AWeber

Powerfully-simple email marketing and automation software

4.0/5

Awogor M.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Poor Deliverability For Me Best Tagging Experience

Reviewed on 2021-02-23

My experience with Aweber's customer support even when I start as a free trial was something to take home about.

It's easy to create both HTML templates for your emails and also, their easy drag and drop email builder makes it possible to design your email templates or pick from the library of already made templates and edit your campaigns.

Email campaigns can also be shared with someone else to import all the flows to their autoresponder with Aweber and save a lot of stress.

Pros

I love Aweber's ease of signing up plus, it's a powerful autoresponder with a nice user interface, great email list management, custom segmentation, and the fact that it even delivers analytics to your email after sending an email campaign makes it my favorite. As compared to ConvertKit, Aweber is still cheap and an affordable autoresponder to rely on.

Aweber has outstanding customer service which you can reach at any point in time from email, live support, and phone call.

Cons

Aweber's Campaign flows feature is currently my third best but then it lacks some features as compared to sender. An example of that feature I was looking for is setting a condition of either a subscriber is qualified to receive the next flow or change a path. That which I can't find in an expensive autoresponder like Aweber.

ConvertKit and Sender

Reasons for Choosing AWeber

I was promoting Affiliate products and MailChimp had to shut me down and that was why I sourced for another autoresponder which can give me control over my list, what I send and when I send to them.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

I read a lot of reviews about successful affiliate marketers using Aweber to make money and I thought I should go for it. Plus, I liked their Free trial which offers almost everything the paid plan offers with 500 subscribers.
Sedrick M.

A happy marketer!

Reviewed on 2021-10-20

AWeber is a great software.

Pros

All of the features are great. I plan to continue to use this software.

Cons

Pricing could be lower. I'm on a budget.

B.a. I.

• Customer Support Software

Good for a small company mail list, but lacks integration

Reviewed on 2021-01-08

Also, it became too costly an option when trying to integrate my WooCommece store data without purchasing a $49 plugin. The more I wanted to do, the fewer options because available not making this a suitable option for me. Overall, my experience with AWeber was less than stellar and I had to drop it for a better solution.

Pros

AWeber is good for maintaining a customer list and sending campaigns. It also provides the capability to use a single list among a couple websites with some integration and upgrades. Overall, I would consider it an entry-level list management option.

Cons

AWeber lacks the capability to integrate multiple website data seamlessly without some third-party apps. Not being able to maintain a single list among my three websites was a definite downside to continuing using the software. The form builder and landing pages were difficult and cumbersome to configure, setup and integrate. The RSS options was clunky and the templates were lacking any customization.

Trello, ActiveCampaign and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing AWeber

I was looking for a better solution for the limitation in Mailchimp, but AWeber was less than stellar. Mailchimp did not give me much analytical data and email marketing options.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

I initially choose AWeber because I thought it was a improvement over Mailchimp. However, it did not meet my needs as well. So, I switched to ActiveCampaign and glad I did.
Carol M.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

• Customer Support Software

Aweber helps even non-techies succeed!

Reviewed on 2019-09-25

Whenever I've had a question and called Aweber they have been absolutely WONDERFUL with explaining things, walking me through my challenges, and helping answer my questions. Sometimes they've even fixed things for me. Their customer service is stellar and their product is DEPENDABLE. They must have an amazing team because the product and the customer service have never let me down over the 9 years that I've been with them.

Pros

I wasn't very technical, but Aweber still made it easy to succeed at newsletters and broadcasts. My first newsletter went out to less than 20 people, but Aweber helped me look like a pro. I LOVED the email collection options. I found the perfect sign-up forms and they are both still adding names to my email list. One form is in the right-hand column of my website (on every page). The other form is a hover light box that shows up on select pages exactly when I choose. It's amazing! The editor works great and the fact that I can copy a previous broadcast email and reinvent it simplifies my life.

Cons

I'm not a techie, so I haven't explored this software a lot. I guess the part that I like the least is the fact that there are so MANY options! Split-tests, analytics, parsing...make my head spin, so I tend to ignore those options.

Kenny K.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use email marketing platform

Reviewed on 2021-07-21

AWeber is easy to use and I've always received great support when I contacted their helpdesk. Usually got helped within minutes. I can tell the support agents and team really care about the customers. I would recommend AWeber if you're looking for a good email marketing platform that offers great email deliverability and customer support.

Pros

I like how easy AWeber is to get started with. Everything is well-organized (lists, subscribers, tags...) and you can quickly have your email list ready to accept subscribers. I found other autoresponders or email marketing tools either too complicated or lacking features. AWeber keeps it easy for beginners and has quite some advanced features for the professional email marketer. It also has many integrations with other tools, which is good for the professionals.

Cons

No cons here. I've been using this tool for over a decade. If I'm being picky, maybe some extra automations could be added, but so far I've been able to do all the things that are essential for my email business.

Jessie L.

Good for getting started

Reviewed on 2021-01-09

I used AWeber for a few years with my first business and was very happy for the price. I had their most basic paid plan which did everything I needed at the time. I will say after taking a year off and reopening this year, AWeber came in second (in a list of 10 options) when making my decision for what to use for the reopening.

Pros

When I started my first solo business and needed a way to send emails to a list, Weber was where I started. I had little knowledge about what I might need and wanted a way to get started with as little friction as possible. AWeber did just that.

Cons

Probably user inexperience on my end, but I couldn't get a handle on how to best use tags and segments to my advantage.

Mailchimp and Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

I wanted something a little more "professional" than free options while still being simple and budget friendly.
Justin M.

• Customer Support Software

Simple and effective email marketing tool

Reviewed on 2021-03-12

Very good. We have kept this service for a number of years because of their support and functionality. Every software has its issues but if their support team are quick and effective it makes it a great software.

Pros

I like how you can easily put together a broadcast email here.

Their support team are fantastic.

Cons

I think that it can be a little easier to turn off double opt-in for subscribers.

Sendinblue

The reviews.
  • Industry: Media Production

Great Pricing, Amazing Support

Reviewed on 2019-03-05

Solid, solid, solid.

Pros

Amazing support, I did a side by side comparison customer support test for 5 other vendors and they responded the most thoroughly and the fastest. The API is thorough and haven't had any issues. Interface just works. It has all the stuff you need. The unlimited email sends for pricing is great, most vendors charge you for emails after a certain point.

Cons

The templates were a bit confusing, wish it had an advanced mode for interface with more bells and whistles so you don't have to use API to make anything advanced.

Elizabeta K.

• Customer Support Software

Build your email list with Aweber

Reviewed on 2021-08-02

Pros

I use this software from the beginning. In the meantime, I tried almost all autoresponders but this one has the best deliverability and single optin. They have 24/7 support and you can solve any issue immediately.
You can import the campaigns, duplicate them with share code, setlist automation. Many autoresponders don't allow to promote affiliate links only website links. Aweber is not among them.

Cons

You can't put the tracking code on their website builder

Mike W.

Aweber is Great for Beginners

Reviewed on 2021-01-30

I started with Aweber back in 2011 and it's been good. However, with multiple products, I think it could be more robust with the tagging and segmenting.

Pros

Easy to use and amazing customer support!

Cons

The tagging is difficult to use and doesn't function like I'd want it to. You also pay for a subscriber more than once if he or she is on multiple lists (example: 2 of your products).

Evan M.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Aweber good product that is priced comprable with it's competitors

Reviewed on 2021-01-07

It was good while I used it but I was a small business when I used it and went with a more affordable option. However, it is a really good product and will satisfy your email marketing and communication needs.

Pros

It offers all the key features, like import mailing list and host, different templates, reporting, RSS, landing pages and although I never did this I believe it integrates with third party applications. Although its not the cheapest, I do like their pricing model and how it based of the size of your list or subscribers. It's not a freemium model where you have to pay for all these extra features.

Cons

Marketing automation is super basic and there are cheaper options which offer more automation in this area. Some of the templates look like they are from the early 2000's and super outdated. Also they claim support is 24/7 but usually you have to submit a ticket and wait hours to hear back.

Eric H.

not the best

Reviewed on 2018-12-12

Pros

Easy to build campaigns and schedule deliveries

Cons

doesn't have extensive stats, hard to move and delete contacts in bulk. Delivery was up and down

Response from AWeber Communications

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your feedback and review. I'm sorry to hear you had some trouble with delivery. We'd be happy to look into this for you. I'm also curious to hear what stats you're looking for that we don't currently offer. Please contact us at https://www.aweber.com/contact-us.htm.

All the best,
Brandon O.

Torgom H.

Boost Your Email Marketing With AWeber

Reviewed on 2021-02-11

Pros

Artificial Intelligence that comes with it helps you segment your leads into your sales funnels

Cons

Your account gets banned without a notice

• Customer Support Software

Great software, good customer service, overpriced for the small biz owner

Reviewed on 2018-06-21

Pros

I really like the freedom of unlimited emails and the plethora of integrations with other apps. AWeber has long been an industry leader and it shows.

Cons

For a small business owner with a small email list (under 1000) AWeber is overpriced. MailChimp and MailerLite offer virtually the same features, for free.

Cheryl R.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great email marketing app

Reviewed on 2020-11-27

Great experience

Pros

User friendly, reporting, autoresponder, email delivery is good.

Cons

Would like to see the help content a bit easier to use.

Sean R.

• Customer Support Software

Great for automating parts of the followup and engagement process

Reviewed on 2017-05-04

Pros

I like the way it can integrate with our landing pages, that the emails are customizable, and that there are analytics showing open and click trough rates. I also like how I can help others implement the app as well, knowing that it will accomplish what they are looking for in an autoresponder.

Cons

As with any new app or technology, there's a learning curve. I like to just jump in and use the application, but aweber requires more time in understanding how it works.

Patricia F.

Awesome product and support

Reviewed on 2019-08-16

Very good customer service support.

Pros

It is straight forward and easy to use with its drag and drop function. You can create as many lists as you like.

Cons

I think that Aweber should increase the number of email contacts on their free version to get more people using the product. I liked that with Mailchimp - first 2000 users for free.

Pontus B.

helped me alot.

Reviewed on 2020-02-07

overall a very good website to help you with your email marketing and i am very satisfied with the results.

Pros

The best thing about this website is how easy it is to use and how effective it is.

Cons

the cons about it is the layout i think because of the fact that it looks a bit boring in my opinion.

Manjot S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

Great software, easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018-07-17

Pros

I liked using aweber alot, it really helped me setting up email campaigns with lots of options to set up different emails, I could decide when I wanted to send them and to who, very targeted.

Cons

One thing I didn't like was that it was a little expensive at the time and there were cheaper alternatives out there, but it is high quality software.

Lucinda W.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Love AWeber over MailChimp

Reviewed on 2019-02-12

Easy to deal with, clear and easy to use templates.

Pros

I love that I can have entire email sequences to different clients at different times in their life-cycle.

Cons

IT's not as flashy as some others, but that's not a huge heal at all.

Dale C.

This product was excellent

Reviewed on 2016-10-06

The overal experience using this product was outstanding it delivered excellent service and I was very impressed I would recomend anyone use this to their benefit. It was so functional I hardly had any problems using it.

Mark V.

Reviewed on 2018-06-26

Gabrielle B.
  • Used for 1-5 months

ConvertKit is better!

Reviewed on 2019-04-15

Pros

I liked that you could create sales funnels in AWeber.

Cons

I do think that other programs are exactly the same and do the same things more easily and effectively, like ConvertKit.

Tyonna B.

AWeber? I think Yess!

Reviewed on 2016-10-05

I've used this software when subscribing to mailing lists. And it is not hard to use at all. Very easy to use. At least for me it is:)

Narciso O.