Giftbit

Simple, powerful digital rewards and incentives software.

4.5/5
4.2/5
4.5/5
Customer Support Software
4.6/5

• Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

• Customer Support Software

Powerful and good overall for large quantities, but not without hiccups

Reviewed on 4/27/2021

This streamlined option for sending large quantities of gift cards is worth the hiccups along the way due to some great features and exceptional customer service. I know that Giftbit cares about satisfying its customers and I believe they will continue to optimize the experience going forward.

Pros

There are not many offerings that I could find that would facilitate mass gift card sends as well as provide the recipients multiple options as to where to redeem their gift. This saves a lot of time as well as avoids 1000 different charges on your credit card (which might even get blocked by your bank)- it's all consolidated! They also have different gift card options for various international regions, which is important to note if you have international recipients (you will have to do separate projects by region) - but that guarantees they won't have any trouble redeeming from where they are! The best aspect of this company is the customer service, though. They were super fast, helpful and resolved everything for me, free of charge, even when I made some mistakes that probably cost them some money. They have a live chat feature which I utilized, and copies of messages are sent to your email when you are not online! Another exceptional feature is that you get 50% of your money back from any unredeemed gift cards. Normally you'd send out gifts not knowing who uses them or having any shot at recuperating unused money! Overall, some super smart features and offerings. I would definitely use Giftbit again.

Cons

I was able to resolve all of my issues; however, initially I ran into some hiccups related to contact entry in my recipient database 95% of my excel sheet imported but I had to scan for the missing ones and manually enter them. As well, some recipients could not receive the Giftbit email because their company domains blocked Giftbit as a sender due to firewall protections. For those who could not receive, I sent to them individualized links for redemption via my personal email. This is a fine solution, but time consuming, and defeats the purpose of utilizing a system like this.

Emily
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Great for recognition

Reviewed on 4/21/2021

Pros

Giftbit works really well for our needs as a weekly recognition program. It is easy to send, and use the gift cards. Love that you can save templates to use quickly but you can also create new templates just as easily. They have an extensive list of gift cards that satisfy anyone's preferences. Overall, would recommend Giftbit to others for it's ease of use.

Cons

Most difficult part is the reporting. I wish there was an easier way to run reports without having to wait for them to be generated and sent to your email. Also from the contacts, you should be able to click each one and find out how much you have gifted/any outstanding balances immediately. Would like to see those features improved upon.

Justina
  • Used for 2+ years

Easy and cost effective

Reviewed on 4/26/2021

Working with Giftbit has been great. We've been sending gift cards with them for a few years now, and we've seen the platform improve a lot.

Pros

We chose Giftbit because we realized a large chunk of our digital gift cards weren't being redeemed. Giftbit was the perfect solution to help us recoup some of that money and apply it to the next order. It's easy to upload contacts and make templates. They also allow for a bunch of different gift card options which shows that we care about our recipients (by letting them choose which type of gift is right for them).

Cons

You can resend an email individually with the click of a button, but it would be nice to be able to do a bulk reminder or resend to those who haven't claimed their offer yet, maybe with the ability to add some text. While the ability to get some of your unclaimed money back is great, our first preference is for recipients to use their gift cards!

Kimberlee
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Giftbit has saved me!

Reviewed on 5/5/2021

It has saved me so much time and stress- very thankful to have found Giftbit!

Pros

I use to spend hours sending referral gifts and asking people what they wanted and Giftbit has taken all of that away from me and saved me hours. Our referral sources love it and always say how cool it is they get to select so many great options. ALSO I am able to track and see who has not used a gift card and easily resend to them.

Cons

I wish I had a way to revise the email if I accidently put it in wrong as I have made a few mistakes and then not been able to resend. Usually customer service helps right away though!

Sandra

Easy and Convenient

Reviewed on 4/26/2021

I have used GiftBit both at this job and my previous job. Previously we used it extensively to reward people for completing post-event surveys or for watching a webinar. At this job, we use it to send a $50 gift card to our home buyers on their 6 month anniversary.

Pros

Love that I can download links and send email myself. Love the fact that the recipient can have an option on what gift they want from three choices, if I set it up that way. Love the reporting to see if any recipients haven't claimed their gift, so we can remind them.

Cons

Sending an email from the system lands it in junk mail at times, so I use downloadable links to circumvent that.

Archna
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Giftbit helps us a lot in effectively managing the Rewards and Incentive Programs.

Reviewed on 4/30/2021

Pros

We loved how easy it is to buy and send e-gift cards to our users with Giftbit. Giftbit offers various gift cards to choose from and also offers the sending of gift cards in bulk. They also offer Visa Gift card for just additional 2.95$, which is most loved by our users. We can manually customize the Reward Template and add our brand logo, details of the incentive program and reward message. By using the Giftbit API, we can automate the whole incentive/loyalty program. We can effectively improve the reward program by monitoring the gift card delivery and redemption.

Cons

The major issue we face while using Giftbit is that if a recipient does not accept a gift card, we get only 50% of the face value back. We really wish that they should do something about it. Other than this, we so far haven't faced any major issue with Giftbit.

Brittany

Easy way to send gifts

Reviewed on 4/29/2021

So happy that I found Giftbit and our agency will continue using this service for years to come.

Pros

Giftbit allowed me to send a gift to over 200 employees with multiple options that pleased everyone. During the pandemic, it wasn't realistic to send gift cards to everyone's home when we wanted to reward them. All of the staff loved and appreciated being able to choose their favorite store or restaurant to use their gift card at.

Cons

To ensure we didn't lose money on the project, I purchased the links and had to individually send the gift cards to each employee - that way, if they didn't redeem them in time, I could redeem them and send them to their email (which happened a lot) before we lost half the value of the gift card. It just made it tedious for me.

Katie
  • Industry: Information Services

• Customer Support Software

The answer to your reward issuing problems

Reviewed on 3/22/2019

Pros

-Template feature
-Ease of ordering
-Contact retention (with the ability to resend or see if someone has claimed the gift card yet)
-Customer Service Team is quick to answer and can always resolve my issues

Cons

I wished that there was additional currency choices and gift card type. Also wish there was a way to view the orders by number, when its monthly reporting time, digging through my emails can be a pain.

Angel
  • Used for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and navigate. Superb customer service!

Reviewed on 4/29/2021

I am a very happy customer! It made my work easy and I will definitely recommend. Even in times that I needed to ask some questions, the customer support were quick to respond. :)

Pros

What I love about Giftbit is that it's very user-friendly. Easy to navigate and customize. You can create a campaign in a few minutes. I have been using it for more than 2 years now and I haven't had any issue so far.

Cons

Haven't encountered any issue so far- so all good! :)

Hayley

Easy to use, No frills

Reviewed on 4/20/2021

Positive and simple.

Pros

The simplicity of sending and customizing gifts, multiple options for sharing the gift, and the availability to create templates and repeat the process again.

Cons

The lack of gift choices, inability to send internationally, and the contact import isn't very user-friendly.

Heather
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

• Customer Support Software

Easy to send out a LOT of gift cars

Reviewed on 4/26/2021

Overall, this is a great tool. But I find that I use the other program more because I'm not pressed for time, and I come out better financially with the other one.

Pros

This is really easy to use and allowed me to send out gift cards to everyone at my company. There are lots of gift cards options. And anytime I had a question, the team was so quick to answer politely and completely.

Cons

I can use other programs that don't charge me per order. Those same other programs gives me rewards back, meaning money back to me.

Scott
  • Industry: Medical Devices

• Customer Support Software

Fast and easy gift cards for customers

Reviewed on 7/27/2021

Couldn't be more pleased. This was the gift card solution I was looking for.

Pros

It's very easy to purchase credits and send gift cards. I send customers gift cards after they participate in an educational Zoom meeting. It takes me less than 60 seconds to send the gift card. The incentive drives participation in the calls, which in turn drives sales. My customers really like that they get a choice of gift card as well.

Cons

I had trouble getting my logo sized properly and looking good in my template. However, I asked for help through the online chat box and my problem was solved in less than a day. There was a lot of effort and conversation by [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in order to make sure I got exactly what I wanted. The support was stellar.

Ashley
  • Used for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

Tech-forward way to reward employees

Reviewed on 4/26/2021

Overall great - ease of use and efficiency were amazing with the automations and templates.

Pros

The ease of use to send Giftcards via links or email to many different people, on different teams at the company. It also has a great template setup and makes automations very quick.

Cons

We do have international employees and the functionality isn't there for Giftbit to send internationally — which was a small snag but since we're U.S.-based, it wasn't a huge issue. I can see it deterring international/global customers though.

Rob
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Modern Platform, Easy UI.

Reviewed on 11/9/2018

I would recommend Giftbit to anyone wanting to incentivize or reward people. This is a minimal-hassle platform that takes the pain out of keeping track of hundreds or thousands of gift cards sent.

Pros

The Giftbit interface is lightweight and intuitive. I can easily check on the status of Giftbits I've sent to recipients, and know who has and who hasn't activated their rewards yet. I also like the bulk options, for sending hundreds of Giftbits at a time.

Cons

We would like Giftbit and VISA to allow Visa Incentive Cards to be sent (and used) outside the US, this would greatly expand our use of the platform.

Drew

• Customer Support Software

Low friction way to get gift cards out in bulk

Reviewed on 4/20/2021

Very low friction to get started, and support is helpful and responsive.

Pros

Giftbit is relatively easy to use, and allows us to quickly get bulk sends of gift cards out into customer or employee hands. We usually use Giftbit rather than Sendoso (who we also work with) for digital gift card sends, as it's more cost efficient and quicker for bulk sending.

Cons

The template is rigid and has awkward wording built in ("[Company name] sent you an offer"), which does not relate to 90% or more of our actual sends. No way to change that. Lacking a few notable options in Canada, despite being a Canadian company (such as Uber Eats, so we have to use Sendoso for those.)

Jason

Giftbit was easy to use

Reviewed on 4/26/2021

It was great experience. None of our prize winners had any issues redeming their prize.

Pros

The platform was easy to use and helped me keep track of which gifts have been redeemed or not.

Cons

The software covered all of my needs and was easy to use. I don't really have any negative feedback. However, I used it for one event, so I didn't use multiple campagins.

Nadine

Giftbit Is AWESOME!

Reviewed on 5/7/2021

Great!

Pros

Giftbit is easy to use. With only a few clicks, you can send a gift to a large group of people. It's been a life-saver, especially in this COVID/remote world. Plus, the Giftbit team is extremely responsive and helpful. You can't beat that type of service!

Cons

I think Giftbit was easy to use and self-explanatory.

Alfredo

• Customer Support Software

A few minutes to set up, hours of time saved

Reviewed on 1/8/2020

Pros

In that past, we would manually purchase gift cards for our users. Then I discovered Giftbit. In just a few minutes, I was able to integrate our CRM with Giftbit via Zapier. Now all our team has to do is tag a user in our CRM and BOOM the card is sent automatically. We also had a spreadsheet where we would keep track of how much we were spending on gift cards. Guess what? That's automated now too. Giftbit has saved me hours of time. It's only been a few weeks, but I'm hoping to never go back to the old way!

Cons

The Zapier integration is still in beta, so there were some quirks as I was setting it up. Nothing too challenging.

Caitlin

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use gift card company!

Reviewed on 4/26/2021

It's a great platform that helps us connect with our clients which is an essential part of our business.

Pros

I love the simplicity of the platform and how easy it is to send our clients gift cards. I also like the reporting feature.

Cons

The cost of each gift card is a little higher than the other software we used to use but the quality of the platform makes up for it.

Stacey
  • Industry: Human Resources

• Customer Support Software

Nice easy way to fulfill gift cards.

Reviewed on 4/29/2021

Pros

Loved the Zapier integration with our survey system.
Super easy to customize.
Lots of gift card choices.
Good customer support.

Cons

I wish I could just attach a credit card and get billed for the cards as sent, versus the buying credits situation.

• Industry: Public Safety

• Customer Support Software

Great instant Product - Easy UX (Needs more Canadian Selection)

Reviewed on 8/24/2018

Employee rewards are always relevant in the moment and you don't always go ourt and buy gift cards...And variety is another issue...These guys solve that problem...

Pros

- Visual
- Instant reward & Gift
- Tracking and utilization

Cons

Need more Canadian Options to be able to match the vast selection in the USD side

MICHAEL
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Make It Easier

Reviewed on 4/26/2021

Good but far from great.

Pros

Once you get it, not too hard to use. Recent changes have actually made it harder.

Cons

The template build feature stinks. At times I just want to send something quick and it takes longer than it should.

Brandon
  • Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

The idea is great, but the execution is poor.

Reviewed on 5/5/2018

Clients used the gift cards, but it was a huge waste of time getting it setup. However, I dreaded having to login and use their software everytime I had to because it was very confusing and their support team was quick to respond, but not very empathetic apologetic about the issues on their UI.

Pros

I like that you can get some money back for unclaimed cards. A great choice of vendors to select from for the gift card purchase.

Cons

A confusing user interface that lacks basic functionality such as confirmation messages after purchase, lack of notifications, holding former draft orders in limbo. After some back and forth with support, they said I wasn't using the software "correctly". It shoudln't be used to purchase gift cards, but rather as some kind of marketing automation tool.

Response from Giftbit

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback - we always want to ensure our customers have a great experience and I'm sorry to hear that you did not. I would also love to gather more of your feedback. As your email is not displayed, please feel free to email [email protected] to chat further.

Melodie

• Customer Support Software

Ease of gift giving at your fingertips!

Reviewed on 4/26/2021

I have had not problems, it has exceeded my expectations.

Pros

Giftbit has made it so easy for me to send gifts of appreciation to clients and staff. I can customize the gift for the recipient. I love the ability to loo to see if the gift has been opened and/or redeemed.

Cons

I can't seem to be able to give an Amazon gift card from USA. For almost 6 months it says pending. We have clients in both Canada and USA, and it would be nice to have Amazon gift cards available in either country.

Kathleen

• Customer Support Software

Great product -- especially in virtual world

Reviewed on 4/26/2021

A great option for staff appreciation.

Pros

We typically gave in-person incentives to employees at various company events. This product allows to to recognize our staff virtually, customizing the experience for them. A great option for staff appreciation.

Cons

The fees associated with VISA giftcards are high so we typically do not choose to use VISA.