DoorLoop

Rental property management software. 50% off two months.

Customer Support Software
5.0/5

Irving

• Customer Support Software

The easiest and most affordable

Reviewed on 2020-11-06

Pros

Definitely the ease of use. Our last software took us months to figure out, and cost a fortune for training. After a few painful years, we finally made the switch because they didn't have certain features we wanted that doorloop offered. To say the software is easy to use is an understatement. We only needed two training sessions (an hour each), and felt like we were proficient enough to get going. What took months before, not only took a matter of days. It definitely took the pain out of migration and training.

Cons

I'm still waiting for the Zapier integration to be fully connected with all the apps so we can start doing some automation with our other programs.

AppFolio Property Manager and Yardi Voyager

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

Because I felt like we had to be accountants to use the software. It took 45 minutes to reach tech support which simply wasn't acceptable when we have a growing business to run.

Buildium

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

The cost and ease of use
Matthew

The best parts of Gmail and Quickbooks Combined

Reviewed on 2022-08-15

So far I have been extremely satisfied and my experience seems to only be getting better and better. The support has made the clunky transition between PM software way less daunting.

Pros

I was drawn in by the aesthetic and features of the platform, captivated by the intuitive, simple, and effective features, and wow'ed by the above and beyond customer service.

I was previously using quickbooks and it was a little clunky and relative overkill for what we needed out of our accounting software. This simplified the process while consolidating the management side of what we needed. Having multiple properties across multiple LLCs manageable from one screen is already a big time saver.

Cons

Most of the features that are missing are currently being added. One things I would be interested in seeing is a way to pull information from receipts to auto populate into bill pay fields (though, I realized this is a feature that is a bit more complicated to add). The fact that you can attach photos and documents to each bill satisfies that for me.

Buildium and Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

More streamlined software to manage multiple properties and automate our accounting.

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

Ultimately the User Interface sold me. However the customer service really has blown me away.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

No Training on the program

Reviewed on 2022-05-11

I called to get help on the program was not working properly. They told me I had to upgrade the account. In order to help me. Then he wrote back and told me he hasn’t heard from me and he was going to close out my account after they have already collected the money! Don’t use [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!
I have never been treated so rude from this company. I always used [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and he was always very helpful!

Pros

The product was easy to use when it worked right kept all the information together that was needed
If it would keep the numbers correct it would have been a great program. It does not work for me. They need more training on the program and better communication.

Cons

The software did not keep the records correct and you could not delete anything unless you call someone.

Response from DoorLoop

This is clearly a fake review and we have submitted a ticket with Gartner to remove it. We always offer unlimited free support and training to anyone regardless of what plan they're on, even if they're not a paying member yet. Why would we tell a paying customer we are going to close their account if they are paying us? Nothing makes sense in this review for a reason, because it's not real.

Peter

Great software

Reviewed on 2022-08-29

We are now able to have all our property information, project tracking, accounting, property management, and reporting in one place that allows all our team members to use the software how they need to. Very effective tool for our business that helps our team members track and report their individual responsibilities.

Pros

We needed an all in one solution for residential, commercial, short term, and construction projects. Although DoorLoop isn't made for some of these, it was very easy to implement their features for all of our needs (Their task tracking and accounting are super helpful in project management)

Cons

Seems like there are some small features that they don't have that would be very useful. For example, no short term rental feature, only month to month or fixed term leasing periods.

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

Was a cheap option that was good for tracking a few residential properties, when we merged the management of all our properties, we needed a more robust flexible solution.

RentRedi

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

DoorLoop and Yardi had about the same features at around the same price point. The task Tracking in DoorLoop was much better, and in general DoorLoop seemed more user friendly and flexible.
Andrew

• Customer Support Software

An amazing company with a stellar team!

Reviewed on 2022-07-26

Doorloop has streamlined our daily workflow in many ways. The best part of working with Doorloop is the customer service. STELLAR!

Pros

It comes down to service. Our previous provider lacked quality customer service. Doorloop is a breath of fresh air. They truly go out of their way to make this product the best it can be and to assist in training. The ENTIRE team is amazing. Special kudos to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] who consistently overcome hurdles we have faced and make this product perfect for our organization. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] makes is clear on a daily basis that his job doesn't stop with sales, he has become like a friend and he goes out of his way to be helpful! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is the best, always sticks to his promises and figures out new ways to impress us on a daily basis!

Cons

Onboarding with a new software after 8 years with our previous company was tough, but Doorloop went above and beyond to walk us through every step and make it so much easier.

ali

• Customer Support Software

Beat QB and few other PM software that i already tried

Reviewed on 2022-08-02

It has been an absolute pleasure and amazing customer service, good customer service means nothing if the product is a no go but with these guys its best of both worlds.

Pros

It has been an absolute pleasure working with DL. Very well thought off software. The accounting modual definitely beat QB and I am a heavy user of QB. Having everything in one place make it very easy to manage the accounting aspect of PM but also other type of work that I do. I am currently using this software for some of my loan management for example and I cant wait until they open up the API and allow for some customizations because at the point this can even replace my CRM

Cons

Need open API's pleasse and intergrations, also the ability to customize some of the fields. For example would be amazing if we can rename some of the tabs. One last thing, please allow us to upload an attachment to payments it just seems like an easy fix

Response from DoorLoop

Thank you so much, Ali! We are so happy to hear that our full-scale accounting features have been a great resource for you. As far as API goes, DoorLoop does have an open API as well as an integration with Zapier that helps you integrate with hundreds of other platforms.

When it comes to attachments, you are able to upload those within DoorLoop! For more specific instructions on how that applies to payments, definitely reach out to our support via chat, email, or phone.

Customizability is super important to us, so we will pass your suggestion along to our dev team and add it to our roadmap. Thank you again!

Aaron

Great Value, Fresh Look to Property Management, Missing Mid-Term Market

Reviewed on 2022-09-17

We are a small real estate investment business that is growing. We needed to move away from the manual and paper way of doing business to expand and provide a better solution for our tenants. DoorLoop hits the mark to get make that transition and get started.

Pros

The UI is very intuitive and the features cover most of the necessary aspects of owning and managing a rental property.

Cons

Communication with the tenants. I like the ability to make announcements, but it would be even better to have threaded discussions with the tenants where the communication can be tracked and referenced later. The other piece that is missing is connecting with Furnished Finders [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for posting rentals and managing communication. The mid-term furnished rental market is not being served by any property management software. We require a blend between short-term and long-term features. Everyone is going after short-term (AirBNB) and long-term. There is a huge market for this and a giant void.

Propertyware, Guesty For Hosts and Buildium

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

Great value. I could tell it was a new thoughtful UX approach to property management. The features were priced right and are the right ones.

Response from DoorLoop

Hi, Aaron - thank you so much for your review! It's so great to hear that DoorLoop's intuitive interface and features have been assets to your business. We definitely hear your constructive feedback. We're thrilled to have recently announced that DoorLoop has raised $20M in Series A funding, which will enable us to further develop our product roadmap and expand the portfolio types we're able to support. You are correct that all announcements are logged. On top of that, logs are automatically kept of all tenant requests and any communication that happens within them. Communication features are extremely important to us, and we look forward to continuing to expand the ones found within our software, especially with the newly expanded array of resources at our disposal. Thank you so much for being a part of the Looper family, and we can't wait to keep growing with you!

Orlando

Terrific Property Management Software

Reviewed on 2022-08-21

My first time managing over 20 properties, residential commercial and mixed and I could not have imagined a better experience. Would choose DoorLoop all over again and recommend without reservation to others seeking property management software.

Pros

Incredibly easy to use and outstanding extremely fast support

Cons

Would like to see after hours support, would like a “go back” button to click, awaiting Spanish version

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

Great presentation online, amazing reviews and affordability
Aleksei

• Customer Support Software

The best software for a new property management company

Reviewed on 2022-08-17

It's great. I used to use the Yardi and Appfolio, and this one is much better than Yardi and is the same as easy to use as an Appfolio but much more affordable.

Pros

Affordable, 24/7 live support, the friendly interface as you get an Iphone.

Cons

The bank account connecting feature needs to be improved, and looking forward to the feature for the maintenance team to assign them the work orders, get the time sheets, and wait for the tenants' build-in answering service.

Features, 24/7 support, price, friendly interface
Rhiannon

• Customer Support Software

DoorLoop has tremendously helped our rental property business!

Reviewed on 2022-08-26

We have loved using this software and plan to continue to use it.

Pros

It is very user-friendly and flows nicely. It allows we to visualize all aspects of our business in a cohesive way and helps me to stay organized and keep track of our expenses.

Cons

I wish there weren't different tiered brackets with higher associated fees. Even the basic plan is a bit much for our budget and we don't get access to phone support and additional features.

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

Quickbooks was not rental property-friendly.

Quickbooks Online

Response from DoorLoop

Hi Rhiannon - thank you so much for your kind words! We are so glad to know that DoorLoop's ease of use has been helpful. As far as pricing goes: we hear you, and it's important to us to keep our prices as low as possible while still remaining competitive for the features that we offer. We always want to make sure you're taken care of. If you ever have a question about the software, we will do everything we can do provide the best support possible in minutes! Thank you again for your review and for being a part of the Looper family.

Izhak

• Customer Support Software

Incredible reporting and robust accounting

Reviewed on 2020-12-13

Pros

I have known many of the founders for several years and they have an impressive record of successful ventures, so I was lucky enough to get invited for an early access trial. So far I've found it to be incredibly intuitive, easy to use and above all the speed with which I can generate my reports is incredible. From a tenant perspective, the portal has greatly improved my communication and allowed me to easily track maintenance requests submitted by my tenants. I'm excited to grow with the product and already see huge benefits implementing this into my business.

Cons

As I noted, I'm one of the first users to gain access to the system so it's still missing some small features, however after speaking with their support team, even the smallest functionality I will need for my business is on their roadmap to be released over the next couple of quarters.

Propertyware

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

The reporting was the biggest draw for me as being able to get a quick and clear picture of everything that's going on is vital for me to be successful

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

The detailed accounting system was a huge part of why I decided to go with DoorLoop as it means I no longer have need for QuickBooks
Gayle

Amazing and Simple

Reviewed on 2022-03-07

It’s just 100% positive. What else can I say? I can honestly say I have never in my life said that about a piece of software or a commercial product. The combination of thoughtful product development that can be customized to your specific needs, and the level of support from live people is so refreshing I. This age of AI and automated everything often makes getting help a challenge and takes great chunks of time. Not with this product!

Pros

The support team from Doorloop is the very best in the business. They are always there, even when they are closed! I am impressed beyond words at how fast, friendly and smart they are. If you are working on an issue at 10 at night, you will have help by the next morning. If you wish you could do something beyond the software’s capacity, they will review the thought and if feasible the programmers get on it, and you’ve got it. They help correct your mistakes too, so the boss doesn’t see your stupidity!

Cons

Sometimes I get confused about where a certain feature can be found and I have to mess around. I think that is me, not the program. Some features I use more than others so it is just from a learning curve.

Buildium

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

Personal support and outside references
Kimberly

• Customer Support Software

The support couldn't be better!

Reviewed on 2022-05-05

Property management is a new adventure for us and the support we have received throughout the process has been outstanding. From the chat to video calls, I have never been disappointed or unable to get an issue addressed.

Pros

I really appreciate how intuitive the software is and that there are multiple ways to get to the same place. The way the different features connect to others allow for efficient use of both time and effort for all users. Even if they are accessing through the app. This is well thought out and designed software.

Cons

The hardest part has been vocabulary - some items a called something different than what we call them and getting that lined out was a challenge.

AppFolio Property Manager, RealPage and Buildium

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

While DoorLoop didn't have all the features we were looking for, to a person they did everything to win our business. From the sales team to the onboarding. Most property management software does the same things, it is the people that make the difference.
Tami

We Love DoorLoop!

Reviewed on 2022-03-08

Everything that is important to us is integrated in DoorLoop and their customer service has been fantastic to get us up and running quickly.

Pros

We fired our property manager and looked for the best software solution for managing our properties. I had a long checklist because we had used Appfolio in the past… DoorLoop was the stand out best solution! It has all the functions of pricey management software at an affordable price and the customer service cannot be beat!

Cons

We are still learning the software and have not used all of the integrated functions yet. No complaints!

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

Parted ways with property management company and needed a software solution.

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

It has all of the functions we want at a reasonable price and is easy to use.
Bonnie

Lease Management

Reviewed on 2022-07-08

The ability for clients to pay on-line, email maintenance requests, track upcoming lease expirations and renewals are great. My overall experience has been positive.

Pros

I like having all of my contracts and client background information in one place. My clients have the option to pay on-line and post maintenance requests. Reconciling debits and credits are straight forward. I have been able to make changes easily as my business needs have changed. Reliable tech support and easy to follow written instructions to common problems online. Ability to add additional administrators to access information and setting up recurring payments is also helpful.

Cons

Integration with my business was easy with the help of online pre-scheduled meetings with Doorloop technicians.

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

Doorloop is geared more to my specific business needs for Property Management.
Eli

Best support by far

Reviewed on 2020-11-06

Truly revolutionary for our business. We definitely will be recommending this to others!

Pros

The training, onboarding, migration, and support. Getting started couldn't have been easier thanks to them holding our hand and walking us through the entire process. Switching from appfolio was no easy task, but they made it as quick and painless as possible.

Cons

They don't have every bell and whistle yet, but then again, we never really used them before either. This product is way more intuitive and user friendly since it hasn't been cluttered yet with an endless amount of features that no one uses.

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

Never felt like the software was the right fit for us. It was expensive, hard to use, and took forever to train new employees and managers. We've had some issues in the past that were never resolved, and one was a dealbreaker.

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

The responsiveness of their team - they contacted me right away and significantly faster than Yardi.
Sofia

Great Team at Doorloop

Reviewed on 2022-07-15

So far, the team at door loop is what has made it for me! My demo guy, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] really sold me on the product on how easy it was to navigate with his great explanation of showing me how the software worked and asking me what I was really looking to gain from the product. Since on Boarding, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been an absolute gem. He answers all of my questions and will make time for questions whenever needed! I also appreciate his frequent check ins because it lets me know I'm never alone in learning this software. Overall, incredibly enjoyable to work with.

Pros

I like how esthetically pleasing the software looks. Once in, it is easy to navigate and just on click away from going back to where you started. I also like that I can go to different area's within each section to seamlessly make my way through the Platform.

Cons

I wish there was a way to receive a payment without having to request then deposit payment in the scenario of backtracking data for a new property.

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

Not user friendly and required a lot of additional and repetitive input.

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

The search engine brought Doorloop to the top. After reviewing the great reviews on Capterra, I decided to check it out.
David

• Customer Support Software

The technology I’ve been waiting for

Reviewed on 2020-12-14

No software can do every single thing I ever imagined, but with their API, I can most likely accomplish it.

Pros

Definitely the technology of the entire platform. Being a property manager who dabbles in software development, I wanted a software that used the latest and great tech stack that was fast, responsive, mobile-friendly, and could keep up with our needs as we scale the business and our portfolio.

Cons

API documentation could be improved, but I figured it out.

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

I needed something more robust than my 20 page Google Sheets with custom macros and data-pulls. Doorloop has an open API that gives me the capabilities to continue building advanced modules on top of their platform, giving us unlimited customization. It’s kind of like SalesForce but for property management, and without the costs of SF.

Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

They were also a new platform, but they didn’t have an API. Almost every other software I tested was built 15+ years ago making their coding language outdated and obsolete. It’s nearly impossible for these companies to compete (tech wise) with a platform built with today’s best programming capabilities. Think MySpace VS Facebook, or Blackberry VS iPhone.
Marlana

The Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2022-04-22

I cannot rave enough about the customer service through door loop. A honestly make you feel like you are their only client Go above and beyond any time I need their assistance.

Pros

This software had everything that I needed with a lot of additional features that I didn't realize I was missing.

Cons

I can't seem to find any cons to this software whatsoever. All of the features are very simple and user friendly.

RemoteLandlord

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

Initially you are always rolling the dice when starting up with new software. Door loop seemed to be very transparent and had every feature that I needed.
Tori
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate Software

• Customer Support Software

Great Software and Excellent Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2022-03-21

I have really enjoyed my experience with doorloop. It is a great place for me to keep all things assistant/property manager related. Their Customer Services is beyond what I have every experienced!! They are so helpful and patient. I personally needed assistance with accounting and they helped me beyond what I was expecting. They are super quick to respond and assist with any questions you have.

Pros

The onboarding was very simple. Everything you need is in one place! There is a small learning curve, like there is with any other software, but once you use it for a little bit it's super easy and intuitive. I love that it will send out rent reminders automatically and tenants are able to pay rent through their own portal. It shows on the dashboard still owes rent. Much more efficient than tracking through Excel. It is also easy to track your income and expenses.

Cons

No cons that I am aware of. Everything has been great!

AppFolio Property Manager and Buildium

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

Look at both of these and watched some youtube videos - personally liked the layout of DoorLoop better and it looked simpler to use.
William

Review of [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Reviewed on 2022-08-02

There are a couple of quality of life things that need improvement like being able to run reports on Units and not just properties.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] was an absolute superstar, I had previous support before with the same questions and the person was unable to help me. At the 30 minute mark this initial person bolted out like the Flash. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] on the other hand stayed 30 minutes past the time to ensure that I had all my questions answered and that Doorloop was reflecting the correct assets in my accounts.

Cons

Last person was potato. And the people in the chat are also not much help. Specially since they cant call you and you have to try and explain complex issues over chat. Never ends well.

Cost, UI

Response from DoorLoop

Hi William, we are so happy to hear that you had a great experience with our Support team. You can always count on us to reply within a few minutes via chat, and to schedule a call to go over more in-depth or complex items in order to make sure you're as well-set-up for success as possible. Thank you so much for your feedback!

• Customer Support Software

Automated my business and portfolio

Reviewed on 2020-11-12

Pros

The main reason we chose Doorloop is because we were spending too much time manually creating leases and renewals in microsoft word. Our staff was getting bogged down and couldn't keep up with the work so we urgently needed a program to help us automate as much as possible. Now we've setup templates and workflows to automate our leasing process, from sorting through our prospective tenants, to sending online calendars to schedule walkthroughs, to screening tenants, to renters insurance, and more. It's saved us a considerable amount of time so far.

Cons

Not every single thing is able to be automated yet, but I put in some suggestions and it seems like it's moving in the right direction. Like everything else, setup takes a bit of time, but after it's all done, we are saving much more time and getting more work done with the same amount of staff.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

They specialized in automation and the other platforms we reviewed didn't.
Dana

New Property Management - New Software

Reviewed on 2022-02-25

My experience with DoorLoop has been amazing! I tell anyone who will listen that they will be hard-pressed to find a property management program that is so easy to use, yet so comprehensive.

Pros

The ease of deployment within DoorLoop was fabulous. We were able to get up and running in literally days. The functionality for end-users is highly intuitive. Customer service at DoorLoop is unprecedented in their responsiveness and thoroughness when dealing with issues - large or small. I also appreciate the extreme willingness to listen to what users need and actually develop the product further.

Cons

The only "con" with our time in using DoorLoop is it IS a newer company/program. So some of the functionality is still being developed. That being said, I have yet to make a dev request and be told "no" - DoorLoop really listens to what is needed AND tries to understand why.

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

Price-point, functionality, and customer service
Aron

• Customer Support Software

Helps manage our buildings efficiently

Reviewed on 2021-01-31

With a development and software engineering background, I can confidently say this program is one of the best developed programs in the industry that utilizes the latest dev languages.

Pros

This was exactly what we were looking for in terms of office leasing, building management, and prospecting. Since we manage numerous buildings, we really liked the ability to have separate logins for each building with separate tenant portals, logos, designs, and more.

Cons

Nothing at the moment, but we’re still fairly new and learning the program.

Yardi Voyager

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

I’ve personally tried numerous other programs, and none of them had all the features we needed. There is a wide range of customization options available at our fingertips, from the ability to customize the tenant and owner portal, and even the emails that get sent to our residents. It really is a fully white-labeled solution.
Dean
  • Industry: Investment Management Software

Lease Management

Reviewed on 2022-02-09

Love the overall performance of the software and the personalized onboarding process.

Pros

The ease of organizing prospects and tenants.
Collecting rents and alerts and announcements

Cons

I would like to see lease renewals linked to tenants emails and alerts sent to tenants when renewals are coming due.
Would also like to see rents and security deposits able to be directly deposited into operating and escrow deposits as directed.