timeBro

Fully automatic time tracking tool for Windows & macOS.

4.7/5
4.6/5
4.6/5
Customer Support Software
4.8/5

Rob

• Customer Support Software

timeBro keeps track of your work so you can accurately log time and bill for it

Reviewed on 2021-08-19

Totally great experience - and the customer support is amazing. For example, I had a request to pull task lists from Teamwork a little differently than how they were doing it, and they agreed to my request.. within just a couple of weeks, they built and deployed a feature that totally helped my workflow!

Pros

It's great to be able to look back and see what I've done throughout the day. I work across many clients and many projects with many tasks. At the end of my day, I have a hard time remembering what I did.. timeBro helps remind me so that I can log my time correctly.

Cons

Sometimes there feels like there's a slowness issue between timeBro and Outlook.

Response from timeBro

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your review. Happy to hear that timeBro works as a good memory aid for you and that you appreciate our customer support.

Regarding the slowness issue: We're planning to release a comprehensive update to timeBro 4.0 soon, which will enhance performance and speed in general. But feel free to always leave us further remarks directly in the Contact-Tab in the tool.

Robin

• Customer Support Software

Comprehensive time tracking with minimal overhead

Reviewed on 2021-07-14

I do a lot of consulting work for my clients which requires that I read through many documents and write reports. I needed a way to track how I spend in research and in writing and I needed to be able to split it out by client. What I love about timeBro is that it automatically tracks what I'm doing and shows the titles of the docs I'm reading or writing so I can easily categorise which client to bill.

Pros

The automatic time-tracking is the best feature from my perspective. I have having to interrupt my flow in order to log my time. I love the way timeBro shows me the application I was working in as well as the title of the document.

Cons

There are many additional features built into timeBro that I will never use.

Time Doctor

Reasons for Choosing timeBro

I found Clockify to be unreliable. If often did not capture the document titles I needed in order to do accurate billing.

Clockify

Reasons for Switching to timeBro

Ease of use.

Response from timeBro

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your review. We're glad to hear that you're happy with our automatic tracking and that timeBro improved your workflow.

If you have any further remarks, feel free to always leave us your feedback directly in timeBro under the contact tab.

Lyn
  • Industry: Entertainment

good quality product

Reviewed on 2021-10-27

good experience- would definitely recommend

Pros

easy to use - does what it promises - some features don't work as good as i wish

Cons

takes up quite some processing of my laptop but that's ok
reminder doesn't always pop up!

Response from timeBro

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for reviewing. Happy to hear that you find timeBro easy to use.

We'd also love to hear more about which features you think could work better. Please feel free to write us further feedback in the contact tab directly in the tool.

Regarding the reminder, you could try and check the notification center on your device to make sure all notifications settings are correct.

Lynda
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

I didn't realize how often I under-billed clients

Reviewed on 2021-10-27

timeBro is literally download & go. It's easy to use, inexpensive, and an invaluable investment. I've tried different manual methods to track my billable hours and my inconsistency cost me money. The digital methods either still required me to open the software to start and end for the different categories I track, or were too costly.

Pros

timeBro's automatic tracking works in the background and I can determine how I want this feature to bundle my time (I use 10-minute chunks). I appreciate the flexibility of creating my own categories based on whether a client hires me for technical writing or to manage their proposal development.

Cons

I wish there less click-throughs to categorize my time bundles.

Time Doctor, Clockify and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to timeBro

timeBro meets my current needs of automatic tracking in the background at an affordable price with more robust features to grow into.

Response from timeBro

Hi Lynda,

We appreciate your feedback. Great to hear that you're happy with timeBro's features and easy usage.

As for your remark: We're planning a new feature which will make it possible to mark multiple timeslots at once and combine them into one time entry. Feel free to always leave us further remarks directly in the Contact-Tab in the tool.

Polly
  • Industry: Law Practice

timeBro s the best

Reviewed on 2021-08-24

Great time tracker software for a legal practice.

Pros

Very easy to use. Always running. Error proof. Great customer service.

Cons

I have no complaints about the software. It lets me see my time easily and quickly.

Ian

• Customer Support Software

TimeBro saves me time, and makes it easy to track billable hours

Reviewed on 2021-08-19

I need to track hours on multiple projects with different customers, and then enter that time into different systems. It can get very confusing and it's easy to miss an hour or two when doing manually. timeBro makes the process easier, and most importantly helps make sure every billable hour is captured.

Pros

Simple UI makes it quick and painless to track and allocate hours to projects. Integration with some common backends means that I don't have to rekey every time entry (just some, where a customer has an unsupported time system). Since using timeBro the hours I spend tracking time are down, but more importantly the missed hours where I do some work but don't end up billing are minimized. Catching just one or two hours a month more than pays for the subscription.

Cons

The only thing that can be difficult is syncing projects/tasks with teamwork, though I'm not 100% sure if the problem is with teamwork or timeBro. I had some minor issues with timezones in extracts, but support was excellent, and it was fixed in the next release.

I wasn't a fan of the subscription model, but will grudgingly admit that the frequent improvements to the product and the value received make the quarterly cost well worth it.

Response from timeBro

Hi Ian,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're glad that you appreciate our automatic tracking and find it easy to detect all billable hours & minutes for your different projects with timeBro.

It's great to hear that our update was able to solve your issues - we'd also be happy to give you guidance regarding any problems you may have with the teamwork integration. Feel free to leave us exact remarks in the contact tab directly in the tool.

Martin
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Reviewed on 2021-08-11

Pros

Easy installation and direct use. Very cool overview of the work and good handling with other software.

Cons

Telephone calls and the missing features for smartphone use.

Response from timeBro

Hi Martin,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We're glad that you are happy with timeBro's easy usage and integration with other tools.

Regarding your remarks: We know timeBro has some limitations when it comes to mobile or cross-device usage. We already look into legit and handy solutions for this limitation. Of course, these solutions need to align with our "privacy first" philosophy and GDPR, which makes it a bit tricky. If you're looking for a solution for call tracking, maybe timeBro Premium could fit your needs. Currently only Pascom, Sipgate.io & Fritz!BOX are the supported call systems. If you use a call system, which isn't supported yet, you can simply request the integration. Our Product Team will then evaluate the feasibility for you. Not sure, if this reply really helps you. In case you like to give detailed feedback about missing features or functionality, feel free to contact us directly in the timeBro app under the contact tab.

Florian
  • Industry: Fine Art

Absolutely recommendable!

Reviewed on 2021-08-11

I have been working in the agency business for 20 years and have tried many tools/timetracking tools to increase my efficiency. None has worked as relaxed and smoothly as TimeBro. Unfortunately, in the past I was always too inconsistent to continuously keep track of my times, but since I started using TimeBro I just start working and always have the perfect overview! I also use the Moco integration, which is how I found you. All in all, chapeau and many thanks for this beautiful piece of software, which I use daily with enthusiasm and recommend with pleasure!

Pros

The automatic timetracking and the overview of my working history

Cons

I miss a shortcut on the Mac to be able to call up time tracking

Response from timeBro

Hi Florian,

Thank you for leaving your review. We're happy to hear that timeBro's automatic tracking and the integration with Moco are working out well for you.

Your remark concerning a shortcut on Mac is noted and put on our idea board. We appreciate all new ideas, feel free to tell us more anytime under the contact tab directly in timeBro.

Stefano
  • Industry: Legal Services

Principal Monaco Lawyers

Good with excellent support

Pros

Easy to of use, automated, integrated good reporting

Cons

Does capture everything you do if people looking at lots of website can be time consuming editing out information

Response from timeBro

Hi Stefano,

Thanks for reviewing. We're glad that you find our tool easy to use and enjoy its automatic features.

Regarding your remark: If you open the settings in timeBro, you'll find a section called "Blacklist". This function enables you to list websites and e-mail contacts which you'd like to exclude from the automatic tracking. Furthermore, if you zoom out of your timeline you'll be able to see a less detailed overview of your working day. Hope that helps, if not feel free to contact us anytime directly in the tool.

Anand
  • Industry: Utilities

Experience with Time Bro

Reviewed on 2021-10-30

It really helped me in tracking the time spent on projects and also provides a good facility on optimising the time and enhances transparency with clients.

Pros

It tracks the web based email activity also which is very useful.

Cons

It has no facility to capture actual time spent on calls and Team meetings except the schedule times

Response from timeBro

Hi Anand,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Great to hear that timeBro helps with your tracking and transparency with clients.

If you're looking for a solution for call tracking, maybe timeBro Premium could fit your needs. Currently only Pascom, Sipgate.io & Fritz!BOX are the supported call systems. If you use a call system, which isn't supported yet, you can simply request the integration. Just write us in the contact tab directly in the app.

As for capturing team meetings, integrations with tools like Zoom or Microsoft Teams are planned and will hopefully be available in the near future.

Ryanne
  • Industry: Law Practice

• Customer Support Software

Affordable and functional time tracking

Reviewed on 2021-08-19

Pros

The combination automatic activity tracking with the ability to easily and quickly record billed time is fantastic. It allows me to spend less time billing each month and allows me to capture more billable hours.

Cons

The capacity to edit time entry properties (e.g. changing the billed rate from the default) use improvement. Depending on what kind of edits are needed, going into the billing software to edit the time entry is sometimes necessary.

Elaine

• Customer Support Software

Invaluable- I wouldn’t be without it

Reviewed on 2021-10-27

Incredible time tracking so I never lose a penny of due time and earnings. Easy to use and so effective!

Pros

I love time bro. I had been tracking on excel and was being underpaid, something I discovered in just a day of using the system.
I got a new Mac and the first thing I wanted set up was this. I simply wouldn’t be without it!

I had an issue getting set up again and someone senior (I think the [SENSITIVE CONTENT]) video called me to help. Absolutely fantastic!

Each client or project has a separate colour to track it, so my monthly invoices take seconds.

Cons

No difficulty at all in set up or use. I believe this could be used for all kinds of business and people. It’s just the best!

Vicky Jo
  • Industry: Publishing

Hands-off time-tracking

Reviewed on 2021-10-27

I do a lot of proof-reading and copy-editing of articles submitted to our psychology journal. I need to keep track of which edition I'm working on and which author's article I'm editing. timeBro allows me to keep all this categorised easily.

Pros

It tracks my time without me having to start or stop it.

Cons

I can't think of anything lacking. timeBro seems to have everything I need.

Response from timeBro

Hi Vicky,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. timeBro is designed to help you concentrate on your work and forget about time tracking, so we're happy to hear that it helps you do just that.

If you have any further remarks you can always leave us your feedback in the contact tab directly in the tool.

Alejandro

Good time tracker

Reviewed on 2021-10-27

Pros

I'm teamwork user and timebro helps me to upload times to this platform. The timeline helps me to track my time accordly.

Cons

I think the price is very expensive. I pay less for my teamwork license than for timebro. Teamwork gives me all the features needed to manage my project and with Timebro I only upload times to teamwork.

Response from timeBro

Hi Alejandro,

we really appreciate your feedback.

Of course you are right that timeBro costs more than project software. It is also understandable that you compare the two, because with both you can enter times for projects. But timeBro's actual task is to help you remember those times. For this, a very complex algorithm works for you every single second, which must be able to recognize, measure and display all program usage - without gaps.

A lot of developers work on it to keep it as powerful and silent as it is. We hope this explanation doesn't come across to you as self-righteous or know-it-all. We just want you to know that we would never over-price, it's just that there is a lot of work done for this tool to do its job autonomously in the background without interrupting your work. Much love from Germany - ze timeBros :)

Nicci

TimeBro saves time

Reviewed on 2021-08-18

Being able to see where time is being spent has enabled us to charge clients accordingly, manage our team's capacity more accurately and understand how long various tasks take. It's been life changing for our business.

Pros

We found that it had become challenging for some people within our agency to log their time due to the variety and complexity of their work. This system has enabled us to automate this aspect of their role and take away the stress and unknown nature of where their time is spent.

Cons

The system is extremely easy to use, implement and navigate. There's nothing I dislike about it.

Greta
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Really loving TimeBro

Reviewed on 2021-10-26

I have 6-10 clients - I change tasks all throughout the day - billing and tracking that time was getting impossible - this has helped so much!

Pros

No stopwatches/timers to click! Easy to use & accurate.

Cons

Would love to be able to invoice from within - still figuring out how to integrate with something else.

Response from timeBro

Hi Greta,

Thanks for leaving your feedback. We're happy to hear that you appreciate timeBro's automatic tracking.

If you wish to connect timeBro to a project software you can go to timebro.de/en/integrations to find your project software. The accounts then will be connected seamlessly and you can import projects and export times with just a few clicks.

If you are interested in a great integration for your invoices, the Freshbook integration, as well as the Fastbill integration could be the right fit for you. The connection makes it very easy to export your time entries to the software and bill your clients with accurate times.

If you have any further questions or wish to add an integration that isn't listed yet, feel free to contact us directly in the app.

Jenavicka

Easy to use and saves time

Reviewed on 2021-10-28

Timebro is flexible and user friendly which is ideal for time tracking. This has saved me time and increased efficiency. I wont be without it.

Pros

Timebro is easy to use, within 5 minutes of installing it I was using it and understood the features and navigation. This has helped me track both billable and non billable hours as a freelancer. I highly reccomend Timebro.

Cons

My only complaint is I once stopped the software from tracking by mistake. Perhaps you can add a pop up stating are you sure you want to turn time tracking off?

Response from timeBro

Hi Jenavicka,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it and are happy to hear that you find timeBro so easy to use and value our feature of automatic tracking down to the second.

Your remark regarding a pop-up to make sure whether or not you want to turn the tracking off is noted in our idea board.

Amy

Do you have the time Bro?

Reviewed on 2021-10-28

It works for what I need it to work as. But It is time consuming to go through and confirm what is being tracked.

Pros

I liked that it just runs in the background and has the comparison against calendars and what software or apps you are using.

Cons

I don't like that emails are lumped together. Since I jump from project to project when handling emails. So I have to make assumptions. I also do not like that it does not track time on your phone so that calls and other tasks can be managed appropriately including drive time. It just says "offline".

Response from timeBro

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it. Glad to hear that you like our automatic tracking.

Regarding your remarks: If you're looking for a solution for call tracking, maybe timeBro Premium could fit your needs. Currently Pascom, Sipgate.io & Fritz!BOX are supported call systems, but you can simply request an integration if you use a different call system.

As for the emails: if you want a more detailed overview, you could try and zoom-in to your timeline. Nevertheless, if you still have issues with the display of your emails, you can always contact our support team with a more detailed description at [email protected]

Addie

Makes life SO much e

Reviewed on 2021-10-29

Absolutely amazing app, lets me track time and not have to waste time implementing into Teamwork or other PM softwares

Pros

Incredibly easy to use, takes away so much headache trying to remember what hours and projects I worked don when, and very user friendly.

Cons

Would you all be able to integrate with Mavenlink?

Response from timeBro

Hi Addie,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Glad to hear that timeBro works as a good memory aid for you.

If you wish to connect a project software to timeBro, which isn't listed as integration yet, please write us in the contact tab directly in the tool. We connect any project software with an open API that allows it.

Sarah

Game Changer!

Reviewed on 2021-10-28

Pros

TimeBro fills the in the gaps with supplemental information and helps me to stay on top of my finances.

Cons

I don't love the name :) But the software itself is amazing.

Pascal

Zeiterfassung einfach gemacht

Reviewed on 2021-08-16

Mit timeBro habe ich die lästige Thematik der Zeiterfassung mit der Stoppuhr endlich loswerden können. Ich würde timeBro jederzeit weiter empfehlen. Insbesondere die Anbindung an MOCO, welches wir auch verwenden, ist genial einfach und erleichtert mir die Zeiterfassung sehr. Ideal wäre, wenn auch die Telefonate getrackt werden könnten, aber dies liegt wohl ausserhalb von timeBro's Spektrum.

Pros

Die automatische Erfassungen der Tätigkeiten ohne Stoppuhr finde ich sehr gut gelöst. Somit muss ich nicht immer an die Stoppuhr denken, sondern kann mich auf die Arbeit konzentrieren und erst nach getaner Arbeit die Zeiten erfassen. Da ich sehr viel zwischen verschiedenen Projekten hin und her wechseln muss, vereinfacht mir timeBro die Zeiterfassung enorm. Ich erfasse die Zeiten nach dem Arbeitstag und nicht zwischen durch und bin trotzdem sicher, dass ich alles korrekt erfasst habe und muss mich nicht selber daran erinnern.

Cons

Teilweise erkennt timeBro die Applikation nicht, welche gerade verwendet wird. Dies liegt aber meistens an der Applikation selber und kann vom timeBro nicht gross beeinflusst werden. Toll wäre auch, wenn timeBro die Browsertab Namen erkennen würde, dies würde es vereinfachen, herauszufinden, welcher der vielen Tabs gerade aktiv war.

Response from timeBro Translate to English

Hallo Pascal,

danke fur dein Review und Feedback :)
Die Sache mit den Browser-Tabs verwundet mich etwas. Eine Moglichkeit, die mir spontan einfallt ist, dass es evtl. an aktiven Extensions liegt, etwa Ad-blocker & Cookie-Extensions. V.a. bei Nutzern mit Firefox haben wir schon mitbekommen, dass Firefox-Tabs im Ur-Zustand sauber aufgezeichnet werden, nach Installation von In-App Extensions das Tracking jedoch nicht mehr sauber lief. Wir konnen hier noch nicht zu 100% den Finger auf die Wunde legen, sind aber dran auch hierfur eine Losung zu liefern. Sollten dir in Zukunft kleine storende Glitches auffallen, kontaktiere uns gerne jederzeit in timeBro uber den Kontakt-Reiter.

Beste Gru?e,
Benedikt

Daniel

für Mac-User unverzichtbar!

Reviewed on 2021-08-11

TimeBro ist absolut durchdacht... lässt sich leicht benutzen und senden keine unerwünschten Daten nach Außen.

Pros

Die Software ist absolut einfach zu bedienen. Jeder Arbeitsschritt lässt sich transparent und vollautomatisch protokollieren und in Verbindung mit Daylite kann ich endlich eine lückenlose Zeiterfassung für meine Projekte realisieren.

Cons

Schön wäre es, wenn alle Einträge automatisch in meinem privaten Kalender (egal ob iCloud oder Exchange) landen sodass ich diese zwischen mehreren Systemen synchron hätte. Somit könnte ich tagsüber beim Kunden mit dem MacBook arbeiten und Abends am iMac die Zeiten erfassen und dem Projekt zuordnen.

Response from timeBro Translate to English

Hi Daniel,

vielen Dank fur dein Feedback. Wir freuen uns, dass du die Bedienung von timeBro und die einfache Integration mit Daylite so schatzt.

Dein Vorschlag wird direkt ins Ideen-Board aufgenommen. Wenn dir weitere Anmerkungen einfallen, kannst du uns jederzeit gerne in timeBro uber den Kontakt-Tab Feedback geben.

Andreas
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

klasse und wirklich hilfreiches Tool

Reviewed on 2021-08-12

Ich nutze das Tool bereits längere Zeit und bin insgesamt sehr zufrieden. Insbesondere die Zuordnung meines täglichen Tätigkeiten zu Projekten und Verkaufschancen hat sich deutlich verbessert.

Pros

Ich nutze timeBro in Kombination mit Daylite. Damit habe ich die Möglichkeit, meine Tätigkeiten ganz einfach Projekte und Verkaufschancen zuzuordnen.

Ein großer Vorteil ist dabei, dass alle Tätigkeiten, die ich am Computer durchführe, automatisch aufgezeichnet werden und ich diese so nicht vergesse. Es reicht, am Ende eines Arbeitstages die Liste durchzuschauen und die Tätigkeiten in die Zeiterfassung zu übertragen.

Cons

Tätigkeiten können nicht ohne Projektzuordnung in die Zeiterfassung übernommen werden.

Response from timeBro Translate to English

Hi Andreas,

Danke fur dein Feedback. Schon, dass dir unsere automatische Zeiterfassung und die einfache Integration mit Daylite gut gefallt.

Deine Anmerkung zur Projektzuordnung nehmen wir zur Kenntnis, wir arbeiten stets an Verbesserungsmoglichkeiten. Hinterlasse jederzeit gerne dein Feedback uber den Kontakt-Tab direkt in timeBro.

ISabell

Endlich!

Reviewed on 2021-08-24

Top, auch der Support. Habe lange gesucht, bin endlich fündig geworden!

Pros

Zeiterfassung war mir - als visueller Mensch - immer ein absolutes Gräuel. Bis ich Timebro gefunden habe, genau das habe ich immer gesucht! Zeiterfassung über ein Kalender-Layout, so hat man direkt im Überblick ob man alle Zeiten erfasst hat. Das Tracking-Feature ist super und erleichtert einem v.a. bei vielen unterschiedlichen Projekten das Stunden eintragen ungemein! Ich habe Timenbro mit Moco verbunden und habe somit direkt alle Zeiten auf den Projekten eingetragen - DER HAMMER! :)

Cons

habe nichts zu beanstanden, ist jeden Cent wert!

Leonie

timeBro lohnt sich

Reviewed on 2021-08-19

Zeiterfassung einfacher gemacht - nun wird sie wirklich umgesetzt
Super wäre noch eine App, damit man von Unterwegs auch gleich Einträge verwalten kann, wenn man mal nicht am Computer ist.

Pros

Super Integrationsmöglichkeiten mit bestehender Software Moco. Tolles Zusammenspiel mit Projekten und Voreinstellungen
Ebenfalls ist die Integration mit dem Kalender super.

Cons

lange Kalkulationsdauer, wenn man mal was löscht - dann muss alles neu errechnet werden.

Response from timeBro Translate to English

Hi Leonie,

vielen Dank fur dein Feedback. Es freut uns sehr zu horen, dass du unsere Integrations-Moglichkeiten so schatzt.

Wir planen in naher Zukunft ein umfangreiches Update auf timeBro 4.0 zu veroffentlichen, welches die Kalkulationsdauer & Performance generell stark verbesser wird.