DoorLoop

Rental property management software. 50% off two months.

Customer Support Software
4.9/5

Eli

Best support by far

Reviewed on 11/6/2020

Truly revolutionary for our business. We definitely will be recommending this to others!

Pros

The training, onboarding, migration, and support. Getting started couldn't have been easier thanks to them holding our hand and walking us through the entire process. Switching from appfolio was no easy task, but they made it as quick and painless as possible.

Cons

They don't have every bell and whistle yet, but then again, we never really used them before either. This product is way more intuitive and user friendly since it hasn't been cluttered yet with an endless amount of features that no one uses.

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

Never felt like the software was the right fit for us. It was expensive, hard to use, and took forever to train new employees and managers. We've had some issues in the past that were never resolved, and one was a dealbreaker.

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

The responsiveness of their team - they contacted me right away and significantly faster than Yardi.
Maxwell

Doorloop is your one stop shop for Property Management

Reviewed on 11/22/2022

It's been amazing.

Pros

It's very scalable and is perfect right now with your current volume, but most importantly, Doorloop is there and ready to grow with us. It's great to manage 5 units or 50 units. It's straightforward to get set up and they thought of everything. It's simple to use and we're super happy with it!

Cons

Free DocuSign integration with our current DocuSign account would be the absolute only thing we need. I would maybe like a better file management system that might include company-wide docs and templates.

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

I've looked at lots of property management solutions but this was the only software I even considered because it was clear it was above all others. OMG and their App
Timothy

Great software for Apartment and Property Management

Reviewed on 12/23/2022

Overall experience is a positive one. Anytime we need help, the Help Chat feature provides quick and easy support, and all employees are very friendly and knowledgeable.

Pros

I like the most about DoorLoop because it is easy to use and keeps my properties, tenants and rental payment information organized.

Cons

I have a lot of master leases by one organization, and I can not connect the same email to different leases.

Jim
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Tenants tracking

Reviewed on 1/10/2022

Great customer service

Pros

I like to keep a track of tenant payment

Cons

Too confusing I wish it was updated and easier to use

Response from DoorLoop

Hey Jim, thank you so much for your feedback. Super happy you love our customer service! We've reached out to get your thoughts on how we can improve but your voicemail is full. Please reach out anytime as we would love to speak.

Waylon

Still learning

Reviewed on 11/3/2022

My experience has been very good because of the team. I am still confused with some of the software and reports but this is my first dive I. To property management.

Pros

This software has one huge advantage and that’s the customer service. Free unlimited one on one training sessions is worth its weight in gold. A lot of software out there on the market but none with this level of training.

Cons

I would say thier is a major learning curve. The software is still evolving so there is things it doesn't have that it needs but is in the works.

AppFolio Property Manager and Buildium

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

The sales agent and lack of willingness of appfolio to grow with you.

Response from DoorLoop

Thank you for your kind words, Waylon! We are so happy that DoorLoop's customer service has been helpful to you.

As far as ease of use goes: we try our best to make DoorLoop as intuitive as possible, and our world-class customer service team is a big part of that, in addition to our clean interface. If you ever want to learn more about navigating the software, don't hesitate to schedule a call with us!

Lisa

Door Loop Review from Perfect Property

Reviewed on 1/24/2023

If I have a problem with Door Loop, the chat box is there to guide me or answer any question along with a preview to help me understand the process.

Pros

The Door Loop platform is very user friendly once you learn the ins and outs.

Cons

At the moment there is nothing that stands out that I do not like about Door Loop.

Dana

Very User Friendly!

Reviewed on 1/16/2023

Pros

The ease of navigating the software cannot be beat! I have used a variety of softwares over my career, but am new to property management. DoorLoop is so nice to use after using our prior software which is very cumbersome to manuever through.

Cons

The Reports options in how you can run reports should be expanded.

Heather

Great

Reviewed on 12/3/2022

Great and customer service is terrific !

Pros

Easy to navigate and add properties to the system

Cons

wish all/ more websites were available to advertises the new listings

Joey

The Wesley’s

Reviewed on 11/29/2022

Pros

Easy to use. User friendly. I love the mobile app

Cons

I would love to be able to upload folders to the tenants to organize pictures better

Amy

User Friendly Property Management Software

Reviewed on 1/10/2023

It's been great. Customer service is top notch.

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to maneuver between features.

Cons

Not any - there is a lot to learn and lots of integrations. But there's always someone there to help.

Peter

Great software

Reviewed on 8/29/2022

We are now able to have all our property information, project tracking, accounting, property management, and reporting in one place that allows all our team members to use the software how they need to. Very effective tool for our business that helps our team members track and report their individual responsibilities.

Pros

We needed an all in one solution for residential, commercial, short term, and construction projects. Although DoorLoop isn't made for some of these, it was very easy to implement their features for all of our needs (Their task tracking and accounting are super helpful in project management)

Cons

Seems like there are some small features that they don't have that would be very useful. For example, no short term rental feature, only month to month or fixed term leasing periods.

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

Was a cheap option that was good for tracking a few residential properties, when we merged the management of all our properties, we needed a more robust flexible solution.

RentRedi

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

DoorLoop and Yardi had about the same features at around the same price point. The task Tracking in DoorLoop was much better, and in general DoorLoop seemed more user friendly and flexible.
ali

• Customer Support Software

Beat QB and few other PM software that i already tried

Reviewed on 8/2/2022

It has been an absolute pleasure and amazing customer service, good customer service means nothing if the product is a no go but with these guys its best of both worlds.

Pros

It has been an absolute pleasure working with DL. Very well thought off software. The accounting modual definitely beat QB and I am a heavy user of QB. Having everything in one place make it very easy to manage the accounting aspect of PM but also other type of work that I do. I am currently using this software for some of my loan management for example and I cant wait until they open up the API and allow for some customizations because at the point this can even replace my CRM

Cons

Need open API's pleasse and intergrations, also the ability to customize some of the fields. For example would be amazing if we can rename some of the tabs. One last thing, please allow us to upload an attachment to payments it just seems like an easy fix

Response from DoorLoop

Thank you so much, Ali! We are so happy to hear that our full-scale accounting features have been a great resource for you. As far as API goes, DoorLoop does have an open API as well as an integration with Zapier that helps you integrate with hundreds of other platforms.

When it comes to attachments, you are able to upload those within DoorLoop! For more specific instructions on how that applies to payments, definitely reach out to our support via chat, email, or phone.

Customizability is super important to us, so we will pass your suggestion along to our dev team and add it to our roadmap. Thank you again!

Sofia

Great Team at Doorloop

Reviewed on 7/15/2022

So far, the team at door loop is what has made it for me! My demo guy, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] really sold me on the product on how easy it was to navigate with his great explanation of showing me how the software worked and asking me what I was really looking to gain from the product. Since on Boarding, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been an absolute gem. He answers all of my questions and will make time for questions whenever needed! I also appreciate his frequent check ins because it lets me know I'm never alone in learning this software. Overall, incredibly enjoyable to work with.

Pros

I like how esthetically pleasing the software looks. Once in, it is easy to navigate and just on click away from going back to where you started. I also like that I can go to different area's within each section to seamlessly make my way through the Platform.

Cons

I wish there was a way to receive a payment without having to request then deposit payment in the scenario of backtracking data for a new property.

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

Not user friendly and required a lot of additional and repetitive input.

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

The search engine brought Doorloop to the top. After reviewing the great reviews on Capterra, I decided to check it out.
David

• Customer Support Software

The technology I’ve been waiting for

Reviewed on 12/14/2020

No software can do every single thing I ever imagined, but with their API, I can most likely accomplish it.

Pros

Definitely the technology of the entire platform. Being a property manager who dabbles in software development, I wanted a software that used the latest and great tech stack that was fast, responsive, mobile-friendly, and could keep up with our needs as we scale the business and our portfolio.

Cons

API documentation could be improved, but I figured it out.

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

I needed something more robust than my 20 page Google Sheets with custom macros and data-pulls. Doorloop has an open API that gives me the capabilities to continue building advanced modules on top of their platform, giving us unlimited customization. It’s kind of like SalesForce but for property management, and without the costs of SF.

Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

They were also a new platform, but they didn’t have an API. Almost every other software I tested was built 15+ years ago making their coding language outdated and obsolete. It’s nearly impossible for these companies to compete (tech wise) with a platform built with today’s best programming capabilities. Think MySpace VS Facebook, or Blackberry VS iPhone.

• Customer Support Software

Automated my business and portfolio

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Pros

The main reason we chose Doorloop is because we were spending too much time manually creating leases and renewals in microsoft word. Our staff was getting bogged down and couldn't keep up with the work so we urgently needed a program to help us automate as much as possible. Now we've setup templates and workflows to automate our leasing process, from sorting through our prospective tenants, to sending online calendars to schedule walkthroughs, to screening tenants, to renters insurance, and more. It's saved us a considerable amount of time so far.

Cons

Not every single thing is able to be automated yet, but I put in some suggestions and it seems like it's moving in the right direction. Like everything else, setup takes a bit of time, but after it's all done, we are saving much more time and getting more work done with the same amount of staff.

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

They specialized in automation and the other platforms we reviewed didn't.
Michael

More than what I need

Reviewed on 1/25/2021

Pros

Although I know I am not the typical customer, I use DL to manage a few of my personal investment rentals. I liked the automation aspect of the program. Since this isn’t my full-time job, I’m not able to be hands on all day and I needed a solution to automate as much as possible from rent collection, reminders, listings, lease renewals, and personal task reminders and deadlines. I don’t use all the bells and whistles but it gets the job done for what I’m looking for.

Cons

There is A LOT this software offers and I hope to one day use more of it when I have the bandwidth.

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

Monday was great for task management, but not for property management.

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

They were more focused on PM.
Jason

Property Management Accounting Done Right

Reviewed on 11/24/2020

Pros

We chose Doorloop because of the property management accounting capabilities. It did everything we wanted and checked off every box on our list plus more. We can now run financial statements for each individual property. We can see profit & loss reports per property. We can maintain double-entry accounting accuracy. Doorloop comes pre-built with many reports we can use out of the box. They did most of the hard work for us which we really appreciated.

Cons

Waiting on an integration with Quickbooks.

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

They did not have any accounting capabilities. We mostly used them for project and task management.

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

Too complicated and expensive to use
Michael

Baldwin Park Review

Reviewed on 10/21/2022

I dont have much to compare it to, its the only portal we have used, but we like it.

Pros

Overall ease of use via the internet. Getting away from cash payments saves a lot of time.

Cons

Not being able to change the building and unit number on an active lease is quite annoying. We have to make an active lease in order to charge someone a hold on and apartment, but if we move them to a new unit before they move in we have to create a whole new lease, and the old one what disappear because it has a $100 charge on it.

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

They denied out bank for some unfair reason, so we couldnt accept rent payments.

I've already answered this

Response from DoorLoop

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for your input! We're so glad that DoorLoop's ease of use has been helpful for your business.

Thank you for your feedback regarding leases! We're always working to make our lease management features as user-friendly and effective as possible, and we encourage you to be on the lookout for exciting feature updates for leases in the months to come.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Dean
  • Industry: Investment Management Software

Lease Management

Reviewed on 2/9/2022

Love the overall performance of the software and the personalized onboarding process.

Pros

The ease of organizing prospects and tenants.
Collecting rents and alerts and announcements

Cons

I would like to see lease renewals linked to tenants emails and alerts sent to tenants when renewals are coming due.
Would also like to see rents and security deposits able to be directly deposited into operating and escrow deposits as directed.

Kenneth

Support is so Much Better than Buildium

Reviewed on 10/18/2022

All of the support team are great and extremelu helpful...[SENSITIVE CONTENT] GIVE HER A RAISE!

Pros

The company support is EXCELLENT. Videos are good on line; Chat will get you going if your stuck and scheduled zoom sessions are super. Support can even gain your permission to look deeper if needed.

Cons

Reports are not as detailed. Profit and Loss should have detailed optional reporting listing all transactions per category.

Response from DoorLoop

Thank you, Kenneth! We're overjoyed to know that you've had a great experience with our awesome support team. We appreciate your feedback on reports. We're proud to offer advanced reporting and are always aiming to further expand DoorLoop's reporting capabilities based on our users' requests, so keep an eye out for updates to come. Thanks again!

Jason

Fast customer service

Reviewed on 12/14/2020

Can’t say enough great things about their software and support.

Pros

This software has the best customer service than any other PMS I’ve worked with. I’ve used Yardi, AppFolio, and Buildium in previous companies, and I never had a great experience when I needed help. Sure, they would answer my questions, but it could take anywhere from a few hours to days. With doorloop, it’s not unusual to get an answer within minutes. These are also American English speaking reps that are in the same timezone as us. Even though they don’t offer support on weekends, they still respond to my tickets if it’s important.

Cons

Although it’s a good security feature, I don’t want to always have to login with a code sent to my phone. I wish the industry in general came up with an easier method (webcam face recognition?).

Jarred

• Customer Support Software

Phenomenal software. Amazing customer service.

Reviewed on 11/16/2020

Pros

Where to begin... The customer service is beyond amazing. They really take time to answer all of your questions (which given how easy the software is to use, I really didn't have many). But they also check in to see how I am doing/liking the software (loving it!). Frankly, it's one of the only companies that makes me feel like they actually appreciate my business.

Also, using the software on the go (on my phone and iPad), could not be easier. Plus all of the same features I use via my computer are also available when I use it on the go.

Finally, DoorLoop's software is clearly comprehensive, but still it looks and feels aesthetically beautiful and is super-fast. It seems like they already know what I am going to do next, that's how quickly pages load up.

Cons

If only their "notes" section allowed me to put in more characters. However, given my experience with their customer service, I called and told them this. Not only did they take my suggestion seriously, but they also told me that they would pass the request along to their development team to get that change on the schedule.

Heath

• Customer Support Software

Great UI and new features added frequently.

Reviewed on 4/18/2022

DoorLoop has really simplified our property management, first in collection of rent, second in accounting of rent, and third in having a centralized place to manage so, so much. I was initially looking into a separate accounting system that could report by project, but DoorLoop already handles everything we need in that regard. Simple reporting for our accountant made tax time a breeze.

Pros

DoorLoop is an already great product with a very smooth, modern interface and the company keeps adding features, including some I didn't know I needed until it arrives! :-) Best of all, the support is exceptional.

Cons

The company-wide vs property-specific settings can sometimes get confusing because there are so many options. Also, a few features are hidden gems that take some effort to ferret out. The support is fantastic, and they sometimes reply after hours, but posted support hours are limited, especially for people on the other side of the country.

Jessica

Property Management Company

Reviewed on 9/28/2022

Great so far! Good customer service

Pros

The simplicity of it! Very user friendly.

Cons

If rental application fee's could be refunded / not charged to the prospect and charge to the administrator of the software.

Kim

• Customer Support Software

Peace of mind for my business

Reviewed on 7/29/2022

DoorLoop has been very attentive to any questions or needs that I have and can easily explain to me either through a chat or a phone call what I am looking for it answers.

Pros

The tenant portal is crucial for me. Being able to track payments and keep notes with agreements on file for tenants to see works perfect and I’m not scrambling trying to find these items when not in one location.

Cons

Navigating through the financial part i.e. accounting is not needed but I can use it to track other expenses separately out of QuickBooks.

Quickbooks Online