Gymcatch

Management software for the fitness and wellness industry

4.9/5
4.7/5
4.7/5
Customer Support Software
4.9/5

Amrit

• Customer Support Software

GymCatch took the stress out of bookings

Reviewed on 2021-10-13

By taking care of bookings and PARQ’s - I can take care of actually delivering my classes and taking care of my clients.
Embedding the app into our website was made extremely easy and functional almost immediately.

Pros

Introducing GymCatch took the stress of booking away along with chasing clients for payments and commitment to attend.

Cons

Clients contacting me to help them to use the app - perhaps make it easier for the client to as for GymCatch support.

Reasons for Switching to Gymcatch

More cost effective, and easy to navigate - good user experience.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review Amrit, we really appreciate it. Delighted to read Gymcatch has reduced your admin and increased client commitment.

I noticed your client contact point - thank you for that. If there's anything specific you'd like us to look at please do get in touch via [email protected]. Feedback always very welcome.

Carla
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

GymCatch - easy & efficient to use

Reviewed on 2021-02-03

Easy booking, less hassle when it comes to communicating, time saver!

Easy booking, less hassle when it comes to communicating, time saver!

Pros

Gymcatch has all the features that I need for bookings for my fitness classes. The zoom integration is key and i like the auto-refund options. My customers are finding it easy to use & straightforward to book classes. The internal message system is great and my customers like that it integrates with your calender.
Having the catch up link avaialble through the booking link is such a time saver!

Cons

For customers to be able to see our full timetable when searching for classes, rather than a restricted view of only the week ahead would be much better.

Reasons for Choosing Gymcatch

The time table is messy and not as easy to use.

Word of mouth recommendation

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for your review Carla, it's really appreciated and delighted this is meeting your needs. Also pleased to update that in our upcoming release we will be extending the default week to a month timeframe for the class list view returns.

Abi
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

• Customer Support Software

Customer service is second to none

Reviewed on 2023-11-16

Brilliant, customers service is what sets it apart for me.

Brilliant, customers service is what sets it apart for me.

Pros

Absolutely phenomenal customer service. If I raise an issue or query these guys are on it instantly. Everyone I've dealt with at Gymcatch has been very pleasant and helpful. They offer unmatched customer service.

Cons

A few small issues -some customers find it difficult to use and occasionally customers report that they've had problems booking. I also wish i could keep my PARQs in the system, but i believe the team is working on this.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, Abi, it is very much appreciated!

Delighted to hear that our support team have been able to help you with any questions or issues you have raised. We certainly do have plans to enhance the PARQ process in future so watch out for that announcement once development has been completed.

Rachael

Invaluable

Reviewed on 2023-02-21

Pros

Gymcatch has been a game changer for me as a yoga teacher. I started using it for my lockdown yoga classes as I was trying to keep track of class attendance and payments manually and it was hurting my brain. It was so easy to set up and schedule classes and has made it incredibly easy for clients to book on to my classes, cancel, get refunds etc. And the customer service is second to none, I get responses to any questions I have so quickly!I couldn't recommend it highly enough. It's great value for so many features. Thank you for making my yoga teacher life so much easier!

Cons

None at all, if I had any requests then the team took them on board.

Mindbody and Bookwhen

Reasons for Switching to Gymcatch

Ease of use, functionality, cost, VFM, great app

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review Rachael. We really appreciate it and so pleased to hear you're making good use of the feature set and finding life easier as a result!

Russ

• Customer Support Software

GymCatch is a great piece of software and makes my work life a lot easier

Reviewed on 2021-08-27

Exeltremely happy with the software. Makes my life easy and saves me time plus they reward their customers which is nice.

Pros

Integration with website and also sharaeble links to send to prospects and clients. Tje format and layout. Ease of use for my members. The facility to take payments and manage my groups. Support has been excellent too whenever I have had a query.

Cons

It was the lack of a monthly membership function, which they now have, so all good.

Reasons for Switching to Gymcatch

Response to queries and support was excellent. Simple to use functionality.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review Russ. We really appreciate it and are delighted the software is meeting your needs and support there when needed.

Jodie
  • Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

Great package for a small part time fitness biz

Reviewed on 2021-09-13

Really good - price wise its value for money

Really good - price wise its value for money

Pros

I love the fact that it is app based for customers.
I moved away from this software years ago when I ran a small gym - now that I have returned there are even more features - allows freedom to tailor to your business and customers.

Cons

Having to use desktop site as admin to do more of the back office features.

Reasons for Choosing Gymcatch

I no longer needed large software. Gymcatch is perfect for my part time business. Also, the price difference !

Reasons for Switching to Gymcatch

I like the app features - seems to be more bespoke and customisable

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review Jodie. We really appreciate it and are so pleased you came back to Gymcatch! Delighted the software and price-point are working for you and that the app is a differentiator too.

• Customer Support Software

Made me life so much easier!

Reviewed on 2021-02-19

Very good! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing and super helpful!

Very good! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing and super helpful!

Pros

So easy for people to download and book into what ever classes they want too

Cons

Nothing it saved me so so much time and stress

Mindbody and Bookwhen

Reasons for Switching to Gymcatch

Easy to use Friendly help Good value for money My clients could all friend eachother and see who was going to what classes when friends

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Amy. We really appreciate it and are so happy we've been able to help you and your customers over the years!

Olivia

Amazing Booking System

Reviewed on 2021-02-19

10/10

10/10

Pros

The customer service at Gym is amazing [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] goes above and beyond and the booking site itself is quick and easy to use.

I cannot fault Gymcatch amazing booking system and superb customer support. Cannot recommend enough.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like! It would be nice to see the other customers name when someone books 2 places

Reasons for Switching to Gymcatch

Customer service, nice layout of the app, easy to use for myself and my clients

Response from Gymcatch

Hi Olivia. Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write a review - the team and I really appreciate it. We're so proud to support you and so many other group instructors out in the community.

Louise

Gymcatch is the best!

Reviewed on 2021-01-05

10 out of 10! Would strongly recommend!

10 out of 10! Would strongly recommend!

Pros

Being a busy instructor, I needed a easy, functional and professional payment system that delivered. From the first point of contact to setting up my business and using on a daily basis, Gymcatch has been exceptional. Customers have commented on how easy it is to use and I found the set up and functionality very straight forward and simple.

Cons

Membership packages, which I know the team are working on.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review Louise. The team and I really appreciate it and I'm pleased we were able to help. Also pleased to report Memberships are now really not far away!

Director and Founder

Brilliant in every way

Reviewed on 2019-09-11

Right from the beginning the support from the team has been second to none. I looked at other providers but had no support from them - where as with Gymcatch I felt totally valued and looked after.

Pros

It’s simple to use, both as a business and a client for my business.

Cons

It glitches sometimes and customers can not register or check in but this is easily rectified if I “attend” then after class.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for your review Amy! Very much appreciated and we're so happy you chose Gymcatch!

I'll email directly on the other item you raise as that should be resolved!

Sassy

• Customer Support Software

This app changed my life and gave me back time

Reviewed on 2021-05-27

Amazing from start to finish

Amazing from start to finish

Pros

Low admin from a business owner point of view. Super slick and easy to use for clients. Visually great. Extra like calendar sync and checks are brilliant. To be fair I could go on and on about it. It’s that good

Cons

None at all. I really can’t fault it all.

Reasons for Choosing Gymcatch

Too many restrictions. Too many complaints from my dancers. Causing me hours or admin time

Class Manager

Reasons for Switching to Gymcatch

The look and feel was better as was the cost and bolt on options better value.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Sassy. We really appreciate it and are delighted that Gymcatch is making such a difference to you and your dancers.

Director and Founder

Amazing customer service

Reviewed on 2019-07-12

I took some time to learn how to set up classes and packages and had to ask a lot of questions, I’m much better at getting responses to questions rather than watching how to videos. The staff were brilliant with my questions and couldn’t have been quicker and more efficient. I’m really pleased so far with gym catch and look forward to when they add more.

Pros

The customer service is excellent, I’ve asked lots of questions and always got fast responses. I like that my members can login and book their own classes and pay online.

Cons

It was a little confusing to start with bundles and passes, but I understand they are working on a class set up which will be perfect for me. It took some practice but I understand the app now

Cost is less

Reasons for Switching to Gymcatch

Had a link from someone on Facebook for free trial

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for your review Amy. We know how busy our customers are so really appreciate you taking the time!

Thank you too for your positive comments on the customer features, service and feed-in on packages (pass, bundles). We are aware that the package (pass, bundle) creation with the Tag system can take a little getting used to if not seen before, so we will be enhancing that interface to make it even more intuitive shortly.

Ruth

• Customer Support Software

Gymcatch helps get navigate Covid era and beyond!

Reviewed on 2021-08-29

Overall, Gymcatch has provided a more affordable option for our small nonprofit business to streamline sign-up, payment and package purchasing which became necessary during Covid. I would never go back! There are so many other features such as scheduling. calendar etc...that helps us to communicate with our clients. I love it!

Pros

This software is fairly easy to navigate and there is online chat help and Q/A to quickly assist with getting things set up. It allows my participants to take control of their punch cards and memberships without having to rely on me to manage it for them with paper or other means.

Cons

I feel like the web interface is not real pretty and the font is so small. I would love for this to be my main web page but it is not impressive in how it looks/reads. The mobile version looks way better. I did have some clients that struggled getting used to it (they would accidentally pay for class with a credit card instead of their purchased package because it wasn't clear to them how to navigate to it or they weren't signing in.

Response from Gymcatch

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. Very pleased to read the software has proved easy to use and cost effective.

Thank you too for the web feedback. I'm sorry you'd like to see that look differently. As it so happens there are some tweaks that will follow the mobile styling more coming. That said, it's genuinely not something we've had fed back previously. We'd gladly pick this up directly - the reviews are deliberately anonymised, so please do contact us via [email protected] if you'd like in relation, all feedback always welcome.

Many thanks,

ben

• Customer Support Software

The best software for managing a fitness based business - PERIOD!

Reviewed on 2020-02-19

The product has been super simple to use and set up. You can set up packages to suit all the different payment options you would need for your business. I use it to manage the admin side of everything from taking payments to making bookings and handling cancellations. It's the backbone of my business now.

Pros

I have been using GymCatch to run my boot camp and personal training business. I wouldn't go elsewhere, its automated and handles everything for me so my clients just book in or cancel when they want. I just check the numbers when I am setting up and everything is handled for me and the money arrives in my account. Their support is second to none - the live chat facility is awesome and they truly believe in their product so much so that they will do whatever they can to make sure that the clients are happy. I REALLY recommend this product. Ben BootCampAtTulleys.com

Cons

The only thing I wasn't sure about with GymCatch was the fact that my clients cant add more people to an existing booking if they want to bring a friend for example.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you for the review Ben! We really appreciate you taking the time and are truly delighted that Gymcatch has proved to be the right solution with you - we know you run a busy timetable, so fact this works for you and your clients means a lot.

Thanks too for the multibook feedback. As sure you're aware, they can add additional places at first booking but adding post that booking isn't presently supported - it's on the enhancements list though!

Kerstin
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 2022-09-12

I wouldn't be without it now. I set up my Gymcatch business account during the Pandemic and it met my needs perfectly. Despite now being back to "normality" I wouldn't revert back to cash payments and paperwork. The features it provides make my life much easier

Pros

Easy to use system which is perfect for my class needs. Booking is simple, managing class size and detail is straightforward and applications for communicating with customers are easy to use

Cons

Some of the essential features are additional bolt ons. It would be nice if these were included, but I understand why they're not. From an admin point of view I find it easier to use from the website on my laptop rather than through the app on my phone. The reverse is true from a user-participant perspective.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, Kerstin, it's very much appreciated.

Delighted to hear that our platform has fitted in so well with the needs of your business and has been so easy to use for both yourself and your customers. Thank you for the feedback on the ease of use in regards to the admin portal and mobile apps, we'll certainly take that on board.

Hannah
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

My Godsend!

Reviewed on 2021-08-27

That everything is on one place. A client can book classes etc, but also contact me directly with any issues. I was using social media before which was unreliable and frustrating!

Pros

Before GYMCATCH I was one stressed out instructor! Now my clients have an easy to use app that gives them autonomy over booking classes and managing their payments. I tell any instructor who will listen to try GYMCATCH as the support is fantastic also.

Cons

I think it would be useful to have an option so that clients can purchase/loan equipment etc from the instructor. With COVID-19 restrictions more instructors have been advised to encourage clients to either buy or borrow from them equipment and it would be a great addition to be able to charge clients in the same way as classes and be able to set up terms and conditions of loan.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write a review Hannah. We really appreciate it and are delighted to read Gymcatch has made managing your business easier.

Thank you too for the feedback with regards to the standalone shop area. That is certainly something on our roadmap. In case helpful (and please do message us on support if helps too), many list additional items as either a pass or 1 credit bundle to cover that requirement as stands but we'll get to that fuller solution soon too!

Bo

From Mindbody to GymCatch

Reviewed on 2022-07-23

They have saved me a fortune and their customer service is always there. Perfect small business or private studio or PT app.

Pros

The effectiveness for the price is incredible. Does everything I need my business to do. Really happy I made the switch.

Cons

They are constantly evolving and adapting to the point I can’t really fault them at this stage. We all want the stars, but in general they keep it coming. Last update and features has elevated my Members’ experience.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, Bo, it's very much appreciated.

Delighted to hear Gymcatch has been able to save you money whilst still providing high quality features for your business. It's also great to hear that our ongoing updates and enhancements continue to improve your customers' experience booking classes with your business.

Julie

Best customer service ever

Reviewed on 2021-12-22

My overall experience has been great. When I was setting everything up I had a few problems as I am no natural website designer and the customer service was amazing and extremely patient! I have had a couple of enquiries since and they have been dealt with extremely quickly and efficiently with an incredibly friendly manner. I feel like a valued customer rather than just a number.

Pros

The software is at an affordable price for an individual like myself who is just setting up. It has useful features allowing clients to book into classes and for me to alter their bookings or book them remotely as necessary. They can also pay for classes and be refunded as necessary. It is clear for me to see who is booked and who hasn't and also to change classes and class numbers very easily. I can also keep an eye on how often clients come and whether they need to renew packages.

Cons

I have accidentally put one client's names in wrong and cannot change it which I find mildly irritating!!!

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review Julie, we really appreciate it. Delighted to read that the software is meeting your needs and our support team have been on hand as and when needed.

Scott

• Customer Support Software

Incredible software and amazing team

Reviewed on 2023-07-21

Fantastic Ollie and his team are amazing. There lots of resources available to help navigate through the system and having the ability to easily have an online chat to support anything you need is amazing.

Pros

Gymcatch had made our wellbeing centre much easier to manage and saves so much time being fully automated and easy to navigate.

Cons

Nothing I’m delighted with service and product

Response from Gymcatch

Hi Scott,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate them and we're delighted to read the software is working so well for you.

Sam

• Customer Support Software

Simple to use, loads of features and the best value for money out there!

Reviewed on 2019-07-16

Great experience. Nothing put positive feedback from our instructors in regards to the price, how well the software fits in with their business, and how supportive the Gymcatch staff are. Most of our instructors previously used other online booking platforms and have not looked back since making the switch to Gymcatch.

Pros

Simple to get the hang of. - We (Boogie Bounce) have over 600 instructors in the UK and many have moved onto the Gymcatch platform.
The best for value out there - Loads of add-ons available which allow you to tailor exactly what you are getting from the platform.
Amazing support from the team - All of our instructors are instantly assisted with any queries they have.

Cons

Weren't initially able to gain as much client information as we would have liked from the software, however this has now been addressed and we couldn't be happier.

Response from Gymcatch

Many thanks for the review Sam, really appreciate you taking the time to write.

It's a pleasure working with Boogie Bounce and so many of your instructors and delighted there's a lot more we can help with moving forward too!

Nat

Zumba Class Bookings

Reviewed on 2021-09-28

Gymcatch has improved attendance at my classes, it has created an excitement to get booked before the class gets full, and it has saved me valuable time before each class having to take participants' money and record their attendance.

Pros

I love that users can book themselves into my fitness classes and pre-pay online as it has improved commitment to attend. I like that they can book for more than one person easily, and it's really easy for me to cancel bookings and/or add participants myself to transfer them to a different session.

Cons

I wish there was a BOOK NOW button I could add to my Facebook profile to link to Gymcatch

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review Nat, we really appreciate it. I'm delighted to read we've helped with improved commitment and multibook too.

Thank you too for the Facebook page. Happy to pick up directly if helps too... Unfortunately Facebook recently amended the button text options for where you can link to an external site (removing the BOOK NOW option). We certainly would prefer if they hadn't too. For specific reasons I can relay directly we won't be pursuing their direct integration that would enable an in Facebook book but hope the SIGN UP or CONTACT US options work well as an alternative.

Nicci

• Customer Support Software

Very easy to use & value for money

Reviewed on 2021-08-27

Pros

It's easy to use and create templates for class & appointments. It really is a inexpensive booking system that integrates well. The app is good too and my clients find it easy to to use as well.

Cons

The app is missing 1 feature that irritates me and that is the ability to add clients from my followers and deduct from their passes and the opposite. Cancel clients off and remind their passes. It can be diwn on the desk top version which means I have to get out my laptop or even go through their website on my phone.. but it's a minor inconvenience.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Nicci, we really appreciate it. Thank you too for the in-app feature admin feedback. Always a trade-off with keeping the 'on-the-go' feature set streamlined but we will revisit that specific addition in the future.

Christine

Reviewed on 2022-09-27

All good and the customer service is excellent offering a speedy response to any queries.

Pros

Love everything about this software, massively reducing class admin time.

Cons

There isn’t anything I dislike about this product

Ease of use Recommendation

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review Christine!

So pleased to hear everything working so well for you and that it's saving you lots of time.

Michael

• Customer Support Software

Great fit for my transformed business

Reviewed on 2021-02-03

My business was transformed by covid and required to change to an online paradigm. Mindbody tried to evolve but did not meet our needs. Karmasoft has Zoom integration but is buggy and a debacle for us and our customers. GymCatch appealed to me at first because of its simplicity. GymCatch’s customer-centric paradigm was so different from MindBody, it was difficult to get used to. After a short time, this customer-centric paradigm made sense and was a perfect match for my transformed business. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been terrific at providing support. GymCatch is solid and I am glad I made the switch.

Pros

Customer-centric paradigm is a great fit for my transformed business.

Cons

Awkward to migrate existing customers into GC system.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Michael. The team and I really appreciate it. Great to hear our customer centric approach works for you - we think it's the way the world is, and should be going. Thank you too for the feedback on onboarding - pleased to report we've new features to that end coming out soon!

Thanks again,

Harjinder

User friendly

Reviewed on 2021-01-01

I no longer needed to contact customers individually.
If I needed to cancel/change classes I...

I no longer needed to contact customers individually.
If I needed to cancel/change classes I updated Gymcatch and my customers received notification.
Really great overall product and support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team 🙂

Pros

Gymcatch has been so easy to use for me and my customers.
I am not very tech savvy and Gymcatch is very easy to set up and navigate around.
Setting up my classes, making them recurring, the booking system,etc 👍🏽
No hidden charges.
Advance notice of subscription payment.
Cancellation at anytime.
The support from the Gymcatch team is excellent.

Cons

Can honestly say I do not have any issues.
Bookings are easily accessible once set up and easy for customers to find and book themselves onto.

Response from Gymcatch

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Harjinder, very much appreciated! We're delighted you've found things easy to use and the system transparent.