OnPlan

Sales forecasting and financial reporting software

4.8/5
Customer Support Software

Sumeet M.

Starting off to use

Reviewed on 2020-08-21

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team have been great in following up with details and reach out. We have started in the onboarding process which is the input parameter of the setup. More they do the heavy lifting - I send them a baseline business model and then they interview a lot of questions that gets placed into the model themselves. So this process has been quite interactive.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team have been great in creating this solution for automated spreadsheets on the fly and also CFO like resources on a dashboard. I look forward to using this prominently as we continue to grow and eventually have this automated as planned thus making a CEO's life a lot easier. One thing I hate doing is updating spreadsheets even with a static template. This solution will be dynamic and ultimately make things more efficient for us accordingly.

Cons

Too early to tell as we are about to use it in more detail in the coming weeks.

Ethan L.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Game Changer - Easily See the Future

Reviewed on 2020-08-25

OnPlan has enabled me to quickly see the impact of various decisions. It even lets me create several scenarios to input the variables related to different decisions. This enables me to compare various courses of action side-by-side. In my old Excel model, I would have to create copies of my workbooks, deal with versioning, and then input the same data in multiple worksheets (eg. reflecting pay increases in all the worksheets). OnPlan gives me better visualization without the hassle of multiple Excel workbooks.

Pros

The data visualizations are excellent. I can change a few revenue or expense variables (or both) and immediately see the impact to key metrics. The model ensures that the analytics are correct and I don't have to worry about an Excel cell somewhere deep in my old model throwing the whole thing off.

Cons

I don't have the time or skills to make changes to my model so sometimes I rely on OnPlan's staff to adjust it. However, their staff is extremely knowledgeable about SaaS financials and metrics and is all over it when I need something, including the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Bojan J.

Great Financial Modeling Software

Reviewed on 2020-09-26

Great product, solves a lot of manual tasks. We can instantly track how our company is performing.

Pros

Quick, highly flexible and detail model implementation. Easy to use, you can quickly create different what if scenarios or custom dashboards to track your KPIs.

Cons

Software is new and there are many new features to come out. Variances on the graphs are not available.

• Industry: Design

Creative Agency Usage

Reviewed on 2020-08-26

Pros

We were referred to OnPlan via another agency. The application is highly flexible and allows for modeling many different scenarios for revenue and cash flow. It is also extremely configurable and allows for creating custom dashboards for things like Global KPIs, Revenue, Sales, Expenses, Staffing/Headcount needs, our Cash Dynamics, and Benchmarks. It also imports from several accounting platforms like Quickbooks and Xero; crm data from Salesforce and Hubspot, your own data sources, and your own custom models. These features allow for us to get several complete pictures for different outlooks and outcomes.

Cons

There is a lot of functionality and as someone who isn't a CFO it can be a bit daunting. That said, the time you invest learning the functionality is well worth it.

Jon H.
  • Industry: Automotive

OnPlan is a flexible tool to setup Budgets, Forecasts and What-if Scenarios

Reviewed on 2020-08-21

We were able to improve the quality and efficiency of our monthly reporting. The process was taking us about 10 days each month and we were able to bring it down to 1-2 days. We can easily create reports on the fly and have a much more streamlined monthly close and forecasting process.

Pros

Our team picked OnPlan after researching other tools including Adaptive Planning and Vena. Ultimately, we chose OnPlan because of its compatibility with Excel and Google Sheets. We liked that OnPlan integrates with Quickbooks and Hubspot and improves on Excel's lack of audit trail, version control, access control, scenario planning etc. Also, was very happy with OnPlan's customer support and responsiveness.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve with OnPlan - but most of it is very similar to Google Sheets and Excel. Once you have learned the platform, reporting becomes much easier.

Paul H.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Next level forecasting

Reviewed on 2020-10-12

Pros

There are a number of key features for me:
* ability to quickly run as many scenarios as I want, and to compare these to each other
* import my actuals and see transaction level detail from Quickbooks
* flexibility to set up the model the way I want it - rather than being forced into certain templates

Cons

The OnPlan team seems to be rolling out new features all the time. One of the features I'd like is improved summary tables in dashboards. The team has listened to this and these are in the process of being rolled out - one of the advantages of dealing with a new and enthusiastic company.

Zachary K.

Great product for Financial Modeling compared to legacy Excel docs

Reviewed on 2020-07-29

Very good experience overall!

Pros

I like the ability to add our monthly financials from Xero and the different tools to forecast scenarios. It's easy to show company stakeholders "what-if" scenarios, for example, what if we grow 6% MoM versus a profitable model versus a 15% MoM growth model that's not profitable. Its also a lot easier to input information compared to a traditional Excel spreadsheet.

Cons

There are some integrations coming down the pipeline that I'm interested in, but no real issues.

Amro Q.

Robust Financial Reporting Platform

Reviewed on 2020-08-28

We wanted to peroform monthly BVA variance analysis and be able to track ALL updates in our financial model in one place and Onplan was a perfect solution to our objective function.

Pros

From day one the team at On plan assigned us with a technical [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who helped us set up our QuickBooks in a matter of seconds.

Onplan allowed us to integrate our financial reporting with our CRM platforms (Hubspot) and GUSTO (Payroll) very efficiently

The platform connected to our google sheet and excel models seamlessly and we took control of our financial planning, analysis, and reporting

The platform allowed us to quickly provide our investors with accurate monthly reporting and beautiful dashboards that helped us build a solid financial infrastructure in one place

Cons

Overall the product is 5-star AA+ and the team at onplan managed to update certain formatting features that we requested very fast

Adaptive Planning

Reasons for Choosing OnPlan

Adaptive insights was very expensive and complicated for our needs.

Adaptive Planning

Reasons for Switching to OnPlan

1 - Product features - Onplan is a full robust platform that is affordable and allowed us to achieve our main objectives:2 - Price and value 3 - Technical [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Onboarding Team4 - Beautiful design of UX/UI
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

This is a "must have" piece of software for any one using spreadsheets

Reviewed on 2020-08-06

Excellent. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team have been extraordinarily helpful and accommodating for our needs.

Pros

The OnPlan interface is truly solving for us the most nagging problems of spreadsheets. It allows us to have the best of both worlds: with OnPlan, we maintain the flexibility of spreadsheets, but without some of the major pains. Unlike other systems where the possibilities of configuring the financial reporting and financial modeling remained limited or extremely cumbersome, using OnPlan we are able to configure the data to meet exactly our clients’ evolving business needs, and yet our clients no longer have to dive into the sausage making of our spreadsheets - unless they choose to!
As a result, we are able to help our clients much more easily integrate finance into their decision making.
By putting them on OnPlan, not only can they gain easier visibility into their actual financial performance, they are also able to run multiple forward looking scenarios- mostly by themselves!

Cons

Like any new software, OnPlan is quickly evolving and continuously improving, therefore not all their functionalities are fully developed yet. So we appreciate the dedication of OnPlan’s service team, to help us get the results we need for our clients, even when some of our requests are still on OnPlan development roadmap...

Jirav and NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing OnPlan

Liveplan, Spotlight and Fathom were too limited in configuration possibilities for what we do. Google Spreadsheet alone is too overwhelming for the majority of our clients, as a result our clients don't use their financial models and financial reporting as much as they need. Also, to enable scaling, we were looking for something better than just spreadsheets.
Tetyana G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Tool for Rapid Implementation

Reviewed on 2020-08-21

We implemented OnPlan to build a budget and rolling forecast for a division within a larger company. I was impressed wtih the granularity of user permissions and acess, the change logs and the what-if scenario forecasting.

Pros

OnPlan sets a new benchmark for ease of implementation and time to value. I was on a team that implemented OnPlan for a division in a well know SaaS company. The beauty of OnPlan is that it allows a user to take an existing Excel financial model and ingest it without changing the logic. Our time of implementation was three weeks from start to finish rather than the six months that is typical of heavier ERP systems.

Cons

There are a couple of UX/UI things that I think can be smoothed out, but overall a very polished software.

Vena, Planful, Planning Center and NetSuite

Reasons for Switching to OnPlan

We chose OnPlan over the other systems that we were evaluating due to its Excel-friendly architecture and due to its ease of implementation.
Adam S.

Fantastic financial planning product - no need for expensive CFOs

Reviewed on 2020-07-30

I want to have an up-to-date model to project out into the future and scenario plan. OnPlan allows me to do that without needing to hire a financial team. While the cost savings are great, I simply enjoy managing my own finances as much as possible.

Added bonus that the OnPlan team is super responsive and happy to help if and when I have questions.

Pros

Before OnPlan, smaller companies like mine would need to hire an outsourced CFO for $10-20k to help us build a model. Given that their models are almost always off the shelf, that price seemed ridiculous but no other option seemed to exist. OnPlan solved that problem and now I can manage and manipulate my own financial planning model without any CFO or financial expert.

Cons

While OnPlan makes it very easy to manage my financial plan - especially compared to other options - I'd still like it to be even easier to use.

Jason L.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Top Notch Financial Modeling Tool

Reviewed on 2020-08-06

Pros

OnPlan is easy to use. Implementation was quick and easy. It is a highly flexible financial modeling tool.

Cons

While OnPlan has many templates available, I would like to have even more templates available.