Momence

Software for managing live events and on-demand experiences.

4.5/5
4.4/5
4.4/5
Customer Support Software
4.5/5

Claudia

Momence Alternative for Mindbody

Reviewed on 2022-08-01

Pros

Integration within my business was easy. The transition process was very smooth and handled very professionally by the team at Momence. The features within the software are fantastic, it is web-optimised. My clients have had no trouble transferring over to this new system and was a seamless experience for them.

Cons

I genuinely don't have a comment here. We haven't been using the software for too long but so far, so good.

Allison

march 2022 leela yoga

Reviewed on 2022-03-24

Overall its a good experience. I like that y'all are making changes frequently and are pretty flexible! It would be cool to have a user council call with other Momence users and discuss best practices.

Pros

I think it's pretty intuitive and you're able to easily make changes to the schedule. I think the sms texting is awesome - I also think adding a customized sms texting group would be amazing! I love the staff they are very helpful! I also love the tagging feature an saving of static vs dynamic "lists". It would be nice to have a feature to auto email a student that has only been to the studio one time in 3 months or set a time frame automatically.

Cons

I think reporting needs to improve and the way to download reports. For example pulling a teachers classes you should be able to do in one download all classes and individual students and info in one file. Not individual files for each class. Also, I think it would be helpful to distinguish between membership and class passes for example drop-in or a 5 or 10 class pass should not fall under the category of membership - membership should be revenue committed for a continual basis by contract. Also it would be nice on the user profile to separate out the buying/purchases from the attendance

Jovana
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

They charged me before I could use the software

Reviewed on 2022-08-05

They booked the demo, then cancelled it and took the monthly subscription before I was even able to start using the software.

Pros

It was supposed to be cheaper then mindbody.

Cons

Bad customer service. How can I even make up my kind if I’m charged for the software before I even get to learn how to use it?

Michelle

Forward Thinking Software

Reviewed on 2022-07-27

Although we had a few hiccups during the onboarding experience, we appreciated the immediate support and answers to questions, as well as timely resolution to support issues during start up. We still have a lot to learn and hoping to maximize the customer success contact to help with this.

Pros

Momence is forward thinking in its features and open to feedback to support future updates. Their support center is very quick in their responses and work to resolve any issues as fast as possible. In addition to an onboarding team, a customer success contact is also assigned to provide ongoing training on the software to increase confidence in the system. Having the opportunity to demo the system and have personal hands-on experience also helped solidify our decision with moving to Momence.

Cons

Would like to see calendar integrations in the future, as well as future scheduling for recurring classes to be able to update ahead of time versus waiting for the minimum 5 classes ahead. Need the ability to restrict classes by age as well as an overall calendar that shows all classes, appointments etc. for entire staff with the public view being able to add closing days. Otherwise, the software has much more than previous software used.

Claire

Adaptable to studio needs

Reviewed on 2022-03-17

In the beginning a lot of our packages and memberships were inputted wrong which was a big headache and stress for me and handeling with clients. Since then has been fixed and everyone is so nice and helpful at problem solving.

Pros

It's great that it's a new company willing to grow WITH your needs. They were able to adjust things to suit our needs and the clients, by how they book to our different studio spaces. Our clients found the software easier to use then MINDBODY it was a short transition to get use to the new system.

Cons

I think there's room for improvement looking ahead to which classes in the future to edit or cancel for holidays. Someties our clients book ahead before I've had time to adjust.

Rebecca

• Customer Support Software

Great Experience, would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2022-03-16

Its been great and couldn't have asked for more.

Pros

The support that was given through the change over from one booking software to this one. They have a quick response team that made my feel super supported through the transition and afterwards. I also love how i can have an unlimited amount of video content on here and the app is a great feature.

Cons

Customers would love it if they could click onto multiple classes and then go through to payment rather than clicking to book and then pay for each individual class.

PushPress

Reasons for Choosing Momence

The app was the main feature that drew me in.

Bookwhen

Reasons for Switching to Momence

price and online membership options to upload all my videos.
Tiffany

Enjoying Momence So Far!

Reviewed on 2022-04-13

Wonderful so far, very happy to have a wholistic platform that handles almost all of my client needs to provide a great product and service.

Pros

The on-demand platform, scheduling capabilities, ease of use on the back-end, functionality, and future plans of the app are all things I enjoy most about using Momence.

Cons

I would like the teacher bio to be available for the customer to see. Also, I would like if there was a rewards platform, some way to bring monthly costs down for referrals, use of app, etc. something to help lower the cost, while providing resources or referrals to Momence would be so helpful from my perspective as a small business owner!

Jeni

Momence = innovation & excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2022-07-24

We offer fitness classes that bring joy & freedom for our clients bodies. Our booking system needs to mimic that, the steps a client needs to take to do this should be simple, seamless & just as joyful!

Momence in just a short time, 1 mth in whilst the change from MB to momence for our clients was big for them & for us, the positive feedback so far has helped reaffirm our decision to change over.

Not to mention that Momence is happy to learn from its clients and customers just as much as we are. To learn from what isn’t working & proactively and quickly remedy what needs to change.

Today - that is appreciated and so valued - thank you.

Pros

Zoom integration is just part of the platform. Video On demand library easy to set up, filter and manage videos 5 stars, scheduling multiple classes, hybrid classes, message clients through the software many of the features are just part of your subscription and not an expensive add on.

Not to mention customer service, support team and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] incredibly easy to work with and communicate. Support is responsive and timely and it’s a real person who is genuinely interested in solving answering your queries.

I would recommend Momence for absolutely any fitness, wellness studio, events business

Well done team - thank you for creating and developing the software & being malleable towards continuous improvement that comes from listening to customer both business & its clients.

Cons

Notifications of New Client's offered expiring
Lead management tools
Website integration is ok but leads to Momence website - be great if it interfaces seamlessly into studios website.

Kennan
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Mindbody to Momence

Reviewed on 2022-09-07

We struggled with our past software on both a staff facing level and when clients tried to use the program online. Everything was clunky and confusing. Momence has been a breath of fresh air and taken so much of the work out of managing our busy class and appointment schedules.

Pros

Momence is so easy to use for both our staff and our clients. Training has been a breeze.

Cons

We are missing some features we had with our old program, like customizing user access, but overall it's been great.

WooCommerce and CourseStorm

Mindbody
david

Great software platform

Reviewed on 2022-09-11

The transition from our old platform to moments was great. The staff at moments help to guide us through the process of migrating all of our data over to moments. We had a number of onboarding calls that helped us get trained in the software. Very professional company.

Pros

So many great features. Seems like we could grow into it.

Cons

More than we we prepared to pay, but good investment in the long run we hope.

Marsha

Momence Is Helping My Business Grow

Reviewed on 2022-09-27

Having the options of courses, classes and semesters has been valuable. Having all the different payment options has been great. The more I get to know the program, the more I realize all the information I can access and manipulate. As things are smoothing out, it is becoming a time saver for me. The customer support has been very appreciated by a few of my customers. For me the Q & A is awesome!! Thanks for all the time an effort you have put into this feature. Having a zoom link right on the class listing and Momence taking care of adding all the links has been amazing.

Pros

The calendar on my website where people can buy right from the website or jump to their account, is a great feature. I think this feature has brought in a few more folks. Many of my loyal customers have commented that this platform is very user friendly. I have tried a couple of different platforms and there is always a learning curve but switching to Momence seems to have presented less difficulty.

Cons

My bugaboo at first was setting the time of a class and realizing I had to hit return to set the time or it would revert to a default by the time I got down to hit the save button or finish putting in the other class parameters. The time zone thing also got a few of my customers who live in Fairbanks but have phone numbers from other time zones. I did figure out how to change that so any information that went out went out reflecting our time zone.

James

Transition from MINDBODY

Reviewed on 2022-03-09

Customer service, talking to real people with quick responses. Momence cares about it’s clients and does everything to accommodate them. The app is easy to use, and less confusing then some competitors that I’ve used. Super happy with my choose to transition and would recommend to anyone looking for a new all-in one software.

Pros

Momence transition customer service was absolutely top notch. They worked with me every step of the way as I transitioned from MINDBODY. My customers love the fresh, new, and modern look of the app. Additionally, other competitors won’t automatically show on the app which is a huge plus. Overall, my experience has been super good and I can’t recommend Momence enough for new business owners.

Cons

My input was recorded, and I have already seen changes working within the app.

Megan

• Customer Support Software

Momence is a great wellness platform!

Reviewed on 2022-03-24

Amazing! Everyone I worked with at Momence during the transition from our previous platform to Momence was incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, and kind. Since switching to Momence, we have a one person of contact that we reach out to with any issues and they have been extremely responsive and I don't have to worry about an issue being ignored. Momence also allows our staff members to be more hands off with the management of our Pilates classes and Massage appointments, which frees them up for other task.

Pros

We like how seamlessly our schedule and VOD was integrated into our website. We also like how easy the app is to use for our clients for purchasing packages and scheduling appointments and classes.

Cons

I feel the website integration could be improved by returning the clients to the businesses website to schedule more classes instead of taking the clients to Momence.com when they click "book more".

Marsha

• Customer Support Software

Highly recommend using Momence platform!

Reviewed on 2022-03-08

I know this platform has already increased my revenue. It is so easy for people to sign up for courses, classes and videos. When I was on MBO, errors were very common and having to sign in first was probably a deterrent for some.

Pros

I am so happy I switched to Momence. I was most afraid of the integration process but it went very smoothly. My customers are happy with the ease of use, as am I! It has been a very seamless transition and I have felt supported through the whole process. I love the marketing features and I regained a few students when we launched. I also love that I can add videos. I sold a workshop video yesterday so I love the added revenue stream! I’m looking forward to maximizing the platform more and more.

Cons

The only thing that has been mildly annoying is when I’m scrolling through my classes and I’m looking at, for example, page 4, when I’m done looking at a class, it returns to page 1 instead of page 4. It’s not a big deal but it adds extra clicks.

Sara

Monumental Waste of Time

Reviewed on 2022-03-28

One month after launch I requested to cancel my 12 month subscription which I paid up front - I was told I could request a refund at any time - and while they agreed to refund me, it's been nearly 7 weeks and while I continue to have issues with the software I have had no funds at all returned to me. I have had more issues in less than 3 months than I ever did in 4 years with my previous software. The product did not perform or provide as I was told it would and it's been a huge waste of my time and energy. Particularly disappointed with the lack of customer service.

Pros

The only positive was the ease of SMS usage. I have nothing positive to say otherwise.

Cons

I was sold this software as an all in one solution, and while we had demos and I had access to a limited free version in the lead up to launch, it was only when we went live I was able to see the limited functionality of the on-demand and course library - which was essentially a step down from the previous product I used. Additionally, the transition was anything but smooth, all of our memberships were moved over, however these all had issues such as being cancelled for no reason but still allowing bookings for classes or double charging members. As an administrator and business owner I have been locked out TWICE in the space of 6 weeks - both times for a period of more than 72 hours. I had to escalate the issue myself to get it resolved.

WellnessLiving

Reasons for Choosing Momence

I was looking for an all in one platform for on-demand and studio bookings that had more features than were available in Punchpass, such as drop-in options for courses. I was using Namastream for on-demand and Punchpass for the studio. I also liked the branding customisation too.

Punchpass

Reasons for Switching to Momence

There were several well-known studios using Momence so I thought it would be a robust product to use.
Jen

Very happy with switch to Momence from Mind-Body

Reviewed on 2022-06-03

Very pleased. It was referred to my by a friend who has been using Momence for her studio for nearly a year. Their onboarding + support team is super knowledgable and most have experience with MindBody, which I used in a previous studio, so its easy to get clarification on certain things. In general, the communication with Momence team has been outstanding.

Pros

Super easy to use interface, even our "tech challenged" staff and students are able to access their accounts and sign up for classes with ease. The tech support team at Momence is fantastic. They offer a ton of support and respond to inquiries within hours (sometimes even minutes). If there is not an answer for a question, they will figure it out and get back to you once its been resolved.

Cons

I wish there were more reporting options when running payroll to share with our staff. Currently we have the option to send them the rosters of their classes, and for teachers who are teaching multiple ones per week, its too much information. They are seeing who registered, what they paid for the class, how much the studio grossed for that one class, etc. I'd like to see this a bit more streamlined (ex. how many students attended each class and thats it).

Ilana

Momence review

Reviewed on 2022-03-31

Pros

I also love the ability to see all class in multiple layouts, the calendar layout is great for planning classes ahead of time and seeing where classes can be added as a whole. Then the daily view is excellent for our teachers to use when checking in clients to class.

Cons

The customer reports are hard to follow. I wish there was an easier way to see all of the late cancellations and a way to charge them from said list instead of exporting the information and then manually charging each account. If this could be an automated feature/ an easier process this would be incredible.

Maria Isabel

• Customer Support Software

Excelent value for money, amazing platform for yoga teachers/coaches

Reviewed on 2021-11-12

It has been great, the platform has a great value, my clients like it as well and it has saved me SO SO SO MUCH time that I can use to create more content

Pros

I love the on-demand library subscription, is allowing me to build a sustainable business and my clients love it.

Cons

Some features that I would like to have are still developing but they are quite special for me so I understand.

Trevor
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Beautiful Integration and Ease

Reviewed on 2022-07-07

Great. Receptive. Informative. Each member I deal with has been helpful, eager, enthusiastic. It is a wonderful product that fill in the spaces for the smaller studio and teacher and is designed to keep our focus on our community rather than our computer.

Pros

Easy to use, integrated functionality with everything I need in one place, constantly improving, adapting and responding to and open to my recommendations and needs.

Cons

The software is still growing so there are functions that are on their way, in beta or theory. If you are willing to be patient and grow with the software, all is good.

Dan

Beautiful, Simple, Affordable

Reviewed on 2022-07-12

Pros

User interface, management, child profiles, built in video/Zoom management & so much more

Cons

Needs calendar sync and a some settings are different than what I'm used to so I struggle to find them, but overall amazing.

Tarka

• Customer Support Software

Great system for small businesses!

Reviewed on 2022-07-11

I have been able to streamline expenses.

Pros

The system is very user friendly and upgraded features are so helpful.

Cons

The set up takes some time but is worth the effort.

David

Switch to Momence

Reviewed on 2022-07-27

Pros

Momence actually has it all, and for less. It actually works. It's easy to use. It's great. Just do it.

Cons

You want me to write cons but I don't want to.