Rapid Recon

Web-based car reconditioning software for auto dealerships

4.7/5

Jordan

Rapid Recon Has Changed the Game

Reviewed on 2/4/2022

Excellent

Pros

Love that you can track vehicle progress throughout the entire reconditioning process, but ALSO allows multiple people involved in this process to also track that same progress without having to navigate through multiple sections. Ease of access is 10/10. Doing anything on this software is fairly easy whether you're computer savy or brand new to this stuff. You can track cost, time to lot, effectiveness, and even generate reports that allow you to make the reconditioning process more efficient.

Cons

There are truly no cons to this product.

Sonny

Reviewed on 5/13/2021

My overall experience with Rapid Recon has been great. I like how easy it is to use and track the status of your vehicles. This product has helped cut down on our time to the lot and it makes it easy to see where are cars are at all times since I deal with five dealerships. I really like being able to approve work on vehicles with the mobile application when I am off work. This product works like it’s suppose to when everyone uses it properly.

Pros

One of the main features I like is the mobile application that it allows me to check on the status of vehicles when I am off work. I like how easy it is to get service work approvals sent to my phone so I can approve the work and move cars from one status to another without having to actually go back in service. I am also impressed how you can leave notes for the service writers to see without having to stop what you are doing to go talk to them. It’s a great way to keep up with the status of your vehicles as the process moves from service to recon and to frontline ready. Overall I have enjoyed using this application since we switched to it .

Cons

I can’t really say anything negative about the application itself. The only issues I see sometimes is that sometimes people don’t put the status of the vehicle in the right category so you know where your unit stands in there process. That isn’t the application but human error.

Response from Rapid Recon

Thanks, Sonny for taking the time to provide feedback, it's much appreciated. Also, I'm going to have your account manager, Ali Ramstack reach out as it may be helpful for a quick training refresh with some of your team. Her contact info is below as well should you ever want to reach out. Thanks again!
Ali Ramstack
612.389.9160

kris

Redundant

Reviewed on 5/7/2021

would not recommend for service department

Pros

The graphs and charts that monitor each step are neat, but dont fully represent the process.

Cons

It is one of three software systems that the service department uses for tracking vehicles in the dealership. It is redundant and does not benefit the service department very much. It basically adds several extra steps to the processes that we are already using.

Response from Rapid Recon

Thank you so much Kris for your honest feedback about Rapid Recon. We value your experience and I've shared your comments with your account manager. Someone from our team will be reaching out in an effort to support you and ensure your experience with Rapid Recon is a positive one. I've included your account manager's info below, feel free to reach out anytime you need anything. Thanks again!
Tay-lyn O'Grady
775.788.1727

Willam

Very Helpfull

Reviewed on 5/11/2021

Very happy

Pros

It is the "Bible of Info" for our company and every car that we own. It's my first stop when looking for where a vehicle is

Cons

It could look a bit more sleek, but that is not a big deal at all

NAPA TRACS

Reasons for Switching to Rapid Recon

liked it better
Brandy
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Rapid Recon is a game changer

Reviewed on 5/6/2021

Overall everything has been great. It is easy to use. The mobile is another great feature for those constantly moving around.

Pros

I love being able to track all the vehicles in real time. To which status and/or department they are in to seeing how quick it moves through the recon process. Also seeing what jobs are completed and the dates helps with warranty issues.

Cons

Sometimes the software runs slow if too many people are using it and it takes a while to add jobs or move to another status.

Response from Rapid Recon

Thanks, Brandy for the thoughtful review. We're stoked the product is working so well for you. Also, I'll have your account manager, Stephany McLaughlin, look into the site speed and she'll be reaching out with any additional info she may need from you. Her contact info is below should you ever need it. Thanks again!

Michael
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Recon process improvement!

Reviewed on 5/6/2021

A++ This software revolutionized our recon process. The biggest benefit is instant communication between all departments including offsite vendors regarding the entire recon process from the day you take the car in to the day you sell it.

Pros

Easy to implement and easy for your team to learn and use.

Cons

Inability to manage and modify individual steps. Need your rep to do that.

Response from Rapid Recon

Thanks, Michael for taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is so helpful and I'll have your account manager, Stephany McLaughlin, reach out to get more details. Sounds like a great thing to get on our roadmap! Also, below is Stephany's contact info should you need to reach out anytime.

RITCHIE

• Customer Support Software

Rapid Recon Works as hard as you!

Reviewed on 5/14/2021

Rapid Recon is great

Support
Price
Ability to add / delete steps

Cons

Nothing really, everything work as it should

Thomas
  • Industry: Automotive

Rapid Recon helps make internet sales easier

Reviewed on 5/6/2021

I am not setting appointments on cars that are junk or wholesale. I am also using the tool to inform customers of value built into the cars through our service process.

Pros

I can see where cars are at if off-site or being worked on. I can see immediately when marked wholesale to set appts at the right time. With a couple of stores in our group it makes checking on the service and body work process simpler.

Cons

Sometimes it is challenging to Log in and it can be slow to learn (took months of use to really become familiar). No one provides any training its basically here's your login and hope you can use it type of experience.

Mike

Rapid Recon, Inventory Control

Reviewed on 5/6/2021

We scan each lot daily, helps our managers determine which location a specific piece of inventory is located, saves a lot of phone calls.

Pros

I love the ability to locate inventory, and know where each piece of inventory is in the reconditioning process. We share inventory over 5 lots. this a good product for our purposes

Cons

data updated with scans only. no real time tracking.

Response from Rapid Recon

Mike, thanks for the review, we do have some real time tracking options available through our partnership with MDD. There is an additional cost for their product, but it does integrate with Rapid Recon. It's really slick, it tracks the keys and the car. I'll have someone reach out to you with the details.

Linda

• Customer Support Software

Management removed my Rapid Recon access!

Reviewed on 5/6/2021

As a salesperson, I could assist a customer better because I knew what mechanical issues were repaired, why vehicle was NOT Certified, etc. It was extremely helpful to me to provide the best info to customers in making a purchase decision. Management then decided to REMOVE ALL ACCESS TO RAPID RECON FOR ALL SALES PERSONNEL so now, we are constantly running to managers to find out the status of a pre-owned vehicle.

Pros

Rapid Recon was so helpful to the sales people at the dealership! We could see where the vehicle was--such Detail, Smog, etc. and we could see what mechanical issues were repaired or declined by management.

Cons

nothing from my end--was very useful for me

Response from Rapid Recon

Thanks, Linda for your feedback on how useful Rapid Recon software is to sales personnel. Someone from our team will be reaching out to see if there's anything we can do on our help to help you out.

Sean
  • Industry: Automotive

Great product to streamline your pipeline

Reviewed on 5/12/2021

Overall I am very happy with what we receive for what we spend on the product. It could absolutely be refined and improved, but overall is does what its supposed to do.

Pros

The features I like most about Rapid Recon are the ability to customize and re-order "buckets" whenever needed and the ease of searching for inventory by Stock or VIN number. We have had many different iterations of our buckets and the team at Rapid are always ready and willing to do that for us, it would be nice if they made this function something the administrator could do though, then we could tweak and re-order our own buckets whenever needed without any delay.

Cons

The mobile app needs to be re-launched and signed in to multiple times throughout the day. The online browser also has moments where it simply freezes and requires a closing of the browser tab and a re-launch of the website. Not a terrible problem to have, but every second wasted in a day is an inefficiency that could be eliminated.

Ryan

• Customer Support Software

Track Progress, Identify Areas Of Opportunity, Execute Changes For Positive Results

Reviewed on 5/6/2021

Rapid Recon has been instrumental in our success with used vehicles. We can identify which steps within the reconditioning can take too long and address with our service team and vendors. Lots of information to analyze, will be extremely beneficial to your dealership.

Pros

This software is utilized by sales, service, and administrators. We track where the vehicle is within the reconditioning process, with ease.

Cons

I wish it could further integrate with our CRM (Tekion) - to approve/decline recommended service items.

Response from Rapid Recon

Thanks Ryan for highlighting areas of further integration for our software. I've passed your suggestion to you your account manager, Joe Baye, and he will be reaching out soon. I've also included Joe's contact info below should you ever need to reach out. Thanks again!
Joe Baye
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
303.529.0525

Tommy

User Experience

Reviewed on 5/6/2021

I am perfectly happy with Rapid Recon and it's mostly because of the ease of use for me.

Pros

I think the best part of Rapid Recon is that people who are new to the software will be able to figure it out in a short amount of time. The buttons and functions were placed in relatively common sense places and it does not take a long time to get accustomed to the software.

Cons

This is just the recon department perspective in a car dealership, but customizable buttons that cut down on repeated button clicking would be nice for work flow efficiency.

Response from Rapid Recon

Thanks, Tommy for the great product recommendation. I've shared this with our team here and hope we can make this happen in the near future!

Brian

Rapid Recon Review

Reviewed on 5/6/2021

Rapid recon is a great product with great customer support.

Pros

I really enjoy the step by step function of this process. It makes it very simple to see where every vehicle is in the process and to communicate with everyone involved.

Cons

The software reporting is not very customizable. We have multiple stores using the system and it is hard to delineate the ADR and that kind of thing for the different stores as it only shows the one store at the top of the page. It is also not necessarily a true average time as there are multiple steps that could change this window.

Response from Rapid Recon

Thanks for the review Brian, we'd like to hear more about what you would like to see in the reporting to help make it more customizable, Stephany McLaughlin (your account manager) would like to reach out to pick your brain and get your opinion on how we can make this even better. She'll be reaching out.

Nathan

Amazing Impact

Reviewed on 5/8/2021

Ive solved the location of vehicle problems, keeping updated on vehicle sales and where the progress of a car is going or doing and knowing exactly how long a particular car has been in inventory and making a different in finding the many vehicles that were very difficult to find.

Pros

I Honestly like the ease of access through the app itself scanning different VINS of the vehicles and find vehicles and knowing exactly where they are at in certain locations and where you can customize certain attributes of the car and knowing where to be guided in the app itself can be very useful!

Cons

I do not like that there are so many different sections for separate departments when it should all just be complied into one, to small categories instead of separate departments then multiple categories

David
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Fantastic Product

Reviewed on 5/12/2021

The ease of access to information that saves time. Things like dead batteries, cleaning process and the overview of a vehicle through the shop/service department.

Pros

Rapid Recon has simplified the process or "processing" inventory. My inventory management was simplified overnight with the addition of Rapid Recon. Once you get used to using the site it's smooth, informative and time effective. From our lot porters to the final and final delivery information information is readily available

Cons

Takes a little getting used just like any other site, but once you get used to using it it is smooth

Angelo

JM Lexus

Reviewed on 5/6/2021

Overall I am satisfied with the product.

Pros

I like the cycle time data and the detailed reporting. Integrating into this system was fairly simple and not that time consuming.

Cons

I have discussed some concerns with RR representatives. Most were resolved, others they are still working on and have not provided feedback as of yet.

Response from Rapid Recon

Thank you so much for your feedback, Angelo. I've reached out to your account manager, Stephany McLaughlin, to make sure your open items have been, or are being addressed. She'll be reaching out soon if you haven't heard from her already. Her contact info is below just in case you don't already have it.

Alex

A Few Bugs

Reviewed on 5/14/2021

It's pretty decent. It needs to be rolled out to our sales people better they are always asking questions about cars before looking in rapid but that is training on our end.

Pros

I like that the sub sections on the left of the home screen literally tellys you every step that you have at a dealership and the search functions allows you to search for vehicles in and out of workflow.

Cons

Sometimes if you do not click the + button when adding notes the notes disappear but that is kind of understandable we should be doing it the right way and not trying to skip a step.

Dennis

• Customer Support Software

Review is more positive than negative, system works great.

Reviewed on 5/18/2021

Our biggest benefit is making sure each vehicle reaches the lot the quickest way possible. It also helps every one know what repairs will be done to the vehicle and when it will be done. Saves alot of time for each person.

Pros

The system is great for watching all of our new and used vehicles go thru the process to be ready to sell. We never lose a vehicle in the system and everyone has access to follow the process. The software is very easy to use.

Cons

I do not like that it counts Sundays as a repair day, by adding that day it appears like it is in the shop longer

Kevin

• Customer Support Software

My dealership couldn't live without it!

Reviewed on 5/6/2021

Pros

I like that every department is held accountable. The reports are very helpful to assess the issues that we have in our reconditioning process. Customer support has always been very responsive and helpful. It's nice to talk to a real person. I don't enjoy talking to a chat bot or someone in a different country that doesn't understand the product.

Cons

Getting everyone on board to move everything around was difficult at first, but that would be the worst thing about any similar product as well.

JAY

Rapid Recon

Reviewed on 5/7/2021

Rapid recon has allowed the Management staff to know exactly what's being done to the vehicle and the costs involved.

Pros

it allows my whole team to know exactly which stage a vehicle is in.

Cons

Minor issue: When I look at a vehicle to find out status and want to look and the next vehicle, i will hit the search icon and type in the stk#. I'll do that to several vehicles and before I know it I will have 10 tabs open.
It's not hard to close but I've never had a situation where I needed to have several tabs open at the same time.

Darren

Great tool

Reviewed on 5/6/2021

Pros

The ease with which I can keep an eye on the inventory flow for our used vehicles. At busy times we have 30-40 vehicles in the various reconditioning stages and this app helps us keep track that nothing slips through the cracks.

Cons

There was an issue where Frontline vehicles would occasionally get bumped out of the active part of the app even though the vehicle was still in our inventory. However, it is possible that issue has been addressed as I have not noticed it of late.

Robert

Rapid Recon a Must Have for Your Dealership

Reviewed on 5/6/2021

Rapid Recon allows us as a company to communicate what is needed and where the vehicle is in the process of preparation for sale. It also allows us to share the money we have invested in the vehicle to the prospective owner building value in the vehicle and us as a place to do business

Pros

I love ability to communicate Rapidly between departments

Cons

It would be great to be able to have the technicians video their inspection along with or taking specific pictures of needed repairs to show a before and after to the future prospective owner

JAKE

BRIDGES THE COMMUNICATION GAP

Reviewed on 5/6/2021

It helps with accountability in the recon process

Pros

It helps everyone in the company know exactly who has the car and what step of the recon process it's in.

Cons

When we change location we have to log back in, and sometimes it doesn't change.

Response from Rapid Recon

Thanks for the review Jake, I've asked your account manager Firmino Toste to reach out to you about your concerns with the location change. You shouldn't have to log back in if you're logged into that store already, you would have to log in if you haven't logged into that store within the last three days.

jason

• Customer Support Software

Great addition to any used car operation

Reviewed on 5/13/2021

Speeds you recon process time and holds everyone accountable

Pros

Everything you need at a glance great product

Cons

Just getting used to the product takes some time

Response from Rapid Recon

Thanks so much Jason for taking the time to review Rapid Recon. I've shared your feedback with your account manager, Joe Baye. He'll be reaching out to see if any members of your team would like additional training support from Rapid Recon or if we can help in any way. Joe's contact info is below so feel free to reach out anytime. Thanks again!
Joe Baye