AWeber

Powerfully-simple email marketing and automation software

4.3 /5 (147 reviews) Write a Review!
4.3
3.9
4.2
4.1
4.3
Jonas L.
Company size: Self Employed

The easiest autoresponder for beginners

Reviewed on 2018-08-07

Fantastic. I don't think i'll ever change autoresponder. I've tried GetResponse and others and they are also awesome, but I like the simplicity of Aweber so I don't really see why I would ever change.

Pros

I've used Aweber since 2014, and i've NEVER had an issue with them.

Sure, they have downtime just like every other autoresponder a couple times per year, but it's always fixed really quickly.

The deliverability is awesome, it's extremely easy to use and their customer is support is insanely responsive. I have had to do a few minor changes to my account every now and then, I kid you not, they have taken care of my issues usually within 2-3 minutes of me opening up the chat (which is now open 24/7)

Cons

I've heard that if you open a new account with Aweber now, you need to use their service for around a month using double optin, which could be annoying. When I set my account up several years ago, I didn't have to do that. So if you're planning on running paid ads etc right away, that might be an issue for you. If not, Aweber is awesome and i'm sure you'll love it.

Response from AWeber Communications

Hi Jonas,

Thanks so much for your feedback! We really appreciate it. I wanted to quickly clarify that, generally speaking, we don't require new customers to use double opt-in after signing up for an account. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help with your account.

Company size: Self Employed

Excellent email marketing for small businesses

Reviewed on 2019-11-29

I've been very happy with Aweber. It's reliable, pretty easy to use, and can do everything that I need it to do. It's rare that I need customer service, but their service has been very good when needed.

Pros

Aweber is very powerful with lots of features and options, but still easy to use. You won't have to spend hours trying to figure out how it works. There is very little learning curve.

Cons

The email automation features are a little more limited as compared to some other companies, however, Aweber is priced well and does everything that most small businesses will need.

Garin K.

Was an Aweber customer for years. Decided to switch due to ongoing frustration.

Reviewed on 2018-06-20

Pros

What I like most about Aweber are the integrations it offers. Aweber integrated with my PayPal payment links and automatically created buyers lists as people purchased my products, for example.

Cons

What I like least about Aweber is how they charge for unsubscribes. On numerous occasions the unsubscribes on my list, which I was not mailing to, pushed to list total in the next pricing bracket.

When I noticed and called about this it the fee was reversed however due to the occasions when I was unaware unsubscribes were costing me money, or did not promptly delete unsubscribes from my list, I was charged hundreds of dollars that I would have saved if unsubscribes were not counted as part of my list total.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Good if you're starting out

Reviewed on 2018-10-20

Pros

Aweber is easy to use, cost effective and great if you're just starting out. Great autoresponder.

Cons

Lacks features such as advanced marketing automation. They introduced some marketing automation but it is still not sufficient or satisfying when compared to the features offered by competitors.

Response from AWeber Communications

Thanks so much for your feedback! We'd love to learn more about the features you feel are missing. Would you be open to discussing in more detail with us? If so, please contact us at [email protected]

Thanks,

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Nancy B.
Industry: Consumer Services

Key Tool for the Business Toolbox

Reviewed on 2019-05-24

We need a customizable system for staying in touch with and responding to our eclectic customer base. Aweber was the perfect tool to help us do just that.

Pros

It gives us the flexibility we need to create a robust customer contact system, and allows us to grow organically in the process.

Cons

Some of the features require a fair amount of technical skill; we've had a steeper learning curve than we expected, but in the end it was worth it.

Jacob W.
Industry: Newspapers

Really bad platform

Reviewed on 2018-07-15

I did not get many benefits and had a bad experience overall - i no longer care this happened months ago I am over it but since I am writing a review on software i have used, I would advise all honestly to stay away as my story seems far from unique and had other bad experiences which i don't have time to list - MailChimp is a pretty good alternative if you are checking out ESPs

Pros

It is relatively easy to use its not hard to figure out for most beginners and has basic templates and campaigns which should

Cons

Stay away! Their RSS campaign did not send out for a while and then on its own sent out 6 emails at once really pissing off our readers they offered us a discount of 30% if we signed a two year contract after I said it was an inexcusable mistake which cost me hundreds of dollars in unsubscribes and possibly thousands and pissed off my entire email list. 30% off their inflated high price which they had just boosted was not worth it - i have heard many experts and users tell me of Aweber nightmare stories since my experience. I would recommend mailchimp as an option for basic users, i would advice all to stay away from Aweber

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Industry: Computer Software

Your emails will land in Inbox for sure.

Reviewed on 2019-01-21

Pros

There are several email marketing apps out there. The good thing about AWeber is that they tightly control their platform which makes the email deliverability high.

Cons

They need to step up the game with marketing automation. A basic thing missing is - follow up feature in broadcasts email whereby an email should be sent after x days if it is not opened.

Response from AWeber Communications

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will pass your request for an automated re-send of broadcasts to non-openers to our product team. If there's anything else you need or have feedback on, please let us know.

Ella G.
Industry: Management Consulting

Email Client For Biz Owners

Reviewed on 2017-10-11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall, I'm glad I went back to Aweber. It's just easier!

Pros

1. Customer service is amazing and they are available to all plan levels
2. It's so easy to create great looking emails
3. Connects to Zapier

Cons

1. Campaigns and Legacy Followup Series is a little confusing. They are not both the same or an upgrade of the other. So it's a bit confusing which one should be used

Dawn M.
Industry: Accounting

Pretty Basic

Reviewed on 2018-12-08

Overall, I would deem Aweber a pretty basic service. It's great for sending rich text emails that are limited in pics. You can't go wrong if you're using it for affiliate marketing or some sense of a platform where you don't need a bunch of customization.

Pros

I like that the software allows you to build autoresponders that are pretty easy to format. I particularly like the feature that allows you to schedule subsequent autoresponder emails precisely after another , with the sequences being quite a bit more flexible than some others I've tried.

Cons

The software, overall, is not very good as a drag and drop softwares. In comparison to other easy email services, I think the overall visual of the platform is dull. It's not very pleasing to the eye and the features are not as straightforward.

Response from AWeber Communications

Hi Dawn,

Thanks so much for your review and feedback - we really appreciate it! We'd love to dive deeper into your feedback with you to help us improve the product. If you're willing to chat about your feedback, please contact us at [email protected]

Thanks,

Why I use Aweber over the competition

Reviewed on 2018-10-18

I've tried various email services multiple times, but I feel the most drawn to Aweber. I like the ease of their email editor. I also like how easy it is to change the order of my legacy follow-up series by simply dragging & dropping the emails in whatever order I wish on the fly. Yes, Aweber is a little more expensive than some other platforms, but I'd rather pay a bit more for something that fits my needs than to be irritated all the time.

Pros

I've used various email marketing platforms, and I find Aweber's email editor the easiest to use. It's simple and easy, as it should be. I don't feel like I'm fighting with it to get to work properly, and it makes writing and structuring emails the way I want a piece of cake.

Cons

I don't like that I have to get in contact with Aweber to turn off double opt-in on some lists, even if I've already turned it off myself in my backend settings. That's my main complaint as it consumes more time than it needs to.

Response from AWeber Communications

Thanks so much for your review and feedback! We really appreciate it!

Lauris J.

Simple but effective autoresponder

Reviewed on 2019-08-30

Pros

With Aweber is easy to create automatic campaigns. Many nice looking templates included. Messages has good deliverability. Affordable starting price.

Cons

It doesn't provide visual automation sequence builder.

Les P.

Aweber app for non coders

Reviewed on 2017-12-21

Pros

I liked the ui for setting up forms quite a bit. It was really very customizable. I also found the statistics for my mailings very useful.

Cons

Speed. Using aweber meant that my app needed to make another call to a separate url to get the form. Increasing the number of different calls the app needs to make decreased the overall speed of the site.
Other than this, AWeber has an excellent product.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Moses T.
Industry: Design

Aweber email

Reviewed on 2019-08-06

Pros

Very easy to learn as a new user. It is affordable for a small biz

Cons

It does not allow for easy automation. Can be frustrating. User interface is too old

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Evelynna M.

AWeber Email Marketing facilitates the process of creating massive campaigns

Reviewed on 2018-06-30

create campaigns quickly and professionally saving a lot of time, now it is possible with AWeber Email Marketing

Pros

A great advantage compared to other programs is that AWeber Email Marketing solves your concerns thanks to live assistance, either through chat or personal calls. In other companies I had to wait for hours to solve my doubts.

Cons

Some templates are simple for my taste and for my niche market, but this is only a small detail compared to the benefits obtained thanks to this software.

Joani W.
Industry: Insurance
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Building Your List With AWeber

Reviewed on 2019-05-20

I use AWeber to create email campaigns for my insurance business and for affiliate marketing. It is an excellent tool, user-friendly, and very affordable.

Pros

I like the ease of creating email campaigns to help build my client base.

Cons

They offer various templates for your email campaigns, but functionality can be tricky sometimes.

James H.
Industry: Photography

Keeping our client base appraised of current Virtual Tours of Homes for sale

Reviewed on 2020-03-22

We’ve only been using Aweber for about two weeks. I wish I would have listened to our mentor a long time ago and set this up. It’s a great marketing tool in getting our virtual tours out to Realtors on a regular basis. It keeps us in front of our clients, let’s them know we are here, gives them an additional marketing resource and strategy, and let’s them know we are keeping them in the know. We produce Real Estate Virtual Tours so the Realtors get up to date new listing information which allows them to reach their clients faster and in a novel approach.

Pros

The ease of adding subscribers to the list. The depth of information available concerning hits by our subscribers. The time saver in getting the info out to our subscribers in a very timely manner.

Cons

The setting up of the interface with our site, while not too difficult, did require some careful steps.

Monica W.

Aweber Review

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020-02-21

Aweber is easy to use and it has all the essentials but some of its competitors have more advanced features, like a landing page editor. The price is not bad and it's good that Aweber offers a 30 day free trial. Customer service is great if any issues arise. My overall experience with Aweber is a good one.

Pros

I like Aweber because it's very easy to use. I like their ability to import a database of subscribers via files or I can add individual email addresses. I like Aweber's newsletter templates and there are a lot! The templates are resized according to what device is used when viewing it, which is very cool! Also Aweber's email analytics are very good.

Cons

I don't like that people that already unsubscribed count towards the monthly qouta, but it's okay because those that unsubscribed can be removed. The layout is a little outdated.

Company size: 10,000+ Employees

A Powerful Email marketing tool you should never miss to try

Reviewed on 2019-04-03

It takes care of our all email marketing needs. We are thinking to expand it throughout the company

Pros

I love the fact that it so many e-newsletter templates.
A/B testing of your emails is really easy
Various integration options such as Salesforce .etc
Superb support.

Cons

I see that the price is bit high compared to its competitors.

Aweber Review

Reviewed on 2019-05-03

Aweber has allowed use to save tons of time on our email campaigns. It is very easy to use.

Pros

This auto email software was very easy to use and had great deliverability.

Cons

Nothing yet, We recently started using it for our business.

Brady P.

Outdated and needs improvement

Reviewed on 2018-12-05

Pros

I like its simplicity and ease of use. I can't fault it for that and when you pair it with AW Pro Tools it actually works great. I don't think it's worth the money without it however.

Cons

No automations. It's still way better than mailchimp but it's too simple now in the evolving world of marketing. They need to innovate.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

John D.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: Self Employed

Good but there are better options

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019-08-23

I experimented around with it and in the end, I decided to go somewhere else.

Pros

Lots of features and tools to analyze who reads your emails and what impact they make. It is one of the standards of the industry and for a well-established business, it is great.

Cons

The price of the software is way too high for startup companies. While all the features are nice you also being charged for things that you don't use.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Jeffrey P.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Aweber automates marketing

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019-03-12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It was simple to set up, and saved me a bunch of time.

Cons

I was limited with some of the actions I wished I could do with my marketing automation.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Crystal M.
Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

AWeber Email Marketing.

Reviewed on 2016-10-07

I have not had much, but from what I got from AWeber email marketing is hands down excellence. Definitely easy to use, straight forward just the way email marketing should be! Recommending to the people I know that would use this on a daily basis. Customer service was a nice help too when I couldn't figure something out!

Pros

Easy to use. Does what is claims it does.

Cons

There was nothing I would change. Good job.

Jessica B.

We tried it out and loved it

Reviewed on 2016-10-09

It was easy to use and it was customer service was great when I had any problems they responded and was very helpful