Showing 114 reviews of 102

Nowsta

Workforce management tool to handle payroll & work shifts

4.9 /5 (102 reviews) Write a Review!

Showing 114 reviews of 102
Monica D.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Saves time to book staff

Reviewed on 2020-01-27

We are a catering company and we use Nowsta for time and attendance for our in-house staff as well as our staff working off-site events out in the field. We love the ability to see how far away the staff member clocks in. Having the captains able to clock in and out the staff is a plus for staff who forgets their phone or is late and doesn't clock in.

Pros

Scheduling staff for events is a breeze. With multiple events displayed at once, we can click and drag staff to the event best suited for them. The report showing a spreadsheet as to the average number of minutes it takes staff to confirm events and the percentage that staff says yes to working an event helps us with prioritizing our staff based on their response. Approving staff on the Time and Attendance page is very easy and the screen is clear to see their times worked. Scheduling staff for the different departments works well .

Cons

Sometimes if the address of the location is not an exact address then the embedded gps map may send the staff to an incorrect location. The app works poorly on some older model cell phones. I haven't found a way to note when staff is on vacation to block those days so they are not accidentally added to the schedule.

Christopher R.

We like NOWSTA

Reviewed on 2020-11-13

For the most part...it has been very good.

Pros

Ease of scheduling. Response time from my employees.

Cons

Does not cross integrate with TPP. I thought it did...but it does not seem to do this. MAybe I am doing it wrong. Secondly, the cost of the employee per month adds up quickly.

Dean B.

Essential Partner

Reviewed on 2020-12-27

Like most businesses in the events industry, most of our employees are 1099 / Contract employees, who are critical to our success. Nowsta greatly enhances to manage this workforce.

Pros

NOWSTA provides the necessary and essential components of hourly staffing

Cons

Like every system, changes are constant.

Larry F.

Nowsta review

Reviewed on 2020-11-16

A+

Pros

The Nowsta Team is remarkable and very willing to customize.

Cons

Nothing except we don’t have enough business now to use it to its fullest capacity.

David H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Intuitive scheduling for catering events

Reviewed on 2019-09-28

We are saving 1-2 hrs per week making the schedule and at least 10 hrs a week of admin time that used to be spent texting, calling etc. Now it's all centralized with more control delegated to captains, etc.

Pros

Great customer support team with active development on a best in class platform with a solid codebase to support future iterations.
App recently modernized and continued improvements in reporting allow for oversight and quantitative analysis

Cons

Doesn't include payroll, but it syncs with many others! Only real con I can think of

Michael C.

Game changer

Reviewed on 2019-07-15

Great! From when we were first introduced to Nowsta through now, it has been a GREAT experience.

Pros

The Nowsta software provides such an easy way to communicate with staff. Scheduling offsite events is about communication. Nowsta provides a platform where everyone can speak the same language when scheduling or receiving a schedule.

Cons

Hard to think about what I don't like. As soon as there is something that seems off the engineers are on it

Sarah M.

Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 2019-12-19

The entire Nowsta team has been responsive and easy to work with!

Pros

The ease of use and integration with Total Party Planner

Cons

We would like there to be an option that an administrator is able to clock in/out employees without having to be the event owner.

Desiree J.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Never Been So Efficiently Staffed!

Reviewed on 2019-12-27

Pros

We started using NOWSTA almost 2 years ago and it has made scheduling so much more efficient. We use it throughout our company - from servers and bartenders, to kitchen, warehouse, and office workers. The platform is user friendly for both schedulers and staff. Our Staffing Coordinator of almost 13 years says we have never been fully staffed so early for our events! And she doesn't have to rely on temporary staff as much anymore because we are staffed more efficiently.
Bonus - Nowsta's email newsletters are very informative and concise in the topics of labor laws, staffing trends, and other topics related to our industry.

Cons

Nothing major that I am aware of! Overall, it works well.

Dan K.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Nowsta Pay - employee benefit

Reviewed on 2019-09-11

It has been great and still continues to be positive. They are quick to respond and help with any issues, the software has cut down our work hours, so my team is very pleased and our employees feel like we added an extra benefit by allowing them to use Nowsta Pay. Win/win overall.

Pros

Nowsta Pay- being able to have employees pull their money when they choose is a huge perk and it allowed us to go from a weekly pay cycle to biweekly saving time us time and money.

Cons

Nothing negative- we had to add a few custom items for a few niches we do, but they were developed by the Nowsta team quickly.

Salina M.

Support at its finest

Reviewed on 2019-08-23

Five Stars.

Polite, Professional, Collaborative and Creative. Couldnt ask for a better team to work with for staffing 300+ employees daily, year round.

Pros

how easy it is to use and how its even easier to get support from the Nowsta team at any point. The Nowsta team is always keeps it real professional and if they cant help with a solution on their end, they offer to help make one in the near future, which generally is executed in record time.

Cons

Anything I haven't liked, the Nowsta team has been able to integrate into the software for the most part.

Brittany B.

So easy!

Reviewed on 2020-05-08

In my specific role, it's very important that I know which of our team members are assigned a specific shift. With our previous software, I had to individually scroll through pages of information to find what I needed. With Nowsta, everything is clear and organized so I can get what I need quickly. With administrator access, it's also easy for me to find the contact information of those individuals if I need to call them with a quesion or follow up with them with good feedback. This saves so much time and frustration!

Pros

This software is well designed and incredibly easy to use. Since we switched to using Nowsta, there's a lot less confusion and it's much smoother when communicating with teams and getting across crucial information.

Cons

I personally have not had any negative experiences with the software quite yet.

Christine B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Nowsta seriously changed my business!!

Reviewed on 2020-11-24

The Nowsta team is extremely helpful with answer all questions and giving us updates on upgrades.

Pros

I like that I can easily slide the "workers" over to the selected shift, hit send and it is automatically sent to the worker via text. I also love that the software reminds workers of their upcoming events. This has put us at a 0 Percent no- show percentage!!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything at the moment.

Kelly S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Revolutionized the way we schedule

Reviewed on 2019-08-27

Pros

The ability to schedule and keep track of staff quickly and efficiently. The FOH staff love the ability to click accept or decline. It is wonderful that they have all of the details for the event at their fingertips before the events begins!

Cons

The lack of ability to customize the CSV (excel) reports. It would be nice if the FOH staff could decline an event after they have already accepted if there was an alert to management to approve and they must provide a reason. It would also be nice to keep track of when they do this.

Rosemary A.

Awesome format!

Reviewed on 2019-09-02

The overall ease of scheduling staff has allowed me to focus on some of my other duties as front of house. i can see all the availability of staff at once to schedule and switch staff to different events as needed.

Pros

This is user friendly to all staff that use this from updating the workers availability to scheduling staff for an event. Once someone declines an event, i can quickly choose someone else and get the slot filled.
The app if very helpful for all our servers to get maps to their events and have uploaded information pertaining to their specific event and instant communication of changes.

Cons

There currently isn't a way to make an event summary attached to the event to have has as reference on how the event went but i am told this is something they are working on.

Nicole D.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 2019-08-12

Easy to learn and use. love how much time it saves!

Pros

Ease of use for me AND for my employees. User friendly and time/attendance tracking is the best!

Cons

Not being able to add shifts to iCal immediately through ap.

Katiria N.

Fast and Friendly Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018-06-27

Pros

It's extremely useful for getting a clear picture of where you stand by date and event in regards to staffing. It is intuitive and easy to use. When I mess something up, one of the three gentlemen are always there to help! Quick and friendly!

Cons

Still has a couple of things that need to make it easier to use. Call off button, and a repeat unavailability button. (I was told the request was put in, so now we wait) These are essential for those of us juggling hundreds of availability schedules. However, they are very quick to either help you figure out the best work around for the time being!

Molly M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Nowsta has streamlined our staffing!

Reviewed on 2020-06-29

We feel that Nowsta allows us a streamlined approach to staffing our catering business, where each shift is always a little different.

Pros

We enjoy the capability of scheduling specific individuals, or having the ability to post an open shift. Also, we love to give team shout outs via the announcement capability!

Cons

There can be a bit of a learning curve when first using the program.

Jerod W.

Nowsta review

Reviewed on 2019-09-01

Streamlining the whole process of staffing events with all applicable info sent in one notification. If I designed this type of service it would have all the things Nowsta offers..

Pros

I enjoy all features. Coming from a previous company that manually sent email schedules, this software has all the things I was asking for before: Integrated clock-in in the app, embedded maps, list of other staff and their contact numbers, ability to attach files, etc.

Cons

There needs to be an offline mode in the time clock app for locations that have no service.

Danielle D.

GAME CHANGER

Reviewed on 2019-06-27

The tech staff is helpful! If the program doesn't do it they are willing to look into how they can make it work for even more ease for the customer! LOVE LOVE LOVE Nowsta!

Pros

We love Nowsta! It has improved our staffing. We used to only be one week ahead of staffing, I am now able to staff with ease and go as far as 3 weeks out. Which helps our employees!

Cons

I cannot say anything negative about this program!

Shelby H.

Nowsta Review

Reviewed on 2019-10-09

Pros

It’s super easy to use and there are (so far) no glitches. The last thing you want is a program messing up mid scheduling. I love being able to rate employees and it’s super easy for my staff to see all the details of the shifts they’re working. It also reminds them to show up 2 hours prior!

Cons

Nothing so far. Obviously it’s constantly updating which can be a pain but it’s worth it to have a nice easy to use software

Aaron M.

Very Pleased!

Reviewed on 2020-12-18

Scheduling is much easier and the user interface is easy to use and understand.

Pros

Nowsta easily integrates with other systems that make scheduling events a breeze for our company. The interface is extremely user friendly and is not cumbersome like many other systems that have been used in the past.

Cons

There needs to be an attendance (point based) system in place that keeps track of an employee calling in, being late, etc. Progressive attendance based systems are important for companies where hourly employees are expected to maintain an acceptable level of attendance. I would like to see a system added to Nowsta in the future that will make it easy to track attendance so employees can be held accountable for poor attendance.

Katie M.
  • Industry: Events Services

Nowsta allows for flexibility, easily accessible information, and great interfacing in my job

Reviewed on 2020-11-01

Pros

As an events services worker, It’s incredibly important to me that I can clock in from anywhere, see who I’m working with on a given day (and get their contact info in case I need to call them with an emergency issue), and see all the basic information about my event in one place on my phone. Nowsta allows me to do all of this and more, quickly and easily. That’s what I enjoy most.

Cons

The only issues I‘ve had to date with Nowsta occurred after the overhaul last year when Nowsta Timeclock was also introduced. Since then, I find that the Nowsta app can be slow and laggy at times (especially when accepting or declining shift invites). Additionally, once clocked out for the day, if you don’t log out of Timeclock (instead of just swiping out of the app for the night) when you go in the next day your current shift to clock in to wont show up. Before Timeclock, I remember the clock in page refreshing for the day no matter if you had logged out and in. This is a bit of a hassle but doesn’t greatly deter from the ease and functionally of the rest of the app.

Clark K.

Staffing made simple

Reviewed on 2020-11-11

Pros

Nowsta makes it so easy to staff events! The platform is very user intuitive and it's easy to know when someone accepts vs declines a shift. The rating system is very helpful, the time and attendance tracker makes life so much easier, and not to mention the Nowsta team always is incredibly friendly, helpful and responds to messages right away.

Cons

I wish there was a message history of all the announcements I send staff - whether a text or email it would be nice to have a history as a reference or to copy and paste from.