NAPA TRACS

Web-based platform for automotive repair shops

4.2/5
4.0/5
4.1/5
Customer Support Software
4.4/5

JOHN

A great sales tool

Reviewed on 10/3/2018

Tracs has been a great assett to our business, allowing us to easily quote and sell jobs, as well as order parts and track inventory.

Pros

Tracs is very helpful when it comes to recommending and selling products and services in the automotive industry. I feel one of its best features is the ability to write several estimates under one ticket using the sub estimate feature. This makes it very flexable to show the customer multiple options with several different repairs and options.

Cons

While not a major issue, the thing I like least about using Tracs is having to back up the system every day. Not requiring all users to be logged out before backing up is a major improvement.

Response from NAPA Auto Parts

Hi John, glad you liked the upgrade to the back up process. In our Enterprise platform, NO ONE has to log out during a back up, and back ups can be set to automatically happen multiple times a day.

Ronald

• Customer Support Software

Good overall shop management solution if you have an extremely great computer system.

Reviewed on 5/24/2022

Still plugging along with this hoping things will improve. The platform has the potential to be the best in the industry but needs a ton of cleanup in the code, improvement with the integrations and frankly, the price point is exorbitant for something with as many issues.

Pros

Overall a great shop management tool. Full featured and handles most all aspects of your shop from estimate through invoice along with history and accounting reports.

Cons

The code that drives the software is very klunky. It's so heavy to run that the best computer you can buy off the shelf at your local electronics supplier will struggle to keep up. Be prepared to invest in a computer that is WAY above average in both processor power and ram. Otherwise you'll be restarting your Napa Tracs several times a day to release the memory the software has bogged everything down with. Often by lunch time on a busy day I'll find I "click" a tab and wait upwards of 2 minutes for the software to move. So a restart becomes mandatory. Altogether, this process costs me more time than the otherwise convenient software saves. Additionally, parts tech catalog integration is dismal at best. Works ok for looking up parts across your vendors and transferring said parts to a work order, but you cannot order from it any more. You still have to go to your individual vendor, look the parts up again and then order from there.

Anna

NAPA Tracs - Legacy

Reviewed on 5/24/2022

Overall we've had a positive experience with NAPA Tracs.

Pros

We've used this program almost exclusively for the last 12 years. It has much to offer, but as it's been replaced with the Enterprise software, getting support and improvements can be difficult.

The things we like include being able to group all job-related items together; building jobs with labor, parts and sub-items; ensuring POs are received prior to invoicing; noting how our new customers heard about our business; various report options to help us learn about our productivity. We've just moved our Senior Technician to book time and the two reports that reflect book time are mostly helpful, when the data is accurate.

Cons

There is little to no support for the Legacy software, and the team is clear about there being no improvements to this software - that's frustrating. It's pointless to share other frustrations as the Legacy program is not longer offered to start-up shops for use.

Jennifer

Napa Tracs liking it

Overall I’m really happy with Napa Tracs

Pros

Overall I feel that tracks is a easy system to learn and operate. A lot of the new features in Enterprise make things easy. But there are some areas that could use some improvement.

Cons

Hard to reconcile invoices, would be nice if you could use the escape button like you used to be able to to exit out of something. Would love to be able to customize the color system used to flag things like customers waiting etc.. I really like the new scheduler except when I make appointments for existing customers I am not able to change their information like telephone number or if they’ve gotten a new vehicle I can’t add or delete a vehicle from the scheduler page would be nice to be able to do that all in one step

Amy

Love Napa Tracs

Reviewed on 5/25/2022

Finding warranties , old notes - the way it keeps track of vehicle history has been a huge blessing as opposed to going through papers in the cabinet, also it saving where the part came from. Its the best.

Pros

Ease of use is my favorite thing about it, though I would change 1-2 things if I could. Item history has got to be my favorite tab, also I love the convenance of transferring parts directly to the work order from Napa pro-link or parts tech.

Cons

I miss the freedom we had to enter something as simple as : Dump trailer , gooseneck trailer on the pre- 3.0 version of tracs , though it did still require a year to be entered in which I usually noted 0 year, but also sometimes the customer thinks it unimportant to provide info in which case I used to enter 0 year and Unknown Vehicle into the vehicle info.

Danelle

Needs to be updated

Reviewed on 6/7/2022

Pros

I like that Napa is integrated with the software. It makes my job of making estimates easy.

Cons

I get the most frustrated that I can only use one window at a time. There are times that while making an estimate I will either have a customer come in to pay or the phone rings and I need to get in another window. This forces me to end what I am doing so I can help the customer.

ALLDATA
Shawn

• Customer Support Software

Great product for your shop

Reviewed on 5/24/2022

Pros

Ease of use, intergration with parts and labor guides. scheduling has gotten a lot better

Cons

Accounting is not user friendl by any means.

Mark

Great product

Reviewed on 6/1/2022

I have used TRACS for 20 years and have been a power user and attended training and have even participated in assisting the support team troubleshoot and correct issues. Everyone I have dealt with these past 20 years has been friendly and helpful. The features and benefits as well as the overall ability of the software to perform all needed activities is amazing. Very few users can even comprehend how much TRACS can accomplish.

Pros

I use most every feature TRACS. The ability to connect, look up parts, transfer them to the work order and transmit the order is excellent. The support has been awesome since the first day. The TRACS team is constantly updating features.

Cons

There are always things that some user may want and others may never use but the support team tries to add features when available to meet your needs.

Mary

Napa tracs is VITAL

Reviewed on 6/1/2022

Napa tracs and our representatives have been a valuable asset to our business. Can't imagine not having it

Pros

Many features in tracs are important to our business. As the accountant, I love how the info from tracs propagates to our Quickbooks with one click. It's a central place for all info needed by our team.

Cons

Sometimes customer payments don't close out their invoices. They show a zero balance on their account but in quickbooks they have open invoices that the payments aren't applying to. I have to manually close those invoices.

Good program

Reviewed on 10/9/2018

It has been pretty good, customer service have not been as well as the program.

Pros

It has a lot of options that we use in your business and helps with record keeping of customers.

Cons

It doesn't allow to keep track of technicians very well and their time.

Response from NAPA Auto Parts

Good Morning, TRACS does indeed keep track of Technician Productivity. We track Billed hours/Actual hours and our Legacy version even has a built in time clock that keeps the Actual Hours in sync. Have you seen the online videos that show how these features work?

Charlie

• Customer Support Software

Workhorse Software with a broad range

Reviewed on 8/28/2021

Our shop has used three other major competitor software systems. We are a NAPA Auto Care Center and after a ton of problems with catalog integration in a major cloud based competitor we switched to Tracs Enterprise. We have Integrated AutoVitals with text to pay features and did not miss a step.

Pros

As the title states TRACS is an application that will do heavy lifting for organizations of any size. The set of features and capabilities exceeds my ability to master them. I do know that when and if we need to extend the software or add a capability its likely a phone call or two away. The support folks screen share and work through issues very well.

Cons

I will welcome when TRACS moves to the cloud. The ability to login from the road and work up a quote or run reports is hampered by the server based application. Its not impossible but requires a 3rd party applications.

We would also prefer to have more control over the appearance of invoices and estimates to create an updated look.

Don

• Customer Support Software

Happy but some room for improvement

Reviewed on 5/24/2022

Pros

I like being able to check the parts at the NAPA store, I also like the capability to look up the times for the labor estimates.

Cons

I do not like to have the caps lock on all the time and I would really prefer to be able to see on the invoice when customers have made multiple payments and what the final total is when telling them it is done and not have to figure out what payments they have made and what their balance is.

Response from NAPA Auto Parts

Hi, you might be on our Legacy platform. You do not have to use the caps lock all of the time, That is a user preference. TRACS Enterprise 3.3 allows also has the features you are looking that you describe in your post. would you like someone to contact you about upgrading?

Erin

Happy Customer

Reviewed on 5/24/2022

Pros

The integration was simple. Love that it works so well with quick books. Invoicing is easy.

Cons

I can't copy and paste information when sending a email. When ever I'm composing the email. If I get interrupted, it won't save my custom information. Once I close it, I loose my progress. It doesn't allow me to copy my progress either.

Todd

Tracs review

Reviewed on 6/1/2022

Pros

I like the ability to pull up another work order while working on other ones

Cons

I would like to delete part numbers that are incorrect

David

• Customer Support Software

Shop management tool that allows me to be successful and profitable.

Reviewed on 5/10/2018

This software allows me to communicate with my customers easier, and allows me to keep track of how profitable and effective I am with using this tool. It also allows me to send emails to customers for authorization as well. Just getting up to speed on the current function but intrigued for the new upgrades.

Pros

The ease that allows me to order parts from my primary vendors quickly without making a call which would delay my day. Upgrading from what was in Legacy version to the newer Enterprise version is one of the best things to occur. No longer lip service actual live information.

Cons

Currently working to update the calendar to work smoother. A cleaner interaction when ordering parts and having to adjust the PO is a concern. If there isn't a data import taking place then there will be an adjustment process on getting used to adding in customers, unless you have office assistant to help.

matt

• Customer Support Software

Powerful but needs some tweaks to be competitive with newer products

Reviewed on 9/26/2022

Pros

Its a very powerful software that is very underutilized

Cons

ability to scan to ro. ability to have a separate accounting/ hour matrix for comebacks and warranty work. integration with other card processing machines. built in vehicle inspection reporting system

Jodi

Napa TRACS

Reviewed on 6/1/2022

Overall experience has been very good. We have used TRACS since the early 2000's.

Pros

We like the ease of use with Napa TRACS and the reporting features and reports are helpful in looking at numbers.

Cons

There are a few little things I would like changed but understand that the company has to go with what the majority use. I would like to see easier payment entry when entering fleet payments and full options for payments on the invoice screen.

Matt

napa tracs

Reviewed on 5/24/2022

Pros

Software is easy to use. Doesn't take long to figure out how to use it. Makes it very easy to see what you have done in the past for a customer. You can create multiple estimates for a customer, and as they approve them just transfer them right to your work order.

Cons

When you are creating estimates for a customer they are tied to the invoice that you created them on. If a customer decides to do a job later you have to go back through your past invoices to find where the estimate is.

Azael

Owner

I love it

Pros

I just love the software in general. Over the years it has made my job easier

Cons

I would like to add picture messages if possible. Other companies have it.

Shopmonkey

Reasons for Switching to NAPA TRACS

The price
Lamar

Dunno

Reviewed on 6/7/2022

Pros

85% good 85% good 85 % good 85 percent good

Cons

Cons for software, I had two locations so when I go to invoice someone and accept payment it automatically fills in the blank on how much they should pay. however if they previously had a balance from the former shop it doesn't calculate the right amount owed. definitely screwed me out of money when one of my employee's accept a payment and they don't accept the right amount. because of a software glitch.

Karen

• Customer Support Software

Amazing software for my small automotive/repair business

Reviewed on 6/7/2022

Pros

my customers depend on me to let them know when and what there vehicle needs and if a part is under warranty i can see when it was put on there vehicle.....

Cons

Nothing!!! If my computer goes down i am lost with my napa tracs

Teresa

Smh

Reviewed on 3/23/2021

Customer service thumbs down.

Pros

Once you’re use to it it’s like riding a bike. They send tech support to the shop to get set up which was great. He was a gem. Now if you call customer support be prepared to be in hold for quit some time. I usually let number for a call back. After waiting half hour I have to call back. Too much time to wait!!!

Cons

This is our first shop management software so I can’t compare to others.

Jim

Tracs

Reviewed on 6/10/2022

It’s been a very positive experience

Pros

The support staff. They are always there and helpful. I never feel dump for asking a question they may think is basic

Cons

I really don’t know of anything negative to say except that I think some of the updates are unnecessary and confusing. See I have a sight problem so ever simple changes can make my life miserable. But I catch on after awhile.

jason

NAPA TRACS Review

Reviewed on 5/24/2022

lol i couldnt even take this servay properly without using lower case. i mean why does it even matter is i type all upper case or lower case? it doesnt matter in any software but yours that im aware of

Pros

i like it better than pen and paper. and trac is just a bit easier than using paper

Cons

I dislike that YOU CAN ONLY SHEARCH BY LAST NAME, I DISLIKE THAT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE UPPERCASE AND THAT YOUR SHEARCH HAS TO BE SO EXACT OTHER WISE IT WILL NOT FIND

Blake

Gets the job done

Reviewed on 6/3/2022

We use it daily and no major issues thus far, other than when having to make corrections when customers are charged incorrectly.

Pros

It's interface is fairly easy to use and being able to see what is in stock at the stores can be very helpful.

Cons

When making corrections it can be a litte confusing and a little more user friendly.
If this system could print old schooler mailer reminders for the user to send to customers