TeamDesk

Custom online database creation. Low code database software.

4.9 /5 (40 reviews) Write a Review!

Fantastic product

Reviewed on 2018-04-19

Pros

I have a small medical billing business and have several contractors that assist me remotely. I am able to track a tremendous amount of information easily in Team Desk and am extremely pleased with the product. As a non technical person, I have received much customer support from TD in regards to implementing customized changes. It can basically do anything you want it to do and the changes are relatively easy to make., even without a technical aptitude. Highly recommend.

Cons

TD expects you to figure out and learn to make your own changes to the database. This part is challenging for me. They do have customer support that will assist, and their first attempt is to point you to the appropriate help section. If I can't figure something out however, they will intervene and make the changes for me.

Extremely flexible WYSIWYG database

Reviewed on 2018-04-20

Pros

As a non-developer I was able to customize this database to our exact business requirements, and am on an ongoing basis able to easily adjust workflows to match evolving business needs. Support is always quickly responsive to any issues. Amazing value for the money. Since we have been using teamdesk (about 4 years) they have actively grown and introduced many new useful features such as a REST api, zapier integration, and the ability to generate PDF documents.

Cons

I wish we could have a white label, streamlined onboarding experience for new users. But this is far outweighed by the flexibility and power of the core feature set.

Adrian M.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Wonderful functionality

Reviewed on 2018-04-19

Pros

Ease of use; I can use TeamDesk from my phone which makes my job so much easier.
User interface is simple and attractive
The functionality is great
The ability to use and manipulate data is very useful
The ability to create new tables and views, edit existing ones and gather just the right information is extremely valuable.

Cons

I can't think of much that I don't like about it. It's easy to use, easy to edit, and easy to connect from anywhere!

Pierre C.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

• Customer Support Software

Great tool for automation and teamwork

Reviewed on 2019-06-18

- CRM (clients/ offer generation/ purchasing)
- Invoice management
- Travel Expenses Management
- Quality Review from customers

Pros

- the easiness to implement a solution for sharing information in a team, setting a process
- the variety of systems to which you can connect TeamDesk for Inputs (mail, mobile, JSON ) and outputs (mail, web)
- the value for the price (number of tables, amount of storage)
- the INCREDIBLE helpline team which really helps you until your trouble is solved

Cons

- The interface is oldish (visually)

Response from ForeSoft

Thanks for the great review, Pierre.

Oliver L.

• Customer Support Software

perfect to create database solutions in a really easy way!

Reviewed on 2019-06-20

it´s filling up exactly the market niche between senseless "drag and drop" solutions with less functionality or to develop your project from the scratch.

Pros

if you understand what you want and how a database is working you can realize your projects in an unbelievable short time without the need not to care about css, html and so on.
i am really glad that i found a fast and easy solution where i don´t need to care about the GUI and can do almost the same as if would program it myself.

Cons

nothing at all, but would be nice if there would be an integrated backup functionality to schedule regularly backups to a smb share or some cloud services.

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you, Oliver, for the review and new ideas.

Reviewed on 2018-04-19

Pros

Easy set up!
All features you need for a small to medium size business!
Very fast speed!
Great support! I tried to duplicated one table on a Saturday afternoon, but messed up the relationship between tables and the whole data base went down. Tried to dial the support line and there are somebody there take care this, even with heavy accent, we are able to get the database back on Saturday evening! Just 3 hours, they solved issue.

Cons

1. Interface is not as modern to reflect the trends, preset color option for fields is limited. Anyway, the color and font is not attractive, I guess the Teamdesk is build up by technology genesis, not marketing company.

2. Database server restarted once and took about 2 days to rebuilt index, called in and the support team explained to us and all database fully recovered without any damage.

3. The communication with other App only inbound for now, but we can work with other apps to solve this issue.

Phil G.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Best of Breed

Reviewed on 2019-06-18

My client wanted to me to develop the next generation of his Access database application, but the new system was to be in the Cloud. I studied various pseudo end-user solutions but most were either too layered or required an IT department. After finding a Pros and Cons document about TeamDesk, my mind was made up, and i starting a no hassle free trial. Support was responsive, the documentation was outstanding, and the deeper I jumped into Teamdesk, the more I discovered that the developers had solved everything I could think of. TeamDesk is truly a Best of Breed environment, and my client is very happy too.

Pros

It is fast, relational and promotes good design. Form design is kept economical so as not to let cosmetics overshadow functionality.

Cons

The learning curve may be a little daunting for novices. As a developer, i had to adapt to some new terminology and strategies, but it's all worthwhile in the end.

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you very much for the fantastic review, Phil. We are glad that TeamDesk database meets your requirements and your clients' needs.

Alvaro V.
  • Industry: Automotive

• Customer Support Software

The best solution out there

Reviewed on 2019-06-18

Pros

Simple and easy to use. Fully customizable to your needs. Easy to modify and adapt on the fly. Very responsive. Makes work so much easier.

Cons

It lacks some features to be trully perfect. But really it is the greatest.

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you very much for the review , Alvaro.

Ann V.
  • Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

Flexible and easy to use

Reviewed on 2019-06-26

Great customer support, great features/flexible to fit our needs.

Pros

Ability to design it to work best for us!

Cons

It can be complicated to learn at times because there are so many options and ways to structure the data.

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you very much for the review, Ann.

Brett H.

• Customer Support Software

Amazingly simple yet powerful software that scales rapidly with growth

Reviewed on 2015-10-28

I've used TeamDesk now for over 5 years and in that time have helped many other companies achieve substantial efficiencies in their workflow practice.

The only thing I'd like improvement with is the GUI for the end user - a cleaner, less cluttered interface would bring it in line with current website appearance.

The best part of TeamDesk is its people - they are so responsive with their suggestions and help. They offer the best service in the industry, without doubt!

Martyn H.

Patricio B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

It's not just a cloud database

Reviewed on 2018-04-20

Pros

In the organization that I lead, TeamDesk has helped us to automate a large part of our Business Intelligence processes, being able not only to store the information that we manage internally and of our clients, but to integrate it with other cloud systems and giving much more value to that information.
It has allowed us to generate cloud platforms for ticket management, geolocation, cost control, cloud reporting, information management, mobile applications, to name a few.
The stability of the platform is wonderful. In 4 years of use we have not had a single incident that decreases the overall uptime of the solution. In terms of performance, the ability of the platform to manage and graph information of millions of data in real time is surprising.
Another thing that I love is that there is a community of users where we share ideas and new developments, which are listened to continuously by Foresoft and that allows you to have a clear roadmap of the service over time.
The support service of Foresoft is very delicate, its service times are in line with any global operation and they are always attentive to any doubts one may have to improve the internal business.
We are very grateful for the Teamdesk and Foresoft service, and I am sure that it can help many other companies as it has done with mine.

Cons

Not problems or cons, I believe that the platform must move to the next level with well-defined Big Data processes, which will surely be on Foresoft roadmap soon.

Adrian T.

• Customer Support Software

Fantastic product and customer service

Reviewed on 2018-04-19

Pros

I used Filemaker and Filemaker server for many years before wanting a cloud solution (Filemaker can in theory be cloud based but it's difficult and sluggish).

TeamDesk is basically Filemaker plus a hundred times better! And, it has the benefit of being in the cloud.

TeamDesk recently implemented Zapier integration (still in beta) which has taken their product to another level for us. We have the database communicating with all sorts of websites, apps and services increasing our productivity by an immense amount!

It's hard to stress how fantastic this database is for functionality and what it can do.

If you have a problem (like with a formula), you get a quick response from support, usually with a solution (I don't think there's much this database can't do).

Cons

There is only one "cons" to the product and that's probably the end user UI. Forms for filling in data are a little bit old fashioned and so are the reports (views) of data. Generally it's in spreadsheet format and you can add colour to the row or text but not much else.*

This really doesn't matter though! It's functionality and getting things done quickly are what really matters and in this regard it excels.

*I think you can now add CSS to the database to improve it's look but I've not bothered with that.

Bin xia Z.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Just perfect

Reviewed on 2018-04-19

Pros

Ease of use, custom database, cuztom functions, etc. , support from staff, price model, unlimited data for the price..

Cons

Not as beautiful on the use interface as other custom databases, but the pros are just too much for this to matter.

Steve M.

Cloud database solution

Reviewed on 2019-06-04

Pros

TeamDesk makes it possible for users to create, maintain and share a database for business information. Users can create unique database for their needs. After the creation of database, others users can be invited with necessary privileges.

Cons

To date there is nothing I can call cons. My advice to the development team is 'keep up the good work.

Response from ForeSoft

Thanks for the fantastic review, Steve!

Emeka O.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

TeamDesk has definitely succeeded in a creating an efficient way to store and manipulate data.

Reviewed on 2018-02-17

Pros

Most of all, I like that the software possesses much more more functionality and options in terms of managing data than your average database manager. It's focused on ensuring efficiency and flexibility. I recommend it.

Cons

I'd recommend this software to people who are okay with paying the price to purchase it. This might not be an issue for others but for me it's a little inconvenient.

Sukant G.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great Support Team

Great

Pros

Great Support and help provided from the support team. It solved our long pending demand.

We can manage the way we want. Very happy with team desk

Cons

Very User Friendly and customization is very good

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you for the great review, Sukant.
TeamDesk support team is always happy to help you.

Marius C.

Reviewed on 2018-05-21

• Customer Support Software

Better & cheaper than Quickbase but lacking mobile form to record (much needed)

Reviewed on 2018-04-19

Pros

It's better in may ways than Intuit Quickbase. Also much cheaper.
Great service almost around the clock and 7 days a week.
Relatively easy to use but you will need a programer for some functions (see cons)
Pricing is much better than Quickbase
Surprisingly the app looks ok to work with on the mobile but lacking mobile form to record (see cons)

Cons

BIG negative: no responsive good web to record form which forces you to find an external form app and waste a lot of time with CSS and API development and.... fixing problems.

Too long for needed features to be added like "plus" for auto adding additional input fields. There are also glitches like not being to add "none" as an option. TeamDesk is adding features only months after the market has a need for them.

Sporadic issues with speed and API calls

Adding update needed features will make TeamDesk perfect.

Not easy to set good appearance of the records.

Pierre C.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

• Customer Support Software

A real life changer at work

Reviewed on 2018-04-19

Pros

- Cuts dramatically administrative costs
- Speeds up and makes more reliable commercial / administrative processes
- Enable to share information in the company in a very efficient and organized way
- Very useful for project orientated teams
- Applicable to many processes in the company (sales, accounting, production, T&E, task tracking, ...)
- Personalized to each company (way more than any ERP !!)
- Cheap in regards to the value it creates
- Very responsive after sales team (the best I have seen so far)

Cons

Difficult to fill this category as this product is really great
- Oldish interface
- No video trainings
- Mobile app is useful but could do way way more

Tony H.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Let's me sleep at night

Reviewed on 2019-06-18

I run a small accountancy practice in the UK. I use Teamdesk to manage data about our clients, jobs and time spent by staff. We use its mail merge capability to produce letters and checklist. We use it's workflow functions to send ourselves alerts and automate communication to clients.

I have found the support very good.

Pros

I like the ease of customising the database the most. I get an idea and I can implement it in minutes.

Cons

Honestly I cannot think of anything I don't like,

Response from ForeSoft

Thanks for the review, Tony.
Special thanks to you from the support team.

Kelly W.
  • Industry: Program Development

• Customer Support Software

10+ years and keeps getting better and better!

Reviewed on 2019-06-18

I started out programming in Teamdesk over 10 years ago for a single client. I programmed for them for 5 years before starting my own business programming primarily in Teamdesk. If you are in a niche market or work remotely this is the program you need. We've programmed HIPAA compliant patient management, sales, inventory, fleet management, rental management, office processes, truck-driver compliance, and the list just goes on.

Pros

I've been programming Teamdesk databases for over 10 years. They have been super responsive to client input and requests for new features.

Cons

There are few things I dislike about this software. Every time I find something I don't like I can talk to them to find out why it's like that or make a suggestion for a change. Users can also "vote" on people's suggestions so they are working on what their clients really want.

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review.

Michael C.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate Software

• Customer Support Software

Teamdesk is the cornerstone of our operations!

Reviewed on 2019-06-20

Great for record keeping & organized systems.

Pros

I love the ability to customize to continue to improve our operational systems. I also really like being able to use the software at any time and any place I have internet. It is also helpful to be able to open more than one teamdesk window at a time while working on multiple projects and updates at a time - and they have thought of everything because if we try and save a file while another is open it will notify of that and make us confirm. Thank you Teamdesk team!!

Cons

a slight lag in question/response - not immediate - which is okay & I understand not completely necessary :)

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you very much for the review, Michael.

• Industry: Hospitality

TeamDesk makes it easy to work with data.

Reviewed on 2018-08-31

Love TeamDesk— suggest to all non-competition

Pros

Software is easily customize able. Easy to develop a wide range of applications for all business functions. Very good customer support.

Cons

Cluttered UI, isn’t integrated with some of my other business software.

Vien P.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great Database, Inexpensive, Easy to Store Information, All in one Management

Reviewed on 2020-11-03

Nice customer service.

Pros

Store unlimited information
Convenient for delivery with open map feature
Track and notify client expire date
Generate forms for Client sign
Track and calculate inventory
Great number of users to start out with
Design your database the way you want
Overall great price and service.

Cons

So far we do not see any cons. I suggest TeamDesk to keep improving to make even easier platform for all type of businesses.

Response from ForeSoft

Thank you very much for the nice review.