Donarius

Write a Review!
Church management system with donation tracking features

4.8/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
Customer Support Software
4.8/5

Ian

Donarius for Me

Reviewed on 2016-11-30

Getting started with Donarius was a bit challenging at first, mainly because I was not, at the time, computer literate. The program was very easy to learn with my limited skills and the support, when needed, was excellent and easy to follow. After having used a manual program for tracking donations, Donarius was a dream. Entering information for each donor and the categories available made for great ease. Providing weekly reports to the treasurer in printed form and in the many choices of format available was done with ease. I am particularly happy with being able to send a Tax Receipt by e-mail. It is a perfect method and a great money saving feature of the program. The workload for myself will increase shortly with the addition of two more Churches in the Parish to look after. Not only that, but our Church is partnered with a coalition called Nelson Friends of Refugees and we will issue tax receipts for donations made to the coalition, which, incidentally, is not registered as a charity and therefore unable to issue the Tax Receipts. I anticipate the increased workload to be handled with ease, thanks to the wonderful Donarius software. Any possible problems which might occur I am most confident in Louie helping me solve them.
In conclusion, the program is well designed and entering information wherever required was very simple. The Help portion for all operations which might be required I found invaluable. I figured if a person could read he could do the program.

Pros

It is clear to read on the screen. Entering and tracking Pledges is simple and the quarterly reports etc. reflect amounts donated and are easy to follow for the donor.

Cons

The comment on the quarterly report that says "To fulfill your pledge, please give......"

David

• Customer Support Software

Does a great job for the price

Reviewed on 2012-01-01

Nothing I looked at when I purchased this in early 2010 came close to Donarious for meeting my needs... and the price is great!

I highly recommend getting the optional module for customizing receipts. It is helpful if you have a little backround in software code or HTML writing (or have access to such a person) to create the receipt templates, but it is fairly flexible and I was able to come up with something I like. Once that is done, you don't have to revisit that issue again unless you change your mind about how you want it to look. During that first year, I believe they'll give you one free customized receipt done for you.

I tried the "relationships and families" option and didn't ultimately find it useful for our purposes. Your mileage may vary. Thus far, I haven't had any need for the other modules. I haven't used the email features yet, but I anticipate doing so in the future. Trying any or all of the optional modules is free and buying them is pretty cheap.

Pros

For years I kept track of contributions the same way as with the rest of our church finances... with Quicken. As our church grew that became less and less satisfactory and I looked for a separate program to track contributions. Mostly what I found were online services, which I wasn't interested in due to ongoing cost and requiring our money counters to have immediate and reliable access to a computer AND internet... which wasn't convenient in our situation. And the few standalone programs I found had not been updated for sometime.

Then I found Donarious. The price is quite reasonable, email queries are answered promptly, and it is fairly easy to use. It is amazing that at this price they offer not only a 1 year warranty, but offer to customize the program for your needs during that period!

It has saved me a lot of time, especially when generating receipts, which with my old system was labor intensive. Give it a try!

Cons

It has just a "name" field instead of separate fields for last name and first name. If all your donors have names like John Smith, then that is fine, but in our multi-cultural society, that causes complications. And it won't tolerate quotes in the names, so you can't get around it that way. The best solution I found, which is satisfactory, is to enter the names in LAST, FIRST format.

At least in the version I have, the pre-made receipts and some reports have a spot for a "check #", which is fine if you use that, but I don't take the time to enter it. Unfortunately, those pre-made receipts and reports then show "check #?" in each entry, which is kind of crude. No one sees the reports but me and I use custom receipts so it hasn't been an issue for me.

Jennifer

• Customer Support Software

Donarius is easy to use, and covers the basic needs of our church. However, it is very limited.

Reviewed on 2018-04-11

easy to track weekly church donations and easy to generate annual tax receipts

easy to track weekly church donations and easy to generate annual tax receipts

Pros

User-friendy - the software is easy to understand and easy to use for basic bookkeeping functions. It is also easy to process annual tax receipts.

Cons

The software is very limited. If you're looking for basic functions, it operates well, but when looking for more-detailed accounting of church finances, it is not possible.

Douglas

• Customer Support Software

Excellent product - especially for the price!

Reviewed on 2016-12-01

I have used Donarius for 7 years. It is simple but does all a small charity like ours needs. Reports, letters, receipts, etc. require formatting codes, like the old days with word processors. But examples are provided and with a little effort, I have been able to get what I need. The basics of donor and donation entry are straightforward. It makes receipting very easy - it does a great job of keeping all that straight. Able to use Canadian postal codes and Canadian receipting requirements. Customer service is unbeatable - usually, there is a personal response to an email within the hour. The price means that every charity no matter how small can have a dedicated donor database with receipting capabilities. No more spreadsheets. Like any relational database, it has its complexities if you want to use its full abilities. But it is easy to get started and really, for the price, you have nothing to lose by trying it. Highly recommended.

Pros

easy to get started
excellent at receipting
excellent customer service
very affordable

Cons

formatting codes - I have been able to get what I need but probably would customize more if I didn't have to wrestle with these. However, I do understand that for the price, we probably shouldn't expect WYSIWYG
inactive donors - standard definition doesn't work for us

Valerie

• Customer Support Software

Recommendation for reliable easy to use accounting system

Reviewed on 2019-12-05

I am not a professional accountant but I have happily used this programme for 7 years.
I ENJOY...

I ENJOY working with this east-to-use data entry programme. It doesn't require too much weekly time and I can prepare reports and answer questions quickly.
Support is readily available from Donarius.

Pros

Easy to understand and simple to use. Reliable. Excellent support from helpful staff. Great upgrades.
Ideal for keeping parishioners' records. Programme well planned and thought out.
Can find information easily and quickly. Excellent reports ready in seconds.
Easily prepared tax receipts and labels. Takes little time to use weekly.
Excellent programme at very reasonable cost to purchase and operate. Thank you.

Cons

I can't think of anything. We have been using Donarius since 2003.
We have declined more complex systems of accounting.
All information is available within the programme.
It would be useful to have a download printable booklet on "How to Use" or "What Donarius can do", especially for explaining or training others. I had to write out notes which were not effective. Perhaps this is available but I haven't found it.

Mark

Donarius is a Plus!

Reviewed on 2019-12-10

The ease of use for Donarius is amazing. Not only for data entry but when performing routine tasks like printing reports you don't have to dig into multiple layers of drop downs to find the task. Everything is on one screen with single drop down menus for the different tasks.
Donarius if very user friendly.

Pros

The low cost of the Donarius software and the ability to choose only the modules that were required for our church. The main purpose of this software was to record the individual givings of our church members. Once member data was entered entering the data for the weekly givings is done in 15 minutes, less than half the time of the previous software. And, when I had questions about the use of the software for customer support, I received quick responses to my inquiries.

Cons

I have not found any aspect of this software to not perform in the expected manner.

Denise

• Customer Support Software

Great Program! Check it out!

Reviewed on 2019-05-10

In just a couple of weeks after installing, I was feeling very comfortable with this software. It allowed me to import member lists to get started, and the customer service has been excellent. No extensive training needed!

Pros

I serve four rural churches out of one office. Donarius software allows me to set up a different file for each one that organizes members' basic information, individual record of contributions, and specific characteristics. The program gives me the option to set up electronic funds transfers, customize donation categories easily, process mailing labels, run weekly contribution reports that align with deposits, set up and run annual tax receipts, and more. Plus, you have the option to choose the modules that fit your particular needs. It does everything I need it to do to manage parish contributions, but in a simple format and at a very affordable price.

Cons

Configuring specialized reports can be a little tricky, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been extremely helpful in helping me meet the needs of our parishes.

Clayton

Best bang for the buck!

Reviewed on 2016-11-30

Our non-profit Church group has been using Donarius, now, for a number of years. After having looked at and tried a few other commercial programs; Intuit products, for instance, I found Donarius via a Google search, and tried the Trial Version.
After using that, and becoming familiar with its various modules and capabilities, we settled on those modules that best suited our group and purpose, and have never regretted it.
The ability to create Tax Receipt Documents (with the included utility) that are specific to our money handling procedures, has been very helpful.
Of exceptional value to us, has also been their stellar Customer Service Staff! Every question I've had about the program and it's operation, or upgrading, or integrating with a new OS, or even recovering files after a system crash, has been answered promptly and fully, always enabling me to move ahead regardless of the specific circumstance being asked about.
I would very highly recommend Donarius, to any group looking for a record keeping/tracking program with ample reporting capabilities, and one that is very reasonably priced to boot.
Their updating and upgrading procedures and pricing are also very commendable given the over-all quality of the program.

Pros

Compact with a low learning curve, but still extremely effective.

Cons

Can't really think of a "negative".

• Used for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Relied on this for years for Church finances

Reviewed on 2018-09-20

Great software for smaller congregations looking for a cost effective solution to their donation management.

Pros

I found this software intuitive enough that our volunteer book keeper was able to use it on a regular basis without issue. Produced Tax receipts and tracked miscellaneous donations as well as regular ones. Our accountant was pleased that he only had to review at the end of the year - it took the burden off him on a weekly basis. The tax receipts was huge - saved us from manually creating all of them.

Cons

The software itself had an older look and feel and I felt it could have been updated more frequently.

Donating in this Day and Age

Reviewed on 2018-12-10

Donarius has made what was once a taxing, time-consuming process much simpler. As a church clerk, I find it invaluable, and it's a sound investment.

Pros

I work as a clerk at my church, and sometimes the donations people bring in can be a bit of a pain. More people pay in change than I would like, and it adds up. But with Donarius (which we have publicly showcased at church, for everyone to see) the donation process becomes much smoother. It keeps track of total funds and even tax info, which a lot of other software doesn't consider. The receipts it generates are a nice touch as well. It just makes everything easier.

Cons

The Donarius website is old enough that it might be intimidating for more tech-savvy users. It's a legit software and business, but you might not think so at first glance.

Brian

Donarius

Reviewed on 2019-12-13

- the software is fairly user-friendly
- this program allows for data entry of donations without...

- the software is fairly user-friendly
- this program allows for data entry of donations without impacting the actual accounting software (requires double entry, however, we record the donations as a summary; if we need the details we simply look it up in Donarius)
- receipt printing at calendar year end is so quick and easy - the authorized signature can be imported and printed on each receipt

Pros

- easy to add several categories for donations for one donor
- if donations for a certain date are accidentally recorded on the wrong date (for instance, donations are recorded on a Monday instead of Sunday), the software allows for correcting the date on all donations recorded on that date
- reports can be based on fiscal year or calendar year
- the ability to specify how the donation was made (cash, cheque, credit card) and if cash, the breakdown of bills and coins. A report can be printed as a deposit slip
- the ability to show donations for any period, including combined fiscal or calendar years
- option to email receipts as PDF
- ability to export reports to Excel to further customize reports or to add notes
- ability to restore and entire backup or just additional data

Cons

- restoring a backup is easy, however, the backup needs to saved to a device and cannot be sent by email
- you can report on donations using a line graph, but the predetermined increments are too large for our purposes (it would be nice to be able to customize this report)

Karin

Satisfied from day one!

Reviewed on 2021-05-18

Keeping computer records makes retrieval of information, running reports and communication with our parishioners very effective.

Pros

Very easy to work with, we were able to transition from manual envelope posting to computer posting without issue. We were two parishes, each using Donarius for envelope posting and maintaining parishioner data; merging our two parishes went without a hitch due to the superb customer service we receive whenever we contact Donarius. Donarius customer service is par excellence!

Cons

No cons at this time; we have been satisfied with Donarius since we first started using Donarius in 2008

Steven

• Customer Support Software

Great package for my small church.

Reviewed on 2016-11-30

I am the Financial Secretary for our church. I have used Donarius since 2008 to track donor contributions and print tax statements. We have around 50 "Giving Units" per year that we track. For a small church like ours Donarius is perfect. It is extremely easy to use but does possess those "bells and whistles" features.
Data entry for a given Sunday takes less than five minutes with the source items (checks, etc.) in alphabetic order. The "Reports" function creates the daily or monthly summary reports for documentation/balancing/end of month spreadsheets.
I use the Backup function every week after the data entry and have actually had to use it to recover after a hard drive failure. It was very easy.
I have occasionally had to ask a usage question and always get a timely response from their support staff.
Our previous software company folded and I looked at a number of different products for a replacement. As a computer programmer myself I really liked the combination of functionality, ease of use and price that Donarius delivers.
I highly recommend this product.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality and price.

Cons

The attributes box for the donor information is a little crowded.

Don

• Customer Support Software

The best church software for the price

Reviewed on 2016-11-30

We were looking for a new software to replace an old, outdated, no longer supported program. After looking at several, we found most of them overpriced, and all seemed too cumbersome and difficult for our senior citizen, not too computer savvy, money counters. Then we found Donarius. We at first felt that at such a low price, there was no way it would fit our needs. Much to our surprise, it was by far the easiest to use of any that we tried, and its simplicity suited us perfectly. We don't need comprehensive functions, just keeping track of the donations and tax statements, and it is perfect for our needs. When we experienced a problem about a function we needed that was not there, the company actually made a revision, just for us. Another question resulted in a simple procedural change on our part to solve it after the company pointed out a function that we didn't know existed. I truly believe that this is the best software for the price to be found anywhere. We are finishing up our second year of using it, and we are 100% satisfied.

Pros

Ease of learning and use.

Cons

Just that it requires F8 "multiple donation" separate entries for multiple checks or a combination of cash and checks. Our old software had boxes for filling several checks and cash all on the same screen, and that was much easier.

Terry

Donarius review

Reviewed on 2019-05-10

The program has been beneficial and allows us to print accurate receipts for donors. Overall, it is easy to enter the donations and use the software. Good value for the cost.

Pros

The software is offered at a reasonable price and is split into different modules which allows you to purchase only what is required. It is easy to input the data and pull up reports.

Cons

The platform can be restrictive in that it isn't always simple to modify how reports appear and on some donor list reports several of the fields print out over each other. I have not been able to find a way to make donors inactive so that they don't appear when scrolling through the names when inputting weekly donations. It would be helpful to have a non tax receipt available to provide to other charities that provide funds.

Response from Nuverb Systems

Explained to the customer there is an update to fix the overlapping. Also explained how to do the items mentioned in the 'Cons' section.

Megan

Easy to Use Software

Reviewed on 2016-11-30

I have been working for the church for 6 years and have used this from day one. I have used other software and this is by far the easiest to catch on to. I love the fact that I can use it and explain it to others to use in my absence. It is an easy to use software with no frills. For the church I work for it meets our needs and is compatible to our other programs, and fits in our budget.

Pros

Budget friendly, and easy to use. We have just started to use the email feature and I love it!

Cons

The texting aspect. None of our local carriers were listed so it was hard to get the initial set-up going.

Ernie

• Customer Support Software

Great software for our church

Reviewed on 2016-11-30

The software is easy to use and the user interface is quite intuitive most of the time. There are a few items that seem hard to find, like specific reports. From the support experience in the past, I am sure there are ways to get the info, but I am not inclined to ask for help. We have been very happy with this program and would highly recommend it. When I did ask for support, the answer came quickly, and was very personal. Good job.

Pros

It is very simple to use. It takes very little disk space, is easy to back up, and the data is encrypted. It recognizes which week it is, and makes weekly entry easy.

Cons

Sometimes, it is a little difficult to change an individual entry from the past. It is not intuitive how to go directly to one giver, and I have to go through the whole list to get the right person. With the code for the person, it is easier, but I sometimes have trouble with that.

Response from Nuverb Systems

Customer has been contacted with details about how to do a report for one donor.

Scott

Why we use and endorse Donarius Software

Reviewed on 2019-12-05

Recently we had a challenge with logging into Donarius, and the staff helped us greatly to ensure quick resolution, very professional and great to work with.

Pros

We love the customer service, the ease of which it is to use the product, as it takes very little training to learn how to use it and it’s very effective and very accurate in creating reports and tracking donors

Cons

I really have no complaints, I would recommend for all organizations

John
  • Industry: Farming

• Customer Support Software

Why Donarius works for me!

Reviewed on 2016-12-14

The people - always courteous and helpful (I can almost see their smile).
My comments are for the...

The people - always courteous and helpful (I can almost see their smile).
My comments are for the offering and receipting modules only! (in no particular order)
1) It complies very well with Revenue Canada's current requirements.
2) The advice popups are helpful to do it right the first time.
3) Unreceiptable giving can be recorded as well, so the total given matches the cheque total.
4) The deposit information format makes it easy to copy onto the bank deposit slip.
5) The arithmetic is always done correctly.
6) The directory option is great too.
7) A variety of analysis of giving is helpful in planning.
8) Any problems I have with Donarius is not the software's fault - it's ME!.
9) A simple procedure for replacing lost receipts.
10) Receipt summary handy for reference and for filling out T3010.
Works well for me (us)

Pros

An accurate way to record finances!
Only pay for modules used.

Richard

Affordable & East

Reviewed on 2019-05-17

Pros

It is easy for volunteers to use.
Great for tracking donations

Cons

Would like to be able to customize the statements more with different fonts and with our logo.

Pushpay, ShelbyNext Membership and ShelbyNext Financials

Reasons for Switching to Donarius

Price

Response from Nuverb Systems

Explained how to add a logo and customize fonts.

Jeff

• Customer Support Software

Awesome tool for our ministry

Reviewed on 2016-12-14

Our ministry has used Donarius for years, it helps make our accounting and handling partner giving so easy. It's really easy to use and it's a real blessing.

Pros

Easy to use, even though I am not very tech minded.

Cons

Sometimes it's a difficult to enter foreign addresses. Some fields are not used in foreign addresses, but the fields require something to be input.

Randy

• Customer Support Software

Great donation tracking software!

Reviewed on 2016-12-13

We have been using Donarius for about five years now, and have not had any issues with it at all. It is fast and easy to input the donations, and the setup is fantastically easy. We need to do some housekeeping on our installation (cleaning out old categories and deleting obsolete donors and such), but other than that, it just plugs right along, week to week, running without a hitch. The backup function is effortless, and the export function works much better than some of the high-end accounting programs do. As always, there is room for improvement, such as more and varied types of reports, but that is a given with any accounting package. Overall, we have been exceptionally pleased with Donarius and hope to continue to use it for years to come.

Pros

Ease of use and speed

Cons

Reporting functions need some additions

Mary Beth

• Customer Support Software

Highly recommended for church donation recording.

Reviewed on 2019-12-10

Donarius allows us to be accountable to the government so we stay current with tax requirements. The developers stay up on current system updates to make sure their product will run smoothly, and they keep you up-to-date on their status.

Pros

Ease of use. It is simple and user friendly. If I have any problems the developers are very helpful and accommodating. Although it is "simple" to use, it can perform several complicated functions, like annual reports and mailing lists.

Cons

Because we use an Apple platform, and the Donarius program is Windows based, the start up can be a little slow but once it is up and running I have no problems.

Thomas

Donarius Exceeds Expectations

Reviewed on 2016-11-30

In the fall of 2015 I was looking to replace my contribution software because I could not import electronic contributions. I had no other issues with the old software. Based on prior experience, I had a very specific set of criteria the new software had to meet in terms of entering data, the ability to import electronic contributions, receipt print out, and price. Donarius met most of the criteria.

After downloading a trial version of the software, I could not make the check reader work. Mr. Cordovado and I traded a number of emails in helping me get the check reader formatted properly even though I was using a trial version of the software. Additionally, he made himself available to answer other questions I had.

After purchasing the program, he added some additional reports to meet my needs. Most software vendors tell you to take what they have.

When I ran into a problem trying to record donations when a donor gave three checks in a day causing the program issues, the issue was quickly resolved.

Donarius software has met all my needs and the support provided has exceeded my expectations. Although switching software brings some trials and tribulations going through the learning curve, I do not regret switching. Based on my experience to date, I would not swich back to my old software under any circumstances. Donarius is so much better. I would recommend it without reservation.

Gary

Donarius Church/Donor Management Software

Reviewed on 2009-07-07

Donarius is a simple to use, well-thought-out and masterfully designed piece of software. It was designed for regular people. You don't have to be a programmer to understand it and get it to do everything you need. Everyone in our organization loves it because it could be customized to fit our exact needs. It is such an improvement over the "big name" Church Management software that used to clutter up our offering computer and send us home every week with a headache. It's free to try- so try it. You'll know soon enough if Donarius is what you are looking for.

Pros

Our organization needed a simple program to record and report weekly church offerings. A big "pro" is that Donarius is exactly what we were looking for- easy to use, easy to customize to fit our exact needs and the price is right. Simply stated, "it works." The program is very stable and there are never any lockups or loss of data, as we experienced with other similar but more expensive programs. The biggest "pro," however, is the superb technical support. Every issue is addressed and every question gets answered until you, the customer, are satisfied. The program has been updated free-of-charge several times, each time to correct minor issues that users found.

Cons

I can't think of anything to put here.