YourMembership

Write a Review!
Transform the member experience.

4.0/5
3.7/5
3.7/5
Customer Support Software
4.0/5

Autumn

New to HTML

Reviewed on 2019-10-24

Overall, we have been happy with the design team. There is room for improvement with our implementation specialist.

Pros

I am excited to house all of our programs in one place. This will help to manage results and time much more effectively.

Cons

I am not a pro at using HTML, so this would be my least favorite part. I am working on enhancing my skills in this area.

Lorna

YourMembership Does What It Says It Will

Reviewed on 2023-06-13

Overall, our experience with YourMembership has been great! The implementation team and support team have been great. The product is excellent.

Pros

The website and association management are the most useful elements. Even non-technical people can create a useful, attractive page for their website. The team that worked with us as we created our website was great - very helpful. The association management element has changed my business life! So easy to use to keep track of our members and what they are doing. The implementation team was great - lots of helpful videos and instruction sheets as we moved through the process.

Cons

When we first began with YourMembership the customer service was excellent. It seems to have slipped in the last year or so. Probably because it has grown so quickly - but, it is really helpful to have a voice at the other end of the phone when you have a problem. One other issue is that YourMembership is so big that our needs as a small trade association will likely never be considered for implementation.

MemberClicks

Reasons for Choosing YourMembership

the former product did not have many of the features we needed

Reasons for Switching to YourMembership

The features
Ford

• Customer Support Software

Do your homework...YM is not a turnkey solution for all organizations, lousy customer service.

Reviewed on 2017-08-29

Pros

Software has some interesting features, but not all were useful to our organization. Best pro: it's very easy to maintain a decent looking public facing website. Email marketing tools are excellent.

Cons

After the initial six-week set up, we were pretty much left to the wolves. We hired one of their recommended consultants to help us prepare our database for implementation to the system, but our dues schedule was too complex to be completely integrated, so we were forced to maintain two databases (one for membership services and communications, and the other for financials -- not an ideal setup, to say the least, but we were too far in to quit). Due to the difficulty for obtaining quick support solutions, our staff never fully bought in. Dealing with YM's customer support was always was hit or miss -- it really depends on your issue and which YM support member you reach. This isn't easy to control. To obtain support, you must create a ticket, which is prioritized by the company's support team , who then answers in order and/or importance. Answers to questions can take 48 hours, which is frustrating. The upshot for our organization is that we ditched YM after 3 years. On top of all that, the cancellation process was a bit murky as well, and we were even charged several months after we moved on to another AMS. Some of the blame for that was on us, but YM certainly didn't help clear the waters with the cancellation process. Overall, I can not recommend this software provider.

Sharon

PNW Review of Your membership

Reviewed on 2023-06-06

I enjoy the YM membership database as it gives me all the information on our current members and lapsed members. It is a great tool to assist those members that have not yet logged into their account and try to help them to use the Chapter membership database and take advantage of the Yourmembership benefits offered.

Pros

The integration was easy to use and learn. I like the email campaigns that go to all the members. This is easy to use and a great time saver on sending updates. The reports are a great tool to use for pulling special member reports. The ease of entering new members is a plus. We import new members form our outside Headquarters and this is a great tool.

Cons

I don't like the option to invoice members for renewals because if they do not pay the renewal - we need to credit the invoice and both transactions are sent to our quick books. When in quick books we can see both the pledge the month it was submitted to the member - but several weeks or even a month later if they do not renew we have to issue a credit. This then shows up in quick books and difficult to determine what it is. Therefore because of this I no longer send membership renewal invoice out as it is an accounting nightmare. I wish there were a easier way to send membership renewals without being sent to quick books.

Carleen

• Customer Support Software

YourMembership is worth it!

Reviewed on 2021-07-07

Using YourMembership has helped our organization in so many ways. As we increased our levels of expertise and professionalism, YourMembership was able to keep up with us and show us new ways to display our organization in the best light. We were able to centralize nearly all facets of our organization.

Thanks to the help of the design and implementation teams, our members could locate the information they needed on our website more easily.

The customer support teams are the best I've ever worked with. I've yet to find a support representative that hasn't been able to assist me with a problem.

Pros

The training program for administrators is very, very good. It's arranged so that it makes perfect sense and allows administrators to build on what they learned in the previous lessons. That's pretty much how I learned everything - I just went through the training program as it was set up. It really helped me during the implementation and product release.

Cons

Without a doubt, the most lacking feature of the software is the survey feature. Surveys are not helpful if you have something a bit more on the complex side of things. So, yes, surveys need to be improved! We have to pay additional to use Survey Monkey OR create a form (which still doesn't allow for more complex surveys, nor does it provide data easily).

Response from Community Brands

Carleen, thank you so much for the review! We are so happy to hear that you're having such a positive experience with YourMembership! Our design, implementation, and customer support teams are here to empower you to focus on what is important to you. We are so glad that we have been able to help you strengthen your website for your members.

Teresa
  • Industry: Legal Services

YourMembership

Reviewed on 2022-07-07

Working with YourMembership has been very informative. The amount of features that are already implemented are vastly. However, with so many features it can be difficult to learn these all on your own. I greatly appreciate the "chat with support" button that YourMembership has to have an quick and easy questions answered without wasting three hours looking for a button/feature that is right in front of me.

Pros

The product is fairly simple to use. There are a few quirky features that can make it difficult at times, but overall the product is very user friendly. One of the best features that I would like implemented into YM, would be to add to the search feature in the top right of the "admin" side of the website. Currently you are limited to searching the five specific fields that are preset. It would be tremendously helpful if you were able to search for a line of text and have it bring up all custom pages that feature that text. Additionally, while the website has a plethora of features, many of them can be "hidden" in places that you would not go to check right away. Making it a little bit of a guessing game as to where to find things. Having a search feature for these types of things would help tremendously.

Cons

An improved search feature on the admin end of the website. As previously stated in the question above. It would be a great improvement for what we do at our office. Additionally, if you were able to update email lists to include emails that you want to add to it after the list has been created it would be helpful.

Torey

Complicated

Reviewed on 2021-04-15

We're certain there is more we can get out of our use of YM, but we've had a lot of turnover and the implementation left something to be desired. The hardest part is getting ahold of an actual person to sort out unusual pieces in the system. Luckily we finally have enough staff to have someone focus on it, but if you are a very small organization (5 or less), this may not be the best fit.

Pros

It does have a great back end look and the ability to customize almost everything is nice.
As a database, it works great.

Cons

Sending emails to members is a design nightmare, so much so that we utilize Constant Contact for all of our email sending.
There are a lot of features, but they are usually hard to use or not intuitive.
You're stuck with their preferred provider for any payment processing.

Maria

Outstanding customer service!

Reviewed on 2020-04-07

I can't rave enough about your customer service reps. Today I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about an issue that was deeply frustrating and limited my ability to create useful Group pages for our members (the problem was the way our site had been set up, so the fault was totally ours). He cut through my confusing explanation, understood what I was trying to do, and walked me through a solution quickly and with laughter. I've talked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the past, and she was also exceptional. I don't remember the names of the other people I've spoken to, but every one of of them has been outstanding and deserves accolades. They are a real credit to your business.

Pros

We're still working out the kinks but we hope that the Group function will dramatically increase our members' ability to feel connected and learn from each other.

Cons

It would be great if there was a basic "you're an admin, here's what you can do in Groups" video publicly available to train group admins.

• Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

Very outdated in user experience and features offered

Reviewed on 2023-06-19

Bad. Using it for the last 3 years but wanting to find a better solution for our members managment.

Pros

Probably the export / import functions and website integration that we use most. The rest is less impactful to our business.

Cons

It is simply too outdated for us to use effectively. Interface is too simple and not attractive, files uploading too cumbersome and website management too. The members corner is too old for any of our members to even consider logging in anymore. It does not integrate with tools we use most.

Logan

Can Do Alot

Reviewed on 2023-08-20

Support has been great and helpful for the most part. We did find an issue with an item that greatly impacted one of our clients and were disappointed in how it was handled.

Pros

It's ability to dive into data and do complex membership dues structures and events

Cons

It's not super user friendly or easy to set up

MemberClicks and StarChapter

Reasons for Switching to YourMembership

It fit the clients needs best.
Joe

• Customer Support Software

A VERY basic AMS and struggling to keep up.

Reviewed on 2021-07-29

Last year, they were down because they didn't understand SQL and had issues. The WHOLE system was down off and on for over a month. It paralyzed us. Our only consolation, it happened to everyone, not just us. Management is removed from the everyday member and it shows. Overall, the system has done the barebasics OK, but if you venture out into other areas like email marketing, events, community engagement, the system doesn't do anything beyond the basics well.

Pros

It is generally simple to edit a webpage. Finding a member is generally also simple. The integration with the website is OK BUT you are on your own for design.

Cons

1. slow support
2. staff that don't follow up or inform you of support status for DAYS when you have an outage
3. The API is quirky and constantly giving us issues that our third party always finds is YM's issue. We were recently down for 3 days because they couldn't white list an API return URL properly.
4. Get ready to be just a number.
5. Calendaring features for recurring events doesn't work. You configure 8 events and it shows 4 online leaving you the option of configuring every event individually IF You want it to work correctly.

Toni

Enthusiasm Wanning

Reviewed on 2022-03-18

I used to be a HUGE supporter of YM. However, as they have grown, they have not kept up with staffing requirements and service is what is suffering. It takes weeks to get responses to tickets and when someone does respond, they seldom have a solution because they just aren't trained adequately.

Pros

YM is functional and fairly easy to use. I like that there are updated and improvement made regularly.

Cons

Things have been changing over the past few years as YM has grown. They are now starting to charge more for things like the REST API. They also put deadlines in for conversions such as transitioning from the current API to REST API and then do not have the support to assist as needed.

Kayla

If I Could Give 0 Stars

Reviewed on 2022-08-15

Run far far away - if you're considering YourMembership - just don't.

Run far far away - if you're considering YourMembership - just don't.

Pros

Nothing - absolutely nothing. This sounds harsh but I can't think of one redeeming quality. The backend of the software is so outdated and hard to use.

Cons

Everything - literally everything. This software is not easy to use, not easy to learn to use, and not easy to troubleshoot problems. Customer service is basically non-existent - you're on your own. Their system regularly shuts down completely, leaving you without a working website. This happened during an important event of ours, which was horrible. Customer service claimed they would be working on it, but it took days to fix.

Oh and there is a limit to how many records you can have on this software - they make you pay extra $ above a certain number which is ridiculous.

Bad bad bad

julie

Great Software, Need to Learn More

Reviewed on 2022-11-07

I realize that it could be substantial in our communications. When you do not have the support of other employees it makes it difficult knowing that it could improve dramatically. We would like to see about having a consultant help us in some areas but do not know if this is available.

Pros

Member data management - ease of credit card payments and exporting into Quickbooks. There are a lot of things I still need to learn but seem go stay so busy that don't have the time to learn other things.

Cons

I don't have time to learn all the aspects of everything it can do. I have tried to have our communications person switch over to this but to no avail. It is such a big part of today's engaging members. I do all of the accounting and member services so have not been able to learn all the ways it can be used.

Ljiljana

OASBO input

Reviewed on 2023-06-06

Not bad but we are looking for another product to be able to accommodate our needs we are currently use 2 other products in addition to YourMembership

Pros

User friendly to use & support is great.

Cons

We wish that YourMemberhsip had an Event App and an Exhibitor platform with a floor plan where Vendors can register and select their Booths.

Megan
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2019-09-12

Pros

I have very much appreciated YM's support team. They gave speedy, clear, and very informative responses to all my questions. They are kind and professional, and I’m glad we had the opportunity to work together on PSI's website redesign. They led us through the process and were helpful at every step of the way.

Cons

This is great software for people who like WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get), and don't want to have to worry about the technical details. If you're the type that likes to peak under the hood have maximum control, this isn't the solution for you -- that said, the support team has been very responsive at making changes to aspects of the website that we don't have control over as the customer.

Kaylee

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, performs great, and great support!

Reviewed on 2019-10-02

The customer service is particularly amazing with YM. Questions are always answered quickly and fully. I've never had a single issue that wasn't fully explained or resolved. Those issues that couldn't be resolved were addressed by YM staff in full and oftentimes they would offer a workaround, which is incredibly helpful.

Pros

For association management, this product is the perfect function and price point. While some websites could maybe offer more graphically or fancy options, with non-profits this product helps provide the exact functionality needed as well as an ease of use to make updates and changes.

Cons

Sometimes the functions are hard coded (a lot of language on the forms or store purchases), but there is always a way to workaround the features that are hard coded, so we don't find it a severe issue, especially with the cost.

Tim

Reporting in YM

Reviewed on 2021-09-24

Pros

I can easily pull up needed information to help make management decisions. I can also create reports that are useful to my specific needs in addition to good number of system generated reports that can be used as is or tweaked to my specific needs.

Cons

In the report section, the wealth of reports can be overwhelming. I find the ability to create reports to be cumbersome.

Response from Community Brands

Tim, thank you so much for the review! We are happy to hear that you and your team are able to easily create and run reports in YourMembership and that you find them insightful and useful.

Phindile

• Customer Support Software

YourMembership, the software provider an association needs.

Reviewed on 2022-11-01

The overall experience has been amazing and a breath of fresh air in this world with so much work. It can take a load off of a person's shoulders.

Pros

YM has amazing features to keep the work easier to do and accommodating in terms of time and money. The events feature is what i like the most followed by the membership dues and online store.

Cons

Please improve the events with sessions section in terms of certification obtained after attending such. We should be able to distinguish who attended what session.

Stratton

• Customer Support Software

YourMembership is decent when it actually works.

Reviewed on 2020-10-28

YourMembership staff is friendly and responsive, the features meet most of our needs but the site performance is awful.

Pros

It meets all of our basic needs for an association software management.

Cons

YourMembership has constant issues with performance or being outright down. We understand that there are going to always be issues that pop up when dealing with technology. The latest issue has lasted 3 days and for most of that time our website has been completely down.

Wendy

YM just "OK"

Reviewed on 2021-12-09

"Just OK" - will be looking for other AMS systems. Customer service very slow.

"Just OK" - will be looking for other AMS systems. Customer service very slow.

Pros

YM handles basic processes adequately. Multiple features.

Cons

Doesn't always "play well" with others. Email portion inadequate. Metrics ability lacking.

Response from Community Brands

Wendy, thank you for sharing this experience that your staff has had. YourMembership prides ourselves on helping you put your members first and because of this we put our customers first. Please check out the resource and training library we have for YM Clients: https://support.yourmembership.com/hc/en-us/articles/203158890

Charmayne

My opinion only

Reviewed on 2023-03-31

Using the system has been pretty good. It's the support that is terrible. Usually once you get a support person to speak with it has been very good.

Pros

I like most everything about YM. I would not have one specific thing at this time.

Cons

Support is terrible to get someone to answer your questions. At times I have waited months for assistance.

Paul

• Customer Support Software

Poor functionality and awful customer service

Reviewed on 2020-10-21

It’s a clumsy system that decreases the customer experience for us, losing potential customers, awfully hard to find anything, costs for the system is out of control, and the customer service is awful. My team is getting charged for a whole year through the end of 2021 even though we are moving on my December. Not the best way to create raving fans for your product.

Pros

We can do most of what we need in it when it works right.

Cons

Functionality and seamlessness for our users.

Janine

YM offers great functionality

Reviewed on 2020-01-09

Overall, I've had very good experience with the software and I especially appreciate YM's efforts to respond to users' requested revisions and improvements such as website editing functionality.

Pros

Given that this is my first experience with membership software, I have heavily relied on YM's high quality integrated tutorial videos and indexed knowledge database. When I have a unique problem, I receive very quick and quality responses from support staff via the integrated email system. For more complex questions, YM readily offers support via telephone calls.

Cons

I don't have full confidence in the bulk email capability in terms of the recipients' capability to receive. Admittedly, problems may or may not be the fault of the software.

Sheldon
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

• Customer Support Software

Great sales, great looking product but fails to deliver on all facets

Reviewed on 2016-08-30

Pros

They appeared to provide all the tools you could ever need. Individual ID/password and other self-service membership features and benefits.

Cons

Support! Pathetic is putting it mildly. It seems that whenever you call for support during business hours you only get a voice recording. Seldom do you get the opportunity to reach a live person. They typically respond to online forms the next day but when you have a service affecting situation you need service then. Another HUGE fail is their bulk emailing feature. We have a small membership email list, 4500 members, when only 1/4 get the emails regularly you know there are problems. And to add insult to injury, it's almost impossible to create a bulk email in an easy to read format. Cut and paste from a basic text editor or Word and then try to format it, everything goes haywire. Try to type your own and the window will freeze up on you and you'll lose hours of work if you haven't saved it recently. Get ready to be frustrated.