Álvaro D.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

Nice service, good features, but has some outdated interfaces

Reviewed on 2021-01-28

Pros

Is an easy to use product, with the basic features to run email campaigns and do A/B testing.
The media library works flawless and lets you organize your files with ease.
The email templates are good and can be edited very easily.
You have the option to upload your own email template in HTML.

Cons

There are some admin screens where you feel like there's a lack of development in some areas. For example, the login page needs you to connect from the same IP address. If not, you need to call, chat or email support for your new IP to be whitelisted. There are plenty of options they could use like 2FA for keeping the login secure without the need of calling support every time you want to login.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Alvaro and thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I will be sure to forward this information to our dev team. - Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Roseline M.
  • Industry: Government Relations

• Customer Support Software

It's buggy - but getting better

Reviewed on 2020-12-03

I have to use it, so I do.

Pros

With the new block editor, Campaigner is light years ahead of what it was even a year ago. That said working with the block editor is not full proof. Fonts / spacing/bolding etc, may be different upon deployment that what is shown in the proof. TEST TEST TEST . And test on multiple devices because what you see on YOUR device(s) may not be what others see.

Cons

Customer support is unhelpful for bugs, and they do come up, but not as often as they used to with the introduction of the new block editor. I think the Constant Contact is the competition and offers way better flow and experience, however if you MUST use a tool whose data is stored in Canada, then this product is ok, but not the best.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Roseline,

We really appreciate that you took the time to give us feedback. We're glad that you have found the block editor useful, and we will look into the items you have raised.

Jerry M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

A little learning curve, but powerful software

Reviewed on 2020-08-14

We use Campaigner for numerous purposes, including marketing directly to customers, distributing information to vendors and other interested parties, and media outreach. We have found it effective for all of these purposes, especially since it can handle all of these without interfering with the others.

Pros

Ease of managing lists, importing from other sources, handling unsubscribes and reporting. Terrific customer support via chat and telephone.

Cons

Creation WYSIWYG tool can be a little frustrating, as the interface sometimes makes editing difficult (size of the working box inhibits cut-and-paste, moving elements up and down, etc.)

Response from j2 Global

Jerry,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback about our product. I am happy to hear that our list management system is working to your satisfaction and that our customer support has been there to help you.

Your feedback about our WYSIWYG editor is also appreciated, I hope that you have had the chance to try our new drag and drop editor.

Please let us know if you need anything anytime.

Dave I.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

• Customer Support Software

Good value for the money

Reviewed on 2019-07-29

The experience has been more or less good. The times I have needed to contact customer support, they have been amazingly responsive and helpful.

Pros

I prefer the full editor approach to creating our newsletter emails. It makes it easy to copy information from our website to the newsletter. The sending out of draft message is easy, as is the eventual scheduling of the newsletter.

Cons

The count of our current mailing list is not displayed in a useful manner. I believe it is reporting the entire size of the list, not just the number of active subscribers. It makes our list appear much larger than it really is.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Dave and thanks for taking the time to leave this review for us. We would love to work with you on your reporting to ensure the data that you are viewing is as optemized as possible for your needs. Please reach out anytime. - Carlos

Holly K.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

Hotchkiss Brain Institute review

Reviewed on 2020-08-31

Overall, I like using Campaigner. I have become more proficient with the software. I am EXTREMELY thankful for the tech support. I always get the help I need and they are professional, quick, and reliable. If the tech support was not as great as it is, I would possibly seek out a different software, due to the spacing/formatting issues that seem to happen in each of my campaigns.

Pros

I like the look of the finished product. It is quite professional looking. And once I got the hang of how to build a newsletter, I really liked it.

Cons

I found it difficult to learn how to best use the product. There tend to be spacing issues (usually too many spaces between articles) that I am unable to adjust and always have to call tech support to fix.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Holly,

Thank you for your feedback, its great to hear that you are making good use of Campaigner and that our support staff has been there for you.

The other feedback that you have provided will be brought up with out product and development team.

Hope that you have a great day,

Jillian P.

review

Reviewed on 2019-08-23

i've used campaign through fire engine red as an end user, as well as a re-seller at platformq education. both experiences have been "meh". it does what we need it to do, but we run into small bugs and quirks that are annoying, the admin screen and the reporting aren't great, and the email templates are difficult to customize. i've had mixed experiences with various members on the customer service team. our old customer service rep was great. since then its been downhill.

Pros

Simple is better, so that makes it easy for non-experienced users to learn.

Cons

The email builder can be buggy sometimes, and I've found dynamic segments to be unreliable.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Jillian, just wanted to reach out to thank you for your review of Campaigner, this kind of feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are constantly working to improve our product to ensure that it meets the standards of our clients such as yourself, and would love the opportunity to discuss your segmentation further to ensure it is as optimized as possible to suit your BU's needs. We have also released new templates in our new Drag and Drop editor which has the ability to create responsive and well-designed emails in minutes. I will be happy to go over these things further with you anytime.

Catherine M.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Marketing to Seniors

Reviewed on 2020-08-28

I'm very pleased with the product and changes always seem to be improvements. (That's not always the case with software.)

Pros

For us, plain text emails are the most effective. So personal; they do not appear to be from a mass mailing. I'm so please that hyperlinks embed seamlessly in plain text.

Cons

it's little glitchy when entering text. - line spacing too big or too small; difference between soft return and hard return. Looks ok in layout but changes when a test email is sent. Then the fiddling starts.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Catherine,

Thank you for your feedback, I'm happy to know that you get such good use out of Campaigner.

I hope you get a chance to try our new Drag and Drop email editor. It will allow you to make text only email designs easily and effectively.

Meghan R.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Campaigner review

Reviewed on 2019-08-30

We use campaigner to send all of our consumer facing emails. We recently starting using the responsive design templates for a small segment of our emails but have found it challenging to recreate the brand look we strive for. But the customer support has been great for troubleshooting and problem solving.

Pros

The one on one customer support is great. It's nice to have support for reporting, strategy and functionality questions.

Cons

The platform itself is not the most user friendly. The toolbar at the top is dated - the icons aren't intuitive - and sometimes there are weird bugs (can't click to unbold text, font colors won't load, text won't align properly, etc.)

Response from j2 Global

Hello Meghan! Very happy to hear that your interactions with one on one support have been helpful and positive, this kind of feedback is really nice to have. Also, thank you for your feedback in regards to the platform as this kind of information is very helpful from a product standpoint. There have been many improvements made recently with the new drag and drop email editor, you will see the option to use this when creating your email designs. We sincerely hope that helps address some of the concerns that you voiced.

Diana L.

Reviewed on 2019-07-29

Pros

Campaigner is easy to use and relatively inexpensive compared to other database marketing tools out there.

Cons

Seems slightly outdated. Constant Contact's dashboard seems more updated and easier to use but it's more expensive.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Diana,

Thank you very much for your feedback, this helps us to understand our customers better and gives us valuable info that we need in order to continue to make improvements of our product. We have made some major improvements to the UI, I hope they have improved your overall experience.

Lisa R.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great Way to Stay in Touch with Customers

Reviewed on 2019-07-29

This was an easy and cost effective way to get promotions and information to our clients. It allows us to get updated information in an easy way.

Pros

This is an easy way to keep in contact with our customers. It's easy to see who did or didn't open an email so that we aren't bothering the ones that already did! Very easy to use and manage contacts and lists. Like that you can schedule when you want an email to go out so that you can load and manage ahead of time.

Cons

Occasionally I will get a bounced email and when I try to find them in a list, it doesn't come up.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Lisa, thank you very much for this valuable feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for us. In regards to your bounced email, I believe we can solve this. Please reach out to us anytime.

Peter K.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Easy Out-of-the-Box Solution

Reviewed on 2020-09-09

User engagement has improved but not to the degree we would have liked.

Pros

Workflows are easy to create and launch.

Cons

Reporting is quite lacking. I'd like to see more available on contacts, and cross-campaign tracking. Available templates seem out of date and plain.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Peter,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this review as your feedback is very important to us.

I have taken your feedback in regards to reporting to our product and development team, we always strive to keep our product as optimized to our users needs as possible.

Best Regards,

Michael G.

Reviewed on 2019-07-29

Pros

It is relatively easy to use. The support has been good so far.

Cons

Was a long time Streamsend user. When we were forced to migrate to Campaigner, we were told that nothing would change which was not true. We pay more than double for the same volume.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Michael and thank you very much for taking the time to come here and leave an honest review of your experience with Campaigner. I am happy to hear that our support team have been there for you. I would love to see if we can do anything about your package to ensure that you have the absolute best option to suit your needs. Please reach out anytime.

Warm regards,

Kim L.

• Customer Support Software

I use campaigner to send multiple campaigns daily. Downtime is rare & customer service is...

Reviewed on 2017-09-12

Pros

Easy to use, statistics, copying campaigns, friendliness & knowledge of staff/support, I can insert a jpg file or create or copy & paste HTML

Cons

I would like the ability to see what percentage of each of my lists opens each campaign so I can modify accordingly. Would like the sign up sheet to alphabetize areas so clients can easily pick which list they would like to be a part of.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the positive review. We are so pleased you are enjoying our service. We work hard to make sure every client receives personal attention and quick responses from our customer support team.

We appreciate the product feedback and have sent it over to the product team.

If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact us.

-The Campaigner Team

Paula H.

• Customer Support Software

We send out out HQ campaigns and control of 36 chapters campaigns, Solution worked. The team...

Reviewed on 2018-01-23

Ease of mind

Pros

Once it was set up, it was very easy to use. Reporting was fast, once you figured out how to use it. Staff were friendly . Users ( 39) had very little problems using project with minimal direction.

Cons

You cannot delete from list, you just make inactive. Our membership jumps controlled list. removing them would be our preference.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Paula,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review online!
We are happy to hear the ease of use with our platform and we hope you continue to see success in the future.

We also appreciate the feedback in regard to the list management and have passed it along to our development team.

If you have any questions in the future please do not hesitate to let us know.

-The Campaigner Team

Janae franicevic F.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reliable and Effective

Reviewed on 2020-12-08

Campaigner allows us to not only maintain a relationship with our customers, which is invaluable right now during COVID-19—but it also helps us thrive while deepening those relationships.

Pros

Campaigner has grown along with us, always updating itself. In the beginning we only used templates, but then we began learning how to use the editor—and found it to be very intuitive. We have a very high retention rate; we believe it’s due both to our customers’ loyalty but also to Campaigner’s low spam rate and easy user ability.

Cons

In the early days of Campaigner, we’ve been with them awhile, it was a learning curve to become proficient with their built-in editor—mostly due to our lack of know-how.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Janae,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We're glad that you've had such a positive experience with Campaigner!

We're currently looking for potential case studies and we think you might be a good fit. Would you be interested in having a quick chat with me sometime?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Shane M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Ned Stevens review

Reviewed on 2020-10-19

Overall it is a solid experience - I do think it could be better. Hopefully campaigner can add more features to the platform as well.

Pros

I am familar with it and have been using it for years.

Cons

I feel there are times where lists take a while to load, there are also some issues when a campaign gets in queue. This can have a significant impact on the business and we need them to go out on time. We feel if this problem continues we may have to look elsewhere.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Shane,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback of Campaigner, it's always great to hear from a long time customer.

Carlos Petersen, Customer Marketing Manager

Amy T.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Part of my Daily Routine

Reviewed on 2020-10-12

I start every day with Campaigner and it has been a great way to reach our customer base and keep them updated.

Pros

Easy to send as many emails as I need and reaching specific customer bases. I use this every day and have little to no problems. The issues I have had are resolved immediately with the help of their great customer service team.

Cons

Occasional uploading issues which have been helped through with great customer service.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Amy,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback.

Looking forward to serving your email marketing needs more in the future and wishing you all the best.

Carlos Petersen, Customer Marketing Manager

Marina K.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2020-12-22

Overall I love Campaigner and am very very happy with it.

Pros

I love the ease of adding leads
I love how I can save my emails in different categories with different themes, and find them super easy

Cons

THat if there is a problem, the only way I know is when my account is temporarily locked out, instead of giving me a heads up with some stuff that can easily be fixed.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Marina,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad that you've found Campaigner easy to use and that you've had a positive experience with us.

Gaurav K.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Great tool to send out Notification via API (integrate in your product)

Reviewed on 2019-01-25

Pros

We integrate with Campaigner using their API and it is easy to use and integrate with all tokens and cc list you can pass in the API

Cons

More features should be there like Subscription based notifications etc.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Gaurav,
Thank you for taking the time to review Campaigner. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your experience so far.

We also appreciate the feedback in regard to the additional features. We have passed it along to our product team.

If you have any additional questions or comments please do let us know.

Thanks

Kim S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Campaigner meets our needs

Reviewed on 2020-08-12

Pros

Campaigner purchased the previous software company we used and we determined to stay with Campaigner. The transition was smooth and the software has been relatively easy to use. As with all new software programs there is a learning curve. Campaigner has offered some webinars that I personally have found helpful. We mostly use the drag and drop and have found it helpful to be able to create our own emails and change them as we need. The reports have also proven useful after a campaign has been sent.

Cons

There have been times when setting up a campaign that the software seems to run slow, but there could be any number of reasons for that.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Kim,

Very glad to hear that your transition to Campaigner was a smooth experience and that our webinars have been helpful to you.

Your feedback in regards to our drag and drop editor and also about the improvements we can make is also much appreciated!

If you ever feel like sharing more of your experience, feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Thomas G.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Marathon Tours & Travel Review

Reviewed on 2020-08-25

We have been able to customize our marketing bulletins very easily.

Pros

Ease of Use. Customer support is very responsive although we do not frequently need assistance.

Cons

I cannot say that I have answer to this question.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your excellent and to the point feedback for us.

Julie O.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Pro and Cons of Campaigner

Reviewed on 2020-08-28

Pros

It's easy to send newsletter to many lists of people and see how many people opened your newsletter.

Cons

In the past, I had lots of issues importing list of contacts into Campaigner. I had to split a list into multiple segments to make it work and ran into lots or errors.
This was really a turn down using Campaigner.

Working with pre-existing templates was also a problem. We had some newsletter created that we couldn't change when there was an update to the program.
To create a new template or newsletter is not very user friendly.

Response from j2 Global

Hello Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We would like to look further into the items that you have raised here to ensure you are having the best experience possible.

Please reach out to us anytime.

Best regards,

Faith O.

• Customer Support Software

Worst customer service and platform ever - plus they unsubscribed all of my customers and...

Reviewed on 2018-05-03

Pros

Nothing I can think of at this moment. You can see under "cons" what I really think of their product.

Cons

1) They have terrible customer service. Most of their CS reps on the phone are rude, unfriendly and unhelpful. Their standard response is to tell you to look up one of their online training videos. They don't want to take the time to help with anything or answer any questions. This has been going on for two years. I just spent 20 minutes - yes 20 minutes - waiting for their online chat guy to answer a simple question: "I sent an email in earlier today - can you let me know if you'll respond by email or I need to check your message center, and about how long is your average response time." Yep, 20 minutes waiting for their customer service representative to answer that one simple question. I gave up and disconnected after prompting him multiple times.
2) Last year they accidentally unsubscribed almost all of my customer database - 10K names - and didn't tell me. Because of the nature of our emails, we didn't notice for about two months - what a disaster. They said "oh that happens," didn't apologize and did not give any type of credit. They did, however, restore the unsubscribes as they found the exact time they did it.
3) The platform is clunky and the searches and segmenting are difficult to use. They do not have an easy way to do a date range search for bounces, or other things.
4) We get conflicting answers when we call customer service.

In other words - it's a really really terrible platform with terrible people. We've been using ESPs for 14 years. We decided to use Campaigner about two years ago for our customer emailing only, based on someone's recommendation. It was a big mistake. Avoid at all costs.

Kelly M.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

• Customer Support Software

Campaigner is a big asset to what I do every day - try to get my business name out.

Reviewed on 2018-05-01

Getting my name out

Pros

Ease of use, price, and value for money! The setup, input, and reports are easy to use and very helpful.

Cons

The one thing that is bothersome is the "touchiness" of being locked out - but I totally get the reasoning

Response from j2 Global

Hi Kelly!
Thank you so much for the glowing review! We are happy to hear that Campaigner is a big asset for you and your business.

If you have any suggestions or comments in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

-The Campaigner Team

Sara G.

Mostly Amazing, but Glitchy

Reviewed on 2018-04-10

We saw an increase in deliverability when we sent our emails compared to a prior software.

Pros

I love the many, many template options. As someone in marketing, it's important to me that my clients' emails aren't boring or repetitive. The customer service is responsive and helpful.

Cons

It's VERY glitchy. I'm constantly running into issues. For example, I'm comparing people who didn't open our emails in the past three months with the people who didn't open our emails with the company we (foolishly) used before Campaigner. Sometimes when I delete emails, it will put them out of order, and it won't put them back in order without a lot of work. I've been working on this for three weeks. Additionally, sometimes pictures won't load or it won't show that I have any files uploaded. I haven't yet found a way to add social media icons, though some templates offer them, but that could be user error.

Response from j2 Global

Hi Sara,

Thank you for taking the time to review our platform.

We appreciate the platform feedback and have passed it along to our product team.

If you have any questions or additional feedback feel free to let us know!

-The Campaigner Team