PicMonkey

4.5 (1,029)
Photo editing and design tools designed to elevate brands

(1,029)
4.5/5
Customer Support Software

Abigail
  • Industry: Executive Office

Awesome graphic and picture editing software

Reviewed on 6/23/2021

I really love using PicMonkey it is my go to graphic design tool. I use it for online graphics as well as designing print graphics.

Pros

I love that I can use the transparent background feature and make logos. I also love the fact that I can edit pictures right in the system while I'm creating, fixing blemishes, adjusting coloring and so many helpful tools are at your fingertips.

Cons

Picture edits are not completely customizable and you can't use presets like LightRoom to edit pictures.

Response from PicMonkey

Hi Abigail. We appreciate your review of PicMonkey - thank you! Wanted you to know that there are a few ways you can customize your edits. You can paint on/erase off an effect so it only affects a particular area of your image, you have a fade control, and quite a few of our effects have sliders to customize your look. For example, Blur has Focal Size, Edge Hardness, and Blur percentage sliders; Arcade has 6 sliders; and Posterize has 5 sliders, to name a few. Secondly, one of the biggies for people who really want to create a unique look for their images is the group within Edits called "Advanced Edits." There you'll find Color Changer, Clone, Dodge, Burn, and -- these ones are the heavy lifters -- Levels and Curves. Hope you try these, and please reach out to our Support department if you have questions. https://www.picmonkey.com/help/create-ticket

Oreoluwa
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Picmonkey is a designing and editing app that I use for the creation of my brand graphics...

Reviewed on 12/7/2022

Usually, I'll just ask or pay someone to create my graphics but with Picmonkey, I've become an editor myself

Pros

What I like most is just the simplicity to use Picmonkey. It's very easy and straightforward with cool templates

Cons

Sometimes when I leave the app without saving, then I have to restart.. I'd appreciate if this feature can be worked upon and there are less customized elements compared to other apps.

Kristijonas
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Kristijonas review

Reviewed on 12/27/2022

Overall it is a great product, just needs some redesigning

Pros

I liek how it gets the job done, it has lots of cool functionalities and with enough time it can get any job done

Cons

I did not like the overal user experience. It felt like the product is a bit dated and the learning curve is high

Meheza

the solution to adopt

Reviewed on 11/21/2022

It offers many free features and it is very easy to start using it. It is very easy to create text graphics and it offers a lot of free options. I've used it a lot to create graphics for my blog and brand, and it's a great tool! I highly recommend you check it out!

Pros

PicMonkey is a great product, and the latest update really helps me speed up my workflow. The best new feature is the ability to edit each layer separately, which is very helpful when creating graphics with multiple layers. This latest update gives me all the features I need and a little more, so I get my money's worth.

Cons

PicMonkey is designed to be a one-stop photo editing tool. It has some interesting features, but it lacks some features that would make it stand out among the many other similar tools out there.

Bianca
  • Industry: Veterinary Software

little cost benefit

Reviewed on 12/7/2022

It has everything to be a great app, but it should improve the version for smartphones and update effects in the free version

Pros

it has a free version and the computer version is great with more content and easier to use

Cons

it has many outdated things, I had difficulty downloading and saving, sometimes the application resets everything that was done and I end up losing all the work

Adeta
  • Industry: Photography

Photo-editing

Reviewed on 11/24/2022

Pros

It is easy to use and accessible, when uploading a photo to the service in PicMonkey, the user has at his disposal tools found in the best paid software on the market, such as Photoshop.

Cons

The quality of the filters of the service is reasonable, because it presents few options to make them more real and proportional to the original images.

Rishabh

• Customer Support Software

Good software for picking and editing quality images

Reviewed on 12/13/2022

Pros

Editing images is very easy, even a person who doesn't knows designing can make awesome graphics for marketing, with just drags and drops

Cons

UI can be improved a bit, as well as visually appealing templates shall be introduced

Amanda
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

PicMonkey is AMAZING

Reviewed on 12/25/2022

Great experience

Pros

The different tools and features it implements!

Cons

It’s not beginner friendly to use if you aren’t familiar with the type software.

Asia
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

It’s okay, but gets the job done!

Reviewed on 12/23/2022

Pros

I liked all the editing features and using the stickers to create graphics for both business and personal use!

Cons

It’s alright, I don’t like how they expect you to pay for premium items. The app is very limited and charging people for more isn’t my favorite thing about it.

Toni Lee
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

A Big Fan!

Reviewed on 1/11/2023

Pros

I love all the options for Photos, and media!

Cons

I don't like how only some are free, but some are costly.

Asdrúbal Javier

• Customer Support Software

Picmonkey is an excellent tool to edit your photos easily ...!!!

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

Picmonkey has been a great tool in my work, it has introduced new dynamics for work, and it has been useful even in my family, since my nephews use it to create their images, every day I think that this type of programs while more flexible, They are better.

Pros

In principle picmonkey is a super easy to use and intuitive image editor type tool, this tool has a variety of options that allows you to work smoothly and quickly, has options to cut, create adjustments to the image, add stickers, resize images and even make designs, it has a variety of presets that help your photo look super cool, I like this tool also because I can create my collage, add text among other things, and most importantly it has lots of tutorials with what you can clarify your doubts, is the type of programs that you do not need to be a professional to use it, but if you wanted to use it professionally you could, apart from talking about the price since it is cheap compared to other publishers, the work is automatically saved what Allow nothing to be erased from what you are doing, nothing worse than wasting all the time created, that is why I love this program.

Cons

The only thing I can say about this program is that it has a problem with large formats, it should be possible to import and export large-scale sizes which would make it more attractive, it usually has errors when you enter a high quality medium file.

Holly
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Love Pic Monkey.

Reviewed on 5/12/2020

Totally happy and satisfied. By far the best photo editing app around.

Pros

Out of all the photo editing apps, PicMonkey is my favorite. I used to use the free trial and just signed up for a paid account. I love that I can import my own fonts -- and you can even do that on the free trial.

Cons

I do wish the monthly fee was a little cheaper. It is a bit steep but still worth it if you are going to use it everyday. It is a bit annoying that you can't download on the free trial, though.

Alyssa
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Good product

Reviewed on 10/29/2019

Overall, this is a good software that gets the job done. It has a lot of features. The cost is minimal.

Pros

I like PicMonkey because it is easy to use, and figure out the features. You can do a lot with PicMonkey for free, which is a plus.

Cons

A lot of things that I use cost money. There are many free options, but a lot of the things you'll use most frequently cost money.

Brielan
  • Industry: Animation

PicMonkey Review

Reviewed on 8/7/2019

Pros

PicMonkey is a great simple editing software for beginners. Even as a professional, I often turn to Picmonkey for cool fonts that I don't need to worry about tracking down on my own. I love the wide variety of effects one can use without needing to have an indepth knowledge of photo editing or illustrating.

Cons

It is a bit simplistic for any professional, and any feature and more on Picmonkey could be created in Photoshop.

Wendy
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Love PicMonkey!

Reviewed on 2/12/2019

I use PicMonkey for simple text images to make something stand out nicely on a web page or even Facebook. I love quotes and other text on Photos (meme) and enjoy playing to make things eye catching... even just the text itself!

Pros

I've used PicMonkey for years now. Who needs Photosh** (yeah I said that) when you've got PicMonkey?
Yes, maybe if you are a professional making a living from images... but most of us aren't.

Seriously... their tutorials are short and to the point, so I can do a quick search and learn whatever I need to do with an image for my small biz. They have quick images, oodles of fonts, backgrounds and more. They have lots of templates for people who need help with graphics or want a quick idea to get the project moving quicker.

Some things you can do:

-- You can use several images in a collage.
-- You can erase the background so a person can be kinda cut out of the background and added to any image or used in many different ways.
-- Cut out an image in a shape -- like a star for Valentine's Day (2 days away).
-- Make Instagram stories.
-- You can do weird things like swapping two peoples faces in a photo (weird but true)... never did that one but read the tut recently!
-- You can edit photos -- edit blemishes out, add make up, whiten teeth, color hair.
-- Change a photo into an image that looks drawn.

I also might see an image (like on Ancestry) that I need... and can capture a quick screenshot with the Chrome app. Quick editing, add text, arrows, whatever. No, I'm not violating copyrights, just images of ancestors etc.

My work is saved to the cloud so I can easily find and re-use in some manner (with edits).

Cons

Honestly, I can't imagine what I'd need that PicMonkey can't do.

Barry

PicMonkey Review

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

If I am looking for a quick basic fix (or if I am being slightly lazy), then PicMonkey can be the ideal solution. It may not have all of the bells and whistles that larger, more powerful software can offer, but for the price and ease of use, it does offer fair value for money.

I recommend this for the beginner rather than a graphic designer.

Pros

PicMonkey is a simple to use piece of software that allows for basic photo editing without the complexities of other software on the market. The changes are instant and it is clearly designed to be used even by those with no previous experience of photo editing.

Their tools menu comes down the side of your screen, and it is easy to find what you are looking for once you get used to the layout. There are various options

The software comes with easy to use templates with you then able to edit them accordingly, and they do provide you with a good base to start from. Once again, I feel that this makes life easier for those individuals just starting out with creating graphics and learning all about how to use layers to create an end product.

The software is not power-hungry, so if your computer is lacking in the processor or memory area then you will not have a problem running PicMonkey. Also, with everything done via their website, there's no software to download meaning everything is kept up to date.

Cons

While they can be fun, there are a number of more cartoon-like effects. Also, the company did change the layout of the backend which made it slightly less usable in my opinion. However, they do provide you with the option of reverting back to the old way of doing things, so it's not a big deal.

Joseph
  • Industry: Printing

Great online photo editor that's perfect...almost!

Reviewed on 10/24/2018

PicMonkey is a great piece of software perfect for most of our photo editing needs. If you're looking for an inexpensive alternative that's easy to use and cost effective...this could be your solution!

Pros

My wife and I were both blogging and found ourselves regularly needed photo editing software to create eye-catching pictures for our blogs. We tried several options but none of them worked well for both of us until we found PicMonkey.

The features PicMonkey offers are super robust and allow for a maximum amount of creativity. But best of all, the user interface is simple so that accessing all of its powerful features doesn't require hours of training and repeat use.

After we began using it, we realized that it was a great tool for all sorts of photo editing projects, from kid/family pics to Facebook cover photo and Instagram posts. All-in-all, it's a great piece of software and the app gives mobile function that is nearly as powerful as the online browser tool.

Cons

The biggest (and really, only) con to this software is that it's very difficult to work with more than one picture at a time. There were times I really wanted to overlay or compare or crop two different pictures for one project and the PicMonkey interface doesn't really make that possible. For the most part, this wasn't a huge problem for us, though occasionally I had to create one image, save it, then import it as a new image in order to add another layer of creative editing. It's not a huge problem most of the time, but it did come up from time-to-time.

Sue
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great photo editing

Reviewed on 2/13/2019

I used PicMonkey for my business photos. I sold jewelry online so it was imperative my photos were spot on, showed the actual color and texture of the pieces, didn't have shadows or blemishes in the background. I could crop and add text such as sizes or special features. I can enhance a models lip or eye color and add sparkle or a multitude of other features available. Change the exposure, enhance certain colors, make black and white, resize and sharpen images and rotate photos.

This software does so much more than I used it for but it certainly covered all the bases when it came to what I needed. And the price is unbeatable when it comes to editing software.

Pros

No download so it can be used without taking up PC space. The vast amount of editing features are great for business and personal use, kids love it too. There really isn't anything I couldn't do of fix. Import photos to make collages, add text, change backgrounds, fix photos or just jazz up an image. It was easy to learn unlike so many of the expensive editor software and the price is great.

Cons

There's limited help although some of the features have tips available as you use them.

Jannatin
  • Industry: Chemicals

• Customer Support Software

Need a quick edit! You've got it!

Reviewed on 12/3/2019

Overall, PicMonkey was a great experience and still continues to be one of the best sites I use to quickly make image edits and design from anywhere and on any device. I highly recommend this for beginners in editing as well since everything is clear and you can easily click through whatever options they have to choose what you want to use to edit with!

Pros

PicMonkey is the most easiest tool I've use to this date to make quick and simple graphic edits. I even get to edit my images, make them pop, add text, and more! I can make things with their templates or I can easily make stuff out of scratch. There is so much you can do with this software and everything is in large and easy to navigate through so you could get the best out of it when editing.

Cons

A lot of features to make your photos even better require a monthly membership, but I'll be honest, it is worth it. There is so much you can do with or without the membership but I enjoyed using this so much I just got it anyway.

Farryn

PicMonkey for the Win!

Reviewed on 1/4/2020

Great experience with the program! People ask me all the time how I made this or that and I say “PicMonkey”!

Pros

PicMonkey allows you to do literally everything photoshop can do but for WAY less money! I have been using PicMonkey for years and the updates make it better and better! I use PicMonkey to design ads for my business, birthday invitation, Christmas cards.. the list goes on and on. They have so many templates and sizes of print to fit IG stories, FB groups etc! PicMonkey is the best! You can download and use your own fonts and images too.

Cons

I can’t think of any cons with this new update. I guess if I had to think of something it would be that with the new update I have to pay more to download my design as a PDF..

Sarah

Affordable Phot Editing Software Compared to the Big Names Out There

Reviewed on 8/18/2022

Overall, I'm happy with this software. User-friendly and all.

Pros

Saves me money and still gets the job done compared to some of the known alternatives which I won't touch on. This is much easier and faster to use.

Cons

You may encounter issues with the login options, other than that, it's a beast!

Pic Monkey is awesome!

Reviewed on 2/19/2019

My overall opinion of PicMonkey is positive! I have use the software hundreds of times over the course of the last couple of years and have found it very valuable to my business and marketing. As said above, I am able to quickly and easily edit my photos without the hassle of learning a difficult software. I also appreciate all of the presets that they have available; they allow me to fix the photo within seconds!!

Pros

PicMonkey is super helpful when I am at home editing photos and using them for my website. I am able to quickly login and crop, resize, or reshape an image without the hassle of a more complicated software like Adobe Photoshop. I have used PicMonkey countless times to help me with marketing and growing my business and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to quickly and easily edit their content.

Cons

The one thing I don't like about the software is that now they charge you per month to use their service. When I started using it, it was a free online service so when I found out there was a charge, it was hard for me to get accustomed to. I also don't like that there is no number to call for customer service. They responded to my email within a couple of days, but I was concerned that my billing questions would not be answered in a timely manner through email. They did prove me wrong, but it wasn't comforting knowing they may or may not respond.

Wendy
  • Industry: Media Production

PicMonkey - Making Your Pictures Look Their Best

Reviewed on 12/30/2019

I upload a raw photo from my desktop or phone. I crop the picture first. Then I can sharpen, adjust color, lighting, remove blemishes, etc. Once I am happy with how the picture looks, I can add a caption using a wide range of fonts and colors. I then will add a frame of some type -- from simple black to a two-piece mat look. If I really need to be creative for a project, I can apply one of the many pre-set filters. Those take some time to become familiar with, but they can really make a difference on a situational basis. I love how professional and sharp my pictures look when I use PicMonkey

Pros

I love how user-friendly it is. I found photo editing software like Canvas hard to learn. With PicMonkey, I quickly learned how to upload photos from my laptop/phone to the website. I'm able to easily make the pictures look their best, add captions and frames, or even apply effects via preset filters. My pictures looks their best without me pulling my hair out in the process!

Cons

Sometimes, the software gets "hung up" and stops working when saving finished/edited pictures back to my computer's desktop. Frustrating to lose all of my edits...and then reboot. It doesn't happen all the time...but it sure is annoying when it DOES happen

Alice

• Customer Support Software

You'll get the image edited before Photoshop has even opened!

Reviewed on 1/14/2020

A great tool giving excellent value for money and saving me hours of time. Love it!

Pros

Picmonkey is a great tool for photo editing and creating graphics. It's really quick to use and with a reasonable annual fee is one of my staple business tools.
You can upload your own images, fonts and graphics or use the extensive library provided. Picmonkey is intuitive to use.
The Picmonkey mobile app is also excellent and offers a few features that the main app doesn't yet support such as background removal.
The photo editing features are amazing... blows the competition out of the water and let's you quickly correct that picture that would have been perfect if only you could remove the crumb of cake on your cheek etc!

Cons

There are a couple of areas that Picmonkey is slightly behind the competition
- they don't have as many templates as some of their competitors but the range they do have is good and this can prevent overwhelm!
- They don't have the magic resize option that makes one image fit a range of social platforms.

Allison
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

• Customer Support Software

Great stepping stone program if you don't want to buy Photoshop

Reviewed on 12/29/2018

I have been a long-time user. In the past few years, they have really amped up the features to allow for more photo customization. While this is a good thing, I think they are reaching a point where the tool is starting to get too complex. That said, I appreciate that they are listening to their customers and adding new features to make simple photo editing easier.

Pros

PicMonkey has a lot of features. They used to be a simpler program, but have added more and more features over time while still remaining fairly user friendly. It isn't a program you can use for professional-level photo manipulation, but it does give you everything you need to create photos for your website. It's a stepping stone - more features than simply photo manipulation apps, but not as complex as Photoshop.

Cons

They used to have a free version with access to some of the most basic features. Now, they have a free trial, but no free version. If you just need to do simple things like resizing and adding text to the photo, there are free apps that will get the job done.