Cogsworth

Smart online scheduling software for service industries

Customer Support Software
4.9/5

Tamara S.

Very useful to manage time and have organized, scheduled days and events

Reviewed on 2018-11-04

Pros

While making an appointment, Cogsworth step by step guides you on what to do and on the third step, it gives you the overall image of the appointment. You see the date, time, the city and the country you are in, you also see similar information of your partners.

If you want to have more information on the person contacting you, you can ask them questions like "What's your name?", "What's your email"? "What's your phone number?" and other necessary questions for knowing who you are going to have an appointment with. For a doctor, this is very useful as I can add questions to know which patient has a certain problem.

You will never miss anything as you get notifications. You can even choose to get an SMS if you are going to be without an internet for a while.

Cons

The software doesn't support Indian specific payment gateways

Marcela P.

• Customer Support Software

Easier to do business and improve conversion rates

Reviewed on 2018-11-14

Pros

When a person wants to connect with you and make an appointment after the lead chooses the topic of the appointment, my available date and time slot, I ask for their name and the email so that I can send them customized emails. This is a good way of lead nurturing as you know that if the lead contacted you, wants an appointment with you, he is already in the consideration stage and all I need to give them is guidance, sometimes discounts and special offers. This increases the chance of turning the lead into an actual customer.

I not only save time but also my marketing efforts and budget on it as now me and my team generate leads easier than before using Cogsworth.

I also like the idea of having Privacy and Policy section right under the booking info. So if the lead is concerned about their privacy and how we are going to use their information, they can read all the necessary information.

Cons

I find it difficult to find something I would say I don’t like. I am happy with the features.

Hamlet M.

I wish I Discovered Congsworth erlier

Reviewed on 2018-11-22

Pros

I used to write thousands of emails to people I needed to make appointments with. When I first leant about Cogsworth, I thought it would just save a couple of minues of my time.

But it turned out that I saved lots of time, not just a couple of minutes! Also, I am not good at soft skills so writing emails is usually a torture for me. I need to check everything thousands of times before sending it.

Now, with Cogsworth, I just embed it in my email and the person chooses an available time slot.

Additionally, sometimes I add some questions for the person to answer and it helps me sound more professional, as though I never forget anything.

Cons

I find it difficult to mention something that is a downside for me. Perhaps the only thing is I would like it to have a whitelabel. But it's not disturbing for me so I am satisfied with what I have.

David F.

• Customer Support Software

Really powerful when we got to know it

Reviewed on 2021-05-05

Quite powerful, great customer support

Pros

I was using it for the longest time just to get first timer bookings through the website. Eventually I realised that there are other features that proved very useful like standing appointments- which became a game changer.

Cons

It did not offer a complete run through, which meant that I did not find these features for some time. Or the features were built without announcing them

Arsen G.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

• Customer Support Software

One of the best tools that helped me

Reviewed on 2018-12-20

This is really helpful not only for businesses but also for others who have lots of appointments and need to have a tool to help. For me, using Cogsworth is equal to saving approximately 1.5 hours a day.

Pros

Cogsworth is like my personal assistant but without a voice. I like the way everything works in Cogsworth. Everything is organized and it is really easy to use.

Cons

I think they should improve automated emails they send to their users. I regularly check my emails, even promotional ones.

Fraser M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Brillant

Reviewed on 2018-07-19

Love it. Huge fan. Will recommend to all my clients. Super fast to respond to queries too. Test them and see

Pros

It works brilliantly and does everything u need it to do. Really been a huge help for me and my company. Saved me hour and of work.

Cons

None really. Maybe it’s a new product and had a few things that are coming. Also no app. But that’s all ok really.

Carl D.
  • Industry: Furniture

• Customer Support Software

Awesome support and really useful service

Reviewed on 2018-03-25

Just a tremendous amount of time saved, and efficiency gains.

Pros

I love that it actually works and saves me time and gets me appointments. I am on the free plan, contemplating the upgrade which at this stage is a bit expensive, but Boris tells me that new pricing tiers are imminent.

Cons

Its still a little new, so features are 90% there. Pricing is the next big thing, but both of these things will be fixed according to the CEO.

Lisa E.

• Customer Support Software

Really positive and time saving app

Reviewed on 2018-04-16

Just time saving/

Pros

I like that it is really easy to sync with gsuite, and lets me just check my google calendar for my appointments booked through cogsworth.

Cons

The setup took about 15 min, which I guess isnt that bad in the grand scheme of things, but Im just really time poor.

Alexandra N.

Great- I am so happy I found it!

Reviewed on 2021-09-09

I love it. This is the second software- after airtable- that I couldn't live without.

Pros

I absolutely love Cogsworth- I tried Calendly before and hated it. The pricing is similar, but I find the UI so much more intuitive than Calendly's. I especially like the "generate email signature" feature. It has saved ua a lot of money, because we originally wanted to hire someone to do signatures for us.

Cons

Some integrations aren't as flawless as google cal or zoom- especially ms teams (which we tried before zoom; but this might as well be ms teams, not cogsworth), but we found a way it works for us.

Calendly

Reasons for Choosing Cogsworth

Couldn't handle Calendly

Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Cogsworth

Tried Calendly and didn't like their user interface
Hannah W.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

• Customer Support Software

Cogsworth is a great choice for your scheduling needs

Reviewed on 2020-12-04

As a medical practice that had to switch to virtual appointments when COVID-19 hit, Cogsworth has been immensely helpful in all of our scheduling and booking needs. It was easy to get set up and has been a huge asset to our practice as we were easily able to connect our telehealth video platform to the appointment bookings.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly and has many customizable options making it look and feel like part of your website - not a third party scheduler. The customer support team is fantastic - they have always solved my problems within 24 hours whether it was clarification needed on my end or making an update to the software.

Cons

Add-ons are a little confusing, but all it takes is asking the support team for clarification.

Tigran Y.

• Customer Support Software

It is a good software for managing your business, personal and other schedules.

Reviewed on 2018-10-30

When at first I read the name, I have not thought that it is a page for making notifications and setting up a personal schedule. But after registration, it was much easier because it has an even short tutorial about how to use the software. Also, it has many different ways of making meetings, and you can plan your whole day.
Cogsworth solved lots of my scheduling and appointment issues, saved lots of my time and efforts on connecting with my colleagues and clients.
It is a good software for managing your business, personal and other schedules.

Pros

It is very fast and easy to set up a meeting or change something in the schedule. Also, the website can be connected to users mail, and it will notify them about your upcoming meetings. It makes their job easier and they don’t have to make lots of clicks, go to a landing page.

Cons

It doesn’t have email marketing as part of the platform. I do get notifications about my scheduled events but as a marketing strategy, they don’t send emails like newsletters, reminders to upgrade to the paid plan and so on.

Ye J.

Productivity Booking Slots

Reviewed on 2019-01-04

Fits certain industry service providers who offer free consultation

Pros

Simple to implement and useful tool for service providers wanting an easy way to get online bookings. Sync with google calendar and set reminders.

Cons

Prefer cname flexibility instead of just an iframe embed alternative into our own branded domains. Another plus point would be online payment integration. Usecase - our consultation professionals charge by hour slots and only upon payment received, the booking slot gets confirmed.

David A.

Simple to arrange meetings

Reviewed on 2018-11-28

I am happy our company suggested using Cogsworth. It makes my whole week arranged and stress-free.

Pros

When you have lots of tasks to do and one of them is communicating with the clients, you never want to miss a second of your time on extra administrative tasks. Now I just share my appointment link with external people and they are able to book time with me. And when they select a time period, Cogsworth shows the available time.

Cons

It is relatively new and the features that I need, are marked as "Coming soon". I need "Custom staff timezones" feaure and once it is available, there is nothing else I require from this appontment scheduling software

Liana H.

New and Useful Software!

Reviewed on 2018-11-05

I can see that this software is improving and adding new features. I already like what they have on their plans and would like them to have a better on-boarding.

Pros

Usually, I use new tools and software considering the fact that they base their efforts on the drawbacks of already existing similar tools/software. Cogsworth is just what I need. I just spend a couple of minutes opening 30-minute time slots and send it to the people I am going to talk to. Then I go do my business and at the end of the day, I check my appointments for the next day. Easy and affordable!

I like it that you can choose to ask questions to your partners. It gives you an idea on what to base your speech

Cons

There should be a better on-boarding. There is a guidance, a tutorial but if the setup was done one by one, meaning they guide you to set up your calendar, then give the embed code which you could choose to skip. And all the setups could go this way, it would be easier for everyone to quickly be on-boarded.

Haik P.

Effortless appointment scheduling

Reviewed on 2018-12-11

Pros

When I learned I can schedule my appointments this easily, I suggested the company I am working for to use this software. And now everyone in the company uses it. We are all happy to have made our job easier. We no longer write emails to our clients. Especially in our development department, everyone likes Cogsworth as they never liked communicating via emails.

We are also planning to use this software as a lead generation tool by embedding it in our website.

Cons

As I was the one to suggest this software, I had a thorough look at its features and the pricing. There is nothing in this tool that I dislike. Especially when the free plan offers all the basic features need for our job

Marine S.

very useful

Reviewed on 2018-12-10

Cogsworth saves my time and calendar synchronization is pretty easy

Pros

Cogsworth has been very effective in terms of managing my meetings and office hours. We are getting more and more clients and not having to write them thousands of emails saves my time.

Embedding Cogsworth in my email, adding it to my Google calendar is just what I need.

Cons

I would like it to have a watermark. And also, there are some payment gateways not available.

• Used for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

Makes you look professional. Easy and intuitive to use with plenty of documentation.

Reviewed on 2018-04-03

Pros

The video tutorials are great. It is more than just a calendar appointment setter, it allows you to specify your services where clients can specifically book you for them. It's a great small business tool that saves valuable time.

The UI itself is blazing fast and easy to use.

Cons

Very hard to come up with dislikes actually. If anything, I am not sure if an upgrade to a pro offers a trial period or if it's an outright upgrade.

Talia M.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 2020-06-17

Pros

The layout is great and very user friendly

Cons

I don't think I would change anything honestly

• Customer Support Software

Works as an appointment management tool

Reviewed on 2019-02-02

Pros

Founder cares and is helpful. Product simply works. Interface is modern

Cons

So many upgrades to get more features. Makes things a bit confusing

Segayi A.

Software Review

Reviewed on 2018-11-06

Pros

It meets all the user requirements all the automated simple requirements that the customer needs to work with when using the software... Its simply interesting and amazing

Cons

Nothing mainly the only least thing I have about the software is nothing mainly it meets all my requirements

Sirarpi S.

• Customer Support Software

The most time-saving and flexible software I could have found

Reviewed on 2018-10-27

When I was having a research on what to use for my appointments, the name itself was eye-catching and positive to me so I got interested and captured with Cogsworth. It reminded me of my childhood, winter time, watching Beauty and the Beast where there was this Cogsworth character. Cogsworth.com gave me the impression I am safe and will manage my time effectively. Whenever I get an email with the name of the company, it kind of relieves my stress.

I am a digital marketing specialist and making appointments is one of the key indicators on how professionally I can handle my meetings without spending more time.

Pros

1. No credit card required when signing up
Lots of times I didn’t sign up for a tool or a service as they required a credit card and after the trial, took money from my card without any notification.

2. It is very easy to set up
3. You can schedule multiple events
4. The form is easy to fill out
5. It is cloud-based which means I don’t have to download an app (I am always low on memory)
6. You can ask questions to the people you are going to have an appointment with

Cons

You don't have the ability to change the way the form from one question at a time to displaying all questions at once.

Kristin S.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

100% transparency into my business

Reviewed on 2018-11-06

Pros

It is transparent and all the team members can see who's booked when, when they have available time and if the person chose a team member or gave no preference who they will talk to. Based on this, we judge the team's performance and discuss why website visitors chose that very team member over others.

This has been really helpful and the need to spend more time on discussion and communication lessened due to the fact that nobody needs to prove us anything; the result is just there!

Cons

There is no backend translation, only front-end. There is no translation of user interface into other languages, you can only translate the booking form.

Tigran M.

Perfect for startups

Reviewed on 2018-11-27

Pros

There are a couple of services our startup has and with Cogsworth's help, we are able to let our customers choose the service they want to talk about. As we get their emails, it becomes easier for us to contact them as leads.

Our team has scheduled working hours so the job

Cons

There is no appointment buffering; I hope it will be released soon.

Ernest C.
  • Industry: Program Development

It’s a good software for a busy person to make his all work day ready, and not to forget about...

Reviewed on 2018-10-30

It is a good software to use if not being able to alter font and sizes is not a high priority for you. I like how easy it is to use and the short tutorials in case you don’t want to figure everything out on your own.

Now I don't have to communicate with anyone who I want to have an appointment and even the people who want to see how busy I am. The evidence is there

Pros

It is very fast and easy to make your all day ready. If you need to make an important note, you can change its color or have an alarm as a reminder.

You can custom staff schedules which makes your appointments, inviting new people easier.

Also, it can make a notification for a short time period. One of the advantages is that it has a history, and you can always find your previous notes too. Also, it has a free plan which has all the necessary features I need.

It makes my schedule transparent and whenever my boss wants to see my load, he can have a look at the time slots and understand it himself.

Cons

You can't alter fonts and sizes. Sometimes I want to get creative and change the fonts but it’s not possible here.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

My own experience

Reviewed on 2019-08-01

Pros

I have tried it, and i really like the integration with the other calendars and other people as well. I like the system where others can book online into the calendar. Its integration and automation is the biggest advantage that I like the most, plus its easy, fast and saves time.

Cons

I dont see any particular reason to dislike, since its made in a very minimalist way. I have all that I need and nothing extra. If we have more analytics in it, and more sophisticated tracking system that would be great, again it is just nice to have feature.