Easy Projects

Project management and collaboration tools

4.3/5
4.1/5
4.1/5
Customer Support Software
4.6/5

Nancy S.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Easy Projects has proven to be a great way to bring all of the assets of a project together.

Reviewed on 2018-02-01

All conversations, assets and proofing is done in one easily accessible place. We can more easily assign team members, switch designers working on a project and freelance projects to outside designers.

Pros

1. It's easily tweakable to fit our workflow.
2. We've had great, responsive customer service.
3. There's auto notifications to keep projects on track that can be set up according to the licensed user's preferences.
4. We can finally keep all conversations about projects in one place and they are archived to be reinitiated in the same way the next year.
5. It fit the budget well. It wasn't the most expensive nor the cheapest but had all of the options we were looking for in an online project management system-online proofing, forms that convert to projects, tweakable workflow, ability to have free guest users and automatic notifications.

Cons

1. The guest user experience isn't as strong.
2. We'd like to tweak the notifications for guest users per project but can't. There is a universal notification for all guest users that works well. Sometimes bugs the guest user too much though.
3. If 2 people are on a task and one clicks that they're done, they will still get notifications until the other person clicks done. It would be great if the notifications could stop for the person that completed their portion of the task once they click that they're done.
4. I really liked the Outlook integration option but wish it was available for Mac users. Over 50% of our office is on a Mac.

Zuhairah A.
  • Industry: Banking

Project tracking and resource allocating is easy with Easy Projects

Reviewed on 2021-01-21

Great experience working with Easy Projects. Every organization should give this software a try.

Pros

Managing time spend to completing each project and task is very possible with this software. It can mark project progress and track its level of completeness for us to get top of the work. Each members are assign to their representative role and will get access to tools only for their role.

Cons

All the tools and features work really well with our system, and i have non problem with this.

Raphael R.
  • Industry: Design

Very Good Management Software for Research Center in Advanced Manufacturing

Reviewed on 2019-01-09

It revolutionize the way we work, able to pin point our operating costs, identify employees that had difficulties, speed up our delivery time, able to analyse in depth multiple data point such as geographic of our clients, type of projects, sectors of activities, major suppliers, powerful CRM and audit project audit trail.

Pros

Jame pack with features and able to customize with your operation. It only took 4hrs of training for our staff and about 2 months of transition phase, and now we are very fluent in the use and would not be able to work without it.

Cons

You can easily erase data, but is user right manageable, no backup, vacation module does not have request or approval, financial calculates internal cost (exact cost of the employee salary) but does not have an option to calculate the actual cost of the project with the hourly charging rate (i.e. 5hr @100$/hr vs 35$/hr for the salary). Lastly, you cannot easily adjust the size of the fields.

Sonia N.

• Customer Support Software

I use Easy Projects for my job, and it has been so easy to use!

Reviewed on 2018-06-08

Pros

I like that every person on the team can communicate directly within the program, eliminating the need for long email chains. My favorite feature used to be the layout of the My Assignments page before it became more of a to-do list. I liked being able to see what other people had commented and what other members were on a project with me. I also like that you can customize views in the Activity Center. It makes checking workload across a team very easy! I will also say that I think it's neat that you offer webinars to go over new features. I haven't been able to watch any of them, but one day I hope to catch up and see all the features I'm missing out on! lol

Cons

I really miss the old My Assignments view :( Other than that, I'd say that it's the perfect project management software!

A solid project management solution

Reviewed on 2019-01-09

We are a busy marketing and communications office with a very heavy and steady workload. Easy Projects helps to foster communication within our office around projects of varying priorities.

Pros

Easy Projects helps us to establish accountability and stick to deadlines. There are multiple ways to view one's assignments, which is a helpful way to accommodate different preferences and working styles.

Cons

It's not feasible to share work product -- especially larger files, such as layered design projects or videos -- through the system. The ability to do so or otherwise foster collaboration within the platform would be very helpful.

Danielle C.

• Customer Support Software

So far I've been doing well with the program, learning more about it and how to operate it.

Reviewed on 2018-02-07

Pros

I like how Easy Projects can track hours of my team and making sure they are on the right timely schedule. Also allowing the admins to run reports and see data on each project and user. I can't wait to use the new power BI.

Cons

The ease of using the program can be a little frustrating/ hard to figure out. Even after learning how move around the site; there is just so much packed in. That makes it a little difficult to use.

Ryan G.

• Customer Support Software

Since adopting Easy Projects we have reduced our customer onboarding time by over 20%!

Reviewed on 2017-05-08

Pros

Ease of use in general. Dependencies are easy to manage and tasks can be dragged to the correct spot with ease. Customer service is great, very responsive and open to suggestions for development.

Cons

When you have multiple templates it is hard to make changes to one then apply to the same tasks in other templates. Guest portal is confusing when the user has tasks that are pending but should not be started.

Jan F.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Flexible, Easy to Use, and Outstanding Support

Reviewed on 2018-02-06

One solution to keep our projects organized.

Pros

We can have one solution to track our I.T. projects and tasks. Also, Easy Projects is always working to improve the product. Customer support is great!

Cons

Message notifications need to be improved, such as showing who was notified of a message. Searching and filtering could be better and more intuitive.

Ella A.
  • Industry: Research

• Customer Support Software

Software is easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018-02-01

Easy to track activity for a certain project

Pros

You can query anything with multiple filters. Data can be exported into excel format and you can add or delete users by a group code.

Cons

In the report generator, it should show last user with date and time. No warning that you have entered the same project code.

• Customer Support Software

Not my favorite project-management tool, but functional

Reviewed on 2018-03-15

Pros

Our department uses this for time-tracking, and some of the features around assignments and budgets are pretty useful.

Cons

It has a fairly clunky interface and the searching and filtering are pretty difficult to use. It would also be nice to be able to see vacation time in the weekly view.

Alexa C.

• Customer Support Software

Easy Projects is a great tool!! It's changed the way we work with clients.

Reviewed on 2018-02-01

Pros

Easy to use, comprehensive, great customer support. I wouldn't want to use anything else at this point. When I first came onto my company we used multiple systems to branch into different departments and EZP just made it work I love it!
The tech support is awesome They know what their product and how to use it to its upmost potential. Really changed the game on how we work as a large multi-dimensional company.

Laura K.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

• Customer Support Software

Easy Projects is what its name implies - easy! It's a great tool to capture your projects.

Reviewed on 2018-02-06

Ability to see the project's status and easily follow up on tasks if needed.

Pros

Very simple to use and track the tasks associated with completing a project. It's also great to be able to review completed projects.

Cons

Changing the task dates - when I have to move a date, it's cumbersome. I'm sure there is an easy way to change all dates impacted by one task being moved, but I'm not sure how to do it.

Pam T.
  • Used for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Easy to us application that has streamlined our project management processes.

Reviewed on 2017-11-09

We implemented Easy Projects about three years ago and have been more than pleased with the functionality of this system, the ease of use, support and updates. Thank you!

Pros

This product is as the title states "Easy". It is easy to use, easy to implement, easy to manage and easy to create reporting. Support team is very helpful and the fact that the company is always implementing new features to make the system even more functional and easy to use is a huge bonus.

Cons

You cannot easily print a time line w/details. There are many situations at our company when we need to print a timeline and to my knowledge this cannot be done.

Amy A.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Flexible, Easy to Use, and Outstanding Support

Reviewed on 2017-09-14

Being able to satisfy many different business needs by developing different configurations that are used in different portfolios of the system.

Pros

Extremely flexible. We have been able to configure the system to meet many different needs, well beyond project management.

Cons

The Guest User view is limited and is effectively the only thing that has posed a limitation on our use of the system.

Neta B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

• Customer Support Software

Meets our needs for easy to use, captures the volume of work, and easy to report from.

Reviewed on 2018-02-01

Pros

We can easily create new projects and tasks, easily record hours worked, it is mostly intuitive to figure out, and they are actively working on adding new functionality.

Cons

There are just a couple of things that are less intuitive and have become nitpicky aggravations for me (like trying to filter to view "my" projects and forgetting that I need to change the filter to project resource rather than activity). It is great to have that level of granularity, but could still use some polishing.

Keeps tasks organized for hundreds of users to share

Reviewed on 2018-06-14

Pros

Our Easy Projects software helps us keep our team of 200 on the same page. We are able to work seamlessly in the tool to ensure flawless execution of all tasks. I like that we can customize the notifications of tasks. I see every update made to every task, which means I get dozens of notifications every hour. However, by customizing my notifications, I can get a recap every hour that I quickly review for anything I need to look at. I also like the tagging feature, which allows me to know if anything needs my immediate attention instead of being seen an hour later.

Cons

There seems to be a bit of glitching regularly occurring. I have to refresh frequently. I also don't like that I can't view my tasks in a side bar, but rather have to go to a separate page.

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Review of Easy Projects

Reviewed on 2019-01-09

Pros

I like that every step in the process is documented. That's helpful for projects that renew annually.

Cons

It's easy to make mistakes - forget to load a date or a person. If that happens, projects sit there until someone notices it. I will there was an automatic trigger that wouldn't let you move on until you've filled out all the appropriate fields or a reminder that would be sent if a project doesn't not have complete info.

Gifford D.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Easy Projects is just that Easy

Reviewed on 2017-09-06

Pros

Easy Projects is very intuitive and easy to use. Easy time logging and task creation. Great customer support and quick response time.

Cons

Better resource loading tool that also allows managers to do allocation leveling. Easier budget tools

Hina D.

Helps with Visual reporting

Reviewed on 2018-02-18

Pros

EasyProjects is another PMS tool which helps us managing projects and the custom reporting. The reporting helps us see the project details and the status easily. The dashboard helps looking at the visuals well.

Robert (solomon) T.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

It lives up to its title

Reviewed on 2021-10-12

It's a competent product that does everything I need it to do. I do have some gripes with how it's laid out, but overall it's good at doing everything I need it to do.

Pros

This software is a solid resource for getting updates on projects. I know immediately when a new task is created, both through email and push notifications. The ability to review older projects is also beneficial when documenting my invoices.

Cons

The layout is somewhat unintuitive. Even as a digital native, I've had difficulty navigating between different projects, and I am still confused as to why tasks are split between a landing page and a separate message board. On the other hand, that may be due to the way my company creates their tasks.

Phoa D.

• Customer Support Software

Good choice for management.

Reviewed on 2018-06-09

It is keep me on track and updated info

Pros

It is easier for me to keep track some of my task, due date, time spending for the managament project.

Cons

The function and apperance of the software still is have a little difficult for new member to use it efficiently.

Matthew J.

• Customer Support Software

Easy Projects keeps everything organized and simple to view, while making it easier to...

Reviewed on 2018-02-07

Pros

I really like the way it formats projects and allows you to see projects and task in a very linear, yet visual way. The customer service chat bar is also really helpful and responsive. Nothing about the foundation of this program is too difficult or hard to learn, and there is a lot of future capabilities possible.

Cons

Some of the future capabilities are still in progress. For example, the Kaban boards are functional and work, yet there are still some ways that they can expand the usefulness of the feature. It is a big up and coming project management software with a lot of potential.

Aaron

Reviewed on 2013-02-20

Easy Projects has increased our productivity and saved us our most valuable resources, time and money.

Until this past year we had relied on Microsoft Project for 100% of our project management needs.

It was becoming obvious as our project grew that the current system was not a cost effective or productive solution.

It was expensive to license, resource intensive, and difficult if not impossible for most of our users to utilize in an effective, time efficient manner.

Easy Projects has been an easy decision for us. We’re spending a quarter of the time and money we needed to invest in our prior systems and we’re seeing twice the results.

We no longer need a stand alone server just to run the system like we did with our MS project server. EasyProjects requires little in resources and is a breeze to install on any existing web server.

Additionally we no longer have to spend large amounts of time training our users. The interface is intuitive and easy to use. We’re spending far more time now working on our projects and less time entering information into the tracking system.

Vickie S.

• Customer Support Software

I use the system to request design and development of creative assets and materials.

Reviewed on 2018-03-14

Pros

Organized manner to assign and keep track of work development. Good record of projects, resources and timing. Good theory for integrated collaborative vehicle. Need to promote mobile app (I need to take time to see how I might use this) and encourage clients on best practices for mobile usage.

Cons

I don't use it enough and the way we use it internally rquires access to our server for design files instead of providing files in easy projects. This isn't convenient - particularly since many of us are mobile/on the go and not at a PC. I also can never easily find stuff in there without searching for it. Would be great if there was an automated dashboard and user home screen that was personalized according to usage.

Ruth L.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

It is great to keep track of my activities.

Reviewed on 2018-03-15

Keeping track of what I accomplished. There is a benifit to being able to look back months from now to see exactly what I was working on.

Pros

I am able to record what I accomplished and keep track of a projects assignments. I am able to determine if I am on track with projected hours.

Cons

There are several ways to record time and it took me a few times to figure out my favorite view. Editing the history is tricky.