Core Schedule

Jake R.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Outpatients is not the same as 1952

Reviewed on 2021-09-15

Saving Senior Nurse Admin Time - so enabling that Nurse to use her Nursing Skills with the team, and her knowledge in the parts of the roster that are around allocation to services, and having administrators actively building the rosters around the clinical rules.

Pros

I love the instant changes and how this product can react to a busy outpatients unit and a busy regional outpatients -Dr /Nurse response to many services all in one place. - i have multiple users building fucture rosters over a large area and it seems to be working day to day without any concerns from anyone - which tells me it is accepted as "this is how we do things"

Cons

I would like a Room broken down into hourly appointments - or a group of rooms i could display on another screen adjacent to the big one.

integration to the hardware was a good learning , you just need the right people to get to the goal you want.

Response from Core Schedule

Thanks, Jake for your review. We appreciate the feedback and we have really enjoyed working with you!

Kerri R.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

QEII ED Rostering

Reviewed on 2021-09-10

It suits the needs of the department 80% but that is pretty normal as the department is always changing.

If Core had the capability to import rosters from other sources for display purposes that would be an amazing asset for our hospital / department. We do not display our nurses working on shift in the department as they use a different rostering system, but if we could export their roster then input it in for the Photoboard we would be an amazing addition to Core and how we use it.

Pros

The best feature about this product is the accessability for all staff who use it. They have access to their roster instantly and in real time no matter where they are in country / world.

We have customised Core to have a photo display board of all the staff who are working in the department on a certain day, with a photo, title, shift time and where they are allocated to work. This helps all new staff to the department to put a face to a name.

I love the reporting function of Core also, especially so I can run sick leave reports for the weekend when I was not working and ensure the sick leave was AVACd'd and sent to payroll.

Cons

I really have a hard time when it comes to allocating shifts for staff when writing the rosters. You physically have to click every square to add a shift. I think it would be more user friendly if you could just type the letter of the shift e.g. E = early and it pre-fills, then tab to the next one and enter an L = late shift. This service only has a "paste" option and it is only for the same shift. I don't currently plot rosters but it will be part of my role in the near future and I am going to struggle with this and would prefer to write my roster in an excel template and copy into Core.

I think if the option of writing in an excel spreadsheet roster and being able to import it directly into core would be an amazing feature if it could be implemented.

I have had lots of issues with the message board we had customised in Core, but the team are continuously working on improvements for this all the time.

Rita K.

• Customer Support Software

Flexible healthcare rosters. Great support.

Reviewed on 2021-09-10

Pros

The onboarding and configuration of the software was so comprehensive.

Cons

Hoping to see an API or award interpretation included in the product. I believe that this is coming soon.

Response from Core Schedule

Thanks, Rita for your review. We love having you onboard!

Brendan T.

Core Schedule implementation

Reviewed on 2021-09-16

Our organisation managed to solve the majority of existing issues in the rostering area with the help of Core Schedule.
Support from the Core Schedule Team was absolutely fantastic, they went above and beyond to fulfil all our requirements.

Pros

Core Schedule is a programme designed to provide dynamic rosters for medical work teams. It is designed by doctors for doctors. It is configured to meet the specific requirements of each unit, area, and discipline, and establishes and maintains a central point of trusted information that is always current for the wider operations and management teams. It is a Cloud-based SaaS (Software as a Service) and it can operate in a large and complex environment so rosters can be viewed and accessed by the appropriate people, in the appropriate way to meet the appropriate need.
Core Schedule can be viewed on any internet-enabled device. Rosters can appear on a user’s personal calendars (Outlook, Google, Apple Calendar etc.) with any updates or changes shown in real time.
Notification and message functionality are part of the system and can be tailored to minimize costs and boost efficiency.
Core Schedule will ensure that the specific requirements of each unit and area are met.
In addition, it helps you ensure that each individual is rostered for the appropriate number of hours, shifts, and shift types in any given period, and according to employment rules and policies.
Core Schedule is a single platform where annual/personal leave, timesheets, and expense claims can be managed

Cons

No APIs, will be very god to have, it will enable automated sync with other IT platforms, for instance with HRMS

Deputy
Erin H.

Core Schedule is great!

Reviewed on 2021-09-15

Core Schedule is a fantastic rostering program. It has all the features we need and I feel it gives more options to users and give our doctors more control over their own rosters.

Pros

That is so easily accessible on all devices. That doctors have more control over their shift swaps/trades and rosters overall. It is easily viewable and read well on the screen and very user friendly.

Cons

I would absolutely love to have doctors across/viewable on more than one roster at a time. This would make rostering across out paeds and adults roster much easier.

Response from Core Schedule

Thanks so much for our review Erin! We really appreciate the feedback. We love that you are a Core Schedule customer and look forward to working with you into the future.