Engagement Cloud

Omnichannel customer engagement platform.

4.3 /5 (161 reviews) Write a Review!
4.3
4.1
4.1
4.2
4.2
Leticia B.
Industry: Design

Easy to navigate and create campaigns. Wish it worked better with magento 2.

Reviewed on 2018-05-07

We were able to send out more emails due to the easy use of the software. Wish other things were improved.

Pros

easy to use. makes it simple for a person who is not very technical to send emails. support is good but only if the same tech person helps you out, seems like if they are not well informed it takes forever to get the help you need. at first our plan was well structured for our needs at the moment however as you grow it seems to be way more difficult to upgrade without having to more then triple your costs. they do not cap your images, so you can add as many images and files sizes you want. other companies like bronto charge you for extra space to upload images. this can be a problem since one day you will have to go into your image archive and delete old images that were used in past emails. so if a customer has your email in the inbox and you delete your images it will display a broken link. campaign reporting is another cool feature but it seems like the company still doesn't really have a good accurate reporting as google analytics so its kinda pointless to have reporting in their platform if they do not have accurate reporting. if you are looking for a platform like this, I suggest you get a plan that allows room for growth. for promoters that like using emojis in their subject lines, this company does offer a good amount of different icons. AB testing is really easy to implement as well. Switching and managing multiple accounts is also easy to use. their mobile features are cool, but are not always coded to adjust to where things don't break or look odd in the emails.

Cons

the platform does not do a good job notifying you if your emails are failing or if data is failing to be collected from orders or customers. Can go months without knowing if something is not working.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Industry: Telecommunications

The Best Customer Support

Reviewed on 2019-09-19

It has been amazing! Their customer support has been bar none! Everytime I have a question someone is a quick chat away and if it's more in depth a ticket is promptly made and taken care of.

Pros

The platform is intuitive and easy to use. The email templates are drag and drop and the possibilities you can do with programs are endless.

Cons

Although the email templates are easy to use, I wish there was a little more customization available.

Chris M.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

Powerful with Some Flaws

Reviewed on 2018-11-20

dotmailer is a great platform that allows for some powerful means of mass messaging/emailing. It took my company quite some time to get onboarded because of the degree of difficulty in setting up the automated campaigns. It would be highly recommended if the interface was cleaned up a bit and the overall UX was better.

Pros

dotmailer has the ability to do most of what you will need out of a marketing automation platform. It can send automated campaigns via email, SMS message and even Facebook Messenger. Once the programs are up and running it is a powerful tool in a company's marketing mix.

Cons

There are two areas that need some improvement. The first is the overall UX. The interface is clunky and sometimes difficult to navigate. Once a user gets a feel for it things get easier, but anytime there's a new functionality I need to explore it takes some time to get the proper feel for it.

Jeff K.

A great tool that's simplified my life as a digital marketing professional.

Reviewed on 2018-02-15

Pros

The user interface is simple to use and offers a great user experience when building email campaigns. The tools provided to build email campaigns make those of us without a design background look like a genius. The drag and drop features make building custom templates a breeze. The simplicity of the interface shouldn't distract from the powerful software that allows for automation email programs.

The customer service is second to none. A top notch support team quickly identifies and resolves any issues. Our customer success manager analyzes our campaigns and provides helpful insights to make each one more effective.

Cons

Until the recent upgrade, the reporting feature left room for improvement. The new version of reporting has a better interface and more robust features and better analytics.

Claire T.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy to use with great support.

Reviewed on 2018-05-07

Pros

It's intuitive and powerful. I can build an automated program to do anything I can imagine with my contacts. The only limits are within the quality of my own data or imagination. If I'm ever stuck on what to do I can get a knowledgable rep on chat within seconds to help.

Cons

The integration with Magento 2.0 leaves something to be desired. It does not pull in sale prices (only MSRP) and it's glitchy to modify the product blocks that pull in dynamic content.

Mark L.

good platform features, good value

Reviewed on 2018-02-15

Pros

Dotmailer features are very competitive and their pricing model is better than those in the competitive landscape.

Cons

The training videos could be better. Platform enhancements often occur without notification or detailed instruction. Support is good.

Melissa S.

Easy to implement, love the triggered campaigns and scheduling features

Reviewed on 2018-05-07

Pros

The main purpose for looking into dotmailer was the integration with Magento This was the main email marketing platform that seemed to work best with our needs with Magento and Salesforce. The implementation team was excellent in their support and testing between both applications and I had complete confidence in their ability!

Cons

Very little to dislike. Would just like the ability to select a campaign to work on and not always have to choose that campaign everytime I work on emails in that campaign. Seems an easy default to add.

Industry: Civic & Social Organization
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

a breath of fresh air

Reviewed on 2018-11-20

The main issue was the platform itself. We used to run our emails using an outdated email platform
(crowd goes "how outdated is it?")
... So outdated that the only way it could run successfully was on classic Internet Explorer with ActiveX controls enabled. Meaning whenever had to be sent out, you will have to fire up a Windows 7 virtual machine that was solely used, to send out marketing emails. And in days when we were in a pinch, and something had to go out immediately, and there was not time to fire up the VM… We had to code the email on sublime text, then copy/paste onto the editor itself… Which was quite laborious.

Let's just say dotmailer solved the usability issue very well

Pros

Mostly it's about customer service. Dotmailer has always met us halfway in being communicative and thorough with us when it comes to providing the solutions to our requests and helping us getting acclimated to the features. It's this kind of tailor-made customer service, that has allowed us to be able to become more acclimated with the system that has allowed us to reach to our constituents and corporate partners with some of the most professional and well-thought marketing campaigns I've seen in years. I also want to give a special tip of the hat to support team from dotmailer.

Cons

That we did not discover the service sooner :)

Rony A.

Great tool

Reviewed on 2018-08-28

Pros

Dotmailer is very flexible and you will have a lot of options for your e-mail campaigns.

Cons

The cost of course. Its not for everyone and especially if you have a large e-mail base.

Justin C.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Easy to Use & Sophisticated

Reviewed on 2016-11-21

I have worked with dotmailer for a year now. They're customer success helped me to create campaigns that improved revenue from email by 98% in 11 months. They also gave me a great discount being a nonprofit. As a marketer and not a programmer, Dotmailer has made it easy for me to create sophisticated & segmented campaigns to reach target different demographics. Any time I have a question or a problem, my customer success manager always helps me to sort it out in a timely manner.

Great Customer Success
Advanced Sophistication

Cons

Lacking integrations with several of the technologies I work with as a nonprofit.
Was quite a jump in price from mailchimp.

Matthew F.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Very Simple and easy to set up email campaigns

Reviewed on 2018-02-15

Pros

Very simple to use interface. The emails are simple to create. Segments are easy to maintain and implement users into specific category. Much cheaper rates than a lot of competitors out there.

Cons

Sometimes the emails seem a little slow to load. Images most specifically. Otherwise the software has no other issues that I see using it on a daily basis.

Annika L.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

I have an overall positive experience with DotMailer.

Reviewed on 2018-05-02

Email our customers in an easy way.

Pros

I used Listrak for years and feel like they were nickel and diming me on everything I wanted to add. The best part of DotMailer is you pay one price and they integrate so nicely with our magento backend.

Cons

It can be difficult to set up the rules for sending out automatic emails with the or and and statements.

David J.
Industry: Automotive

So easy to use even a caveman can do it.

Reviewed on 2018-11-16

What a great company to work with. Contacting support is quick and easy when the rare instance you need to.

Pros

Quite versatile. So many easy to use features. Easy to insert graphics, wonderful template builder, easy to read statistics.

Cons

I can find no major complaints aside from test sends sometimes taking over a hour to arrive.

Addison L.

Best Email Marketing product we have used

Reviewed on 2018-08-17

Our experience with DotMailer has been fantastic. The product is easy to use and full of features. The staff is friendly and supportive.

Pros

The features and automation are excellent

Cons

Price is high especially if we wanted to use it for all of our subsidiary brands

Genevieve F.
Industry: Education Management

I really enjoy dotmailer overall

Reviewed on 2018-02-15

The benefits are the ease of creating templates for emails, the reporting supplied, and the customer support has proved very helpful.

Pros

The ease of use, specifically working with the toolbox. It has made creating email templates much easier than other software we have worked with. In addition, the customer support is very helpful.

Cons

If anything, I suppose I would like even more flexibility in using the toolbox and dotmailer templates.

Michelle B.
Industry: Medical Devices

Dotmailer is helpful.

Reviewed on 2018-06-05

We can easily and quickly create email blasts. Recommended templates are helpful.

Pros

I like the recommended templates that come in Dotmailer. We are excited to implement triggered campaigns.

Cons

Designing can be tricky as Dotmailer uses a very specific code. Can be frustrating until you get the hang of it. Sometimes unexplained errors occur but luckily support is helpful and very quick to respond.

Chris M.
Industry: Wholesale

Excellent group of features and tools with this product

Reviewed on 2018-02-15

We significantly increased our access to features and tools when we went from an entry-level email marketing software to Dotmailer

Pros

We really appreciate the integration with Magento b/c we are able to easily setup data feeds and survey forms

Cons

Its a little challenging to setup Drip Campaigns which would dramatically improve the relevance of our email marketing

Aaron S.
Industry: Sporting Goods

Generally positive for a fully featured email service

Reviewed on 2018-02-15

Pros

The net number of features, all included - so many great ecommerce features are available, but only if you have the infrastructure and time to set up. Magento integration is pretty solid as well and relatively bug free.

Cons

The user experience trails behind other platforms - however, if you are comfortable with a more classic UI, Dotmailer will work wonderfully. Also, it's quite pricey but again, the features are incredible.

Richard W.

Platform interfaces is supper intuitive and easy to use. I love the folders.

Reviewed on 2018-02-23

Quick and easy execution of email campaigns (e-blasts and automation), plus great reporting. Also, easy integration with Shopify.

Pros

Easy to use template and flow builder, folders to organize lists, segments, images, and campaigns. In-depth reporting. Built-in Litmus testing.

Cons

I would love to see the ability to build printable dashboard reports by compiling existing report widgets. Aslo, would be great to have out-of-the-box email flows.

Mitch L.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Dotmailer's product is so much better than their key competitors!

Reviewed on 2018-05-02

We are saving money and improving results.

Pros

The system is very easy to use. Automations are very easy to configure, setup, and start using.
We get results!

Cons

Sometimes scheduling can be wonky. It's a slighty strange that campaigns have to be copied in order to send to multiple time zones at different times, instead of scheduling the same email to send to multiple segments at respective times.

Rob C.
Industry: Retail

Good solution but has its set of issues

Reviewed on 2018-08-23

We have had some significant issues with dotmailer. Our subscriber file was increasing steadily month over month and immediately started to decline or stay flat once we moved to dotmailer a year ago... still not sure we have a great understanding of why/if things are set up correctly. We also had a dramatic recycle bin issue and customer service was helpful but we essentially found the solution.. we had no help from our account rep.

Pros

Setting up and sending an email is very easy.

Cons

Seems difficult to set up and manage audiences and segments. How they are linked to automated programs is confusing.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Brenda M.
Industry: Consumer Services
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Platform

Reviewed on 2018-11-19

Pros

The ease of use, personalization, customer support

Cons

Training could have been better. I learned most of what i know on my own.

Jessica V.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great Product

Reviewed on 2018-11-19

Pros

Easy to use with a great support team for any questions.

Cons

Really liked everything about it, no complaints.

Amy A.

Great

Reviewed on 2018-05-02

Pros

I am still trying to learn this system so there isn't too much I like best right now. I need to familiarize myself more to have positive feedback.

Cons

Not as user friendly as previous email systems. I had more flexibility and we were able to have a payment system along with our or email marketing. It made things so much easier! Constant Contact was more user friendly for our office. If you could get a payment screen with Dotmailer, it would be best!

Dotmailer Review

Reviewed on 2018-11-16

Pros

Good software for Ecommerce Email Marketing

Cons

I did not have any issues with the software.