4.2
4.1
4.2
4.3
Peter K.

SAAS based project management platform, scalable, with team collaboration, great dash-boarding

Reviewed on 2018-01-11

Pros

ease of use
scalable
Social
Service and Support
customizations
Updates
Adaptability
Financial Management

Cons

Cost
Agile framework needs attention
Reporting Graphs are limited in selection
limited amount of Graphs per report
Scheduling options are limited to 24 reports , 1 per hour

Brian B.
Industry: Human Resources

Clarizen a great Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2015-08-18

My team has used Clarizen for a little over a year now. I cannot say enough good things on how well it has done for my team and organizing the implementations of our Software. My team from an employee level up to management are able to use Clarizen to run their individual days and teams.

We implement time and attendance software for clients and use Clarizen to organize our Projects with our specific timelines that we have. Clarizen makes it easy for employees to know exactly where they are at with all of their clients and allows management to easily track the progress of their teams.

Pros

Customization. I cannot say enough on how exceptional the Clarizen technical team is with taking our needs and making them happen in the system. One specific example is I formulated a scoring system for incoming clients that based upon how they were going to use our system would be given a "complexity" score so that I could assign higher level clients to my best employees and lower level clients to my lesser experienced employees. Clarizen took my request that I submitted and within a month had the entire scoring system automated and up and running giving me a fantastic tool to use daily.

Cons

Pricing. Clarizen needs to be able to add options on as fixed costs instead of raising the overall monthly rate. My team doesn't use every aspect of the program so when I need more of just one option in the system I shouldn't have to pay for a higher level across the board with more of all their options when I need just one. I am hoping that can change in the future to meet individual client needs.

Jeffrey D.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Clarizen's deep set of tools

Reviewed on 2015-10-30

We've used Clarizen for a few years now, and it's made a huge difference. I came in with project management experience, but many of our managers were just winging it. We moved from a simple time-tracking application to Clarizen's full fledged Project Management.

That was a bigger step than most were ready for, but it's come into its own. We have visibility to things we didn't have before, and can make data-driven decisions instead of gut-feeling our way along. I've been able to prove that instinct was not the correct choice in many cases.

Clarizen won't tell you what to do, but whatever you want to do, you can probably do it with Clarizen. Other packages I've used gave you a methodology with their software, but Clarizen is flexible, nimble, and robust.

Pros

-Lots of customization
-SQL-like API calls
-Detailed data
-Does what it says on the tin

Cons

-Lack of a canned process for organizations that don't know where to start
-I wish it was cheaper :)

Brian H.
Industry: Building Materials

Full Featured Project Management Software

Reviewed on 2016-12-28

Clarizen is the foundation of our project management process. It provides a wide range of features and customization to support the needs of our design team, project managers, production, upper management and sales staff. With customized reports, each team member can see the data that is important to them. With customized views estimating can see what is important to them, sales can see that they need and project management can see their information. The dashboards are great to show a snapshot of how many projects are doing. It is obvious the people at Clarizen have put a lot of time and effort developing and refining the project management process. It's a great program to get everyone on your team involved

Pros

The almost unlimited features and options

Cons

There are almost too many choices, it takes a while to really gain a full understanding of how everything works

Maria S.
Industry: Computer Software

This is the best project management tool I've used

Reviewed on 2017-07-12

Great visibility into my projects.

Pros

The tool offers A LOT of functionality. As I'm not a system administrator, I am not aware of everything that Clarizen can do, but whenever our admins unleash a new feature, I'm always excited by it. The new Android app is super nice/handy to have, especially for logging time. The support is great: we have logged bugs before, and these are generally resolved very fast. I am not blocked for long whenever something like that happens.

Cons

The fact that there are so many features also has a downside. I feel like there is a lot more to discover, and sometimes, things are no consistent. For example, in some views, I can hide the right-hand vertical "space" (or menu) and in others, I can't. I also find that column resizing is quite burdensome, and I have to resize columns in multiple views (it doesn't propagate.)

Sean W.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Clarizen, Versatile and Powerful!

Reviewed on 2016-07-18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

There are two things I Love about Clarizen. First, their staff, friendly, helpful and fulfilling the companies position of customer success. This couldn't be more important in making Clarizen a valuable tool for my company. Two, configuration! tired of wrapping your companies processes around a a software's functions? We were too, and with Clarizen's customization functions we were able to wrap it around our processes. This made for seamless integration into our ecosystem and simplistic integration into employees daily life.

Cons

There isn't much to say here. Clarizen is a great tool and if leveraged properly will become the best tool in your arsenal.

Industry: Automotive

Intuitive, Flexible, yet Powerful

Reviewed on 2016-02-05

Clarizen is a great solution, which is proving to be an invaluable tool within our business. Despite having some very strictly defined processes that Clarizen were required to include, all of these were developed efficiently in full collaboration, even ensuring that developments were future proofed to ensure continued use with no requirement to pay out for additional development.

The layout and ‘look and feel’ is crisp and clean while virtually everything on the page can be configured to ensure that it best fits the user’s requirements. Before implementing Clarizen it was difficult to get true visibility of how the portfolio of projects sat, where potential conflict of resourcing would occur. With the powerful calendar and resource tools that come as standard in Clarizen it has become easy to see these potential issues earlier, allowing for a more planned response which ultimately benefits our customers and strengthens our brand.

Pros

Flexible and easy to use. Social interaction, with in-context discussion panels for all projects and tasks. Easy monitoring of time submissions. Great (and expanding) set of modules (Apps) that can be deployed to further enhance the solution.

Cons

Reporting tools are still lacking, but this is actively being addressed with regular updates and improvements released.

Jonthan W.

Clarizen for Change, Progress, and Satisfaction

Reviewed on 2016-07-21

Clarizen allows our project managers to effectively manage and schedule action items to ensure completion dates are met and project dependencies do not go unnoticed. With Clarizen our team excels to meet deadlines and ensure client satisfaction.

Pros

The ability to schedule and create task dependencies, view road maps of project progress, track time per individual project tasks, and report on a managers current work load.

Cons

The ability to learn and grasp concepts for project scheduling and schedule management. PRO TIP: Use templates and other built in task management features to effectively plan and project a projects plan.

Jessica R.

Clarizen was selected as the PSA for my company and I've been the main administrator for a few years

Reviewed on 2018-06-07

Pros

Customizable
User friendly
Web access
Easy to scale as our company and departments grow
Can be customized for various use cases

Cons

Doesn't function well with detailed project plans. If you want to push the dates of s project out or adjust a schedule, it's difficult if you have too many tasks

Rachel S.

Clarizen - Work and Project Management

Reviewed on 2011-12-28

The best project management solution for team work!
Clarizen's cloud based SaaS software is easy to use, without needing any technical support. It is the best choice for Project Managers who run multiple projects and/or have a team of people working from different locations.
Real time visibility means everyone can see exactly what the team is working on, ensuring that time and resources are not wasted.
Managers get a full picture of the project, while team members only see what they need to know. Communication is easy with built in email, chat and notes.
Everyone's tasks are clearly defined and deadlines are visible, via the Dashboard.
A project can be planned, with a time line and milestones, so it is easy to see where you are holding, and which tasks have been assigned to each team member.
In general, Clarizen's project management program can help you become more efficient by ensuring that all team members have the same information, and time and money are not being wasted.

Pros

Progress reports and reviews with real time data.
Easy collaboration and communication between team members.
Great online support team and webinars.
Easy to track budget, time and resources from the same home page.

Cons

Clarizen's features mean that if you have a small, simple project that only needs a team of 2 or 3, Clarizen is probably too powerful.

Sarah J.

A Powerful Suite Backed By an Excellent Team

Reviewed on 2018-03-12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The system allows you to create a project that is as complex or as simple as you desire. They have the capability for very complex projects.

Cons

Support for custom project hierarchies based on users or their groups. This would allow separate business units to see project categories without seeing the projects within those categories.

Stephen G.
Industry: Management Consulting

Yet to find a better work and project management app

Reviewed on 2016-07-14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It is the most complete and flexible solution I've used that allows me to collaborate with the teams and to get their progress updates.

Multi-location, multi-team, multi-currency and timezone. Cost, price and profitability are clear. Run it agile or waterfall or both. Portfolio views, loads of integrations and loads of apps...

Cons

My only gripe is not being able to pay in Australian dollars...

Nicholas O.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Good tool to manage tasks and projects.

Reviewed on 2015-06-02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like how easy it is to manage projects, tasks, and the effects of their inter-dependencies. You can also create project templates for the very intricate recurring projects.

Cons

There could be more customization/flexibility, similar to what Salesforce provides for their products.

Nathan D.

Flexible yet Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2016-04-25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Clarizen has an immediate ease of use due to its familiar user interface. If you've used popular social media sites you'll easily be able to start using Clarizen right away. I love that we can customize and extend the features with workflows, validations and automations.

Cons

Clarizen is not the cheapest solution out there - but you really pay for what you get. We've tried other products, including cloud based PPM systems and did not like them as well.

John S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Greatly enhanced our internal communication

Reviewed on 2018-03-12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We have many workers that are remote and live across the country. Clarizen has help connect us on project so much you wouldn’t know we are not all in the same office.

Cons

We’re able to manage workflows in the solution really well, however integrating external application workflows is difficult and can be challenging.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Sean W.
Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Clarizen is a great tool for our PMO

Reviewed on 2015-08-13

Clarizen is a versatile an flexible offering that one will not regret implementing into their organization. I often say to people that ask what the best part of Clarizen is that "Clarizen wraps around your business processes rather than force you to bend them around it". This has got to be the most important consideration in my opinion. There are many great features of Clarizen, the API, interact, social collaboration and much more. I would suggest to anyone looking for a new software tool or replacing an existing to get on the free trial, speak with a Success Manager at Clarizen and really give it a good test drive.

Pros

Flexible, API, Interact, Social Collaboration and easy customization.

Cons

There are not many and I should point out here that Clarizen is actively enhancing this product and very receptive to their clients issues and recommendations.

Caitlin D.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Detailed Project Management Tool with Quirks

Reviewed on 2014-11-07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Clarizen is a great way to organize your workload, ensure deadlines, manage clients, and assign work. It has a lot of options for leaving detailed information about tasks, pulling charts and data to enable you to plan for new hires based on workload and more.

Cons

With the new releases, it has gotten less buggy, but sometimes the interface isn't the most user-friendly, and getting an accurate picture of workload hasn't always been the easiest. Still, this is getting better.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Qiang M.
Industry: Management Consulting

Great tool for collaborative projects

Reviewed on 2018-10-03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It offers some nice features for scheduling, planning and managing workflow. Although it may take some time to learn how to use these features, the payoff can be substantial. And I also like the fact that some of the features are highly customizable.

Cons

This software can be slow if you use IE as your browser. The price can be a little expensive for the functions that our business need to use.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Sunny A.

Very collaborative tool

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018-03-19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Clarizen is a very collaborative tool in our business for project management. very customizable tool. i would like to recommend others.

Cons

good functionality but tracking can be improve. it is difficult for a manager to see his staff's dashboard.

Taylor W.
Industry: Research

Clarizen for Project Management Newbies

Reviewed on 2014-05-29
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The software is very user-friendly, and there are numerous training tools available to learn how to use the software. The vendor was very attentive without being overly pushy during our search time.

Cons

The software is a bit overwhelming for a group that has never used a program like this. We have to spend some time sifting through what is important for our functionality and what can be implemented later.

Chad W.

Clarizen for consulting services

Reviewed on 2014-04-01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The ability to pull together all discussions in the work environment and not "waste" any feedback from our staff is a great resource saver. When discussing ideas, projects, issues, challenges, etc., having it all on record really helps with lessons learned and refining project templates going forward.

Cons

The licensing model is a bit awkward when adding licenses to an existing account. The Gantt functionality is outdated. The lack of an "undo" for small changes is sometimes troublesome.

Sarah O.

Took Our Project Management to the Next Level

Reviewed on 2015-07-27

I've enjoyed working with the system so far. It's pretty easy to use as a team member but I deducted a star because there's an incredible amount to learn and understand from an admin perspective. The settings and options allow for a lot of enhancements/customizations, but with that comes a lot to learn and figure out when you're in charge of the environment.

My team is about one month into our rollout so we have some minor hiccups as we all get familiar with it, but the Clarizen customer service team is top-notch and helps answer our questions right away. The support provided is vital to success - from the customer service rep assigned to your account to the webinars offered (Office Hours, topical tutorials, and more).

Industry: Computer Software

3 stars for a very clunky tool

Reviewed on 2018-12-19

Pros

It's a great tool for project managers who are married to SLA times and making sure employees are not overworked or overloaded with assignments.

Cons

It's an incredibly clunky tool for the average user. I really don't like having to toggle back and forth between my task and the larger parent task. I also wish that the chat stream had better functionality and was easier to read.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Tony laban

Clarizen Does it All

Reviewed on 2014-09-16

Clarizen is an intuitive, easy to learn and professional cloud based project management application that will improve the effectiveness of any organization. You can use it on your computer, tablet or smartphone and gives you everything you need to create and monitor a project. It also tracks staff timesheets, project budgets, resource allocation, Gantt charts, roll ups project progress reports and integration to Salesforce as well. They have thought of just about everything, their support and training is stellar and their people are always there to help and support their clients. You can't do better than Clarizen!

Pros

Feature rich, easy to learn, mutli platform, great UI and reporting.

Cons

None

Gabriel S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Look No further Than Clarizen

Reviewed on 2016-06-17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Robust, configurable, and affordable! Clarizen was our project management trifecta! We chose Clarizen for its web-based, real-time performance. Not only can our team efficiently execute a project, our clients can check our progress, communicate changes, and parse information on the fly which means we spend less time talking and more time doing. And did I mention you can use it on any mobile device? Sweet!

Cons

Support could be a little better and the reporting needs some improvement but updates are regular and these issues aren't major, at least for us.