Filmora

Video editing software for marketing businesses

4.5/5

Hossamudin H.

Awesome editing software!

Reviewed on 2022-04-26

Great!

Pros

I like how easy it is to create a high quality video.

Cons

some features are not up to the high standards like colour correction... I have to do it on premiere, then continue editing on filmora.
Also, the audio editing features are too limited.

Adobe Premiere Pro and Camtasia

Easier use, better price-value

Adobe Premiere Pro

Reasons for Switching to Filmora

Mainly how easy it is, and price-value.
Phil M.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Making great videos is a breeze with Filmora

Reviewed on 2022-04-05

I have been using this product to improve my family home videos. I can make them much more fun to watch just by adding themes, titles and transitions. It is also very easy to clean up and edit out bad video scenes. I am planning on buying a new PC just so I can use the newer version of this product.

Pros

Ease of use. I watched a few videos on how to use and picked it up without issue. The interface is fantastic. Tons of options and the ability to add more content, transitions and titles.

Cons

Recent large improvements ro the software has rendered it useless to me. I had to back track the versions because my pc just wouldn’t run the new versions correctly. Not a lot of included transitions, titles and themes are included. There is a subscription service that has much much more, but it is expensive.

Pavel T.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Deceptive Vendor

Reviewed on 2022-03-13

In 2017, I bought Filmora with the lifetime upgrade option. I later upgraded to Filmora Pro, paying additional 100+ USD to Wondershare. Now Filmora Pro has been discontinued and Wondershare refuses to give me back my Filmora license with the lifetime upgrade option or to return the extra money paid for the product they uniletarally killed. Wondershare is a very deceptive software vendor. They do not have your best interst at heart. Avoid.

Pros

The software is easy to use and is actively updated

Cons

The lifetime upgrade option has been taken away and Wondershare's support is difficult to deal with.

Aria S.
  • Industry: Publishing

Simplest But Powerful Video Editor Ever

Reviewed on 2022-02-25

I've been a professional video editor for many years, I used many software before I found Filmora, and now I can't leave my new PC without installed this editing tool.

Pros

Lightweight, ease of use. I never have other software that not really resource consuming in video editing. The rendering process is also very fast and the quality is good.

Cons

Online functionalities somehow are too much, people need to be given freedom about how to use this software and where to publish their works.

Adobe Premiere Pro

Reasons for Choosing Filmora

Lighter weight in software size and resource requirements, faster performance.

Lower price
Thelma B.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Filmora, for me, is a one-stop shop for my media editing needs.

Reviewed on 2022-04-20

Generally my experience with Filmora has been great. I have been able to produce some quality content with the help of this editor.

Pros

I really value the trim and merge features because most of my videos comprise of many videos that I have aesthetically combined.

Cons

In my opinion, Filmora is a pricey software.

• Customer Support Software

The best video editing tool for beginners!

Reviewed on 2022-04-26

I’m pretty happy with Filmora. It gives me all I need to do a great editing job. I don’t need anything to fancy, so it is perfect, because is very easy to use. If you searching for a really professional video editing software, maybe Fimora isn’t for you, but it’s perfect to do basic editing and won’t disappoint you in quality.

Pros

The drag and drop function saves a lot of time. It have copyright- free sounds and music available. Exports to different formats. It has a bunch of presets and filters at your disposall.

Cons

It has a fully functional free version, but it has a watermark. I’d experienced some lagging, but only in the free version. Lacks on some more professional tools.

Marie R.
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Great Editing APP FILMORA!!!

Reviewed on 2022-05-09

Overall my experience with Filmora is Great! It is a software that is so used by my for my media post. Many people appreciate my work due to Filmora making it easy for me to edit my videos! I'm grateful for filmora!

Pros

I Love using Filmora for my media contents! It definitely makes the process of creative creations smooth & just amazing! The software features of Filmora makes it easy for every creative artist to edit their work in efficient and easy way! As soon as I downloaded it I have always used it everyday!

Cons

the least thing about this software I would say is the conversion can go much faster. but it's still pretty good for a software.

• Customer Support Software

Customizable and feels right.

Reviewed on 2022-03-26

It is very intuitive and its layout and video editing approach very flexible.

Pros

I have had challenges editing 4K resolution video with other video editing softwares. With Filmora I am able to organize my files in different categories and create proxies for each file.

Ability to create and edit shortcuts in Filmora has been very useful in my workflows and makes it easy to customize how I have overtime learnt video editing and makes me able to interact easily with my other video editing softwares.

Cons

The licenses are not cross shared between Mac and PC computers.
The lifetime plan is inexpensive however, I found the monthly subscription for effects and plug-ins high and unsustainable.

Jafeth G.
  • Industry: Photography

working with filmora

Reviewed on 2022-04-20

I like the program and it is not so heavy to work on a laptop, it fulfills its objective

Pros

I like how practical it can be being so advanced and so easy to use

Cons

your library of elements now has costs and before it was free and very good

Kuldeep P.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Professional Video Editor

Reviewed on 2022-04-20

Pros

With Filmora, I edited videos effortlessly without any editing skills.

Cons

Still not faced any issues while using Filmora in mobile device

Jaime valeriano R.

• Customer Support Software

A Review About Filmora in the perspective of a University College Student.

Reviewed on 2021-07-20

Overall, Filmora is a good video editor especially to beginners as it has a very user friendly interface. Its features are not so complicated compared to others which makes this editor simple. But I think that is actually good because I believe in "less is more" motto. On the other hand, there are rarely that I experience lag but as I have said in this review that I do something to prevent this software to lag.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that I am able to finish video editing tasks quickly since it is easy to use and unlike other video editing software that I've tried that there are so many processes before getting the results that you want; thus very useful especially when deadline for tasks are near. Filmora for me is as easy as drag and drop process. Also, they have their own Filmstocks that I can get different transitions, titles, elements, effects, etc. which I can use whenever that I am planning to have an overall theme for a video I am making. Also, another thing that I like about in Filmora is that they give discounts to verified students like up to 30% off.

Cons

Well, sometimes I encounter lags when using the software but only if there are a lot of videos, audios, effects, elements, transitions, etc. in the timeline. Like even if I also click the render preview button it is still super laggy. I am not sure whether the reason is because of the specs on my laptop, but my friends told me that it is high enough. The following is the specs of my laptop: Its processor is AMD Ryzen 5 4500U with Radeon Graphics, its ram is 8GB, its rom is 512GB SSD, its display memory is around 4GB, and its DirectX version is 12. Yet, I actually discover something where before the Filmora will lag because of many contents in the timeline; I will already export that video and will just create a new project where I will put exported video there and continue the process.

Thenuka E.
  • Industry: Online Media

• Customer Support Software

Best Video editing/Creating software for everyone

Reviewed on 2020-06-04

so overall when compared to the price you pay, this software package is a great deal for everyone.

Pros

This software is one of the most easiest software that a person can use. It basically includes almost all the feature you need to edit a video. The best thing is, you do not need to have any sort of knowledge to use it. you will eventually figure out what to do. the platform is very user friendly. It also features a lot of things like chroma key and other effects that you need to create a professional video. It also come with those ever growing effect pack which make the video look amazing. I have been using filmora since I started my high school and I am still using this to create my videos. I think this is the best deal that you can for for this price. When compared to other video editors, this provides the user a good experience even for beginners.

Cons

There are plenty of things to be improved as well. The designing side is missing from this software. If I need to design or invent some graphic content, I don't think that I can do it within the software itself. and the other thing is, it takes a lot of time when saving a video. and there are some transitions which are too cartoony. I can only add 2 videos tracks. So i think this software will be better with more professional looking effects, transition and also with a designing tools which will make this software package complete.

Kriti A.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Fast and Friendly Video Editing Software for Content Creators!

Reviewed on 2021-07-04

If you have little to no knowledge of video editing, Wondershare's Filmora is your choice! You can create seamless, professional videos with the help of this software. Features that are a bit hard to get hold of in industry-accepted video editing softwares can easily be found here, and editing techniques like pan and zoom, speed effects, etc., can be applied with just a click of a button. It offers a number of user-friendly features and basically spoils you for choices with its range of effects, transitions, overlays, and text options. I would recommend this software to anyone who has close to zero knowledge of video editing but doesn't wish to depend on someone else for this particular work.

Pros

Wondershare's Filmora is an extremely easy-to-use video editing software. It is apt for beginners and content creators who wish to edit their videos in the easiest and the fastest ways possible. It has an interface that's easy to use and navigate, an excellent variety of overlays, effects and transitions, and once gotten hold of it, one can even edit high-end videos like short films, music videos, even documentaries and features using this software, If given a chance, this software is good enough to replace many high-end video editing softwares.

Cons

As a filmmaker, I happen to know that video editing requires immense patience, and is an extremely time-consuming task. It's heartbreaking when you are almost finished with the project and the software decides to lag and eventually crash. Although this is not a unique feature of this particular feature and most video editing softwares happen to crash from time to time, Filmora is no different in this specific aspect.

Muhammad I.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

• Customer Support Software

My experience about Filmora by wondershare

Reviewed on 2021-08-04

Whether you are a freelancer or YouTuber or video editor. Filmora is the perfect video editor software for you. You can manage multiple projects at the same time by using the "save the project as a file" feature.
You can easily convert your text to video and can generate good content for social media. Whether you are a video editor or your skill is video creator, Filmora has many tools for you to be a professional.
But unfortunately, it is going to crash sometime and you may lose your whole project. so you need to be careful and keep saving your project every 10 minutes.
I have used Filmora a long time ago But now Filmora has been improved much more. I hope it is going to be a perfect place for a video editor and for content creators.

Pros

Screen recording and voice-over features are unique in Filmora and I don't think any software will have such amazing features too. Each time you are going to record the screen, you can show your mouse click and can roundabout a point and this is too much important.
Once you complete your recording, some unwanted noise is going to appear in your recording, You can remove that by using Noice remover. But doing this will delete some of your voice too. Now here Voiceover feature is going to help you a lot. You can easily record your script again and can make your video professional.

Cons

Blurring, Focusing, and other annotations are too much important for an editor person. But unfortunately
Filmore has no feature like this. You need to download some custom annotation if you want to use it in your project because it has no annotation by default.
Whenever I am going to use the noise removal tool, it is going to cut my audio also. Then again I use to record my particular script using the voice-over feature. I hope that the Filmora team will work on this and make it improve.

Mucheke V.
  • Industry: Media Production

Filmora x

Reviewed on 2021-05-07

Filmora is a great video editing software I have been using this software since its seven edition and now I'm using filmora 10 ( filmora x ) . Every new edition comes with a ton of features.

Pros

Ease of use is the best feature of filmora. It is a matter of drag and drop which is simple even for the newbies. Without a doubt, I will recommend filmora to anyone who is just getting started with video editing.
Another feature that really fascinated me about filmora is the ton of resources that come with it i.e stock music, animated elements , impressive transitions among others.

Cons

The only problem that I have been experiencing with filmora is speed when it is rendering a project.

VEGAS Pro

Reasons for Choosing Filmora

Filmora was user friendly and help me save my time by organising my working folders well .

Reasons for Switching to Filmora

Filmora was more affordable than the other softwares
Frederico S.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

Anyone edit videos with this software!

Reviewed on 2022-04-25

Pros

After I discovered this software, I never looked for another video editor again. Anyone without technical knowledge can use it. You can take audio in and out, cut and insert videos or images and subtitles in various layers of the timeline and it provides libraries of amazing visual effects. Anyone looking for an affordable solution, this is the way to go and it's worth it. Just download the free trial version. There are also several tutorials on youtube that teach you how easy it is to work with it.

Cons

I've been using this software for a while and so far I haven't had any negative experience or anything I say that might make it difficult to use. I think it's an excellent product even compared to other premium editors on the market.

Cristhian josue J.
  • Industry: Design

Filmora, the video editor that will simplify your life

Reviewed on 2021-09-04

Pros

Filmora is an interesting video editor, it has features that we can create in professional video editors but with the difference that we can apply these functions easily and quickly.

Filmora's workflow is very fast, we can automate numerous aspects, allowing us to create good quality videos very fast.

I would personally suggest Filmora for any editor looking to create quality audiovisuals.

Cons

Filmora is cool, but not professional

I like this video editor, but it doesn't meet the needs of an experienced editor, but rather serves to speed up the creation of elaborate content and videos for social networks.

But I would not use it to create long footage or professional audiovisuals, I would use it to make youtube videos or even tiktoks.

Ndereyimana P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

• Customer Support Software

Best affordable and easy video editing software

Reviewed on 2021-01-04

Well i started using this in high school for quick video editing which at that time i used for basic needs which really helped me out for a time.
i have been considering this since high for an easy inexpensive and quick video editing software even i do use it sometimes in my church
Briefly, this software have been so useful to me than many.

Pros

i would recommend this software to any one who want an easy video editor with a high level of video editing features compared to other softwares which not only can be expensive but also not easy to use.
A great thing about this software is that not only its inexpensive but has a lot of features, templates ,themes,effects,tools and titles which may be not available in different other softwares for free.
This is a unique thing about this software,Producing a high quality video for almost nothing.
I love it.

Cons

Well i would like this program to add more and more tools compared to other programs like adobe premier
which could add more space to the users unlimited.
Filmora should add something about audio quality improvement on making videos and also add some sound effects in it.
The new upgraded version is so disappointing because it removed some features of the old one which were necessary like the video speed control.
Nothing more to dislike about this

Powerful Video Editing For Most Levels

Reviewed on 2021-02-13

I found it to be really good, especially for the price. Able to use and output various resolutions, codecs and formats. Has some mid-range to advanced features. Has more functionality and customisable elements than iMovie or Animoto, but doesn't cost as much anywhere near as much as Premiere Pro or other 'Pro' solutions.

Pros

Relatively easy to learn. Plenty of functionality and features to suit most needs. Delivers Pretty Good Results. Price of a perpetual license was very attractive.

Cons

I found the interface a bit clunky at times. The software crashed a few times unexpectedly. Creating titles and transitions seemed to take longer than necessary and the bundled title templates were limited for my uses.

Animoto

Reasons for Choosing Filmora

Needed more functionality that iMovie didn't have. Wondershare offers very good pricing options.

iMovie

Price and hardware requirements
Yann I.
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

A video editing software that isn't overly complicated

Reviewed on 2021-05-14

Pros

I really like the fact that Filmora is a video editing software that goes straight to the point. I might not necessarily all the bells and whistles of other video editing solutions but it does provide you with a relatively solid of features.

You'll be able to edit your videos and add some pretty cool effects to them, even if you aren't that much of a video editing wizard.

Plus, the platform's overall user interface and approach is quite clean and smooth: you can edit videos and tap into existing elements (effects, transitions, etc.) without having to learn every single thing about video editing.

I have used other video editing software in the past and I know that wanting to keep things as intuitive as possible is something that, unfortunately, doesn't always happen with video editing solutions.

Cons

While Filmora lets you tap into video editing even if you don't have much of a video editing skillset. However, as someone who has used another (and more advanced) video editing tool, I have felt that, sometimes Filmora has been quite limiting in terms of what could be done with videos.

It would say that Filmora's straightforward approach is a positive thing on the one side, but, at the same time, a limiting aspect on the other.

Modise T.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Soft Review

Reviewed on 2020-12-21

A quick payload professionally set software that gives a perfect, compact finished project. For those turnaround time and beauty in a finished product matter. still for the live streaming enthusiast film or gaming, its great data conscious stage for the perfect expression. The almost template like lettering and headlining makes it an almost steal, yet it is the easiest videography software by far; even to the naive to the niche

Pros

Ease of use, the drag, and the dump give the word video dumping a new meaning. The usually defiant act of chromakeying is here well catered for, take a good well-lit video and you will not be doing much bone picking, it will give you the desired results without many technicalities about pairing and chromakeying. With well pre-packaged titles and template captions, it makes most video work almost magical. It is the ideal of plug and play, or load and use, guarantee you that you do not do much software prep settings or software payload adjustments. An ideal for the unscholarly who just wants to edit their blog, event videos or even professional work without the much clatter of modern videography. And you do not have to be engaged in much ado about converting too as most formats out there and resolution options are plenty once done editing. whether a video game streamer, live streaming or just video jogging expert, this is the real thing. A raving peer to its much speculated and much setting needed peers and rivals.

Cons

Still raving for a shortfall. Though like other mainstream softwares, you still have to earn a substantial income for additional plug-ins. A thing that makes beginners' standard entry a nifty power hungry. But when you have overcome the i want it all attitude it all adds up.

Adam G.

A Superb video editing software

Reviewed on 2021-11-21

The overall experience is great, I use Filmora from time to time when I need to render a quick video, and the software has never failed me, it's always possible to make videos in a way I envisioned them.

Pros

Filmora is a really affordable yet professional video editing software. It has a lot of features that can only be found in much more expensive editing software. The UI is really intuitive and easy to grasp. I've had little knowledge of video editing beforehand, but Filmora has made it really easy for me to learn it. Furthermore, it is constantly getting new updates that include more and more features, which is great. There is a huge variety of music and special effect to choose from, with them you can easily create great videos.

Cons

For some reason the software tends to log me out from time to time, it can get annoying when I'm done with editing a video and upon clicking the button to render it I get a message that I cannot render it since I don't have the premium version (I do, I just have to login back). Moreover, sometimes it might get difficult to grab exactly what you want on the editing timeline, and it can get really annoying.

Sanjeep L.

Why I recommend Filmora?

Reviewed on 2021-05-25

Since I started cinematography, Filmora was my first software where I edit my first video. It was really easy and simple for me to learn and start. I recommend this lightweight video editing software

Pros

One of the good video editor is Filmora which is really suitable for Both beginner or Professionals. The reasons why I am recommending Filmora are mentioned below:
- Easy, Simple and Fast
- Lightweight and Clear GUI
- Free trial
- Rich in features and effects

Cons

Even Filmora is one of the better video editing software It has some rooms to be improved. According to my experience I have figure some point and It would have been better if mentioned below points are updated and improve:
- it would Better if there wasn't water mark on free trial
- Does not support all files
- Sometime cannot customize text, clip and sound

Jyotsna T.

An Amazing Video Editing Software for Beginners and Amatuers

Reviewed on 2021-07-06

Filmora has an amazing experience for me. It has helped me with multiple projects including promos, podcasts, and much more. It includes all the features I need and is extremely easy to use if you follow the tutorials correctly. Filmora themselves provide tutorials in the form of YouTube videos and blogs as well as Filmora expert users offer free tutorials on the internet, which makes everything easy while doing any editing with Filmora.

Pros

The best features of Filmora:
1. Easy to use - Doesn't require much technical knowledge to get started. (Tutorials are available on YouTube which will help you with a headstart).
2. Includes all the video editing features one needs in one software - It has transitions, titles, text, basic visual elements, and much more.
3. Multiple formats are supported - You can edit different types of video, image, and audio files which have different formats, and you can export them in any resolution of choice (even in 4K), with the bitrate, quality, extension, and audio settings of your choice.

Cons

The cons of Filmora:
1. The mobile app of Filmora requires a separate subscription so you can't use a single Filmora subscription to edit videos on the go using a mobile phone.
2. Rendering process sometimes takes time while rendering in high resolutions or high bitrates.

Adam A.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Good Software for the Price

Reviewed on 2019-10-30

On the overall Filmora is excellent. It's fairly fast, easy to learn, and offers enough advanced features to keep you content for a years. With each video I make I usually find a new tool or a new way to use the tools I'm already familiar with. It's a bargain.

Pros

Filmora isn't super expensive, but it is a full fledged film making software suite suitable for amateur and professional filmmakers. You can adjust the footage in most any way you want, use whatever transitions that please you (but you use them sparingly and tastefully, unless you are making a home movie), and can work with all the normal filetypes (import and export them). For the vast majority of users Filmora is more than good enough.

Cons

There was a period where the software was unstable, but that seems to be the case with most film editors I've run on my less than stellar hardware.