Circle

The all-in-one platform for world-class community builders

4.7/5
4.6/5
4.8/5
Customer Support Software
4.8/5

• Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

A robust, full-featured community solution

Reviewed on 1/17/2023

Pros

When I say Circle is "Facebook-like" I mean it as a compliment. I believe a lot of modern social community solutions like Discord, Slack, or member platforms like Patreon don't have the proper feel of being a "destination" or home for a community. Circle has this, and has features for just about every type of community interaction you would like to create.

Cons

The subscription is on the high side compared to member platforms like Patreon and Supercast (and especially Discord), but I hope this sets a high bar for their feature delivery and customer service.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

• Customer Support Software

So Happy we went with Circle!

Reviewed on 1/12/2023

Overall - I looked at a lot of membership platforms and since have joined many as a member, and I am so happy with circle. When I get the invite to join another circle community I'm thrilled they are using the platform.

Pros

Circle has EXCELLENT support and a community to help you really develop your community and strategy to help your members. The platform is always innovating and releasing new features and listening to what people would like. Their customer support will even follow up on requests you made months ago just with suggestions when those ideas are implemented. Plus ongoing weekly training and office hours have helped so much as we worked out how our membership would look.

Cons

There is a LOT to go into building a community, and Circle appreciates that and is there to help. We would have liked to have launched our community faster but they are doing everything I feel they can to support us through this process and to truly do it right!

uuki

Reasons for Choosing Circle

We were originally going to use facebook but started researching options. Circle has so many more features.

Reasons for Switching to Circle

We had a tremendously helpful call with circle when we were in our demo period and he had taken the time to research communities similar to ours to showcase what was possible, and had an answer to every one of our questions.
Jessa
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

• Customer Support Software

Excellent for a lot of use cases but lacking some core features

Reviewed on 1/12/2023

Overall I think Circle is a good value for it's cost and is suitable for a lot of folks who have smaller communities or who focus on a membership-based business. They seem very product driven in their approach and committed to delivering new features and improving on a continual basis.

Pros

Circle was very easy to onboard and integrate. The company is very involved in their own community, and seemed to be extremely engaged with user feedback and activating on it. We've been live for 7 months now and many of the features I was disappointed weren't available have already been pushed live, with more on their roadmap coming in the next several months.

Cons

Out of the box, it's very easy to use but only comes with one template making all Circle communities look very homogenous and restricted in customizations. The analytics dashboard is sorely lack and needs a complete overhaul. Very little access to editing user profiles on the backend. Not great for content organization with lack of content tags or a knowledgebase template to organize FAQs or content libraries.

Susan

• Customer Support Software

Circle is the all-in-one user friendly platform I'd been looking for for years!

Reviewed on 1/11/2023

I absolutely love the Circle platform, but even more, the staff at Circle!

Pros

Circle is intuitive, the customer support is fantastic, and they walk their talk creating an incredible community of Circle users!

Cons

So far, I haven't found anything I've disliked. Any help I've needed has been addressed with Circle support and in a friendly and timely manner, too!

Shelly

We love Circle!

Reviewed on 1/10/2023

It has been great! A lot of learning and trying things out but so much fun and I feel my creative juices flowing when I am building and thinking of how best to set up and use this platform for hosting our community. It is just what we needed!

Pros

The Circle team, customer support, layout and support material is AMAZING! Mostly I love the Circle team members and how they engage with us! I feel so supported and celebrated! I can't wait to see how far this platform goes! I am a big big fan of Circle!

Cons

Maybe just the newness of this platform for users, but I think everyone will get onboard soon enough. And not being able to see other Communities inside a directory or list inside Circle.

Yvonne

The Journey With Circle

Reviewed on 1/10/2023

Pros

It’s refreshing to have a space in which we can build engaging communities while we actively live into the purpose of adding value to those we connect with and serve. That there isn’t the toxic environment found on other platforms makes it a joy to be here. We look forward to all the ways we’ll be able to do our work as Circle continues to grow in the tools offered to community builders/curators.

Cons

I personally need to spend more time on the platform as we grow - and don’t yet have a least liked thing about it.

Hamza

• Customer Support Software

SO grateful to have found Circle!

Reviewed on 1/13/2023

Best customer service and quality product (hard to find these days)

Pros

The ease of use, features to run and scale my business, sales process, support, and customization.

Cons

This is the best platform and had pretty much everything on my list AND for such an affordable price! Their staff are great and the product is quality compared to what else is out there. I would love phone support but other than that it's great and they continue to add features I need. Their roadmap and pipeline for new features already has whatever I would have considered "missing" on my wish list.

Disciple and Mighty Networks

Reasons for Choosing Circle

Ready to monetize my community to be able to serve more people and keep them distraction free from the algorithm and anxiety scroll on Facebook. I need then committed to my coaching program.

Reasons for Switching to Circle

Value, features and customer service
Lara

• Customer Support Software

Great platform, easy to navigate and beautifully designed

Reviewed on 1/12/2023

I enjoy running my community here and love the team who are very attentive. The platform is great, so easy to use and set up.

Pros

I love the navigation and ease of use, it's beautiful and very user friendly

Cons

Updates which mean I lose features or have to update whole group spaces due to the the styling updates. Also there are glitches which means sometimes I see things that are incorrect or inaccurate which causes confusion and frustation

Eric

• Customer Support Software

Must have for online community builders

Reviewed on 1/12/2023

Overall, I feel that Circle is a bargain. What you get for the price you pay is unmatched for this type of software.

Pros

I love how beautiful the UI is for the this software. The UX is also intuitive and constantly be improved upon every year.

Cons

I feel like they could work on have direct integrations with other software rather than having to use third-party glue platforms like Zapier or Make.

Leonard

Excellent

Pros

The software is very simple and easy to use and easy to setup the different functionality in the platform

Cons

I have no issue with Circle software this far, the creators did a great job building the platform

Lesli

• Customer Support Software

Incredible product & community building tool!

Reviewed on 1/25/2023

Impeccable. [sensitive content hidden]—our dedicated Community rep for our Enterprise Plan is so sharp, has taken the time to get to know what we are doing and how we want to do it so that he can best support and guide our building out of the content. He’s also amazing around helping us understand and navigate the features (I’m a true tech dufus, but the features do seem easy to access and manage even for someone like me). Big shout out to [sensitive content hidden]!!!

Pros

The features and how all kinds of content can be published & organized are incredible. Incredible product/community building tool with all the best of other social sites without the data-mining, lack of control over who sees what & when and all the other “BS.” Circle is the cream of the crop!

Cons

So far, nothing. Very grateful that the app is now on Android and look forward to when more of the features—for the product builders & community managers are available on pads!

Anna

• Customer Support Software

Great platform for community management!

Reviewed on 1/18/2023

Pros

Love the clean look and feel of the product.

Cons

Real time chat is a bit bulky and missing a few valuable features.

Slack