ALLDATA

OEM automative repair and diagnostic software

3.7/5
4.1/5
4/5
Customer Support Software
3.8/5

Angel

• Customer Support Software

All in one program for Professional Automotive technicians!

Reviewed on 7/5/2018

A total access on electronics systems and repair procedure, what made me more precise in my work.

Pros

You can consult everything about DTCs, TSBs, General and specific characteristics about all automotive systems of almost all brands,
Ideal for diagnostic tasks, repair, and maintenance, as well as technician references and shop procedures,
Easy to use and browse because of its nice look and feel,
It allows you to check the estimated periods of works,
Available in multiple languages,
Interactives schemas and It has support for mobile devices what makes easier the job for technicians,

Cons

The last versions just have online access,
The license can seem too expensive,
Some vehicles don't have total support.

Frank

• Customer Support Software

Long Time All Data Users recommends product.

Reviewed on 5/1/2022

I have used AllData for almost twenty years. I will not use a different product and this is my go to product for labor times, part names and numbers, and for repair procedure. This is a good value product and I would not have a shop and not use All Data.

Pros

All Data for me is much easier to use then competing products. I much prefer AllData to the competing product starting with a M. When you can't find what you are looking for you can call up All Data support and they will find and fax to you the information you are looking for. All Data is reasonably priced and the support is excellent.

Cons

I am so use to All Data that I don't have any major complaints. Occassionally I can' find the repair information or labor times I am looking for but this is true of every other product as well. I find they have excellent support when that happens.

Jason
  • Industry: Automotive

I’ve always used alldata and am familiar with it

Reviewed on 12/6/2022

Good. It’s always provided all my needs

Pros

I’ve been trained on it, I like shop key but refuse to buy anything snap on is involved with.

Cons

The wiring diagrams could be much better

John

alldata flaws

Reviewed on 4/29/2020

fair. tech support is very good .but i can't keep calling tech support for simple problems ( too much time wasted)

Pros

the parts locating system.especially when i'm looking for a hard to find part that i was'nt able to find on other sysyems

Cons

i find their estimating portion is terrible. they tried to sell me an upgrade estimating program ( more money) & i found it to be useless& cancelled the free trial after 2 days use. also most repair programs offer licence plate to vin & car make & model. funny part is they are owned by autozone which utilizes this function.& when i questioned them prior to purchasing this product they said it will be available shortly.seven months later still no upgrade

Jay

Works Well For Our Shop

Reviewed on 11/7/2022

It really helps when you are in a bind and need to figure something out.

Pros

I like the estimates it gives so we can give a customer a quick estimate.

Cons

Sometimes there just isn't enough information

Sharon
  • Used for 2+ years

Worth checking out

Reviewed on 1/18/2020

Although the prices kept going up the software had a lot to offer. Estimating and invoicing all in one.

Pros

This is software for Auto Repair shops. I love the fact you can look up step by step instructions on how to do a repair.

Cons

I didn't like the price of the software.

Gurdev

• Customer Support Software

Dishonest sales people and poor customer service

Reviewed on 1/19/2022

This is the worst experience i have had with online service. These people make you sign up and try their product by saying check it for 3 months if you do not like you cancel it. Once you call back they do not return calls. When you ask for cancelation they tell you they have contract with you. This company is worst company than mobile providers. Please take my word do not use this product. Mitchell is way better and easy to use. This the worst customer service i have ever seen in years. This company is fraud and be aware of sales people.

Pros

There is not much to like with this software

Cons

Wiring diagrams for lot of vehicle not easy to use

Stephanie

Easy to use for all

Reviewed on 8/23/2022

We are now using the ALLDATA system to scan vehicles as well as labour times and repair advice.

Pros

the ALLDATA software is easy to use, for our service advisor, the techs and our apprentice. It gives us all the information that we need on any vehicle, any year and ALLDATA keeps the information up to date. It gives us all the newest information as well as tech tips for repair . It has an extensive library of information on repairs, TSB, and practical information . One feature that is very useful in the technical reference section is an interchange with USA made vs Canadian made vehicles. ALLDATA has an integration feature that is extremely useful and time saving. I have it integrated in my Lankar Shop Management system . With this feature all of the information of the vehicle that I am working on is instantly seeded into the ALLDATA program . ALLDATA will them integrate the labour time and part pricing back into my work order.

Cons

integration was easy and my ALLDATA representative came into my shop to set things up and explain all of the features

Bryan

Complete Repair Information

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

It did the job when we had it, but regret not getting Mitchell1 to save money and ease of use.

Pros

Alldata has almost all the information needed.

Cons

The organization of the information is not very intuitive and can lead you down a deep rabbit hole that you find your way back to.

Elias

• Customer Support Software

Gets the job done with little features.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017

It's a generic software that works but had lots of limitations.

Pros

Easy to use and train employees to use. Pc based using an sql server. Doesn't have long delays when starting up. Like the recommended services capability.

Cons

Lack of support for management program. No updating in last 5 years. System crashes daily and requires stopping app and then restarting. This is ridiculous and happens way too much.

Gary

AUto Repair Information

Reviewed on 9/19/2018

The new Alldata Repair is a HUGE improvement over the original & S3000. Yes it has color wiring diagrams. Everyone has THAT now. But with Alldata when you "click" on a wire in a circuit, it not only highlights that wire throught the whole circuit, it opens up ALL the other pages that wire is on. So you can print the WHOLE circuit without searching thru multiple windows. The user interface is different than S3000 and classic AllData Pro, but still has that same familiar feel. However the global search FINALLY works! In short I am really loving the newest version

Pros

The new Alldata Repair is a HUGE improvement over the original & S3000. Yes it has color wiring diagrams. Everyone has THAT now. But with Alldata when you "click" on a wire in a circuit, it not only highlights that wire throught the whole circuit, it opens up ALL the other pages that wire is on. So you can print the WHOLE circuit without searching thru multiple windows. The user interface is different than S3000 and classic AllData Pro, but still has that same familiar feel. However the global search FINALLY works! In shorrt I am really loving the newest version.

Cons

There was a short learning curve. Once I figured out to use the text box to let autofill take me where I wanted,.....

Shayne

• Customer Support Software

Great automotive software but slow updating information

Reviewed on 1/15/2020

Alldata allows us access to valuable automobile information and service maintenance records.

Pros

I've used Alldata for the last 15 years. The software is easy to learn and use and provides valuable information necessary to our business.

Cons

We've had problems with system updates and accessing the latest vehicle information.

Mitchell RepairCenter

Reasons for Switching to ALLDATA

Alldata was easier to learn and use.
Esveydi

ALLDATA Repair vs. ALLDATA Manage

Reviewed on 2/17/2022

Pros

Alldata repair is a very important tool we use here at our shop. We almost always base ourselves off of the time indicated and use it to review the procedures. We also base our maintenance recommendations on the service tables in Alldata Repair. Our technicians also use this system a lot. Overall the Alldata Repair system is very functional and we will continue to use it.

Cons

We no longer use Alldata Manage at our shop. Although it was not a bad system, we felt at times it was too slow with little room for improvement. Often times the whole site would be down and we were unable to create estimates or process invoices, tasks that are necessary here.

Tim

• Customer Support Software

Repair guide for just about anything

Reviewed on 7/25/2018

Pros

I am not a mechanic. I am an IT manager for an auto dealership, and even I can figure out how to navigate my way into the repair manual for my Ford Focus. The diagrams are easy to read, part numbers are labeled, and electronic wiring diagrams are well laid out. The website is quick and responsive so that you don't sit and wait for something to load. It's a very worthwhile investment.

Cons

I have had a couple mechanics wish for the diagrams to have the ability to 3D rotate them so that they can see how things are laid out from a different angle. I have also not been able to find the repair manual for a DeLorean. I was hoping to locate the instructions for the Flux Capacitor.

Joe

• Customer Support Software

one of the best tools if you own a repair facility

Reviewed on 2/7/2018

Being able to quickly access a hug database of everything i need to know to do repairs on any make and model without having to waste time looking through a book or using trial and error

Pros

I love the deitailed step by step instruction it gives you to do anything from replacing brake calipers to full engine rebuilds. it gives you torque specs, fluid and capacity specs as well as speciality tools and procedures

Cons

some of the exploded diagram pictures are blurry or hard to understand. not all information is avaliable on every part of a vehicle. it doesnt have newest car information

Nick

• Customer Support Software

Alldata is a must have for auto shops

Reviewed on 9/18/2019

We have used Alldata in our shop since it came out many years ago. We are happy with it overall. I don't think there is another information database that compares.

Pros

Alldata keeps the user interface intuitive and easy to use. The data is quality, the depth of coverage is thorough and I can't imagine not having it at our shop.

Cons

On rare occasions information that we need isn't there. There is a time lag to get info when we need it. There is no totally complete information database but I think Alldata is close.

Aydan

Alldata

Reviewed on 12/3/2019

Overall Alldata is a straight forward and consistent labor guide that is easy for anyone to use.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use Alldata has compared to other repair programs. I also enjoy that Alldata gives you OEM part numbers on the same page as it shows you labor times for that part.

Cons

Some things on Alldata are sometimes scattered. There will be multiple links for the same repair and sometimes only one link will show the actual labor time.

A Mechanics Best Friend

Reviewed on 3/28/2019

Definitely helps make the job easier, especially when your a new tech and don't have experience on a lot of different car makes and models.

Pros

I love the knowledge base it has for so many vehicles. I can't even begin to recount how many times I've had to refer to this when working on a car I never have before looking for torque specs or using wiring diagrams for tracing finding shorts and broken wiring.

Cons

The UI could use a little work but nothing major, was very quick to learn it but I feel it could still be easier because sometimes I have trouble finding a specific part location or R&R procedure.

Drew

Alldata is a must have

Reviewed on 12/5/2019

It is truly a must have for any automotive shop, it has great customer service and most techs destetadera how to use it

Pros

I really like Alldata for the immediate information it offers on just about every vehicle repair and parts. It is very informative.

Cons

There are time when looking up a vehicle for a labor rate and time, it does not offer an easy find and often you have to be more than a service writer to interprete the information

Great Software

Reviewed on 11/27/2019

Pros

I like how diagnostics are at my fingertips. I can look up certain items on a vehicle or I can look up a code and either way I am able to gain all the information needed. It is easy to use. If I ever have difficulty or questions I call and they are so professional and help me right away.

Cons

I can't honestly say that I dislike anything about the program.

Angela

Great tool for our shop

Reviewed on 10/3/2017

Pros

What I like most about Alldata is the fact that our technicians can log on and get vital information pertaining to a vehicle they are working on. Endless information is at our fingertips! Helps to streamline our workflow and as you know, time is money!

Cons

I don't like that there are restrictions about logging into Alldata. Sometimes, we need to access it in multiple places at once.

Pablo

• Customer Support Software

Great software for automotive shops

Reviewed on 12/8/2017

Diagnosing and repairing vehicles

Pros

Easy to use for diagnosing problems with vehicles. The software offers step by step picture diagrams when fixing a vehicle.
The pricing for the hourly rates for labor is useful when giving quotes to customers.

Cons

The software is a little pricey to use, especially if you're a small shop owner. The software is not 100% accurate, but for the most part it works.

Elena

Lots of Material to Use

Reviewed on 3/13/2018

Pros

For a vehicle store needing all the information about repairing a part in a car, this system really helps find the time it takes and a breakdown of the job. Great organization for the most part. Lots of parts available and systems to view in detail.

Cons

It could have more detail in some of the parts pages and easier ways to find parts that could be called different names.

Matt

Great Tool For Used Car Recon

Reviewed on 8/29/2022

My overall experience with ALLDATA has been phenomenal. Greatly useful tool to have.

Pros

It makes it much easier to quote repair estimates. Allows you to luck up labor times, and most OEM parts pricing by vin.

Cons

Slower to update new vehicle information. (ie 2022 models, new models)

Sarah

• Customer Support Software

Very black and white system

Reviewed on 3/20/2019

It’s been very easy and good we are happy with the purchase just wish pricing was a bit better

Pros

It’s very black and white and straight forward not hard to navigate. The diagrams are a huge plus for our mechanics

Cons

I wish they’d offer more for the price you pay