ZoomInfo

Lead generation and buyer intent data for B2B organizations

4.4 /5 (106 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.3
4.6
Joram K.
Industry: Information Services

the best user intuitive and user friendly lead generation software

Reviewed on 2019-05-27

if you need a software that can give you access to raw data for lead generation,look no further

Pros

Zoom-info allows one to get information on leads including full names,job title, and there current direct phone numbers, mobile phone number, job titles and both work and personal email addresses, they have also greatly improved on the user experience with additional of LinkedIn links that allows for verification, also one gets access to the company revenue information and number of employees and the head quarters physical address,

Cons

so far so good, it is more user friendly and has a new arrangement for data information display

Ben O.

Zoominfo Review

Reviewed on 2020-04-20

Zoominfo has been an incredible resource. I have implemented at 3 different sales departments and will continue to require it as part of my sales tool set. I was surprised to find that in outing previous contact databases for Zoominfo, the company was paying about the same, if not more, for databases of half the size and little-to-no direct contact info.

There are some startups with a fraction of the database that may be a better price-fit for individual users, but I think you're doing it wrong, if you're using:

- Insideview or Dun&Bradstreet (not even comparable for direct contact info, for around the same price)
- Rainking (great tool for companies targeting IT Departments, has similar detail in contact info, but not as extensive of database)

Pros

The accuracy of the data. Zoominfo has more direct dials, including cell phone numbers and desk extensions, than any contact database on the market.

Zoominfo also provides emails for just about all of the contacts in it's database and does a good job of verifying/updating these contacts/emails regularly.

Cons

Zoominfo has very detailed data across all firmographics, but their employee count for small businesses (between 5-15 employees) is often inaccurate. For instance, in populating a list of companies with 10 or more employees, a lot of those 10-person companies may only have one or two... Not a big deal, in considering their accuracy for companies with over 20 employees and all the other pros.

It use to be a 'steal', but the pricing has continued to increase since Discoverorg purchased it. Still a very reasonable price for it's value, but it is becoming frustrating as the costs continue to increase significantly. They have a minimum, which amounts to ~$5,000/yr, which makes it inaccessible to individual users.

Mike A.
Industry: Computer Software

Great addition to our tech stack

Reviewed on 2020-12-10

Pros

After using ZoomInfo for 2+ years, it has greatly improved my workflow processes for prospecting new sales leads and finding detailed contact information. Prospect and company contact information is updated frequently which has saved me a lot of time while prospecting. We have ZoomInfo integrated into our CRM allowing a streamlined workflow. Another positive about ZoomInfo is the ability to view similar competitors of the companies I'm researching so that I can fill my pipeline more quickly.

Cons

Since using ZoomInfo, I have had zero complaints. Highly recommend!

Julian L.
Industry: Events Services

Easily the worst company I've ever done business with

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020-09-10

TL;DR — This company does not care one iota about customer service. They do not care about you or your business. They don't care about maintaining a good relationship in the pit of a pandemic. And even when times are fine, they don't care about giving you what they said they'd give you.

Here’s the experience
* I spent three months telling the sales rep exactly what I needed.
* Each time I explained it, she said something like, “Our plans just changed since last we spoke, but yes our current offer can meet your needs.” Confusing as all get-out every time she explained it.
* Finally decided to try it, because since they’ve bought out their competitors they’re the only one we could use.
* After two days we realized something was very wrong.
* They basically said, “Oh you need another plan for that.” Note: we did exactly what we said we’d do.
* Kicked it up to sales person’s manager: After 5 mins of listening, “Shoot, we’ve got you on the wrong plan.” Did they change our plan and admit their mistake? Nope... 363 days with the wrong plan and nothing we could do about it but give them more money and hope it would be different.
* We improvised with what we had as best we could, lost a lot of time, didn’t yield what we needed.
* Nine months later I get a surprising call from their collections agency telling me I have to pay a bill. These guys never called me, never sent an “in this together” email. In April, the pit of the pandemic, they just shot me over to collections. Wow.

Pros

The data quality is good and has improved over the past few years. This has been accomplished through numerous acquisitions of competitors, and either they were always a terrible company or the disarray from M&A has cast them into such chaos that all they can do is sell whatever they can get people to agree to buying, and operate a platform.

Whatever benefit they provide is so overwhelmingly overshadowed by their apathy and lethargy as a firm that I'm repeatedly reminded of interactions with corrupt functionary bureaucrats in failed states every time I deal with them. This may sound like hyperbole, but I assure you that it is not. I specialize in emerging markets and the only time I've ever seen behavior like I have at this company is in the most forgotten and ungoverned parts of the world — the places where if you don't like what they're serving, or if they didn't do what they promised, you can just go shove it or pay them more and hope that you finally get what you need... eventually.

Cons

We were sold the wrong benefits despite roughly three months of discussing our needs with the sales rep, and the company did absolutely nothing to amend this despite the sales manager's first impression on reviewing the problem being, "Oh shoot, we've got you on the completely wrong plan." So I'm not sure because it only sometimes met our needs and the company never revised our plan and blithely ignored our requests for them to do so.

Response from ZoomInfo

Hi Julian,

I am very sorry to hear about the negative experience you had with us. This is absolutely in no way how we conduct ourselves with our customers. As always, we appreciate your feedback and are continuously looking to improve. If you could please email me at [email protected] I would love to chat more with you in hopes I can help resolve any issues you are currently having and figure out a way with you to avoid any miscommunication in the future.

Colbie Blaisdell, ZoomInfo Customer Marketing

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Sam A.
Industry: Computer Software

Easy to use but not always accurate

Reviewed on 2020-10-13

I've always used ZoomInfo to verify company headcount of companies and its been amazing

Pros

ZoomInfo is generally good for providing an all round set of key information a Sales person will need to prospect leads, however for Europe it doesn't seem to always score right with regards to the us of technology. It's definitely a lot stronger in the US.

Cons

The fact that info isn't as accurate in Europe as it is in the US. My colleagues in the US tend to use it more

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great data, easy to use and train teams to use, valuable tool for sales/marketing

Reviewed on 2019-05-09

I have been a user for over 6 years and I love the tool. Their customer support is always responsive - although I have rarely ever needed them because the software is very intuitive and always is working just as expected. In my experience, the sales teams work with your budget on renewals - always are flexible and make adjustments to their packaging/pricing to fit your needs.

Pros

The quality of data is top notch. I have used many different sources of marketing data - even worked for 2 of the big players - and the data at ZoomInfo is among the top in quality for B2B. Their software is extremely easy to use, even with the recent update a couple years ago. I have trained many BDRs and SDRs on how to use the tool for prospecting. I have implemented this solution at new companies I have joined and it is always received as a high-value software that continuously is renewed year over year.

Cons

There's not many cons about this software. This is being really nit-picky but... I have used the tool as a marketer to build/target and export lists. Although ZoomInfo integrates with some CRM tools, I found I still needed to export the data into excel, add any custom fields (such as Lead Owner, Lead Status, etc), then upload it into the CRM. So it is a bit time consuming. If ZoomInfo can find a way to allow you to add custom fields to the data before instantly integrating into CRMs, that would save a lot of time.

Eric R.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

ZoomInfo takes the load off of Ops

Reviewed on 2019-11-08

Zoominfo is an older looking UI but their database is robust and it gets the job done.

Pros

Zoominfo is beneficial to me because I can assign credits to reps who want leads and then forget about it. They are empowered to set their own criteria and go hunt and sell on their own.

Cons

The integration with SFDC is sub-par. Ideally we could use more sophisticated configuration options so that these could come over to our CRM the way that we want to see them and that doesn't conflict with other conventions we have in place.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Great Catalog/Communication Product

Reviewed on 2020-01-10

This product has dramatically transformed our companies "attacking" process of sales. Would recommend to anyone needing lead generations.

Pros

ZoomInfo is a life saver for those sales/cold-calling individuals that have a hard time reaching their targets. It implements numbers/emails so you can have your targets direct line, and is very useful in following up and striking conversations between managers, employees, or potential targets in a company.

Cons

Sometimes it can have ambiguous or outdated information and it makes it difficult to track down exactly the person you're looking for.

Industry: Computer Software

Best data available, but expensive

Reviewed on 2020-07-29

It's absolutely the best data available, but it's expensive and the customer support is terrible.

Pros

It has the best data available on the market. They continue to release features that are valuable and provide a positive ROI

Cons

The user interface isn't the easiest to use. It can be difficult to find certain features and functionalities on the platform. New releases are not clearly communicated. Customer support was impossible to get a hold of. We were trying to renew our contract and could not get a hold of anybody.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Zoominfo Review

Reviewed on 2020-07-16

My overall experience has been pretty good and it helps me to get my job done.

Pros

Zoominfo is great for getting data in my day to day prospecting. For the most part it is accurate in giving contact and other company data that is necessary for my job.

Cons

The part that I like least is that I can't rely on Zoominfo for my data. It does a decent job, but it isn't always accurate.

Scott S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

ZoomInfo is a great tool, depending on your needs and budget

Reviewed on 2019-12-12

It was great before DiscoverOrg bought them and is surely improving by the day with DiscoverOrg.

Pros

Contains probably 80%+ records that have email address and/or direct dials. It is way more accurate than the data offered by other providers. Their accuracy is in line for what it should be, especially in today`s economy with unemployment being so low, and employee churn being so high. Despite these factors, I`d say their overall data accuracy is easily north of 70 - 75%, even with the above-mentioned data decay (which exists no matter what vendor you consider).

One other tool that helps to narrow down the list of contacts in a larger organization, is to search with filter to find only recently verified contacts.

Cons

It`s a little pricey, but there`s a lot of value too. The only other criticism is that unless you pay for a large number of "points" (contact that you can download in bulk) you are relegated to copy and paste at the individual level. It`s a bit cumbersome (by design), but I have used it as-is for years, without the additional credits.

Most Accurate Prospecting Tool

Reviewed on 2019-09-10

ZoomInfo has eliminated most of our other tools, it is where I go to verify existing information I may have on accounts and it has streamlined my prospecting process.

Pros

I have used many tools similar to ZoomInfo, but none are as accurate and detailed as ZoomInfo. I'm in a sales role, and spend many hours prospecting into companies to find accounts, titles, use cases, etc. that our product can help solve their use cases. ZoomInfo lets me filter very specific parameters for my searches and has lead to the most accurate information, which gives me great lead conversion.

Cons

I haven't had any issues with ZoomInfo, if you don't have the budget for buying more of their 'tokens' then it can be hard to pull mass amounts of contacts for events or general prospecting. But, it is worth every penny for our sales team.

Saurabh T.

Excellent tool for Data Enrichment and growth

Reviewed on 2020-07-17

We have managed to increase our contact database by 30% since we started using ZoomInfo. We have also managed to discover new companies in our target market to prospect to and have managed to enrich our existing data with some critical data points like Industry, Segment, Job role etc.

Pros

The amount of data points available for each Company and contact in large allowing us to segment and enrich data in different ways. Zoominfo also has a huge database of companies and contacts which aids in contact discovery and growth in the contact database. The google chrome extension is also very helpful to quickly search for a prospect on the go and the UI is very user friendly.

Cons

Their Salesforce integration seems very clunky. You cannot sync data to Salesforce unless you use up your allocated credits which is a problem. Data enrichment should occur in the background and not take up credits in my opinion.

Rick G.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Zoominfo is the best product for list acquisition

Reviewed on 2019-03-28

If you are trying to choose between the top options in list acquisition services don't hesitate to choose this one as the universe is far larger and more up to date than anything else out there.

Pros

Zoominfo is simple to use and has the most up-to-date contact info of any similar service I've used. It's rare I ever find a company not listed so I can always at least find a main number for the company and typically any company is well built out with all or most senior executives and usually most Director level and Manager levels as well.

Cons

I feel like they could do better with the way they link to linkedin profiles as very often there seems to be a total mis-match but this is really a minor issue given all the value-add this service provides.

Christian H.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

ZoomInfo Has Been Fantastic!

Reviewed on 2019-12-19

ZoomInfo has provided us with the information needed to get in contact with the necessary folks to generate revenue. I would highly recommend ZoomInfo to any company.

Pros

The ease of using ZoomInfo has been a game changer. It is very efficient to use especially once you download the plug-in on Google Chrome. It takes little to no time to find the information I am looking for.

Cons

The biggest con is the amount of times that numbers either aren't on there or are wrong numbers. I have dialed and got siblings, spouses, and other family members along with completely wrong people. It makes for an awkward phone call.

Charlie B.

Great Prospecting Tool

Reviewed on 2019-06-10

I uses this solution to qualify potential customers based on their company information, and then export them to my CRM where I can manage the lead throughout the sales cycle. It provides accurate and up to date contact info making sales that much easier!

Pros

I love how easy Zoominfo is to use, and how accurate the information provided is. As a salesperson who spends most of his days hunting, this tool makes my life so much easier!

Cons

I don't like how there is a limit to how many leads you can export to your CRM (1000 to Salesforce for the year), but with some smart tactics you can stretch that number.

Industry: Insurance
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

An absolute must have for your sales team

Reviewed on 2019-11-27

Love it! We have been doing demonstrably better since we started using it. If you have a sales team that needs up to date information on leads, you should absolutely check this out.

Pros

The thing I like best about this is the accuracy of the data. When we started using it, that was our biggest concern and I am happy to say Zoominfo has done an admirable job at maintaining excellent accuracy. We tested a few different alternatives and this one was easily the best. I also like that they diligently update the information over time to ensure that you have the most up to date contact information available. We use Sales navigator with it and it works brilliantly together.

Cons

Some verticals tend to be more accurate than the others. Its not a big deal considering how well it does most of the time but I think it might be an issue if you only work within certain industry verticals.

Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Best tool to get information about prospects...love it

Reviewed on 2019-05-24

my overall experience with zoominfo has been very good and it has really helped me to boost up my sales cycle.
I use it daily to gather lists about my contacts and gather info about them and then work on them accordingly.
I just love this product and it has made my work relatively easy

Pros

the thing i like most about zoominfo is the ease with which i can use this tool.
I use this tool to connect to my possible prospects and get valuable information about them and there company.
It is very very to use and also helps us to make lead lists and contact them accordingly

Cons

the data extraction from zoominfo can be made more easy.
Sometimes the data is outdated but is correct in most of the cases

Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good tool if you know how to use it

Reviewed on 2019-04-18

It’s definitely helped us reach passive candidates and research potential clients. It’s a good tool in the toolbox.

Pros

I like that you can get most business contact information for people you research and I really like the addin on Chrome where you can pull up info on a person via their LinkedIn page or other online profile.

Cons

I don’t like that it cannot determine if someone’s title of their degree or certification is not part of their name thus making the lookup more manual. I also don’t like that the features are not as intuitive such as how credits get used and the rules in which you can add companies to your list to avoid being double charged credits. They really need better help topics and maybe provide hints that you can hover over to get suggestions or what something will do. Also sharing best practices to their user community would be great.

Md masoom✔ R.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

I Just love this tool. Awesome tool.

Reviewed on 2019-04-25

I am using ZoomInfo for more than four years and happy with its performance. ZoomInfo's data are very accurate and helps me in prospecting. I recommend it to everyone. This tool is part of my daily work, my work is incomplete without it.

Pros

I like ZoomInfo's huge amount of database and information. I like the way it provides a direct phone number and email address. I like its chrome extension which is called Reachout most.

Cons

This tool is a little bit expensive compared to other tools but I think it worth its price.

Adam D.

Great Sales Tool!

Reviewed on 2019-12-17

I would highly recommend Zoom for any organization that needs to prospect new potential clients. It is effective and has great plug-ins and interfaces with Chrome.

Pros

Zoom is a great tool for prospecting. It helps bridge the gap from leads to new clients. I leverage it daily as I look to acquire new customers.

Cons

Like all sales tools, sometimes Zoom's contact information is not correct. However, I would say that it has a hit-rate of about 80-85% which is very effective in a cold-calling environment.

Solid Tool For Obtaining Contact Information & Building Organizational Charts

Reviewed on 2019-10-19

ZoomInfo is a great tool which helps provide you with a plethora of information on any given person so you can get into contact with them.

Pros

I like how easy it is so type in a person's name and find their contact details for the purposes of building out sales prospecting lists. ZoomInfo also integrates seamlessly with our CRM so we can export the information into our database.

Cons

The biggest Achilles heel of ZoomInfo is the accuracy & reliability of the contact information. If you searched 100 people through their platform, at least 20 of those 100 will end up having inaccurate or not up-to-date contact information which can be frustrating.

Diane S.

Easy To Use, Great Features, Wonderful Way To Find What I Need

Reviewed on 2019-02-05

Overall, ZoomInfo is the place to go for the best source of information. I have used many, many other marketing type tools before over the years and none compare in terms of ease of use and information provided. I would highly recommend this platform to anyone and all businesses!

Pros

I like EVERYTHING about ZoomInfo! It's sleek and easy to use and understand and navigate. The information it supplies is tremendously helpful and nine times out of ten I find what I'm looking for.

Cons

I don't really have much negative to say about this software. ZoomInfo is just such a wonderful tool and helps me and my job exquisitely. I would say the cost is really the only draw-back.

Yama D.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Expensive but worth the cost

Reviewed on 2020-02-14

It is really easy to use. It give your a database of contacts you will not be able to find as easily. Eliminates manual searching, manual entry, and searching for contacts seamless. Seriously if you need to grow then you need to invest in a tool like Zoominfo to grow your database of prospects. I have had a lot of success from zoominfo. Highly recommend.

Pros

The update information and the collaboration of Discover.Org has provided a lot more contacts to their resources. This make finding and exporting new contacts to your CRM a breeze.

Cons

It is expensive. That being said if you close 1 deal in a year from finding a new contact from Zoominfo it pays for itself. It is an investment.

Peter D.
Industry: Chemicals
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

ZoomInfo is the prospecting tool every Org needs

Reviewed on 2019-09-13

Zoom helps our sales and marketing teams advance our digital marketing campaign offerings and overtime will be helping our sales teams identify, vet and scale.

Pros

ZoomInfo has been my go-to tool for advanced audience acquisition for digital marketing and email specific campaigns. The database continues to grow and its UX is top notch. I use the system daily!

Cons

Sometime I have issues matching bulk lists that my format isn't perfect and therefore lacks matching. Additionally, I have constant issues in exporting lists and refreshing lists that end up larger than I originally save as a search for me to revisit later and or to export.