FOUNDATION

Construction accounting software for managing job costing

4.1/5
4.2/5
4.0/5
Customer Support Software
4.3/5

Jane

Reviewed on 10/27/2011

Cary & Associates Builders, Inc. is an award-winning Full Service General Contractor specializing in negotiated projects for the Design and Construction of Commercial, Industrial, Winery and Agricultural buildings.

We used a very well-known complex construction software for approximately 18 years. Through the years, the problems with the software were accompanied by inordinate increases in support fees. We discussed each year whether to renew our support or look for another construction software. In April of 2003, it became obvious that the software could not be kept up and running and we had constant "crashes". At the same time we received the next year's support contract for about $6,000. It was the last straw for us.

I began a search for a new software because I knew our system would crash as soon as our support ran out (which it did). I interviewed everyone I could locate and talked to our subcontractors. Our CFO said that ultimately I would have to go with my "gut" feeling and pick one. He said if it did not work out, we would just buy another one next year and we would still be ahead of the game. All my instincts said to buy FOUNDATION.

With a lot of trepidation, I purchased the software and bought a ticket to Cleveland to attend training. FOUNDATION was able to help me before I got to class by transferring my Vendors, Job Numbers, Cost Codes, etc. into my new FOUNDATION Software. I had pulled my G/L down in the middle of our FYE and was ready to open it as soon as I knew what I was doing. Surprisingly, by the end of the week, we ran my first payroll right in class! We spread open my G/L and we were ready to go. They dropped my information off on a disk and I headed for home. The following Monday, we rolled FOUNDATION out on our server and have never had so much as a glitch in anything, let alone a crash.

Once it was up and running, our team has able to learn the system easily. It is very user-friendly. Any problems or questions, you can click on the support button and get a call back in about 20 minutes! They can also connect directly to your computer (with permission) and help show you how to fix a problem (human generated) or they will fix it for you! Love it!

We have benefited in so many ways it would be hard to describe them all. We are currently on version 11.9 and FOUNDATION has just rolled out their new automated update that updates your server and clients automatically! I suppose one of the biggest benefits is the amount of time it has saved. I used to work every holiday due to having to make hard closures, etc. but with FOUNDATION I have not worked a holiday since 2003!

This system is astoundingly efficient. The AIA billing is easily reversed if an architect or owner decides on a different amount. The certified payroll is a dream. Although we are not union, it prepares multi-state, multi-county, multi-union etc. It does a wonderful printout for the 941 and in California our DE9. Our CPA loves the Fixed Asset module. He framed the first print out since he said he had never had one so accurate.

Quite simply, we love FOUNDATION! We get great customer service from real people and a software solution that keeps progressing and enlarging on concepts to help construction companies!

Doreen
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great Union Payroll System

Reviewed on 8/23/2017

We have a very complicated payroll for the simple fact that we are a multi state, multi union company. This means many different rates of pay, taxation tables and unions, as well as our Administration and Shop payrolls. P4C thru Foundation has been able to handle this with ease and I really am happy with the service they have provided to us in the past 2 1/2 years. I hope to continue a much longer relationship with them. Whenever a support call is logged, usually one of the 2 reps. call back almost immediately and help work through any issue, no matter how long it takes. They are personable and professional and always helpful. Reliable system, easy time entry and reports generated are very easy to read.

Pros

I love the fact that P4C can handle all of our multi state and multi union (sometimes up to 55 different unions) Time entry is very easy, and includes attaching hours to jobs and tasks with ease. The system is very user friendly and the Support staff is phenomanal. Generates great union reports, job costing and also great HR reports as well, such as 401k reporting. We can process same day layoff checks which is a must for union payrolls. Also not charged by the number of employees in the system as with other payroll companies. I love that it is web based so i can work from anywhere. They are able to create payroll cycles, so each cycle can have a different address, and they deliver the checks to the exact locations. So i can enter all my time and be assured that jobs in other states have checks go directly to the location versus coming here.

Cons

I don't like that if i have multiple payroll cycles computed and i have to purge one, that it will purge ALL computed cycles, not just the one I had chosen.

lou

• Customer Support Software

Strong Program, lack of support and updates

Reviewed on 7/25/2017

There are better programs out there.

Pros

The program does it all besides estimating. Has a good system of checks and balances and everything is tracked so very hard for employees to cover their tracks. It does a lot well but everything has its hiccups.

Cons

There are several things I dislike about the product as it has so much potential to be 10x better yet they have no ambition to make it better. 95% up the updates released by foundation software are fixes to glitches or problems. Very rarely is there an actual new feature or upgrade to the program. There are several flaws with the program that would be easy to fix, which have been suggested but go unanswered. Such as the pages scroll very awkwardly, they jump at the end of the page onto the next page but not at the top of the page. Very difficult to review a report on the screen when it keeps going back and forth. Their support team must have a very high turnover as everytime I call I know more than the person who is suppose to be providing the support. To their credit they do go and get the right answer and get back to you but the typical resolution to a problem is 24 hours. For us 2 hours is a long time when your waiting on an important resolution such as payroll.

Response from Tracie

Hi Al. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your thoughts on FOUNDATION. Honestly it is not what we expected to hear from you and are deeply concerned about your disappointment. We strive to produce the absolute best product and service for our clients, although we understand at times using new software can be frustrating. One of our training managers will reach out this week to coordinate a time that’s convenient for you and discuss your concerns in greater detail. We hope that you will take our call so we can work toward resolving any outstanding issues and make FOUNDATION a successful accounting investment for your construction business. We look forward to working with you.

Holly

The most user friendly software I've used in the 20 years

Reviewed on 5/17/2021

Tech support is always there to help and they are extremely knowledgeable in all areas. I usually learn a new feature or shortcut when I call for assistance.

Pros

This software has many automated features that saves the employee time. In Accounting they have a quick reversal buttons which will auto-generate the reversal of an AP Payment, AP Invoice, Journal Entry and more. Change Orders are directly tied with your billing and will automatically bring you to the AIA screen to update the billing line item. All-in-all it's a system that works with you to easily enter your information and generate a multitude of reports for every department. It is the most user friendly software I've used in the 20 years I've been doing accounting.

Cons

I was disappointed that the Foundation Mobile app didn't have the reporting that our management staff needs to run our jobsites. If they ever add more reporting features, specifically clock in time reporting to that module, I will jump at the chance to switch, as it was a seamless import and saved our payroll dept. hours of review time.

Response from Foundation Software

Hi Holly,
Thank you for leaving such a great review. At FOUNDATION, we continuously strive to serve you better and are thrilled our team has managed to meet those needs in various areas of your business. As far as your concerns with Mobile, I am going to have a Sr. Mobile Rep contact you to discuss and see if there's anything we can do to better service your needs in that area. Thanks again Holly. Robin, Client Advocate [email protected]

Tryn

• Customer Support Software

User of Foundation for 14 1/2 yrs.

Reviewed on 8/4/2021

I have been working with and using Foundation for 14 1/2 yrs. They have always worked with me in anything that I may need, they are friendly and very supportive. Foundation is a Great accounting software, especially for construction, due to the easiness and detailed information and tracking that it provides, especially if you do Job Costing. I even had some very complex financials I had to do over the years with division reporting that Foundation was there to help me with. We also work through the Cloud with Foundation (Saas) and I love it. It is so much easier and they do all the updates! I definitely recommend using Foundation as your accounting software.

Pros

Foundation is pretty user friendly. I use this software for a total of 8 of my companies, mostly and mainly for construction. It provides all the reporting and tracking that you will ever need. We are currently using the GL, AR, AP, PR and Job Costing modules. I have had very complex situations over the years that where a challenge for me in the reporting area and Foundation was always there for me in setting up things the way I needed them.

Cons

I cannot say that there is anything I do not like about this Software.

Response from Foundation Software

Hi Tryn! Thanks so much for the awesome review. It means the world to us. We strive to provide a great product and are thrilled to hear we've met that mark for you, your team and your companies over the years. Thanks for being a long-time partner with FOUNDATION. We look forward to many more years with you. Please let me know if you need anything. I'm happy to help. Robin, Client Success Advocate, [email protected]

Mendy

Foundation

Reviewed on 1/30/2020

Overall experience was good after initial set up. Once program was learned it was easy to navigate

Pros

Software was easy to use after initial training. invoice attachments was new to us so that was very helpful.

Cons

The reports had the details of what i needed but when trying to export them they would come out unreadable.

Response from Foundation Software

Hi Mendy, thank you for sharing your thoughts about FOUNDATION. We're happy your experience with us has been positive and you've found our software easy to use. I noticed you haven't been actively using our software for some time but I'd love to talk with you and get some feedback on your customer support rating. As we strive to provide quality client support and a great product, we are always looking for ways to improve. Please let me know of a good time to reach you. Robin, [email protected]

Leesa

• Customer Support Software

Excellent software and exceptional techinical support

Reviewed on 3/10/2021

Pros

We have used Foundation Construction Accounting for almost fifteen years. We have been extremely pleased with this software and it continues to be one of the most reliable and well-developed software that we use in our firm. Very user-friendly and logical in its processes.
Reporting is excellent and is not only used by our accounting staff, but also by our project management staff to monitor job performance and budget/cost comparisons.

Foundation is very responsive to client requests for changes/improvements to various modules/reporting.

And the technical support team is incredible!! Not once have we ever reached out to technical support that they were unable to solve our issue in a prompt and precise manner! The technical support provided is one of the best reasons to use Foundation.

Cons

There is not anything that we do not like about this software.

Response from Foundation Software

Wow! Thank you so much, Leesa! We're blown away by your positive words. We really appreciate the time you took to write such a detailed review and we're so glad you've found our software to be valuable in all areas of your business. As we constantly work on ways to increase the value we provide for our clients, it's great to hear we've been meeting those expectations for you and T&M Tilt-Up throughout the years. We look forward to many more with you. Please let me know if there's anything you need. Always happy to help! -Robin, [email protected]

Adam

Review of Product Software

Reviewed on 9/7/2021

High powered and excellent for running your back office systems.

Pros

The integration of Foundation into our existing process systems has been seamless. The accounts payable and receivable modules as well as the payroll system, are a must for our company. Great platform for everyday use

Cons

Well designed software with few limitations. We are well pleased.

Response from Foundation Software

Hi Adam! Thank you for your great review. We appreciate the feedback and are thrilled to hear our software has integrated well with your business and we are meeting the needs of your team. We look forward to providing you the quality product you expect for years to come. Thanks for being part of the FOUNDATION family. Please let me know if you need anything. Always happy to help. Thanks again Adam! -Robin, Client Success Advocate [email protected]

Ronald

Reviewed on 6/21/2011

Lighthouse Electric is a commercial / industrial electrical contractor operating primarily in Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio. We are a union shop dealing with many local electricians, laborers, carpenters and operating engineers. We routinely employ several hundred tradesmen.

Our software quest started with a goal: increase volume by 50% without adding overhead. That was 2001 and we soon realized our current accounting software was detrimental at current levels and could not support such an increase. We started looking for new software, prioritizing stability, support and functionality. We compiled a list of functions necessary to support our business. The candidates were narrowed to three who could support our efforts. Foundation Software had a clear edge in all three categories and, surprisingly, was the least expensive.

We took the opportunity to reexamine our processes and develop streamlined procedures, taking advantage of Foundation’s features. We had in-house training and imported data for jobs, employees, customers and vendors. We paralleled a few payrolls, tested other systems and went live in January 2002. We accomplished our business goal in two years. Currently we operate at 300% of our 2001 sales level with a few more people but the majority of them are estimators and project managers.

Foundation continues to add features and functions but stays true to its core competencies: stability, support and functionality. We are certainly proof of their scalability. Foundation provides outstanding job costing and the unprecedented ability to reproduce any report back to your first transaction. The support staff is well-trained and very responsive, traits that are found in all the employees I have encountered at Foundation software.

Utilizing Foundation’s data genies (report writer) and Crystal Reports to access the MS-SQL data base, it is a very rare instance when we cannot provide information requested from internal or external sources. Our relationship with Foundation Software is a truly a partnership. Currently, we are using Foundation for Windows version 11.6. There are usually several updates per year which we apply without reservation.

Brian
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Electrical Contractor Review of Foundation

Reviewed on 8/25/2017

We chose Foundation for it's array of features, depth of reports, its customization options, and its affordability. Much cheaper than buying software that you have to pay per user access fees for. There are quirks, but once you understand the system, it's generally easy to navigate and manage them. Extremely feature rich. Would definitely recommend.

Pros

Incredible amount of features, options, and reporting functionality. Can pretty much do anything you would ever want to do, accounting-wise. Project Management module pays for itself. Other customization options are very nice. Price is extremely attractive for amount of features in the software. Customer support is A+++++.

Cons

Very steep learning curve, to use advanced features. Genie is a pain and really cumbersome, probably my least favorite part of the software, even though it's sold as a great feature. Software isn't always forgiving about mistakes, but customer support makes up for it.

Lynn
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

• Customer Support Software

Amazing Construction Accounting Softwarez!

Reviewed on 8/21/2020

Pros

When the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of the company and myself did our initial search of our Construction Accounting Software, Foundation Software beat three competitors by providing a better program in these areas:

1. Job costing
2. The report genie (No more expensive crystal reports)
3. Payroll module including certified payroll reports and the ability to upload certified payroll to the DIR in California or to Lcp Tracker.
4. The ability to cloud foundation software with SaaS
5. The customer support
6. The price point

Cons

All cam software like Viewpoint, Sage 300 or Foundation Software will never be a perfect software. As a user of all three in my career, I can always find an issue with each of them.

The only issue so far with Foundation Software is the invoice approval of accounts payable invoices. I feel it is not seamless like their competitors, so we are using an old school method of approval. Our project manager code the invoices by hand and use manila folders.

In regards to my cam comment and fairness to Foundation Software, Viewpoint reporting is done by crystal reports which is very expensive and Sage 300 just need a face lift to make more user friendly.

Darlene

Foundations Software review

Reviewed on 3/31/2021

Ease of use. Great friendly people.

Pros

Ease of use, easy to learn on your own as I did. The support you get from Foundations is great. They don't make you feel stupid as some tech support people do. People are friendly and make you feel comfortable about calling on them. Using the log a call feature is so easy. They put you at ease. It's like talking to a friend about a problem you are having. I like that they can log into your system and show you right on the screen how to fix a problem or mistake. They were right there when I was learning the system. In the beginning I logged calls daily it seemed like. I was NEVER made to feel like I was bothering them.

Cons

I like it all. For our company there does not seem to be any cons.

Response from Foundation Software

Hi Darlene,
We can't thank you enough for your kind words about FOUNDATION Software! You made our day, and we really appreciate it! So glad you are finding our software easy to use and you're benefiting from our client services team. It is our commitment to help as quickly and thoroughly as possible and it's great to know we are meeting/exceeding your expectations in that area. As always if there is anything you need, don't hesitate to reach out. Robin, [email protected]

Annette

Love FOUNDATION Software

Reviewed on 2/27/2020

The accounting Feature in FOUNDATION is so easy to use...you enter the data and it takes care of the rest. Reports you can print help save the company time and money, and all you have to do is hit print. FOUNDATION even allows you to Export the report into an Excel file that you can easily sort.

Pros

Every aspect of FOUNDATION is user friendly! If I do run into issues, they have the most amazing support team I have ever been in contact with. FOUNDATION takes care of every function in the Construction business, including keeping your inventory for you so you don't have to spend the entire weekend crunching numbers. I have never spoken to a more happy support team than the one FOUNDATION has...they choose and train their employees with utmost care, and they are extremely patient and accommodating if you don't understand after they have explained. They spend the necessary time with you to help you understand every aspect.

Cons

I have had one instance where I couldn't get something from the software that I didn't want. Lo and Behold it was added in the next software update. FOUNDATION listens to their customers and makes improvements based on those suggestions.

Daniel

Foundation Success

Reviewed on 3/31/2021

Foundation has been integral in our companies success. They are very helpful wheverever we have questions or when we make the occasional mistake to be able to help us fix it is incredible.

Pros

The software is very integral for our continued success. What we put into the system can easily be brought out of the system by creating reports. The user features are very easy to figure out and train people on how to use the system.

Cons

I haven't found many things that I don't like with this software. If you do have something that might help others they will figure it out and implement it into the software.

Response from Foundation Software

Hi Daniel,
Thank you so much for your positive words. Your review means a lot. We're so happy to hear we are meeting your expectations and you're finding our software to be a valuable asset in all areas of your business. We look forward to a continued relationship with you and your team at Midwest Environmental. Robin, [email protected]

Annette

Why I like Foundation Software

Reviewed on 8/6/2021

We have had a great experience with the Foundation company for the last 6 years and would definitely recommend the software to other construction companies. I always get a timely response if I need technical support.

Pros

I liked the fact the the AIA billing and the Certified Payrolls were integrated into the software. I was using Excel for my CPR's before. Foundation Software is very user friendly.

Cons

I really don't have anything that I don't like about the software.

Response from Foundation Software

Hi Annette! Thank you for your great review. We're happy to hear you find the software easy to use and we've exceeded your expectations with our AIA and Certified Payroll capabilities. It is our commitment to keep meeting the needs of your team in both product and service. We look forward to great working relationship for years to come. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything. Always happy to help. -Robin, Client Success Advocate [email protected]

Alyson

AMAZING Software

Reviewed on 10/5/2021

Pros

EVERYTHING!! The support and knowledge of the employees is nothing that I've every seen before. Extremely professional and polite. Always updating the system with more efficient ways to work and short cuts that save on time. So many opportunities to learn more about how the software works with videos, online calls, classes to attend in person.

Cons

Everything has been so amazing per our company that I can't think of anything that I like least.

Response from Foundation Software

Hi Alyson! Thank you for your awesome review! We're thrilled to hear you not only love the functionality of our software but also the Client Support products and services we provide. Thanks for being part of our FOUNDATION family. We look forward to our continued relationship with you and your team at Chapin Concrete Contractors. Please reach out if you need anything! -Robin, Client Success Advocate [email protected]

Mandi

Reviewed on 12/10/2012

We are a low voltage electrical/telecommunications company that started in June 2006. In 2009 our company was beginning to outgrow the capacity of Quickbooks. We needed something that would give us a more in depth look at job costing as well as track our expenses and all other apsects of doing business. We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into and how far we could take Foundation.

We implemented Foundation on January 1, 2010 and are still learning functions everyday that contiue to help us grow! We have grown to a multi-million dollar a year company and we truly believe that we wouldn't have come this far without Foundation. With the detailed job costing we are able to see exactly to the penny where every job comes in at as well as calculate our rates for estimating purposes. We run our accounts payable, accounts receiveable, and payroll all through Foundation. The ease of doing AIA billing as well as certified payroll with a click of a button was one of the major reasons we first looked at Foundation. Today, we couldn't survive without Foundation. We have three administrators that work in Foundation daily to enter all of the information and we have 6 project managers that view reports daily. To this day, my husband, Owner and President no longer has to rely on the information for the jobs, costs, accounts payable accounts receiveable and many other things being kept in his head or many notebooks because he can rely on the detailed information that he can see in Foundation.

We purchase the webinars every year along with the support and updates because we want to continue to grow with Foundation and we want to make sure that we are learning everything that we can.

Switching from one accounting system to another is a big project, but this one was well worth it. We love working with the customer service and technical departments. Everyone is so helpful and makes sure that all of your needs are taken care of.

As a side note, we also love seeing the Christmas Cards that are sent out each year! It reminds us that everyone at Foundation is a person and it really puts into perspective how much everyone must really love being a part of the Foundation team!

Melodie

Horrible IT

Reviewed on 6/11/2021

IT is unable to trouble shoot issues with freezing and crashes. They take too long to respond. They are unwilling or unable to provide clear solutions. Error messages keep accruing. They blame their customer without providing clear guidance or attempting to upgrade their servers, programming, etc. Their training videos are awful. The software is not data entry friendly--too much mouse work. The AP team is unable to work simultaneously without "server not responding" messages that freeze multiple people. Too much crashing with lost entries & document attachments.

Pros

Exported reports to Excel are easy to data filter.

Cons

Constant crashes, freezes, and error messages. Unable to select or unselect more data for specified report running. Too much clicking and not enough options to keep hands on keyboard for data entry. Inability to run reports while doing entry with document imaging. Training videos are too long and difficult to find specific information. Examples in training videos sounded like presenter didn't know what they were talking about. Horrific IT assistance. The entry screen cannot be minimized or maximized to assist with reading. The data entry screen is too wide to fit without scrolling. IT doesn't understand how the AP module works because they are unable to classify what the error messages mean and what the specific error or crash issue is with entry.

Response from Foundation Software

Hi Melodie,
Thank you for your recent review. I'm sorry you've had a frustrating experience and we definitely appreciate you bringing your issue to our attention. There's nothing worse than tech issues interfering with productivity. I'm happy to let you know we are already on this, communicating with your IT team, ensuring the underlying tech issues are resolved. You should see improvements immediately. And, let me know if you'd like to discuss other options for self-help resources in lieu of our training webinars. I'm always happy to help. Thanks again! Robin, Client Success Advocate, [email protected]

Kim

Use this program daily

Reviewed on 1/3/2019

Pros

It is very easy to use. You can look up information that you need with only a couple of strokes. I find that anyone can use this program

Cons

the program i feel is for smaller companies as I do not feel it offers some of the functions that larger companies may need plus web base is better now for field use

Response from Robin

Hi, Kim, I’d like to thank you for your wonderful review and feedback. We are glad you find FOUNDATION easy to use. We take pride in providing a robust, yet user-friendly software program to our clients,
and I hope you’ve been finding our cloud-based version helpful since switching. If there’s anything you need from us to continue getting more out of your system, please let us know! — Robin, [email protected]

Judy

Reviewed on 2/28/2012

My company is a Mechanical Contracting Company, specializing in bid and spec work and is known for it's commercial installations, as well as industrial plant maintenance and renovations and some government projects. We subcontract work with Insulation, Control, and Sheet Metal Subcontractors. Malone's Mechanical, Inc. recruits most of its employees through local union affiliates and is licensed in Arkansas and Oklahoma, drawing from as many as five different Plumbing and Pipefitting locals. We have some contracts, which require Certified Federal Payroll Reports, and because the system is date sensitive, the reports can be accessed and printed even after you have started the job.

In 1999 we were faced with a decision to find different software for our business, as the software we were using was not going to be supported any longer. Y2K was having an unsettling effect on everyone and needing to change software at that time was becoming stressful. I saw an advertisement for Foundation Software that specialized in payroll for labor-intensive companies. This appealed to me because that would meet our needs. I contacted Foundation and the arrangements were made for an installation on a new computer for Foundation using DOS and a trainer to come and spend a week getting it up and running. Joe Bruno came and by Thursday we were completely installed and all information updated.

We initially installed five modules and have since upgraded computers and Foundation Software each time a change was offered. Our last upgrade has been to Windows 7. Foundation continues to keep up with new technology and innovation. I have easily trained two other people to use the Payroll module, two for Accounts Payable, and another person who is responsible for Accounts Receivable and Job Costing. By maintaining the service contract offered each year, we have timely response and support to any situation. I do not feel the need to shop for other software when what we have is the best.

David

Foundation Software helps our company

Reviewed on 6/10/2021

The integration makes it easy to run all of our bookkeeping chores

Pros

We love the integration between job costs, payroll and A/R, A/P and it is easy to access

Cons

Needs a little more flexibility for printing documents and sometimes retrieving information

Response from Foundation Software

Hi David! Thanks so much for the great review! It's great to hear you're happy and continue to benefit from the integrations our software provides. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything. I'm happy to help. Thanks again for being a long-time partner with FOUNDATION, we appreciate it! Robin, Client Success Advocate, [email protected]

Crystal

Foundation software

Reviewed on 8/23/2018

Have been using for 9 years . Love it but training is expensive

Pros

Does everything you may want or need in accounting software. Even has areas we don't use. Prior to Foundation we used three different programs to track payroll, A/P, and A/R.

Cons

Tracking taxes across different states for monthly reporting difficult. Some manual work required to report accurately.

Response from Robin

Thank you so much for your feedback, Crystal! We're thrilled to hear you love using FOUNDATION, and we love having you as a client. If there's ever anything else we can do for you, please let us know! // -Robin, [email protected]

Stu
  • Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Foundation Construction - Decent Entry Level Software

Reviewed on 5/19/2017

If you need a basic software this is as good as anything else out there. You will be pleased with migrating away from manual systems, but will probably be ready to migrate again in 5-7 years to a more robust package.

Pros

Handles AP/AR/Gl/PR/ and job costing adequately. This is definitely a step up from Quick Books. Good customer support when contacted.

Cons

Very little help collateral for clients. Usually, a software whether ERP, Office, or even photo/video editing has a robust users group with many YouTube videos online to provide a self-service kiosk of information and recommendations on how people use the software. Virtually everything online is aimed at marketing the product, not supporting existing users. The Help Desk people are great, but I would rather be able to research my own solutions from people that are actually in the industry using the software rather than programmers.

Response from Robin

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about FOUNDATION. We’re committed to helping you however we can and value the opportunity to know if you find we’re falling short in any area.
Client education resources is something we’ve been deeply passionate about, and we’re excited to share our current offerings with you. Our client advocacy specialist will reach out to walk you through the many resources we provide, including webinars, how-to videos, FAQs and our client forum. We’d also love to hear if there’s anything else you think we can provide to help with your success on FOUNDATION.
It’s our goal to continue working hard to provide you with a positive experience on FOUNDATION.

Steven

• Customer Support Software

Full of features but complicated

Reviewed on 7/17/2017

Pros

They are constantly adding to the platform which already holds a ton of applicable features. Lets you set up a template for estimating that can be tweaked for individual jobs.

Cons

I've been using the software for a year now and it's still complicated to use. Change orders, as they often change or cancel, are difficult to change in the software.

Response from Robin

Thanks for the review Steven! We would love to chat more about change orders as well as any other areas of the system that are presenting challenges. Someone from our training department will be in touch with you to coordinate additional training to help with this.

Lauren
  • Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

SQL Foundations

Reviewed on 9/15/2016

Pros

It is dependable. I have worked at many other companies where the system would go down for unknown periods of time. That's not the case with Foundations. I've been working on it for over 2 years and the only conflicts we had was with Windows 10 and a sleep schedule of a monitor causing error boxes to populate as if the system had not been used for an extended period, and it was really easy to fix.
I find the accounting side of the application to be the most user friendly of any program I have used. I like that it imports any file you'd like into CSV so that you can easily create a custom report. I like that they've made it incorporate with the State's requirements for Certified Payroll, while I don't process the payroll myself it saves my colleague many hours of manually entering that data.

Cons

Flexibility. We utilize excel to compensate for what Foundations lacks. For instance tracking projects quantities. The engineer at the company and project manager don't find Foundations user friendly or to be flexible enough to handle evolving projects.