PlanHub

Pre-construction software with file sharing & bid management

4.2/5
4.0/5
4.3/5
Customer Support Software
4.3/5

BRANNON

GREAT RESOURCE

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

We benefit a lot by making sure we are sending our proposals to all of the GC's that are bidding the specific job. We get direct ITB's from most of our customers, but it's always valuable to see "who else" is bidding the job so that we maximize our opportunity of winning the project.

Pros

I get to search for specific commercial jobs that our company is specifically interested in. With the filters you can apply, we get to avoid any potential jobs that we are not interested in doing, including in the geographic areas we specifically work.

Cons

When you are using the search function; unless you specifically type in the title of the project the way it was entered on the other end, you will not be able to find that project. For example, if you are interested in looking for a specific T-Mobile project. If you search Tmobile without the hyphen, the project will not show up. And vice versa; if the human being uploaded that T-mobile in the system and they did or didn't use the hyphen. Depending on how you search it, you won't find it. If you mispell a project, it will simply say it doesn't exist. So there needs to be an improvement to the software such that any version of the spelling you type in will show up.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the great feedback and thank you for using PlanHub. The ability to search for projects by name is a little tricky if not spelled exactly as the project is posted. We deal with the same issue internally. Fortunately we are currently working on PlanHub 2.0 which will have an improved search feature similar to how Google's search works. Even if you spell a name incorrectly it should generate close matches. PlanHub 2.0 is scheduled to be release before the end of 2019.

Joseph

Thanks To PlanHub

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

Pros

I really like the user friendly aspect of it, great customer support team, happy customer have used them for years.

Cons

They dont have a on-screen take-off module with it

SmartBid

BuildingConnected

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! Planhub has partnered with STACK to provide you with benefits from streamlined plan viewing to lightning fast takeoffs.

Ty

Bidding or not bidding

Reviewed on 8/15/2019

I'd like to see a change

Pros

Possible new contractors - GC leeds to bid to

Cons

I'm tired of getting so many email about the same projects- updates- addendums - ect.. But we as a user must reply bidding or not bidding. Toi the GC firm give us the time of day to respond back if we are the awarded contractor. If our bid is competitive to get the quote work.. Even if they don't get the bid. They could use this software to let us know. Therefore PlanHub.. Give us..the people who pay for this service, the ability to block your email listing for a GC- job types- ect . It should be our chice , not an email blast from your firm for coverage

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We understand completely your frustration when it comes to getting answers on your bids. We are currently developing a feedback tool to help you further track the status of your bid and prompt better responsiveness from the GCs. We have several new features coming with Planhub 2.0, including the ability to block GCs and more ways to filter out jobs by type. Planhub 2.0 is releasing early 2020.

Chester
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Plan Hub Review

Reviewed on 9/17/2021

Has been great and very useful

Pros

Leads come directly into your mailbox. List of bidding GC’s with contract information

Cons

Too many emails such as remembering to submit your bid

Deltek Vision

Reasons for Switching to PlanHub

I use them all

Response from PlanHub

Hi Chester,
It's great to hear you're enjoying your PlanHub experience. We are always trying to improve our communication at PlanHub, so your feedback regarding emails is appreciated. If there are any questions or concerns you encounter, please reach out to our support team at [email protected] Thank you for choosing PlanHub!

John

My toughtys on Plan Hub

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

Thanks to Plan Hubs I get as many leads as i can chase down and they are quality Leads, My revenue has Tripled and my client list has grown ten fold

Pros

Delivers quality Leads Tailored to my Area of Operation

Cons

Search Function, trying to find jobs that you know are in there but you dont have the name right

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thank you for using PlanHub. The ability to search for projects by name is a little tricky if not spelled exactly as the project is posted. We deal with the same issue internally. Fortunately we are currently working on PlanHub 2.0 which will have an improved search feature similar to how Google's search works. Even if you spell a name incorrectly it should generate close matches. We expect to roll out PlanHub 2.0 before the end of 2019.

Lyndsey

Great for New Contacts

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

So far so good. I have enjoyed using the site and plan on continuing to do so.

Pros

I like how readily available new jobs and contacts are we have had more exposure since using, the ease of use, and placing a bid can be done through the site. I like being able to contact general contractors and ask questions through the site. My favorite aspect is that it will show other GCs on the project even if you didn't receive the invitation from them that way I can bid to more than one company on a job. I also like the cost of this site is very economical compared to other sites that can be pricey and offer the same information.

Cons

My least favorite parts are how the drawings are listed on the site sometimes in single mixed up pages, even though that may be how they were loaded and not the actual sites issue. I also don't like how the bidding format is set up. We customize bids per contractor just as far as the company name so I have to load and send bids one at a time instead of in a group, but I do like that I can send them through the site.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

mike

Plan Hub review

Reviewed on 8/15/2019

I feel that plan hub is a great tool for us to use as a company and the overall usability is great.

Pros

I like the fact that we get emails stating that a job has been added. I also feel that the ability to review all of the documents is great. It is easy to use and I am able to share the info with others on my team.

Cons

I do not like the fact that it does not list all of the contractors that are quoting the job. We have quoted many of the projects and have only secured a couple due to the fact that we quoted it to the wrong contractor.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for this excellent review, Mike! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, and we'll make sure to incorporate it into our services. Cheers!

Doug

Plan Hub Review

Reviewed on 8/15/2019

No issues with Plan Hub, we do get alot of Plan Hub Updates on projects. Not an issues but maybe there is a way to just send the updates to the folks that are bidding or have downloaded the plans.

Pros

Ease of use, very user friendly. Contains almost all the project details you would need to know.

Cons

Not much negative to say at this point, its a good system, just when you bid you are not sure how many others you are up against for the project.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Kirsten

• Customer Support Software

We use this everyday, and it's a great way to get the info we need!

Reviewed on 4/29/2022

Pros

What I love most about this software is that it's very user-friendly, and we can get our bid invites from General Contractors right when they send them out.

Cons

I don't have anything I don't like about this software. It's great and easy to use.

Response from PlanHub

Hi Kirsten!
We are so happy to hear that you're enjoying PlanHub. If there are any questions or concerns that may arise, please reach out to [email protected] Thank you!

Lebohang
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Best experience

Reviewed on 5/23/2022

It helps me analyze costs and the decision on how much should I charge the customer/client.

Pros

cost Database is easy to use and has integrated into my business so easily.

Cons

Nothing.

Response from PlanHub

Hi Lebohang!
We are so happy to hear you're enjoying PlanHub. Please reach out to [email protected] with any questions you have. Thank you!

James

Best Construction Bidding Software

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

We use this daily to download construction documents for HVAC pricing and to bid project to GC's listed.

Pros

Ease of use. Also most of the GC's we work with use this system. Very user friendly.

Cons

Ability to find listed projects. If the exact name of the project is not entered, the system won't find it.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thank you for using PlanHub. The ability to search for projects by name is a little tricky if not spelled exactly as the project is posted. We deal with the same issue internally. Fortunately we are currently working on PlanHub 2.0 which will have an improved search feature similar to how Google's search works. Even if you spell a name incorrectly it should generate close matches. We have a target release date for 2.0 during the 4th quarter of this year.

Vincent
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

• Customer Support Software

Great platform for bidding projects!

Reviewed on 8/30/2019

With this platform we can get our proposal out in a timely manner. It’s great to have a platform that has everything linked together. Easy of use just makes bidding a joy.

Pros

I love the ease of use with this platform. It’s very self-explanatory. I get a bulk of my leads from the emails. that come out. There is nothing better than be able to use a platform and everything works. The downloads work flawlessly. All the main information for the contractors is easy to access.

Cons

There is only one thing I don't like. It may be on the upgraded accounts. I would like to see the contractor email address above the telephone number for the contractor.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Diane

Review on Planhub

Reviewed on 8/30/2019

I was having trouble finding subcontractors and I have found so many new subs on planhub. Planhub has made my bidding part of my job so much easier! I have never had any problems with planhub, they have come a long ways since I first started using them.

Pros

I have used Plan Hub for many years. I use several different Planrooms and software and Planhub is the best. They have a large Subcontractor base which is needed for out of town jobs. Every job I bid goes one planhub.

Cons

I wish I could message the subs from my original email address.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Daylen

Plan Hub Experience

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

The plan hub plateform is easy to use. The difficulty is the users and how they setup their projects.

Pros

This project is simple to use and easy to navigate to your project.

Cons

The way project files are listed in projects make looking through documents difficult. Files are not organized alphabetically or numerically. You can also get download issues on documents.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the feedback and thank you for using PlanHub. We understand the frustration with files not being organized. 95% of the projects posted on PlanHub are posted by the GC themselves and they are sent out exactly as they are loaded. We are currently working on new updates to Planhub which will include an improved file organizer that will allow GCs to better categorize their files. In addition, we will also be introducing an on screen OCR reader that will allow you to search files using specific keywords, improving your estimating process. These updates are scheduled to be released early 2020.

Kim

Great Program

Reviewed on 9/14/2021

Pros

The ease of publishing projects out to bid to tons of subcontractors across the country.

Cons

Not being able to add email addresses to company profiles

Response from PlanHub

Hi Kim,
It's great to hear you're enjoying your PlanHub experience. However, please reach out to our support team at [email protected] so we can offer a better resolution to your profile concerns. We are always trying to improve the user experience so we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing PlanHub!

Jose

• Customer Support Software

Great platform to connect with quality GC's

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

Pros

Simple, straight to the point, so far I h ave made at least 2 long term connections with GC's who feed us work.

Cons

Get emails for jobs we have no scope on, could be just an invite mistake?

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Michael

Reviewed on 9/17/2021

Less time required to seek work, it comes to you.

Pros

Easy process, important and accurate information.

Cons

Several invites that do not apply to us.

Response from PlanHub

Hi Michael,
It's great to hear you're enjoying your PlanHub experience and we appreciate your feedback regarding bid invitations. If there are any questions or concerns you encounter, please reach out to our support team at [email protected] Thank you for choosing PlanHub!

Brandon

Estimating

Good experience overall

Pros

Get bid invites and we can easily send bids through plan hub

Cons

I have no negative reviews on this software.

Response from PlanHub

Hi Brandon,
It's great to hear you're enjoying your PlanHub experience. If there are any questions or concerns you encounter, please reach out to our support team at [email protected] Thank you for choosing PlanHub!

Adam

Review of Product Software

Reviewed on 9/6/2021

Excellent, love this software for successful estimating and project bid submission!

Pros

The organization of the platform features and quick access to plans and specs makes using the software easy and enjoyable. Most of our GC's are utilizing PlanHub for their projects and invitations to bid are guiding us to us PlanHub.

Cons

There are no items we don't like our feel have been left out that we wish were included. All the standard features are mission critical for us to complete estimates and submit our bids on a timely basis.

Response from PlanHub

Thank you for the review, Adam! Your feedback means a lot to us and we're glad you've had such a positive experience with PlanHub!

Jeff

• Customer Support Software

Great but with some draw backs

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

We are happy with the frequency in the ITBs and the quality of the projects.

Pros

Access to a wide network of GCs and access to opportunities to bid projects.

Cons

We don't always get the ITBs in enough time to provide a quality bid. So i am having to pass up lots of opportunities because of the small window of time. Its frustrating because lots of the ITBs are easy bids that we feel we could win if there was more time given.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Derrick

I Love PlanHub

Reviewed on 8/15/2019

This helps in area they are more remote especially.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and has helped me tremedously when it comes to locating new and qualified contractors to help us with are many construction projects. I highly recommend it and will continue to use PlanHub going forward.

Cons

I wish it showed me which contractors were planning to bid and which ones have declined.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Cindy

Why I love PlanHub!

Reviewed on 9/9/2021

Planhub has been a very helpful tool in obtaining the bids that I need to put together our estimate as a General Contractor.

Pros

The ease of getting bid invites out to all the trades needed.

Cons

I would like to be able to download the list of subcontractors that have received my bid invite in an excel spreadsheet. Other than that I cannot think of anything else that I don't like.

Response from PlanHub

Hi Cindy,
We are always trying to improve the user experience so we appreciate your feedback. It's great to hear you're enjoying PlanHub, and please reach out to us at [email protected] so we can offer a resolution to your concern about downloading information. Thank you for choosing PlanHub!

Kevin

PlanHub is very effective and easy to use

Reviewed on 8/15/2019

Overall, using PlanHub has been a great experience. We can do everything from takeoff to invoicing, as well as track and update all of our projects using this program.

Pros

The take off capabilities for drawings and floorplans and the ease of use were huge benefits.

Cons

The versatility and flexibility of the proposals and PO's were limited and not as adjustable as I would like

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

harold

Great Way to Meet New Clients and Acheive New Jobs

Reviewed on 8/16/2019

Great experience is all I can say.

Pros

This software is great I have had great success with it, I have meet many new General Contractors and I have been awarded several jobs using this software, I would recommend it to anyone in the construction field.

Cons

I can't think of anything that is an con.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Kyle
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Big Upgrade From Other Similar Services

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

It has been great. I like that we were able to customize our geographic locations for all our branch offices.

Pros

Plan Hub is really user friendly. The interface is clear and uncluttered.

Cons

It would be nice if the projects would automatically be separated by area to make it easier on our sales staff in other cities.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the great feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!