't pull up in the browser, they are automatic downloads to an .XML file. And some of the files names are completely different from what they are called in Function Point. I once spent half a day trying to recreate a report I had made a few months ago, but could not find the report listed anywhere in the Report section. It took a support ticket for me to find out that even thought the file name that had downloaded with the report was called "Cost Recovery Rate Report By Client", the report I had to run was called "Billable Hours Recovered By Staff".

And the Jobs are pretty great, but it is annoying that you have to create and Estimate every time you create a new job. With Retainer clients, we don't always have to get an estimate approved before we start on a job, so it's just an annoying step. And it's another level of settings you have to go through to get things in the Job right.

Response from Function Point Productivity Software

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us, Jessica. Keep an eye on your inbox for a message from your Customer Success Manager.

Katie S.

• Customer Support Software

Function Point is integral to the organization of our projects.

Reviewed on 2018-06-18

Pros

The customer support for our team has been phenomenal. Our rep listened to our traffic issues and helped us come up with the right solution for our company.

Cons

I wish I could look into analytics on my timesheets. We're always trying to increase efficiency so seeing some sort of chart or graph with my billable vs non billable time over the span of different time periods would be very helpful.

Response from Function Point Productivity Software

Hi Katie, thanks for your kind words here. The great news is that we have the perfect way to visualize your billable/non-billable time over a period of time. Your Customer Success Manager will be reaching out to show you how you can do that in FP!

Cathy W.

• Customer Support Software

This software is very user-friendly and great for our small five-person agency.

Reviewed on 2017-12-11

Pros

It keeps all of us informed on who has the ball in their court with the task assigning. With the ability to comment on a project, all who are working on that exact project will receive the note in their email and can follow along from project start to completion.

Cons

When you create a 'note' on a job, and if you forget to actually 'pin' the note to a person, Function Point will not alert you to say 'oops you forgot to checkmark the person you are sending this note to'.

Response from Function Point Productivity Software

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Cathy. Your feedback about pinning notes has been passed on to our product team for consideration.

Daniel R.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great for small-medium business

Reviewed on 2018-09-07

Pros

I've used FP for 10 years as we've grown from 1 to 12 employees. It's been a lifesaver for proposal writing, time sheet entry and monitoring. Great for consulting firms with a lot of project on the go.

Cons

A few of the reports that the system can generate need some work. Particularly the "Job Summary By Individual". It has a crazy predefined sort order that is not intuitive and doesn't follow Job # sequence! Why?! We use this report every month for invoicing prep. 10 years now and it drives us crazy. Please fix.

Eric Z.

• Customer Support Software

We switched over from wokamajig and couldn't be happier. Mobile app was a great addition.

Reviewed on 2018-06-21

Pros

Tracking a job for progress and financials is a breeze as well as estimating jobs. If everyone uses the way they are supposed to it makes things very efficient.

Cons

I would like a quicker way to sign in. it would be great if there was a way to preview attached files without having to actually download them.

Response from Function Point Productivity Software

Hi Eric, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! We've passed your suggestion to our Product team for consideration.

Jessica F.

• Customer Support Software

It makes our production flow with great efficiency.

Reviewed on 2018-07-16

Pros

The schedule dependencies make my life so much easier! I can manage the work flow from my desk or my phone.

Cons

My least favorite thing is how if I need to update the "Description" box, I have to do it on the Basic Info page, the Schedule - Basic Info page and in the Brief. It would be more convenient if I could update it in 1 place and it would communicate to the other pages.

Katy M.

• Customer Support Software

FunctionPoint is a very powerful tool for project management

Reviewed on 2018-05-08

Pros

I like the organization capabilities for clients and projects best. The Quick Search bar is also super simple and I use it all the time.

Cons

there are some nuances, like needing to create an estimate prior to opening a job, and not being able to copy a project that take a little working around.

Response from Function Point Productivity Software

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, Katy!

Jamie J.

Function Point is great!

Reviewed on 2016-10-01

FP has been a life saver for our agency. We have never been so organized, and we've only being using the system for 3 months. Our Monday morning traffic meetings are a breeze (under 30 minutes, a 10-year record!) , everyone knows exactly what they should be working on, and how long they have to work on it. It helps us forecast ahead, as well as help manage schedules day to day.

Pros

From tracking hours and budgets, to pulling financial reports and staff utilization reports, right now, it is giving us everything we need to run smoothly and effectively.

Cons

There are a few features I think could be upgraded (resources link, scheduling feature) but I know fp is constantly working on making enhancements. Even with the only using fp for 3 months, I've seen new things...keep them coming!

Response from Function Point Productivity Software

Jamie - I'm so glad to hear Sacunas is more organized and effectively than ever. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Keep the suggestions coming, we're definitely glad to hear them.

Sheila S.

• Customer Support Software

Some features are user friendly, and there are reports that are difficult to use

Reviewed on 2018-07-11

Pros

Estimates, Invoices, Fp accounting, List maintenance, printing preferences, subscription management, office preferences, timesheet, service and expense management

Cons

The least thing I like about this software is in the Reports section: Expanded summary, CRM and Sales, Work in Progress, Plan, Analyze.

Sarah A.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

• Customer Support Software

Thomas the great & Isabel (really is an Angel)

Reviewed on 2016-09-20

Isabel has been such a pleasure to deal with.. Any question we have had she has responded and addressed immediately. Thomas has been great to deal with in terms of support - I have already sent him a few inquiries and he responds immediately and has a solution. I have worked for companies with internal Business Analyst support teams and they were/are not as good as the service you provide. thank you for always being available when needed.

Pros

I enjoy the real time data, and the software being online, easily accessible from anywhere with internet. Having the iPhone app is handy too.

Cons

some management reports that I would like to be able to pull in CSV/excel are only available in PDF form. Example - Manage Staff Rates can only be printed in PDF file. it would be great if we could pull a csv - which would make reviewing the rates much easier.

Response from Function Point Productivity Software

Hi Sarah - I really appreciate you taking the time to share a review here. Thanks for your kind words as well as your feedback around pulling reports. Let us know if you ever have other suggestions for how we can make fp. even better!

Vicky N.

Reviewed on 2018-09-07

Pros

It keeps everything very organized for the day. Allows easy tracking of past jobs.

Cons

When I pass a task to someone else, even though I already put my time in, it will read as zero minutes when the task goes over to the other person.

Great agency tool

Reviewed on 2018-06-19

Tracking progress and budgets, great tool for streamlining processes.

Pros

As a user and not as an administrator, it's easy to log time, find tasks and ensure you are within the time budgeted to you.

Cons

The user interface/dashboard could use some upgrading. Also, the amount of clicks that it takes to find what you're looking for can sometimes be frustrating.

Response from Function Point Productivity Software

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Jordi M.

• Customer Support Software

Great ERP for marketing or advertising agencies

Reviewed on 2018-08-30

Overall we have a great experience

Pros

Funcionalities are exactly what a medium - sized marketing or advertising / PR needs

Cons

Ease of use is not always great. Would be great if some focus could be put in there

Jenny S.
  • Industry: Design

FP Review

Reviewed on 2018-09-07

Pros

The wide range of features that it offers.

Cons

The UI is not good... it is hard to navigate - the scheduling piece is particularly tough - I think the system has so much potential but seems to be built from a developers perspective vs a user perspective. I would love to see a more robust and easier to use scheduling feature - and more clear navigation.

Allie B.

Great.

Reviewed on 2018-04-12

Pros

The ease of the primary navigation and the simplicity of timesheet entry. Billing analysis capabilities.

Cons

The search is not always the easiest or most intuitive as it does not always find what you are looking for right away but other than that I can't think of anything.

Response from Function Point Productivity Software

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, Allie!

Dave R.

• Customer Support Software

Seems like a pretty good program. Haven't had any issues with it from my pov. Does its job...

Reviewed on 2018-05-14

This software is great for logging hours on your projects.

Pros

I love the weekly view for logging hours. The daily logo UX is a bit bulky. I'd rather have the option to view weekly instead of daily personally.

Cons

I have issues with duplicate docket alerts. I feel that the dockets or file names should automatically reshuffle to alphabetical order.

Response from Function Point Productivity Software

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, Dave. Keep an eye on your inbox - we'll see what's going on with your docket alerts.

Erika P.

Great system!

Reviewed on 2016-10-18

The folks at fp are always willing to help and take/iterate on product feedback. It is truly refreshing to see a company that cares.

Pros

Always improving

Cons

Sometimes buggy. No real manual to guide you.

Response from Function Point Productivity Software

Hi Erika - thanks for your kind words here. I'm glad you can feel the fp. love! Please let us know if there's ever anything we can do to be more helpful to KDS.