BambooHR

Jeremy
  • Industry: Human Resources

BambooHR Turns a Small Business into a Big Business

Reviewed on 3/2/2020

I enjoyed it more than other recruiting software I've used. It makes work easier and helps me be a manager instead of a paper pusher.

Pros

I personally like that BambooHR has different portals for its users. They've built a database that allows employees to: 1. Maintain their own records (whether the company sends or user uploaded); track time off earned, sick days used, and hours worked; while allowing the user to sign documents easily electronically; and 2. Makes being an HR manager, easy. What I mean is, creating records (employees or temps) and ensuring they have all the blocks checked (background ran, drug test paperwork properly filled out, and any other documentation needing signed) within the timeframe needed to start working - is tracked, maintained, and recorded for you... so all in all, eliminates the monotony of HR and time wasted on paperwork while assisting managers/employees in ensuring proper compliance.

Cons

Well, I still had to scan any documents that weren't created or automated through the software and label them. For example, I work at a satellite location; the warehouse I staff for has a basketball court out back for employees to use on their break. I had to create a document that stated employees for my agency had to make sure they were clocked out, that they were responsible for any risk of injury and that the company and staffing agency would not be held liable for any resulting injury that may occur. The rest of the staffing agency didn't need this so I still had to print out 50 copies, have each employee sign one, upload it, file it in the employee file in the software, label it, then give the copy back to the employee. This really is not an issue unless if turnover is high, this could get annoying.

Jeff

• Customer Support Software

Bamboo HR, a slick but severely limited recruiting software

Reviewed on 7/28/2020

As stated, the BHR system is a recruiters dream and makes the talent acquisition process easier for those businesses that are only using the job boards to get applicants. Just don't expect much more after that.

Pros

The look an feel of BambooHR (BHR) is amazing! Its almost like Facebook for recruiting. It is very intuitive for what it does and offers to the administrator and end user. The applicant tracking system is very easy to use and goes the extra mile with automation and thoughtfulness concerning on-boarding and then " flowing" into the core HRIS. The BHR system was chosen by a previous HR professional that clearly had a recruiting bias. Although important, more vetting should have been done to make a sound choice for long term success regarding the needs of a small to mid-size business.

Cons

Beyond what I described above there is limited functionality without also purchasing and integrating other systems through a "bolt-on" approach. By "Bolt-on" I mean that BHR will not automate between the core HR system of BHR and a timekeeping system, a payroll system, benefits administration system, leave administration system. The ability to have a robust system is possible but is not practical or cost effective with BambooHR. In order to get a full platform, covering the full life cycle of and employee, through BHR, a business would have to pay upwards of 30-40 dollars per employee per month. Simply put other options are available and far more robust with better long term results for less money- See my review of APS Payroll for an example.

APS Payroll, Paycom, ADP Workforce Now, Namely and Paycor

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Price and lack of proper education as to the actual functionality and potential cost of the system beyond on-boarding.
Mikayla
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

I Love BambooHR

Reviewed on 12/6/2022

Overall, I love BambooHR and would recommend it to any small to medium-sized company that is looking for a simple solution to connecting and managing their workforce.

Pros

The best thing about BambooHR is how user-friendly it is for all of our employees. The interface is so efficient which limits the amount of time we spend training new employees on the software. I also love the level of support we receive from BambooHR when we need it. Their customer service is top-tier!

Cons

Although we have seen Bamboo grow and adapt in many ways over the years, there are still features that we'd love to see come to life. I appreciate the ability to suggest new product developments, but I sometimes feel limited when it comes to exit interviews and report customization.

PowerSchool and Paycor

Paycom
Keith
  • Industry: Food Production

• Customer Support Software

Too simple for it's own good

Reviewed on 2/5/2022

We currently use BambooHR as an HRIS, and previously used it as an ATS. The employee database software is user friendly, but offers no customization. We inevitably switched our ATS to a different software because of these same concerns.

Pros

It's very user friendly. You don't need to be very tech savvy to use the various features available in BambooHR.

Cons

There is no customization available. If a feature is not available, there is no customization available to help tailor this program to your companies needs.

Bullhorn ATS & CRM and ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

We were looking for a program that ties all of our systems into one program (HRIS/ATS/Sales Database and compatibility with ADP Payroll).

Act! and Oracle Taleo Cloud

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

It seemed like the most user friendly and offered the best compatibility with our existing programs.
Sarah

Love BambooHR!

Reviewed on 12/1/2022

Fabulous experience! Easy to use, tons of support in the implementation and throughout use.

Pros

User friendly. Great UI/UX and is intuitive. Feels personal and human!!

Cons

Less customizable. There are some things that they don't offer, and automated feeds between ADP (which handles our payroll) and BambooHR were not achieveable.

bob

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

We made the switch initially from Humi to ADP for scaleability. But then, realized ADP WFN was not user friendly and didn't match our company culture. It felt very cold and clunky. So thrilled with BambooHR in that respect, it made the world of different!

ADP Workforce Now and Humi

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Pricing and customer service.
Rosemary

• Customer Support Software

Achieve it all from a single product. BambooHR, the best HR management tool

Reviewed on 1/14/2023

We use BambooHR in our organization for HR management. It is a very secure abd reliable platform for managing employees information, engaging with employees so as to understand their concerns and also for process payroll.

Pros

I like the security and privacy available in BambooHR. All employees data and other information are well guarded by enterprise-grade security features with privacy controls ensure their total privacy by limiting their access only to the necessary people. It allos you to streamline the entire HR activities so as to have a clear understanding of how things are progressing and also to identify areas that need improvements. Its a good platform to engage with employees allowing them to share their concerns so that you can understand their wellbeing. The customer support team is amazing. They always gets back to you in time and attends to your issues professionally so that you can have the best experience using it to solve your needs. By bringing all your employees information into one platform, it makes it easier to manage employees information including onboarding, off boarding, vacations and leaves, attendance, performance and much more.

Cons

To be honest, BambooHR has been a very efficient and effective tool and i have not encountered any difficulties at all while using it.

Mitesh

• Customer Support Software

Transform your HR management experience with BambooHR, a powerful and robust HR tool

Reviewed on 1/14/2023

BambooHR finds its use in our organization as a HR management tool which helps us manage our workforce. More to keeping our employees in order, it also helps us improve our relationship with our employees by interacting with them more easily and closely.

Pros

BambooHR is a very easy to use tool. It has its user interface interface designed with an ease of usability approach making it a very easy to use tool. It has professional customer support services with a very reliable customer support team who always ensure timely responses to your concerns and even offer follow ups to ensure total satisfaction. It helps keep track of your employees not only their attendance times and performances but also understanding what your employees need, their wellbeing and their satisfactory levels. All your employees information is well organized to make it easy for you to access and manage at any time.

Cons

Using BambooHR for me has always been simple. Am satisfied with everything about it so nothing to like least.

Minal
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

• Customer Support Software

BambooHR is without doubt the best and most authentic tool for HR management

Reviewed on 12/29/2022

BambooHR has very unique workforce management features which helps makes it easy to manage our employees. With all the employees information at a very centralized and easy to access place, it makes payroll running a very simple task for us.

Pros

Firstly, BambooHR has very reliable and helpful user support. From the beginning, one is given a demo call to get you through how to achieve the best from it and throughout the usage time, the support team is always there at your service to assist you in whatever you need. With BambooHR, it is easy to bring together to one centralized place all the employees information which makes it easy when running payroll and evaluating the employees performances. It also helps get a clear understanding of your employees which is essential in managing your workforce.

Cons

My time using BambooHR has been very smooth. I have never experienced any technical difficulties while using and everything works as expected. Am satisfied.

Roberta
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

Great product and great partnership !

Reviewed on 12/12/2022

The overall experience has been very positive.

Pros

The product is constantly developed and improved with periodically released features based on the provided by clients feedback. Every module is user and admin friendly.

Cons

You don't get a dedicated account manager during the transition period after the implementation. You get a trainer for 2 weeks, which is the time designated for the implementation, with strict deadlines and directions, and at the end you are considered "graduated" and the support is all throughout the e-learning portal and ticketing system afterward. It's been frustrating for us not to have a dedicated person to establish a quicker and smoother path for success.

Ayush
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Enjoyable And Easy To Use Tool

Reviewed on 1/12/2023

It helps to take my leave, understand it, and get to know my coworkers a little better. Everybody can access all the corporate documents through it.

Pros

Go to the tool we want and getting the information we want is fairly simple. The emails with good tips and fresh trends are an extra bonus. On their dashboard, employees can find anything they need.

Cons

Not very thorough, there are numerous things that could improve the service. Changing or altering information after it has been entered is among the inconveniences. it does not provide scheduling capabilities.

Andre

An HRIS that was built with HR in mind

Reviewed on 2/22/2022

This was hands down the easiest onboarding of a new software package that I have ever experienced. We are a Critical Access Hospital that decided to implement its first HRIS in February of 2020, right as the pandemic started. Of all the things we had to worry about, this implementation was not one of them. The team walked us through the process, meet with us whenever we needed, and assisted in personalizing the software. We went from 0 to complete within a month! And they have been supporting us every step of the way since then. I couldn't ask for a better HRIS partner.

Pros

The software is very easy to personalize to your organizations individual needs. Response from the help desk is usually within minutes, and their out of the box thinking ensures you will get the output that you are looking for.

Cons

BambooHR works great with other software programs that have HR in mind. If your backbone software is built for integration is industry specific and somewhat inflexible, it is more difficult to integrate the great features that BambooHR has to offer.

ADP Workforce Now and Netchex

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

BambooHR had the right recruiting tools, the offered pretty much everything we needed in their basic program, and to upgrade was very simple and inexpensive. Having been in HR for decades, this is the first time I have used an HR system that felt like it was made by those in HR for HR.
Tracie
  • Industry: Libraries

• Customer Support Software

This brought us into the modern world

Reviewed on 2/10/2022

This has been a game changing addition to our department and I don't know what I would do without it. The customer service is better than any other vendor I have EVER worked with.

Pros

We are a small HR team and tracked everything on spreadsheets. This took an exorbitant amount of staff time to keep updated. I love the time tracking, our mother organization deducts leave one month after it is taken and so no one ever really knew how much leave they had. The electronic signature feature has been a game changing time saver. Supervisors being able to view employee documents at any time without having to come to our main location to pull the heavy paper file has been fantastic. And I always have current data at my fingertips including historical items that we used to have to go wade through old memos to reconstruct.

Cons

There's not much to not love. I wish there were a few more features on the application part. I wish I could have files stored that employees could fill out and forward to us without having to ask us to send them a signature request.

Paycom and Paycor

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Customer service, they offered a free trial, user interface, and ease of use
Heidi

Free up your HR Department to do their best work

Reviewed on 5/23/2022

Due to implementing BambooHR, we moved from having 8-10 spreadsheets that required daily maintenance to being able to have one system of record. This has allowed us to onboard employees more seamlessly during the COVID-19 pandemic. We went from PDF time off request forms and a Google Out of the Office calendar that we had to manually maintain to using time off in BambooHR and implementing the iCal feeds so everyone knows who is out of the office at a glance.

Pros

Getting employee buy in and adoption is easy due to how intuitive the end-user experience is with BambooHR, especially with Google Single Sign On. As the administrator, I have the ability to make changes and implement things quickly on the backend without having to make a request and wait for someone else to make the changes for me. Having a streamlined and consistent onboarding and offboarding process ensures that new hires are set up for success and offboarding employees accounts and data are turned off in a timely manner.

Cons

BambooHR may not have as many robust features as some of the other HRIS out there, but they are always adding new features and making improvements, which is good to see. You may have to add some app integrations in areas like recruiting and benefits administration, if you want all the bells and whistles.

Kristy

BambooHR Changed our HR Department

Reviewed on 2/10/2022

Implementing was easy and the Bamboo staff are VERY friendly, engaged and efficient. I especially appreciate the chat feature if I'm in a bind. We really have high praise for the software.

Pros

Time off management, staff calendar with holidays, document signing, onboarding, tracking annual evaluations, pay history, org chart, document organizing, shared files with staff, hiring... I like so much about the software!

Cons

The Trainings feature; it doesn't quite work with how we need to enter data for our non-profit. We still use it but it could be better. I also don't love the Benefits tab. Entering data on the backend for me is always confusing.

Kyra
  • Industry: Wholesale

Still Enjoying Bamboo after one year of use

Reviewed on 12/30/2021

Our experience has been really good. We have had very few issues and onboarding was handled very efficiently and I felt well trained when we went live. I am glad we chose bamboohr

Pros

Love having one place to store all my employee documents. Also love sending out forms I need signed and completed. It is so easy to see who has completed the forms and who needs reminding. Keeps me from having to keep track and from chasing people down.

Cons

Trax payroll seems a bit clunky. It is completely functional but is not as intuitive as it should be and the interface/look is out dated.

Gusto, Patriot Payroll, UZIO, Zenefits and Rippling

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

ADP was expensive and their customer service was horrific. Hours upon hours spent on hold trying to remedy errors they had made.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Best fit for our needs/size of business/cost
Joe
  • Industry: Publishing

• Customer Support Software

Great value for a very human system

Reviewed on 12/1/2022

Overall a fantastic HRIS, and good value for money if you're a smaller organization. If you're a large organization, you'd probably be better served with other tools, but it's hard to find other larger HRIS tools that offer the quality that BambooHR offers.

Pros

Super intuitive UX, offers a lot of beneficial tools for small to mid-size companies. Always upgrading and improving their product to better the employee experience.

Cons

Payroll and performance systems are a little lacking, and would also really like to see BambooHR go fully into the surveying functionality more than they currently do.

Ease and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

Paylocity isn't a good HRIS, but it's a good payroll software. There's a reason it's not called "HR-locity" in my opinion.

Paylocity

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Previously integrated it at other companies
Catherine

• Customer Support Software

Valuble software for small size company

Reviewed on 2/18/2022

Pros

I like how the software is very user-friendly. Employees can easily navigate to all the features by themselves. In addition, they have a great customer service team! I can get in touch with them either online or by phone call, and they are very helpful and friendly. Usually, I am able to fix the problem within a few minutes.

Cons

Things that BambooHR can improve on are those small little things that might tailor to the individual companies. For example, it is a little hard for employees to make changes to their time clocking feature if they forget to clock in.Our company doesn't give vacation time accrual if the employee is on unpaid time off, but I have to manually deduct it at this point since they don't have the function. I also hope they have the feature to remind employees to clock in and out on the phone. It is fine since we don't have a lot of employees, but it might be a problem once we have more people. They do welcome you to make suggestions, and I am hoping to see these changes in the future.

WorkforceHub, Ripple and Eddy

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

I think BambooHR has a better visual platform than the others. When I was meeting with the sales, BambooHR was the easiest one to follow.
Jennifer

Best HR Product I Have Used

Reviewed on 12/9/2022

Setting up and using signed document features - super easy, allows simple tracking of who has signed.

Pros

We are a small-mid-sized business and this product makes managing people and processes very easy for the administrators and the users. User feedback is that the product is intuitive and easy to navigate.Service has always been stellar!

Cons

Features continue to be added and I am sure the one I want most will come in due time but I would love to be able to file documents with recruitments that are not connected to an applicant. Things like approval forms and interview question templates.

Dayforce HCM

Humi

Cost, interface, service
Aimee
  • Industry: Utilities

• Customer Support Software

BambooHR - Friend to People Operations!

Reviewed on 2/15/2022

We've used BambooHR since 2017, moving from tracking information via spreadsheets and paper forms to fully electronic. The implementation process takes preparation to ensure you have quality information imported into the system and is worth the time and effort. The implementation specialist works with you to ensure you're on track and implementation goes smoothly. If you take the time to introduce BambooHR to employees and provide them with training, they easily adapt as this is a very user-friendly system. Over the years we've added additional custom table to track information and the Bambooligans have been very responsive. I highly recommend BambooHR!

Pros

• User-friendly
• Customizable (ie. you can have Bamboo set up tables that you can use to track your Medical Examiner’s certifications/driver’s licenses & set reminders for expiration)
• Hiring system ports directly into employee creation
• Applicant tracking system (automatically posts to Indeed, Glassdoor & ZipRecruiter)
• Onboarding / offboarding
• Standardized & customizable reports
• Org chart
• Company directory (the app is nice but offers less functionality than the website)
• E-signature for your forms to port directly into employee files upon completion & route as directed (ie. direct deposit can route to payroll or reimbursements to A/P)
• Asset tracking (you can set security levels to allow IT – or appropriate individuals to access / make changes / run reports for assets)
• Electronic approval process for compensation, approvals, and other customizable events
• Preview as user allows you / admin to see things as the individual sees them – really helps with problem-solving
• You establish access levels
• Track training (but very simplistic process)
• Works with single sign-on

Cons

• Lack of ability to set up onboarding tasks for internal promotions
• Training tracking is simplistic, they do offer integrations with LMS
• Doesn’t connect with our payroll system (although you could have someone build a custom integration)

Beth

• Customer Support Software

We love BambooHR and the customization possibilities it provides!

Reviewed on 5/13/2016

Pros

I did a lot of research on HRIS before choosing BambooHR. For those thinking about using BambooHR, really look at how your structure is set up and how you want it to work when the product goes live. For example, we have two divisions in two different locations. Both divisions are very unique and what one division needed the other did not. Getting this figured out before implementation will help alleviate the need for a lot of change once the system goes live. For our company, BambooHR was by far the best fit for us. The best thing about this product is the customization and the ease in which we were able to implement the system. From the time we decided to go with BambooHR to the time it was implemented and functional was a little over a month! My dedicated implementation specialist, Carol Brogdon was great to work with during the implementation of the system. I am not IT expert or tech person, and this was easy! The customization of the system allows (from the beginning) you to create a system in which each user can see as mush or as little of the information as needed. Since implementation, I have even been able to customize more information on the site that is specific to our needs with two different locations and divisions. The time off feature allows our employees to request time off from their smart phones or pc quickly and for our admin and foremen the calendar of "Who's Out" is extremely useful, especially for looking ahead and seeing who will be out on vacations or sick/holiday time. Anniversary dates and birthdays are visible and there is no longer a need to keep a spreadsheet with this information. The reports that can be generated on training, time off balances, licensing, etc has been a time saver. The ability to transform these reports into PDF, excel and even share custom reports as needed has been very beneficial to us. On-boarding, off-boarding, completing forms as needed has been extremely efficient utilizing the uploading of files and then setting up the signature templates (no more paper pushing or waiting for people to sign and return documents). Uploading files to share with all employees or just a few employees is also a great tool. We utilize the company announcements to send important information to some or all of our employees. The notes section has been invaluable for our managers to document information and if an employee moves to a new location, the new manager now has that information at their fingertips. Our employees can update their address, marital status, with-holdings, etc all from their dashboard. No longer do they have to wonder if the HR department has their most current information because they see what is on file for them with the company when they log in.
We have yet to utilize the Job Openings component yet. This was a big draw, as we had experienced a large growth last year. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending) our hiring has tapered off, so we have not had the opportunity to try this out. As far as BambooHR responsiveness to any issues I have encountered, they have been very quick to resolve. I like that they are constantly trying to improve the product and take ideas and suggestions on areas of concern. This type of progressive thinking and action will make them and keep them a front runner in the HRIS world.

Cons

Like any product, the more you use it, the easier it seems. There were kinks to work out when we first went live. Permissions, setting up employee fields and email alerts all needed some tweeking, but again, the system and BambooHR support was great getting through the learning curve.
I did opt to go with Maxwell health for the online health care enrollment piece and I have been live with BambooHR since January 2016 and I am still not live with Maxwell Health and do not know when I will be, so if you are thinking of that option, I would really look into other options as it does not seem to be as responsive or as dynamic as BambooHR despite what the sales pitch shows.

Lesley

Thank you BambooHR!

Reviewed on 2/24/2022

The reporting tool is excellent. It has allowed us to analyse sickness and timeoff especially over the last 2 years during the pandemic. We also used API to access everyone's phone number to send a text message update at the start of the pandemic to let everyone know what course we were taking. On a broader note, the Employee Survey has given us areas to address and we are improving our eNPS score every 6 months, which is great for employee engagement. We have recently started using the Hiring function which is proving very popular with the management team, allowing them to record their comments and share with others their thoughts on CVs and candidates, as well as being able to email the candidate through BambooHR, making an offer and onboarding. Great to have this functionality all in one place, it makes for a more efficient process.

Pros

The software is easy to navigate and employees love using it. We have integrated it with other applications which works well allowing us to keep track of training. Best use has been through Time Off, Perfomance Management, Hiring, Onboarding/Offboarding, eNPS Employee Satisfaction Surveys and the reporting is excellent. Also, very happy with help and support you get from the BambooHR team. I have asked for additinal tabs to track secruity clearances and various other things, nothing is too much trouble.

Cons

I would like to see the 'signature' aspects improved. I have starting using this a lot, but have issues with not being able to access external emails for contract signing capability. Also, when my forms are being completed, during the process of going from one person to another, the text runs off the form. It corrects itself once the final signature is complete, but this could be vital information which is missed by the final signer.

Rick

• Customer Support Software

Do What you do best and Outsource the rest ... to BambooHR.

Reviewed on 2/14/2022

We simple don't have employee related issues falling through the cracks anymore. Now our managers have time to actually visit with and get to know our people rather than fumbling through bureaucratic gunk to make sure we're "legal".

Pros

BambooHR is super simple and easy to use. The software and the people behind it truly live up to the mission of allowing me to do what I do best (which is not HR management.)

Cons

Nothing to report in this section. BambooHR does exactly what I want it to.

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

BambooHR allowed us to have our employee information at our fingertips rather than in another party's hands. If I need information I simply pull the report or look it up instead of asking for the information from someone else. The last thing we looked into was cost and it turned out that BambooHR is about 25% of what we were paying the accounting firm. That made it a "no-brainer"...better access to data, easier to use, additional resources for managing benefits, onboarding, training, compensation...for less money.

Ease of use.
mohamed
  • Industry: Food Production

BambooHR review.

Reviewed on 1/24/2023

I have enjoyed more than other employment programs used and makes you a human resource manager. What I mean is, create records or temporary employees

Pros

It allows employees to update their personal information, request time off, view their pay It allows companies to track job applicants, schedule interviews, and manage the hiring process. Streamlines the process of onboarding new employees with the company, including paperwork and compliance..Allows employees to log their work time, and allows managers to approve and track leave requests.Helps managers track and evaluate employee performance, set goals, and provide feedback.It allows companies to store and manage employee-related documents such as contracts, resumes, and performance appraisalsProvides access to data and insights about employee information, such as headcount, employee turnover, and demographics.

Cons

Cost: BambooHR can be relatively expensive compared to other HR software options on the market.Limited integrations: BambooHR may not integrate with all of the other tools and systems that a company is already using.User interface: Some users may find the BambooHR user interface to be less intuitive or harder to navigate than other HR software.Limited Reporting: Some users may find the reporting capabilities of BambooHR to be limited.Limited customization: BambooHR may not offer as much customization as other HR software options.Limited Self-Service: Some users may find the self-service capabilities of BambooHR to be limited.Limited Support: Some users may find the support provided by BambooHR to be limited.Human resources staff complain of the Athea Salary Management within the company Some staff have been difficult to sign part of the documents

• Customer Support Software

Bamboo HR keeps me sane and in compliance.

Reviewed on 11/1/2022

Pros

I am not an HR professional, I am a nonprofit executive Director and an organization that grew from one staff to 20 in about a year and a half. I don’t really know what I’m doing often. Human resources is one of those things that i could not justify hiring for. We have a board member who is an HR professional, and two lawyers on our board, so if things did get crazy, I knew I had people to keep me in compliance legally with the situation, but I needed some help with the day today. We have three physical locations and bamboo helps ensure that we don’t have important, confidential documents getting lost. Managers can update things in real time and it is amazing. We use the integrated payroll, pay traX, because honestly I’m lazy and why would I do more work when my time is valuable. I love being able to do the performance reviews and satisfaction surveys. I love the asset management feature so I can keep copies of peoples drivers licenses, even shirt sizes, and of course the training that they do.

Cons

Bamboo is a little spendy, but honestly you can’t afford not to invest in it.

Bambee

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Bambee was expensive and seemed inferior
TJ
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Cumbersome HR Processes Streamlined w/ BambooHR

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

BambooHR has revolutionized the way we do business. From top to bottom, our employees have nothing but great things to say about this software. Several cumbersome processes have been streamlined.
For example, Bamboohr's applicant tracking system has given us the platform to compete for candidates who are not only more qualified but who also fit our company culture. Finding the right folks has decreased turnover and saved on training costs. The APS has streamlined our applicant workflow process. For instance, HR and managers now have the ability to work together in reviewing and scheduling applicants. This alone has yielded more qualified candidates in half the time.
The PTO tracker is another Bamboohr feature our company absolutely loves. Prior to Bamboohr we used email and paper to track PTO. The double, sometimes triple, handling of requests was beyond frustrating. Employees now request off and receive their managers approval (or denial) within minutes. Employee records throughout the system are updated the moment their supervisor accepts his/her PTO request. Everyone enjoys managing their own PTO.
Employee on-boarding is another process streamlined through Bamboohr. Candidate information is transferred from the APS to their employee record the moment he/she is hired. We customized bamboohr's on-boarding checklist to fit our company's needs. Any person, whether HR, manager or new hire, can be assigned items within a template checklist. Once a person is hired, the assigned items will automatically generate notifications to the appropriate person. Check-list notifications may serve as simple reminders to more complex messages requiring electronic signatures. Bamboohr's electronic signature feature recently has allowed us to enjoy our first "paperless" on-boarding experience!!
BambooHR is without question a game changer.

Pros

APS is extremely effective. Sleek design gives companies competive advantgage.
PTO tracker via mobile app is a game changer
Paperless on-boarding is real!

Cons

none