SumUp

We believe in the everyday hero

4.1/5
4.1/5
4.3/5
Customer Support Software
4.0/5

• Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

Debitoor for the freelancer who wants to keep up to date with their business

Reviewed on 2020-03-31

Debitoor is used by our one man business clients. We have found that they are able to see what is happening in their businesses from a financial perspective using this software. We then halp them with more detailed reporting and statutory reporting on a monthly basis.

Pros

Debitoor is great for our clients that run their own businesses as a one man show. They use it to send invoices to clients when onsite and when they are not onsite the software can tell you when your client has received and opened your invoice. This is great for small one man businesses as one can then immediately follow up on when payment will be made.

Cons

Debitoor does not allow for the full accounting function to be done on it, but it is a great tool for a one man business to have so they keep up to date with what is happening in the business as well as for simple cash flow and income statement reports .

Lindsey

• Customer Support Software

Good all round payment system, highly recommended

Reviewed on 2023-01-13

Very good and easy use for first time users.

Very good and easy use for first time users.

Pros

Good all round payment system, highly recommend for small/first time business owners. Also larger business owners too. Charges are inexpensive and the system is small, compact, easy to use and the battery is good and lasts me about 3 days before needing a recharge.

Cons

Not really many cons to look at unless you are paying for both this system and a booking system which also takes payment.... Then it's double charges. Other than this all good.

Johnny
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Disgusting service

Reviewed on 2023-01-23

The worst company for communication and customer service ever !!!

The worst company for communication and customer service ever !!!

Pros

Awful service disgusting customer service worst ever experience

Cons

Everything the worst company ever I have used disgusting customer service

Tobias
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

Usable for the entire company

Reviewed on 2019-07-08

I am self-employed and do all my corporate accounting (simple accounting) and tax reporting. My tax consultant checks my entries and uses them to prepare the annual balance sheet. I also fully automate the respective advance return for sales tax with Debitoor.

Pros

I like that with Debitoor you can basically do all the bookkeeping. This ranges from the recording of expenses and revenues to the calculation of company balance sheets and the advance return for sales tax. My tax advisor is fine with her own login and can export all data, etc. This is very convenient.

Cons

In some places it is a bit difficult to understand the interface. Sometimes it is not the system's fault but also the EU's bills. Sometimes you get confused with the taxes. The OCR scanning of expense receipts is not always correct for automatic recognition.

James
James
  • Industry: Farming

• Customer Support Software

Great product but can improve

Reviewed on 2019-02-07

Taking payments from various credit and debit cards. But we are seasonal so having a monthly fee was not cost effective. This product solved that issue.

Pros

Ease of use when it works. simple pricing structure.
Nice interface and like the ability to create shop items and groups.

Cons

Reporting in web interface is very limited. Sales and revenue reports need to be customisable. Items defined in the shop need to be reporting on as configured in their groups. Otherwise what is the point of having groups in the POS software/
Would be good if there was a web version that can integrate with online payment systems so that I only need to preocess reports from 1 system rather than 2
Blue tooth connecting is very flakey. Especially when pairing with another device. We have had lots of issues getting blue tooth connection to work and stay working.

Perfect for small companies

Reviewed on 2019-08-02

Pros

no monthly fee, just a ver small percentage of income which is taken before it goes into account. cheaper than any band or world pay option for small companies. machine is also portable and stylish

Cons

nothing. does exactly what I need. wouldn't change anything

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Payment processing

Reviewed on 2022-10-13

Pros

It's simple to take customer card payment wherever you are. You just need the handheld device

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to reach customer support and the chatbot is useless.

William

• Customer Support Software

very usefull and high quality German accounting tool.

Reviewed on 2019-07-04

Debitoor saves a lot of Time if you use it in your Small to Medium Business Case, you can manage your Income and Costs in one online platform, also the User Experience is very nice.

Pros

The perfect Integration in other tools and bank accounts like Elster and Kontist.

Cons

The Customer Support has not a good knowledge base about their tool, when I had questions I had to help me by myself.

Philipp
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Reviewed on 2019-07-04

Creating invoices, paying my taxes, managing my contacts - that all is much easier and faste with Debitoor.

Pros

It's easy, it's fast and contains many functionalities that easy my working day

Cons

Once you selected the way to pay your taxes, you cannot reverse it but have to create a new account

Thorsten

• Customer Support Software

easy and fast billing / invoice software

Reviewed on 2019-07-04

Pros

You can write a new invoice for a new customer in a few minutes !

Cons

You can do the complete accounting with his software, but I still use an easy excel-chart for this.

Teresa

Sumup

Reviewed on 2022-09-10

It is a great piece of kit for a small cost to the business.

It is a great piece of kit for a small cost to the business.

Pros

It’s easy to input sales, and also create payment links if you are having an issue with the card machine.
The variety of features such as gift vouchers and online shop are great.

Cons

There is no user guide to let you know how the gift cards work, and it’s a bit fiddly.

Koch
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

Price / performance is good. Easy work.

Reviewed on 2019-07-04

It would be nice if it is saved automatically. Often it happens if not cached, everything has to be entered again.Otherwise, I am convinced of the simplicity. Sufficient for my company size. Price performance fits.

Pros

easy
After a short training and data maintenance, easy work possible.
Great support. Reaction very fast and helpful.

Cons

inflexible
Adjustments to your own templates would be nice, but as far as it is, can be worked well.

Micheli

• Customer Support Software

I love the SUMUP application, I use it for online sales without the machine

Reviewed on 2022-11-30

Only compliments, great experience with many sales and profits.

Only compliments, great experience with many sales and profits.

Pros

The best things about SUMUP are the low interest rates, the buyer installment options, the option to split the fees between seller and buyer and the ease of use of the application

Cons

I have no complaints about this application, it was indicated by a friend and I have been using it for more than two years

Joerg
  • Industry: Information Services

• Customer Support Software

Top features for the money

Reviewed on 2019-07-04

Using it for some months now with three different businesses. Top value for my money.

Pros

Web and App at the same time. Easy to use with direct access to my bank account.

Cons

Nothing discovered yet. Using it nearly every day.

Gerald
  • Industry: Photography

(nearly) the perfect solution

Reviewed on 2019-07-04

I use debitoor for my photography business and I like it because it's one place for my whole office work

Pros

easy to use and no server problems. very good help if you've questions

Cons

mails sent directly via debitoor are often marked as spam

Sven
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Quality execution of too few features

Reviewed on 2020-01-18

While its overall quality is great, Debitoor doesn't help out in nearly enough ways to be considered a complete book-keeping solution for small businesses who need to digitally report tax information. If you outsource the entirety of that work to an accountant who also works with Debitoor, that might be different, but if your starting out doing as much of the work as possible by yourself, Debitoor is not the way to go.

Pros

Debitoor makes basic accounting, invoicing & payments really easy. Its UI & apps are really intuitive and easy to use and a greate way to get started when first launching a business / freelance endeavour.

Cons

Debitoor sadly does not provide nearly enough features in the reporting departement. Not only can it not submit the necessary VAT-pre-reports on its own, it also has no reasonable option to export end-of-year tax reporting information to the tax office or even just another product that can take over that part of the accounting work.

Response from SumUp

Hi Sven,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate your feedback.

Our Product Team is currently working on developing our reporting features further, so watch this space. :) Also, if you have specific suggestions on how exactly you'd like the reports in Debitoor to work, feel free to email us at: [email protected]

All the best,
Debitoor

Michaela
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, good solution for freelancers

Reviewed on 2019-07-04

I can create invoices easily as well as keep track of payments. The user interface is very intuitive.

Pros

I am a copy writer and journalist and really like this software. It is easy to use, quick and makes life a lot easier for freelancers. The support is also excellent.

Cons

Nothing. I have not found any negative points yet.

osvaldo

Sumup very top app

Reviewed on 2020-07-06

Pros

Easy to use application and very effective in all transactions, super fast reading

Cons

The application could have a function of extracting transactions made during the day sent by email

Cornelius
Cornelius
  • Industry: Market Research Software

• Customer Support Software

Not useful when you do business outside Germany

Reviewed on 2019-07-04

Tried it as bookkeeping solution, but it failed me for my needs. A simple Google Sheet does better and is cheaper.

Pros

Clean user interface, helped me get started with bookkeeping.
I used some of the tables to set up my own (better) bookkeeping system on Google Sheets

Cons

Not user friendly at all when dealing with international currencies and international VAT.
It's a huge pain to manually enter information again and again, when it would be so easy to copy and paste in a Google Sheet. So I just set my own system up which is easier, faster and more customisable - and it saves money.
Uploading receipts is a pain too, takes far too long

Jessica
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

SumUp

Reviewed on 2023-11-21

Pros

It is easy to use SumUp as we can use a barcode to pay for our sweets for charity at work

Cons

Nothing to dislike at the moment as easy to use and self explanatory

Leonardo
  • Industry: Entertainment

Debitoor for freelancers

Reviewed on 2019-07-04

Pros

The interface is very clean and extensive.

Cons

A guided help near every feature would be make it a little bit more user friendly.

Waquar
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

• Customer Support Software

The product is invoicing software. But with limited functionality. It needs lots of updation...

Reviewed on 2018-06-25

Created few quotation and invoices. But lacks lot of things even the UNITS.

Created few quotation and invoices. But lacks lot of things even the UNITS.

Pros

Creating quotation and invoices is bit easier than other software. But due to its limited functionality it makes it difficult to use. The themes are good enough.

Cons

When it comes to detailed quotation it is not the compatibile one. Also it only gives one quotation and invoice as free trail later you have to upgrade the subscription.

Vasilis
Vasilis
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

SumUp the new era of pos

Reviewed on 2022-12-11

Pros

the best thing about sumup is that provides pos with low cost and high quality. And accept several many payment methods like google and apple pay. Seems secure app .

Cons

The app is little confused and sometimes in my device lagged

Chris
Chris
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Perfect payment solution for entrepreneurs on the road

Reviewed on 2018-11-05

No need for cash handling or trips to the bank

No need for cash handling or trips to the bank

Pros

So easy to use, generates professional receipts for customer

Cons

What's not to like? Maybe Sum-Up could come up with a waterproof cover

Lexie
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

Do not buy if you’re in Australia

Reviewed on 2023-12-12

Do not get this if you’re in Australia. Buy square instead. I purchased 5.5 weeks before my market event for Christmas, where I had purchased a lot of stock to sell. The device came quickly, I’ll give them that. I set it up, loaded all my products on the back end and did the verification process. The reader sat there for the rest of the time until two days before my event, I turned it on just to make sure it was working. Everything seemed fine but something in the app said I needed to verify myself, which I had already done (sent my drivers license etc), so I did it again and it said it should only take a few hours to verify, which was fine because I still had two days until the event. The day before it was still not verified but in the app it tells you that it’s connected and working, so I assumed it would be ok after going through the verification process twice already! There’s also no number to call, so you don’t have a lot of options or support on a weekend. I got to the event and the reader declined ALL payments because of a security issue. I lost thousands of dollars in sales because nobody caries cash anymore. I sent a support ticket with all of this info and I get a response THREE days later saying that my account is now verified and I can start taking transactions. Bit late and I can’t get rid of this Christmas stock now until Christmas 2024. 6 months of planning down the drain because I decided to give SumUp a go, when I should have just gone with Square.

Pros

It’s relatively low cost upfront and cheaper transaction fees but I never got to use it!

Cons

Customer service is non existent. You have to verify yourself multiple times and then it’s likely it won’t accept payments on the day you need it most

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to SumUp

Outlay cost was less and transaction fees lower, but I should have gone with square. It’s more reliable