Shop4D

So much more than a software program! TM

5 /5
Customer Support Software

Filter by

NaTasha

• Customer Support Software

If you are serious about your business, this is the program for you

Reviewed on 2022-07-25

I am a frothing at the mouth avid fanatic of this software. I've literally kicked a rival company out of my shop because I told him, we are lifers. I genuinely feel like the team there care about our business and really want the best, from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and my boys [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at Tech Support. I cannot believe we ever managed with Mitchell. I've sung my praises for this software to everyone in my 20 group and all of my friends in the industry. Its slick, it's modern, and it works. And it keeps working because they keep tweaking it and LISTENING to their users. Other companies in other industries should take notice!

Pros

I love how easy this is to use. There's a learning curve, but after you learn, it's easy. I love that they have weekly trainings so I can learn what new features came out. I feel that there is support in place, I never feel alone. When I utilize the tech support I am grateful that they are stateside and speak clear and perfect English. They are always so helpful too and I feel like they are my friends. I lovingly call them my NerdHerd and contact them anytime I have a question or need a quick reminder on how to do something. I've never felt talked down to, I've never felt rushed or ignored when I needed help. Having this software really gave us a great view on where our weaknesses were so we could address them. The reports are the most robust I've seen! I feel like we know everything about our business. We are on track to meet some serious goals and I feel like this software was the last piece of the puzzle we needed to really get where we want to be.

Cons

The hardest part of this software was learning this software. I'm highly skilled in the computer area and I struggled a little in the first week. After 4 weeks I had the complete hang of it (or so I thought) then I did a training session and learned way more! Switching from Mitchell to Shop4d was difficult but so worth it!! I'd never go back.

Shopmonkey and AutoVitals

Reasons for Choosing Shop4D

We wanted something modern with serious metric tracking so we could get serious about our business. Mitchell failed on all accounts, Shop4d checked the right boxes.

Reasons for Switching to Shop4D

We wanted something modern with serious metric tracking so we could get serious about our business. Shop4d checked the right boxes.
Joseph

• Customer Support Software

Great software. Wouldn't use anything else

Reviewed on 2022-05-24

From the people to the software... all of it is top notch.

Pros

There are so many features it would be impossible to list them all. This software was designed by shop operators. It's extremely impressive. The transition was very smooth from our old POS.

Cons

Give me time to try to come up with one.

ALLDATA

Reasons for Choosing Shop4D

RO Writer is very old technology. We needed what shop4d offers.

Reasons for Switching to Shop4D

We tested and paid for All Data. There is no comparison. We never took the dive into All Data because it just wasn't up to par.
Debbie

I'm impressed!

Reviewed on 2022-09-17

I believe the parts locator is the best. Communication through shop4d has improved Communication within the shop and customers are informed.

Pros

I've never seen a software program like Shop4D. I've used many in my 35 years in the business. I like the ease and the capability of finding parts fast. The ease of all information contained within the Shop4D system. BAsically whenever there were issues they are handled right away. The support team is grat and has [SENSITIVE CONTENT] to have by just a message built in the program. I've seen my sales skyrocket with the use of Shop4D.

Cons

We introduced the new program and once we learned the system and had any suggestions they were implemented.

Joe

One Stop Shop Management System

Reviewed on 2022-06-30

Overall Shop4D has changed our lives, not just mine, it has change all of us. Our Shop is a better place to work, our customers get a better finished product, Shop4D support is by far the best support in the world. WE have never ask for help and not had a return in less that 5 minutes with resolution every time, Our overall experience is AWESOME!!

Pros

We previously used five different sources of software to manage our business, and then it was a labor to coordinate the information. Shop4D does all that we were doing plus much more and it is all sync'd and coordinated every single day. That gives us the ability to manage our efforts and direct them to improvement, which we do daily with all workers and staff. It has made a huge difference.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to toggle repair order to an estimate, we can change from the estimate to a repair. When I find something I do not like, I suggest an improvement to the development team and so far in the last four years of use, they have made changes and repairs to my requests.

AutoEntry

Reasons for Choosing Shop4D

We were using 5 different software to manage our store at a cost of about $2400 a month and it was a lot of work to get the financial information needed to run our store, We switched to 4D and save a lot of money and we now us one software and it is sync'd and coordinated every single day. Accurate and transparent clean information lets us mange our shop to a higher level of performance than ever before.

Reasons for Switching to Shop4D

Shop4D was a better bang for the buck, it had an internal marketing module, it sync'd with our accounting system, and most of all the support team was live and very helpful, and they still are four years later.
Jason

• Customer Support Software

Wish I had found it sooner!

Reviewed on 2022-07-21

I love shop 4D, the company is great, lead by great people. They offer everything from shop management, to marketing, to coaching. We made the switch a few years ago and have not looked back!

Pros

1. Workflow management. The RO has multiple stages that it flows through so everyone knows where the Vehicle and repair is at at all times. The technicians individual pages are laid out in an easy to use and understand way so they know what needs to be looked at, what is waiting on parts or waiting on an approval from the customer, and what is ready for repair. As soon as they mark it complete it shows up as ready to roll on the service writer screen so we know it is ready to call for payment and pick up.
2. Estimation. Has multiple labor rate guides built in to the program so the technician can see what times are required and choose the best labor operation, they can even choose which parts they want so they get the correct part the 1st time everytime!
3. Parts look up. Can get all of your top suppliers (oem & aftermarket) loaded in the the program so you can compare pricing at a glance to see who can get it quickest and at the best price for you and your customer
4. Reviews. built in Google review request button so you can send a link to your customer right away
5. No more paper storage. The system is cloud based so you no longer need to keep hard copies of paperwork because we capture a signature digitally for pickup and it saves right to the Repair Order. You can even send invoicing and payment request through the program so that the customer can pay online just in case they cannot make it in for in person pickup.
6. IT support. Usually respond within minutes online!

Cons

At the moment nothing! Everything works great, if there is ever an issue their IT support team is on it immediately via the chat function built right in to the program. No need to call and wait on hold, they are so responsive it is amazing!

Daris

D's Auto & Truck Repair experience with Shop4d

Reviewed on 2022-06-29

The reason I say this is the best tool we have put in the shop is we have grown immensely. We see the possibility of much more growth! By cutting out and eliminating steps of hang up and confusion (Shop4d does this) we can focus on what we do best, fixing cars. I felt we were at the top of our growth before moving to Shop4d, we have almost doubled our sales since the move. On top of that I have struggled to find experienced staff, so I have brought in green advisors and techs to run though the training process. We quickly bring the new hires up to speed and they can learn how to be really good at what they do. The weekly training and the built in training is amazing!

Pros

I love the program because it has been the best tool (investment) I have made. There is not a better tool that I have purchased to get this rate of return (ROI) on this than anything else I have purchased! The techs love the ability to cut down there required steps, and the data that they can quickly reach. The advisors are able to quickly fix problems, source parts and communicate, resulting in better sales! The techs are getting more work done which means they are making more money! Also the tech support from shop4d is amazing, when we have a problem they are on it immediately and have it fixed!

Cons

I do not have complaints. We have helped make this software better as have other users. We may make suggestions and they listen and come up with great ways to cut out steps and make the program better for all users! Also if we ask a question or have an issue they will improve on that to develop a better way of doing it, many times with out needing to ask.

Alan

• Customer Support Software

Shop 4D is a game changer!

Reviewed on 2022-06-29

Efficiency! Efficiency! Efficiency! Each employee is simply able to do more because of Shop 4D. EVERYTHING is in the program. My techs spend less time with all of the tasks that are not wrenching on cars. You know, wrenching on cars, the time we get paid for! My writers fly through estimates. I watch in awe of how quickly an estimate is written now. Digital inspections not only greatly increase the customers understanding and approvals, but they also lower our liability. I only wish I would have made the change years ago! One more thing. very important. With Shop4D, I feel like I am a part of something. Might sound cheesy, but it truly is a family.

Pros

We are all creatures of habit. I did not want to change a system I had been using for decades. However, Shop4D has been a game changer for my business. The Shop4D made the change over easy. Any time we had questions they were answered immediately. It took little time for my employees to find their way through a very friendly system. So I would say what I like best is how easily Shop4D and the team made the transition. It was my biggest concern and it was erased. The other thing I will say that I like the most is how it is constantly improving and getting better. Our ideas are listened to and feature are built based off of that. It is really cool to be a part of.

Cons

Well, I had to think a minute hear. I hate to be a downer here but...… I really hate the taxes I have been having to pay since making the change. I mean I have multiplied the taxes several times and it really is painful. Of course the profits are good. But taxes! Dang!

Mike

• Customer Support Software

The most complete overall package. Amazing support team.

Reviewed on 2020-04-10

Wanted an all in one solution. Tried them all. This was the most complete package.

Pros

The whole overall package is very well thought and laid out. The support from the shop4d team is the best I have experienced from a software vendor. They actually listen and you can tell there passionate about what they do. The whole team goes above and beyond. They truly care and go the extra mile as they want to see there clients succeed. There live training is every week and they don’t rush through it. They will stay until everyone is satisfied and every question is answered. I highly recommend any serious shop owner take a look. I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Cons

That it can’t fix the cars for me.
The price is a little high but only because I’m Canadian and our dollar is low.

John

Best Program Ever!

Reviewed on 2022-06-30

I have never in my adult life been surrounded by such a POSITIVE AND HELPFUL group of individuals in my life - The entire Team at Shop 4D is there to make sure your business grows. It is the complete platform - TRAINING, PODCASTS, WORK FLOW, SHOP MANAGEMENT, PROFIT MARGINS, EFFICIENCY MONITORS - ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING - ALSO SOLUTIONS TO SOLVE PROFIT/LOSS

Pros

Ease of use and tech support is ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!

Cons

NONE - only problems we have experienced have been with Repair Link and Epicor - repair information platform is different but you just have to learn to navigate it as with any new program

Peter

Amazing Shop software!!!

Reviewed on 2022-06-21

Amazing! Whenever I have a question, I ask the customer service and they respond within minutes and are super friendly and knowledgeable.

Pros

The entire program is outstanding. It has changed my life and my employee's lives. I find my self bored at times now with how efficient the program has made me. This program has saved me hours a day from the "old school" way of doing things, no more staying late to finish invoices. I was nervous to make the switch to shop4d but I wish I had done it sooner.

Cons

Can not find one flaw with the program.