ConstructionOnline Reviews

ConstructionOnline

Web-based project management tool for construction sector

4.5/5
4.3/5
4.3/5
Customer Support Software
4.8/5

UDA is Awesome!!!

Reviewed on 2018-03-12

If you work in construction, then you should be using this software. It is completely construction focused and what the construction industry needs.

Pros

Their customer service is unbelievably good. If you have questions or don't understand something, they work with you until you do. I'm impressed by how much time and effort has gone into putting this platform together and their constantly willingness to listen to their customers for feedback.

Cons

For there most part, I love almost everything. I wish the ToDo lists and/or punch lists had the ability to repeat those items you do on a daily basis. At the moment that's all I can think of.

John

Review by owner/entrepreneur

Reviewed on 2023-06-19

Overall, it is checking all the boxes necessary for managing our company; I’m still learning how to use it myself- after almost a year after purchasing it!

Pros

It has all the features you need for running a mid-size construction company.

Cons

The learning curve is quite challenging, which makes it a tedious process to adopt and train employees.

Reasons for Choosing ConstructionOnline

We switched from solely using QuickBooks for estimating and invoicing. We still use QuickBooks for bookkeeping, etc. Construction online offers so many more features necessary in a construction company, and can still be synced with QuickBooks.

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to ConstructionOnline

It seemed like a better product overall with better customer service and better reviews.
Ray

Construction Online

Reviewed on 2024-01-02

The product is easy to use provides a great user friendly tool to manage projects.

Pros

The app is user friendly, overall easy to use and train, has almost every Project Management tool that a construction Project Manager will need.

Cons

Very basic estimating tool, very basic scheduling tool, very poor billing, invoice management and cost tracking

Derek

UDA Project Management and Estimating

Reviewed on 2024-02-06

Pros

We are able to upload all of the project docs and mark up in one place in stead of searching emails and other submittals. When a template is complete and we are comfortable using it, estimating becomes much easier than spreadsheets. We can track projects in real time when the field is remembering to upload items as they’re being completed.

Cons

When we upload plans it creates individual pages for a project, I wish the full drawling sets were more easily accessible.

Jeff

Great product

Reviewed on 2023-08-29

Great!

Great!

Pros

Estimates and client invoicing are super easy to use

Cons

QBO synch, mobile app speed need a little work

Reasons for Choosing ConstructionOnline

Procore is too complicated

Procore

The schedule and estimate tools are better on Construction Online
Walter

What I like with UDA

Reviewed on 2023-11-05

I have been super happy with UDA and its ease of use.

I have been super happy with UDA and its ease of use.

Pros

I really like the scheduling and messaging features of UDA. I find that it is so much better when all involved in decisions are all getting the same info in real time. I also really like the Redline planning room. It is the best blueprint reader I have ever used.

Cons

I feel like this is more of a internal matter with our company but I think that a lot of the features of UDA are unused as they are meant for much bigger, commercial, companies and projects. I think that if the features could be customized for the company and its needs.

Joe

Merging UDA with our needs

Reviewed on 2023-09-06

So far Customer Service has been GREAT!

So far Customer Service has been GREAT!

Pros

One source or solution, everything under one platform.

Cons

Lack of a prebuilt RS Means construction cost database option.

Procore, Autodesk Construction Cloud and STACK

STACK

Reasons for Switching to ConstructionOnline

Had a platform we thought we could adapt to our requirements
Shawn

• Customer Support Software

Great product and customer service

Reviewed on 2023-09-14

They have been great to work with and always very helpful to educate us on using the system.

Pros

It keeps everyone in tune with the projects from sales to production.

Cons

Android style tablets are not great to use with the system for the estimating functions since an update was done a couple months ago.

Reasons for Switching to ConstructionOnline

Because I was already using it for estimates.
Heather

Conversion

Reviewed on 2022-06-22

Pros

Organization, flexibility, ease in creating catalogues, ease in entering estimates

Cons

Finding a clients phone number when in the opportunity is frustrating. Also, there are not enough fields to enter phone numbers and emails.

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

• Customer Support Software

This is a great product, very good customer service

Reviewed on 2020-04-24

When I contact the company for questions or input, they are always quick to respond with resolutions. but we hope to use the GamePlan function when it's ready

Pros

It seems to integrate well with agile books as long as you understand how QB items work. When I called for help, I received an effective and immediate solution and the project logging application was much easier than using a spreadsheet.

Cons

My only complaint is that I have waited too long to implement my software program integration. I don't really have any negative comments ... the product continues to evolve and improvements are added and unlike many systems

Lorenzo

• Customer Support Software

Excellent tool for construction companies

Reviewed on 2023-03-11

Pros

Scheduling / estimating / to do / daily logs

Cons

Still learning about all the tools the system has to offer. So far - there is nothing I don’t like or noted needs improvements

CoConstruct and Asana

Reasons for Switching to ConstructionOnline

Better customer experience while presenting the product to the team and it has all the tools we need in order to grow our company and keep the team on track
Kenneth

Big Fan!!!

Reviewed on 2023-02-17

Pros

I really like the estimating integration and project tracking. Its nice to have a platform to house all the information about one project.

Cons

Adding Sheets to a current set is a cumbersome. It would be great id we could add the Architects revision number instead of V1 V2 etc.

Procore

Reasons for Switching to ConstructionOnline

More user friendly on the whole. Additionally, the estimating integration is miles ahead of Procore.
Casey

• Customer Support Software

Powerful software with a learning curve

Reviewed on 2022-09-02

The biggest benefit is everything being in one place.

The biggest benefit is everything being in one place.

Pros

The selection picker is definitely something we use a lot and helps keep the myriad of selections in a home organized, such that they can be sliced and diced by trade/room etc. Redline plan room we've recently starting using. The ability to do our own takeoffs is super handy. More than any feature, the support you get is invaluable. The team is always ready and willing to help you figure out how to use the software to meet your goals. The ability to have a set of shared plans is super helpful, as you can make field modifications in real time and have them reflected on all your coworkers plans as well, and vice-versa.

Cons

Construction Online doesn't *look* as user-friendly as say, Trello or Monday.com, but it has all the features and more. It takes considerable training to take advantage of all the capabilities and that makes it hard to adopt across a team that's busy doing other things. Making a lot of the features more user-friendly interface like would help. Bite-sized training, like pre-recorded sessions that introduce users to functions in an organized way, building on previous lessons would be helpful. The support is very helpful and willing to help you get started, but you need to know what you want to accomplish for them to guide you there. Starting fresh, you don't even know what you want yet.

Kimberley

Construction Project Management

Reviewed on 2022-11-15

This is new software to everyone in our organization. I was brought in to assist with integrating the new software by learning it and then teaching it. Overall that process has been easily incorporated.

Pros

I use the time tracking, contacts, lead tracking and opportunities. Out of the parts I use, I like the time tracking system. It is easy to adjust for missed or incorrect punches, the notes and photos sections make tracking the completion of the work into a simple monitoring source. I do wish there were a way to add a break or lunch time entry for when those punches get missed.

Cons

I get frustrated with not all the time punch notes, To Do, Checklists, Punchlist items, Daily Logs, Work Logs from all jobs not flowing into the Overview section. When employees are creating any type of entry that includes photos or notes, it should flow into the Overview section, without having to put it into multiple areas. I would also like to see the ability to track insurance certificate expiration more easily. Having to put it on the calendar with repeating recurrences can be confusing for not having the option for "Never End".

Hector

Lost with out it!

Reviewed on 2022-01-12

I have been using this software on since 2015 and has been extremely satisfied. I operate as a small residential Contractor and use UDA Suite and Construction online for Estimating, Proposals, Project Tracking (Work Logs and reports), Redline/Plan Room. I use this software on a daily basis and it helps me stay organized.

Pros

Estimating, Proposals, Project Tracking (Work Logs and reports) and Redline/Plan Room.

The infrequent times I have an issue or question someone is readily available to help and resolve it immediately. For Example- I called about upgrading my Construction Suite and their Support Specialist Win [SENSITIVE CONTENT] handle my questions in an efficient and professional manner. I'm up running again!

Cons

For me it is helpful to able to see load paths through out my projects. It would be great if you would include an overlay feature in red line/plan room.

Brenda

• Customer Support Software

7 Years and Still Running!

Reviewed on 2022-07-15

Pros

The app for the field has been a game changer for us. It bridged a gap between our office staff and the field staff in ways I didn't know would happen. Recently, integrating with QB has also blown my mind at how fast the PM in the field can see the project actual costs. He is now able to make those hard decisions much more quickly and with confidence.

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind is I wish there was an event log or something we can reference when changes are made. I also wish there was an automated numbering system for estimates.

Krista

• Customer Support Software

A helpful, one stop shop platform

Reviewed on 2023-10-16

Some business items we do with Construction Online is tracking our client's selections for their projects. Whether it is a kitchen remodel, ADU or a new barn or shop, I can do it all on UDA. It tracks their allowances and costs and lets them see all their choices they've made.

Pros

We use Construction Online to upload and showcase our client's selections for their residential projects. I love how it shows the "Selections Overage Summary" Our client's really like to see the running total as well. Oh and one other thing that is probably my favorite feature is the "picker tool!" It is so helpful and convenient!

Cons

That it can take a while to load sometimes, but that may just be my computer.

Eris
  • Industry: Design

UDA Construction Has Been Beneficial for Our Design Business

Reviewed on 2022-04-13

Pros

UDA is a convenient place for all of our client's documents to be stored and shared across clients, subcontractors, project manager, and designers. The feature that allows clients to "approve" each choice ensures that their desires are withheld during the building process. Having a virtual format for all of this information is essential for our design business where clients are often out of state and makes communication easier. The live chat function on the software is great for questions about the software that are quickly answered by a representative.

Cons

The organization of categories, selections, and choices could be improved by having more flexibility for their organization. Often, we have multiple choices for a selection, and it would be easier for our flow for a client to approve multiple choices within a selection. However, we have found ways to work around this limitation.

Greg

Good Software

Reviewed on 2023-12-08

Happy with the software and depend on it daily. I have been using it for over 8 years.

Pros

Many features aid in the management of projects

Cons

There are several options or features that could help us but they are additional costs and we are already paying a lot for C.O. and we can't justify the additional cost.
Quickbooks integration is fair but causes some reporting issues that make job costing difficult.

Tim

Long Term Users

Reviewed on 2023-08-16

We have used the program for over 12 years and there have been many enhancements that we feel help us in running our projects and bringing good communications to our team.

Pros

The program is very robust and allows us to use parts that fit our businesses well. It is critical to stay in good communications with everyone on the project team, CO makes that easy!

Cons

In Scheduling, the ability to select multiple assigned people to a single task. The program will close down speratically from time to time.

Dilcia

• Customer Support Software

New user managing company projects with ConstructionOnline

Reviewed on 2023-09-18

Our company is migrating fully to ConstructionOnline for our project management and so far the experience even including subcontractors and clients has been fairly easy, everything is in one place and can be accessed from wherever we are.

Pros

Most of the software is kind of self-explanatory, which makes everything really easy to navigate. When I need help the team of tech support is a click away and always has the answer to what I need.

Cons

There are some features that in our opinion are missing: E.g. Being able to create an invoice with multiple change orders at the time. Watermarks when printing an schedule.

Barry

ConstructionOnline reliability & support

Reviewed on 2016-01-27

Pros

Something that seems to be increasingly rare these days is that the company behind Construction Online (and Construction Suite) stands behind their product 100% and the quality & level of support is how I wish all my suppliers and business partners were. Over the years I have looked at alternative systems just to make sure we are not missing out on a better alternative ... and I am confident we are not.
I am also a big fan of their pricing model ... the alternative systems where you pay for a set number of projects can rapidly become very expensive for a company such as ourselves as we do lots of smaller renovation projects as opposed to only a few larger ones per year. There is no limit to the amount of business we do so it is easy to allow this system to grow with our business without any financial "penalty".

Cons

I genuinely do not have any negative comments ... the product continues to grow and enhancements are added and unlike many systems, they do appear to test pretty thoroughly before releasing an update to the software.

Joshua

• Customer Support Software

Second time around, Still useful.

Reviewed on 2022-05-23

I started with UDA years ago with construction suite. We used suite for the pre-con, and CO for the daily management. CO is getting better every day. I would love to see more webinars for continued training.

Pros

This software gives you the best bang for the buck. There are only a few programs on the market that will do everything that CO does, and only CO integrates everything and makes it easier for the user.

Cons

Some of the features from Construction suite have not moved over to CO. The client website looks dated and it is not extremely user friendly.

Jennifer

SBC Review

Reviewed on 2022-04-27

Pros

Financial integration with Quickbooks. Estimating land project scheduling are the best features.

Cons

Estimating spreadsheet could be a little more residential builder friendly. Contacts vs Lead tracking is a little confusing and complicated to have both sections. Opportunities do not have communications (this is a time when we are communicating a lot with the client). COL also could use a section to send out bids and get replies from there. Selections could also use an update. It can get very confusing.

Dallas

CKR Review

Reviewed on 2022-12-02

Pros

I like that we are able to build cost books to make estimating simpler. The various templates are very helpful as well.

Cons

I think the general UI could use some help. It is not always intuitive on where to find certain information. I wish you could enter addresses for calendar events since some of our meetings take place at clients homes.