4.2
4.2
Danielle B.

Love SPS Fulfillment!

Reviewed on 4/20/2018

Pros

I love how user friendly the software is! It was a seamless transition with lots of resources and tools. Customer service is ALWAYS super friendly AND helpful, which is hard to come by these days!

Cons

When I click on a new PO I'd like to be able to toggle from tab to tab however the page changes entirely so sometimes I have to go back and forth too much.. Other than that I love it!

Steven C.

CPG Industry-Fueled EDI Fulfillment Brilliantly Simplified

Reviewed on 7/19/2019

Triple-grade A, top-notch overall experience: EDI enables the timely acknowledgment of PO's (sales opportunities) to be serviced in as timely a manner as possible with the help of SPS Commerce...in the CPG industry, EDI is an absolute must and this platform affords our organization the ease of access with our various national and regional retail partners to conduct seamless and streamlined transactions. I recommend this service to small and medium-sized enterprises that only seek the finest tools in their respective trades and fields to get the job done right.

Pros

Seamless integration with varied retail partners through EDI link up, real-time receipt of digital documents from party to party, ability to accept or reject PO revisions with select retail partners, endless types of transactions to conduct business through in the software platform (from initial PO receipt up to freight/logistics servicing and finally to the sought after finish line with the fulfillment/invoicing of PO's), back-end deduction claims management, debit-credit adjustments and remittance advices simplified...and then some.

Cons

Manual inputting of data points for all of our PO's serviced via our various national/regional retail partners...has to be a workaround to digitally uplink fulfillments and invoices from ERP platform (NetSuite). At least in my experience, it has all been manual submissions but otherwise, the above reviews would be flawless. Perhaps, the same rule of thought could apply to advance shipment notices for uploading signed BOL's but not as much of a hindrance compared to our constant billing cycle to maintain.

Terri C.

Great Option of EDI Processes

Reviewed on 9/25/2020

Customer service and the implementation teams are first-rate. They make it easy to add additional partners.

Pros

The automation of our fulfillment and invoicing processes. Customer service is also great.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to find the cause of errors, and once it's been fixed, we cannot re-submit ourselves but have to reach to Customer Service to do it for us. They always respond quickly, but it would be better for both sides if we could do it ourselves.

Cesar D.
Industry: Retail

Very Disappointed with SPS Commerce.  I was misled and miss directed

Reviewed on 9/1/2020

Any other company would have done the right thing, showing that they value their customer's business, and stood behind their actions and refunded the money and helped correct what they caused.  SPS chose to ignore the problem, blame us for choosing their recommendation, not penalize their "vetted" partner or try to recover any monies spent or try to make it right, and ultimately kept every dollar spent even though those services were ultimately never set up.  I'm not sure which of those scenarios or outcomes I could possibly find the most value in SPS when you asked me to reconsider and find the value in your services. Hopefully, that will help you find the values that we couldn't in SPS services.

Pros

Full account termination notice was given in a timely manner to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (customer service rep) in writing and over the phone.  I have yet to receive a response from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] or your leadership team regarding how poorly we were treated, even after requesting one.  It is clear SPS does not value our business, nor stand behind an awful software-recommendation handpicked by SPS for us, and part of their approved partners.  SPS's recommendation cost our company over $50,000 for software that never worked and SPS services that were never used.

Cons

Actually I found out that SPS never even bothered going through with the testing or certification of the automated service which we were paying for.  Then to offer just credit for money paid just for the SPS automation and offer no compensation or offer to help obtain some kind of refund from their partner told me all I needed to know.  I have documenting my experience as a whole and writing this review.  Even your own typed words of "services can be canceled at any time throughout your term (up to 60 days prior to your renewal date)" is truly misleading and factually inaccurate.  When you put in writing "any time throughout your term" it means "any time throughout your term", and limiting any times during the term means I really can't do it any time.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Karen A.
Industry: Food & Beverages

SPS Commerce for Wholesale Orders

Reviewed on 8/20/2020

SPS Commerce has been great to give training when we first went live with EDI. We have received great ongoing support.

Pros

Ease of use. We used an EDI before SPS and have found SPS to be so easy for us and our team to use.

Cons

No complaints with software. It has been easy to get support when we need it.

Kerissa M.

Great tool for accounting

Reviewed on 4/16/2020

We are very pleased with the overall experience SPS Commerce Fulfillment provides.

Pros

The modules are neatly labeled and streamlined for efficient order processing. (Receive,Ship and Process Orders effortlessly!) Easy to train new users with the simple. straightforwardness of the software. The ability to consolidate our customers onto one EDI system has been a huge help in streamlining our internal processes, as well as reducing processing times and order accuracy.

Cons

Implementing customers that utilize a third party software has proven some features not usable / compatible. (ie. order revisions, customized fields, etc.) It's a work in progress, but we are happy to see more of our customers moving to EDI software like SPS Commerce.

Mimi L.

SPS Commerce Fulfillment

Reviewed on 6/24/2020

MAPADOC push from SPS eliminates the need for us to input the orders manually.

Pros

The push of information through MAPADOC to our organization's software works well. When there are issues, help from Customer Service has been readily available.

Cons

One of the biggest issues that seems to plague SPS Commerce Fulfillment is the push of information back across MAPADOC. We do changes in our organization's software as well as having to do them in SPS. This increases the chances of errors. For example, when an invoice is created the information is not propagated from SPS nor our system through MAPADOC so the data has to be entered all over again. The invoice document is created off an existing order so the invoice should have all data entered from that order with the option to make changes if necessary. This would allow us to verify all items prior to sending the invoice. The Quick Entry is wonderful for a single entry order but not practical for extensive orders.
Another issue that we seem to have is when there is error in processing a document. The document is tagged as having errors but there is no further information as to what exactly is the issue. The error is not highlighted on the document. If the error was highlighted it would save time in the correction of the error.

Doug H.
Industry: Warehousing

Changes in SPS

Reviewed on 8/18/2020

So as I mentioned above, it worked, past tense, fine before they decided to "improve" it. I have no idea who or what was the impetus for the change.

Pros

I like the ability to pre-fill forms , like the ASN form, in the preferences mode, which speeds up the process of filling the ASN out as in many cases, the information stays the same.

Cons

They changed something in the last 2-3 weeks , and now instead of being able to complete an ASN, and roll right into the next one, via the transactions page, I now have to go to the dash board and then re-select 'Ready for Shipment', and then scroll down and find the next shipment. Not helpful at all.

Response from SPS Commerce

We apologize if a recent update has caused issues for you. Andrew W. from our optimization team will be reaching out to you today or tomorrow to discuss the issue and how to resolve it. Thank you for the review and letting us know how we can help.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Pete T.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

SPS Good overall Solution

Reviewed on 10/30/2019

SPS has been great to deal with. Highly recommend. Simplifies the whole EDI process.

Pros

Integrates very well with WMS system. Very seamless.

Cons

If a transaction doesn't get sent to our WMS system there is no way for us to have the file resent. We need to contact support. Support however is very quick to respond. Seems like an unnecessary step.

Louise U.

SPS Commerce

Reviewed on 2/24/2020

It is just one necessary aspect of the shipping portion of my job. I have never used anyone else so I have nothing to compare it to.

Pros

It is used by or 2 largest customers. We can move the information from your website to populate our Access program. Customer support is very quick and efficient.

Cons

It would be a lot better if more of the information was automatically populated.(We have to type in our information for Northern Tool every time) We cannot use the short form because of the different carriers assigned, compared to who actually picks up in Canada. We are a small office to doing all of the extra forms becomes cumbersome. Northern Tool takes a long time to get their info to SPS - I think they only update a couple times a day. Therefore, I end up manually typing in orders anyway, to get them into production by end of day.

Response from SPS Commerce

Thank you for your review and for letting us know that your process is taking more effort than you'd like. Ben K. from the SPS Customer Success team will be reaching out to you walk you through some ways this can be further automated and save you time. Please look our for his call shortly.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Great for integrated CMS systems

Reviewed on 7/19/2018

My experience hasn't been easy. There was no first hand training. We had to rely on webinars and video training to gather the knowledge we needed to understand how to navigate SPS Commerce and the fulfillment process. However, if we had an in-person training and if our in-house software was more up-to-date so that integration and automation was an option, I believe my experience would be more pleasant.

Pros

The ability to communicate between retailers and suppliers in a very real time exchange.
The ability to merge a large quantity of orders directly into our CMS software for quick and easy fulfillment.
The search ability to easily find any PO and the ease with being able to separate retailers by name.
Love the work flow chart associated to each order- easy to see notes and activity in regard to any given order.

Cons

The complicated and lengthy process of sending and receiving PO Acknowledgements and Changes.
All recent activity is noted on the over and transaction tabs, making it confusing to scroll through. I like the idea of only showing 1 PO number and having check marks within the box that show the activity that has been completed for that particular PO.
This software does not work well with our very unique "small company" CMS/ ERP software. We have to manually print out each PO, manually respond with a PO Acknowledgement after manually checking our inventory, and then have to manually enter the drop ship addresses and order into our software for fulfillment. We then also have to manually respond with ASNs and import invoicing. We do have the ability to merge large quantity orders, with a specially crafted application so long as it only has a few consistent addresses the account/retailer ships to. Automated merging is not possible for many and varying drop ship addresses, those we must manually print, review, and enter through the entire fulfillment process.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Walter S.
Industry: Information Services

EDI Fulfillment Tool: Great Way To Fulfill Orders

Reviewed on 7/23/2019

Before using SPS Commerce we had to do everything manually in the form of emails and our company software. Now whenever we receive an order we just log in to the portal process it on our end and then enter the tracking information and invoice information. Easy peasy!

Pros

Very easy to use. Once everything is setup we get prompt emails for orders received. This helps us in processing the order. Once we login to the portal everything is just a click away. All the open order are shown on the dashboard instantaneously. Furthermore, there are very userfriendly and vibrant buttons or blocks that differentiate between orders, errors, shipments, and invoices. If anything is missing from any order for example shipping information or invoicing information, it's just a click away to complete it.

When we open the order, the presentation of the order workflow is so easy to understand, even a layman with no technical information can easily understand at which stage the order is. We have one of our trusted resellers also using it and they are able to extract information very easily.

Also, when we signed up I was afraid I would not understand how everything works on the SPS portal, but the training center feature helped me greatly understand how each of the processes works.

I had an issue once, I was unable to find the carrier code for one of my carriers, I talked to the support rep and she helped me with it. Although it took her some time also to find it but the issue was resolved.

Cons

Well, I wouldn't say its a very bad feature but when I tried adding more users to our account, like our accounts personnel and other team members who interact with it, there was a fee associated with it. It's not a con but we were not informed about it before.

Kazz K.

Review of SPS Commerce Fulfillment

Reviewed on 5/27/2020

Overall, the experience is okay. While I do appreciate the notifications and easy access to retrieve purchase orders and submit invoices, I cringe when there is a problem because it seems no one has an answer to solve the problem and our company suffers because we cannot submit invoices. I would not recommend this product to another business, especially a small business that is dependent upon their invoices getting paid in a timely manner.

Pros

The software is easy to use. Receipt of purchase orders and submitting invoices is simple. I appreciate the notifications I receive via email that let me know purchase orders are available, that invoices have been processed, and also whether there are issues with invoices that have been submitted.

Cons

There were instances where invoice fields our company never used would be activated and it was mandatory to fill in those fields or the invoice wouldn't be processed. After contacting customer service several times about the new/activated fields and the reps giving me different answers that didn't work, I was told to reach out to our partner. The partner provided solutions but invoices were still being rejected. So I simply started submitting invoices and clicking on every option that was on the dropbox for those fields until our invoice was accepted. It took almost 3 months which means we had 3 months of back invoices and the oldest invoices were not accepted due to the late entries. That was a very disappointing experience.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Richard M.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Excellent EDI Solution

Reviewed on 2/15/2019

As I described above, we were required to come up with a solution which started as an EDI interface to receive and acknowledge POs, but turned into requirements for ASNs, Invoicing, etc. SPS has been easy for all of our users and has met the needs of our customers with these requirements.

Pros

A number of years ago, one of our distribution networks started to demand we use an EDI platform for the receipt of purchase orders. Our ERP does not support this feature, so we had to look outside for solutions. We evaluated SPS Commerce and found this service to be the broadest, most user-friendly and economical solution in the marketplace. Some of our other distribution networks have since come on board and created new demands for different functions which SPS offers. Access by all of our departments (sales, customer service, bookkeeping, shipping, etc.) allows us to seamlessly meet our customers' needs.

Cons

When rejecting a purchase order, an anticipated ship date still has to be entered in order to process the rejection even though the order is rejected. This often confuses customers because you are both rejecting the order and entering a ship date. If the drop down option is to reject the order, then one shouldn't be forced to also enter a date.

Sam C.
Industry: Consumer Goods

SPS Commerce gets the job done, but seems expensive for what it is

Reviewed on 4/17/2018

SPS Commerce allowed us to connect to dropship and bulk-shipment retailers via EDI. We were able to fulfill orders manually via this software, and then eventually set up the software to communicate automatically with our warehouse.

Pros

If you need to connect to a sales channel via EDI, SPS Commerce is going to be one of the most reliable options to do so. SPS is a large organization, and they seem to have experience connecting with any retailer we would want to do business with. This makes the integration process a lot easier.

SPS also has a very responsive technical support team. Any time an issue comes up, we send them an email, and almost always get a response within one business day. The technical team seems to be very knowledgeable.

Cons

The main con is the price. SPS charges a flat per-document fee. When you are receiving large dollar-value orders, this small fee per document doesn't amount to much. However, if you are doing high volume, low dollar-value dropship orders, the fixed fee per document takes out a large percentage of your profit. Depending on the type of business you do, you need to clearly negotiate with SPS to get the pricing that works best for you.

Other than that, the experience with SPS Commerce has been good.

Jennie L.
Industry: Accounting

Customer Support is very helpful

Reviewed on 4/23/2018

easy to use.

Pros

This program is easy to use. Most of our customers are using this program for EDI, thus we use this program almost daily to get purchase orders from multiple customers and invoice each customer after shipment on a very easy and convenient way. It is a very helpful tool to do invoicing and fasten payment receivable. It also has alert system to tell you if your invoice can not pass on to the customers with reason etc. It is in short a useful and helpful tool to run the daily business through EDI platform. I personally recommend this software to the similar business model as ours.

Cons

Besides the Pros for this software, it also has some negative features that I would like to bring up here. It is not easy to look up some information sometimes. Especially when you want to look up some history information, the search criteria is somehow ambitious. It takes time to try an error to search for some information. Also the online chat is not always there, it is usually take you a day to get response for some simple question. Phone in also take quite long wait. It is the most important things I feel SPS commerce should pay more attention to improve.

Nic D.
Industry: Sporting Goods

Great EDI Solution...only a few suggestions

Reviewed on 10/31/2019

Great company who obviously excels in the EDI world giving customers different options that suits their capabilities. If you're not familiar with EDI or your just wanting to try things out SPS is a great way to start as they know what they're doing.

If you are integrating the EDI docs into your ERP system (docs automatically import from and export to SPS) I would suggest that you try to understand as much as possible on what information your trading partner requires. SPS knows general information but there have been a handful of times where the document tests are successful but the actual information that your sending isn't the right information. You still have to put in the work.

Pros

Easy to read and complete the forms for all EDI documents. Required fields (per the receiving company) will be highlighted in red and if any aren't filled in the document won't send which reduces the chances of chargebacks.

Cons

I would love to be able to manipulate and edit how I see things on the landing page. There are some customization options, but I'd like to be a little more in control of what I see and what I need.

Diana D.

SPS User Friendly

Reviewed on 7/19/2019

I was the person who worked with the SPS team on set-up. As inexperienced as I am with this type of system I had many questions and a few times we had to set up conference calls to get everything as we needed it. The SPS team never acted as if I was a burden and patiently answered all my questions. This to me is worth more than I can say. After set-up and moving forward any questions I had and issues I faced there was always an SPS team member that would be there to walk me through a procedure or answer my questions.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. I can navigate through different forms with ease. I can also check for errors before finalizing a form. This allows me to catch any mistakes before finalizing the form.

Cons

There is not much I don't like about the system and nothing at this time I would recommend changing or adding.

Stefani L.
Industry: Hospitality

Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 6/19/2020

I have had a very good experience with all members of the SPS Commerce team from initial implementation to Customer Support once implemented.

Pros

The SPS software is very easy to use once trained. Depending on the business partner you are setting up with, implementation may take a bit of time but once in use, SPS Customer Service has always been really great with helping to answer any questions you may have.

Cons

Sometimes when doing searches for purchase order, the search and advanced search functionality can be tricky and it becomes difficult to locate a particular order.

Response from SPS Commerce

Thank you for your review! We noticed that you mention some difficulties with our search capabilities. An SPS customer success rep will be reaching out to you to see if we can provide some tips to help you with this. We are delighted to hear you've been happy with the service overall.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Patti M.

Automation that Saves Time and Money

Reviewed on 7/30/2019

Our overall experience with SPS as a business has been wonderful. The live chat is a great feature to solve issues quickly. Automation is the wave of the future and any additional time savers would be a great addition.

Pros

I am very happy we selected to implement the SPS adapter to automatically take our orders and interface with Quick Books and our ERP system. This has saved me countless hours of work. The testing and implementation support has been outstanding and their representative is professional, patient and very knowledgeable, Time is Money :-)

Cons

There are a few tweaks we have had to hard code but other than that I would say there was nothing to not like about the software. There is a half hour delay between the time the order hits fulfillment until the time I get a new order email.

Industry: Food & Beverages

We use SPS on a daily basis, but when problems arise there is always a delay in resolution.

Reviewed on 4/23/2018

Pros

Once set-up has been completed correctly the process is smooth. I like that I am able to get notifications of the activities of the POs, Invoices, and ASNs.

Cons

The software is fine, but support needs help. Emailing customer support is a slow process and I don't get same day responses/resolutions. Response from a staff member can take a few days to a week. I typically have to call in to get problems resolved the same day if it's an urgent matter. Error notifications don't provide any details on why documents were rejected. Depending on who is helping with the ticket will depend on the length of time for resolution. I have requested a break down of the EDI flow so I can understand the process better, but have not received additional information and was told there isn't any information on this. Our company has had high turnover and there is no one on staff that has a central understanding of how EDI works.

Michael H.
Industry: Wholesale

A little frustrating to date albeit issues with resources on our side,

Reviewed on 5/7/2018

To early to tel but what we expect is a streamlined EDI process requiring minimal intervention and no errors

Pros

We haven't had chance yet to fully integrate yet so it will be some time before we can comment fully on what we do and don't like re this software. On the webforms startup it was more difficult to use than our previous provider but I think that's a lack f training up front but once this was organised it was better - Point do a better job in this area we should not have to chase

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Stephanie C.
Industry: Warehousing

Wonderful software and customer service

Reviewed on 10/25/2019

We use SPS Commerce with all our vendor accounts for multiple clients. Amazon Vendor Central is our biggest business and SPS has made it possible to manage everyone quickly and easily in one system.

Pros

It's so easy to use and navigate. We have multiple team members accessing multiple client accounts within SPS and it could not be more user-friendly. We recommend it to all our clients. Anytime we have issues we can hop in the chatbox and we have them resolved within the day. The customer service is stellar and the software overall is SO good.

Cons

The software is near perfect. We did have issues with one of our account reps in trying to get the program set up, but it was quickly addressed and the issue resolved.

Ashley S.

SPS has been great to work with and made my job much more efficient.

Reviewed on 7/5/2018

Makes processing customer orders so easy and it's a great place to have all our orders stored in one spot. Customer service is really good too!

Pros

I LOVE that SPS integrates with our accounting system, so I can import customer orders with the click of a button. I wouldn't want to work without it! It's easy to use, the navigation is very user friendly, and I like that is has all my documents in one place. Customer service/support is great and they are always willing to help.

Cons

On the rare occasion, it can be a little slow and/or glitche, but that is probably my own internet more than anything. I do wish that there were page arrows at both the top and bottom of pages. Currently, you can only switch to the next page by scrolling all the way to the bottom of the page. When the pages are so long, it would be nice to have that option at the top too!

Jeffrey S.

Been using multiple SPS products for our EDI Connections

Reviewed on 4/17/2018

Validity checking and SPS worrying about all the configuration changes NOT me. Web based EDI for simple / one time customers.

Pros

The number one thing is the editing the documents for validity. This has prevented many a charge-back from occurring. We also use the Webforms for customers that do not justify a complete EDI connection or one time customers. Seconal or single buy customers a perfect for this. The adhoc reporting makes it easy to find out whats happening with documents.

Cons

Set up can be tough at times and rather complicated but then EDI seems to be these days. Some more reporting would be nice to have. Error reporting is getting better but could be better explanations.