4 /5
  • Industry: Publishing

I have used Maximizer for 25+ years

Reviewed on 2021-02-19

I have used it personally for 25 years. I saw them migrate to the cloud and enjoy using at home, office and from my phone.

Pros

It is a nice software solution with typical contact management features. Add contacts, set follow-ups, track opportunities, send e-mails.

Cons

It does what I need it to do. The license fee is much lower than Salesforce, which we also use for other groups in the company.

Lorraine J.

Mostly happy

Reviewed on 2018-08-08

Pros

Its pretty easy to get the basic to work and it's response times are greatly improved. Service is much much better than a few years ago.

Cons

templates for notes and sending e-mail confirmations is limited to what you can include. Can't use snipit type programs to copy info to Max files. Organizing notes and files is very awkward so we have resorted to keeping then in client files in BOx.com

Samson L.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

OK for smaller companies, Support cost can be an issue

Reviewed on 2019-07-29

I think this product is more suited for small to medium size businesses. They have been in the CRM business for 25+ years, they know their product well. But also because of this, their interfaces are less modern compare with other bigger players like Salesforce (although they are improving it slowly)

Pros

- Maximizer has been in business for 25+ years.
- Compare with other newer CRMs these days, the learning curve to this product is lower.
- Email integration is great and speedy.
- nice to see they have tried to upgrade their interface with a more modern looking
- being a smaller CRM player, they are more willing to work with the clients closely.

Cons

- lack of language supported (only English)
- Support on Apple is not as good (some features not working)
- Support from Maximizer is good, but it might come with a charge

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Samson,

Thanks for leaving a review! While we're ecstatic to hear you're comments it looks as though we may have missed the mark in some other key areas.

When it comes to language integration, we do have others available and support is free of charge. We can also help you through your Apple integrations.

Feel free to reach out to us at: 866-275-1254 or [email protected]

We would love to help you through your Maximizer journey.

Warm regards,

The Maximizer Team

Sam S.

• Customer Support Software

Difficult to set-up, pay as you go support, pieced together from other CRM's

Reviewed on 2018-07-31

If you are not a savvy database programer or don't have a staff member that is, then you will likely find this CRM to be very difficult to use and customize to your practice. The cost keeps increasing and once you have been using the system, the company knows they have you on the hook and will keep the price increases rolling your way. Using this is like being caught between a rock and a hard place.

Pros

Online access from anywhere.
Dashboard provides a good overview of your business.
Wealth edition has some customization to the financial industry.

Cons

The way it is sold and supported is not CUSTOMER friendly. The resellers charge for everything and don't want to teach you how to be independent of them. They would rather do it for you without educating you. Pretty expensive.
The webinar support is inadequate, they won't answer some questions and tell you that they have people you can pay to get that done. We should be able to learn it ourselves.
You will have to buy a second access for your Administrative Support person, which is not the case with all competitor products and seems like a cash grab.
Subscription is paid annually not monthly, so if you don't like it you are out a big chunk of money.
Will not separate out billing for multiple advisors in a firm.

Tom T.
  • Industry: Publishing

Maximizer and the cloud

Reviewed on 2018-08-09

As a small magazine publisher I've used Maximizer to manage ad sales, subscriptions and distribution as well as basic contact management. I expect that Maximizer is even more powerful with a larger organization.

Pros

As a former ACT user, I was originally attracted to Maximizer because of it's link at the time to Quickbooks. I stuck with it when that linkage was dropped because it offered so many other features and flexibility than what I had experienced previously. When we moved from Desktop to a Server for remote connections may patience, time and financial resources were stretched to the limit. I was initially dubious about the cloud solution, particularly concerned about reliability. However that has not been an issue. Maximizer has overdelivered. Calls for technical help have been rare.

Cons

My learning curve was a challenge (several years ago) in part because the program was so powerful. I think a wider range of tutorials and customized templates have probably improved the startup experience. A major nuisance item is the need to use Internet Explorer in order to take advantage of the link with Word templates.

Judi C.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

UPGRADING TO LIVE

Reviewed on 2018-10-30

We have been a long time Maximizer user and overall are very happy with the product and service. The live version was a good upgrade for us overall. The software provides what we need and is user friendly for non techies.

Pros

It mostly allows us to make necessary connections between patients and recipients and to find information we need quickly.

Cons

We use the notes for important medical details and it is a challenge to have to dig through the notes with the live version. The recently added 'search' bar in notes is much appreciated and we're hopeful there will be further improvements to scrolling through notes more efficiently.

The possibility of not being able to connect due to a server glitch is very scary to us since we depend on the information relative to providing medication dosage on a daily basis for a medical business. If it goes down we are virtually out of business and unable to provide urgent medical information.

• Customer Support Software

Daily necessity of my business

Reviewed on 2019-02-13

I keep detailed client meeting notes, important dates and follow-ups are automatic. I don't personally utilize the email integration within Maximizer, and hope that some day soon Maximizer will release functionality with MacOS for Outlook Integration, as this would be a huge pro for my business / work-day.

Pros

Customizable to your businesses needs and functions. Organization of all client data and notes. Follow up functionality, and searchable User Defined Fields a huge asset. Access from web/cloud based from anywhere.

Cons

Outlook integration compatibility does not work with MacOS which is a huge negative for me. The Windows Outlook & Word compatibility is seamless though.

Response from Maximizer Software

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We're happy to hear Maximizer is having such a positive impact on your business, and want to assure you we are working on improving the Outlook MacOS integration.

Penney M.

Investor business review

Reviewed on 2018-11-05

Overall experience has been excellent. I can't imagine doing business without it.

Pros

I really like the client data base features. It allows easy access to all our client information. The outlook integration is an excellent feature, and we can save all our correspondence to the data base. We send a newsletter to all our clients through maximizer which is very easy to do.

Cons

The only struggle I've had is reading the manual when trying to trouble shoot as it doesn't always list the steps as clearly as I would like. For instance when adding a field. I do finally get there and when I've run into problems the support team have been excellent.

Kevin Q.

Reviewed on 2018-11-06

I am very please with the software. I had a chance a few months back to change CRM's and I actually made that decision to change but after using the other CRM I cancel and went back to Maximizer. So much easier to use.

Pros

I like the interface of the Maximizer software make it very easy to sort and find specific clients. I use the Hot-list section on a daily basis and it again makes it very easy to find the clients you need to contact on a specific day..

Cons

Some of there add on or third party software partner do not always work properly or I should say work without a lot of effort to get them to work.

Dorothy H.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great Potential

Reviewed on 2018-08-02

I've been working with Maximizer for over a year and still have a long way to go to maximize the benefits of Maximizer.

Pros

I see the potential in Maximizer. It has many features that can make your job easier. In the best case scenario, it becomes your go to platform for organizing your priorities, activities and goal setting.

Cons

The biggest obstacle for me is the mount of data entry and customization to make it flow for our company. It is labour intensive. Permissions restrict customization which I understand but it can become frustrating customizing it to meet our needs. Two main departments use Maximizer and the logistics of making it work seamlessly for both is challenging. I spend a lot of time documenting my concerns in very clear terms in order to work with Maximizer specialists to address our issues. This interferes with my priorities and results in me abandoning my efforts.

• Industry: Biotechnology

Maximizer Rocks!!

Reviewed on 2018-08-07

In our organizaton, Maximizer is key in tracking all aspects of our membership, such as: status, renewals, membership dues and activities, ie: when and how we connect with them either by phone or email and by attaching related docs, ie: membership forms and any correspondence with them.

Pros

The ability to customize fields, views and templates and the ability to attach documents to a profile. It's also very user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

Having to type in "DELETE" for every deletion. I would prefer to just "click" on a "Yes /No" to confirm or abort of a deletion.

James K.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

max review

Reviewed on 2018-08-02

We are a small user and have used the software for a very long time. We enjoyed the on line feature of accessing info but were ill informed when we realized we have no control over our backups. We would ilke to subscribe to a much scaled down version of the software and have control over our backups but were told this is not available. We want our data and notes back in our own backup system and a version that costs much less .

Pros

The software has very many features - the majority of which we do not use or have any use for

Cons

sometimes the software is much too complex with an overload of features.

Hilary C.
  • Industry: Banking

Maximizer CRM

Reviewed on 2020-03-09

I believe our company has risen greatly because of Maximizer CRM, most of the clients information we use is from this software, and our marketing was taken to a better level because of this software.

Pros

Suitable for any business size, meaning small companies can get to grow and still be using it when they are big.
Your entire business performance and history can be found on one platform.
Its compatible with smartphones, meaning one is not limited to work on the computer
CRM allows for sharing of data, hence promoting workplace efficiency

Cons

It needs to be upgraded a little to have the updated look of a current software.
The data from way back is hard to track

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Hilary,

Thank you for the kind review. We pride ourselves on Customer Experience here at Maximizer and love to hear these amazing comments!

Enjoy using Maximizer!

Adam Wilson
Head of Customer Success

Joshua W.

Efficient and user friendly

Reviewed on 2016-12-07

Loved maximizer as a CRM system. Worked in software for several years and we used Maximizer to not only keep track of our customers and leads, but to maintain a follow up system on customer issues and schedule service follow ups. Definitely a great all around software for small businesses to keep track of their customers and ensure efficient communication among the team and between customers.

Pros

ease of learning, ability to store documents, and ability to keep track of customer issues / set a follow up date.

Brian A.

What I like most

Reviewed on 2018-10-31

Pros

Most important to me is the security of the confidential information that is entrusted to my business by my clients. It is MOST important that Maximizer continue to ensure that with all the negatives we hear about hacking, etc., that Maximizer is on top of this risk.

Cons

I like most everything about Maximizer - I have used the product for many years prior to the current CRM Live.

Tim P.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

great program with plenty of features

Reviewed on 2017-09-19

The more information you put in, the more information you can get out. Got a heap of benefits including excellent reporting but took alot of work to get business to change processes to input more data.

Pros

plenty of features that captures alot of CRM required functions. Has mobile and web versions for mobile sales team.

Cons

customer support limited. The program is outdated, maybe more newer versions available that sync better with other software.

Mabel Q.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 2018-08-09

Pros

The east of entering notes and looking up contacts. Also it has great tools for setting up reminders.

Cons

I am not sure it it's a con, but it allows for duplicate entries so sometimes you have multiple companies with the same name. Also sometimes we want to switch a contact from one company to another and I believe you can do it, but it is not simple

• Industry: Investment Management Software
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 2018-10-30

I would say it is positive something my firm supports and uses due to its functionality and comprehensive nature to track clients and prospects.

Pros

The ability to keep my clients and prospects organized, not allowing an opportunity or touch point to pass me by.

Cons

Like everything sometimes there are glitches and I have to exit Maximizer and log back in.

Samantha R.

• Customer Support Software

Headed in the right direction but still work to do

Reviewed on 2018-08-02

The program is definitely headed in the right direction, there just need to be some minor/moderate changes to take place to make it more user friendly and efficient.

Pros

The interface is aesthetic and easy to navigate, lots of different features to make use of. I like being able to have client lists, contact info, reminders and calendar all in one program.

Cons

The system honestly seems to be pretty glitchy. Lots of things just randomly disappear which can cause some stress and anxiety. Integrating Maximizer and Outlook together was also an absolute nightmare, so many things went wrong in the process. Lots of little things to smooth out and work on.

Mike C.

I have used Maximizer for 0ver 24 years and wouldn't use any other CRM

Reviewed on 2017-06-09

Pros

I like the way I can view and sort my contacts and have several databases for various customer types. I use it for mailings a lot and it is so easy to print one label or several hundred.

Cons

I have the last disc version that I know of that is stored on my computer, the cloud version is far out of my price range.

Max S.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Organized!!

Reviewed on 2018-11-02

Positive...been using it for over 15 years

Pros

The interface of the software is easy to use and categorizing and organizing data is much more efficient and to the point versus other software ive used - Salesforce - too many pages for one client!

Cons

Wish there was an Outlook interface for email

Stephen T.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Maximizer Makes a Difference

Reviewed on 2018-08-15

Pros

Used it for years and got great results. Particularly liked the auto-task followup. Found inputting contacts was easy and it had a great UI.

Cons

It became expensive and I switched CRMs. However, I think it's a great CRM for someone who wants a lot of features.

Benjamin P.
  • Industry: Printing

MAX works!

Reviewed on 2018-08-09

Sales Opportunities and leading tracking. Year over year dashboards and trending.

Pros

Ease of use and configurable to my needs.

Cons

Their standard forms are not applicable to my business.
Customer support needs to have greater urgency solving technical issues.

Owen S.

Senior Advisor

Reviewed on 2018-08-08

Just a good contact management system - thanks

Pros

Simply does what I want it to do...record notes, stores documents and provided birthday reports...don't need much more.

Cons

Too much to learn...haven't got time for all the applications

Shari R.

Almost Good Enough

Reviewed on 2019-03-01

Maximizer is an alright program to use.

Pros

Creating action plans is simple, tasks are ok. Calendar is decent.

Cons

No ability to search within calendar, cannot create recurring tasks, customer service is severely lacking.