TimeClick

Employee time tracker and reporting tool.

4.7/5
4.5/5
4.7/5
Customer Support Software
4.8/5

Coty

• Customer Support Software

Perfect for small businesses!

Reviewed on 2019-09-12

Overall, TimeClick was a better alternative for us to switch to. It made switching easy, and managing and logging hours even easier for not just me, but our whole business!

Pros

TimeClick is wonderful for time logging and emplyee attendance. Ever since switching from QuickBooks, TimeClick has offered a better way for us to log our attendance and time on the clock in an easy manner. All of the employees have no issues with it and have said how easy it is to use!

Cons

There hasn't been anything that we have not liked about TimeClick. Everything has been smooth sailing!

Bill
  • Industry: Furniture

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2019-07-19

Overall it has been a great experience. We made the right choice in this purchase. Anytime we have had a small issue, tech support was great to work with.

Pros

The ease of use. The newest version makes every task so easy. The user interface is very well thought out. It is extremely user friendly. It has everything covered! TimeClick has really done an unbelievable job with this software! Very happy! Great software at a fair price!

Cons

I wish the software offered an app for our cell phones and interfaced with the cloud. This is the only extra feature it doesn't currently offer that we could really use. We need the ability for our employee s(truck drivers, repair techs, etc) to punch in and out when out on the road doing deliveries or service calls.

Geovani
  • Industry: Security & Investigations
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Best

Reviewed on 2022-08-23

Overall experience as been good so for nothing to complain about

Pros

This as been one a use a very hard it’s a very dependable app and very easy to use and time efficient

Cons

This app as not shown any thing I can report now the been issue free

Siu-Lin

TimeClick 2018

Reviewed on 2019-06-14

I like ability to look back at history, I do not know how many years are tracked?

Pros

Tracking employee history and that it allows for more than one position to be tracked per individual. For example: One day employee works as a receptionist, the next employee is in billing

Cons

When entering time for an individual, I have to hit enter for "in" and "out" instead of tabbling thru someone's time that I have to input. I'd like to put in a start time for individual. For example, they can't start earlier than 20 minutes before scheduled time. So if they check in earlier, the default will accommodate the time I put in, but that I can override when appropriate.

Jeralee

My Opinion

Reviewed on 2019-07-25

Very good! Ease of use for staff to clock in and out. Also for me as the administrator for fixing problems with staff clocking in and out and reports.

Pros

I like that it is internet based. We have very few problems with connection and performance.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of . Although I do need to utilize the system more for time off, vacation of employees etc.

Brian

• Customer Support Software

Great value, easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019-07-27

Great, cost effective way to tack employee's hours!

Pros

No monthly fees, very user friendly and intuitive, virtually no technical issues!

Cons

No real issues that I have run in to that have caused any headache. Post sale support might be a bit lacking, but I don't pay maintenance fees so I am happy with that.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to TimeClick

No monthly fees, so cost was in line for what the product actually does. Log hours, that is all I need.
Beth
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Exactly What We Need

Reviewed on 2019-06-06

We tested two time systems before testing this one. I am very pleased with the results and feel it works perfect for our needs.

Pros

This software offers a clock in system that monitors and controls early clock-ins, allows for auto-lunch deductions, and over time alerts. It saves money in the long run to track wasted labor and use the tools to control these cost and to see where waste is occurring. The ability to separate job codes ensures we have accountability where it belongs and makes payroll much easier.
The reports are user friendly and easy to print and read.
Lastly, I utilize the message system quite regularly. It also allows the administrator (in particular) to relay messages to individuals or groups in a timely manner.

Cons

If I had a recommendation, I would recommend the ability to see when messages are read and also the ability to auto-select a primary job for an individual.

Open Time Clock and TimeClock Plus

Reasons for Switching to TimeClick

Auto lunch deduction, Early clock in blocking, and affordability.
Sharon

Wonderful Product for the money

Reviewed on 2019-08-03

Very responsive customer support. Very easy and stable product. Great value for the price.

Pros

Easy to Use and very stable. Sales And installation support was very responsive.

Cons

A little challenging to install on a Terminal Server. Had to go through several levels of support. They got it working though so can’t complain!

James
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 2019-08-02

Pros

It was easy to use and navigate once it was installed

Cons

It did not travel well when we used it took Timeclick more than one try to set it up. It had to be installed on a computer and wasn't cloud based.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Choosing TimeClick

I was promised better integration and less cost

busybusy

Reasons for Switching to TimeClick

It felt like the right product at the time.
James

• Customer Support Software

Best time management for low cost.

Reviewed on 2022-07-30

Pros

easy and user friendly. Great USA support.

Cons

annual subscription, necessary for support.

Grant

Easiest, and Powerful, TimeClock Software out there

Reviewed on 2019-08-12

My employee times are now accurate! Way more accurate than before! And at a very low, one-time cost. Processing payroll is so quick with TimeClick's reports.

Pros

TimeClick is super easy to setup, is very intuitive, and understandable. It's quick to set up, too. It has a lot of custom features you can setup for complex time tracking situations, but works well with our basic time tracking situation, too.

Their customer service is AMAZING! Quick, on point, real people.

Cons

It doesn't work on MACs (yet). I wish the messaging feature could sync with my email so when an employee writes me I would know even if I'm not at work.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to TimeClick

Didn't need all the power of TSheets and didn't want to pay a monthly fee.
Brittany
  • Industry: Public Safety

Mostly Good

Reviewed on 2019-06-28

It's a good, sufficient clocking system, we've been happy with it. There are glitches from time to time, but we've felt happy with the value it adds to our company. And we always receive stellar customer service from rep whenever an issue needs to be resolved.

Pros

I love that it gives us the chance to do a little job costing. I think that will definitely add value to the company. I like the ease with which the Admin side of the clock works. It's pretty easy to navigate. (Although my employees do wish they could view their accruals through the clock as well.)

Additionally, I like that the mobile side of the clock allows you to clock in our out from anywhere, for our mobile employees.

Cons

I don't like that once you put in a request for time off, it automatically applies it. I allow my employees to make up their time off within the week, if they so choose, so I don't let them submit time off requests through the clock.

Also, sometimes you go to punch in or out and for some reason it seems like the system glitches and it won't let you. I have a few employees that complain about that occasionally.

Larry

IT Support Technician

Reviewed on 2018-08-23

I work as a third party IT support for a Dental office that uses the TimeClick software and they have not had any issues for the 3 years or so I have been supporting my client with the software. We manage the database created by TimeClick and updates and migrations have all gone smoothly. Each Time I've needed to call for support I am on the line with a person very quickly and technicians are knowledgeable and friendly. Updates and moving to new servers is quick and easy. Be aware that updates and migrations should be done during support hours as you need a registration code.

Chat support is a fast and easy way to get answers to upgrade and migration questions as well as emailing support directly at [email protected]

Pros

As part of a third party IT provider we do not personally utilize the software but updates and software setup is excellent. We did not have any issues moving from windows 7 workstations to windows 10 which is always helpful.

Cons

No cons from the IT perspective, no calls from users about issues with the software

Response from Hawkeye Technology

Hi Larry, we're glad to hear that working with your technical support team was a breeze. We always strive to make it easy on IT providers so that our mutual client can get up and running quickly.

Peggy

time click review

Reviewed on 2019-06-15

Had some minor bugs when first started using, but updates have fixed most of them.

Pros

I like that you can have one employee in more than one job type and payscale.

Cons

It does not tell me when someone has forgotten to clock out. i.e. Work 8-5...clock in at 8am forget to clock out and clock out when they come in at 8am the next day then clock right back in. Program doesn't flag obvious errors...i.e. more than 10 hours.

When one employee uses 2 different pay scales the totals don't always come out correct. i.e. time card will say reg hours total 44.84 then will say Instructor 15.53 and sales 23.37 which only adds up to 38.9 hours. I have to manually add them up almost every pay period so I don't cheat my employees. NOT time efficient. This happens almost every pay period for employees with split duties.

Jenni
  • Industry: Automotive

Automotive Shop

Reviewed on 2019-07-18

Absolutely have nothing but great things to say about the software. We have had to deal with customer support and that was easy and very helpful. It wasn't like other companies were you are talking to someone in a different country and can't understand them.

Pros

The ease of use is probably the biggest pro of this software. Even my older mechanics are able to navigate the system to get clocked in and out of with ease. Having access to multiple reports to print any time is also very helpful!

Cons

I wish the messaging system was a little more current, more of a messenger type platform rather then email. It would be nice to have a calendar options as well so I could track time off through that as well.

Lori

Works Well For Our Company

Reviewed on 2019-06-06

Overall, the software has improved since we first started using it a few years ago. It works good enough for our small company's needs.

Pros

I like that I can make adjustments easily and have the employees contact me through the software.

Cons

That it is not available for Administrative online access and that it doesn't send real emails to my email inbox. I cannot maintain accrued PTO hours for salaried employees.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to TimeClick

The PayChex Flex time management software was very expensive in comparison.
Apeksha
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

• Customer Support Software

Experience Better time tracking with "TimeClick"

Reviewed on 2019-10-10

We are now using Timeclick to record our employment movements. This system works better than Timetracker system.

Pros

Time click has a very simple user interface which allows people to understand the wizard easily. Further it is more suitable to mid size businesses such as ours since price for the system is comparatively low. System can enable the location settings also. Easily loading and provide options to track their on/off times and work durations for individuals. Employees are allowed to cover their shifts from their own comfortable locations.

Cons

System is not advanced and does not offer many options such as Timetracker does. But it is worth for small scale companies and groups.

Response from Hawkeye Technology

Thanks Apeksha!

Randall

Practice Manager

Reviewed on 2019-06-21

The overall experience with TimeClick is excellent. A small business like the Nephrology office I manage would not be able to afford to employ an HR payroll company or large scale program. This inexpensive program has excellent features and reporting that is needed for any small business.

Pros

This software is very intuitive and easy to learn. The layout of the program is easy to read and I can quickly and efficiently train my staff on how to work the program.

Cons

When a change is needed to an employee time card in the administration section it is not easily changed. You need to run the report to find the day and then exit from the report then enter into the section to make changes only to exit that area and run the report again. It would be nice if you could have the program hold the date frame that you are working on or have one section of buttons that allows you to move from the reporting to changes the time clock for an employee.

Kara
  • Industry: Legal Services

TimeClick is Easy!

Reviewed on 2014-08-22

Pros

There is nothing better about TimeClick than how easy it is to use. That is true whether you are a non-exempt staff member, clocking in and out every day, or if you are the office administrator, working in the administrative mode. Clocking in and out? Easy! Adding a new user? Easy! Fixing a user error? Also easy! The product is so user/administrator-friendly that it can't be overstated. It does not require much training; just give a user their password, and they are off to the races. It couldn't be simpler. Customer support is always very responsive and helps us address any issues that come up, and there are very rarely any technical issues. We have been using TimeClick for several years now, and it has been more than worth the small cost of the product to be able to accurately track the hours (and overtime) our employees work each week. When we first started using the product, we were worried how easy it would be and whether the staff would use it effectively. We needn't have worried; TimeClick makes it easy for employees to clock in and out, as well as check their own time to avoid going into overtime.

Cons

I wish the reports were easier to print and more readable. They are probably the worst thing about TimeClick, but they are acceptable. I can't think of anything else I dislike about it. It occasionally stops working properly and simply needs an update or to be reinstalled. Frankly, I don't know exactly what happens, but it always gets fixed quickly by a quick call to customer support. It seems like it might happen every 6 months to a year.

Carl
  • Industry: Chemicals

Time Click Review for Golden Refrigerant

Reviewed on 2019-06-06

Allows employees to remotely punch in and punch out without additional investment in hardware, easy to use and reduces time preparing payroll.

Pros

easy to use, runs on PC's, stable program

Cons

Huge missing feature!! you should be able to name each computer timeclick is installed on such as "production department" or " shipping department" then you should be able restrict employees so they can only punch in or out on a specific department's computer. My employees will leave their work area early and wander to the other end of the shop which is next to the parking lot entrance and punch out. Conversely, they will punch in as soon as they enter the building but might not make it to their work area for another 15 or 20 minutes (no hurry as they are already clocked in). I will switch to another program if I find one that provides this control. I would stay with you loyally if you could add it.

JAMIE

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2019-06-06

We lost our previous time clock software all of the sudden and had to come up with a quick solutions. After researching via the internet we found TimeClick and have been happy with the results. We can have it in different locations throughout the business and let managers keep track of their employees better.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the reports we can create. Employees have no problem picking up clocking in and out and it's easy to fix the errors they make. The online chat is perfect. If it's something we can't figure out (I'm not too technologically versed), they don't mind calling us or logging in to help with setup.

Cons

I wish it would not round at all, if so chosen. The tutorials are good, but we usually end up having to do online chats when we do encounter problems. Whomever is doing them assumes we are a little smarter than we actually are, lol. Sometimes I wish we could customize the reports for certain situations. We have not interfaced with QuickBooks yet, but that's our fault. Will let you know how that goes.

Richard

• Customer Support Software

The easiest way to track your daily work hours!

Reviewed on 2019-08-04

It has defiantly increased our income because its was not a guess as to how much time we were at our customer site it is the exact time we spent at our customers site.

Pros

I love the fact that it works on a cell phone, tablet or ipad. I use it the most on my cell phone. This is the most accurate way to keep track of your time spent at your customers site. It has increased my weekly income because now I have more accurate times that I am spending at each account. When I arrive I click "Start" then after I have completed the job I click "Stop" showing me the exact hours and minutes I was on that call. If there is ever any question I have it right there on my cell phone. You can track your weekly hours and income right within the app.

Cons

None, We are very pleased with what this product offers for our needs.

RICHARD

EXCELLENT FOR SMALL BUSINESS

Reviewed on 2019-08-09

Overall its very easy to use. I like the newly added feature if an employee forgot to close in or out. The create a message to the administrator to approve the correction. This save time for the administrator.

Pros

Great customer support! The immediately respond if you have an issue.
I forgot my password a couple of times and had to transfer the app to a new computer.
Their technicians are very pleasant and knowledgeable. They immediately provided a quick solution.
The app is very intuitive to use and report. I have been using for 6 years and plan continue using it.

Cons

The only con I had has been addressed with the latest software version. It had to due with how break time and total work time was reported. No other problems.

Erin
  • Industry: Law Practice

A great product, sometimes users have a little trouble with double clockins

Reviewed on 2019-06-14

Overall, its a good product for the price and we will continue to use it into the future.

Pros

Timeclick is user friendly, affordable and easy to use. I think the reporting function works really well and the upgraded version does a nice job of alerting me of errors before I print out the reports.

Cons

The only complaint I have ist hat on occasion my users end up with double clock-ins (or outs) and I have to go in and fix their entries. With several users it does become time consuming. Since I do not clock-in, I cannot speak to the issue, but I know that the way it is reported to me is that "I clocked in once and it entered it twice out of the blue". Perhaps it is user related, but it would be nice if there was a way for them to remedy this themselves without having to get the administrator involved.

Meagan
  • Industry: Wholesale

TimeClick

Reviewed on 2019-08-29

Our overall experience with TimeClick has been great. It helps us be much more accurate when reports our employee's hours. The customer service is very helpful and easy to reach if there are any issues.

Pros

TimeClick is a user-friendly program that helped our company start tracking the hours of our employees. I don't know what we did before we used TimeClick! We were not only able to track employees hours, but we were also able to set vacation, PTO, and sick time. Running reports is easy, so you can get he results at your fingertips. The price is very reasonable too!

Cons

The product can be on multiple computers but must be on one network. Our remote employees are not able to utilize the software.