DoorLoop

Write a Review!
Save time, make more money and grow your portfolio.

Customer Support Software
4.9/5

Eli
Eli

Best support by far

Reviewed on 2020-11-06

Truly revolutionary for our business. We definitely will be recommending this to others!

Pros

The training, onboarding, migration, and support. Getting started couldn't have been easier thanks to them holding our hand and walking us through the entire process. Switching from appfolio was no easy task, but they made it as quick and painless as possible.

Cons

They don't have every bell and whistle yet, but then again, we never really used them before either. This product is way more intuitive and user friendly since it hasn't been cluttered yet with an endless amount of features that no one uses.

Yardi Breeze

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

Never felt like the software was the right fit for us. It was expensive, hard to use, and took forever to train new employees and managers. We've had some issues in the past that were never resolved, and one was a dealbreaker.

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

The responsiveness of their team - they contacted me right away and significantly faster than Yardi.
Trace

Trace's Review

Reviewed on 2024-04-09

I prefer doorloop over the various other systems on the market.

I prefer doorloop over the various other systems on the market.

Pros

Customization and Reports that can be ran through the system.

Cons

It can be difficult to track who still owes rent

Buildium

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

They disabled our merchant account with Forte.

Rentec Direct
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

No Training on the program

Reviewed on 2022-05-11

I called to get help on the program was not working properly. They told me I had to upgrade the account. In order to help me. Then he wrote back and told me he hasn’t heard from me and he was going to close out my account after they have already collected the money! Don’t use [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!
I have never been treated so rude from this company. I always used [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and he was always very helpful!

Pros

The product was easy to use when it worked right kept all the information together that was needed
If it would keep the numbers correct it would have been a great program. It does not work for me. They need more training on the program and better communication.

Cons

The software did not keep the records correct and you could not delete anything unless you call someone.

Response from DoorLoop

This is clearly a fake review and we have submitted a ticket with Gartner to remove it. We always offer unlimited free support and training to anyone regardless of what plan they're on, even if they're not a paying member yet. Why would we tell a paying customer we are going to close their account if they are paying us? Nothing makes sense in this review for a reason, because it's not real.

Brittany

DoorLoop- Best Property Management Software

Reviewed on 2024-03-01

Overall, this software has been essential to our business. We are very happy we made the choice to go with DoorLoop. I am so appreciative to their staff as they were very helpful as we got started and are always pretty prompt in responding to questions.

Pros

We like that this software keeps things organized and all in one place. We rely on the accounting feature as so much of property management relies on good bookkeeping.

Cons

As with all growing companies there are a few quirks about the software I would love to see develop better. One thing that has been a little bit awkward is when we onboard a property and the owner would like us to do some work before we rent it. The software has no way to let them contribute funds to their property. Our owners have ended up having to send a check in the mail. This has not been ideal.

AppFolio Property Manager and Buildium

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

We chose DoorLoop because of their affordability, their accounting capabilities and the user friendly development of the software.
Bernardus

Review from Software Developer with Signature Property Management

Reviewed on 2024-04-16

Pros

As a developer, I appreciate the intuitive UI and the excellent support network. Their response time is incredible and helpful every time.

Cons

I like everything about the service. However, from a developer's perspective, I think the onboarding process needs to become more automated. We were considered a "larger" company, so they hand-held us through the onboarding process but I can only imagine how much of a nightmare that will become once dozens of larger companies are coming and going every week.

Kelly

very satisfied user

Reviewed on 2024-04-05

Pros

my favorite feature is e-signature capabilities. i have templates uploaded, so its a quick fill in the blanks, then everybody signs thru email.

Cons

there is no decent way to keep track of garages

AppFolio Property Manager and Yardi Breeze

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

price was a huge factor and i liked the mobile app best on doorloop, for tenants and managers
eva
  • Industry: Investment Management Software

Eburrezz llc

Reviewed on 2024-04-03

this is a great investment considering all my properties are in another state I can handle requests fast and collect rent easily.

Pros

keeping up with payments and logging all conversation

Cons

payments take a few days to transfer to my bank.

RentRedi

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

the pricing customer service and hands-on help
Andrea

• Customer Support Software

LIFE IS BETTER WITH DOORLOOP - JUST DO IT!

Reviewed on 2024-04-30

I am very satisfied with my purchase and the staff's help.

I am very satisfied with my purchase and the staff's help.

Pros

The program is easy for a Novice to follow but, when you run into a road block, the Chat is not too chatty, which I'm pleased with and does not prevent you from communicating with a person. Results are also fast and very helpful.

Cons

I haven't found any yet as I am still new to the Program.

Cassie

• Customer Support Software

Fantastic product, amazing customer support.

Reviewed on 2024-04-28

Pros

I like the functionality and platform interface. Number 1 reason for choosing/staying was the prompt customer support.

Cons

It's not 100% user friendly for those without an accounting background and the pricing is a little higher than some others. Worth the tradeoff for the advantages though!

James

DoorLoop for self management

Reviewed on 2024-04-22

My overall experience using DoorLoop for the past year has been good.

My overall experience using DoorLoop for the past year has been good.

Pros

The program is fairly easy to setup, and the accounting features are good.

Cons

It is difficult to talk with Customer Service on the phone. They prefer you message them and the process is very ineffective.

AppFolio Property Manager

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

Pricing with DoorLoop was better and it seemed like it would be easier to use.
Parker

• Customer Support Software

Great for property managers and owners - from one door to many

Reviewed on 2023-10-12

Pros

The product is fairly intuitive and has role based access that can be customized for various users of the system. The customer support is great and the online help and training is very good as well. The doorloop team takes time and quickly answers questions/concerns. The product is also improved regularly with new features and options made available nearly monthly.

Cons

The one feature I miss would be the ability to move a tenant from unit A to unit B during the lease period. This may be an edge case but I have had a few times where a tenant had to move to another unit but kept the original lease - doorloop requires you start over on the lease to accomplish this at the moment.

Apartments.com Rental Manager

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

Feature set and overall cost of doorloop made it the preferred choice

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

The licensed version of apartments.com was too expensive in my opinion and lacked some of the overall features of doorloop in comparison.
Lynne

One Year of DoorLoop

Reviewed on 2023-11-16

The whole staff has been very pleasant to work with. Having a personal training person has been very appreciated. He has checked on my progress, kept in contact with me and made sure that the transition to DoorLoop went smoothly.
I have enjoyed the webinars that I have been able to attend. The information was very helpful.
I would recommend DoorLoop to any property owner or manager.

Pros

I have worked with DoorLoop for a year now. I have learned a lot from this program. It keeps excellent track of all of the rents, payments and financials for me. It has eased the management of my rentals.
All the updates they have done over the last year have made the whole programs even more efficient.

Cons

Very few things that I don't like. I wish units would be separated on the owner monthly report, for ease of identification.

SimplifyEm

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

Needed a program that would keep better track of all my properties with less individual input from me.

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

After working with the DoorLoop trial, I found that it was easier and did more of what my needs required

Response from DoorLoop

Lynne,

Thank you so much for leaving a review, we know that you're busy and your kind words mean so much to us.

We'll continue improving the system, and make sure that the product team hears about your request on how we could make DoorLoop even better!

Jess

Easy to use and Navigate

Reviewed on 2023-10-12

Pros

What I enjoy most about DoorLoop is the clean, easy to use software. I made the switch from another platform and DoorLoop has all the same features but in an easier to use application that looks clean and is simple to navigate. The flexible pricing options are wonderful as well, it made it great for when I was just starting out I could have a great software without paying a high monthly rate for one or two doors.

Cons

I haven't found anything at the moment that I don't like or would change with DoorLoop

Yardi Breeze

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

The pricing was more affordable and the navigation of Doorloop has been made so simple and clean. I love getting new properties set up

Buildium
Kevin

Door Loop review at 6 months

Reviewed on 2023-10-19

Very positive experience. Lining up the on-line rental payments has been a big plus & time saver.

Pros

The support has been terrific. Anticipated a learning curve after so many years of QB - but most features intuitive and help always there. I also like the flexibility & how the company listens to users and makes adjustments. I have recommended slight changes in features & they actually updated with those changes installed.

Cons

Nothing i really 'like least' - there seems to be a bit more of a learning curve - but program does more & it just takes time to understand all the features & steps to get to where you want

Andrew

• Customer Support Software

An amazing company with a stellar team!

Reviewed on 2022-07-26

Doorloop has streamlined our daily workflow in many ways. The best part of working with Doorloop is the customer service. STELLAR!

Pros

It comes down to service. Our previous provider lacked quality customer service. Doorloop is a breath of fresh air. They truly go out of their way to make this product the best it can be and to assist in training. The ENTIRE team is amazing. Special kudos to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] who consistently overcome hurdles we have faced and make this product perfect for our organization. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] makes is clear on a daily basis that his job doesn't stop with sales, he has become like a friend and he goes out of his way to be helpful! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is the best, always sticks to his promises and figures out new ways to impress us on a daily basis!

Cons

Onboarding with a new software after 8 years with our previous company was tough, but Doorloop went above and beyond to walk us through every step and make it so much easier.

Phillip
  • Industry: Hospitality

Would recommend DoorLoop

Reviewed on 2024-01-29

Pros

Ease of keeping track of Leases and tenants as well as payments on each apartment.

Cons

Honestly don't have anything we have not been able to work through with the help of support.

RentRedi, ManageCasa, Schedule My Rent and LandlordTracks

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

previous software didn't have the needed accounting reporting needed and DoorLoop was easier to navigate.

ManageCasa

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

didn't have reporting we needed for our accounting and DoorLoop was the cleanest and easiest to navigate through
Heidi

• Customer Support Software

Best Property Management Software out there!

Reviewed on 2024-01-21

Its great. I have used other software programs in the past and nothing compares. I give them 9/10! I see my business using DoorLoop for a very long time!

Pros

Everything! But I would have to say that the immediate online help center has been huge for me being new to this program. But also the overall ease of use and super friendly interface. Another major perk is the owner and tenant portals that your clients have 24/7 access to all their financials, rent payments, and maintenance needs.

Cons

I wish they could update or switch their outgoing payment processor. I do not like checkbook.io and how outdated it feels and looks. Also the processing time with them is too slow. I just end up transferring rents from my business bank account instead. Its an extra step for me, but I can get my clients/home owners paid way faster

ali

• Customer Support Software

Beat QB and few other PM software that i already tried

Reviewed on 2022-08-02

It has been an absolute pleasure and amazing customer service, good customer service means nothing if the product is a no go but with these guys its best of both worlds.

Pros

It has been an absolute pleasure working with DL. Very well thought off software. The accounting modual definitely beat QB and I am a heavy user of QB. Having everything in one place make it very easy to manage the accounting aspect of PM but also other type of work that I do. I am currently using this software for some of my loan management for example and I cant wait until they open up the API and allow for some customizations because at the point this can even replace my CRM

Cons

Need open API's pleasse and intergrations, also the ability to customize some of the fields. For example would be amazing if we can rename some of the tabs. One last thing, please allow us to upload an attachment to payments it just seems like an easy fix

Response from DoorLoop

Thank you so much, Ali! We are so happy to hear that our full-scale accounting features have been a great resource for you. As far as API goes, DoorLoop does have an open API as well as an integration with Zapier that helps you integrate with hundreds of other platforms.

When it comes to attachments, you are able to upload those within DoorLoop! For more specific instructions on how that applies to payments, definitely reach out to our support via chat, email, or phone.

Customizability is super important to us, so we will pass your suggestion along to our dev team and add it to our roadmap. Thank you again!

Spencer

Doorloop is great!

Reviewed on 2024-01-31

I would give Doorloop a 10/10. Great customer service and a great product. It has been essential for growing my business and streamlining processes.

Pros

Doorloop hs fantastic customer service. I can accomplish everything I need in Doorloop but when I run into a question or roadblock, it is easy to get an answer and get back up in running in a matter of minutes.

Cons

I was sad that there are no graphs or charts to show expense trends, NOI trends, revenue trends, etc. It would be nice to have a graph feature where you could easily see NOI by month and make sure you are trending in the right direction. I realize I can export to excel and create a graph but that is cumbersome.

TurboTenant and QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to DoorLoop

Good pricing, good product, and good user interface.
Jeffrey

• Customer Support Software

Polished and pretty, yet useful.

Reviewed on 2024-01-26

It's been up and down. Coming from appfolio, the transition wasn't the best... but it wasn't exactly any one person's fault. Our entire database wasn't exactly "ready" for the whole transition. It was underestimated.

Pros

How much detail is shown about leases, and options within tenant pages.

Cons

The lengthy animations of dialog boxes sliding and moving, as well as the inability to press enter, or space to be recognized as a basic left click for whatever box is selected.

Colin

Easy Product to Use for Property Management and Accounting

Reviewed on 2023-06-06

Pros

DoorLoop software is easy to use and the reporting at the property level is essential to making informed businesses decisions.

Cons

It would be great if DoorLoop had a history of journal entries so you could go back and audit if a mistake was made.

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Choosing DoorLoop

Needed detailed financial statements.

Microsoft Excel

Response from DoorLoop

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with DoorLoop!

We're thrilled to hear that our software has met your expectations and provided you with a seamless property management solution.

We appreciate your kind words and look forward to continuing to serve you in the future.

If you ever have any questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Joe
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate Software

Why I choose DoorLoop

Reviewed on 2023-09-24

Great customer service and very responsive to our feedback for improvements. I don't hesitate to recommend it to other apartment operators for their business.

Pros

DoorLoop has an ease-of-use scale that allows you to get up and running with your property business in a very short period of time. The ability for residents to access a resident-facing portal was important in this day and age. I compared competitors and their products, availability of a resident portal, on-boarding time and chose DoorLoop because it allowed us to get moving on with understanding the apartment community and it's "quirks."

Cons

Limited option for screening and background check and lack of integration with BlueMoon TAA online lease application. The DoorLoop's partnership doesn't allow us to take advantage of the revenue stream we could otherwise have with some others. The current offering costs twice as much which means our residents would be paying more for application and screening fees. Our own business relationship with an outside service allows us a greater revenue stream while allowing us to charge a smaller fee for the same service to our residents. This means that we have redundant process where we have residents do their online lease in Bluemoon, then have to create a link to the application from DoorLoop just to be able to get to the payment screen for the residents.Another challenge is reporting for a partnership with passive investors. In order to accomplish this, we have to export to a CVS file and generate a spreadsheet report that provides the right information to our passive investors.

ResMan and Buildium
Mitchell
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

• Customer Support Software

A User-Friendly Oasis in Property Management!

Reviewed on 2023-12-27

Our experience with Doorloop has been nothing short of exceptional. From its user-friendly interface to the outstanding support staff, Doorloop has truly proven itself as a reliable and efficient platform for our needs.

One of the standout features of Doorloop is its user-friendly design. Navigating through the platform is a breeze, thanks to its intuitive layout and well-thought-out functionalities. Whether you're a seasoned professional or a newcomer to property management, Doorloop provides a seamless experience that simplifies complex tasks. The clean and organized interface allows for easy access to all the necessary tools, making our workflow significantly smoother.

The support staff at Doorloop has been a true asset to our experience. The team is not only knowledgeable and responsive but also genuinely dedicated to helping users make the most of the platform. Any questions or concerns we had were addressed promptly, and the support team went above and beyond to ensure our satisfaction. Their commitment to customer service sets Doorloop apart in an industry where support can make a significant difference.

Additionally, Doorloop's commitment to regular updates and improvements is commendable. The platform evolves with the changing needs of the property management industry, ensuring that users have access to the latest features and technologies. This forward-thinking approach reflects Doorloop's dedication to providing a cutting-edge solution for property management.

In conclusion, our overall experience with Doorloop has been wonderful. Its user-friendly interface, coupled with the exceptional support staff, has made our management tasks more efficient and enjoyable. We highly recommend Doorloop to anyone in the property management industry looking for a reliable and feature-rich platform that truly cares about its users.

Mitchell McGhee
General Manager

Pros

We love the ease of use with this software. As well as the amazing customer service staff! Any time we have an issue we are assisted quickly ( usually less than 10 minutes )

Cons

The only complaint that we have is when we first signed up for DoorLoop we were able to run credit card payments through the portal. Now it says impersonating a tenant. We have quite a few guests that stay with us annually and used to take their payments through the portal but now have to have them write a check or utilize square.

Susie
  • Industry: Executive Office

• Customer Support Software

Great software for property management

Reviewed on 2023-12-18

Overall, I am very happy with the software and I am currently working to master it to make the most of all the features it offers. Great, easy to navigate platform, and the reporting features are similar to more expensive similar software I have used in the past. I wish it was integrated with the PetScreening platform.

Pros

I appreciate the corresponding "Need Help" information buttons for whatever task you are attempting in the software. It is a very user friendly platform, with a central "Create New" button to lead you to any task needed to be performed. I went with this company because of the owner and tenant portal options. The accounting features, and "application to tenant" process are very simplified and time saving. Amazing reporting and maintenance features.

Cons

My cons would be that the accounting is property related accounting, and if you need to account for monies such as interest and opening bank deposit you have to create a "dummy property" to account for that money. It took awhile to get the online payment portion set-up and the starting limits on amount of money allowed to be collected online for rent was too low and took extra work to "ask" for it to be raised, and until the limit was adjusted my tenant could not pay through the tenant portal. The cost to send documents through the software to be signed such as a lease are charged per transaction, and seems high to me, but you can also upload a signed lease so you don't have to use it. The tenants are also charged a ACH fee.

Sarah

Great features and amazing customer service 90 percent of the time

Reviewed on 2023-09-14

I recommend everyone start off using door loop for a new fiscal year. If you start in the middle of the year your work will be 10 times as hard setting up. Customer service is amazing and the reps are very informative. I love that I can get help with any question in the matter of minutes. It accurately tracks all of our shopping plaza and storage unit tenants and takes out most of the work. Do verify all of the lease information entered by DoorLoop for you in the initial set up as I found a few tenants were missing information or listed as being charged the incorrect rent. Fixing it was super easy but just a warning. I would definitely give it a try as they are constantly updating and adding things users suggest and I suspect this product will only get better with time.

Pros

After setting up your account the software itself is user friendly. It takes a few weeks to get used to everything but customer service reps are extremely helpful and patient in helping you throughout the process.

Cons

Some customer service reps do not read your questions thoroughly and will send you help suggestions that you have stated to them you already tried. Others are amazing and extremely helpful so I would say 9 out of 10 customer service reps are amazing. I wish there was more accounting based webinars/ help articles going into common problems and scenarios. I also really wish they allowed for you to pay for your doorloop subscription via a bank account instead of Credit Card only.