VideoPad

Write a Review!
Video making and editing software

4.2/5

Sanjay
  • Industry: Entertainment

Videopad Review

Reviewed on 2021-06-14

Ignoring one or two shortcomings, it is still my favorite software for video editing for the last 6 years.

Pros

You have to study many editing softwares first, but the interface of Videopad is so simple that you create videos from day one and there is a lot of fun in working with Videopad.

Cons

Text effects are not too many on this software and When you type multiple subtitles in a video, the font or position you hold for one subtitle gets applied to all subtitles.

Heidi
Heidi
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Much More Functional Than Similar Priced Software

Reviewed on 2018-10-26

I really like VideoPad. After struggling with other similar software I find it a huge relief to use their interface. When I create Intros, I go to other software to do that and bring it into VideoPad. But that's the only thing I create elsewhere. Much more robust and a lot easier to use than Wondershare Filmora.

Pros

I love that it's possible to create multiple video and audio tracks all layered. Wondershare Filmora does not allow this (!).
It's also possible to drag the tracks right and left on the timeline. Wondershare Filmora, for example, does not allow this either which makes it very challenging to do anything complex. So Videopad supports complex videos with many layers, which is what I always end up creating.
This software was the easiest video software for me to learn to use. The user interface is generally intuitive.
It has a lot of different kinds of transitions - definitely adequate for anything I plan to do
It has a lot of adjustment tools - ways to adjust the video color etc. - for the price.

Cons

It doesn't have as good intros as other software (Filmora Wondershare and Typito have way better intros)
Once a transition vanished from my video and even with emailing Help I couldn't ever future out a way to fix it. I had to do that part of the video in another program ultimately which was super inconvenient. But this is the only time that ever happened. Ever since transitions have always stayed.
The Help responses were slow and none of them helped. But at least people are there and do answer at least part of the time.

Kim

• Customer Support Software

When it works - it's awesome

Reviewed on 2020-04-23

Pros

It's very easy to use and learn. It's has fine possibilities as a editor.

Cons

When the company come with a new version ($40 one more time) the SAVE files starting to corrupt and the old version stops working and crashing. First time I thought of it as a coincidence, second time... Today I lost 20 hours of work and I guess my students just have to wait 20 hours for a new version and I have to go all nighter.

Response from NCH Software

Hello Kim,

We apologize for the frustrations this may have caused. When editing, did you experience an error message? Our Support Team would love to hear from you. They are always available to help you here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html

-NCH Software Team

Pravin
Pravin

VideoPad review

Reviewed on 2023-05-08

Pros

VideoPad is user-friendly and has more feathers in this software-like effect. We can export the video in whatever quality we want like Burn DVD, Export Movies, Multiple Resolutions

Cons

The audio capabilities would have been better. The free version is only limited tools and we cant explore many tools in free version

Alberto
Alberto

• Customer Support Software

Interesting but something to improve

Reviewed on 2017-11-22

Possibilities to import ififerent format of files

Possibilities to import ififerent format of files

Pros

A full set of features to edit, cut, merge etc. videos; intuitive and with a fairly comprehensive set of possibilities.

Cons

Registering and paying process cumbersome; moreover, I could not port my licence to the new PC when I changed my old one.

Response from NCH Software

Hi Alberto,

Our Registration Support Team will be happy to re-send your registration code and installation file to the software you previously purchased. You can contact our Registration Support Team here: http://www.nch.com.au/support/regcontact.html You can find need further assitance on how to register your products here: https://www.nch.com.au/kb/10053.html

-NCH Software Team

Kayla
  • Industry: Online Media

Terrible product from the 1980s

Reviewed on 2024-02-27

Pros

Pretty easy to pick up and use. As someone who hasn't edited videos before, I could pick it up quickly.

Cons

Terrible functionality. Videos would behave just fine in Videopad, and then I would open them on YouTube and the audio didn't match the video. I would open previously edited videos later in Videopad, and they would lag, the video would inexplicably be in black and white, and it would be impossible to continue to edit given the quality of the video. NCH software's customer support is non-existent. From the way they run their business, you can tell they haven't updated anything since the 80s.

Anil
Anil
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Simple & Lightweight Video Editor

Reviewed on 2022-07-16

There is a lot to like about VideoPad. It is simple, straightforward, easy to install, and does not need a lot of PC resources.

Pros

I've been using VideoPad for a long time and thoroughly love working with it. It is quite simple to edit 360 videos using VideoPad. You could even write your own music to accompany the video.

Cons

The visual effects of VideoPad are basic. Also, the audio editing is puzzling and difficult. There are occasionally issues with export and import.

Osanda
Osanda
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Simple video editing software

Reviewed on 2018-09-21

Pros

I think this is the most simple video editing software I ever had used.
-This is very easy to use
-This is very user-friendly

using Videopad for beginners, You do not need to be professional video editors. You can start from using the simple tools what ever you want. And finally you can see a better video without any problems.

Cons

This is not excellent for professional video editors. Because videopad has limited functions and tools.

Joe
Joe
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

• Customer Support Software

Underrated yet still very powerful

Reviewed on 2021-04-20

7/10

7/10

Pros

-Can use templates for ease of use
-Updates have improved over the years
-Can do green screen, voiceover, and many pro techniques
-Basic tasks are easy (cut, transition, add text)

Cons

-Not intuitive
-Lots of manual processes that take many steps
-Intimidating for beginners
-caching sometimes is an issue

Savannah
Savannah
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Good Video Editor to Get You Started

Reviewed on 2019-04-29

Pros

I used this video software to begin editing YouTube content and it worked pretty well. Even the free trial for noncommercial purposes gave me a lot of options and was not too hard to use.

Cons

My only problem with software like this is that when you do not know all of the more in-depth features, you can't use the software to the best of its capabilities. If you spend time with it, you can definitely use all of the more advanced features, but otherwise, it probably will be hard for anyone to just pick up and use.

Response from NCH Software

Hello Savannah,

Thank you for your interest in NCH Software. We offer free video tutorials that display a handful of VideoPad's tools and features. You can check those out here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html#interface
If you have any further questions, our Support Team is always ready to help here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad
NCH Software Team

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

VideoPad delivers when it comes to both both audio and video editing

Reviewed on 2022-05-19

Best for editing both audio and video files.

Best for editing both audio and video files.

Pros

To start with, the menu bar looks somewhat familiar to a Microsoft office tool. I know, that may sound funny being said of a video editing software, but it made me feel at home with it. This allowed me to settle down easily and learn the program. Most of the Important tools are well laid out on the menu bar for easy access. When I imported my video files including the images and audios, I liked how VideoPad organized them into their respective bins without the need for me to create footage folders. This software is simplified and yet punches well above its weight. I would recommend it to anyone at any video editing skills level.

Cons

I experienced some freezes here and there which probably could be related to my computer hardware configuration.

Mohammad Ismail
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

• Customer Support Software

The Best VIDEO Editing Software Ever.

Reviewed on 2022-09-28

Excellent and I really love using it because it is easy to navigate on its platform, the Software is too Friendly that you will learn more technique in film editing a very-very short time and you will produce a unique and professional Films as if you are a Film Director.

Pros

The most important feature of this software is the easyness of USER to navigate in all features and effects of Film Editing that includes Cropting,Scaling, positioning,transparency, GreenScreen, use of Filters and many more features that will satisfy your Editing needs and Requirements to produce - AV Films.

Cons

The Software is Good but sometimes I experience some bugs that bothers my Editing and rendering.

Syed

• Customer Support Software

‘VideoPad is a dynamic and user-friendly tool’

Reviewed on 2020-09-17

As I mentioned, I like to use Video Pad and this is more purposeful than similar priced produced. So, my overall experience with VideoPad is very good.

Pros

I am using VideoPad for a long time and I totally enjoy it when I work with it. Video editing became an interesting job for me. Because this tool allows you to choose a different video format. So that you can make the perfect videos for YouTube which increases the possibility of more view of the video. I would say this is a great advantage of using this tool. To edit 360 videos with VideoPad is super easy. I like to be creative with my videos and export those in a different format is a great option for me.

Cons

I wish if they could have more features and functions. Sometimes, I also observed to export different videos is a slow process. However, I think it’s a helpful tool and cost-effective.

Response from NCH Software

Hi there, thanks so much for your thoughtful and detailed review. This is incredibly helpful. We wanted to let you know we've taken the good and the bad elements you've mentioned in your review to heart. -NCH Software Team

• Industry: Motion Pictures & Film
  • Used for 6-12 months

• Customer Support Software

A must have for editing any video

Reviewed on 2019-07-29

VideoPad helps in day to day video editing needs. Its quick, extremely easy to learn, yet robust and immensely powerful in what it does. VideoPad is an extremely stable software. It is a must have for those who want to edit their videos without diving deep into technicalities of video editing.

Pros

The best thing about VideoPad is that anybody can edit a video with this software right out of the box. VideoPad is so easy and intuitive to use and the learning curve is almost nil. So if you want to edit video in the blink of an eye, then this is the software. Plus it has several handy tools to edit your video like a pro.

Cons

All though one can edit videos of any sort with this program but VideoPad is not intended for movie making, thus lacks a lot of features that one would expect from a professional film editing software. So if anyone is looking for a software to edit films or movies then this is not the option.

Response from NCH Software

Hello there, thank you for your feedback.

In our efforts to enhance our products, are there any specific features you would like our team to add in future versions?: Kindly share your suggestions directly with our Development Team here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html

-NCH Software Team

Crystal
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

• Customer Support Software

Almost lost me, got me back

Reviewed on 2020-08-20

Overall I use this to create testimonial videos. I like that it is affordable with tons of features, and most of all, when I was having issues with the last upgrade, customer service fixed it for me in under 10 minutes. I thought it wouldn't be worth the hassle and was considering buying another kind of software, but it was so easy to fix the issue.

Pros

I'm a novice, but I like that after a bit of learning, I could use it creatively with more options than I really needed

Cons

I feel like it is more on me as a novice user, but it take a long time to edit video!

Response from NCH Software

Hi there, Thank you very much for your balanced and fair review. We are glad that you are happy with VideoPad. We've taken your thoughts to heart and we will continue to make improvements on our next releases based on your recommendations. -NCH Software Team

German Liber
German Liber
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

• Customer Support Software

Great video editor software option for beginners!

Reviewed on 2022-03-14

It's a nice option, but really expensive. And for the price, you could get something better. It's really cool for beginners, once you found your path through the program, things would be easier.

Pros

It has multiple formats and the output results are in a great quality. I really think it could be a great option for beginners in the video edition field. I'm a professional, but sometimes I use the app to make quick .mp4 videos. It features a DVD creator, and supports 3d video files. There are tools to export the files into different platforms as well. The interface is really clean and intuitive.

Cons

Not the easiest software out there. The learning curve might be a little hard. Effects like chroma key (green screen) looks kind of amateurish. It's overpriced.

Response from NCH Software

Hi Liber, We are constantly working to improve our products and greatly appreciate the feedback that you offer. If you need any assistance using this product, you could reach out to our Support team here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html

Kevin
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

• Customer Support Software

Poor customer support, no answer after 5 day wait. AND I PAID FOR THIS!

Reviewed on 2019-12-30

Terrible customer service, after paid, they don't answer emails. Horrible Export Speed.

Pros

You can add clips easily, all the buttons function, so many features to ADD items but that's where it stops. See my CONS report on why.

Cons

Horrible upload speeds, 12-18 hours to export a 43-minute clip to youtube? TWO HOURS FOR A NINE MINUTE CLIP???

Are we serious here? We run a reality show on YouTube and have quickly realized this will cost us our fans if we can not upload our vids in time.

Response from NCH Software

Hello Kevin,

we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. It looks like you are experiencing a technical issue. The best resource to help troubleshoot the issue is our Support Team. They are always avialable here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad

-NCH Software Team

Missaka
  • Industry: Design

VideoPad video edit Review software

Reviewed on 2020-05-27

I am a Sound engineer.mostly i create a flute covers track while my free time .after compose it ,i want create a video for my Flute cover.then i mostly use this software for create my video.i can edit it easily.and export it of specific format.

Pros

Mostly i like this software,It is most user friendly,It can edit our video with basic editing tools easily.It can create photo slideshow, support mostly popular video formats including MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, MPG/MPEG, WMV, etc.and It can edit audios use basic editing tools.(Trim the length, change audio pitch, adjust volume)

Cons

Some time i met export problems and import problems.

Rogger
  • Industry: Food Production

My first video editor

Reviewed on 2021-02-27

This software helped me develop an image-based video of agroindustrial products that I used in a research at the university and in a few months I will publish a scientific article about this.

Pros

I like this video editor because it is very easy to use for beginners like me and there are many tutorials online to learn how to edit in this software

Cons

I think they should add some additional editing tools to make the videos look more professional also the obtainde videos should be less heavy.

Natoria
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

• Customer Support Software

VIDEOPAD HORRIBLE!!! DO NOT PURCHASE!!!

Reviewed on 2020-11-14

STRESSFUL, HORRIBLE AND A WASTE OF TIME! IT HAS TAKEN 17 HOURS TO EXPORT ONE 30MIN VIDEO AND IT IS STILL NOT DONE EXPORTING! WHO KNOWS HOW MANY MORE HOURS WILL IT TAKE TO COMPLETE THE PROCESS.

Pros

It's easy to download and easy to figure out how to work the SOFTWARE but other than that it's HORRIBLE.

Cons

It is horrible at playing back videos. It takes several several HOURS to export videos. It freezes constantly. It does not allow you to upload directly to social media, it freezes everytime you click for your videos to be authorized. There is no Customer Support Team available. They want you to pay them to get help from their technical support for their horrible software. DON'T PURCHASE!!! VIDEOPAD IS A HEADACHE!!!!!!

My own view

Reviewed on 2019-03-26

I am using it to create videos for my YouTube channel, mostly creative common videos. I use it to edit the videos to my desired choice before I upload it to my YouTube channel. So far so good, it has really being helpful and useful to me in so many ways.

Pros

I Like the aspect of it allowing users to join multiple videos together, e.g two or more videos.

Cons

It's not easy saving edited video in mp4 format.

Response from NCH Software

Hello there, thank you for contacting us.
We offer free video tutorials that will show you how to perform VideoPad's tasks including saving your videos to an MP4 format. You can find these here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html#mp4
If you have any further questions or concerns, our Support team will be more than happy to help you here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad
-NCH Software Team

Santhiya
Santhiya
  • Industry: Warehousing
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

VideoPad Review

Reviewed on 2023-05-08

Pros

VideoPad is easy to learn; we can edit the video quickly, and have many feathers. We can export the video in many formats

Cons

It is only for the beginners and advanced feathers are not up to the mark, Audio quality is also not that good

Ben
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Perfect easy to use software

Reviewed on 2019-02-28

Great, I needed something to be able to finish off editing a video and this was the perfect option. Likely to buy premuim version

Pros

Being completely free its the perfect option to be able to do video editing, paid versions with watermarks immediately push people away from the software however videopad does not have that problem

Cons

UI may seem a bit outdated to some so could do with some redesigning however it has all the functionality you need

Response from NCH Software

Hello Ben,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your feedback, If you would like you can suggest any tools or effects that might make our UI better. Kindly suggest your ideas here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html

-NHC Software Team

Edward
Edward

• Customer Support Software

A multifunctional tool very easy to use

Reviewed on 2018-05-14

Pros

I not only use it for video editing, but also for recording and editing audio. It is a very useful and easy to use tool, you do not need to be an expert.

Cons

The interface gives the impression of being an obsolete software and it really is not. They should add more video transitions

Francis Carolina
Francis Carolina

• Customer Support Software

Simple and functional video editor

Reviewed on 2018-06-29

Easy to use. It is economical, to be a paid video editor. Compatible with a variety of video formats. Being easy to use, you can save time, which you can expend to other projects.

Pros

It's easy to use, which is important if like you are an amateur in video editing. The interface is very intuitive despite this in English which is not my native language. It is a lightweight program and does not require an overly powerful computer. It is compatible with many video formats.

Cons

I consider that this software is more oriented to make amateur videos, tutorials or even simple videos for youtube. If you are looking for professional software to edit short films or audiovisual material for film and television, this tool is not for you. This tool is not so precise to cover, from frame to frame, the details that may have an error of origin at the time of recording. The effects library is not wide and clean compared to other professional software.