Active Takeoff

Customer Support Software
4.8/5

Joseph

• Customer Support Software

What a great company and software

Reviewed on 2/17/2020

Perfect.

Pros

I called today for support. I spoke to the original person who designed the software in 2014. I found out I was one of the first 20 customers to purchase it in the United States.
I cannot tell you how happy I have been with this software and the customer service. Incredible.

Joe

Cons

Nothing it works great once you build your formulas.

john
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Active Take Off Trial

Reviewed on 1/15/2019

Very happy with everything about Active. All queries have been dealt with and we have not had to reissue questions etc like we have had to do with other products.

Pros

We are a QS firm based in Western Australia. We have used pretty much all takeoff tools that are out there. Active Takeoff offers a clean measuring tool that leaves definable markups with a legend on each page that clearly indicates what is what. There are tools for amending the item of measure and most importantly the back-up service is excellent. Queries are answered in a language that we can understand and replies to queries come back in a timely manner. This, above anything else, is vital to us.

Cons

Nothing in particular. We are still familiarizing ourselves with the estimating side but nothing stands out that would prevent us commiting.

Chuck

Good program. Needs a few minor Adjustments

Reviewed on 11/13/2018

Thus far, it’s been adequate. I can’t use it for some of my Plans, which defeats the purpose.

Pros

The Software is pretty easy to use. The reports are great for keeping tabs on several different

Cons

The scale needs to be a little more inclusive. I find several Plans with a 3”-1’ scale and Active Takeoff does not offer that option. Manual adjustments are fine, but often times there are not any good measurements provided to set that scale.

Samuel

Active takeoff

Reviewed on 11/18/2018

If they was to fix the above problems and implement suggested updates then I would give this product 10 out of 10.

Pros

Easy to understand layout. Reasonable Price.

Cons

No Auto save so lose work unless you manually save all the time. Issues with memory, have to close other programs to make it function properly sometimes.

Response from Quoter Software

Hello Samuel,
Thanks for the awesome review! We will seriously consider your comments and try to implement some solutions in a future version.

• Customer Support Software

New technology helping residential remodeling company in Boise

Reviewed on 6/23/2016

I am new to the world of takeoffs. As a remodeling contractor I always thought takeoffs were for big commercial companies. The program is fun and intuitive. There are a few tricks and shortcuts that I am starting to incorporate. The estimating component is out there for me to learn. Other than a few frustrations with my lack of experience and the way I do thing vs the way the industry does them. I am adapting and enjoying the program very much.

Pros

It is easy and fun to use. It makes my estimates extremely accurate. It has all the functionality that I need in my residential remodeling business. My designer wants to use it but I am having too much fun to give it up.

Cons

There are some features that I have asked for that do not exist yet. I have figured out how to work around them so nothing bad to say. My understanding is that it is a little less flexible and powerful than some far more expensive software packages but I am perfectly OK with that.

Robert

Great product, great service

Reviewed on 1/9/2017

Not many companies offer the level of service that these guys do. Active takeoff is easy to use, easy to setup and makes tracking estimates effortless. I have used just about every piece of takeoff software out there and this program is by far the best.

Pros

Super easy to setup, tracks all of my takeoff and sort info exactly how I need it in reports.

Cons

Sharing takeoff files from one machine to the next isn't available yet, but I hear that's in the next update. Other than this...The software is flawless.

Mike

Great product

Reviewed on 11/13/2018

My overall experience has been great. I was using another take off software and Active Takeoff is far better. I enjoy using this software and if I ever have a question the support team is spot on. Very pleased.

Pros

The overall layout and design. Easy to use.

Cons

Wish they had curve points and auto counter

James

Estimating Software

Reviewed on 12/4/2018

Pros

Very simple to use and figure out without any prior knowledge of this software. Speeds up the process of doing takeoffs with the extensions features.

Cons

Although this is very good at figuring out the estimates for the basic trades, if you're looking for more niche trades, those have not been added yet.

Response from Quoter Software

Hello James,

Thanks for the great review. Our new Estimating item feature lets you build your product/labour/equipment inventory then edit your own quantity generating formulas. Pretty much any niche is covered. Please contact our support desk for a quick demo.

JEFFREY

Ease in Estimating

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

Pros

The professional results that can be easily obtained by using this program are second to none.

Cons

There could be a wider variety of color options available to use.

Response from Quoter Software

Hello Jeffrey,
Thanks for the great review. You can use up to 16 million colors in Active Takeoff. Please contact us and we will show you how it works.

Todd

Survey

Good

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use really takes no time to learn.

Cons

I would like to see a scale that goes up to at least 1 1/2" currently the software only goes up to 1" and there are a lot of drawings that are 1 1/2" scale and this has to be done manually and it takes time.

Michael

Very good system

Reviewed on 11/20/2018

Saving time completing take-offs

Pros

Very easy to navigate around the system to access and use the features. The system has halved the time it takes to complete a take-off.

Cons

If the copy and paste feature was improved for example if it was possible to copy an item and paste in a specific location, currently the item overlays which means the copied item has to be moved to the required destination.

Also the extension feature could be improved.

Response from Quoter Software

Hello Michael,
Thanks for the review! The team here will discuss your comment about the paste location. Our new Estimating Item feature allows you to create your own templates with your own products and formulas. Do not hesitate to contact our support desk for any info you might need.

Mike

Great Product

Aewsome

Pros

How Quick i can use it when im using it

Cons

How and where files are saved and trying to locate them

Timothy

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 11/13/2018

I use it every day to do my takeoffs. I find it accurate, even lets me set the slope and calculate the needed materials

Pros

Simply add your plans as .pdf's, set the scale, and do your takeoff. Easy Peasy

Cons

Sometimes when it opens, the window doesn't appear and I have to right click the mouse and say show windows and it pops up.

Nathaniel

Quick and Simple to Use

Reviewed on 11/20/2018

Pros

The product is simple to use, with all the tools clearly labeled and it is fast to use.

Cons

There are a few selections I would like to see for the reports. Having a cubic yard item to total the takeoff with is handy, but I would like to see a little more flexibility with the quantification. For example, I would prefer to have the option to choose square yards of concrete rather than cubic yards, as I have to do a little additional multiplication.

Excellent Product!

Reviewed on 11/13/2018

Pros

Ease of use.
Great functionality.
Very comprehensive.
Great product that lets you use as many, or few, of the features you need.

Cons

Would like to see a way to set the scale for a group of plan pages at once, and not just setting the scale for each plan page individually.

Jim

what a time saver

Reviewed on 11/13/2018

I do al our takeoffs and estimating. I increased my bid dollar volume by at least 4 times. It is easy to use once you figure it out. I still have lots to learn about its capabilities but it has sure improved my productivity.

Pros

I keeps up with counts and lengths. I don't have to do that manually after taking off the list.

Cons

The drop down menu where you choose the next item to take off is too small. I end up scrolling for days to find the one item I am looking for. I can't seem to find a way to expand its size either.

Milton

• Customer Support Software

Outstanding customer service support, great value for content!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017

Help out with the time consumption in comparison to a manual take off.

Pros

Every time that we have needed support the Active Takeoff support team has been there to answer our questions with a live technician. It sure feels good to know that there is still support out there without having to be on hold forever. They are working to make there product even more user friendly; I did not grow up using a computer, am old school, paper, pencil, eraser, calculator and arch. ruler, what it took days to do now takes hours. Thank you Active Takeoff, looking forward to your continual updates.

Cons

There is really nothing bad about this product. They are reprogramming some of the features that can allow us to identify the materials being used, but other than that, it is a great product for the value.

Accurate, easy to use

Reviewed on 11/13/2018

My manual method of scaling drawings was not accurate and extremely time consuming. This product has saved me weeks over the course of a year.

Pros

Accurate, easy to learn, files things easily and it saves me tons of time looking for the "one page" with measurements in a 50 page file.

Cons

The curser is hard to use when trying to do perimeters. A double click will not shut off and i have random lines being measured.

Amanda

Thoughts

Reviewed on 11/13/2018

So far so good. Looking forward to updates in the future to accommodate more for the finish contractors.

Pros

It's ease of use, it is very self explanatory.

Cons

It doesn't have customizable features for flooring. It is hard to measure for trim and/or base because there isn't an applicable extension. And the fact that there isn't a snap to feature, so it is hard to get a straight line quickly.

Active Takeoff Experience

Reviewed on 11/15/2018

I think it shows great value for money.

Pros

I like the ease which old projects can be accessed and new measures can be set up.

Cons

I think the selection process and visibility around the measures can be improved during the takeoff process. I think it has everything there that is needed but not quite the intuitive feel of some other software packages.

Danny
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Excellent value for a decent product

Reviewed on 11/16/2018

I use for construction estimating. It is so much easier than using a scale by hand.

Pros

Easy to use fast for basic take off and marking up take off

Cons

The printing function is a bit clunky. I’d like an easier way to print exactly what is on the take off or the on screen quantity table. Also the quantity table is often overlapping the plans.

Matt

Paint Estimate

Reviewed on 11/29/2018

Pros

Ease of use, functionality. It just makes finding the square footage of areas so simple than conventional take offs.

Cons

When doing take offs on wall types that use the same paint but differ in length, there isn't a simple way to use same colors under one name.

Jon

Stonecast review

Reviewed on 11/16/2018

So far my experience has been great. It has made quoting work and crating take offs much easier.

Pros

It makes quoting jobs a lot faster and easier.

Cons

It would be nice to have more options to close shapes without have to click multiple times to follow contours of drawings.

Ricky Lininger
  • Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Great Take Off Software

Reviewed on 2/21/2017

This is one of my favorite take off software programs that I have used. It really comes in handy to get the bids completed faster.

Pros

Easy to up load plans

Cons

Don't really have any

James

• Customer Support Software

just started using this a few days ago and so far it seems very easy to use and move around in

Reviewed on 2/1/2016

I demoed a variety of take-off packages and for the price this one seemed to be the best value for what we were looking for. The software is missing some features (like an arc-creation tool and ability to add custom extensions) that I saw in other, more expensive packages, however to be fair these packages were at least twice the price of ActiveTakeoff. Overall I'm very happy with the program so far, and when I do have a quesiton or concern, the responsiveness of the customer service has been fantastic.