4.3 (5,983)

Tosif
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

QUICKBOOKS for INVOICING

Reviewed on 10/9/2020

Overall quickbooks is a good tool for small business to track expenses, invoice customers and track the invoices received. You can even email and customize invoices right from the software.

Pros

Quicksbooks is a great software for the small busineess. It allows for invoicing customers in an easy way. If you are out of the limit for the invoices, you can make a small purchase and make it online and can access it from anywhere and everywhere from the tablet, pc or phone. It is a real easy way for tracking the invoices and marking them paid with accounts receivable. It also allows for digital time card where you can record the employees time of in and out. Great software and easy to learn.

Cons

The things you want to consider improving the software is it should give easy ways for tracking the accounts paid and invoices paid by the customer. Everything else looks pretty decent.

OnlineInvoices

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Quickbooks is easy to use than any other software. As it can be use with or without internet. For invoices online you need internet to access your files and folders. With quickbooks you can backup your data and use it anywhere from any device like phone, tablet and pc.
Jennifer

Quickbooks Online - A Comprehensive Accounting Solution

Reviewed on 1/9/2023

Overall, I have had a positive experience with Quickbooks Online. It has allowed me to keep track of my business finances with ease, and the customer support team is always there to help when I need them.

Pros

Quickbooks Online is an incredibly comprehensive and easy to use accounting software. It is an invaluable tool for small businesses, as it allows you to track income and expenses, create invoices and reports, and manage payroll. The customer support team is also incredibly helpful and knowledgeable, offering assistance whenever I have a question or issue.

Cons

While Quickbooks Online is a great software, the pricing can be expensive for certain features. Additionally, the user interface can be somewhat confusing for those who are new to the software.

Lindsay
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Quickbooks Online aka Quickbooks Light

Reviewed on 12/14/2022

This is the only non-proprietary accounting software that I have used, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it gets the job done for a decent price. I will say that most people recommend the desktop version of Quickbooks as it's more reliable with better features, but has a higher cost.

Pros

QBO is fairly easy to use, is very affordable and has a great user base that you can connect with for any questions or troubleshooting.

Cons

I never know if QBO will work properly on any given day. Sometimes it requires me to enter a text code every single time I sign in throughout a day. Sometimes it redirects me to the home screen after every click. It's always a crapshoot on whether I'll be able to work efficiently. There are also limitations when it comes to configuring features for our specific needs.

Rachel

• Customer Support Software

I LOVED THE OLDER VERSION. New version, not so much. So we switched.

Reviewed on 11/8/2022

Pros

Biggest Pro: This is built for robust accounting. The older version of Quickbooks online for Mac included an app. That app was key because the browser version often took a long time to load. I could get in, out , and be done in minutes. There was even a time tracking technology that was integrated at the time that was included in the package for free. It was great... and then it all changed.

Cons

I don't love the new browser only experience. It wasn't as seamless as the app. The time tracking is now $$$.

Response from Intuit

Thanks for your review, Rachel!

We appreciate you giving QuickBooks Online a try, and we're glad that it worked well for you while you guys were using it.

If you'd ever reconsider the product in the future, or meet others that are interested, please feel free to visit: (quickbooks.intuit.com) and you can get in touch via phone or chat for assistance!

We wish you the best!

-Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Andrew

QucikBooks Online

Reviewed on 12/14/2022

My overall experience has been good. I use this software in my bookkeeping business and it is the software of choice for majority of our clients. I find QBO support to very effective and much better than a lot of its competitors.

Pros

The software is user-friendly and intuit is always finding ways to improve the software. It is popular hence its integrates many other apps and software.

Cons

I didn't really find any cons in using this software.

FreshBooks, Sage 100 and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

Intuit Pro-Advisor program came with the software and they provided the support we needed to get our bookkeeping business up and running.

Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

QuickBooks offered a valuable support system and assisted in marketing out firm through their Pro-Advisor platform
Jeana

Reviewed on 12/20/2022

Overall this software/program has been exceptional. It meets our needs and more. There are so many features that we don't even use, but would like to spend some time reviewing. For what we need, this is perfect.

Pros

The best part about this software is that multiple people can be logged on from anywhere and have real time access. We work remotely and to be able to have up-to-date and accurate information is vital. This program offers that and more.

Cons

The only feature that I really don't like is in the chart of accounts. We hold events and I would like income/expense under each event (parent account) However, online will not allow it to be set up that way. It looks a little goofy on the chart of accounts to have them all income or all expenses as the type of account, but the bottom line reads the same.

• Industry: Animation

• Customer Support Software

Great layout for a small company

Reviewed on 12/23/2022

Pros

I was afraid that it would not be easy to pick up or learn. We have used the software after switching from another payroll company that took weeks to get back to us. So far it has been intuitive and the cost is well within what is reasonable. The add ons are something we are still exploring. I have to say that I wish I would have switched a while ago.

Cons

Nothing yet. So far it has alll been fairly seamless.

APS Payroll

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

Gusto took forever to get back to us and also charged after cancelling specific services.

Gusto

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

The ease of use as well as that other people recommended it.
Emma
  • Industry: Building Materials

• Customer Support Software

Very good, but be careful entering some initial set up data without your accountant checking...

Reviewed on 12/15/2022

Good. Strong customer service, but you do need an accountant for initial setup if you're a small business owner, then its easy to take over. Customer service team cant help you fix any initial errors you make relating to accounting.

Pros

Very straightforward for someone from non-finance background to begin using

Cons

No warning messages about data you are entering thats very hard to change or fundamental to finance records, which should be done 100% correctly before any bookkeeping.

CS Sujay
  • Industry: Food Production

• Customer Support Software

An Ultimate Truly Trusted Option to Professionally Manage Your Bookkeeping and Accounts 2023

Reviewed on 1/4/2023

Pros

QuickBooks is one of the most famous private venture bookkeeping professional arrangements on the lookout available in the market. It’s Extraordinary for independent and small scale business ventures, QuickBooks furnishes an early on bookkeeping arrangement with specific bundles and needs offering essential stock administration devices. Be that as it may, likewise with any framework/options available in the markets, there are some upsides and downsides to picking QuickBooks over other early on arrangements or more powerful ERP programming.•Simple to utilize and learn•Incorporates well with different frameworks and adaptable with outsider applications•Gives great bookkeeping reports•Reasonable cost•Simple to access from any gadget - telephone, tablet and PC (contingent upon the adaptation)•Simple to find and fix blunders/botches•Simple to look-into client data

Cons

•Easy to use and learn•Integrates well with other systems and flexible with Third party applications•Provides good accounting and financial reports•Affordable and reasonable pricing•Easy to access from any device – phone, tablet and computer (depending on the version)•Easy to find and fix errors/mistakes•Easy to look-up customer information

Amy

Reviewed on 12/13/2022

You get what you pay for. For the price, it is helpful in keeping track of company expenses and overall profit & loss.

Pros

I do enjoy how easy it is to issue a PO's, invoices, enter expenses and bills, receive payments etc.

Cons

When we did use QB for payroll, I do not like how we were not able to track time across projects. I would need to enter a separate Time Activity in order to cost individual projects. QB has not made project management very easy.

• Customer Support Software

Upgraded from Tally to QBO for simple and ease of use software

Reviewed on 10/10/2021

My overall experience with QuickBooks online has been amazing. I have used to desktop version before and found the online version more easy and simple to use. It has served my purpose in a great way over these years. The readily available reports helps my decision making for business. As compared to other options I found QuickBooks Online to be cheaper. We are trying to incorporate a construction company in quickbooks now. We hope it serves our purpose for this company as well now.

Pros

It is very simple to use overall. I like that i can check and work from any computer or cell phone as well. I love direct access to the numbers, easily available reports. It is great for auto billing direct from the software itself. The best part is integration with the bank account. I do not have to manually review expenses and add it.

Cons

The QBO is slow to load pages and that can be irritating at times. I initially thought that it was my internet connection but no that is not the case. While you are allowed to do a journal entry with a supplier name you cannot enter a negative invoice. There can be a greater variety in invoice format selection. A tad bit expensive.

FreshBooks and Focus X

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

We wanted to increase automation and reduce manual tasks.

TallyPrime

Pricing and Automation
Cheryl

QuickBooks Online: Making Tax Tracking Easier for Sole Proprietors

Reviewed on 1/27/2022

Overall I have been happy with Quickbooks Online. Quite simply, it does what I need it to do. Track sales and expenses in a way I can easily pull data by varying parameters as needed.

Pros

I like that Quickbooks has an expense tracker that is easy to use and has the categories cleanly divided up based on tax filing needs. The app component of this is my favorite as I can photo a receipt and input it on the go (although I mostly do stuff online). The ability to track service based sales is also pretty straightforward and easy to use. Those are the main features I bought this for and they do the job.

Cons

Quickbooks online (I have the Simple Start version) is crazy expensive for someone running a sole proprietor part time business. And it just went up in cost recently. The expense is because it has to be paid for monthly (or a small discount if paying yearly all at once). I really dislike the fact that most software programs have gone this route. I am not a large or even full time business that can hack all these monthly software expenses we have. But I want the ability to use it where-ever and not be tied to one device so I have to pay monthly. The other thing I really dislike again probably comes back to price. I want the ability to have it autopopulate expenses each month so I am not constantly having to enter them. But I can only do that if I pay MORE for a package at a higher price point. Given the average user will have monthly expenses, this should be part of every plan. Lastly, there needs to be a way to make this software HIPAA compliant so those of us in healthcare using it can use it for things like invoicing and taking payments.

Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Because feedback from people who had tried both indicated that Quickbooks was the way to go.
Michael
  • Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

The Best Accounting Software For Small Businesses!

Reviewed on 6/22/2022

Overall I love Quickbooks Online and recommend it to all small business owners that I know! It's been a huge help for my business in getting our accounting organized, without having to hire a book keeper. Invoicing has never been easier, as it keeping track of income and expenses. It's perfect at tax time and helps keep us on track to get as many deductions as possible. It's simply the best of it's class...

Pros

The interface of Quickbooks Online couldn't be better. It easily links to your bank accounts and starts to understand your accounting categories right away. It's super customizable and the features are in depth and thorough. I love how intuitive (no pun intended) the software is overall. It's also great that it's online so you can login from anywhere, including on an app, to track everything.

Cons

The only real limitation I can think of with the software, is sometimes weird errors can happen with your balance sheet / income statements. Everything really needs to be exactly dialed in , otherwise errors can happen and throw things off. While this is probably due to human error, for someone like me who is not an accounting expert, this can be frustrating to figure out where things went wrong...

Quicken, QuickBooks Desktop Pro and ZipBooks

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

Needed something more in depth!

ZipBooks

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Was the best bang for it's buck and is the gold standard for a reason.
David
  • Industry: Wireless

Efficient Accounting Software

Reviewed on 7/29/2022

Highly recommend. Great product that keeps getting better.

Pros

Really easy to use, automates a number of functions, and provides a comprehensive accounting package for our small business.

Cons

My background is accounting and sometimes I get the impression that Quickbooks has tried to dumb the software down too much, which makes it harder for me to deal with anything outside the box. Calling in to support can also be really challenging.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

Freshbooks was too basic for our needs.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

While Quickbooks Desktop Pro has the feel of a true accounting software, the ability to log on from anywhere and constantly keep everything current (bank links etc.) plus not having to worry about backups or upgrades, made the Online version more attractive.
Breanna

• Customer Support Software

Best for those not trained in accounting

Reviewed on 7/30/2021

QBO is great because it allows our clients access to their books any time, anywhere. We are finding this is increasingly important to our clients. It also allows clients to do their own invoicing and receive payments themselves in the same system we are using for their bookkeeping. This product really is the future of bookkeeping.

Pros

Far and away the best feature of this software is that it's cloud based. So many clients want to be able to see their books from anywhere, at any time, on any device. If you are using this for a small business and are not trained in bookkeeping/accounting, this is the easiest bookkeeping software on the market.

Cons

If you are a trained bookkeeper/accountant you will likely be disappointed that it's not as flexible as Sage 50. They payroll module is terrible unless you have simple payroll with no deductions or special pay circumstances. While you can do a journal entry with a supplier name, you can't enter a negative invoice. They've updated with a credit card credit that allows you to enter a negative credit card transaction but it's limited to credit card transactions only.

Sage 50cloud Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

QBO is far more advanced than the Sage cloud product. My preference would be Sage 50 but because this is cloud based, it's the next best thing.
Jewel
  • Industry: Machinery

• Customer Support Software

Very user friendly and has everything in one place

Reviewed on 3/16/2022

My overall experience has been a great experience. I have been using it for years.

Pros

Quickbooks Online is very easy to use and has everything you need in one place. It keeps the flow of the business finances running smoothly. The invoicing, tracking of assets and expenses, providing reports, etc are all extremely easy to use and find and connect in a very simple way.

Cons

There is nothing at this time that I like least about this software. It is much better than most bookkeeping programs I have used.

FreshBooks, Total Office Manager and Xero

Xero

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Each one of the above programs has its benefits and had a lot of what Quickbooks offer, but quickbooks is much simpler to use and has the exact amount of what is needed to run the business. A program like "Total Office Manager", it is extremely complex and not as user friendly. A program like Xero wasn't as detailed as Quickbooks. Etc.
Eugene
  • Industry: Food Production

• Customer Support Software

QuickBooks Online for the win!

Reviewed on 10/9/2022

Overall my experience with QuickBooks online has been very positive. The pricing is fair. The system has incredible capability, and keeps all of our financial affairs in order.

Pros

I don’t think we would be able to run our business without QuickBooks. This software has allowed us to handle all aspects of accounting in-house. The best part is the help section which contains answers to just about any accounting questions we have ever run into.

Cons

There’s a lot of features we don’t use that seem to be in the way while navigating through the program.

Zoho Books and Sage X3

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

we switched because freshbooks became too expensive, and not have all the features that we needed to use

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

pricing as well as capability were a determining factor. QuickBooks online had far more features that we were looking for in a much more intuitive system.

Response from Intuit - 26 Products - Global

Hello there, and thanks for leaving your review here, Eugene!

It's so awesome hearing how well QuickBooks has been working for your small business. That's amazing.

If you ever need any help with your account or have questions, please feel free to reach out through the 'Help(?)' icon > 'Contact Us' in-account and we'd be glad to get you taken care of by phone or chat.

All the best!

-Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Robin

Quickbooks Serves It's Purpose

Reviewed on 9/26/2019

It's a somewhat love-hate relationship I have with Quickbooks. Love more so though. I have gotten used to a lot of Quickbooks' quirks now. It was a difficult go to get started to get things set up but I had support. I've been using Quickbooks for a few years now. I like how clean and organized invoices look for clients and how I can customize them and emails. I appreciate recurring invoices that help to avoid user error on consistency in repeat services and in sending invoices on time.

Pros

I like the ability to customize how invoices and emails look. I appreciate the ability we had to import our clients' details and past invoices when we started up with Quickbooks. The plethora of reports and customizable reports are very useful. I also appreciate being able to process payments through Quickbooks. The search ability is decent helpful in looking for specific invoices, amounts, or other specific data.

Cons

It was quite a challenge to get everything up and going when we started with Quickbooks
There are some features that are limited and seem to operate oddly, such as deleting some clients vs marking some as inactive. If I have completed services with certain clients, I want to keep their data, but mark them inactive. When I mark them as inactive, the system puts them in a state of "deleted", which makes me very concerned when I see that. I don't want to lose their data. Also, some duplicates of clients have been created or clients never started services with us. So that data was just bloating the system and a bit confusing sometimes. Those particular clients would be good to actually fully delete them. I've run into processes that can be very confusing. Luckily my accountant is able to help me through the challenges.

Response from Intuit

Hi there, Robin. It's great to hear you've enjoyed using QuickBooks to customize reports, process payments, and manage many other accounting elements. You can continue to count on us to help lighten the work load for years to come! We recommend our video tutorials to expand your knowledge of features and work flows in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the following article provides a detailed explanation of making clients inactive in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/configure-products/make-a-customer-inactive-and-then-active/00/186156).

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Daniel

• Customer Support Software

Excellent online bookkeeping software.

Reviewed on 9/23/2022

I love QuickBooks and this is the software of our choice for our practice.

Pros

The reporting side is the best on the market, with many dimensions of data available, more than e.g. Xero, with only two tracking categories. I also like the support, being able to speak to a person if needed. Also the discounting referral system is very good.

Cons

VAT management and reconciliation can be quite tricky, as software often allows to change the previously submitted to HMRC data.

Xero

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

I wanted to be fully online, to be able to work from any place.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

The full package provided free for the practice is a great piece of software.
Bryant

• Customer Support Software

Makes my job a ton easier

Reviewed on 8/12/2022

I like Quickbooks. The company name does make sense... you do everything quickly lol. I haven't had a single issue other than the invoicing problem. I did spend more than enough time with their customer service which was a pain in the butt but the rep was really friendly and helped me get it sorted out. If I could recommend Quickbooks to a new or seasoned business owner, I definitely will! It looks expensive and hard to learn but honestly, it's much easier to navigate than it looks!

Pros

I was hesitant at first since I didn't want to go the everything electronic route. My wife was doing all of the tax stuff so I just gave her the okay and made the purchase. I now do everything minus invoicing through Quickbooks. Everything is streamlined for me and I realized how much time I was truly losing by doing everything through Excel and calculating by hand. My wow moment was watching my time being cut in half literally by just snapping a photo of a receipt after connecting my bank account then adding details on the purchase... that's it!

Cons

Now... the invoicing part I'm just not fond of. There was an error with a payment and Quickbooks kept kicking back a payment a client had made. I ended up just going through Paypal Business and setting up my invoices through there and attached my Paypal account to Quickbooks to make things easier on myself. If invoicing was different, I would be 100% with Quickbooks.

Steve
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

• Customer Support Software

Great where fits - might leave you looking for more

Reviewed on 10/2/2019

Moved from QB Desktop. Love having access where-ever and multiple people able to access it. QBO is much less feature rich than QBD. But, with QBD, you have to either log into a server, or remote desktop. It's stuck in the 90's. So, to make it even work, we had to get a plugin to manage our inventory and orders. If QB Desktop version would move online, it would definitely be a 30 year leap back to the present.

Pros

Quickbooks is easy to use, widely known, and priced affordably. Good for a small business. Having it online was a necessity. Having it link to bank accounts so smoothly is nice.

Cons

If it's not the QB way, you have NO WAY. They are not interested in helping with any needs of YOUR business. If your business doesn't fit into THEIR way, too bad. But, overall, they have a good program that fits most of your business needs.
i.e. If you want sales orders and inventory management - you might as well be asking a rock.
i.e. If you want to use your own credit card processor, they will force extra steps on you and take away features and functionality.

Zoho Books and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

Needed and online version.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Neither Zoho or Xero were able to handle orders, backorders (purchase or sales), and inventory correctly. So, we had to go with QBO and a plugin.
Teara

• Customer Support Software

Bookkeeping software for dummies like me

Reviewed on 8/1/2018

do it myself bookkeeping

Pros

I was able to get up and running with bookkeeping quite quickly; I expected it to be difficult since I had no knowledge of bookkeeping, but it wasn't. I have used it to run payroll, send invoices, manage expenses, receive payment, etc and find it all to be very intuitive.

Cons

For my web design business, Quickbooks is all I need as a bookkeeping software. But for my husband's trucking business, it just lacks some necessary functionality and we found a more elaborate tool was needed ... which was too difficult for me to figure out, so for his business we had to outsource the bookkeeping. But I still use Quickbooks Online for my own more basic business.
I find the desktop app that you can install (to connect to the online version) is often unstable and becomes unresponsive. I also find that there is confusion between my Quickbooks Online account and my TurboTax account (both are made by Intuit), when I change my password for one, it changes my password at the other site as well .... weird and took me a number of lockouts to figure out what was happening. Best to use separate email addresses for each of the tools I think.

Response from Intuit Canada

Hi Teara. Thanks a ton for your expert insights, and your review. You're correct that changing your password for one product will affect it across others. If your user ID is the same for each log-in, this feature is designed to help streamline logging in. As an added layer of security, we offer multi-factor authentication so your info is safeguarded.

As for instability in the desktop app, you can easily solve these issues by clearing the cache. After logging in, select Help > Reset App Data and you'll be good to go.

Should you guys have any questions about the functionality missing for your husband's trucking company, feel more than welcome to email me directly ([email protected]). I'd be glad to discuss your options in that respect and look forward to hearing from you both. In the meantime, I encourage you to swing by our Resource Center (https://intuit.me/2rI3OKd), where you'll find walk-through guides and tutorials for working in QuickBooks.

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Tim
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Quickbooks Organizes Our Church's Finances

Reviewed on 9/18/2019

QuickBooks has made the financial experience for our church so much easier. It's super easy to create reports for board meetings and see where you are financially.

Pros

I love how it connects to your bank account and transfers all of the transactions to it. Being able to categorize every transaction makes things so much easier. No need to type everything in manually! Reconciling is a breeze!

Cons

There's a huge learning curve for this software. However, they have great customer support. In the beginning, I had to stay on the phone with them for a long time to learn how to use it. Sometimes, customer support doesn't know how to use the software specifically for your needs, but they usually do a great job!

Aplos

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

Excel is not the best financial software!

Microsoft Excel

Response from Intuit

You've made our day, Tim! It's great to know that QuickBooks has been a helpful and easy to use tool to manage your church's finances. You can continue to rely on us for all of your bookkeeping tasks, like transaction categorization and reconciling. To stay ahead of the learning curve, we recommend checking out our video tutorials (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the Community is a great space to visit to receive support (https://community.intuit.com/).

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Autumn
  • Industry: Information Services

Great for bookkeepers

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

Overall our experience is great. I do think it's a little expensive for a small company. It has a lot of features that we spend the extra money for ease of use. I haven't had any issues calling tech support and we are very satisfied.

Pros

Quickbooks is super easy to use. All of our banking and savings accounts are attached as well as our business credit cards. I love the app feature and use a couple of the apps to assist, especially during tax time. We use classes for everything and it's so great to get a snapshot of each events profits and losses.

Cons

I wish that I could have multiple companies on one account. I have a few different small businesses that we run and it's not cost effective to have a quickbooks account for really small companies. I have found other free software programs that mimic quickbooks to manage those accounts.

Response from Intuit

Hi Autumn. Rest assured there are versions of QuickBooks that allow you to manage more than one company within the program. You can learn more about this software at https://community.intuit.com/quickbooks-desktop, but I want to ensure you're getting the value you deserve in what you're using now.

I can gladly forward your comments about multiple businesses per account to the Development Team. Customer ideas power the innovations regularly rolled out, so thanks a ton for sharing yours. The QB Blog is used to post about new and exciting changes, and many of the latest even got their start in the feedback channel (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/whats-new/). Regardless, I encourage you to email me directly. It'd be my pleasure to discuss what your options are, as well as how you can save money using Online ([email protected]).

I'm thrilled to read QuickBooks has left you with a great impression overall, though. Talk soon!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Angela

• Customer Support Software

On the expensive side for small entrepreneurs

Reviewed on 1/27/2022

Overall, Quickbooks Online had the items I needed, but their recent software and price changes have pushed me into a version that lacks what I need and leaves me with unnecessary, bloated accessories. There aren't many options out there that sync as well with online shops. QBO should consider allowing a small inventory and budgeting option for the less expensive versions and listen to their customer's concerns more.

Pros

I appreciate the easy connectivity with apps so I can connect my e-commerce shop. The layout makes the difficult task of financial management not seem so overwhelming. Reconciling with my banks is convenient and matches my transactions well. I also depended on it to aid me in tracking sales tax.

Cons

The software's selection of options with each plan is ridiculous. I started with the Plus version to keep track of a small amount of inventory, although most of the products I sell are POD. I also appreciated the budgeting aspect. They started adding extras such as mile-tracking, and now they sync with Mailchimp, but I already have a cheaper mile-tracking app for my business and sync with Mailchimp through my website. During the pandemic, they increased their prices (horrible timing for small businesses) and forced me to scale down to the Simple Start version. This version doesn't have the inventory function or budgeting (something that should be standard across the board).

To make matters worse, for the six years that I have been using the program, they have yet to fix an issue with the sales tax part, specifically modifying the start of a sales tax calendar. This issue has caused headaches for me every year, and no one will address it when I, and many others, bring it up.

Zoho Books, FreshBooks and Xero