Donarius

Church management system with donation tracking features

4.8/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
Customer Support Software
4.8/5

Good Book Keeping

Reviewed on 5/14/2019

Been using Donarius for 6 plus years , everything’s always been great, no trouble or difficulty.

Pros

It’s easy to you and customer service is wonderful

Cons

Sometimes it feels like an older program compared to others.

Jane
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

I LOVE OUR DONARIUS PROGRAM

Reviewed on 12/1/2016

As a small non-profit food pantry (we serve 37,000 clients a year and record about $200,000 to $250,00 in donations a year)and I couldn't be more pleased as a Donarius user. It fits our needs perfectly and actually has some features that we haven't even gotten around to using. Of the many programs I've used through the years - of any kind - I've never experienced better or more personal customer support. A program is only as good as the support you receive when the day comes that something goes wrong. I've had issues that were computer related, not at all a fault of the Donarius program, yet still received literally hours of support to try to work through the problems to get me back in operation. I would (and have) recommend this program to anyone that wants a simple, effective and easy to learn donations program. It has a great help section that literally takes you through every step of every function available - in language anyone can follow and understand. It is easy to get started using yet can be customized as you go to meet pretty much any situation you might encounter. Other programs have been developed since our Pantry first started using Donarius, but if I were to start over today, I would ,without a doubt, choose Donarius again. Great product at a great price - proving the old adage "you get what you pay for" totally wrong. Don't be fooled by the modest price - this is a great program backed up by great customer support. (Get it now before they wise up and jack up the price LOL.)

Pros

Simple and intuitive yet comprehensive in meeting our needs. Also great customer service response.

Cons

It may be me not exploring the possibilities thoroughly, but it seems like some of the template letters I've tried to write were restricted in their length so I wasn't always able to use them to personalize large mailings. (Instead, I just did a generic newsletter and generated labels.)

Jennifer

• Customer Support Software

Donarius is easy to use, and covers the basic needs of our church. However, it is very limited.

Reviewed on 4/11/2018

easy to track weekly church donations and easy to generate annual tax receipts

Pros

User-friendy - the software is easy to understand and easy to use for basic bookkeeping functions. It is also easy to process annual tax receipts.

Cons

The software is very limited. If you're looking for basic functions, it operates well, but when looking for more-detailed accounting of church finances, it is not possible.

Ian

Donarius for Me

Reviewed on 11/30/2016

Getting started with Donarius was a bit challenging at first, mainly because I was not, at the time, computer literate. The program was very easy to learn with my limited skills and the support, when needed, was excellent and easy to follow. After having used a manual program for tracking donations, Donarius was a dream. Entering information for each donor and the categories available made for great ease. Providing weekly reports to the treasurer in printed form and in the many choices of format available was done with ease. I am particularly happy with being able to send a Tax Receipt by e-mail. It is a perfect method and a great money saving feature of the program. The workload for myself will increase shortly with the addition of two more Churches in the Parish to look after. Not only that, but our Church is partnered with a coalition called Nelson Friends of Refugees and we will issue tax receipts for donations made to the coalition, which, incidentally, is not registered as a charity and therefore unable to issue the Tax Receipts. I anticipate the increased workload to be handled with ease, thanks to the wonderful Donarius software. Any possible problems which might occur I am most confident in Louie helping me solve them.
In conclusion, the program is well designed and entering information wherever required was very simple. The Help portion for all operations which might be required I found invaluable. I figured if a person could read he could do the program.

Pros

It is clear to read on the screen. Entering and tracking Pledges is simple and the quarterly reports etc. reflect amounts donated and are easy to follow for the donor.

Cons

The comment on the quarterly report that says "To fulfill your pledge, please give......"

Valerie

• Customer Support Software

Recommendation for reliable easy to use accounting system

Reviewed on 12/5/2019

I am not a professional accountant but I have happily used this programme for 7 years.
I ENJOY working with this east-to-use data entry programme. It doesn't require too much weekly time and I can prepare reports and answer questions quickly.
Support is readily available from Donarius.

Pros

Easy to understand and simple to use. Reliable. Excellent support from helpful staff. Great upgrades.
Ideal for keeping parishioners' records. Programme well planned and thought out.
Can find information easily and quickly. Excellent reports ready in seconds.
Easily prepared tax receipts and labels. Takes little time to use weekly.
Excellent programme at very reasonable cost to purchase and operate. Thank you.

Cons

I can't think of anything. We have been using Donarius since 2003.
We have declined more complex systems of accounting.
All information is available within the programme.
It would be useful to have a download printable booklet on "How to Use" or "What Donarius can do", especially for explaining or training others. I had to write out notes which were not effective. Perhaps this is available but I haven't found it.

Mark

Donarius is a Plus!

Reviewed on 12/10/2019

The ease of use for Donarius is amazing. Not only for data entry but when performing routine tasks like printing reports you don't have to dig into multiple layers of drop downs to find the task. Everything is on one screen with single drop down menus for the different tasks.
Donarius if very user friendly.

Pros

The low cost of the Donarius software and the ability to choose only the modules that were required for our church. The main purpose of this software was to record the individual givings of our church members. Once member data was entered entering the data for the weekly givings is done in 15 minutes, less than half the time of the previous software. And, when I had questions about the use of the software for customer support, I received quick responses to my inquiries.

Cons

I have not found any aspect of this software to not perform in the expected manner.

• Used for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Relied on this for years for Church finances

Reviewed on 9/20/2018

Great software for smaller congregations looking for a cost effective solution to their donation management.

Pros

I found this software intuitive enough that our volunteer book keeper was able to use it on a regular basis without issue. Produced Tax receipts and tracked miscellaneous donations as well as regular ones. Our accountant was pleased that he only had to review at the end of the year - it took the burden off him on a weekly basis. The tax receipts was huge - saved us from manually creating all of them.

Cons

The software itself had an older look and feel and I felt it could have been updated more frequently.

Donating in this Day and Age

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

Donarius has made what was once a taxing, time-consuming process much simpler. As a church clerk, I find it invaluable, and it's a sound investment.

Pros

I work as a clerk at my church, and sometimes the donations people bring in can be a bit of a pain. More people pay in change than I would like, and it adds up. But with Donarius (which we have publicly showcased at church, for everyone to see) the donation process becomes much smoother. It keeps track of total funds and even tax info, which a lot of other software doesn't consider. The receipts it generates are a nice touch as well. It just makes everything easier.

Cons

The Donarius website is old enough that it might be intimidating for more tech-savvy users. It's a legit software and business, but you might not think so at first glance.

Joan

Donarius

Reviewed on 5/10/2019

The program is really easy to use and adaptable. The tech support is fast and friendly.

Pros

Donarius is very user friendly and easy to learn. It is a versatile program which can be tailored to suit the needs of the organization. The price is also right and the support is very good. It is Canadian!

Cons

There are several options for reports which may be too cumbersome.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Meets the needs of our small church

Reviewed on 5/10/2019

Pros

Donarius fits the budget of our small church plant while providing the features for which we bought it--specifically, tracking offerings by individual and producing reports that we can send to our givers.

Cons

The interface is rather dated (looks like an old DOS application imported into Windows). But this opinion is more of a preference then anything that has reduced our productivity while in the software.

Ellen

Donarius Reporting

Reviewed on 5/19/2019

Over all it is a good program for tracking donations. I would like to see a checkbook account that could use input from Donarius.

Pros

We have been using Donarius software for over 10 years and we have been very pleased with the products ability for recording our member's donations. The program seems to be very accurate and very easy to use for some of our beginners. It is very user friendly and takes very little time to train new users how to input all information. The customer support has been great, and are very prompt to help you out of a jamb. They will stay with you until the problem is resolved and you feel comfortable in how they have helped you. We have recommended the program to several other churches and will continue to do that in the future.

Cons

There are a few things that we feel might make using the program a little better for the user to not miss simple things. One area is the type of currency that is being input. The current process is to identify if a check or cash and coin. We have found that if you miss putting in a type that the program defaults to coin. We would think that if you fail to put a type of donation there should be an alert on the screen to remind you to put something in this spot before continuing. Also on the tax reporting for members it seems a little cumbersome at times to get just one individual report and also if you need to retrieve a prior years report or to adjust amissed contribution it really won't let you.

Response from Nuverb Systems

Explained to customer how to resolve the issues in the 'Cons' section.

Nathan

Simple Donation Tracking Software

Reviewed on 5/10/2019

When I first began using Donarius, I was a bit disappointed with what it could do. I knew that there had to be some options to speed up our check depositing process. However, those options were much more expensive! By finding tips to make our workflow more efficient, we end up having very little downtime when making our check deposits.

Pros

The software is fairly minimal, which makes it easy to find the things you need. I am able to add checks quickly because there are such few clicks. Very rarely do I need to use my mouse to click on anything unless I make a mistake.

The pricing for the software is also unbeatable. I have looked at a variety of other software that have additional features, but the pricing structures are usually a subscription fee. Paying a low one-time fee makes this a valuable program for many non-profits!

Cons

Limited features do mean that you can't do all that you want. Ideally, I would love to be able to scan a large batch of checks and have them matched to the donor with the amount entered in as well. This would greatly speed up the process to a matter of minutes and would be an additional feature I would pay for.

I have developed a workflow of using keyboard shortcuts to get to the appropriate donation box. I wish that I could designate which type of donation I am entering so I don't have to worry about putting it in the correct category. When we enter donations, they are all grouped together, but in Donarius, I still have to go to the field and enter the amount in.

Response from Nuverb Systems

Explained to customer how to do some of what he requested in the 'Cons' section.

Steven

• Customer Support Software

Great package for my small church.

Reviewed on 11/30/2016

I am the Financial Secretary for our church. I have used Donarius since 2008 to track donor contributions and print tax statements. We have around 50 "Giving Units" per year that we track. For a small church like ours Donarius is perfect. It is extremely easy to use but does possess those "bells and whistles" features.
Data entry for a given Sunday takes less than five minutes with the source items (checks, etc.) in alphabetic order. The "Reports" function creates the daily or monthly summary reports for documentation/balancing/end of month spreadsheets.
I use the Backup function every week after the data entry and have actually had to use it to recover after a hard drive failure. It was very easy.
I have occasionally had to ask a usage question and always get a timely response from their support staff.
Our previous software company folded and I looked at a number of different products for a replacement. As a computer programmer myself I really liked the combination of functionality, ease of use and price that Donarius delivers.
I highly recommend this product.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality and price.

Cons

The attributes box for the donor information is a little crowded.

Jennifer

Functional and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 5/14/2019

I mainly use Donarius to input weekly tithes and gifts from church members, generate monthly reports for the church board, and annual tax receipts. As a church, we have recently switched to using QuickBooks, and I wish that Donarius would integrate/have a plugin for QuickBooks!

Pros

I find Donarius very easy to use, with simple and straight-forward features that are user friendly. It is easy to input financial data and weekly donations from church members, generate monthly financial updates reports, and also a simple process to create and print annual income tax receipts for each donor.

Cons

While Donarius is a very functional and user friendly software, it would be nice if it had a refreshed/more contemporary interface. The software does appear a little dated. I would also appreciate if there were some 'how to' tutorial videos embedded to explain some of the features of the software that I don't use often. I would also like Donarius to include separate filing options for 'gifts in kind'.

David

Very good Customer Support

Reviewed on 11/30/2016

This software does a lot of things and will eliminate many tasks that churches do twice (sometimes without even being aware). There's a little bit of a learning curve, but you will be impressed by everthing the software does for you. Be sure to use this to count your offering, and then it will do so much more. The customer support is great. I would recommend this software.

The only downsides : no way to keep track of attendance. Also, this software would work better if it were web-based especially when used by multiple users in different locations. To deal with this problem, the software can be used through Dropbox (or other such applications), but we have found this type of solution will sometimes (but rarely) result in synchronisation issues (creating files in conflit).

Pros

It does a lot. Will increase your productivity. Great customer support. Very cheap.

Cons

No way to keep track of attendance. Not web-based (using it through dropbox will sometimes but rarely result in sychronisation issues when used by multiple users).

Cliff

Great Church Software System

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Overall this system has worked well for tracking donations to our church and worked well for generating statements and tax receipts. As well, reporting worked well and gave desired output with little setup.

Pros

Setup of accounts and donors was straight-forward. Data entry is very easy. Reporting is quite robust. Statements and tax receipts are easy to generate and present very well.

Cons

The option to email statements seemed very difficult to use. I tried a few times and found it did not work well. After a couple of attempts I did not pursue any further.

Randallyn

Best Book Keeping Software

Reviewed on 5/17/2019

When I was introduced to the software I thought it would have been difficult to use. As I clicked on things and started to input our congregations information, the ease of use came natural. I am the book keeper for 3 different churches and I needed to purchase 3 different software. One per church. It was easy to keep track of our growing churches and adding each person's information was simple. Print outs of specific giving areas are easy to pin point and print reports to. Tax forms were printed with a couple clicks. We are very happy with the purchase of this software.

Pros

The ease of use. Keeps all of our church booking keeping in one area. The input of all my financial records is easy. When I need reports, it is simple to print and organize. End of year/tax reports are just as simple to print out for all sizes of congregations.

Cons

Sometimes when I highlight a members name, it jumps to another name because I moved the mouse too quick. Other than that no complaints.

Megan

Easy to Use Software

Reviewed on 11/30/2016

I have been working for the church for 6 years and have used this from day one. I have used other software and this is by far the easiest to catch on to. I love the fact that I can use it and explain it to others to use in my absence. It is an easy to use software with no frills. For the church I work for it meets our needs and is compatible to our other programs, and fits in our budget.

Pros

Budget friendly, and easy to use. We have just started to use the email feature and I love it!

Cons

The texting aspect. None of our local carriers were listed so it was hard to get the initial set-up going.

Scott

Why we use and endorse Donarius Software

Reviewed on 12/5/2019

Recently we had a challenge with logging into Donarius, and the staff helped us greatly to ensure quick resolution, very professional and great to work with.

Pros

We love the customer service, the ease of which it is to use the product, as it takes very little training to learn how to use it and it’s very effective and very accurate in creating reports and tracking donors

Cons

I really have no complaints, I would recommend for all organizations

Bruce

Quispamsis United Church

Reviewed on 12/29/2021

Converting to Donarius allows us to replace a home-grown database that had no documentation or support outside of the person who originally created the database. We now have access to extensive help documentation and product support by email or phone. Support personnel also converted our old database to Donarius saving us a lot of time and potential conversion errors. They have been very professional to deal with.

Pros

Donarius is a very affordable application for tracking and reporting on church donations. It is fairly intuitive to use and there is an extensive help facility for every aspect of the software. The software can be run from a file sharing platform (sync.com) and there are controls in place to ensure that only one user can be logged on to the database at one time.

Cons

There are some standard mailings (letters, emails, texts) which can be reworded as required. The commands to format these documents are not intuitive so changing spacing or alignment of text is not straight forward. I did contact the supplier by email with a question on formatting and I received a detailed response almost immediately. We will likely continue to use our current mailing tools to while updating email addresses exported from Donarius.

Richard

Affordable & East

Reviewed on 5/17/2019

Pros

It is easy for volunteers to use.
Great for tracking donations

Cons

Would like to be able to customize the statements more with different fonts and with our logo.

Pushpay, ShelbyNext Membership and ShelbyNext Financials

Reasons for Switching to Donarius

Price

Response from Nuverb Systems

Explained how to add a logo and customize fonts.

Khalid
  • Used for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

Best value software for Canadian charities

Reviewed on 4/9/2020

Our organization has no employees, but a group of 3-5 volunteers handling administrative, accounting and software apps. Our other colleagues delayed exploring Donarius features, so we had to get going in a short period of time to handle over 500 donors and more than 1500 donation amounts and trust the processing of all information. Donarius provided the comfort and confidence for us. Thanks to the dedicated support by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
, always so helpful. Bravo!

Pros

2019 was the first year that our organization had to issue tax receipts for the generous donors of our organization. We purchased the basic module along with the module for emails, but we primarily used it for tax receipts only. It required very minimal training and fortunately the customer support provided by Donarius was always readily available. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] went out of the way to customize some of the reports required by us. At the most reasonable price, ease of use and customer support, our small charity could not ask for a better software than Donarius.

Cons

We would have liked a few additional detailed reports for capturing donor information sorted by donor, receipt number and by category, all in one report. We would have preferred a feature whereby the user could define the parameters and develop his/her own report.

Bruno

• Customer Support Software

Does everything our church needs

Reviewed on 12/5/2019

I wanted software that will save me time in doing what I need to do and Donarius does that.

Pros

1. It does what I need: keeps track of members and donations, does tax receipts at the end of the year, sends emails/letters to keep members informed. I can access it from home and church.
2. The price is right.
3. Whenever I have a problem I can just call or email and get help.

Cons

Installing an update or moving the software to a new computer, sometimes is tricky.

Robert

Great Donation Management Software

Reviewed on 11/30/2016

As Financial Secretary for out small church I was looking an inexpensive, stand alone software package to track donations, provide tax receipts, and just maybe provide member tracking. We began using Donarius the beginning of this calendar year after evaluating several programs. We are a very small church and could not afford nor do we need a complex online program. Donarius does exactly what I was looking for.

As the primary user I have found it easy to learn and use and after I have completed a complete year of use with end of year tax receipts I plan to recommend it to other small churches in our United Methodist Conference. At this point I do not foresee any problems with it and highly recommend it but am waiting just so I am fully knowledgeable of all facets of the program should any other questions arise by churches in the Conference. Praise the Lord!

Pros

It is simple. Its goal appears simple in tracking donations and recording families.

Cons

Although I have not attempted it yet I glanced at setting up form letters and it does not appear straight forward. I suspect it will just take a little practice.

Carrie

Wonderful Software - Especially for Small Churches/Organzations

Reviewed on 12/1/2016

We have been using Donarius for ~9 years for our small (under 25 people) church. It does everything that we need for keeping track of giving, and, specifically, generating tax receipts! It is simple and easy to use. If you have any questions or notice any problems, the support team is extremely responsive and willing to help. I especially appreciate that they offer lower cost options for small organizations. I can imagine that it would work very well on a larger scale and for larger organizations, too.

Pros

- Very easy to use.
- Cost savings for small organizations.
- Excellent support for questions.

Cons

No cons - we have been using this software exclusively for a number of years and have never had any problems.