Yardi Breeze Reviews

Write a Review!
Refreshingly simple property management software

4.0/5

Alvin
Alvin

YARDI BREEZE AT ITS BEST

Reviewed on 2024-02-13

There is always room for improvement. All these reviews, at the end of the day make it a future formidable tool that will elevate its current market position and be a vital tool and be successful.

Pros

Yardi Breeze is quite user friendly. With great help from the back support team, life makes it even easier for us. Through Navigation and the user friendly, understands the "language" everyone can comprehend and communicate.

Cons

Sometimes, it takes more than one day to get the response.

Davi

Things I love about Yardi Breeze

Reviewed on 2024-04-18

I couldn't be happier with Breeze. I use it every day and love it.

I couldn't be happier with Breeze. I use it every day and love it.

Pros

I love the ease of use, the help content, the very responsive online chat and help. REfresh is a wonderful tool and opportunity to learn on my own time and I really appreciate that it comes at no expense.

Cons

There's very few items, I could use a few more sorting columns.

Suzanne

Worst business experience

Reviewed on 2024-03-14

Nightmare experience with no good results, still waiting for a refune

Nightmare experience with no good results, still waiting for a refune

Pros

Nothing, from the initial set up full of mistakes, to inflexible accounting, launching properties for rent which should not be for rent, tenants can’t sign in, owners couldn’t find information on their properties—worst business experience

Cons

Everything, this software doesn’t provide one good thing

Gina

Commercial Property Management

Reviewed on 2024-04-18

I'm a broker, not an accountant. Yardi Breeze was easy to understand.

I'm a broker, not an accountant. Yardi Breeze was easy to understand.

Pros

User friendly, easy set-up, all the bells and whistles without the complications

Cons

Some features need to be manipulated for commercial and association use, but still functions beautifully

Reasons for Switching to Yardi Breeze

At first it was cost, but now I'd select Breeze again due to simplicity
Paula

Great Software Great Price

Reviewed on 2024-04-17

Chat team and software has been easy and reliable.

Chat team and software has been easy and reliable.

Pros

Yardi is a user friendly product that is easy to train new staff on.

Cons

The reporting with maintenance and delinquency could be better and adding comments to delinquency notes.

Johanna

• Customer Support Software

Beautiful on the outside, not so much on the inside

Reviewed on 2023-06-21

Our only benefit moving from Yardi Genesis to Yardi Breeze has been that it's available online and that it looks beautiful and is easier to navigate. Accounting-wise though, Genesis was a far superior to Breeze. Breeze has certain design faults that are really driving us crazy trying to work around them and hindering our ability to work more efficiently.

Pros

Available online; nice interface; fairly easy to navigate.

Cons

Integration with our mixed-use property management business has been very rocky. We continue to experience delays in performing our work as we scramble to use work-arounds and not having all of the tools that we need to run our business. Customer Support wants to help, but they are limited by the functionality of the software and what the development team is willing to listen to and work on.

AppFolio Property Manager and Buildium

Reasons for Choosing Yardi Breeze

Yardi Genesis was discontinued. We had to make the switch.

Reasons for Switching to Yardi Breeze

We trusted the Yardi name after many years working with Yardi Genesis. We felt that Yardi was the industry leader and we felt that they would quickly improve the mishaps that existed with the software when it was launched. But we have been incredibly dissapointed and no longer believe Yardi truly knows the real estate industry and what it takes to manage property from an accounting persepective.
Sherri

My Review

Reviewed on 2023-10-12

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up your lease information so that monthly rent/CAM invoices are very easy to create and distribute to tenants.

Cons

I wish that when you opened a data entry screen, that your cursor would automatically show up in the first data box without having to click everytime. I like keyboard shortcuts so all the transitioning to the mouse feels like wasted time. I would have like better options for how to organize attachments. Data folders to use rather than trying to figure out a system of naming everything would be helpful. We really didn't receive any training on Breeze when it was originally implemented. I feel like there are many features that I don't even know about because so many things weren't explained. It was initiation by fire.

Kandace

We love Yardi Breeze

Reviewed on 2024-04-18

Yardi Breeze has revolutionized our accounting and bookkeeping processes. Its intuitive interface makes it easy to manage financial transactions, track expenses, and generate comprehensive reports. The automation features have saved us countless hours, especially with recurring invoices, management fees and journal entries. The ability to customize reports (ad hoc) to suit our clients' needs has been incredibly beneficial to them for analyzing financial data and making informed decisions. Overall, Yardi Breeze has streamlined our accounting operations and improved our financial management efficiency. Our property management clients are delighted!

Pros

Automation opportunities, Customizable Reports, Financial Tracking

Cons

Steep learning curve (but once you get it, it's great!)

Cadie

• Customer Support Software

The Chat Features is the Real Hero!

Reviewed on 2024-04-17

Pros

I was immediately impressed with how user-friendly Yardi is. The website and even the app are so easy to navigate. The chat feature located at the bottom of the screen makes this program better than any other software I have used. The ability to easily connect with Yardi and get assistance on any issue is invaluable.

Cons

Deleting an item is too easy. Some items should have a warning pop-up to notify the user that deleting this item may cause permanent changes. Deleting an item that may alter financial statements, for example.

Heather

Navigation

Reviewed on 2024-04-17

Pros

The Ease of learning the way to accomplish your work goals

Cons

Understanding limitations of the program, differences from previous program

Adam
  • Industry: Accounting Software
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Reviewed on 2020-09-09

As an accountant, my overall experience has been pretty uneven. When I'm trying to make a journal entry or reconcile a bank account, I find myself wishing my client was using QuickBooks. But when I'm recording an inter-entity transaction or looking at CAM charges, I'm grateful for Yardi. I just hope there is a unit within Yardi that's focused on developing the accounting side of the Breeze software, because overall it really is not up to par with respect to the rest of the industry.

Pros

Easy to list properties online for potential residents to find. Easy to set up online payment for residents. Customer support has been responsive and helpful. Some nice, innovative features on the property management side of the software.

Cons

The accounting side of the software is pretty weak and clunky compared to competitors. There's no way to set up bank feeds, so cash reconciliations are 100% manual. The way banks are paired with GL accounts is convoluted and difficult to set up and understand. You can attach documents to payables and receivables (great!) but not to general journal entries (why not?). There is no way to customize basic financial reports in the way you would in software like QuickBooks. Customer support chat feature doesn't work with my company but other companies' chat features (e.g. Intuit) work just fine. Navigation is clunky - it often takes several clicks to get where you need to go. There is a "Favorites" feature that allows you to create your own list of frequently visited areas in the software, but that in and of itself is pretty clunky and confusing, and I shouldn't have to set up favorites in well-designed software. I've had weird errors here and there that customer service couldn't explain and that were solved using a silly workaround (such as removing a couple of lines from a journal entry and putting them into a separae entry). There is no way to "hard close" your books for a given period, so there is nothing stopping a user from posting transactions into a closed period, so if you're a company that needs to get an audit, don't use Yardi. Overall, the accounting side of this software feels like a beta test - it's pretty good, but it's not quite fully baked.

Response from Yardi Systems

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comprehensive feedback and hope you continue to enjoy Breeze's marketing, leasing and property management functionality, as well as our customer support. In the meantime, we're constantly making improvements to our platform. That's one reason we came out with Breeze Premier earlier this year. We'll follow up with you directly, but in short, the accounting functionality you identified is missing is in fact available in Breeze Premier. Attachments to journal entries are available in Breeze and Breeze Premier, and auto-matching for bank reconciliations, custom reporting and the ability to hard close your books are available in Breeze Premier. Our customer service experts would be happy to troubleshoot why live chat is not working for you; it's a great, free feature and we want you to be able to take advantage of it. Hope this helps!

Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze [email protected]

Bailie

So glad we switched!

Reviewed on 2023-05-12

For what I use in Yardi, it works and it works well! I'm happy with what I've come across thus far.

Pros

It truly is very user friendly! The chat bubble on the bottom for customer service has been a LIFESAVER! (Shoutout to the Yardi Breeze CS Team). The response time is extremely fast with their chat center, even if they're unavailable. I love being able to pull future monthly postings as well to determine what the income is going to be for a specific month, and there are multiple ways to double check yourself within reports, which is also very helpful.

Cons

The leasing portion is a bit confusing to me. CRM Queue isn't all that helpful. When I send out an email from Breeze, I do wish that it pulled their responses into Breeze. Also, it would be very helpful to be able to search an apartment number, and be able to see "Past" "Future" "Notice" without having to click on the resident/unit to determine those things. Also, I think that when you're sending mass communication out via email, it does not automatically include people that are on notice, you have to manually click them, even though they're technically still current residents that should still receive whatever email you're trying to send. That's a small inconvenience, however, for what I use Yardi for, it works and it works good.

Erica

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2020-04-30

My experience with Yardi Breeze has been mostly positive. I do find that when there is an issue that someone doesn't understand it take a long time to get a response. I truly believe that if you utilize your users with experience to explore new patches before launching you could head off a lot of issues. The most recent patch has created some issues that we are still trying to get fixed.

Pros

Yardi Breeze has many different functions and makes running our properties and updating our tenants very easy. The platform is easy to use and also easy to access being completely cloud based.

Cons

There are several areas that could use improvements, just small improvements that would make a big diffrence.

Yardi Voyager and Buildium

Reasons for Choosing Yardi Breeze

Customer service and functionality.

Property Boulevard

Reasons for Switching to Yardi Breeze

Yardi Breeze was newer and more cost effective, I was also familiar with the Voyager platform.

Response from Yardi Systems

Hi Erica,

Thank you for your review! I'm glad Breeze has been easy for you to learn and use, but sorry that your experience hasn't been perfectly seamless. We do our best to patch 99% of issues prior to launch, but that's also why we keep a globally based IT staff on hand to help whenever necessary. Please reach out to us via live chat or call your client support team directly if you are still having issues. We want you fully operational as soon as possible.

Patrice

Reviewed on 2020-05-01

We love that our tenants are able to pay online, this is so helpful with ones who are behind.

Pros

The transition to Yardi Breeze was so smooth. We were able to start using right away.

Cons

There were some reports that we were used to using that are not in Breeze. Also, having to add all the CAM Charges was a little hassle.

Reasons for Choosing Yardi Breeze

We decided to switch because how easy the program was. Also, we love that it is cloud based and everything is real time. We love the fact that we can have as many users as we want. Our biggest reason to switch to Breeze was because our tenants would be able to use the tenant portal to pay online.

Response from Yardi Systems

Hi Patrice,

I'm glad to hear that Breeze is working out for you and your tenants. It sounds like you may have questions about a few features. If you'd like to discuss them, I can have a client service expert reach out to you. In the meantime, we hope you continue to enjoy Breeze!

Raini

• Customer Support Software

Like it but could improve!

Reviewed on 2023-10-05

Overall, I give Yardi Breeze a 5/10. Our demo was very misleading. There isn't any type of 1 on 1 training, which after two demos, we were still under the impression that there would be. We feel that there is important information not displayed on tenant profiles. It would have been nice to have some kind of timeline outlined and given to us about where we should be and when we should be there. Right now everything just feels stuck in limbo and we have no idea if we're ahead or behind.

Pros

It seems easy to navigate and I like the live Webinar's. (When they don't get cancelled.)

Cons

During our demo, the salesman kept referring to our "trainers" as trainers when in fact, they are not trainers and instead implementers. Our company was under the impression that we would have legit training for several hours a week and it would be 1 on 1 with an actual person. Our old software was 1/4 the price of Yardi and they provided 12 hours of training a week to get us situated in their software. We feel like we are navigating Yardi alone and are scared to make any changes when we don't have someone telling us they are right or wrong. Also, I've had Webinar's get cancelled and then not scheduled again for two weeks which makes me feel like I'm in a two week stand still and unable to move forward.

Brandon
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

Great product with a streamlined approach

Reviewed on 2022-01-25

The overall experience has been positive and they are a valued partner in accounting services.

Pros

A great addition to the Yardi lineup for Small to mid-sized real estate clients. Great implementation group and excellent customer service. Highly recommend this product to our clients.

Cons

Some features can go too far in-depth for some clients, but overall the best structure in an accounting program on the market.

Response from Yardi Systems

Hi Brandon, Thanks for your feedback! Keep us updated on your experience. There's still so much to come.

Stacey

Yardi Breeze for Property Management Company

Reviewed on 2023-10-12

The customer service team is great, if they don't know the answer right away they will let you and get back to you before the end of the day with an update.

Pros

I like how easy it is to track tenant payments and maintenance requests.

Cons

I like least about Breeze the fact that they are developed for property owners not property managers so I spend extra time off setting expenses that are set in Yardi Breeze to pay out the owner not the management company. This not only creates extra work but adds items on the owners monthly statements that they question.

Susan

• Customer Support Software

Not quite up to speed for commercial yet

Reviewed on 2023-06-28

Not good - going to get through this year and do reconciliations and then probably leaving for good. I have not, and will not, be switching over the many other commercial properties I manage (both as a brokerage and prop manager) because it has fallen quite short of my expectations. The system seems to be highly geared towards residential as are most of the staff when I call or get on chat as it takes at least 5 minutes (and usually much longer) in between what I ask about and them finding answers. Again, more of my time spent unnecessarily on Yardi crud than in leasing, selling and managing commercial properties.

Pros

Tracking rent payments, invoicing tenants, some of the reports

Cons

Integration in April was not easy at all. Spent hours and hours getting all the info entered to get up to speed. Never did get the previous management information in related to expenses so reconciling CAM was a nightmare (one of the biggest reasons I adopted this platform for 4 of my multi-tenant commercial properties) and after 100+++ hours spent, I finally went back and had to do it all by hand because the calculations were not correct. As compensation for my inconvenience, I was given like a month's credit for the thousands and thousands of dollars I lost in time spent on what should have been done by Yardi. I found out that on several tenants, Yardi just stopped posting recovery charges for 6 months leaving those tenants with HIGH unexpected amounts due. When I asked for a letter from Yardi to share with my tenants that Yardi had no idea why they didn't post, I was told they would not provide such a letter. Being a new management company to these properties, this did NOTHING to help my credibility with them. Many of the reports I need are not able to be run. I have submitted several suggestions on improvements, none of which have I seen happen in the 14+ months with Yardi.

Bob
Bob

Exhausting and Expensive

Reviewed on 2021-08-29

Nightmare that we can't wake up from.

Nightmare that we can't wake up from.

Pros

Reports are excellent and the bookkeeping/accounting side have minimal trouble.

Cons

Breeze is everything but a breeze. It has been hands down the most clumsy, clunky system for property management. Everything is a add-on or needs to be enabled. It has been an uphill battle for those that use the software to manage properties. We are nearly one year with this software and can't get tenants from cradle to grave (guest card to move-in) through the system. Want to screen a tenant need to enable that which requires Yardi staff (who took over a week to get it on). Constantly being told - "do the training modules" which end up being different or you hit some enable snag that only Yardi can fix. Want to electronically sign documents (which you would think it would be baked into a PM program) nope, you have to buy an add-on. Want to communicate with tenants? They have to opt-in to your request instead of opt-out like Buildium or AppFolio. Maintenance staff can't use it and no good app for it. Tenants are either perplexed by the system or it requires tech support to get them enabled.

Response from Yardi Systems

Hi Bob,
I'm sorry that this has been your experience. I've alerted our customer success team who will be looking into why the system isn't functioning as it should for you. If we are unable to find you due to the limited information available in your review, please email me and I will escalate accordingly. In the meantime, thank you for the feedback. I hope our team is able to rectify your concerns.
Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze [email protected]

Chantel

• Customer Support Software

I comp'd the rest, but Yardi was the best

Reviewed on 2023-10-18

The team at Yardi has been incredible and that was mostly why I chose this property management software. When I first began this journey of exploring my options, I was overwhelmed by the many companies out there. I literally contacted over 10 companies. The customer service and help teams at Yardi have been amazing with their time, follow up and assistance. My impression of Yardi Breeze and recommendations to others, comes strictly from my experience with them. Furthermore, my new bookkeeper, who has experience with several different platforms, wanted me to share the following : I am new to Yardi Breeze so am still learning but so far have found the software straightforward for the day-to-day Accounting transactions. When an issue has come up I found the Chat feature very helpful. The representatives are patient, knowledgeable and able to see the data in real time so can walk you through the processes. This has been very helpful as I maneuver through Breeze and find my way.Moreover, I was recently selected to speak at a focus group on various Property Management softwares. I will be sure to share my glowing review of Yardi Breeze with them, as well.

Pros

Yardi provides easy to follow tutorials, a few weeks of personal one-on-one assistance for setup help and continuous followup calls and touchpoints to ensure there are no issues.

Cons

Some information should be provided in a one pager FAQ, so as not to keep using Help or Chat for things that are typical trouble shooting issues during initial setup. Also, I have had an issue with a report for months and no one can seem to figure out why. I have attempted to contact 4 people at Yardi for this matter.

Deborah

Yardi Breeze By DLM

Reviewed on 2022-02-10

Overall breeze is very effective and efficient. It has been a great help getting all the information in the same place and in real time.

Pros

Yardi breeze is web-based and user friendly. This is the best thing to be able to access our information from anywhere.

Cons

Coming from Voyager, it seems some of the very usable features were lost. For example, the copy feature is not as user friendly as it is in voyager. It seem there are many limitations in Breeze,

Response from Yardi Systems

Thanks for your feedback Deborah! We're happy to hear you're getting everything you need.

Lorri

Accounting and user unfriendly

Reviewed on 2023-09-28

I'm sorry to say I'm not a fan due to illogical and user-unfriendly, albeit, mandatory features. For the most part chat is helpful, but many times, the problem needed to be taken off-line or required a "packet" to correct. Several (extremely important/critical to me) requests that were submitted via feedback and the fixes were deemed unimportant and unnecessary. Lastly, oftentimes, I'm given "fix" that tells me a different location to find the information (not helpful) that does not fix what I'm asking - an option to print g/l information (that appears on the screen) when I print a receipt (the g/l information is omitted).

Pros

Search features that include email field is wonderful.

Cons

Poor accounting and ease of use features (or the integrity of the account features). Inability to print g/l information on a receipt (as it appears on the screen), footprint of prepaid causes omission of (critical) charge date (Case 12477845) and processing RentCafe payments accounted for on the tenant screen, but not on the ledger (two different balance due amounts for the same tenant), inability to see any amount prepaid at any other place besides the cash receipt screen, date driven sensitivity is to high, required use of move-in button that does not allow an edit of all fields (rent and deposit amount).

kirk

• Customer Support Software

Yardi has helped our business grow

Reviewed on 2022-12-01

This is at least my second version of Yardi, and Breeze is very easy to work with. If one is not familiar with accounting software or management software, there will be a learning curve, but this powerful software, which allows the user to keep very detailed records for all aspects of management, or simply use the features you need. , which are also great for the amount of detail that can be added for all aspects of real estate management.

Pros

Ease of use for onboarding of new employees and accountants, while retaining the full accounting power of other Yardi software. Payment processing. Tenant portal with payment processing and maintenance correspondence.

Cons

I would be trying to think of a complaint...

Response from Yardi Systems

Thanks for being a long-time Yardi user! We are glad Breeze is working well for you and helping your business grow. Wishing you continued success in the new year!

Tiffany

• Customer Support Software

User friendly but missing some functionality

Reviewed on 2020-04-30

Pros

That it is user friendly and that there is customer service readily available on the screen.

Cons

That there is some functionality missing. There were several features with Yardi Genesis 2 that are no longer an option.

Yardi Genesis 2 was being phased out

RealPage

Reasons for Switching to Yardi Breeze

Yardi Breeze was more cost efficient

Response from Yardi Systems

Hi Tiffany,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Ease of use and speedy customer service were key goals when we set out to develop Breeze, so I'm happy that has been your experience. I understand that Genesis was a very popular platform, and we acknowledge that Breeze is a bit different. If you'd like, I can have a client service expert reach out to show you Breeze Premier, a software upgrade to Breeze that may include those features you're referring to.

Pamela
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Yardi Breeze is surprisingly easy

Reviewed on 2022-09-22

I went from Yardi Voyager to Yardi Breeze the transition was fairly simple. I enjoy Yardi Breeze much better because of the help button, the classes, the chat button, and even a zoom (when needed). It is great to have all of that support.

Pros

I like the CHAT button. It is great to be able to reach out to someone when you are stuck.

Cons

Being a new company, it would have been nice to get some training on the advanced things for me. I would like to know how to do the monthly reports and so on. I had some problems finding reports. (What they were called). For example, we need to know how to pull a rent roll, we need a report showing monthly move-in and Move outs, vacancies, etc. I found them but I either had to ask or found them when I was looking for something else.