AWeber

Powerfully-simple email marketing and automation software

4.3 /5 (157 reviews) Write a Review!

• Industry: Medical Practice

Mass Emails made easy, especially if you do Campaigns

Reviewed on 2021-02-10

I found it a little bit of a learning curve, because it is powerful and has a lot of html graphical ability which is pretty and designer friendly like if I was a web designer, which I am not. The greatest equalizer there is the award winning easily accessible tech support. Their customer service is hospitality devine!

Pros

The ability to use multiple lists, OR the same list with segments.

Cons

I would love to be able to sort alphabetically inside AWeber my lists, to match with other databases to ensure that I have not missed someone. You have to export to excel for that feature or functionality. One other element threw me, it's case sensitive in other words if you search KATHY you will not find Kathy.

Suzanne S.

AWeber can help you improve your email marketing

Reviewed on 2020-05-13

Overall, it's been satisfactory. It's possible I could have benefited more by using their tutorials and calling support. It has collected subscribers easily for me and it's been effortless in maintaining them over the years. I haven't used any other programs and have considered switching recently, but I'm not sure if I would be able to transfer my subscriber information easily.

Pros

I started using AWeber to college subscribers to my college prep mailing list. They offered an affordable way to college email subscribers and sell my college product. Once subscribers are collected you can create email marketing campaigns using newsletters. It also allows you to manage your subscribers and determine which emails are effective.

Cons

From the beginning, it was a bit difficult to navigate the program. I have had problems with their templates and understanding how to use them. I also was not happy with the increase in cost from $19 to $29 when my subscribers reached a certain threshold. I have also had trouble with understanding how to schedule emails and use the data to my benefit.

Jorden B.

• Customer Support Software

My email server of choice!

Reviewed on 2018-06-30

Pros

I've been using Aweber since the very beginning of my online business about 7-8 years ago. It integrates well with other services to make an automated flow of things. I love the segmentation I can do. Just the overall ease of using it. Oh, and their customer service is INCREDIBLE. Probably one of my favorite features. There is someone live to chat with within seconds to help you. Incredible support, no waiting.

Cons

Of course, like any new tool, is the learning curve at the beginning. But once you understand the different things you can do with your email lists...it's easy. And depending how complex or simple you do things to send emails, it can be super simple to get started.

Response from AWeber Communications

Thanks so much for your feedback, Jorden! We really appreciate it. We're always looking for ways to shorten the learning curve and make using our platform as easy as possible. If you have any questions or need any help with your account, please let us know!

Brandon O.

Kehinde A.

My experience with Aweber

Reviewed on 2017-12-22

For easy to use Email Marketing Platform, Aweber is just the best that I have used.

Pros

The singular thing I so much love about Aweber is their User Interface UI. It is so simple and straightforward. Everything you needed are at the right place.

Their inbox rate in superb, from experience I normally have up to100% inbox rate. My list is less than 2000 subscribers but then I believe their system sends out emails as though it's sending directly to one person at a time.

Their landing pages are simple and easy to customize. They have Javascript, plugins for different CMS and blogging platform and Html though I use the html mostly.

Cons

Actually, Many times I had wanted to create a more sophisticated web forms but their platform is not compatible for it. What I am trying to say is that I have had needs for forms that help people to take a short survey thereby building my list with it or a two-step form but the feature is included.
Aside that, every other things are just perfect.

Curt S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Good Value Overall

Reviewed on 2019-09-01

Overall we are happy with Aweber, despite it not being a perfect solution. They treat us well but can be a bit slow to respond to some types of support requests. New features are added pretty regularly, although some of the things we have requested don't get done.

Pros

Reasonably easy to use overall. Creating emails and campaigns is fairly straightforward. Deliverability is decent.

Cons

Deliverability is decent, but we do run into problems occasionally. Support is decent, but not excellent. Sometimes I have been told that there is no known problem when emails we send are clearly being rejected by a particular network.

Matthew L.

Why AWeber?

Reviewed on 2016-12-20

When you go with AWeber, you get the complete email managerial package. Simply, opt-in forms are available to embed in your website, which AWeber used to collect subscriber details. You can send out fully customizable emails manually or on an automated schedule. AWeber further allows you to segment your subscriber list down by subscriber behavior and even target content, allowing you to choose who gets what, and when. Tailoring your content to fit your subscribers is basically a gauranteed way to increase your views and subscriber base and conversion rates.

Pros

AWeber provides a simple interface which is easy to manage, and they also provide a large array of tutorials to help make the learning process a bit easier. The templates they provide are also of grat value as well. Tracking subscriber behavior and data is a huge bonus to help improve your conversions. A free 30-day trial is always a huge bonus as well.

Cons

A little more expensive than the alternatives. Template quality leaves a little to be desired as well, and the inability to send video via email seems like an outdated issue that should have been solved a long time ago.

• Industry: Defense & Space
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Build Countless Email Marketing Funnels and Lists

Reviewed on 2017-10-17

Set up a number of marketing funnels to capture and follow up with leads

Pros

Aweber helps you build countless email marketing funnels for your business. It:

* allows you to have a range of email marketing campaigns
* makes the opt-in box for your website visitors to enter (you can even customize the information you want from them (name, email address etc) to become a subscriber
* allows you create a series of emails to go to each of your campaigns' subscribers
* allows you to decide when your emails should be delivered

Cons

Set-up can be a bit cumbersome. You also need to have a clear business process map so you can decide how to manage your subscribers. Aweber assumes you have already done this. I recommend investing some time upfront to figure this out before you start

Nkululeko C.

• Customer Support Software

My Best Favorite Email Marketing And Automation Software.

Reviewed on 2020-04-08

If you're starting out a business that requires email marketing trust me Aweber is a go to, it helps us o keep on track on our active subscribers and the open rates of our email campaigns.

Pros

Feature I like the most that has recently launched on AWeber built-in landing page.

Aweber gives you the ability to track the performance of your emails campaign by showing you Open Rates And also Click Rates.

Being abe to send an automated emails into our subscribers even welcoming messages.

The great thing about Aweber you able to import your existing list but only the people gave their permission to be into your list.

Aweber it very affordable you can start with a basic plan.

It is easy to use and most powerful feature is the Drag and Drop editor.

The customer support is very outstanding and helpful

Cons

It doesn't have a Freemium plan but you get a Free 30 Days trail to test things.

My business uses Aweber for email marketing so far I haven't any issues with software

Richard B.

• Customer Support Software

AWeber Free is the best place to start using email marketing

Reviewed on 2021-03-26

It took me a while before I started the training modules, but once I did, using AWeber to achieve my goals became Very Easy Indeed.

Pros

Their training is exceptional. The modules are short, pertinent and to-the-point. Examples are shown for each feature, so you can SEE what you have just done. Their "homework" is also beneficial as it complements your busiess.

Cons

I love it all, nothing I dislike at all. If the user follows the training and does not try to go it alone, it is the easiest way to get fully involved (and very good at) email marketing.

Kenneth D.

• Customer Support Software

Using Aweber with 8 Figure Dream Lifestyle.

Reviewed on 2018-07-02

Pros

Good for tracking leads and email marketing. Scripts set up for me through 8fdl. Great content. My VA sets up the leads and then the process starts and all I have to do is follow up once in a while.

Cons

Haven't used it long enough to see any problems. Seems to be a good platform but not infallible. The email address was missing one letter and website link was not active. They fixed it.

Amanda V.

I Used to Love Aweber, It is great for a beginner

Reviewed on 2020-07-21

I was very happy with it in the beginning, it just didn't meet my needs as my business grew.

Pros

I liked that it was a low annual fee for my needs. I liked that they were pretty good at following trends, like customizing user experience for my email members.

Cons

Honestly, I really did enjoy using this service, my business needs just grew and it didn't grow along with it fast enough for me. It was pretty hard to get everything I needed to communicate across my multiple platforms, so I eventually moved to an all-in-one platform to make my business life much easier. But they were great for a beginnner.

Response from AWeber

Thanks for your feedback, Amanda. We really appreciate it. Just for your awareness, a lot has changed with our platform since you left. We've been releasing tons of new features. If you're ever interested in taking another look at AWeber, we'd love to have you back. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Uma maheshwar C.

Great Email Marketing Platform

Reviewed on 2020-04-11

Same as mentioned above.

Pros

A very User-friendly platform I found it to be. Their chat support is the best I have ever come across. even during my early days with them in the most basic plan, they treated me like a VIP. Felt really good about it. so stuck with them

Cons

Nothing as such so far. All there feature have been pretty cool. Now they have even included landing pages

Jared S.

• Customer Support Software

Best email automation software on the market

Reviewed on 2019-08-03

Overall a great software to use as a small business owner.

Pros

Great functional email automation software. Easy to set up campaigns and automate. Also a great service rate per month.

Cons

Sometimes linking other software to this program was complicated such as Clickfunnels. Thankfully an AWeber team member made integration smoother.

Mujib J.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Top email marketing

Reviewed on 2020-10-30

Pros

It's really tuned towards small businesses providing a great solution to email marketing...we were able to easily upload our email list and manage our broadcasting and communication ...placing our messages directly before our customers ..providing followup on rotation and cycle

Cons

Improved customers support, it seems to increase in price according to your email size for me so far these are the only things I found as Cons with AWeber

Tom P.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

A good email autorepsonder for beginners

Reviewed on 2020-07-24

Great tool for starting out building an email list

Pros

Simple and easy to use email autoresponder

Cons

Lacks the features from some of its competitors, esepcially if you want more advanced marketing automation

Response from AWeber

Hi Tom. Thanks for your review! We would love to learn more about the features you're looking for so we can share that information with our product team for future consideration. Please contact our Customer Solutions team.

Georgy B.

• Customer Support Software

Great customer services and delivery rates!

Reviewed on 2020-02-26

Pros

Great customer services, always go above and beyond to help clients! Easy to use solution to automate emails and start segmenting your list.

Cons

We still use Aweber to this day for our email automation campaigns and I can truly say its one of the best.

Email autoresponder worth having

Reviewed on 2018-07-19

Pros

Customer support is great. Easy to set up and use. Can schedule emails easily. Overall, I think this service has better deliverability than other services.

Cons

would like to be able to move people from list to list and start different follow up series based on their activity.

The most powerful email automation solution available

Reviewed on 2019-01-26

Pros

It's the most flexible/powerful solution for setting up an automated series of email responses for a sales a funnel.

Cons

The interface is clunky. They have been improving it over the years, but for the most part I just got used to how it works.

James M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

AWeber: Email Marketing At it's BEST!

Reviewed on 2019-01-28

I'm a little burnt out on the term funneling but I guess I could live with that. 8-)

Pros

We like this Email Marketing Product so much we're thinking of also becoming an Affiliate. The Templates are great and cover any type of project you might have in mind. The layout is a breeze and it's pretty much just drag and drop! There is the ability to create emails from blog posts which I highly recommend you take the time to learn how to do! Database and Automation a Breeze! Tagging allows for automated campaigns.. Just go do a Free Trial and You'll be Hooked!

Cons

There really aren't any Cons that I could find which is Great. Yes you do have to budget for this product but then you will get a substantial ROI if you pay attention to their Tutorials.

Cheryce E.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great for marketing

Reviewed on 2019-08-27

Overall it’s a great tool and I do recommend it to anyone that needs it.

Pros

Great marketing software that allows email marketing, landing pages, sales funnel etc. All the tool to carry out a marketing campaign all at a reasonable cost in comparison to its competitors

Cons

Even though the site is not hard to navigate but to someone who is new to marketing they wouldn’t know where to start but there is support that you can turn to in the help section.

• Industry: Renewables & Environment

• Customer Support Software

The best manager for your social media and auto mails

Reviewed on 2018-12-14

Pros

It's ability to schedule and send emails to my blogs subscribers at different hours is perfect for my business

Cons

It does not have an option to pause emails once scheduled

Response from AWeber Communications

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback. I saw your comment about not being able to pause emails once scheduled, and wanted to let you know that we do have this feature available. All you need to do is click the unschedule button on a broadcast, or the "Pause campaign" button on an automated campaign. We'd be happy to walk through how to do this with you - please contact our customer solutions team for assistance.

Brandon O.

Good Email Marketing Software, Kind of pricey

Reviewed on 2019-01-18

Pros

Good options for email marketing software
Never ran into problems or glitches

Cons

The price is kind of high
Competitors have better priced services

Caleb c. W.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

AWeber is outstanding. Its on my BEST list.

Reviewed on 2018-06-27

Pros

I like what it does for me. Makes life easy. The customer support is AWESOME.
Quite simply it does its job so I don't have to, that's why I use it.

Cons

The only con is the cost. Fact is, it's well worth the money. You get more than you pay for thanks to the customer service.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

• Customer Support Software

A bit clunky but functional.

Reviewed on 2018-03-05

Pros

The entry level price point is great. Overall the email design features and reporting is great. I had nothing but great experiences with customer service.

Cons

However, it's just a bit clunky. The functionality isn't intuitive and the design isn't clean. It makes for a less than ideal user experience which I was never able to get over. Eventually I switch to a competitor.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

I've had a great overall experience with AWeber

Reviewed on 2019-03-24

This program has been very helpful in launching several campaigns across different brands and business lines, and helps us see the big picture of our marketing efforts, including open rates, click rates, and top line results all in one place as soon as you login.

Pros

I liked that you are able to do a live demo right on the screen to walk through any features that you have questions about; the ability to chat live with a customer support rep also helps when you have questions that you need answered right away.

Cons

The ability to add an email template using a customized layout or customized code can be an extra effort and is an extra cost to the user.