Marq

Easy-to-use design & brand templating platform.

4.4/5
4.4/5
4.5/5
Customer Support Software
4.3/5

Jaana

Lucidpress Takes Our Marketing on a New Level

Reviewed on 6/21/2018

Great tool, love it! I don't even want to think about how much we struggled before Lucidpress. Now creating marketing material is so fast and easy!

Pros

The templates that come provided with Lucidpress are amazing. Using these templates has helped us, a small company with limited time and resources, to build fantastic looking marketing material fast. You can choose from a wide variety of templates for different occasions, from brochures to flyers and anything between. With Lucidpress, it is easy to look professional, so much of the groundwork has already been done for you!

Cons

The tool, while at use, does slow down my computer, an older Surface Pro 3, a little. With more powerful computer, performance probably isn't an issue

Rand
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

I love Lucidress

Reviewed on 1/13/2019

Pros

I find Lucidpress so easy to use. A few years ago, I was actively looking for an online application to make flyers and posters to market my business. I couldn't find anything and I thought I might have to develop it myself. It seemed like such a necessary product. Then I suddenly stumbled upon Lucidpress. It was exactly what I was looking for. With just a few mouse clicks, a novice like me can make a professional looking flyer, saving me hundreds of dollars at a time.

Cons

Every once in a while, I select a feature that is only available if I upgrade to a premium subscription.

Katie
  • Used for 6-12 months

Fine to Use in a Pinch, But Not a Great Substitute

Reviewed on 3/20/2018

Pros

If you need a quick document or poster designed and you haven't dived into the Adobe world yet, Lucidpress will work in a pinch. The navigation is fairly simple and easy to use, and they've got a great selection of pre-designed icons, symbols, and pictures you can use. It's been a lifesaver for quick projects when I didn't have access to InDesign.

Cons

The free version is extremely restrictive in the amount of data you can upload + pages you can create. Good news: the first paid tier isn't prohibitively expensive (so expect to pay). Functionality isn't at all as robust as InDesign, and I've often found myself scrambling and searching to find a basic function like page rulers/guidelines. But if you're expecting basic functionality, this will get the job done.

Kevin
  • Used for 1+ year

Easy Brand Design Management Software

Reviewed on 6/12/2018

I learned more about what I require in a design software and what I could live without.

Pros

User intuitive, and simple to use straight out of the gate with useful templates to get even the newest of users started quickly. Brand Management options make for quick projects as well.

Cons

Free options are limited and the sizing and formats could be a bit more diverse. I personally can do the same thing in other programs with their free versions what requires a subscription to do in Lucidpress.

Lexie
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Easy for Non-Designers

Reviewed on 9/17/2019

Such a great workspace for non-designers to be creative.

Pros

I liked how I was able to transfer all my skills from Illustrator and MORE from this software. It has advanced capabilities even though even though beginners can use it too. It puts a lot of pressure off me, as a graphic designer, when writers can create visuals of what they are thinking themselves.

Cons

This does not replace Illustrator in my opinion since there is just not the same amount of flexibility offered. It is still useful for the writers.

Ismail

Lucid Press

Reviewed on 2/27/2017

Pros

Lucid press is awesome we use it to create all our eBooks, we used to work with Indesign before, but Indesign requires lots of computer resources what we like about Lucid Press is the fact that it runs on a browser

Cons

Grids and snap to grid features can be improved, text-editor needs improvements, there are no strokes for the text.

Colin

A is for A4

Reviewed on 11/8/2018

I have found it useful in preparing a brochure and some other material for a restaurant business that is run by some friends. It's relatively intuitive but could do with more templates in A4

Pros

I like the templates and the relatively easy way to adapt them to suit your needs

Cons

There are not enough templates in A4 which is the most commonly used paper in an office and small business environment in Australia. When you change a "Letter"-sized template to A4 the design elements move out of place.

Michael
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Get the BEST with Lucidpress

Reviewed on 3/26/2019

The overall experience was great. We were able to publish a monthly newsletter promoting the exciting accomplishments of our school and community. Once the template was setup for the different users, the delegation of duties and the collaboration of ideas was outstanding.

Pros

* Ability to work on publication collaboratively with others
* Create many different styles of pages to make you publication spectacular
* Professional look of the finished product
* Different ways to publish the final product

Cons

* There is a "learning curve" on how some function work in Lucidpress.
* Not a drag and drop feature for pictures.

Kasey
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Saved me so much time!

Reviewed on 5/1/2018

Pros

I've literally spend hours upon hours trying to figure out how to make business cards on Microsoft word, this software really helped cut the time in half. Having excellent templates really was super useful and there were a lot of fun creative designs. I found it to be much more simple than using the Adobe software that I found to be a bit intimidating.

Cons

I really didn't need to use this software very much, but I did not experience any issues while using the free trial and I would recommend it to anyone trying to build cards like this.

Rivka
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 4/11/2020

Pros

This has been a great tool for creating the layout for my children's books and coloring books before publishing them. It is simple and easy to use even for someone without a background in more advanced design tools like myself. I am so glad I found this tool!

Cons

Like anything else, even though it is easy there is a bit of a learning curve.

Marci

Great Product

Reviewed on 2/24/2020

Pros

The ease of use is what I like most. It’s very user friendly.

Cons

In my opinion it is missing some features such as the ability to create charts and graphs. I would also like the ability to add some more artistic flair to my documents and to have a wider variety of preset templates like Canva offers.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Marq

Price and ease of use
Paul
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

• Customer Support Software

Awesome option for those wanting to not be tied to Publisher

Reviewed on 2/6/2020

Being a Chromebook/G-Suite district, Lucidpress allows our staff to continue to make high quality newsletters and flyers on any device (since it's cloud based) without being tied to the Microsoft Office product. The ability to collaborate and integrate into Google Classroom and Google Drive has also been very beneficial.

Pros

Web based with a nice variety of features. Simple to use but powerful. Can be centrally managed and licenses can be distributed, as needed, using the Lucidpress Team feature. Cheap for K-12 entities (about $50 per license, per year). LucidPress is a great alternative from Microsoft Publisher even for those institutes that may use the Educational free version of Office 365 (which doesn't include Publisher). Allows for collaboration and makes creating newsletters and flyers easy for even the non-technical user. Connects easily with Google Drive and Google Classrooms.

Cons

With a fairly large set of options and features, "Publisher only" trained staff or those who are "tech-nervous" are initially a little intimidated by the options they have. However, after showing them the basics in under 5 minutes, they can usually create professional looking newsletters.

Linh

• Customer Support Software

Been using Lucidpress for nearly two years and it has been a wonderful experience.

Reviewed on 6/16/2017

Getting paid.

Pros

Lucidpress is a great online-based software for those who cannot download software on their computers. As a chromebook user, it was a handy tool for me to create, edit and download PDFs I have created. I created things from flyers to presentations to postcards. Easy to use and simple to use. Lucidpress is great to use when you need basic editing tools from Adobe InDesign.

Cons

More features! Lucidpress should use more work on the picture editing tool. Some of the brightness and contrast doesn't work too well, so I prefer to do simple editing on Photoshop for my brightening needs on photos.

Cassie

• Customer Support Software

I love the user-friendliness of the program, my documents look great without tons of hours...

Reviewed on 6/17/2017

Pros

It's easy to add and manipulate graphics and text. The upload font upgrade is well worth it to have more options. Customer support is good too and they are always upgrading the services and experience

Cons

I don't like the storage system. If you upload a photo and use it four times, the storage counts it against your account each individual time. That can chew up a lot of space

Adam

• Customer Support Software

Lucidpress makes creating graphics/marketing materials for our church a breeze!

Reviewed on 2/21/2018

Pros

As a pc-turned-mac user, finding an easy to use software to create promo/marketing was hard- I was used to using Publisher--and had never settled on a similar program on our mac computers. Options seemed pretty pricy--until I discovered Lucidpress. Now, we can quickly create clean and professional looking materials for our church's programs and events. Very affordable, and very helpful. The entire experience of using Lucidpress is easy to use. All buttons are intuitive and feel very natural to use--especially as a former publisher user. It gives a variety of options for saving/printing--and the onboard templates are a huge time-saver. Pick a template, customize as needed, and away you go. Very fast process, and the end product looks amazing and communicates our messages well.

Heather

Works for me!

Reviewed on 12/5/2018

I need good quality graphics for my small online store. I don’t have a designer on payroll, so having an easy to use solution like Lucidpress is awesome.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how many templates are available.

Cons

I wish there were more fonts available without an upgrade to the premium plan.

Lawrence
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

• Customer Support Software

lucidpress document and image editing online software

Reviewed on 1/9/2019

branding, social media.
We use it also with other applications like Vistaprint for printed media.
we find it very easy to use, and are very happy with the quality. We feel it's good value for money, but doesn't replace a professional graphic design service.
Really liked being able to use a free version to get the hang of the software. we then chose to go with the upgraded (paid) version.

Pros

very easy to use image editing software with some great features ... like being able to upload and store a bank of images, easy to use options for sharing and working on projects and a nice in-between option as far as complexity and quality is concerned. I'd say it is ideal for folks that something like Adobe Photoshop or InDesign is overkill, yet need the more tools and resources that you may fond with most online (either free or paid) apps / software.

Cons

not being able to access all (or at least more) fonts despite using a paid version.

Ashley
  • Used for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Lucidpress brings functionality and a modern quality to the publications we create.

Reviewed on 6/15/2017

This software helped us modernize our publications. Instead of "flat" print pieces, we can now create interactive publications. We utilize this especially for our quarterly publication providing YouTube videos, photo galleries, links to resources our members may have missed. I also love that if something was incorrect, all I need to do is fix it and republish it and no one else would know.

Pros

The software is extremely intuitive. We utilize Lucidpress for a quarterly publication and it is extremely easy to create templates or copy older files in order to keep branding consistent throughout. I like the variety of things you can create and like that their are some loaded templates if you want a basis to start from.

Wendy
  • Industry: Information Services

Plenty of flexibility

Reviewed on 11/13/2021

Love it. The ability to create documents quickly - and which look beautiful - is hugely valuable.

Pros

The end documents look highly professional. We can produce our own content without paying external designers and keep all items consistent with our branding

Cons

The text flow. Fiddly to master initially, although we got the hang of it fairly quickly. I’ve also found the text formatting is inconsistent between browsers. Overall though, not much to complain about and definitely no deal breakers.

Shereen
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Lucidpress is the best Publishing Platform I've ever used

Reviewed on 1/13/2019

I have done flyers, brochures, door hangers, business cards, and was starting a magazine for a ministry until they flaked out here recently. If I had more clients to work with, I'd be full-on with LucidPress as I enjoy using it for nearly everything.

Pros

I go a long way back, but this is, by far, the most user-friendly ever. I used to use Microsoft Publisher and all of that from back in the day, but this is one of the most USER-FRIENDLY ever.

Cons

Wish I had more clients so I can keep my subscription at all times.

Rodney
  • Industry: Fund-Raising
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy powerful platform

Reviewed on 2/22/2020

We use for posters, newsletters and magazines.

Pros

This software is by far the easiest and most powerful software we have used for newsletters and PR Sheets. We have tried numerous programs. Most with a higher price point and this has been the the best option for our PR Team.

Cons

Right now this has no flaws for.our use and we have had great luck with lucidpress

Sophie
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

• Customer Support Software

It's been a great experience, easy to work with, lots of cool templates, possibilities are...

Reviewed on 6/15/2017

I am now able to create professional and visually appealing documents and promo material. I've been able to do it myself instead of outsource.

Pros

I love all the templates and ability to download your own fonts, images, etc I use it for everything. I create flyers, posters, portfolios, catalogs.

Cons

Sometimes when working on large pieces it takes forever to download and gets super slow. I wish it would be compatible with photoshop.

Lee

• Customer Support Software

Low Cost publishing for my printing needs

Reviewed on 6/17/2017

Pros

Lucidpress works on Chromebooks as it's web-based. This functionality has saved my company lots of money on Full based OS laptops .

Cons

Unable to push out Indesign Files. My company does a lot of designing that ends up in print. Higher-end print companies request InDesign files which I'm unable export out of LucidPress. I sometimes run into clients who request InDesign files which is an industry standard that I'm unable to deliver to them

Stephania
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

• Customer Support Software

I love the ease and quality of Lucid Press!

Reviewed on 12/9/2020

Lucid Press is well-structured and has great newsletter templates. It was a really big help in designing my school's newsletters. I was able to guide my students easily with the Lucid Press templates.

Pros

I like the formatted templates and the ease of use, of Lucid Press. It was easy for me to use the formatted templates with my students and my organizations.

Cons

I loved Lucid Press as it is. It works well for me.

Shannon

Design Made Easy

Reviewed on 5/20/2020

Highly efficient.

Pros

I enjoy the templates as well as the option for your own design. Efficient.

Cons

I would like to see more options for pictures/effects for pictures.

QuarkXPress