Prism

Expect more from your building operations.

4.7/5
4.4/5
4.4/5
Customer Support Software
4.5/5

Ralph

Excellent

Reviewed on 2017-10-24

Make doing preventative maintenance a lot easier

Pros

Overall quality, user friendly and make changes on the fly. awares ability to adapt improvise and overcome any obstacles

Cons

we would like to see aware incorporate a round, inspection and meter reading module along with an electronic log book

Kenneth

Done Right Building Services

Reviewed on 2016-09-19

Pros

We have been using the Aware Manager program for the past Five years and we love the functionality of the sytem. We also enjoy the trending and tracking capabilities along with the detailed reports that are generated for our customers and clients.
Having multiple field account locations with only two field operations managers trying to cover multiple states would be a nightmare without the Aware Manager program. This program has allowed our company to reduce cost and maximize our effeciency all at the click of a button and our account managers and technical support team are extremely knowledgable and compentent of all aspects of the system. Whenever I have a question or need to further my knowledge of the systems capability, they are always available to assist. I would highly recommed Aware Manager to any company that manages multiple sites and locations.

Cons

We all know that all program systems have minor problems however I have not been able to identify any that relates directly to my service line. Furthermore, I am happy to say that I have given them a wish list of additional items or tasks that I would like to see the system be able to provide me that is specifically catered to my line of business and their data programmer was able to create and write a new program to meet my needs.

Tiffany
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Customer Service Lacking

Reviewed on 2019-06-11

Overall, the software is fine for it's intended purpose. It has glitches and issues like any software program and I go through a yearly back and forth with BE over these issues. Here's the problem: Customer service and care is greatly lacking. Every year at some point I stop receiving guest arrival notifications. My first step is to contact the building I work in (it's a J. Hancock tower in Chicago) to let them know of the issue (as we are a tenant in a building that uses BE software). After they have very little luck in getting help they pass the ball to us to reach out to BE ourselves. I am usually met with the same canned response every year to do ABC first and make sure before they begin "wasting" their time looking into our issue. So I make sure that ABC is done and determine that is not the problem. Then at some point, after they have suggested a few more things to fix our issue determine that the problem is user error and they close out the ticket stating that I'm not using their software correctly. I've been a user of the software for 5+ years. I have kept all of our email threads with all of this back and forth and looking back, I can see that every year it is the same from them and it always turns out that the issue ISN'T user error in the end. This year I'm having trouble even getting anyone to respond to my emails about our current issue (no guest arrival notifications for OVER 1 MONTH). Unacceptable.

Pros

It's simple to use and has very basic features that anyone should be able to easily understand.

Cons

The occasional glitches where guest arrival notifications aren't working.

• Industry: Tobacco
  • Used for 2+ years

Building Engines

Reviewed on 2019-02-08

I have not had any problems with Building Engines. I appreciate the ease of making service requests as well as the convenience of simply logging in and reporting a problem. It's a one stop shop for all of your service needs.

Pros

Part of my job is office management and if there are any issues with our leased office space, we use Building Engines to communicate these issues to the property management company. It's very easy to use and gives you the ability to make any request you may need. Once you log in and make a service request, it is immediately assigned to the appropriate person and they will schedule you in. We recently had an issues with spiders and through Building Engines we simply noted that we had a pest control issue and they sent a contractor out to assist.

Cons

Once your request has been assigned there are no updates in-between when you submitted the request and when the contractor shows up. So, for example, if the building maintenance person has numerous tenants i front of you, it could be a couple of days before he can install new lights. You do not receive any updates as to when approximately you can expect to be helped.

Leonardo

• Customer Support Software

I have been working 3 years with this software with no problems so far.

Reviewed on 2018-04-30

Manage request from tenants, you can create work orders, can create recurent maintenance, can atennd tenants faster, can track your Works, provide a better and organized service to your client, can vizualice the data of your building in a better way ( aware IQ), you can provide to your tenant a technological solutions qith QR codes, móvil App.

Pros

Technical support is very good, always available, fast answer and you can customice to your needs. Additionally, is funtional that you can connect Móvil App, Web page with the software that manage the local staff on the daily operations.

Cons

Well one thing that I have found is, that you can not adjust documents or Files or pictures when you create a maintenance. Additional the box to write the description of that maintenance is too short.

Good Software for Property Management Teams

Reviewed on 2019-02-02

It is a very solid working platform. However, recently they have been having issues with their email service provider sending administrators email notifications for tenant work orders. Despite this minor hiccup, support has been great and you can literally chat with support for troubleshooting online within seconds!

Pros

It’s a pretty intuitive platform that is easy to navigate on managements side, as well as in the tenants side. It’s a great place for tenants to place work orders and make reservations for amenities, as well as for management to track leases, insurance, billing and correspond with tenants.

Cons

You have to contact support to give another administrator permissions, which isn’t made clear during initial use. It’s also annoying that in order to track subcontractors COIs, you have to make a whole profile for them and go through all of this set up as if they were vendors provide a lot of irrelevant information.

Grant
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

This software is easy to use and easy to customize to suit your needs

Reviewed on 2017-10-30

it is easily configured to suit the need of the user.

Pros

The things that I like most about this software is that they are always improving it. I like that the software can be configured so that you can use it as a paperless system by utilizing the Mobile app.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like about the software is that you are not able to print forms to a file rather than printing a hard copy and then having to scan the document to a file.

Tommy

Great Customer service, great product

Reviewed on 2018-04-30

it helps us run our buildings

Pros

The Software does everything and more, The company is open to customer requests and adds them to development pipe line

Cons

Software would be a lot less maintenance if it was not JAVA base, so i would like to see it NOT java based.

Jimmy

• Customer Support Software

Excellent work order system!

Reviewed on 2015-11-10

Pros

Really easy-to-use work order submittal. Simplifies the process for tenants and property management. We also have a secure building, and the visitor access functionality is great- tenant's can add a single visitor at a time, bulk add a list, or set up a recurring visitor (so they don't have to enter it every time). Everything is routed directly to lobby security- very streamlined process.

Cons

The support team is awesome. We were sad that our account rep was switched though...

Ermin

Great service and Reporting

Reviewed on 2016-09-15

Pros

The Aware team has been very quick to respond to any issues I have had. The service is truly great and the report you are able to complete for clients is something I value immensely and I know my clients feel the same way. We were able to receive much support for Kelly and Alex on getting one of our sites set up and they took the time out of their day to come and meet with us in Vermont.

Cons

I cant think of any complaints about this. I have very little to no issues and those were resolved right away.

Amy
  • Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

All in one building management solution - highly customizable

Reviewed on 2017-11-02

Pros

The software is highly customizable which a great perk to allow you to mold the software to work for you and your processes. Having everything in one system along with the ability to link work with vendors, cost, contracts, insurance, equipment, and inventory makes the software a great asset. The other bonus is the folks at Aware Manger they are open to adding features and working with to improve their software, which is a win win for everyone. Clients get issues addressed and the software gets better and better. They are also a great resource for help with the system and coming up with solutions. There improvements to the mobile platform is a game changer, ease of use along with the ability to capture data, and ability to customize the app has allowed us to increase our use of the system. The way the software is set up allows you to customize the end users experience from level of access, down to granular types of work classifications, location, as well as customizing each users view information and entry.

Cons

The desktop version of the application can intimidating to users not use to a database environment, utilizing web forms and mobile are better options to increase end user adoptions. The software only allows you to work in one capsule at a time. When dealing with connected data it helps to be able to move fluidly through capsule location. There is a work around but it could be better. The software could use a better budget tracking tool for the detailed users.

Persis
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Has a lot of capability but clunky to use

Reviewed on 2018-04-27

Pros

There are so many ways to customize to each user's needs. It's great that we can have so many features in one place.

Cons

When we need a specific type of thing set up it's not always straight forward. The techs make work arounds that then become obsolete later on but the legacy of the work around stays making the system clunky and it's easy for new users to get bogged down with all the steps.

Jesse

Technology for Great Service

Reviewed on 2015-11-04

Pros

We pride ourselves on being a company that is on the cutting edge of technology. Building Engines' Mobile Platform and reporting options give us the ability to realize that commitment and help us to be a premier property management company. The mobile allows us to respond to service requests immediately even when we aren't at a computer. A notification will come through on a device and our maintenance staff is off and running while letting our residents know they are being taken care of.

Cons

There have been times when a new release has come out where, in order for the app to continue working, the solution was deleting the app and downloading it again.

Rick

Great Application!

Reviewed on 2015-11-03

Pros

Building Eninges' mobile app is excellent for use with their work order system; allowing our maintenance staff to acknowledge a request in real time and address it immediately. As a company we believe Building Engines is an excellent tool to improve efficiency and transparency when it comes to showing tenants how productive we are.

Cons

Sometimes I find myself wishing the software could do something different or more just to find out it does and I just wasn't aware. Finding a way to address all the little add-on features to the main product would be a great improvement.

valerie
  • Industry: Sports
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

simple to learn and easy to navigate.

Reviewed on 2017-05-11

Pros

anyone can be taught in a day to use Aware Manager. I have taught a few co-workers how to use and they were able to generate work orders and reports immediately.

Justine

Great ticketing system

Reviewed on 2017-07-11

Pros

I like the ease of submitting tickets. I've been using the system for two years and have never had a problem with it.

Cons

Recently a square pop-up pops up on the desktop version to download the app. It pops up every single time, even though I'm not on a phone, and even if I have pop-ups disabled.

Sam
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

Excellent platform and event better service provided!

Reviewed on 2018-04-25

Pros

-User friendly
-Ability to customize fields
-Multiple platforms available for us
-Reporting functions
-Service provided

Cons

I don't have many critiques of AwareManager's platforms utilized. As with anything, the system takes time to fully understand and implement.

Nil

Hands down best support

Reviewed on 2015-10-27

Pros

There are many options for reaching support, online tickets, call, chat, etc. Most questions are resolved by a live person immediately. They are always willing and flexible to listen and look for a work around if the system can't currently do what we are asking for.

We used the Visitor Access feature a lot- completely streamlined the process and integrated with our lobby security.

Cons

There is not much that I didn't like. I found it very easy to use.

peter
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 2017-10-24

improved reporting of business results. able to add on other departments easily

Pros

Mobile technology, reporting were the features that caused us to select aware manager. Preventive maintenance is also high on the list.

Cons

It was very painful to implement due to your project team. Aware manager had no good project implementation methodology to use. This should be a repeatable solution and waasnt for you. Also, we were promised features in Aware Manager that didn't exist at the time.

Mazen
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Helpful software and an affordable price

Reviewed on 2017-12-06

Great Software, provided all what we need at a reasonable fee.

Pros

Ease of use.
Interactive Interface which makes your work faster.
Help and support are very reliable.
fast respond.

Cons

Need some additional features to cover certain functionalists
should support more languages.
It would be better if interface are made more flexible to re-arrange.

• Industry: Environmental Services

Effective for submitting work orders

Reviewed on 2018-04-14

Pros

The ease of submitting work orders is great, and our building has set it up with a comprehensive category list.

Cons

The interface is clunky and occasionally buggy. It's not easy to check the status or see comments on work orders you've submitted at a glance. Preferences for emails are not very customizable.

Cindy

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2016-09-14

Pros

We have been using this system throughout our portfolio for almost 8 years now. Their support staff has changed, but is always available and helpful with any questions/concerns we might experience.

Cons

There is nothing at this time that would fall under this category.

Kim

Continuous Improvement and Innovation

Reviewed on 2015-11-03

Pros

What impresses me most about Building Engines is not only how quickly and painlessly they converted our new buildings to their platform, but also their commitment to continuous innovation and improvement.

Cons

I'm very happy with Building Engines and at the moment nothing comes to mind!

Ralph
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Worke with Aware Manage fo the past 15 Years CMMS, Project management,

Reviewed on 2016-09-19

Pros

extensive knowledge, experience and professionalism is a tremendous asset When working with the individuals from aware management.

Cons

That they are not based in new York so I can see them more

Ryan
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 2018-07-31

It makes doing my job easier. I'm able to submit requests without drafting emails or sitting on hold.

Pros

Everything I need to do is accessible and easy to understand. The inclusion of a mobile app makes making reservations and submitting requests all the more convenient.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit glitchy, but that is probably user error. I really don't have much to say that would be a negative.