RockSolid MAX

Affordable and easy-to-use POS software helps retailers grow

4.0/5
3.5/5
3.6/5
Customer Support Software
3.8/5

Kyle A.

Converted from no POS to full POS implementation

Reviewed on 2021-06-24

RockSolid Max lets me have total control over my inventory and see what direction my sales are heading. This is crucial for retail.

Pros

The features allow for total control of the system. The interfaces are user-friendly. The more time you spend in the system, the more you learn what it can do.

Cons

Integration was tricky at times. Going from no POS to a POS system came with it's own hurdles. At times, I was confusing to know who to contact if something went wrong.

Kinetic

Reasons for Switching to RockSolid MAX

Price
Susan T.

• Customer Support Software

Save money! Save time! Buy RockSolid!

Reviewed on 2014-03-21

Pros

RockSolid is the easiest system to learn and use while saving tons of money on support - real support! The system saves us so much time that we now can do a better job of servicing our customers!

Not only are we saving money on the support, we are saving money on supplies and time! We can do our jobs so much faster now. Ordering; receiving; accounts receivable; end of day, month, and year reports; and just day-to-day operations are so much faster and more efficient! Instead of getting piles of paper that I never used to look at, I get concise, meaningful reports that I need in order to run my business. If I need more, there are tons of reports I can run at any time! I love being a part of the RockSolid family! They actually appreciate my business and friendship! I know I appreciate them!

Cons

I really have nothing that I don't like about this system or vendor!

Greg P.

We enjoy working with Rocksolid Max

Reviewed on 2018-12-27

The people behind it are great to work with.

Pros

The process of quoting, then converting the quote to an order (both customer order, and PO), and then finalizing it with a sell is easy and efficient.

Cons

The reports for inventory and receivables, there are not very many options, and you can't customize them.

Deb M.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Wonderful product

Reviewed on 2019-04-16

Our experience has been wonderful. No problems to speak of.

Pros

The ease of using the product. The folder tabs that you can have show on any screen that you are working in.

Cons

Reports...I wish you didn't have to purchase an outside report maker in order to do specific reports that you want.

Brandon G.

• Customer Support Software

RockSolid MAX is helping transform our business

Reviewed on 2021-07-07

Throughout the process of selection, preparation, implementation, and post-implementation we have nothing but positive interactions with the ECi team. Our project team was really fantastic and engaged. They also helped keep us on task and moving forward to hit the go-live date. I have been very happy with the entirety of the project.

Pros

There are numerous aspects of the software that we love: Barcode support, A/R functionality, document management, inventory management. Overall the software is fairly intuitive and easy to use. We are improving daily with our understanding and capabilities. Overall, the pro's significantly outweigh any cons we've encountered. I would definitely recommend this software as it has some very cool functionality we are easing ourselves into now that we've made the transition.

Cons

So with any out of the box solution, there are going to be challenges. For us there are a couple that were frustrating. First, after an invoice has been processed there can be no changes to it. For example you make a sale to a credit account and the person making the purchase omits the PO#. There is no way to update that field after the fact. Instead you must back the entire transaction out and do it all over. The other challenge are the canned reports. They cover 50% of what we would want to see, in other cases we need to use Crystal Reports. While Crystal reports does work, it is a bit clunky and not very intuitive. So you need to invest time in learning and training on how to use it (we did so with a bunch of online videos which were publicly available).

Lightspeed Retail

Reasons for Choosing RockSolid MAX

The P21 platform we were on was from the late 1990s and could not support where we need to take the business. It was an archaic platform that actually put our entire business at risk if the hardware failed (again 1990s computers).

Reasons for Switching to RockSolid MAX

What it came down to was two variables: First, having a project team who was there with you the entire way was a major decision factor. The other was the overall fit of the software to our business. While there are minor issues where it doesn't fit exactly what we need, the coverage and gains we received for the parts that fit well clearly exceeded the challenges. Without spending 5-10X or more money to get a customized solution, I really believe this was the best investment for our business and so far the benefits are being realized.
Misty S.

• Customer Support Software

This is a powerful program with features we need to adapt too

Reviewed on 2019-09-14

Easier training for new employees. Non inventory items are easier to track without adding or deleting from current inventory. We were the first to use the Repeat Rewards with Rockmaxx and it was great to work with the support team. All customer service has been great with our ups and downs. To realize we have come so far in 6 months is unbelievable. All sales and customer service reps have followed up with our issues. We have felt like they are one of us when a new issue arrives. I feel we have a lot more to learn with this program due to it's size. A few employees have gone back to the training videos to dig in deeper. As with all programs the more you want to learn the easier it is to use

Pros

Look up features are very user friendly if unsure of the correct name for item you can search with minimum effort
Easy use for non tech employees.
Can remote in to system off site.
Price point.
Automatic updates with the cloud based system. No more scheduling these
Automatic backup no expensive server and IT to ensure this is completed.

Cons

These cons are base on using Rock Solid for 13 years.
Task takes multiple windows to complete verse all on one window.
Report program had to purchase another program to receive all reports
Time clock not within another program needed for employees
More steps and windows to complete an easy inventory fix.
No hand held device to scan and print labels as with Rocksolid

Laura R.

Happy with Rocksolid Max

Reviewed on 2021-07-06

Overall I am pretty happy with Rocksolid. I believe we all like it much better than the software we were using beforehand. We also like the people we have worked with from implementation to daily issues.

Pros

Over time I have noticed that Rocksolid seems to be making my job less time-consuming. I am pretty happy with it overall.

Cons

There have been a few times that we have had issues that we have reported and did not get an answer other than they were working on it for months.

Velva S.

Rocksolid max

Reviewed on 2019-12-17

Pros

its more suitable for hardware and lumber stores

Cons

can't be used if the server is not working or down

Daniel K.

Reviewed on 2020-01-02

Overall, it has been a sound investment in the efficiency of our company

Pros

The cloud based format, integration with Orgill, fairly simple learning process

Cons

Online help is difficult to search/navigate, responses from tech support is very slow (they have a solution, it just takes a while to get it

Tessa B.

HONEST REVIEW

Reviewed on 2021-06-24

Pros

THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS PROMPT AND VERY HELPFUL

Cons

NOT KNOWING HOW TO ACCESS ALL PROGRAMS AND UTILIZE IT TO THE MAX

Mary W.

Easy Breezy

Reviewed on 2015-01-07

Pros

The product is easy to use. We can add on what we need easily. When I have questions, I get a quick response.

Cons

The add ons are easy, but for a new shoestring budget start-up, the cost of the add ons can add up.

Bonnie O.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Not Retail Friendly!

Reviewed on 2018-02-03

If you have a high volume of customers at your cash registers DO NOT purchase this program. It runs way to slow and shuts down randomly while wringing people up. I have used 6 different point of sale programs through the years and this is the absolute WORST program I have ever used. I am a bookkeeper and do retail management and I do not recommend this program.

Pros

This would be a very good program for keeping track of sales in an office. You have lots of reports at your disposal.

Cons

Times out constantly while using. Too slow. Can't print duplicate receipts for customers. Can't do proper maintenance on products. Point of Sale and Maintenance are all in the same program so you have to quit what you are doing to ring up a customer and then start all over again from scratch. No ease of access for register people to find products that don't scan. Does not ring up sale items at sale prices. Coupons don't scan properly.

Nobre A.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Product Review

Reviewed on 2014-12-23

Pros

I like the price and value proposition. They have great customer service.

Cons

They provide only annual updates to their software.

Angel C.

Ok POS Sytem.

Reviewed on 2017-08-11

Just feels like they want t get as much money out of the customer as they can with added features that cost extra, which are part of most POS Systems basic package.

Pros

RockSolid is a reliable software with very few glitches. Uptime is high. Easy to learn and operate.

Cons

Important features needed for margins not available. Can not enter more than one product at a time. Does not have a tool to import items.

Debi C.

• Customer Support Software

Its been a game changer for us!

Reviewed on 2021-06-29

The software has allowed us to solve our issues with sales reports, managing inventory and data storage. Since we have gone live, the technical support and training we have received has been outstanding.

Pros

Easy to use and implement. We are more efficient and its helped us bring down operating costs for mailing statements, finding and copying paper invoices and managing our inventory.

Cons

Integration was a little more difficult than what was to be expected.

Archie A.

Very Satisfied

Reviewed on 2020-02-19

Pros

One of the many great features of Rocksolid Max is the path of navigation is pretty much the same in every category . So it makes the software very user friendly for not so technical savvy personnel. Also it has saved much time in purchasing and receiving inventory/orders do to being able to pull data from one document to the next.

Cons

Sometimes with the software being cloud based, the sever can glitch and then in tern it makes your POS system go down until the server comes back.

Joseph S.

• Customer Support Software

The best short and long term investment any business owner can make.

Reviewed on 2017-09-19

Really just the best all around system. Rocksolid has saved me Tens of thousands of dollars in the past in saved workers, JIT inventory and so so many more ways.

Pros

Rocksolid is simple, easy accurate and dependable. When/if it breaks down (CSR) will fix it. EVERYTIME. There is not enough I can say about this system after 12 years of use. It always exceeds my expectation, and the people are exceptional.

Cons

Everything is the best. No short comings. I would like to access my rocksolid computers through my phone though.

Fred K.

Worst Point of Sale software I have ever used.

Reviewed on 2017-12-15

This would have been an ok system 20 years ago. I had a competitors system, switched to Rock Solid, and decided to switch back after 10 months.
When inquiring with support on features all but once I was informed our system cannot do that. Support was decent, except I was on hold close to supporting hours ending when the recording stated "support hours have ended please call again tomorrow" and hung up on me. I was furious since the system was locked up I could not even run a customer purchase.
I would not recommend this system for an advanced user. I would compare ECI software Windows 98, years behind everyone else.
The reason I gave ECI one star is because I could not give it zero stars.

Cons

So many things you cannot do. ie email a purchase order, re email an invoice or run a receiving report for goods received.
Takes too many steps to accomplish a task such as looking up an item with an unknown stock number.

Jerrod B.

• Customer Support Software

RockSolid POS is terrible!

Reviewed on 2015-02-25

Pros

ECi's personnel oversold the software. This software is nothing more than an overpriced upgrade from carbon copy receipts. Save your money and purchase Intuit. I have been way more satisfied as a Construction Supplier with QuickBooks.

Cons

The so called customer support is non-existent! If you feel that your software was not implemented correctly or need additional support, forget it!

Diane S.
  • Industry: Farming

• Customer Support Software

Very poor product with poor support.

Reviewed on 2014-11-12

Pros

It is really easy to use.

Cons

It does not keep inventory correctly. Also, support is almost nonexistent.

Loy R.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Loy's Review

Reviewed on 2021-06-29

Fair - no one wants to help with Crystal Reports - everyone will just pass buck or say we really don't do that...

Pros

Ease of use and ease of training others.

Cons

no pick ticket option. No real way of delivering goods and showing what is on hand vs. on back order. Should have a pick ticket version that converts to order. No way to modify an order after complete, should always be able to modify then generate invoicing after 5:00. Receiving is clunky, need a simple on order vs received at this time. Have to dig a lot to find answer to receiving. Need an option to reprint invoices in bulk or transmit, currently sends in separate pdf's.

Terry I.

Almost 2 years in and not totally convinced yet

Reviewed on 2019-01-09

We are committed to Rocksolid Max but the learning curve has been extremely steep

Pros

The actual point of sale function works awesome! The options and functionality available are a huge step above our old software.

Cons

The inability to reverse mistakes. The integration with our accounting software has been brutal. Availability of training for the software seems to be lacking.

Sharon W.

Easy to learn

Reviewed on 2017-08-08

I think all in all, they have a great software program for our hardware store. It fits us well without breaking the bank.

Pros

I am fortunate that I get to use both sides of the system. The POS and Roman. Both sides are easy to navigate. The inventory control is fabulous! Especially helpful when you are trying to do your weekly order. You scan something with the handheld and your inventory number for that item is right in front of you. You can do this quickly and make any corrections if necessary right then and there. It saves you time. In Roman, the ease of printing and or emailing monthly statements is wonderful! Easy program to keep track of our customer accounts. Also like the availability of useful reports to keep track of your business.

Cons

I wish at times it was quicker to get in touch with someone regarding an issue. Sometimes, you would like an answer right away to free yourself up to move on to the next thing. But, all in all, I DO LIKE the system! There isn't a perfect system out there, they all have their quirks now and again. If someone is turned off by these little bumps in the road here and there, then they are NOT being realistic.
When you do get in touch with someone, they know what they are doing and take care of your issue completely! They get the job done and correctly! No complaints with their expertise, that's for sure.

Jay F.

• Customer Support Software

We have the system for over 15 years. We operated 3 hardware stores on a multi-store...

Reviewed on 2017-07-22

The Rock Solid system in our True Value hardware store allows my wife and I to travel and still have the controls necessary to conduct our business , even remotely.

Pros

The system is efficient. We handle about 250 customers per day with 2 point-of-sale units and 2 extra terminals on the sales floor and 2 in the office. We process 80% of our sales on credit cards with the new Cayan system which also is very efficient. We have house charge accounts who receive emailed invoices and statements. The reports are plentiful and the support from True Value is experienced and thorough. We utilize the employee time clock and all our employees find the system easy to operate and with our cable internet provider, quick.

Cons

I am happy to say that I cannot think of any "cons". The original system was developed by a computer person for a hardware store owner. The 2 guys then formed Rock Solid and further advanced the POS structure to make it available to retail hardware, garden centers and rental facilities in our industry.

Please feel free to call me for any further information. Jay Feinsod 914-447-5935

Peter S.

Satisfied Long Term User of Rock Solid

Reviewed on 2017-07-27

Be confident in the software and the customer service/follow up. As a user i have never felt isolated. There is a strong desire within ECI to get feedback from the users and incorporate individual needs into the software where possible to the benefit of the users.

Pros

Its easy and logical to use and teach to new staff members. Down time is effectively zero and when issues have arisen customer support has been superb. Essentially we can forget about the system and concentrate on our customers. The system is flexible to my business and even has the ability to structure reports for my individual needs.

Cons

Its nice to say that its hard to think of a negative. If there is a down side to the system i have yet to find it!