Zego

Brian
Brian

They Are Part Of Our Team

Reviewed on 2024-03-27

It's been great! I have had mainly positive experiences with Zego and have been with them for at least 10 years (from back when it was Paylease). I get quick responses to customer service issues and everyone on their team is super nice and helpful.

Pros

Zego is awesome and handles all of our payment processing, billing, and even submetering all of the utilities for all 6 of our apartment communities. Roughly 2,000 units currently. We had been doing utility billing in-house and thought we were making a good decision pay saving the money. Zego audited our bills and found ways for us to save money and bill back to our residents more efficiently. Now we're making more money and I have more time in my day to work on more important resident facing issues.

Cons

Their reporting for the submetering system isn't accurate at determining what transmitters needs batteries or replacement. I'd recommend using whatever software comes with your devices to manage that. Our transmitters are NextCentury so we use their portal to determine which devices need to be replaced or have new batteries put in.

Entrata

Reasons for Switching to Zego

I think entrada went by a different name back then but I believe they were the other option and we chose Zego at that time mainly due to price.
Miri

Great Payment Platform

Reviewed on 2024-03-19

Pros

If you use this as a standalone, not with the RM integration I would definitely recommend.
With the integration stuff can get confusing like reports.

Cons

There's a buried clause in the agreement that automatically renews the agreement except if you give 60 days notice. That's the only con, which might mean nothing to alot of you readers.

Kaitlyn

Great Resource with Room to Improve

Reviewed on 2024-05-07

I really like this program, but there is definitely room to improve.

I really like this program, but there is definitely room to improve.

Pros

I like how easy the app makes it for me to post and collect RSVPs for resident events. It's also very easy to communicate with residents through the chat function. This review was collected with the promise of rewards on Zego Champions.

Cons

There are frequent tech issues and bugs for residents. These happen most often when there is a new update.

Jered

• Customer Support Software

Run don't walk to Zego's suite of products.

Reviewed on 2024-05-02

My nearly 15 year experience with Zego products has been overwhelmingly positive. I find their team to be interested in customer feedback, concerns and recommendations to help drive innovation and product development.

Pros

Having been a user and pilot user of many zego products and features over the years one thing has stood out; their value on customer input to help drive product initiatives.

Cons

The inherent challenges of an integrated product vs. single stack solution. If something were to operate incorrectly the separation of products can increase the troubleshooting workload.

Angee

Big fan of Zego

Reviewed on 2024-04-10

Our experience, espencially with costumer service, has been excellent.

Our experience, espencially with costumer service, has been excellent.

Pros

Zego has made our lives easier by giving us the place for our residents to pay their rent online. We also use Cashpay which is new for us and it's been awesome. We no longer take money orders and instead, they use cashpay and the money goes directly into their account. No more scanners not reading the money orders causing bank errors!

Cons

The only con is when I can't get my bosses to implement another one of their programs!

Shivani

I love Zego

Reviewed on 2024-03-21

Excellent service. Quick and easy to use. I love the educational aspect of it.

Excellent service. Quick and easy to use. I love the educational aspect of it.

Pros

Excellent service. Quick and easy to use. I love the educational aspect of it

Cons

I am not sure. I like everything Zego has to offer to their customers.

Zego payments made easy

Reviewed on 2024-03-26

Pros

It is integrated with our software so that all payments are recorded there automatically

Cons

Signing up and creating new users takes a few steps

Jessica
Jessica

Great Product

Reviewed on 2024-03-20

Pros

Ease of use. Straight forward good customer service.

Cons

No real issues with the service, works as it should.

Sabrina

Zego is easy to use!

Reviewed on 2024-04-11

Pros

Easy integration with Enumerate, formerly TOPS

Cons

How long it takes to process payments can cause issues

G.
  • Industry: Investment Management Software

A good way to incorporate online rent payments for private landlords.

Reviewed on 2018-08-10

Pros

It helps save time when residents are not able to pay by bringing in a check or money order to the office. They are able to your their checking accounts to pay online at any time and set up recurring payments.

Cons

the Interface is basic but it is good for property owners who rent out homes and not looking to pay for bigger rent payment software programs.

Response from Zego

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review! We are thrilled our Payments solution has been able to save you time. We are constantly working to improve our user interface, so keep an eye out for exciting updates! Thanks for using PayLease!

dustan

• Customer Support Software

PayLease switch to Zego tanked customer service

Reviewed on 2020-07-02

If you like long loading and waiting times then boy you have found the correct company.

Pros

Has a website that mostly works despite long loading times

Cons

If you need an adjustment made on a scanned check, good luck. It isn't happening. They will reduce checks but never increase checks to the correct amount. They rely on you to figure out if a check was scanned for a lower amount then stated. If you have a check overstated then they will adjust immediately. Takes months for adjustments to take place so bank recs are consistently rolling Journal entries.

Response from Zego

Thank you for your candid feedback. We sincerely apologize for any frustration our website has caused you. We pride ourselves on our tech-forward platform and responsive customer service, so we are very sorry that we missed the mark here. We would really like to make this right. We have alerted your account representative, who will be reaching out to you shortly to help resolve these issues. Again, thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to improve your experience in the future.

• Customer Support Software

Payleases is very helpful, but not without issues

Reviewed on 2018-12-14

Even though there are some issues, having the ability to process payments online does save our staff a lot of time and makes life easier for our residents.

Pros

I love that we can now offer the ability to pay online to all of our residents. It is easy for them to set up recurring or one time payments. We also use the software to process checks on site which saves the staff from running to the bank.

Cons

Paylease still has a few quirks to work out. This seems to be with the integration into our Resman software.
Occasionally a batch will post into the bank account twice and we need to delete the correct one or is messes with the account total. There are also times when a returned checks processes in their system but doesn't update to the resident account. We then have to manually correct the account.

Response from Zego

Thanks so much for your feedback! We're glad that our online payments solution has saved your staff time, and has been beneficial for your residents! We truly apologize for the integration issues. We pride ourselves on our seamless integrations, and would like to make this right. If you would please send your contact information to [email protected], we would be happy to have someone from our Client Success Team reach out to discuss the issue further. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to improve your experience.

miranda

Reviewed on 2020-01-16

Great benefit to give a option for all of our resident to pay, we save so mush time by not having to process checks.

Pros

We use Paylease so our leasing company can accept credit card payments, we love that our residents have a choice for payment.

Cons

Paylease does charge the resident and the leasing office to use the product. I wish they would just have one flat fee for both.

Response from Zego

Hi Miranda! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We love that our solution saves you and your associates so much time - that's our #1 goal! Also, just to let you know, we have recently updated our pricing models for 2020, including a subscription-based, flat fee option. If you would like more information on this, don't hesitate to give us a call. Thanks again for your review, and thanks for using PayLease!

DESTINY

Easiest App!

Reviewed on 2021-06-29

I love the app - it allows us to do many functions such as setting up events for residents to RSVP and that helps us with the planning of our resident retention.

Pros

This app allows us to get in touch with our residents quickly and efficiently. Messages sent are out quickly and you're able to reply to residents just like in an email. Easy and efficient.

Cons

I don't really have too many complaints as the intent for this app is completely seamless and there's not too much to complain about.

Colette

• Customer Support Software

Zego makes tenant payments fantastic

Reviewed on 2024-05-16

Pros

We love the autopay function and that tenants can get setup on payments on the tenant portal through our company software

Cons

It can take a bit to set up a new account if you change banks

Keri
  • Industry: Hospitality

Functionally and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019-03-11

Overall this is a great program! It allows residents to easily make and track payments, easily allows management to track, and process payments and refunds.

Pros

This system is very useful in tracking any payments- as well as the ability to refund easily if needed.

Cons

So far there are no cons to this program.

Response from Zego

Hi Keri! Thanks so much for your review. We love that you find our solution easy and helpful! Please don't hesitate to give us a call if there's anything else we can do for you. Thanks for using PayLease!

Linda

• Customer Support Software

Zego makes my life easier.

Reviewed on 2023-11-03

I have had a great experience with Zego.

I have had a great experience with Zego.

Pros

Payments are processed in the background. No hands on.

Cons

Had a few hiccups setting up new properties.

Kim

Great Service

Reviewed on 2024-03-20

Pros

Rent Manager integration is wonderful. Payments automatically post to accounts and NSFs are pushed into the database as well.

Cons

Customer service is great, but just a little slow to answer very important questions or deal with issues.

Casandra

By Far the Worst Customer Service I have Ever Received

Reviewed on 2022-11-04

Absolutely horrible.

Absolutely horrible.

Pros

I did not like a single thing about this software. Any good features it did have were completely outweighed by the lack of customer service entirely.

Cons

The Customer Service is absolutely horrible. I was completely lied to multiple times, made to fill out forms, sent on goose chases, only for every person I talked to, to tell me something different. I waited 33 days on a response to try to cancel the product, which then put us past the contract required notice and we had to pay for this horrible software for another year. Oh and if a tenant bounces a payment? Forget it, Zego won't tell you until 2 weeks later, so then they get two months behind on rent and you've lost considerable money.

Ally

• Customer Support Software

Great product with smooth integration!

Reviewed on 2024-04-08

Pros

Zego makes it easy to track payments and learn more about returned payments. The integration with Rent manager means minimal work on my part to track rental accounts.

Cons

It can be tricky to get customer service at times.

Georgia
Georgia

Rent payments made easy

Reviewed on 2024-03-20

Pros

Zego provides a platform for our tenants to pay using a variety of payment methods. It integrates with our software and posts to the tenant account.

Cons

The occasional transaction that has an error is difficult to identify

Ashley

• Customer Support Software

Great option for tenants to make payments!

Reviewed on 2023-12-01

Pros

I love that Zego is easy to set up, very user friendly, & allows for auto pay set up!

Cons

Nothing! I haven't found anything that I don't like.

July

cheap payment processing option

Reviewed on 2023-01-11

Pros

The reason we went with zego is due to the integration with Rent manager and the Price.

Cons

There's no con that I know of, as we use the Rent Manager integration.

chaz

cheapest for tnt payment

Reviewed on 2023-01-26

They have outstanding customer support and onboarding team

They have outstanding customer support and onboarding team

Pros

It's so customizable to your needs for your company size and location.

Cons

I can't think of one con to this software

charles

• Customer Support Software

Best affordable option for property owners

Reviewed on 2022-10-02

We are very impressed by the customer support. As for the benefits of this, it's majorly impacting the real time reporting with its payment integration.

Pros

real time integration with rent manager, very customizable to suit every owner and or management company. The best customer support and onboarding team.

Cons

We just launched this for one of our portfolios, and as of now we only see advantages of using this software.