Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud

AI-powered data protection and cybersecurity

4.0/5

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Best product for Data Backup and Recovery

Reviewed on 2022-03-20

Great experience with Acronid cloud

Pros

Easy to deployment and use with server for backup and recovery purposes

Cons

Internet bandwidth uses for backup over cloud

Jeff C.

Acronis for MSPs

Reviewed on 2019-12-05

Pros

The ease of use to add clients and install agents

Cons

If you use it from distribution and not directly, reaching support is a bit challenging

Patrick L.

• Customer Support Software

The system is more or less easy to use, but pray not to run into any problems.

Reviewed on 2017-12-21

Pros

The user interface has improved the most. Easy to handle and clean designed, you will find what you are looking for.

Cons

Together with the Hyper-V agent you always need some further "local" agents for Exchange or SQL. With this agents instlled the VM shows up twice (one from the local agent and one from Hyper-V agent). This confuses the user and it get worse when it comes to agent updates - there the one machine can show the actual version wehre the other remains on the pervious build. Mac agent still causes more problems than the Windows versions. When comes the XenServer integration as we have them for Hyper-V and Vmware??? I miss a link between the Alerts with the error logs and the support article in the Acronis knowledge base.

Jeff E.

Set it, Forget it, and Know That Your Important Data is Backup Up

Reviewed on 2018-09-20

I've been using Acronis backup products for nearly a decade, and their Cloud backup solution for about two years. I use it on a few computers, and it works very well on all of them! I typically use it to create a full image backup to a USB drive when I first get (and configure) a new computer, and then do automatic, file-level backups to the cloud on a daily basis.

Pros

Acronis Backup Cloud is straight-forward to install and setup on your computer, then runs quietly in the background, and includes robust ransomware detection. It also has a cloud-based management console which allows you to manage and restore from your web browser. There are some great plans for those of us who want to use it on multiple computers. I also called their support to handle a minor issue, and they got it resolved very quickly for me.

Cons

The only thing that I wish was better, is using the web-based management console to mange backups that from multiple computers. It seems like it groups all of the files together in a mass, single directly, and I'd like to see this be able to be separated by computer name, etc.

Derek I.

3-2-1 Backup is not optional for self-employed

Reviewed on 2018-10-03

I have Acronis installed on 5 devices: 2 smartphones, 1 desktop, and 2 laptops. which is perfect for me, my business, and personal backups. great product for self-employed!

Pros

Acronis has always been an industry standard with imaging and ease of use. I have been using a version of the product since 2005! Software has a small footprint, easy to install, easy to use, and it just works.

Cons

Pricing over the years has varied, and when the Acronis Cloud product first came out, it was unlimited storage, and the following year, it was discontinued and storage costs drove the pricing. I get it about storage, but also dislike the fact that I have to maintain the software, storage, files ect versus the set-it-and-forget-it capability I had gotten used to.

Tyler L.

• Customer Support Software

It's a pretty robust software that's easy to set up and customize to each customer.

Reviewed on 2017-12-19

It's so much more customizable and flexible than other backup software we've used in the past, and offers much easier management. I get email alerts if there are more than 3 days with a backup failure, and can see what the error message was within the email so if it was something like a disc not being connected, I don't have to log in to the management software or the server, I can just give the office a call and check in with them.

Pros

You can easily tailor it to exactly your specific needs, and adjust those over time without having to remake the entire backup plan.

Cons

The latest update made the management interface a lot slower to load and to navigate. While it's clean and logical where things are located, it's just slower than it used to be, and requires drilling down through multiple layers, adding loading after loading. This occurs on all computers within our office and at my home office, and here we're getting 359.9 down and 73.1 up, so I really can't imagine it's an issue on my end. Hopefully this is fixed in a future update of the management portal.

Luke K.

• Customer Support Software

Acronis Cloud backup has been easy to configure, and a great product for our MSP customers!

Reviewed on 2017-12-19

Pros

Acronis has been easy to configure and reliable for offsite backup solution. The ability to integrate with RMM solutions has been greatly beneficial for our company and the companies we support. The reliability of the offsite backups, ease of restoration, and consistency of backups make this product one of the top on our list.

Cons

Could use a little more direct customer support. Perhaps additional methods of initial seeding, but otherwise the product is pretty solid.

• Customer Support Software

We've been using Acronis Backup Cloud to backup VMs located in public cloud environments.

Reviewed on 2017-12-21

Pros

Agent deployments and updates are very straightforward, and the backup policy has just the right amount of configurable options without being overwhelming or confusing.

Cons

The API methods available are primarily focused on tenant/customer entity management vs. management of the actual backup policies and agents. This is on Acronis' road map however, and they've been making steady improvements since we began using the product.

David P.

Scaleable cloud backup solution

Reviewed on 2019-02-06

Pros

The interface is unfussy and easy to install on clients. Offers lots of flexibility in backup schedules and destinations. The restore process is very simple and effective.

Cons

Can be pricey depending on circumstances.

Chris L.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

We use Acronis in a small branch office.

Reviewed on 2018-03-07

Pros

Easy to setup and use.
The administrative interface is intuitive and did not require significant admin training.
Backup have been fast and reliable.

Cons

There were differences between the cloud and on-prem software options.
We did not find the cloud option would scale to our larger offices.

Bill B.

• Customer Support Software

Very flexible backup and recovery package

Reviewed on 2020-04-09

Have tested most of the business backup solutions out there. Acronis hit the sweet spot in terms of features and availability. It's available through distribution so you can pay for only what you use. It's multi-tenant for MSPs. Backed up Windows and Linux desktops and servers. It allows for local and/or cloud storage.

Pros

Multi-platform!

Very flexible in the types of backups (full, incremental, differential), the retention policies, the storage destinations, etc.

Cons

While it is able to restore to a virtual machine, this is something you'll want to try ahead of any need for it. There's a bit of prep work to do to get a VM restore to work.

Matt C.

• Customer Support Software

Overall great product and service! User interface needs a little tweaking.

Reviewed on 2017-12-20

The software has allowed my company to backup and restore critical client data, when computers and servers decide to stop functioning. You can restore data to another device with different hardware without a problem. You can also restore directly from the cloud servers, so it saves a lot of time, stress, lost productivity and lost profit.

Pros

The software works very well. It protects our companies and clients data. Easy to restore data from local or through the internet with boot media. Easy to install the backup client and setup reoccurring backup schedules. The data backed up is always complete and not corrupted. Would recommend the software to anyone!

Cons

The web portal interface needs a little tweaking. For example, to increase or decrease the storage space available to a user, you have to change it in 2 spots, not just one. So, if you don't do it in both, the size with remain as it is. Also, the interface locks up and stops responding at times. For the value the software offers, I will deal with the cons!

Dan G.

• Customer Support Software

The partner of ours that drives the most growth

Reviewed on 2019-11-07

Disaster recovery, ransomware protection, and sleep at night.

Pros

Acronis delivers backup and disaster recovery services that span from simple local backups, to encrypted, virtualizable backups both locally and to the cloud. Support is very good. Acronis comes out with new disaster recovery solutions that are affordable for our clients fairly regularly. Backup and disaster recovery, through Acronis, has driven quite a bit of growth over the past several years.

Cons

The website requires a lot of clicks, but over time I've seen vast improvements to the web portal.

Peter S.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

No news is good news

Reviewed on 2018-03-13

Peace of mind!

Pros

I like that I don't have to think about my backups being done. I used to have to manually back up to a hard drive then I moved to a more automated system but still had to baby sit it. With Acronis I don't have to do anything unless I get an email saying there is some sort of problem. I have Acronis managing my onsite as well as offsite backups and I love knowing that my critical data is safe.

Cons

Sometimes the error messages I receive from a failed backup are a little confusing/unclear. There will be times when a backup runs for several hours and then I get an email saying there was not enough free space on my local backup machine. Couldn't it have predicted that ahead of time by simply running a size query for the target backup as well as the source?

Jason M.

• Customer Support Software

Amazing experience best backup and disaster recovery solution on the market

Reviewed on 2017-12-13

Pros

Capability of restoring is on a next level, does not matter what it is Acronis can restore it in the event of a disaster. The ease of use when setting up is also a big plus as it is a few click and you are up and running backups.

Cons

There is no Acronis data center in South Africa, also no local support. Apart from that there is no cons to using the product it just works and does what I expect it to do. I would just recommend a stronger presence in South Africa as it is a big draw back.

Chase R.

• Customer Support Software

Customer service is an absolute joke and near impossible to get a response in a timely manner.

Reviewed on 2017-12-29

A solid backup solution when it works. Once it works it tends to stay working. The only issues is if it's not working, you will have to figure it out on your own, next to no support!

Pros

The software does exactly what it was made for and fairly straightforward to use. Recovery is very quick and seamless.

Cons

Not necessarily the software, but the support is almost non-existent. We put in tickets and it takes days to get responses. Probably the worst customer service we've ever experienced. As a business partner, you think you would get back to them in a timely manner when they are having issues with the backups not working a little faster than within 4 to 5 DAYS!

Joshua R.

Solid backups, reliable restores

Reviewed on 2019-01-16

Overall this has saved us a couple of time from human error that could have set up back a lot of hours of work.

Pros

The ability to dig into a backup and retrieve a file without having to download the entire backup is just awesome. I've used this feature multiple times and it's fantastic.

Cons

The admin layout took some getting used to, once you've got it, it's very functional and it makes sense, for me though it took me a couple of tries to grab hold of.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

• Customer Support Software

Acronis Backup is a lifesaving backup solution.

Reviewed on 2018-01-01

Pros

What I like most is that the backups can be saved almost anywhere. If I have a large dataset, I can opt for physical data shipping so I can create the first job on a local NAS, ship to Acronis, and then incremental jobs will go over my pipe after that. It works flawlessly every time.

Cons

What I like least is that I cannot go and fix some errors myself. I like to be hands on but due to the nature of Acronis BC, it can be difficult to find where the error may be originating from. That being said, Acronis support is amazing and more than happy to review my system logs to help me out.

Eli P.

Peace of Mind Without a Lot of Management

Reviewed on 2021-06-11

Overall, Acronis Cyber Backup Cloud keeps systems protected without a lot of management. It has been a good experience using the product.

Pros

Acronis Cyber Backup Cloud allows us to keep all critical systems backed up and protected. The cloud backup feature allows backups to complete anywhere without the need to worry about physical drive connections.

Cons

Depending on Internet connection speed, backups can take a long time or not complete at all. Be sure all users have sufficient Internet connections.

Jeremy M.

• Customer Support Software

I have been using Acronis for years, the cloud feature is seamless and makes backups easy

Reviewed on 2017-12-19

Pros

the unattended features offered, including the cloud backup storage and regular scheduling, make backups only a secondary concern

Cons

the recovery process can often be slow , and a download may take more time than we would like for emergency situations

Mauro D.
  • Industry: Dairy

Acronis simplicity

Reviewed on 2019-01-24

One of the most straight forward and seamless imaging and backup software I've ever used. Anyone can use it

Pros

The simplicity of it using the software for personal or business use.

Cons

Nothing so far! I have never run into any issues using Acronis.

Expensive at first glance, but worth it

Reviewed on 2018-11-16

Pros

There are so many features, from ransomware active protection, to cloud disaster recovery, to even including a notary service using blockchain tech. Plus, features are being added continuously..

Cons

Support from Acronis themselves is hard to come by, so you'll need a local IT service provider that's been trained and is familiar with the product and it's features.

Brian R.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Acronis Cloud

Reviewed on 2019-04-02

Love the product! Easy to configure, backup, and restore.

Pros

I have Fiber internet now and the upload of data to the cloud backup service is super quick and reliable. Restoring a backup was super helpful recently even though I had only lost a single file.

Cons

Internet access is required and your backup and restore speeds are entirely dependent on the WAN network.

Razmig S.

Great tool for MSP's!

Reviewed on 2017-12-30

Pros

Very flexible and easy to use. For the most part it is very reliable and fast. Switching from WSB to Acronis cloud gave us good management of all our cleint's backups.

Cons

Sometimes I think support could be a bit better but recently I have been having good experience.
Wish they have Office 365 SharePoint support.

Jessy M.

• Customer Support Software

The software itself is rather stable and overall very easy to work with.

Reviewed on 2017-12-19

Pros

Ease of deployment and versatility. We can set it to backup anywhere or multiple locations very quickly. We love the fact that its cost is based on space used and not how many agents there are. We have some clients that have very little data but lots of agents, so this works perfectly

Cons

Our customer Support ([email protected]) does NOT get back to us even days later. We need keep reaching out to get anything answered and support is highly unresponsive.