PlanHub

Write a Review!
Pre-construction software with file sharing & bid management

4.1/5

WAYY better than Building Connected or Constructed Connect

Reviewed on 2023-08-19

Customer service is great. This is a well established company

Customer service is great. This is a well established company

Pros

Projects are sent to me by actual general contractors. Real projects . Won my first 7 figure job the 2nd month of bidding on planHub. The service only costs me $1700 per year for my entire company to use. Pays for itself

Cons

I just need more estimators to fully utilize all of the software that planHub has to offer

Tammy

Planhub Review

Reviewed on 2019-08-08

I save time. In my industry time is a huge factor. I can create a new project in your system in less than 5 minutes. If ever I have a question or issue I call the customer service rep and she walks me through. I appreciate the amount of subs that use it and sends me quotes through the site.

Pros

The easy steps of inputting a job
How quickly I can find subs
How my representative is always available to help if/when I need her

Cons

Only one thing I wish you could provide that is a report of subcontractors for my area with email addresses

ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Reasons for Choosing PlanHub

Time and money

Time and money

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Nick

Thoughts on Plan Hub

Reviewed on 2019-08-08

In theory this should benefit my business because it presents a pool of potential clients to engage with and try to build relationships with. It seems however, that based on the wide-spread access to these opps the GC's may be getting inundated with quotes to the point where they feel less to no urgency to respond in most instances. It's a good service with a good concept, and the price is great considering my whole team uses it across the country. Ultimately, it just may not align with what we need to focus our efforts on.

Pros

I like that it opened up more opportunities for me to have visibility to that I may not have seen otherwise. It's nice to have another resource to try and identify and pursue biddable projects through.

Cons

It can be tricky to find a project I viewed previously sometimes. It is also a bit awkward to access projects the way it is currently configured. Once your in the opportunity its laid out well.

I've noticed a very low close rate from projects that I've identified on this service. It is also hard to get any type of response from the GC's asking for quotes. Maybe my type of business just isn't aligned properly in regards to what we are targeting: Large Multi-Family and other big scale commercial projects.

Response from PlanHub

Dear Nick, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience didn't match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we'll do better.

Celso

Easy-to-use-interface

Reviewed on 2019-08-23

Overall, I find it easier to use than the competitor, Blue Book. It's more responsive, clean, and less clunky. The simplicity in the design is definitely a winning feature.

Pros

The greatest thing about this software is the ease of use. Any person is able to easily figure out the basic workings of plan hub within a day or so of playing around with it.

Cons

The main con is that when a separate email is sent to us with the message content from plan hub, sometimes it can be very difficult, and in a few instances impossible to figure out which project the message is coming from. The email contains a link, but for an unknown reason, at times when I click the link plan hub does not take me directly to the message thread, but only directs me to the dashboard of projects. For someone like us, who review upwards of 20 projects a day, it becomes impossible to go back to every project and message to try to link it to the correct one. Messaging definitely needs improvement!

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We have a new version of Planhub coming out in the near future that will include a new messaging system and many more features.

Tina

Great venue to advertise a project.

Reviewed on 2019-08-15

Pros

Great way to advertise a project. Has the ability to reach all Divisions if needed.

Cons

1. Not able to download report for future projects or to notify specific trades of revised plans or issues, nor copy to excel spreadsheet for maintaining for project bidding purposes on who has been notified (this needs to be searchable and able to sort by division)
2. Need to be able to notify specific Divisions of any push dates or bids still needed, etc., instead of sending out to everyone.
3. Bid Documents need a better system for uploading and labeling.(need to be more specific) ability to have some labeled "photos", "Required Paperwork", "Revised Plans", instead of all being lumped together in one section.
4.Need to be able to mark ALL plans specifically- Rev. 1, Rev 2, new updated plans, etc. and not have to click EACH file.
5. Even though it lists email within project, I do not always receive bids submitted straight thru Plan Hub. Bids should also be sent directly to email and most subs end up calling to get the email- stating it was not listed on their end.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We have a new version of Planhub coming out in the near future that will include more features and be more user friendly.

Doug

• Customer Support Software

I have only used for a couple weeks, so I really give an honest review

Reviewed on 2019-08-12

Pros

A lot of leads, but really can’t say at this point because I have only used for a short time

Cons

Can’t say at this point because I have only used for a short time.

Response from PlanHub

Hello Doug, we are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community!

Al
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

PlanHub Review

Reviewed on 2019-08-08

Overall experience has been good.
The main thing I like about PlanHub is that I get access to all...

Overall experience has been good.
The main thing I like about PlanHub is that I get access to all bidding GC's on record.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the info provided the most.

Cons

The mobile version of it needs improvement.
In the past, I couldn't upload bids at all using my phone.
Some changes were made and I can submit bids now from my phone...but, the layout is still scrambled a bit when using a phone.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We agree with you regarding the mobile version and we are working hard to improve it. Currently we are developing PlanHub 2.0 which in addition to new improved features, it will be completely mobile responsive. The new version should be rolled out before the end of 2019 and like yourself we are anxiously awaiting its release.

Chester
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Plan Hub Review

Reviewed on 2021-09-17

Has been great and very useful

Has been great and very useful

Pros

Leads come directly into your mailbox. List of bidding GC’s with contract information

Cons

Too many emails such as remembering to submit your bid

Deltek Vision

I use them all

Response from PlanHub

Hi Chester,
It's great to hear you're enjoying your PlanHub experience. We are always trying to improve our communication at PlanHub, so your feedback regarding emails is appreciated. If there are any questions or concerns you encounter, please reach out to our support team at [email protected]. Thank you for choosing PlanHub!

James

Best Construction Bidding Software

Reviewed on 2019-08-08

We use this daily to download construction documents for HVAC pricing and to bid project to GC's listed.

Pros

Ease of use. Also most of the GC's we work with use this system. Very user friendly.

Cons

Ability to find listed projects. If the exact name of the project is not entered, the system won't find it.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thank you for using PlanHub. The ability to search for projects by name is a little tricky if not spelled exactly as the project is posted. We deal with the same issue internally. Fortunately we are currently working on PlanHub 2.0 which will have an improved search feature similar to how Google's search works. Even if you spell a name incorrectly it should generate close matches. We have a target release date for 2.0 during the 4th quarter of this year.

John

My toughtys on Plan Hub

Reviewed on 2019-08-08

Thanks to Plan Hubs I get as many leads as i can chase down and they are quality Leads, My revenue has Tripled and my client list has grown ten fold

Pros

Delivers quality Leads Tailored to my Area of Operation

Cons

Search Function, trying to find jobs that you know are in there but you dont have the name right

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thank you for using PlanHub. The ability to search for projects by name is a little tricky if not spelled exactly as the project is posted. We deal with the same issue internally. Fortunately we are currently working on PlanHub 2.0 which will have an improved search feature similar to how Google's search works. Even if you spell a name incorrectly it should generate close matches. We expect to roll out PlanHub 2.0 before the end of 2019.

Andrew

Review for Planhub

Reviewed on 2023-11-08

I was not happy, I couldn't land one job, all concrete jobs seemed very small, and most GC contractors had already won the job but shopping the project all over again and again and after a while seemed like they were not serious or professional at all.

Pros

Easy to use somewhat, but had a variety of project per region

Cons

Didn't have the project types I was looking for.

Owen T.

Not Satisfied

Reviewed on 2019-08-08

I am not real please with the product I am paying for. Strongly considering dropping this product.

Pros

availability of plans and contact availability of prospective GC's

Cons

Everything I try to do has a 3 to 6 second delay every time I click my mouse. I didn't have that problem before PlanHub bought it from my previous provider. I used to get updates daily as to who(GC) was awarded the project. I no longer receive that information. I have other things I don't like about it either, but It would take to long to discuss.

Response from PlanHub

We always aim to deliver a great experience. We are gutted when we miss the mark! Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Andrew
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

PlanHub Review

Reviewed on 2019-08-23

We are bidding three times as many jobs as we were before using PlanHub. It is so simple to navigate and download the correct documents.

Pros

-Easy to use
-Easy to download documents
-Not as expensive as other bid software
-Visually appealing

Cons

-Sometimes the documents are out of order or not labeled a way that is easy to read
-Not all GCs are listed

BuildingConnected

Cheaper

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We are currently working on PlanHub 2.0 which will have an improved file organizer that will allow GCs to better categorize their files. PlanHub 2.0 is scheduled to be released early 2020.

Kurtis

A Great Portal to Expand Our Reach

Reviewed on 2019-08-08

Overall it's been very good. It took a little bit of time to refine our criteria for the best opportunities, but since then it's been an invaluable resource.

Pros

The ability to communicate and get access to others within our area that we weren't otherwise aware of. Plus the ease of use make it simple for all to use.

Cons

When using on a mobile device it is not user friendly.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We agree with you regarding the mobile version and we are working hard to improve it. Currently we are developing PlanHub 2.0 which in addition to new features, it will be completely mobile responsive. The new version should be rolled out early 2020 and we are anxiously awaiting its release.

Diane

Review on Planhub

Reviewed on 2019-08-30

I was having trouble finding subcontractors and I have found so many new subs on planhub. Planhub has made my bidding part of my job so much easier! I have never had any problems with planhub, they have come a long ways since I first started using them.

Pros

I have used Plan Hub for many years. I use several different Planrooms and software and Planhub is the best. They have a large Subcontractor base which is needed for out of town jobs. Every job I bid goes one planhub.

Cons

I wish I could message the subs from my original email address.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Michael
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

What Can PlanHub Do Better

Reviewed on 2019-08-08

Pros

I like the way you get the updates so fast.
The information is very complete.

Cons

I get so many emails from so many different companies for the same project instead of have the all on the same one email. Now this doesn't happen all the time but, it sure makes it difficult when you have to go back and search all your emails to submit the bids.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We have a new version of PlanHub coming out in the near future that will include more features and be more user friendly.

Greg

Plan Hub review

Reviewed on 2021-09-14

We use the free version so limited access to program and basic tools are all I have to go on.

Pros

Able to get invitations out to a broad range of bidders

Cons

The ability to see who is bidding, reviewed project is very tedious to locate.

Response from PlanHub

Hi Greg,
We are happy to hear you're enjoying your PlanHub experience. However, please reach out to our support team at [email protected] so we can offer a better resolution to your concern. We are always trying to improve the user experience so we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing PlanHub!

Allan

Plan Hub as part of over all strategy

Reviewed on 2019-08-08

Average-need to use multiple sites and strategies to filter out the best quality leads and use of time for your own team

Pros

If you can manage the filters it does provide opportunities.Each company must decide what keeps it in thier lane

Cons

constant reminders from GC asking for bids.Have to spend too much time weeding stuff out.When GC posts maybe they should be asked how many quotes they look for and kind of check

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Daniel

Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2019-08-08

Overall I am pleased with PlanHub. It has given me more GC's to bid on several jobs and that means I am reach a bigger client base.

Pros

I like everything about PlanHub. The search process is easy which means that I get more quotes to the GC's and this means I can bid more jobs.

Cons

The only thing that I do not like is the fact that you do not show the GC's address on site. In my quote process we add the GC's address to the quote and this means that I have to go looking for the address on the web or through previous quotes.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Kirsten

• Customer Support Software

We use this everyday, and it's a great way to get the info we need!

Reviewed on 2022-04-29

Pros

What I love most about this software is that it's very user-friendly, and we can get our bid invites from General Contractors right when they send them out.

Cons

I don't have anything I don't like about this software. It's great and easy to use.

Response from PlanHub

Hi Kirsten!
We are so happy to hear that you're enjoying PlanHub. If there are any questions or concerns that may arise, please reach out to [email protected]. Thank you!

Ray

• Customer Support Software

Why pay this service when there are others that are free

Reviewed on 2022-11-04

Not good

Not good

Pros

Contractors Network makes it easy to receive invites

Cons

The fact they don’t allow you to download drawings even when you are invited by a GC, price is way to expensive we get many invites daily tru other services where we are not even a member and are allowed to download without any problem.This people is just greety.

Emmanuel
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

PlanHub

I have a very good experience

I have a very good experience

Pros

It’s very friendly to use never have any problem with using it

Cons

It’s the fact that the plan goes to too many contractors

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Sharday

The use of the Account

Reviewed on 2019-08-08

I am able to see a lot of potential Projects in my City.

I am able to see a lot of potential Projects in my City.

Pros

It definitely gives you projects that are close in proximity. The details of the project are super descriptive. The updates on new projects are done daily.

Cons

The projects are put on the website really close to the closing bid date. It is not really effective if I have 3-5 days to bid on a project that is fit for me.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the awesome review, Sharday! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we'll make sure to incorporate it into our services. Cheers!

Brandon

Estimating

Reviewed on 2021-09-17

Good experience overall

Good experience overall

Pros

Get bid invites and we can easily send bids through plan hub

Cons

I have no negative reviews on this software.

Response from PlanHub

Hi Brandon,
It's great to hear you're enjoying your PlanHub experience. If there are any questions or concerns you encounter, please reach out to our support team at [email protected]. Thank you for choosing PlanHub!

Joseph

Senior Estimator

Reviewed on 2021-09-09

Pros

User friendly, cost is a value. Very easy to navigate

Cons

Subcontractor base is weak...not sure is members have to pay

Response from PlanHub

Hi Joseph,
We are always looking for ways to improve the user experience on PlanHub and we appreciate your feedback. Please reach out to [email protected] so our support team can offer a better resolution. Thank you!