Ontraport

Sales, marketing, and communication management software

4.2 /5 (65 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
3.8
4.2
3.8
4.3
Annette P.
Industry: E-Learning

Great for coaches, speakers and e-learning products

Reviewed on 2020-09-12

It's truly the best software in the industry for companies looking to launch an e-learning / saas product, it seems to be especially geared for people who have a workshop, live event or coaching service business

Pros

It's very logical and user friendly, as long as you are clear with each step of your process that you are wanting to automate, it will be likely super intuitive for you

Cons

The software does seem to glitch frequently in little minor ways (for example, the bold on rollover for a link text) and with that said, support is amazing and they often resolve these issues super quickly.

Response from Ontraport

YAY for user-friendly software that help make running a business smooth and efficient!! Thanks for the positive review, Annette.

Julian V.
Industry: Computer Software

Ontraport is awesome!

Reviewed on 2020-09-22

Super happy almost 2 years using it and I'm so so happy

Pros

It's super powerful and has a lot of extensions via Zapier. The live chat contact support is AWESOME!

Cons

To be honest. nothing. After trying mailchimp and mailerlite, Ontraport is way better!

Response from Ontraport

Hi Julian! Glad to hear you've had such a positive experience with the app and our support team. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. :)

Carolyn B.

Easy-to-use and powerful CRM tool

Reviewed on 2018-05-05

-Easy to manage and navigate CRM
-Saves time during customer file management
-Intuitive user interface

Pros

I use Ontraport as a team member to manage client files and support membership-related inquiries.

I love how easy it is to work with client files and support customers with their inquiries. In general, I've found this particular Ontraport feature relatively easy to learn, and in comparison, found it much easier and more user-intuitive than Infusionsoft.

I can't speak to the marketing automation aspects, other than my client has installed a powerful and complex automated marketing email system and it seems to work quite well.

Overall, this is a great software, especially if you're thinking of outsourcing CRM and support-related tasks.

Cons

I can't find any drawbacks for using this software. From what I understand support has also been wonderful whenever my client has needed to contact them.

Response from ONTRAPORT

Hi Carolyn!

Glad to hear you are having a great experience using our software. Should you ever have questions about the other functionalities or want to look at opportunities as a consultant let us know! You can email our support team directly at [email protected]

Catriona H.
Industry: Writing & Editing

More than just CRM - its a marketing machine

Reviewed on 2019-05-08

Great customer service.

Pros

Ontraport is amazing - its vast number of features means it can supercharge your business. From drag and drop web page construction to marketing funnels and all the standard CRM features, it means my business can be nearly fully automated, from SMS reminders to the checkout.

Cons

User interface can take a bit of getting used to but with each update and new release, it's getting much easier.

Response from Ontraport

Thank you for the glowing review! "Marketing Machine" - love it.

Marian v E.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Best all in one automation platform

Reviewed on 2018-08-21

very powerful automation platform, way above many more on the market

Pros

very complex
powerful sales funnel platform
email automation at the highest level

Cons

landing page builder is very old school
not being able to add css into emails

Response from Ontraport

Thank for the five star review, Marian!

We hear you about the old landing page builder. The new Ontraport Pages editor was recently release and has tons of new sleek features and capabilities. Enjoy!

Filip T.
Industry: Medical Practice

Ontraport user experience

Reviewed on 2018-10-16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

easy to plan/view/execute your strategic marketing goals and stay in touch with your customers which is invaluable feature.

Cons

It would take some time get used to it and learn the functionalities since it is a very complex platform with endless opportunities.

Response from Alexandria

Hi Filip! We're delighted to hear you are having a positive experience using our software. It is indeed a powerful platform with simple features as well as advanced customization options. If you ever want some hands-on help, make an appointment with our amazing support team at [email protected] They might even help spark a new idea or simplify a process!

Jonny A.
Industry: Entertainment

Horrible deliverability. Worse customer service

Reviewed on 2020-07-03

We believed we joined with an “enterprise” level package. During our initial 2.5 hours on the phone We were told our account had been set up like this. However, as we looked back through the first few weeks of use, we found there were additional charges nearly weekly. When we asked what these were and why they told us we were over our sending limit.

After a great deal more time with support explaining the situation and these charges should not be happening, they openly admitted they would not reverse them and we would, yet again, have to go through the process we had already gone through to upgrade to “enterprise”

Combining their inability to address these concerns and near complete lack of ability to get mail sent, we moved on.

That single decision (moved to aweber) more than doubled our open rates & cut our billing by more than 70%.

Pros

Pros are that it seems that initially they were willing to help us integrate.

Cons

After moving our subscribers to another service we saw a near instant jump in opens. From 9% with Ontraport to 23.5% with the new service.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Chris F.
Industry: Hospitality

Awesome support!

Reviewed on 2019-04-21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I said its easy to use but that doesn't mean its easy to learn as lots of conditional logic, etc. is not necessarily 1st grade math when you have lots of stuff going on! But from what I hear its lightyears better than infusionsoft. If you do need help, Ontraport's support is amazing! There live chat is almost always available - including weekends and they are very helpful.

Cons

Nothing yet. I've been on for about a month. I'm sure there are things they suck at compared to others as no one is great in all things (in my exp) but I haven't found those areas yet.

Response from Ontraport

5 stars across the board! Thank you for taking the time to review us Chris.

If you do find things you think can be improved, let our glowing support team know! We want to hear feedback so we can continually make the software the latest and greatest.

Karen R.

Not recommended

Reviewed on 2019-01-08

Pros

The customer support is really good. Very responsive and goes the extra mile.

Cons

Very large learning curve. Many of the terms used are not the same as other similar programs. If you are a solo entrepreneur and want to do something as simple as send an email, you would have to learn the system. If you have a support team, they will have to become expert to use it effectively.

Response from Ontraport

Hi Karen. We understand that using unfamiliar software comes with a certain level of learning curve, that's why our support team is always ready to answer any questions you may have. If you haven't already, you should schedule a screenshare appointment with support using the app. The agent will be able to see exactly what is happening so they can adequately guide you. Shortly after the end of screenshare session, a video recording of the session is provided for download so you can refer to it later. This will help you learn as you go. You can also use the "?" in your account to view videos, usecases and step by step instructions.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Nichole W.
Industry: Computer Software

Good software but not without flaws

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I love the automation functionality, it really is what puts Ontraport above other competitors in my mind.

Cons

Sometimes the system can get bogged down, especially after years of use and data.

Christina E.
Industry: Management Consulting

Ontraport is the best product purchase we've made in our business

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Ontraport is easy to use, fairly intuitive and their customer support is FANTASTIC.They are very responsive, in some case, even before I've been able to submit a support request they've come to my rescue.

Cons

I'm really having to rack my brain here on this one. There isn't anything that I don't like, that I don't wish they did (because they are so incredibly responsive, many "wishes" have become reality, very quickly).

Amy H.
Industry: Education Management

Ontraport is easier than other CRMs

Reviewed on 2018-08-22

My best suggestion here is to figure things out as best you can, watch the videos, and when you are ready to set up something big, like a funnel or a campaign, use your support time to set up something big for yourself. They record it, so, you can refer back to it.

Pros

My favorite thing about this is that you can use this for both lead capture as well as funnels and affiliates. So, the multi functionality of this is great!

Cons

My least favorite thing is the learning curve. There is a learning curve, but, you get 2 one on one trainings with ontraport.

Response from Ontraport

Hey Amy! That's a good suggestion. Going through our usecases, in-app tutorials and videos gives you a headstart and you know what to ask when you have the one on one onboarding calls with our team. Thanks for sharing!

Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

I was able to set up a book offer page in less than 90 minutes

Reviewed on 2018-12-18

Pros

I feel like I can create and publish marketing materials for my business all in the same day, what a concept. If I need support, there is someone to speak to live to help me solve my issue(s) and have a workable product.

Cons

The cost can be prohibitive, however if you add up all the tools you need to run an online business + human support...this app is a steal!

Response from Ontraport

Thanks for the great review. We agree, not only does it cost less when you look at all the tools our one software replaces, but also think about the time saved! We're happy to hear the tools were easy to use -- next time you'll have an offer up in 60 minutes.

Caitlin G.

Great all-in-one business solution

Reviewed on 2017-12-14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Good value for money compared to CRMs and platforms with similar functionality.

Pros

Covers CRM, e-mail marketing, campaigns, and payments. Visual campaigns feature and strong analytics and reporting.

Tomasz H.
Industry: Media Production

Totally it is not 2018 software

Reviewed on 2018-12-18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

- nothing more then in other marketing automation software, it is really not worth this money. You can have another innovative software for this price.

Cons

- Really uneasy to build an emails with the builder. Fake drag and drop, which is really hard to use.
- Most of the stuff is not customisable

Response from Alexandria

Thanks for the feedback, Tomasz.

We are sorry that we were unable to provide more information showcasing the power of the system as a whole and not only marketing automation. We are constantly making changes and updates to our software and hope that you will give us a try again.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Does what you need, but takes forever to set up

Reviewed on 2019-02-12

While it does what you need to do for your e-mail campaign, where to click to do things is not always intuitive, and sometimes the program is just slow to use.

Pros

You can visually see your e-mail sequences, makes if-then sequences possible.

Cons

It's inefficient. If you open a campaign in edit mode, when you click on the e-mail within that campaign, you have to hit edit again after you're in the e-mail, and then when you the block you want, you have to hit edit again. Each time, there's a slight wait for loading.
If you're in that campaign in edit mode, you shouldn't have to hit edit and wait 3-4 more times. If you're having internet problems, it can add extra HOURS onto your workload.

Response from Ontraport

Thank you for your feedback. We hear you; the email editor update is on the horizon.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Chuck E.
Industry: Management Consulting

Excellent product, quick to respond to service issues

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Working with the product is fairly easy. The customer support has been great.

Cons

While the customer support is responsive. Sometimes communicating the issue is challenging. The format of the support ticket emails is also rather confusing.

Matt J.

Daily user since 2014

Reviewed on 2020-01-15

Like most businesses, we use Ontraport for general email marketing but we also use it track leads and automate follow up of hot leads - this has vastly improved our sales focus, conversion rates, and sales value

Pros

1. Ease of use, a great tool for all my marketing and automation. You have to try it to really understand
2. Support, many of whom I now know on first name basis - Ontraport attracts top notch people to be part of their team and they bend over backwards to help, especially if mistakes are made... I find them extremely proactive.
3 Come for the software, stay for the people. Not only are the staff extremely good at what they do but so are the leaders. Every dept head I've spoken with has been extraordinary and a credit to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who himself is all over the wider community. All of this plus the Facebook Community which is amazing, no question too dumb or too complex, everyone within the wider community is very helpful.

Cons

The knowledge base could probably do with more detail but I can normally get the answer I need from the community with is very strong and healthy

Response from Ontraport

Thanks for the kind words, Matt! We're happy to have you as a part of the Ontraport family.

We're constantly making updates and additions to our Support Center, so please let us know if you have any specific feedback or suggestions for information to add!

Rebecca B.

I love this CRM! Ontraport has changed the way I do business

Reviewed on 2020-09-25

Amazing experience from the day I joined over 4 years ago until today.

Pros

I love this CRM! Ontraport has changed the way I do business and I recommend it to all my clients (and let's face it - to anyone who will listen). The support is wonderful and the platform is powerful. You can set up any funnel you can dream up! Before OP, I was overworked, after getting OP I have so much more time to pour into my clients. You won't regret making the leap! Questions - ask me!

Cons

The only thing is that at the time of this review they don't YET have countdown timers in their emails - but the key word is "YET" because they are always taking new feature requests from their community.

Response from Ontraport

Reviews like this one is what keeps us doing what we do. Glad you've found Ontraport to be successful for your business. Thanks Rebecca!

Steven L.

Great CRM/Marketing Automation Software, but with a few issues

Reviewed on 2020-01-07

I've used Ontraport for more than an year and I really like it (despite my concerns). It's the first window I see in the morning. Aside from basic contact management, the marketing automation component is first rate. Good task management too.

Pros

Nice user interface and overall capabilities. Good task management abilities along with contact management services. The support is simply best in class and the Facebook support group is stellar.

Cons

It's slow compared to other similar systems I've used. You also have to "click your mouse button" way more times than similar services to actually do things inside the system. For example, it may take 6 or 7 mouse clicks to create a basic task whereas past services I've used required only 2 or 3. This is extremely frustrating in terms of productivity. Overall the pros outweigh the cons - but I sure wish they'd address the cons.

Response from Ontraport

Thanks for your review, Steven! We're continually working on the interface to simplify the workflow without sacrificing functionality.

Here's one improvement we just recently released:
We know Tasks were just one example but we've recently added "Quick Tasks" that can be created with three clicks in regular Contacts view: simply select the contact, click on Tasks, and click the Quick Task tab to create the task. Then, in our Contact Quick View interface, adding a Quick Task is just one click.

We're working on lots of other projects to simplify processes and speed up the application interface keep the feedback coming!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Abel U.

Ontraport Helps In My Business Growth

Reviewed on 2020-11-11

Ontraport is a "DO IT YOURSELF" platform that delivers essential and effective business features, like marketing automation, a powerful CRM system, outstanding email delivery, etc. It is my best email marketing campaign platform.

Pros

Ontraport Sales and its automation documents to clients are amazing. They have an effective customer support system and are always there to render any possible assistance whenever I experience any issue.

Cons

They don't have flexible mobile App features, to have the best experience with Ontraport, I recommend using their desktop version. It will be super cool if you could improve your email tracking for each individual user.

Response from Ontraport

Hello Abel. We appreciate your feedback as we always look to our customer reviews to see how we can best improve our platform. Mobile app is still in the works so stay tuned and thanks for the positive review. :)

Jan L.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Ontraport does it all

Reviewed on 2020-09-10

Pros

I have been using Ontraport since early 2016 and it's been a reliable backbone for my business. There were some small issues along the way, but they were mostly user errors and they were quickly addressed by the support.

The flexibility that Ontraport offers is incredible. A couple of years ago you would need a team of programmers to achieve what they offer. Incredible tool.

Cons

Hard to think of any. Really happy with the service provided.

Response from Ontraport

Glad our support team has been able to help with the hiccups along the way! Thanks for taking the time to leave this review, Jan. :)

Mitch B.

Ontraport is so powerful and flexible - almost to the point of overwhelm

Reviewed on 2017-11-08

The biggest benefit is that it allows us to intelligently segment our customers and have a true CRM where we can see what happened when and troubleshoot errors.

Pros

You can just do so much with this software. It's amazing to have the ability to use such a powerful tool where we can design helpful systems for all aspects of our business without ever having to pay or consult a developer. The new updates they have made to the software have been amazing, and I love how there is always a helpful support person just one click away if you ever get stuck.

Cons

Because the software can do so much and is so flexible, it can be a bit overwhelming and at times confusing because you end up doing things in a non-standard way which can lead to a messy account.

Response from ONTRAPORT

Hi Mitch!

There are so many possibilities within ONTRAPORT. A best practice is to think through each process and what reporting you would like before building. You can always share your build with the ONTRAPORT Facebook User Community to get feedback before launching. Our experts and power users usually do this to see if there are other ways to build more efficiently.

Good in theory, buggy overall

Reviewed on 2018-04-12

Not having to juggle between a bunch of other software.

Pros

Ontraport does a lot of things. For the small businesses that are just starting and not sure what they want, Ontraport is great.

Cons

Ontraport made me terrified of all-in-one solution packages. It does a lot of things... but nothing well. Every solution that it solves also has a huge "Yes, BUT..." Rising prices, followed by my inability to do what I need for it to do perfectly, has made me leave Ontraport.

Like, being able to control permissions for wordpress pages is neat. But incredibly tedious to disable access when there's a lot of content. Subscriptions would be hard to manage if the customer had multiple products. Email campaigns were difficult to execute. Just a long laundry list of problems.

If you're a small business that DOES know what you want, and the software to handle it -- I recommend that solution instead.

Response from ONTRAPORT

Thank you for your honest review. We would love to hear more about what your needs are so that we can submit them as feature releases. While we continue to bring core functionalities businesses need under one roof, we appreciate getting feedback from our users so we can continue to grow alongside the market. Please submit to our support team at [email protected]

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Daniel G.
Industry: E-Learning

Used campaigns, rules, message sequences to structure our business.

Reviewed on 2017-11-22

I was able to automate tasks that would otherwise require someone to send out various emails to thousands of people.

Pros

I like the functionality of campaigns, tags, triggers, and sequences most. It's very helpful and means I can automate what I would otherwise have to pay someone else to do.

Cons

The inability to sanitize campaign data during testing (i.e. I test buy a product and lifetime customer value report will always say I earned $X - I cannot reset it after testing, unless I want to copy and paste the whole campaign to start again, which would require more time to test.

Also, it's a fairly slow/bandwidth intensive software to use.

Response from ONTRAPORT

Hi Daniel! Thank you for your review. Glad to see you would recommend us to a friend. We use task automation on campus for many of our departments to save us time as well.

We hear you about the testing feature in campaigns. Did you know that our team takes feature requests and we vote them up based on customer wants? To up-vote this request, shoot an email to [email protected] and have them give this function a thumbs up.